New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Seven Isles [IC]

As Hildegard introduces herself, Rosalund grins. "A sister in the faith, perfect!" She says, clapping once. "It's been so long, I was expecting you to be a worshiper of the Three. I'll be just a moment with your water - feel free to make yourself comfortable," the woman continues, heading off with a spring in her step. Only a few moments after slipping into the other room she returns, a simple pottery mug in her hands. "What brings you here, then, huntress?" She asks, handing the halfling the mug and settling onto a chair.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

Hildegarde finds herself a chair that's somewhere near where Rosalund will sit, having been somewhat settled by her gracious greeting. "An unfortunate criminal sentence." She answers, gratefully accepting the bowl and taking a drink from it. "I was to fight for the Empire as punishment for heresy, but our vessel was attacked and I was released to help defend it. We ended up crashing on the beach, and the surviving guards were content to let me find my own way, having helped save their lives. I aided a local leader, Philyja and she gave me directions to you."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah, Philrya," Rosamund says with a nod. "It's good to hear that she's still around. So you were banished, then...How long ago did you leave? The last news I have is years old, what has happened on the Isles?"

4. - Top - End - #124

Hidegarde explains the political climate of the Seven Isles as objectively as she can manage, and takes a drink of water when she's finished. "...but I confess that I don't make a habit out of getting involved with it."
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2016-04-08 at 05:03 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Rosalund listens intently, visibly worried as Hildegard describes the ascension of the new king and the Church's cracking down on formerly-tolerated heresy.

"I see. That is quite troubling. Perhaps it's good that so many of us are already settled here - I'm not often in Primarch, but I haven't heard of any problems from there. The future of our faith may lie here, in this new, old land," Rosalund says, nodding slowly. "I take it you're planning on finding your way to one of our settlements, then? Or are you looking to hunt the untamed forests for its dangerous game?"

6. - Top - End - #126

"I haven't quite decided yet." Hildegarde replies, as she looks down at her reflection in the water. "It has been quite clear for some time, that my place is among the Followers. Whatever I do choose will be serving Gaatha in some way, but I need more knowledge of particulars before I can make a choice."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

"So you'll want to meet them first, then?" Rosalund asks, leaning back in her seat. "See what it's like with them, if you feel Gaatha's will directing you to stay?" She asks. "Either way, I imagine you'll want to stay here until tomorrow at least, right?"

8. - Top - End - #128

"That is correct." Hildegarde nods at the woman. "And if you know of somewhere I may stay, then yes, I will."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

"There are a few places, but if you like you can stay here," Rosalund offers. "Upstairs there's a guest bed, and we don't have to worry about a language barrier," she says, shifting to a more upright posture and tugging on her robe again. "I hope I haven't made too bad of a first impression - I was expecting some impatient client."
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2016-04-11 at 11:46 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130

"I would appreciate that every much." Hildegarde smiles at the woman's offer, as she puts down her water and shifts slightly in her seat. She's just thankful that she's not quite so weighed down by heat as Rosamund might be, were she wearing clothes - an utterly boring fact on life as a halfling. "And you've made nothing but a good impression. Is there anything I can do to repay your kindness?"

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, you already have - news of the homeland is a commodity that no amount of gold can get me here," Rosalund replies. "Just being able to speak to someone from home again, and another Follower at that, is quite nice. I will admit, though, that you're unlike most huntresses I've met," she continues, with a slight smile. "Perhaps it's because of your noble birth, or maybe the huntresses of Mica are more...refined."

12. - Top - End - #132

"Is it so strange?" Hildegarde asks, returning the smile. "My mentor would say that being covered with blood is only more of a reason to mind one's manners."
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2016-04-11 at 12:56 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

"It sounds like she was wiser than most," Rosalund says with a chuckle. "The ones I knew tended to be, well...one could say roughly hewn. When they returned from their hunts, their minds were on the comforts of home. A good meal, a full mug and bed warmed by someone they could woo with their stories of dangerous beasts," she explains. "And after a few days at most, they would be off again, Gaatha's whispers pulling them off to hunt again."

14. - Top - End - #134

"I can't say I'm entirely innocent of drifting by." Hildegarde admits. "But then, I'm most at home when I'm away from mine. So perhaps this...diversion will prove more familiar than I expected." The halfling takes another sip of water.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

"If you're at home in the wild, then Primoge may be kind to you," Rosalund says with a nod. "It's quite dangerous, but I've been told it's home to quite a few creatures that are thrilling to hunt," she explains. "The settlements have their own appeal, and your talents are far more likely to be needed there than in a town on the Isles. Quite a few of them are right at the edge of the real wilderness - untamed, uncharted, full of danger just waiting to strike."

16. - Top - End - #136

"As much as I enjoy the hunt, I fear it will take some time before I'm prepare to hunt those beasts - I must study them anew, as I did the ones in Mica." Hildegarde replies, despite the glint in her eyes. "And my priorities are to hunt those deemed necessary by Gaatha, as well as those who threaten settlements such as this. In that order."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, this place is safe - the locals have had time to find the places where no beasts of the dangerous kind tread," Rosalund says. "It's we who have to worry about them. Suitable farmland and a river paint a wonderful picture, and by the time people realize the risks, they've spent three hard years building a home."

18. - Top - End - #138

"Are the locals not willing to offer their aid?" Hildegarde asks, raising a curious eyebrow at the woman. "The man who led me here seemed reasonable enough."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

"We've settled in places where they aren't," Rosalund explains. "And even the locals don't know all of the place, only their own lands. They stick to where they know is safe, but it's not like we can just bring in a few hundred settlers onto their land. Not enough food, or room."

20. - Top - End - #140

"Are you personally involved with organizing settlements?" Hildegarde asks, having noted Rosamund's frequent use of "we".

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Rosalund shakes her head. "No, it's just...well, among the people here, I'm just about the only islander. So I think of us all as one group. No real difference, after all, when you compare it to the tribes and us."

22. - Top - End - #142

Hildegarde nods slowly. "And what is it you do here?"

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I do a number of things. I provide a semblance of familiarity for Islanders who travel through here," Rosalund says, gesturing to the line of bowls as she speaks, "I earn my keep with advice to the local nobility, mostly translating for traders and such, but I also dabble in artifacts, from ruins, or trading some odds and ends. A few odd jobs, here and there..." she pauses, looking over at Hildegarde for a few moments, clearly considering something. "I sometimes offer more than the guest bed, for young women with a certain disposition and the right weight on their belt."

24. - Top - End - #144

"That sounds like quite a comfortable living. Just enough variety to keep things from getting dull, and I'm sure the local nobility value your relatively unique skillset." Hildegarde notes. "Although, I was unaware they had nobility, locally. I was under the impression that it's mostly tribes and scattered settlements."

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, that's true. But the tribes in these settlements are surprisingly cultured - here, and other hill forts tend to have quite a bit of things you wouldn't expect them to have. Nobility, some even royalty, quite a bit of art..." Rosalund explains, clearly somewhat impressed by what she's describing. "They're far from savage."

26. - Top - End - #146

Hildegarde nods, briefly. "I'll take your word for it, until I can see for myself. Do you happen to know the goings on that led to my coming here - the...skirmish that took place on the beach, where I allied with Philyra? Rather, what they were about?"

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah, that. There's a group of other tribes that are pushing into the land held by the ones living here - they're more hostile to the settlers. They have a lot of nasty tendencies; sacrificing people, burning down settlements, that sort of thing. The Caeruli, they're called. The tribes here are more friendly. They like trading, and several of their chiefs are interested in the Isles," Rosalund says. "The Caeruli live further from the settlers, and I've heard that they've always been nastier than the other tribes. Apparently they came from further inland."

28. - Top - End - #148

"Ah. Then I'm glad to have helped." Hildegarde muses out loud. "Do you know Philyra personally?"

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

"I do. She comes by often, and we talk. I guess you could say she's a regular," Rosalund says, smiling as if she's made a joke. "Very brave woman. She was the leader of a smaller tribe, who were displaced by the Caeruli, and now she's leading the defense against them. Used to be a trader, so she knows some of your language. I once convinced her to help me recite an old poem - 'Finding a Home In A New Land'," she explains. "We didn't get that far, though, but she was quite good at the memorization."

30. - Top - End - #150

"I believe she used a line of said poem on me." Hildegarde nods in recognition. "I can't say I expected a former trader to be in such good shape as to lead a warparty."