New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 44: Baby it's cold outside

Miller's Praise- Formerly, the Temple

Vaylith follows.

Outside, a figure approaches Phil. They look to be a beggar, a human male of indeterminate age, with weather beaten, leathery sun-browned skin, bleached white hair, a wispy beard and bright green eyes, wearing a pair of ragged sackcloth trousers, old army boots with duct tape holding them together, a fraying old shirt of unknowable age and, perched atop his head, a black shako riddled with bullet holes. A battered brown satchel hangs from his shoulder. The beggar will try to grab hold of Phil, stare into his eyes, and say: "Remove the demon, yes, yeeees. It brings bad to my Master, yes, yeees. Demon not deceitful, no, noooo. Priests wrong, Phenax not behind the demon, no, noooo. The Deceiver's plots more subtle, yes, yeees. Listen not to the Polis-Dweller's lies, they lie unknowing and not to Phenax's wishes." The beggar's breath smells of mint toothpaste, and his teeth are in fine condition. Once he's said his piece, he lets go, and quickly shambles off, looking back over his shoulder at Phil every few paces. His face differs each time, and he left a small brass key in Phil's pocket, placed whilst he spoke and Phil was distracted.

Miller's Praise- the Store

"It's called a Moon Shard, and I know that Moon Stones are a type of meteorite. Don't be so sure the spacecraft doesn't have what you're seeking." The halfling says. If the GM of the wreck decides to put a Moon Shard in, and if it's me, I will, then they're space-related.

"We've cleared the Tower, and we're planning on resettling it. Could you let the next load of merchants to come through know, please? And, is there anyone who could do with a new home and who doesn't fit in here?" Zither asks, and receives agreement and directions to where the youngsters hang out, since they are the ones most likely to be tempted by an offer of a new home rather than staying here with their parents until a house spawns in or a homeowner dies.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Kirk goes unsurprisingly ignored, but Tina's vulnerability to this woman's forwardness and lack of propriety is very apparent. Normally she's receptive to such modes of personality, even compounds them in her own ruttish way, but around Lydia her blushing blue cheeks and shy smile make her look like a younger girl.

"I did like that bit,"
    Fettina admits, trying not to jump and jive as she's pawed at. In seconds they're moving, Tina walking in that strange, graceful wake Lydia leaves and hustling those fine hips of hers to keep up. "The handsome oaf is Kirk, my girl there is Dena," she informs, poking her hand toward each of them as they presumably approach. Distracted, her eyes flick to that little slip of red, then to Lydia's face. "I have to trade for something that's mine, baby? That just don't seem fair!"
    [The Triple B]

"Just a rum, on the rocks." Kirk says to the barkeep before giving his full attention back to the ladies. "It's a pleasure to meet you. We've already heard so much about you. Or rather, we pried it out of Fettina. It's quite the radio show you put on." Kirk offers his hand. If allowed, he'll kiss her hand. Some old habits die hard when you've been around the block for several decades.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2016-03-17 at 12:10 AM.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Triple B

What was up with Tina and why was this woman having this effect on her? She was 'her' girl now? She was losing her cred already.
    But as she looks back at the barkeeper considering an order an odd sensation hits her. She had been able to feel the snakes that now made up her hair move ever since the curse hit her but they seemed agitated now with so many people around. They slithered around and watched... watched? Yes, for reasons she knew that the serpents were watching the people around her suspiciously and that in a way, she was too. If she focused she could actually see the entire crowd around her at once from what must be the snakes many points of view. She could even see the ceiling and the floor, all at the same time.
    Anyone watching the gorgon will see that her "hair" appears to be staring back, they've stopped hissing and slithering and now just intently watch the party around Dena.

"Eh... an martini, please." She finally says, appearing like she just blanked out for a moment. She turns back to the others only to see Kirk bending down to kiss Lydia's hand. How typical, yet she couldn't even bother to comment on it right now, the sensation of watching the room from dozens points of view at the same time was still occupying her mind. So odd and cool at the same time, this could be useful...

4. - Top - End - #364
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "It's called a Moon Shard, and I know that Moon Stones are a type of meteorite. Don't be so sure the spacecraft doesn't have what you're seeking." The halfling says. If the GM of the wreck decides to put a Moon Shard in, and if it's me, I will, then they're space-related.

"We've cleared the Tower, and we're planning on resettling it. Could you let the next load of merchants to come through know, please? And, is there anyone who could do with a new home and who doesn't fit in here?" Zither asks, and receives agreement and directions to where the youngsters hang out, since they are the ones most likely to be tempted by an offer of a new home rather than staying here with their parents until a house spawns in or a homeowner dies.
    Miller's Praise- the Store

Mirai thinks for a moment, then nods. "Spaceship, moon shard, right." Next destination!"
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2016-03-20 at 01:03 PM.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

[Abhorson's Gate]

The next morning, a soft knock at their door will herald the arrival of Kalya, along with two servants with serving trays. The first tray is heavily laden with cut tropical fruits, the bright rainbow of colors making a neat contrast to the greasier, heavier smells coming from the second platter - fried bananas, eggs, pork belly and shortbread biscuits. The sharper aroma comes from the silver pitcher filled with strong black coffee, which is poured into tiny silver cups placed around a small table in the middle of their suite.

Kalya is dressed in sturdier clothes than yesterday - a thick jacket and trousers that end at the calf, though they're almost more decorated with embroidery and jeweled insets than yesterday's wear - likely reflecting the ceremoniousness of the occasion.
    "Do the pair of you have any last questions before we meet Abhorson?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

[Abhorson's Gate]

Wenomir examines the food curiously when it's brought. After coming to the Nexus, he was at first briefly overwhelmed at the prospect of being able to eat meat every day. Later on he adopted a very strict dietary regimen and stuck to it religiously. Those foods are something new to him.

"Are there any protocols and forms we should observe?" he asks after they're done eating.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Miller's Praise

The mid-grade charges that Phil reflexively formed remain uncast as the suspicious beggar walks away. Phil does not like being touched and tries to follow the beggar. Assuming the beggar does not manage to elude him, he'll ask. Phil tightens his backpack in preparation to run, if necessary. "Tell me what you know about the demon, and Phenax as well. Is he your master?" At the same time he tries to keep an eye on Vaylith.

8. - Top - End - #368

[Burned Down Village]

Smoke rises over the remains of what has once been a draenei village. Corpses are being piled up by under the surveillance of a pit lord holding a great tome as it reads some kind of spell over the slaughtered villagers. Smaller ape-like demons are searching through the rubble of the collapsed spires to find any valuable artifacts. There doesn't appear to have been any survivors, the demons were merciless when they suddenly appeared in the middle of the village, the walls serving no protection whatsoever.

9. - Top - End - #369

[Burnt Village]

A small sort of falconish thing perches on the charcoal stub of a fencepost. Only falconish, because no book could deliver you a species with eyes quite the glowing shade of gold, or with streaks of bristling purple feathers round its eyes that trail back into flaring crests, giving it a stare like a death's mask. No, such a bird simply doesn't exist. Someone went and made up every last gray-and-speckle feather of its wings.

It caws, drawing as little attention as it can. Wouldn't do to make a fuss. Just one more bird croaking into the ashy morning and waiting for its share. Watching.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2016-03-18 at 10:48 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

10. - Top - End - #370

[Burnt Village]

The pit lord cites the passages within the tome, a simple hymn to god begging it to accept these dead souls into it's loving embrace. It was once worshipped by one of the very first species the demons slaughtered and was now only remembered through the demons themselves. Considering the growing size of the body pile, this might take a while. The ape-like workers already set fire to another pile of dead which have already received their final rites. Though these methods would be considered barbaric the demonic creatures act with a strange sense of respect towards their fallen foes.

A woman dressed in a black dress, completely unmarred by the scene around her, emerges from the wide-open village gates. Following her are two pit knights in full armor acting as a kind of guard as she appears to be inspecting the body piles.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    VHAC
    (IT IS okay I understand.)

Mal appeared to be shaking more viciously. A menacing chuckle could be heard. Then the chuckle rose to a blood chilling laugh. A laugh so dark it suggested something, beyond evil. Beyond age. Mal laughed as little chimes Of metal hit the ground around him. For as the bullets hit him His wounds seemed to near instantly heal.

He looks to his new friend Velara fighting with fist and foot against the other one Shane. He watched as he drew closer. The chiming ring of bullets hiting the floor continue to sound. He watched finding their movements a simple mockery of the arts he knew. The arts he worked into his body.

When Mal was upon Shane he twirled, his tail sweeping and his wings catching. Mals moves were not to drop Shane, but to simply throw him off his stance. Enough of an advantage to give Mal an opening to enter the melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    VHAC

Alysha was clearly angry. Rage showed on her face as she used her Keyblade to defend herself from Shane's punches. She's starting to give in to her vampire side, allowing it to increase her speed and power. She may not be able to gain any ground against him at the moment, but she isn't really losing any, either.

I don't care about your combat skills! I don't care about how good you think you are! You tricked us! You tricked me into letting an innocent man die! You will pay for that!

As soon as Alysha gets an opening, she will aim her Keyblade at him and snarl out a single word.

Firaga!

This will send a massive blast of flames right at him.

Meanwhile, Stitch is making sure the other goons are tied up and weaponless.
    VHAC
    Their attacks combined catch him off guard and hurt him greatly, burning half of him, he drops to the ground and says:
    "....Heh, you fools.....I am not the end.....I'm just one agent.....of a greater organization...*cough* kill me and....your declaring war on us as Miss Clawstealer did long ago."
    "....."
    "Whats that? No clever comeback? After all wasn't it because of Sendra that-"
    "NEVER SPEAK THAT NAME!"
    She fires a bullet into his chest and he begins to bleed and cough more
    ".....Fair enough...*cough cough*....Miss Clawstealer....won't bring it up...but the two of you....you do realize that if I die....they will stop ignoring this world? They will take notice....and this Nexus....might be caught in the crossfire. Do you....really want that?"
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

12. - Top - End - #372

[Burnt Village]

The falcon hops and flutters, from fencepost to chimney, shuffling from claw to claw atop the smoldering brickwork tower. Its eyes follow the priest in the black dress. Hoping to see what she's looking for herself, or maybe why they burnt this village at all, if they're so concerned for the dead. Nonsensical creatures.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

VHAC
    Mal just as quick as any gun pulls out his crossbow and shots a bolt aimed right between Shane's eyes. Mal looks down to Shane, before the life leaves his eyes.
    "Then I will fight your organization, and defeat them just like I have to every other foe I ever faced."

Mal then holds Shane up watching and waiting for the life to leave his eyes. Even if his blow was not the one to be the killing strike.
    Last edited by cavalieredraghi; 2016-03-18 at 12:10 PM.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    [Abhorson's Gate]

The next morning, a soft knock at their door will herald the arrival of Kalya, along with two servants with serving trays. The first tray is heavily laden with cut tropical fruits, the bright rainbow of colors making a neat contrast to the greasier, heavier smells coming from the second platter - fried bananas, eggs, pork belly and shortbread biscuits. The sharper aroma comes from the silver pitcher filled with strong black coffee, which is poured into tiny silver cups placed around a small table in the middle of their suite.

Kalya is dressed in sturdier clothes than yesterday - a thick jacket and trousers that end at the calf, though they're almost more decorated with embroidery and jeweled insets than yesterday's wear - likely reflecting the ceremoniousness of the occasion.
    "Do the pair of you have any last questions before we meet Abhorson?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Abhorson's Gate]

Wenomir examines the food curiously when it's brought. After coming to the Nexus, he was at first briefly overwhelmed at the prospect of being able to eat meat every day. Later on he adopted a very strict dietary regimen and stuck to it religiously. Those foods are something new to him.

"Are there any protocols and forms we should observe?" he asks after they're done eating.
    [Abhorson's Gate]

"It used to be that pilgrims to the top of Abhorson's Peak would have to make the entire journey on foot in order to prove your worth, which is a journey of several days. Since the College manages most trips up the mountain nowadays, and you were invited personally, there's a carriage that will take us most of the way. Some people still take the journey on foot, though. At the end you'll only have to climb the Stair that leads to his shrine, which the two of you will do alone. At the top there's a bell that will call him to come speak with you." Says Kalya.

After breakfast is over, the three of them travel will end up traveling by a short carriage ride up the rest of the city causeway that takes them to the Gate. Up close, the Gate is definitely as impressive as any Gate a city is named after should be, with two giant stone doors of solid basalt over 50 meters high and several meters thick, polished and carved with intricate patterns and runic texts. On the other side of the gate the 'carriage' that will take them up the curving path that extends up and around the side of the mountain seems more akin to a rail car in size and shape - a large solid box of gilded ebony wood, with a stair leading into a relatively spacious interior cabin. Lashed to the front is a parade of covered things that are almost definitely not horses - not even the dead horses that pull the regular noble carriages in the city. Though the black cloth covering them presents a roughly horse-shaped outline, they're almost twice as large as any regular horse, and something about the way the cloth drapes to the ground gives off the impression that there might not be anything in the way of legs underneath. Like the covered horses that pull the regular carriages, however, they stand incredibly still. Whatever's under there, they're definitely not alive.

The trip up the mountain is speedy and uneventful. The carriage windows give a pretty nice view of the lush forest that carries on most of the way up the mountain, before giving way to bare basalt as they start to approach the peak. A lunch of millet, vegetable fritters, and seafood curry is served sometime as the carriage hurtles up the causeway, carried on silently by the mysterious not-horses out front. At some point in the early afternoon, they'll come to the end of the causeway. To the west, a large forested valley gives way to the smoldering facade of the other volcano on the island, which gives off a steady column of smoke as a bright orange lava flow sinks lazily from a side vent into the steaming ocean on the other side of the alley. Before them is Abhorson's Step - a narrow staircase carved directly into the basalt rock of the mountainside, which cuts upwards towards the peak, wrapping around the side of the mountain out of sight.
    "Well, from here you're on your own. I hope your talk gives you what you're looking for."

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Kirk goes unsurprisingly ignored, but Tina's vulnerability to this woman's forwardness and lack of propriety is very apparent. Normally she's receptive to such modes of personality, even compounds them in her own ruttish way, but around Lydia her blushing blue cheeks and shy smile make her look like a younger girl.

"I did like that bit,"
    Fettina admits, trying not to jump and jive as she's pawed at. In seconds they're moving, Tina walking in that strange, graceful wake Lydia leaves and hustling those fine hips of hers to keep up. "The handsome oaf is Kirk, my girl there is Dena," she informs, poking her hand toward each of them as they presumably approach. Distracted, her eyes flick to that little slip of red, then to Lydia's face. "I have to trade for something that's mine, baby? That just don't seem fair!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [The Triple B]

"Just a rum, on the rocks." Kirk says to the barkeep before giving his full attention back to the ladies. "It's a pleasure to meet you. We've already heard so much about you. Or rather, we pried it out of Fettina. It's quite the radio show you put on." Kirk offers his hand. If allowed, he'll kiss her hand. Some old habits die hard when you've been around the block for several decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    The Triple B

What was up with Tina and why was this woman having this effect on her? She was 'her' girl now? She was losing her cred already.
    But as she looks back at the barkeeper considering an order an odd sensation hits her. She had been able to feel the snakes that now made up her hair move ever since the curse hit her but they seemed agitated now with so many people around. They slithered around and watched... watched? Yes, for reasons she knew that the serpents were watching the people around her suspiciously and that in a way, she was too. If she focused she could actually see the entire crowd around her at once from what must be the snakes many points of view. She could even see the ceiling and the floor, all at the same time.
    Anyone watching the gorgon will see that her "hair" appears to be staring back, they've stopped hissing and slithering and now just intently watch the party around Dena.

"Eh... an martini, please." She finally says, appearing like she just blanked out for a moment. She turns back to the others only to see Kirk bending down to kiss Lydia's hand. How typical, yet she couldn't even bother to comment on it right now, the sensation of watching the room from dozens points of view at the same time was still occupying her mind. So odd and cool at the same time, this could be useful...
    The Triple B

"Of course it isn't fair, Tina. Where's the fun in that?"
    Lydia teases, sticking her tongue out at the poor woman before giving her two compatriots a small wave. "It is a pleasure to meet you two." She admits before smiling when Kirk kisses her hand. "It's been a while since someone did that for me. I think I could get used to it again." She adds before hopping up onto the bar to sit on it, dragging Tina onto the stool in front of her in the process to give her someone to lean over onto. Kirk and Dena get their drinks quickly as well as the bartender ignores the punk woman sitting on the bar despite her obvious lack of clothing beneath her skirt. She'd have likely been thrown out of any other place by now. "As for the radio, that's something I tend to do in my spare time when I'm not dungeon diving or clubbing. I'm glad you caught my broadcast though and I'm trying to convince Tina that she needs to trade one "wrapper" for another if she wants this one back." She explains as she twirls the red thong on one finger in the air.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

[Abhorson's Gate]

"So do I," Wenomir says. He's been wondering why Abhorson contacted them in the first place, and what sort of insight he has into their situation. He'll find out soon enough. "Thanks for all your help," he adds, nodding solemnly to Kalya. "Are you ready, Cessie?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Orc in the Playground

Miller's Praise- Outside the Temple

"Nothing about the demon, except it's not what you think. No, nooo. Phenax, my Master? Yes, yeees. Must be; I shift and deceive, it is my nature, yes, yeees. Not talk here. Too open, yes, yeees. Find somewhere else, somewhere hidden. Hidden is good. Phenax is hidden, always hidden. Only Phenax knows where Phenax lairs, and where He be He sees through all deception. Even His own." The shapeshifting beggar darts his eyes around, and, convinced noone is watching, snatches away from Phil and pulls out a key. With the key, he thrusts it into the air before him, the key's head disappearing, and turns. A patch of the air seems to... Swing out, in front of him; as though all that was visible where the new door is, was painted on and not a true, three-dimensional view. Beyond, it is too dark to see details, and after passing through the shapeshifter shuts the 'door' behind him. It returns to its previous state of nonexistence, the image printed upon the door returning to background, and Phil shouldn't be able to find it.

Vaylith was fascinated by his door-in-air trick.

Miller's Praise- The Store

"So, I'd like to go to the youth club, Mirai. It's where I can find people who want to move to the Tower, providing more defences and bringing new skills and abilities. Want to come?" Zither smiles at her friend, loading her new bag.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

18. - Top - End - #378

[Abhorson's Gate]

The sorceress stretches, that had been too much sitting for her. She needed a good walk now. "I believe I am. Let's just not take up too much of his time." Not that Cessie was sure giant dragons sitting on mountain tops were doing all day anyway. Did dragons mediate?

[Burnt Village]

The priestess (or whatever she is) just seem to be inspecting the proceedings. Suddenly she spreads her arms outwards and beings a little speech. "Now their souls will be guided back to where they belong. Free from their flesh prisons and into a far better place. We have done good today, even if it wasn't the battle I promised you."

The demons around her just nod silently in agreement. "However, you shall all be given a taste of true battle soon enough, a new dawn is upon us and we shall be its heralds. Those with lesser visions will all be swept away before this new coming, this triumph of will and spirit over decadency and flesh..."

She goes on like that while the rest of the corpses are burned.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

[Abhorson's Gate]

It's a long stair. Certainly many minutes of walking, with the mountain to one side and the yawning chasm on the other. Eventually, however, the pair of them will reach a large hole into the side of the volcano, granting access to a platform looking directly into the bowl-shaped caldera of the volcano.

Inside the caldera is a rainwater lake, and another platform close to the one Wenomir and Cessie are standing on. The second platform is much larger, placed slightly lower, with a formerly polished flat surface marred by countless giant gouges scraped directly out of the rock. On the inside edge of the caldera they'll see six niches carved into the wall of the caldera, sheltering massive statues of ancient necromancers. Though centuries of weathering have scrubbed away the finer details of their elaborate robes and hoods, it's seemingly left untouched their lined, somber faces, which look solemnly into the center of the volcano. Their hands are held cupped upside down over their chests, from which hang massive tarnished and soot-encrusted silver bells of increasing size.

Over their own platform looms the bust of a seventh figure, with her own bell hanging down some distance over the entrance they just walked through, dangling clapper clearly visible in the dark yawning mouth of the bell. To the side of the platform is a large ebony handle attached to a rope, which leads up into what looks like it used to be an arm of the statue, though the plaster of the arm has fallen away from the more solid rock of the rest of the bust, revealing the ancient pulley mechanism it must have once concealed.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2016-03-19 at 10:27 AM.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

[Abhorson's Gate]

Wenomir looks around. The size of it all strikes him as somewhat... excessive. How long did it take to carve those statues?

"Well, time to meet Abhorson himself," he says. "Since he's not here, I suspect this bell will call him."

With that, he pulls on the handle.
    Last edited by Morty; 2016-03-19 at 10:27 AM.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

[Abhorson's Peak]

The handle isn't really a huge fan of being pulled, really. The bell is heavy, and the pulley contraption incredibly stubborn, groaning and screeching as Wenomir struggles to get it into motion. It's probably a job more appropriate for two people (especially if they're scrawny necromancers), but with a little bit of effort and the help of his own weight Wenomir will be able to succeed in getting the giant bell swinging with a force that seems to take a life of its own, rocking back and forth with a momentum that quickly overtakes Wenomir's initial effort.

The bell is raucous and harsh, but not particularly loud. The noise, intense as it should be, seems muted, muffled, as if coming through hundreds of feet of water. They can feel it, though - a gripping force that pierces flesh and strikes their bones, infecting them with an icy chill that's very definitely out of place in this tropical heat. Behind them in the valley, they'll be able to see a faint ripple spread across the tops of the trees from the top of their mountain, reaching out across the island to the sister peak, which seems to erupt in a flurry of cinders and smoke. There's a soft rumble, and a bright orange streak of lava erupts from the other volcano, shooting into the sky with a dark trail of smoke. As it soars through the air, it dulls to a cherry red, and then to black, as the smoke falls away to reveal the distinct shape and motion of flapping wings. Dragon wings.

As the dragon approaches, Wenomir and Cessie will be able to begin appreciate the sheer size of the thing, as he begins to loom ever bigger across the sky. Standing up, he would easily tower over a castle tower, casting a huge black shadow that seems almost bright compared to the blackness of his stony scales, the claws as long as lances, and teeth like glittering swords, set in a maw wide enough to swallow a cavalry charge. Abhorson swerves up as he approaches the peak, flipping up over the edge of the caldera and easing his long serpentine form into the mouth of the volcano, landing feet-first on to his platform with a surprisingly graceful step, though his gleaming glasslike talons still end up gouging fresh furrows into the smooth surface of the basalt. Certainly the dramatic entrance you'd expect from a dragon-god.

And yes, he's an impressive sight, even considering his extreme size, with a crown of craggy horns and rows of stony spikes running down the length of his back, obsidian talons, and glowing eyes like pools of fresh magma. Strangely though, up close he seems diminished - even decrepit, his matte hide stretched tightly over a skull-like head, and ribs like spurs of rock seeming to erupt through his skin down his sides, which are shedding a light haze of ash and soot that expands and contracts with each breath. Abhorson extends a wing, opening his claws to reveal a child-sized humanoid figure formed out of volcanic cinders, which makes the leap from Abhorson's wing to Wenomir and Cessie's platform, then scampers out of the caldera, hopping down the stairs with a little trail of ash in its wake. With that done, Abhorson shifts his attention to the two visitors standing on the platform in front of them, fixing them with a thoughtful gaze.

"I am Abhorson." Wenomir and Cessie will hear his voice directly in their heads, conversational and grandfatherly, though with a heavily restrained intensity to it, as if Abhorson is only barely touching their minds in order to make contact. "I am pleased that you accepted my invitation."

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

[Abhorson's Peak]

Wenomir has been around and seen much, but this... is still enough to strike awe into someone as jaded as he is. A certain primal fear a human, even as powerful as he is, will always feel when faced with a primordial creature of such size. Nonetheless, he keeps his posture and bows slightly to Abhorson as he addresses them.

"And it is an honour to be invited," he says, deciding to be formal. It feels like it's appropriate. "Although I am curious to find out why we were called here."

23. - Top - End - #383
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "So, I'd like to go to the youth club, Mirai. It's where I can find people who want to move to the Tower, providing more defences and bringing new skills and abilities. Want to come?" Zither smiles at her friend, loading her new bag.
    Miller's Praise- The Store

Mirai smiles back at Zither as she re-sorts her own inventory. "You don't have to ask, Zi. Lead the way. Then, we can check out the cool spaceship."

Skip, on Mirai's shoulder, leans its head towards Zither and sniffs. It seems to like what he smells.

24. - Top - End - #384

[Burnt Village]

Interesting.

The falcon takes off from his perch, flapping and fluttering over the heads of the lowly demons. Getting there before them. Soon enough, as soon as he's out of sight, the next broken building to be prodded and sifted through will sport a prize - a ring of gold in the shape of a curled dragon, gripping a ruby within its teeth.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2016-03-20 at 02:39 PM.

25. - Top - End - #385

VHAC

After Mal shoots Shane, Alysha will step forward to grab Shane by the neck with one hand. If that works, she'll swing him around and slam him into the wall, staring into his eyes with nothing but hatred on her face.

Let them come. I'll protect the Nexus. I protect worlds. It's what I do. Because, you know what I want? I want you to pay for what you did.

And then she will squeeze his neck until he dies.

Stitch sees this and starts to get very worried about his friend.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

26. - Top - End - #386

[Burnt Village]

The ring get's picked up by what appears to be an imp-like creature. It inspects it for a moment before it attempts to gate it away back into one of the temples store rooms along with everything else they looted.

[Treasury Vault]

The small vault Livret ended up in like an adventurer's dream come true, you got piles of gold, weapons, idols, colorful fabrics, silver, cooper, electrum, paper money and so forth. One might wonder why the demons collect all these things considering they don't really seem to have any use for it. What does demons need with money?
    Either way, there aren't any actual doors to the vault. The demons might just be using teleportation to enter and leave these places. So the question is how he's going to be able to get out now.

[Abhorson's Peak]

Cessie had heard of Abhorson's size of course but nothing could really prepare her for actually seeing him. She had heard of beings of her own world that were of a similar size, the legion's for instance, but she had never actually seen one. The closest thing that came to mind was that huge corpse-walker those whispering-worm cultists had made.
    She manages to keep her face neutral however and just nod politely at the dragon, hiding the fact she was making a culp sound under her breath. Creatures of that size were simply scary, no matter what they were.

"Yes, a true honor..." She ensures the dragon. "I'm am surprised you've even heard about us out here however. There haven't been an true apocalypse in a while."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-03-20 at 06:07 PM.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

VHAS

Mal sees this and attempts to stop Alysha. He reaches for her arm, he jumps and flaps his wings to stay there. curse being 2 ft tall.
    "Alysha, enough to kill and to be malicious there is a difference."

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Travelling Fox and Cat Show

In a direction that becomes more and more apparant that the goal is Good League of Good.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2016-03-21 at 02:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Miller's Praise

Phil is wary about the door in the air, though it disappears before he has a chance to do anything with it. Does he still have the key that the strange beggar stuck in his pocket? It smells like a trap to him, and he'd rather find Mirai and Zither first before diving into pocket dimensions. He calls Vaylith to hurry along to the store. "Let's get mommy and see if we can make a disappearing door too, okay?" says Phil.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Barbarian in the Playground

Traveling Fox and Cat Show

Callie has not slept in two days and hasn't had a full meal in twice that length of time. She's pumped up on adrenaline and sees a thousand different ways she could possibly be killed in the first few minutes of their travel. That keeps her going, concealing her machine pistol underneath her oversized jacket and following close behind Reinholdt, while they're still in the city. But shortly after they make it Outside, before they've walked enough for the foxgirl to realize where they're heading and presumably criticize the dumb cat's definition of "safe", she passes out. It's more like falling asleep on her feet and tripping into Rein's back than collapsing abruptly enough to split open her head on the ground, at least.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid