New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Foxside: The Temple of Inari 54 - Ten Years of Foxes

[Unimproved Lot]

Jian comes back down with a whump and plants a paw on his back: barking a few times, snapping her teeth and standing over him with her tails flicking... but Genji will notice said paw is trembling just a bit, and her scent is stronger. She quiets down quickly

Uh... sorry about that... it's uh... are you ok? I didn't bite you, did I?

And now the thought I'd suggest? "My turn"

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Unimproved Lot]

Jian comes back down with a whump and plants a paw on his back: barking a few times, snapping her teeth and standing over him with her tails flicking... but Genji will notice said paw is trembling just a bit, and her scent is stronger. She quiets down quickly

Uh... sorry about that... it's uh... are you ok? I didn't bite you, did I?

And now the thought I'd suggest? "My turn"
    Uhh... yeah... Genji tried to feign being dazed, before surging up out of the crouch and hoping to catch her off guard, all traces of the whine gone as his eyes shone with excitement at being able to cut loose and just goof around after testing for half the day. He would make a solid attempt to try and roll around on the 'forest' floor, play-wrestling with the vixen despite the size disadvantage he was at, huffing slightly at the sudden exertion, and the way his heart was pounding in his chest.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

Caroline grins, then starts a bit as people change and music plays - she hasn't been to Carousel Court and isn't used to such things. She regains her composure quickly though, and looks up at the audience.

Ladies and gentlemen: it is my pleasure to introduce to you for the first time,

Mrs. and Mister Geneva Fischer!

[Unimproved Lot]

Genji uses counter-tackle! It is super effective!

yip!

Jian is tumbled right off of Genji and onto her back. And the play-wrestling is on! Jian is fairly strong, and clearly has had experience wrestling with siblings and cousins... but she's also gone soft from a fairly lazy academic life of late. Combined with not really wanting to hurt Genji, it likely gives the young todd a slight advantage.

She squirms and bats at him with her paws: buffeting his face in a bid to distract him so she can regain the upper hand.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

Caroline grins, then starts a bit as people change and music plays - she hasn't been to Carousel Court and isn't used to such things. She regains her composure quickly though, and looks up at the audience.

Ladies and gentlemen: it is my pleasure to introduce to you for the first time,

Mrs. and Mister Geneva Fischer!

[Unimproved Lot]

Genji uses counter-tackle! It is super effective!

yip!

Jian is tumbled right off of Genji and onto her back. And the play-wrestling is on! Jian is fairly strong, and clearly has had experience wrestling with siblings and cousins... but she's also gone soft from a fairly lazy academic life of late. Combined with not really wanting to hurt Genji, it likely gives the young todd a slight advantage.

She squirms and bats at him with her paws: buffeting his face in a bid to distract him so she can regain the upper hand.
    Genji was a farmer for close on a century before coming here, with all the requisite physical chores that have a tendency to build strength all over the body. While he lacks the technique that Jian has, in raw strength, he's certainly not a wuss. It was fairly evenly matched, all things considered, which was excellent, because it's more fun that way, :D

The todd would yip excitably every time he seemed to be doing well, but would invariably get too cocky and lose the advantage to the older, wiser nogitsune, on a few occasions resorting to dirty tricks such as nipping with his teeth playfully, exceedingly careful not to hurt her. His own scent would seem to magnify as this went on, presumably from the sweat of exerting himself and having fun, :D

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

Okay, back to griffin mode like they planned. Geneva only needed lips for a little while so the kiss would work.

So.

This is it.

They really did it.

Now they just have to... umm... walk down the hall again? What was she supposed to do next? Oh gosh she forgot. What's the next thing on the list? Just smile, Geneva, someone will tell you what to do, right? No, don't poof your feathers out, they'll know that you're getting nervous. Just calm down. Nick will know what has to be done next. Just-

Why is it raining dry rice?

It starts off as a drizzle of dusty rice grains, but in a hurry it picks up to a full-on downpour. A rice monsoon! No doubt this is the clever work of someone very intelligent and cunning and attractive who wants to help make her friend's wedding day something special.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground

Sanctuary

Nick rolls his eyes at her ensuing panic and wraps a wing around her as he leads her down the aisle. Silly Geneva.
    Jace meanwhile, laughs and puts up a wall of force above them so the rice doesn't get in the instruments' bells. It would ruin the sound quality!
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

Caroline blinks as rice starts to fall

Oh, no... not again...

there's a chirp from outside... and another...

Can't have a wedding without a feast, ammIright?

[Unimproved Lot]

Rawr!

And so it continues until both are quiet tired and quite out of breath. Finally, one of Genji's nips is just a bit more forceful than perhaps intended

YIP!

Jian scrambles away from Genji and flops on the ground, panting from the exertion.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

Caroline blinks as rice starts to fall

Oh, no... not again...

there's a chirp from outside... and another...

Can't have a wedding without a feast, ammIright?

[Unimproved Lot]

Rawr!

And so it continues until both are quiet tired and quite out of breath. Finally, one of Genji's nips is just a bit more forceful than perhaps intended

YIP!

Jian scrambles away from Genji and flops on the ground, panting from the exertion.
    The tod is panting, quite tired out from all the fun, but tail waving happily behind him as he curls on the ground, laying on his side. He keeps his distance for now, tongue lolling out slightly as he realizes that he's powerful thirsty, and could definitely go for a drink from a cool, refreshing stream, if such a thing exists nearby, and maybe swim a bit to get the sweat off, since his fur is somewhat matted from it. The smell must be somewhat akin to staring at the sun from a foot away, though not entirely unpleasant. Through all this, he watches Jian, wary for some kind of a trick, and just a bit concerned that he didn't hurt her on accident.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

Geneva follows Nick down the aisle, her panic abating at his touch. "Right... just walk. Then we eat the cake."

Yes.

The cake is next.

Just keep marking things off your mental checklist, Geneva, everything will be fine.

The rice continues to fall, though thankfully it's limited to the sanctuary. The mysterious source is no doubt trying to be a little more responsible this time around.

No killing people with excessive fluff growth.

That would be terrible.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ogre in the Playground

Sanctuary

Indeed, Nick can drag Geneva into the Temple proper to have their reception. With cake. And possibly dancing? They didn't have huge plans for this thing, just a small party with the twenty people who showed up.
    Once they're in it's proper for the rest of the audience to get up and follow suit. Zebes winks at the sky (which is slowly becoming hard to see through all the rice) and they follow.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

As the wedding party files out, Caroline addresses invisible Keiko

Keiko: we will sweep up the rice. Do not send a flock of birds in here!

[Unimproved Lot]

Jian gets back to her feet, having the same thought herself

Ugh... I need something to drink! There's my tea, otherwise we have to go all the way back to the School - it's all dry out here.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

As the wedding party files out, Caroline addresses invisible Keiko

Keiko: we will sweep up the rice. Do not send a flock of birds in here!

[Unimproved Lot]

Jian gets back to her feet, having the same thought herself

Ugh... I need something to drink! There's my tea, otherwise we have to go all the way back to the School - it's all dry out here.
    Genji nodnods, following her scent back to where it lingered on her bag, and bringing it with him back to where she had been, seeing it as the least he could do, given current circumstances. Still in foxshape and somewhat reluctant to let it fall, he placed the bag at her feet, looking proud at having found it all on his own, given the way his tail and fur was all fluffed up, ;p
    Last edited by deleteman900; 2016-08-15 at 02:01 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Pixie in the Playground

[Unimproved Lot]

Jian blurs and shifts to a human form! She has black hair and eyes, and solidly Chinese features, and she's dressed in a simple red-brown outfit that has a somewhat mixed style: part sari, part salwar kameez, part chengosam...

And a fox's ears and tail - it's too much effort to hide them.

Sometimes, it helps to not have fur.

Her skin rapidly glistens with sweat as she extracts the teacups and flask, filling them both with the now barely-warm tea before setting one down in front of little fox-Genji.

Here: drink up and remember being human again.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Unimproved Lot]

Jian blurs and shifts to a human form! She has black hair and eyes, and solidly Chinese features, and she's dressed in a simple red-brown outfit that has a somewhat mixed style: part sari, part salwar kameez, part chengosam...

And a fox's ears and tail - it's too much effort to hide them.

Sometimes, it helps to not have fur.

Her skin rapidly glistens with sweat as she extracts the teacups and flask, filling them both with the now barely-warm tea before setting one down in front of little fox-Genji.

Here: drink up and remember being human again.
    The little fox pants heavily, leaning over to lap at the tea a little bit. It seems to be quite effective at helping him calm down after the excitement of the last half hour or so, and he shifts back to human form, of indeterminate race because DnD humans don't follow the same races as real humans do, though his skin is decidedly more olive in tone from time spent in the sun. His transformation back seems slower than hers does, as if his body is trying to fight the change, wanting to stay in foxshape. He blushes as much as he can at not using the cup properly and picks it up in his hands, nursing it.

Sorry about that, I didn't hurt you, did I? I got a little carried away in the moment and it all sorta got away from me...

His tail swishes in agitation, concerned that he might've taken it a bit too far.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Ruined Temple of Darkness]

With a fairly disorienting lurch, Plum finds herself in a smooth, clean hallway of polished white marble. There is a palpable sense of menace in the air, and the sounds of quite a bit of activity all around.
    Urgh! How uncomfortable. Plum spreads her wings a bit to keep her balance, and takes a step forward into this hallway.
    Okay, she made it to the other side. The obvious thing to do is head back and report that.
    And she would definitely do that if she weren't still looking into her own face, without a mirror in-between. Plum almost doesn't recognize herself. Short-cropped hair, no piercings, scowling like that? Feathered wings, the top button on her shirt collar undone? All unthinkable changes. But it is her.
    "Hi! About to see if you can go through the mirror, right? It works, thank goodness, but we were thinking: two heads are better than one, and fourteen should be better than seven. What if we gathered up all of us from alternate worlds and pooled our efforts in a single universe? Whaddaya say, me?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Titan in the Playground

[Pokecenter]

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    "My daddy is also my mommy," Khannie points out.

Well.

There you go.

That makes perfect sense, right?

Technically speaking, Jace's haunter form was the father and the kangaskhan form was the mother. Because these things are really odd. It's why Khannie knows a few ghost techniques that a kangaskhan would otherwise not have any access to.

"And Zebes told me that it's important to kick reason to the curb and go beyond the impossible. Then he said 'Row row, fight the powah,'"
    Khannie replies. She wrinkles her nose after doing her best to mimic Zebes' voice. "I'm not totally sure what that means."
    "...neither am I," Batu says. His ears droop in utter confusion. "Is Zebes another of your relatives?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Pokecenter]

"...neither am I," Batu says. His ears droop in utter confusion. "Is Zebes another of your relatives?"
    Genji was thoroughly confuzzled as well, but settled for smiling kindly, and producing a small tin of berries he'd been given by one of the kind staff members at the front of the pokecenter, opening it and offering the open container to Khannie.

Would you like a snack? I don't imagine that you eat sushi, though I could be mistaken...~

The acolyte asks, trusting Khannie to not simply snatch the whole tin and eat all the berries, in case she were so inclined.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mirror Temple of Evil Light]

Might as well put the proper title up.

This is a temple to the sun-god of a desert world where light and heat were just not your friends. And it is anything but ruined. Several human acolytes in blazing yellow outfits have already stopped to gawk at Plum.

(( Do you want me to play mirror-Plum for right now? ))

[Unimproved Lot]

Jian drinks her tea and then shakes her head

Nah, I'm fine. Fur does a pretty good job keeping anything from really hurting too much unless you really mean it.

How're you?

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is a temple to the sun-god of a desert world where light and heat were just not your friends. And it is anything but ruined. Several human acolytes in blazing yellow outfits have already stopped to gawk at Plum.

[Unimproved Lot]

Jian drinks her tea and then shakes her head

Nah, I'm fine. Fur does a pretty good job keeping anything from really hurting too much unless you really mean it.

How're you?
    "Thoroughly sweaty and exhausted, but in a good way...~ I'm not sure what came over me, but I think that's the most fun I've had in a good long while, so I must thank you." Genji offers a small smile, starting to believe frowning was somewhat impossible in such company, :D

"Kinda the same feeling as spending all day in the field, and then getting to relax at the end of a long day with a cold beverage of choice, when you know that you've done good work, and earned the pleasure of getting to take it easy for a while, though I suspect that you needed to relax as much, if not more, than I did, heh..." His tail swishes contentedly, perfectly happy in this moment.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Pixie in the Playground

[Unimproved Lot]

Jian giggles

No doubt! You're a scrappy one, and I'm really out of shape.

And that's the best part of being a fox! Wild and free: exciting and sometimes a little scary but oh so intense. Not gonna lie, though: it's not all fun. Getting stuck out in the rain sucks, or not being able to find enough to eat... there's a reason our distant ancestors started hooking up with humans.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Unimproved Lot]

Jian giggles

No doubt! You're a scrappy one, and I'm really out of shape.

And that's the best part of being a fox! Wild and free: exciting and sometimes a little scary but oh so intense. Not gonna lie, though: it's not all fun. Getting stuck out in the rain sucks, or not being able to find enough to eat... there's a reason our distant ancestors started hooking up with humans.
    "Well, yeah, that's a very good point. You kept up with me pretty well, I was on the ropes for the first minute or so trying to figure out how to bend and twist enough to not get twisted into a pretzel by you!" He chuckles, "We could get back to studying the foxfire, or perhaps... you could teach me a bit more about our racial history, and how we came to be more than just foxes?" The grin on his face could best be described as cheesy, though a light blush tinted his cheeks as he metaphorically stuck his neck out.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Pixie in the Playground

[Unimproved Lot]

Jian chuckles

You'll likely find that the foxfire isn't a problem for you anymore: you just needed to get in touch with your vulpine side.

And the other is boring stone-age grade history, really: we're semi-incarnated lesser nature spirits, Kami, who came to the world in eons past and watched over ... well ... nature. We in particular watched over foxes.

Well, when you're a nature spirit, you are affected by the environment and changes to the world around. In our case, Humans and Vulpans came around, which gradually woke us up - our intelligence rose to the point that we became distinct from the animals and we started following our own agenda. But we're still not exactly physical beings: our forms are still kinda fluid, and we can go to the spirit world. That one's still a bit beyond me, honestly, but there's a little dragon guy here at the temple who could probably explain better.

Not to say there aren't folks who still watch over the animals: there are - lots and lots, actually. But quite a few want an easier life... like me! In my case, it was easy 'cause my family is split between Vulpans and Nogitsune, so I went to stay with my uncle.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Unimproved Lot]

Jian chuckles

You'll likely find that the foxfire isn't a problem for you anymore: you just needed to get in touch with your vulpine side.

And the other is boring stone-age grade history, really: we're semi-incarnated lesser nature spirits, Kami, who came to the world in eons past and watched over ... well ... nature. We in particular watched over foxes.

Well, when you're a nature spirit, you are affected by the environment and changes to the world around. In our case, Humans and Vulpans came around, which gradually woke us up - our intelligence rose to the point that we became distinct from the animals and we started following our own agenda. But we're still not exactly physical beings: our forms are still kinda fluid, and we can go to the spirit world. That one's still a bit beyond me, honestly, but there's a little dragon guy here at the temple who could probably explain better.

Not to say there aren't folks who still watch over the animals: there are - lots and lots, actually. But quite a few want an easier life... like me! In my case, it was easy 'cause my family is split between Vulpans and Nogitsune, so I went to stay with my uncle.
    Genji squinched his eyes shut, trying to determine if she was being serious, or having a giggle at his expense. Either way, he nodded patiently, having heard most of this before, if not quite all of it. He sipped at the tea patiently, and when she was finally done explaining, he replied with "Interesting in its own way, I suppose, if not quite what I was asking... Is there anything else that you can think of that I should know, Miss Jian?" he playfully uses a more formal mode of address, since she seems to be firmly in teaching mode, all while looking at his tail where he is indeed able to summon his foxfire ball, reaching out to try and take it in his hands. His scent was still primarily that of playfulness, since he was starting to catch his breath a bit more, and definitely wouldn't mind frolicking some more, though he wouldn't admit it aloud; though there was a distinct undertone of disappointment, mirrored in the limpness of his tail, at having his question taken so literally.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Pixie in the Playground

[Unimproved Lot]

Jian grins

I think that's good for one day. I'm just the TA, it's Katsuo's job to teach.

She stretches contentedly and quite deliberately: knowing full well how she affects the young todd but not actually interested ... just yet.

She concentrates for a moment, and returns to her hybrid form with a little soft sigh

It's certainly cooler without fur, but tiring to hold.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Mirror Temple of Evil Light]

Plum waves to the yellow acolytes.
    "Hello there! Greetings from the temple of darkness."

Her mirror frowns, and folds her arms suspiciously. "Um...I think not? There's plenty to get done in our own world. Perhaps you ought to go back where you came from and worry about that."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Unimproved Lot]

Jian grins

I think that's good for one day. I'm just the TA, it's Katsuo's job to teach.

She stretches contentedly and quite deliberately: knowing full well how she affects the young todd but not actually interested ... just yet.

She concentrates for a moment, and returns to her hybrid form with a little soft sigh

It's certainly cooler without fur, but tiring to hold.
    Genji squirms a little, trying not to be too obvious about how he's staring, but the way his pheromones work is definitely working against him, "It almost has to be your vulpan heritage. I think Katrina is full-blooded Vulpan and she's got roughly the same amount of fur, whereas I'm half-human half-kitsune, and the only fur I have is on my ears and tail. Well, and whatever I allow to grow on my face, which usually isn't much, heh..." He tries to use a bit of humor to alleviate the sexual tension she seems so keen on building, knowing full well that she's just being a tease by this point.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Pixie in the Playground

[Unimproved Lot]

Jian nods

Must be something like that... anyway, it's been fun: but I've got to go home for dinner. Keep practicing your foxfire and you'll have no trouble with the quiz tomorrow.

She gets up and gathers her flask and cups, packing them back into her bag.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Unimproved Lot]

Jian nods

Must be something like that... anyway, it's been fun: but I've got to go home for dinner. Keep practicing your foxfire and you'll have no trouble with the quiz tomorrow.

She gets up and gathers her flask and cups, packing them back into her bag.
    He nods, figuring it is just about that time of night by now. "It's almost a shame that the sun goes down so soon when you're having fun, but that just means another fun-filled day is coming that much sooner, right? I bid you good evening, Miss Jian, and would like to thank you once again for all of your help this afternoon!~" He stands, taking a moment to help her gather her things and pack them up, before leaving the lot slightly ahead of her to prevent any undue rumors that might tarnish her reputation, if such a thing were possible among the surprisingly open kitsune of the temple.

His first stop was for sure going to be the cafeteria by the priest's quarters to get some food, since he lacked a family of any sort to sit down and have a real, home-cooked meal with, and then to the dorm room to prepare to settle in for the evening, maybe read a book to keep his mind sharp.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Pixie in the Playground

The acolytes blink in surprised

Darkness? Somebody should get the Hierarch...

One does run off promptly, while the others watch suspiciously.

[Acolyte Dorm]

The others are here already. Peng is doing what looks like math homework, little Kartik is already snoring softly, and Kartuk and Lyle are playing some card game or other.

Heya Genji. How'd your day go?

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Dwarf in the Playground

The acolytes blink in surprised

Darkness? Somebody should get the Hierarch...

One does run off promptly, while the others watch suspiciously.

[Acolyte Dorm]

The others are here already. Peng is doing what looks like math homework, little Kartik is already snoring softly, and Kartuk and Lyle are playing some card game or other.

Heya Genji. How'd your day go?
    Genji pulls up a seat next to him, "Not too bad. Tested for nearly endless hours and got okay results. Of course I have to take all the hard classes, but that's not too surprising. Was having trouble figuring out my foxfire at first, but Jian helped me out with it a bit, something about getting in tune with my inner fox or something, and now I appear to be able to do it, as well as take foxshape. Escaped relatively unscathed from her relentless teasing, I could almost be sure that she does it on purpose... Makes me shiver to think of the poor sap who catches her eye someday, since his life will surely become unbearably troublesome from jealous suitors, heh. How come you're not eating with your... dad, is it? She mentioned eating with her uncle, who I can only imagine must be your pops."