New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Heroes of the Storm II: Thread. Augmented. Logical Decision

The threshold increases as levels go by.

And Spotlights should not say completely false things. It'd be weird if in the Chromie spotlight it showed Chromie tanking for the team (and succeeding)
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    The threshold increases as levels go by.

And Spotlights should not say completely false things. It'd be weird if in the Chromie spotlight it showed Chromie tanking for the team (and succeeding)
    I mean, I wouldn't want to outright tank thrall in the early game, even post rework thrall, but in the later game I'm pretty sure Malthael will win that fight on even levels. Thrall's self sustain against a single target got pretty heavily nerfed in the PTR, and malthael's only gets stronger as the game goes on as he gets more abilities to help him survive.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ettin in the Playground

have they announced how much the treasure goblin mount will cost? I'm sitting on only about 12000 gold currently.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

4. - Top - End - #724
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    I mean, I wouldn't want to outright tank thrall in the early game, even post rework thrall, but in the later game I'm pretty sure Malthael will win that fight on even levels. Thrall's self sustain against a single target got pretty heavily nerfed in the PTR, and malthael's only gets stronger as the game goes on as he gets more abilities to help him survive.
    It still looks like Malthael absolutely does not counter Thrall. More like, an even match, tilted by levels and talent choices.

Same with Sonya. I actually think Sonya (with War Paint) should beat Malthael in 1v1 pretty easily, due to her monster DPS and sustain.

Point is, it's just a weird pairing for a spotlight IMO, because it doesn't really make sense. Wow, he has %damage, decent sustain and chase... easily a Thrall counter!

Why didn't they make him fight Cho'Gall, Azmodan or even just Muradin/ETC/Johanna?

Mount : I'd bet on 20k, don't get your hopes up :P
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2017-06-07 at 12:38 PM.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ettin in the Playground

20k is plenty easy.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

It still looks like Malthael absolutely does not counter Thrall. More like, an even match, tilted by levels and talent choices.

Same with Sonya. I actually think Sonya (with War Paint) should beat Malthael in 1v1 pretty easily, due to her monster DPS and sustain.

Point is, it's just a weird pairing for a spotlight IMO, because it doesn't really make sense. Wow, he has %damage, decent sustain and chase... easily a Thrall counter!

Why didn't they make him fight Cho'Gall, Azmodan or even just Muradin/ETC/Johanna?

Mount : I'd bet on 20k, don't get your hopes up :P
    Outside of a duel scenario, Malthael can seriously reduce Thrall's survivability by dropping his -50% heal debuff on him. thrall really needs the sustain to survive in a teamfight, so just doing that can screw thrall over something fierce. Plus, constant damage is nontrivial.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

7. - Top - End - #727
    Titan in the Playground

Hey Gandariel, random question: how long do Heroes Lounge seasons run for? Depending on how much longer I'm working at my current overnight job, I might try getting into the next one, just because it actually syncs well with my availability, unlike Chair League. (Also, is there any significant negative effect ping-wise if I'm playing from the East Coast NA on EU servers?)
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Heroes Lounge seasons run 9 weeks + playoffs (unless they change it but there's no indication they will). Right now it looks like season 4 will begin on the tenth of july. As far as ping goes, playing from EU to East Coast is tolerable for me, though I can feel the ping difference. Probably depends on how good your internet is as well. Like if you already have bottlenecking or spikes, adding Atlantic ping will hurt. Otherwise, it should be fine, at least if you don't play a lot of timing-sensitive combo heroes like Kerrigan.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

9. - Top - End - #729
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks for the info! I'll have to think on that--I've been slowly trying to get a more normal-schedule job.
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Troll in the Playground

https://youtu.be/HaT9D0vW5Zg

Really, really entertaining game. Also, my new go-to answer when someone asks me who my favorite character is
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ettin in the Playground

https://youtu.be/HaT9D0vW5Zg

Really, really entertaining game. Also, my new go-to answer when someone asks me who my favorite character is
    I rate this game 6.5/10.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ettin in the Playground

Got the new mount. It's surprisingly cheap.
    Also sort of surprised by how... kind of weak Maltheael seems. Like, in a group versus a big tough npc or very high hp hero? He might do okay, but as a solo character he... kind of sucks compared to a lot of other options with a lot more burst.
    Buuut then again, that's just my impression from trying the "try" mode.
    Meow(Steam page)

13. - Top - End - #733
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Got the new mount. It's surprisingly cheap.
    Also sort of surprised by how... kind of weak Maltheael seems. Like, in a group versus a big tough npc or very high hp hero? He might do okay, but as a solo character he... kind of sucks compared to a lot of other options with a lot more burst.
    Buuut then again, that's just my impression from trying the "try" mode.
    He has a specific role in fighting heavy sustain comps. Lots of giant killer, early access to decreased healing, moderate self sustain...

I doubt he will see much quick play use, but in drafts he will do well to deter early warrior picks.

And he might actually be a decent partner with cho'gall. He deals with leo and anub'arak well, and picking him means the enemy cant get him.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

Interestingly, he's currently at low popularity, high winrate. So he's either very niche or has a high skill cap.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    Interestingly, he's currently at low popularity, high winrate. So he's either very niche or has a high skill cap.
    Well, I had one ranked game with one on my team and was pleasantly surprised when the enemy drafted two warriors and an Azmodan into first pick Malthael. Early game was going fine for us too.

Then I was less pleasantly surprised when our Malthael played incredibly cocky, moved way too far ahead of the team into a very control heavy team that included an ETC and a Diablo while we were behind in levels, and I want to complain about his build choices but that feels in poor taste.

I will go with niche and people not knowing how to play against him yet. I myself got too close to one in a game last night.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    People just don't know how to handle him yet. Most people are:

"Curious little grey flame on me, this doesn't hurt that much."

"It should be gone soon."

"Why is my flesh still melting from my bones?!"

"GET HIM OFF OF ME!"
    Last edited by Spore; 2017-06-15 at 03:52 AM.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyone have advice for recording HotS? My attempts have been... well. Weirdly choppy. Not the game, but the video. It records as much more choppy than it plays.
    Could the issue be due to a lack of a framerate cap?
    I'm using OBS if it matters.
    Meow(Steam page)

18. - Top - End - #738
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    People just don't know how to handle him yet. Most people are:

"Curious little grey flame on me, this doesn't hurt that much."

"It should be gone soon."

"Why is my flesh still melting from my bones?!"

"GET HIM OFF OF ME!"
    Uh, so Carbot pretty much sums up my experience:

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #739
    Troll in the Playground

So, yesterday night I came home to randomly catch the final game of the finals of the big tournament that's been going on this weekend.

I will say that the one game i got was not really very good (won't spoil, but it was kinda decided on draft), but the massive viewership and the hype were certainly there. I'll catch the rest of the finals if I get the time.

I did remember watching another game that was really really cool. Towers of Doom, one team is ahead in core health but is down in levels, 20 to 17.

They managed to hold on, soak, concede objectives, and trade keeps until they got 20. Then, having only 1 remaining hp on the core, they swung back, wiped the enemies, and won.
    So yeah. your wrong.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

So, yesterday night I came home to randomly catch the final game of the finals of the big tournament that's been going on this weekend.

I will say that the one game i got was not really very good (won't spoil, but it was kinda decided on draft), but the massive viewership and the hype were certainly there. I'll catch the rest of the finals if I get the time.

I did remember watching another game that was really really cool. Towers of Doom, one team is ahead in core health but is down in levels, 20 to 17.

They managed to hold on, soak, concede objectives, and trade keeps until they got 20. Then, having only 1 remaining hp on the core, they swung back, wiped the enemies, and won.
    I love games like that, both to spectate and to play. Its great seeing somebody get their act together and improve mid game.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

BTW, Blizzard and Twitch are partnering up, and if you scroll down on that announcement, you'll see that it's not just Overwatch getting bonus Prime loot...

22. - Top - End - #742
    Troll in the Playground

Woo! Yay for Prime! I don't own Overwatch, and I'm barely touching Hearthstone lately, but free stuff is always free stuff :D
    So yeah. your wrong.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

So I've been writing a blog for a few weeks now, I'll plug today's post: https://heroeshearth.com/b/chaosos/r...good-is-block/

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

Hah! I found your post on Reddit and kept thinking about the user name, but I just couldn't remember you. Scrolled my friends list, some names at Heroes Lounge.. That's where that name comes from!

Super interesting write up.
    Personally, my gut feeling is to never take block because it feels kind of a minor effect, but numbers don't lie.

I should mention, however, that I don't play any "solo lane" hero, so I don't really see the benefits of the talent.

I do take it on ETC sometimes, because it's really good in some circumstances, and I've taken it on Artanis on maps like Braxis or Mines.

But for someone like Muradin, I'd never ever take it. Hearing that "bling" every time I Q is worth so much more, I'd take it even if the talent did nothing.
    (Related: I stopped playing Tychus when they nerfed the In The Rythm build)
    So yeah. your wrong.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosOS View Post
    So I've been writing a blog for a few weeks now, I'll plug today's post: https://heroeshearth.com/b/chaosos/r...good-is-block/
    Wow, if I'm reading that right... Thrall has a pretty decent attack speed AND the second highest attack damage? Maybe I should play him more. With windfury on top, he seems like he could dish out some amazing damage.
    Meow(Steam page)

26. - Top - End - #746
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Wow, if I'm reading that right... Thrall has a pretty decent attack speed AND the second highest attack damage? Maybe I should play him more. With windfury on top, he seems like he could dish out some amazing damage.
    He is Tier 1 right now too according to nubkeks, Tier 3 according to TenTon and Tier 1 to Tenton QM.

I feel he is a new player trap. He is great when you don't know how to counter him but higher level play requires to build a team around him or else he is dead on a bad engage. She should win any trade however when CC was used.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    He is Tier 1 right now too according to nubkeks, Tier 3 according to TenTon and Tier 1 to Tenton QM.

I feel he is a new player trap. He is great when you don't know how to counter him but higher level play requires to build a team around him or else he is dead on a bad engage. She should win any trade however when CC was used.
    The thing about Thrall is that he is very much reliant on not being focused. If you don't focus him, he will basically never die, and be able to do all sorts of nasty things to you. In the low levels, not being focused is basically a given as long as there are other team mates. At the higher levels though, you really need to build for strong peel and CC to take advantage of him, or he just gets clobbered first thing. He's also a decent duelist, but they took some of that away from him.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

I've started to "redo" the categorizations in game, thoughts? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ettin in the Playground

Sylvanus seems a little more on the "weird" category end(since almost all of her abilities interact with minions and mercenaries), while Murky seems like a good melee damage hero(just a tad squishy).
    Meow(Steam page)

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ettin in the Playground

Honestly, Cho'Gall isn't weird so much as easily countered. But besides that, the duo is really just really a bruiser/mage combo with their health fused into one main tankish package.

Your list definitely needs to add the Siege/Map Control (where Sylv enters along with, admittedly, most mages) and Split Soak/Push classifications which I feel are more integral to the game's meta than splitting Healers and Supports into separate categories. You won't see Abathur, Tassadar, Tyrande and Medivh in many winning comps but you will see a global split soaker in them (Dehaka, Falstad, Abathur, etc).
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing