New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Spring Break of the Damned (IC)

March 6th. The first day of spring break. The weather is warm, but not obnoxiously so, with a bright sun in the sky. The campus of Mays University is much quieter than usual, as many students have gone traveling for spring break. Leo asked you to come to the parking lot behind Edison Hall, the dorm where Leo lives, at 7:00 am. When you get there, you see Leo leaning against his car with a distant look on his face. He's wearing an emerald-colored shirt and faded blue jeans.
    Humanized version of my first avatar made linklele.

Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

Quote Originally Posted by backwaterj View Post
    Love for the d12! Dudeons wins the game!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Spring Break of the Damned (IC)

Having got up an hour eariler than usual so he had time for his morning jog, Leif met with Leo at 7 AM sharp. He had always been taught the virtue of being on time, since being late was a bother not only for himself but for those around him.
    "Good morning Leo." He said with a smile as he walked over to the car. "You ok? You look thoughtful." He added when he saw Leo's expression.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken pull himself out of bed earlier than usual before going about his normal morning ritual of having his headphones plugged in while pacing around the room for a couple of minutes before actually waking up. After a few more songs, he actually grabs his backpack filled with the stuff he bothered to pack the night before and made his way to the parking lot.

"Morning Gents." He greeted the two people present with a wave of hand before pausing to remember to take out the headphones when talking to others. He then noticed Leo's expression. "You ready for this trip bro?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

League playlist - Hey, wanna check out a buncha people be idiots on league?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGirl

The idea of waking up so early on what should be a break for her did not go over well with Sam, but she made sure to get some sleep earlier than she normally did so she's handle being up on time. She was dressed in a red flannel long-sleeve that was unbuttoned, a green shirt underneath and wearing a necklace she always wore. She was in a pair of jeans and sneakers as she made her way to the meeting spot.

She had a cigarette between her lips as usual, but she seemed to be talking to someone that didn't go to their there, a young looking asian girl looking around her late teens wearing a sleeveless hoodie. Well, it was more like the girl was talking while Sam would give a small shrug or short response every now and then. The girl walked off not after Sam made her way towards the others that were assembled.

"Huh... Leo." Sam would nod to him before taking a drag of her cig while eyeing the others. "You got a sister right? So are we taking two cars are something? Cause if we're waiting on more people..."

Spoiler: GM
    Show
    Leo would know that this girl named Jin Wone, was 19, didn't go to their college, and Leo would have first met her while he was walking out onto campus with Sam when the girl aerial-pounced on Sam from a story up. proclaiming how Sam got 'rekt'. She seems to show up occasionally to pester Sam.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Leo jumps a bit as Leif speaks up. He turns to face the Swedish softie, briefly surprised.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking," he answers, "Really looking forward to this."

Leo looks over at Sam, trying to regain composure.

"Yeah, more people wanted to come along than I expected. I may need someone else to drive. Any volunteers?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Heavy footed clumping announced the arrival of Daniel, breathing heavily despite being more than used to running, an obvious air of having just barely woken up to arrive properly on time about him. "Greetings, all." he remarks, coming to a stop. "I am sorry for my presentation. And further sorry I do not have additional immediate transportation to offer. I would be happy to help chip in for gas money, however, if we don't want to wait to leave..."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Leif greeted the others in turn with a friendly smile and a "Morning." The only one he greeted slightly more carefully was Sam. He didn't really know the tall woman, besides that she was one of Leo's closest friends. Leif had always hesitated when he considered getting to know her. She seemed perpetually grumpy, and often fired sarcastic remarks at people, something Leif was not very good at handling. So Leif had always felt a bit nervous around her.

"I'm sorry, but I don't have a car. Plus I haven't driven cars much since getting my license. Just didn't seem necessary when I have my bike and the bus."
    He said with an apologetic shrug. "I did put money aside to pay for part of the gas, though... So I can do that, at least..." He added hurriedly when Daniel mentioned it.
    Last edited by gremlin-pult; 2016-07-31 at 07:59 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

A small rusty ford pinto with 4 seats pulls up beside Leo's vehicle. The driver's door opens and out steps, well the first thing you see is definately feminine cowgirl boots that go knee high, followed by bare skin up to one quarter down from the hips where the beginings of what appears to be "Daisy Dukes", then a tiny belly button, innie, and bare midriff. Next in your viewing pleasure is a tank top that stops only an inch below her breasts. And finally appearing is the face framed by golden blond hair and a girls stetson. There is definately a family resembelence to Leo.

A small shrug of her shoulders towards Leo. "Pa wants me to bring my car home for a tune up. I dont't wanna drive alone."
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Leo nods to the others as they approach, raising a hand in greeting to each of them. He smiles on seeing his sister, the first time you've seen him do so this morning.

"Hey there, sis!" he exclaims, "Looks like we've got our traveling situation worked out. Now we're just waiting on one more person, and then we'll be ready to go."

10. - Top - End - #10

DrowGirl

Sam would have volunteered but she wasn't looking forward to driving a buncha strangers around, given Leo was the only reason she was here. She adjusted the guitar back on her shoulder as she eyed the others again, wondering if Leo was in the habit of collecting tall people, two guys here were almost her size, and a blond man-mountain even taller than her.

She had a feeling that something was bothering Leo, but someone else asked before she could. She thankfully didn't have to volunteer to be the second driver when the pinto rolled up. She raised her brow as she saw what just walked out of the car. She looked from the scantily clad girl to all the guys that were coming along, then at Leo, the girl's brother. She then put out the cigarette and made her way over to the car.

"Right, I'm riding with Southern Comfort here then. Pop the trunk." She said as she walked around to the back of the car to put away her guitar and bag of spare clothes.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright, transport arrangements sorted." Ken nodded after Sam volunteered to ride with Wendy, which was honestly for the best. Its always an awkward feeling when your friend's younger sister is attractive looking, even if you're not interested because she's nearly a decade younger.

"Whelp I'm going to call shotgun." He proclaimed as he moved towards Leo's passenger side. Mainly cause he wanted to get some footage of them the road trip, and he knew footage of the back of people's heads while in the backseat wouldn't make for anything interesting.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

PirateCaptain

Wendy moved over to Sam. "Hi. I'm Wendy. About popin the trunk. It don't work yet. Ya gotta load in from the back seat. Sorry. Also Ya might wanna remove that long sleeve shirt. Even with the windows down it can get up ta 85 degrees inside. I'm hoping Pa is gonna be fixin tha air conditioner for it this time around."

13. - Top - End - #13

RedKnightGirl

Franka had barely caught two hours worth of sleep last night. Saturday and beginning of Spring Break naturally meant late nights at The Desperate, the seedy divebar she was bartending at while selling drugs under the counter.

She was already running late and to top it all off her beat down pick-up had refused to start up this morning. Maybe it was for the best, as she wasn't really in a good condition to drive for hours to home. She could take the wheel later once she had slept a bit.

As Franka approached the meeting point she was just about to finish of the last cigarette of her prostitute's breakfast. She flipped the still smoking butt casually onto the walkway and waved lazily at all the people. Lots of people, more than she anticipated. She knew some of them and she was sure that she had seen each of them at least once or twice in hanging out in The Desperate.

"Morning y'all! I'll ride with anyone who still has the most space in the back. Need to catch up on some sleep."

Franka was clad in a white tank-top with a skull-print, a pair of black, patched up jeans with suspenders hanging lazily off to the sides and a pair of black leather boots. A old gray backpack that had clearly seen better days hung over her right shoulder and held the stuff she'd packed for the weekend.

14. - Top - End - #14

DrowGirl

"Name's Sam, Sam Foss, and alright. Nice to meet you and stuff I guess" she sighed as she opened the back door to stow her stuff away from there. Then she'd remove her long-sleeve shirt as she made her way to the front passenger side door, taking the shotgun seat for the pinto. She's put her shirt over the back of the seat. but didn't get in just yet.

"So how long do you think the drive home will take?"

She blinked at the final arrival, looking at the pink girl with a raised brow, but not as much as when she first saw Wendy, she smirked a bit as it seemed she wasn't the only smoker here. She jerked a thumb at Wendy's pinto.

"Well Noone's taken the backseat in here. So gals riding together then?"
    Last edited by Zerkai; 2016-08-01 at 01:21 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright, that's everyone!" Leo says, "So, we're doing this by gender? 'No purple'? Works for me."

He pauses after hearing Sam's question.

"About... 14 hours. I think that's what my phone mapped it at. That's why I had you all come out here so early."

Leo lifts the trunk of his car, motioning for the three guys to load their stuff in. You see that there's already a mid-sized duffel bag, presumably Leo's, sitting in there. He turns to face the rest of the group, clapping his hands together as though to get everyone's attention.

"Everyone ready to go?" Leo asks.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Very well." Daniel replies, moving to Leo's car and putting his suitcase within. "One of us can cover for you for a bit if you get too tired while driving. And I downloaded a few apps for my phone to make travel less boring if anyone cares for some entertainment on the road..." Daniel was hopeful at making and keeping a decent impression with the others, some of whom he still only new faintly.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

To Leif's relief the matter of who drove with who was settled easily by the others. He ended up in the car with more leg space in the backseat, so he was happy. "Anyone need a hand with their bags?" He asked cheerily as he put his own, deceptively heavy sportsbag in the trunk of Leo's car. It could have weighed less, if for example he had left his dumbbells at home. But he knew that it just wouldn't feel right if he didn't do his daily exercises, even when on vacation.
    "Uhm, also if you're sitting in front, would it be ok if your seat's moved a bit more forward when we drive?" He asked Ken, after noting that with the seats current angle, it would be a very unpleasant drive for someone with his size.
    "Oh, uh, I'm Leif, by the way..." He added, remembering that he hadn't really introduced himself to these people. He knew they where all friends of Leo's and had seen them around before, but that was it. He scratched his head a bit awkwardly, then held out one of his large hands. "I donøt think we've ever been introduced. It's... Kim, right?"

"Uh, I'm ready. Well besides the seat thing."
    Leif added when Leo asked if they were good to go.
    Last edited by gremlin-pult; 2016-08-01 at 02:38 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken carefully places his backpack into the trunk of the car after taking out his camcorder, since he did plan to use it during the ride. "I got some tunes we can listen to if guys care for some music."

He then looked over to Leif. "Um yeah sure, I don't mind. I know how us tall people need leg space." He then took giant's hand. "Its actually Ken, close though. Nice to properly meet ya." He added with a friendly smile before going to adjust the passenger seat to provide adequate leg room for both Leif and himself.

He then hopped into the seat and buckled up. "Aright! Allons-y!" His nerd was showing and he didn't care.
    Last edited by Dragonsage; 2016-08-01 at 03:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

PirateCaptain

"Hey Leo, I need to fill up afore we take off proper. Ya rekon 2000 dollers cover expenses? Or do I need ta withdraw another 2000?"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Leif's happy expression turned to one of stunned, blank confusion when he heard the girl's question about money.
    "Woah..." He said, scratching his chin as he thought about something as crazy as going around with 4000 dollars in cash. "I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention that kinda money in real life except when my dad complained about mortgage and debt... Are you sure it's safe to walk around with that much money?" He asked, glancing around as if expecting a mugger to jump out from nowhere at the mere mention of that much money.
    His impression of Wendy abruptly changed from mild curiosity to quite a bit of respect. She had to be really talented or smart to have that kind of spending money.

21. - Top - End - #21

RedKnightGirl

Franka arched an eyebrow at Leo's comment about "purple", it took her a moment that he wasn't talking about high quality grade weed, but the gender-mixup, or rather lack thereof. At least that made much more sense, Leo never struck her as the type to do any drugs. She was fine with riding in the back of the all-girls car, at least she wouldn't have to turn down any advances of one of the guys. Granted she paled in comparision to Wendy, Leo's sister, who had grown from cute and adorable to cute and sexy since the last time she'd seen her and wasn't shy to show off her charms and appearently her wealth too.

"4k Wendy? What the hell would you need 4k for?", Franka asked as she threw her backpack onto the backseat of the Pinto. She didn't bother putting it in the trunk. She'd use it later as a pillow.

22. - Top - End - #22

PirateCaptain

Wendy glanced over at Leo then looked to the ground. "Leo and Amber's wedding" she mumbled.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken poked his head out of the car upon hearing people talking about having $4k in cash. He raised his brow in confusion while shifting his gaze between people. "Wait...$4 grand?" He starting thinking about the kind of equipment he could buy with that kind of money.

Clearly not hearing Wendy's mumbling from where he was at the moment. "So... this is just a road trip right...we're like not running stuff across state boarders right?" His tone was mostly of a joking manner. "Because while I will try to help you anyway I can, Leo, I think there's a legal limit." Again in a joking tone.
    Last edited by Dragonsage; 2016-08-02 at 07:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Leo arches an eyebrow at Wendy.

"2000 will be more than fine," Leo says, "We'll have to stop for gas a few times, but that covers everything. Just don't-"

Leo pauses after hearing Ken. He pinches the bridge of his nose, mumbling something incoherent.

"No. No we're not. Let's just go."

With that, Leo gets in his car and starts it. He pulls out his phone, tapping it a few times as he maps the route to White Springs. He plugs the phone into his car charger before setting it in the cupholder.

"Starting route to: White Springs, Missouri," a monotone female voice says.

Checking to make sure everyone's seated, Leo fastens his seat belt before pulling out of the parking spot. He drives onto the road, his phone providing a helpful "Turn right onto Goldsboro Avenue," as he does so. He takes a quick look over his shoulder to ensure his sister's pinto is following.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If you want to have any roleplaying occur before I progress the plot, feel free to do so. You've got 14 hours in a car together. Something's bound to happen.

25. - Top - End - #25

DrowGirl

Sam figures there will be some place to stop for food along the way, so there'll be time to introduce themselves and get to know the guys on the trip. She raised a brow at Wendy's whole 'wedding' comment. She gets in the car, waiting for the other girl to get ready before Wendy took off. She's spend most of her time looking out the window, she wasn't going to smoke in the car, though that started to get on her nerves.

"So... what's Leo's hometown sweetheart? Don't know all that much about her."
    She asked about an hour into their drive.

26. - Top - End - #26

RedKnightGirl

Fortunately for her Franka didn't hear Wendy's mumbled comment about a wedding between Leo and Amber, it would've surely lead to unpleasent drama. Instead she flopped onto the backseat of the Pinto and made herself comfortable there, while introducing herself properly to the tall girl that hadn't been blessed with beauty and paled even to Franka.
    "Name's Franka, if ya need something, a cig, a spliff, just ask."

As they drove Franka was usually dozing away half-awake for most of the time. She never was good at sleeping in a car. When Sam asked about Amber, Franka sat up from her half prone position on the backseat and listened in to what Wendy would have to say, keeping her own mouth shut for the moment. She had a tendency to stumble over her own words when talking about Amber sometimes.

27. - Top - End - #27

PirateCaptain

removed for edit see new post
    Last edited by androgial; 2016-08-04 at 11:31 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

After a few minutes into the drive, Ken powers on his camera and starts recording. He first point at the camera at himself. "Yo Ken here on a road trip with pals on the first day of spring break! I will be chronicling our adventures." He then tries to angle the camera to get a view of the pinto behind them. "Ladies are riding in the car behind us, so we'll meet them later. For now though let's meet the other dudes." He then points the camera at each of the guys for an interview-esque introduction.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Leif's first reaction to suddenly being put on the spot was to stare at the camera like a deer caught in headlights. After a moment, however, he coughed nervously and smiled. "Uhm, hi. I'm Leif. I went on this roadtrip because, well, Leo's my friend, and it seemed like he might need someone to support him. Maybe with, I dunno, heavy lifting, or just company, I guess. I liek helping people." He said. After a moment, he added. "Also, I didn't have any plans of my own for the break, and a roadtrip sounded fun. I really only know Leo in this bunch, so it's gonna be tons of fun to get to know them all. er, you all... Uh, Ken I'm not sure how to adress this, should I talk to the camera in a specific way? Don't wanna ruin your video."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

"Naw, don't worry about it." Ken waved his hand in reassurance. "Just be natural. If something something does happen I can fix it in post later."
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show