New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Foxside: The Temple of Inari 54 - Ten Years of Foxes

[Pokémon Shrine]

Batu looks around shiftily.

"That's good. Because... I think I could use a pet. Could I see if any Pokemon here catch my eye?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Fox World]

"Shooting lasers would be really neat,"
    Khannie muses. She's alright with the idea that it'll mostly just be Nick getting cool things here. Sometimes a quest doesn't have to be about everyone. Sometimes a quest can be just for your friend and you go along because you want to help them. That's what friends do after all, right? They help each other find rare hold items so they can shoot lasers. "Where do we start looking for dewdrops? They won't just look like normal dew drops, will they?"

Because normal dew drops are pretty small.

And more or less ubiquitous.

They just show up in the morning covering everything when it's kind of cold and wet at night.

"How does the shape shifting work, anyway? Do you just have ot imagine something else and then you're that?" Khannie asks curiously.

Not because she would want to be something else.

Of course.

She's already cool and tough.

She just wants to know. Just in case.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmćre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Sanctuary]

There is a warm feeling of approval and appreciation, but no other substantial manifestation at this time.
    Anima smiles, self-satisfied, and heads out the door.

"Have a good morning!"

[Library]

The librarian smiles

Possibly. Could you be a little more specific about the artifact in question?
    Plum nods.

"Of course!"
    "It's from the other side of the mirror, it belonged to the church of that evil sun god-"

She holds up an index card with 'Anatar' printed on it. One has to be careful with names.
    "But it came through here years ago. It was supposed to have been taken to another world and destroyed, but it's been suggested that it slipped away somehow. It probably looks something like-"
    Next she holds up a paper with an artist's conception of the thing. Big carved sun, faceted crystal rod, orange gem clasped in it. Actual size. 'Calicyra' is scrawled over it.
    "-that. It's intelligent, we think made out of one of his top-level people, and tries to control the person holding it. That's pretty much all we know, sadly."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Pixie in the Playground

[Picnic]

Poor Genji... he is treated to a great many giggles at his expense.

Genji... the guards are six-foot-plus tall werefoxes wearing enhanced powered armor. It's not something you just "borrow", and you'd be just a little obvious.

Jian shakes her head

So much drama for so little cause. None of us are underaged, you know: it's called "walk up to the front gate and sign out".

Na gives Jian a "spoilsport" look but Kartik shuffles his feet.

[Fox World]

Kenji grins

Yep! All you have to do is visualize what you want to be and then... want to be it! It's easy.

Then questions

They make it work better: your dragon abilities will be easier to access and work better. They'll take less effort, affect a larger area, and be more powerful.

he smiles at Khannie

Of course not, otherwise we'd all just go lawn-bowling with our pearls early in the morning. Nah, you have to find a place where natural energies have collected just right, and had just the right kind of light shine on them, at just the right season and time of day and there's one kind in each world except for here!

Here in the Fox world there are two we'll be looking for: One will be golden, and somewhat warm as it comes from the time between spring and summer or summer and autumn. The other will be bluish, and rather cool as it comes from the time between autumn and winter or winter and spring.

[Sanctuary]

Mei waves cheerfully

Thank you! Have a pleasant night.

[Library]

The librarian listens patiently.

Ah, something from the previous administration? There should certainly be records about that.

He walks over to an area where the Temple Secretary's notes are stored and starts with some journals near the end of 2007.

It shouldn't be too difficult to narrow down the timeframe...

[Pokémon Shrine]

Delphie shrugs

Certainly... you are free to meet the ones that live here. There's a rather small subset of the available types, to be honest, as we have ended up with mostly foxlike creatures here.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Picnic]

Poor Genji... he is treated to a great many giggles at his expense.

Genji... the guards are six-foot-plus tall werefoxes wearing enhanced powered armor. It's not something you just "borrow", and you'd be just a little obvious.

Jian shakes her head

So much drama for so little cause. None of us are underaged, you know: it's called "walk up to the front gate and sign out".

Na gives Jian a "spoilsport" look but Kartik shuffles his feet.
    His ears fold back from the embarrassment, "I guess if you want to be boring about it, then fine. Sneaking out in the middle of the night could've been fun too..." he slips into a light sulk, though he's actually quite happy that everyone's enjoying themselves so far, and that the lentil disaster was headed off. Speaking of lentils... he looks over at his buddy Kartik, "What's up? You're more than welcome to come too, you know..." he chuckles, "I'm pretty awesome, but If Na and Zhi come along, I might need a few friends on my side too, to even the score a bit...~" he teases, poking his tongue out at Na. "No lentils allowed though. They're great food, agreed, but not the most fun, and the point of getting away from the temple is to have fun~" he tries to be as nice as he can about it, but in the end he doesn't want his ear talked off about lentils either, :D

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Titan in the Playground

[Pokémon Shrine]

"So I've heard." Batu nods. "Are there any birds? I think I'd like to have a bird."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Library]

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric
    The librarian listens patiently.

Ah, something from the previous administration? There should certainly be records about that.

He walks over to an area where the Temple Secretary's notes are stored and starts with some journals near the end of 2007.

It shouldn't be too difficult to narrow down the timeframe...
    Plum flits over to the journals.

"Last time the mirror-world was accessible, it should be."

Is she allowed to look through the secretarial notes herself? She would do that.

[Pokémon Shrine]

Tavlii does keep leaving tiny bird pokemon here. Pidgeys, Spearows, Natus. They're lucky foxes don't eat them.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Pixie in the Playground

[Picnic]

Jian gives Genji a sidelong glance

Really, now? So... we're all going on a group trip with Katrina to her club tomorrow?

Jian is now the center of many an astonished and/or disbelieving stare

[Pokémon Shrine]

Delphie looks thoughtful

I think there are a few birds... remember, foxes eat birds, so this isn't the friendliest place for them...

[Library]

The journals eventually shed the appropriate... light... on the subject

The evil rod Calicyra was taken by Aesa, the Goddess of Changing Fate... and apparently subdued to her will. Except the Nexus split around that time and things became...

complicated.

The notes end with Anna's [Seftsirag's] signing off from the position, resigning in the face of increased tightening of the budget due to drastically reduced attendance.

(( Sigh ))

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Picnic]

Jian gives Genji a sidelong glance

Really, now? So... we're all going on a group trip with Katrina to her club tomorrow?

Jian is now the center of many an astonished and/or disbelieving stare
    Genji is every bit as startled as anyone else present, but finally smirks after recovering from being stunned speechless for a moment, "Why, Miss Jian! I did not expect you of all people to be the one to suggest such a thing... I thought that I'd have to do it...~" he chuckles, not having had occassion to run into the pretty head gardener as of late, as busy as he had been courting Jian every few days or so since tuesday. "What brought this on all of a sudden..?" his ears flatten in a show of innocence~

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Pixie in the Playground

[Picnic]

Jian smirks

Such a beautiful day, out in the open, the lovely gardens...

she winks.

Never assume that you have a vixen figured out, dear... never.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Picnic]

Jian smirks

Such a beautiful day, out in the open, the lovely gardens...

she winks.

Never assume that you have a vixen figured out, dear... never.
    Genji shook his head, "Heh... and here I was kinda starting to enjoy being the one doing the teasing. This side of you is VERY nice too...~" he doesn't seem to mind flirting in front of Kartik and Na, "The weather is quite lovely, I couldn't imagine a more perfect afternoon to spend with such a... lovely group of folks~" the way he says it implies that he means it, but in particular he is slyly complimenting her once more, acknowledging that he is near completely outclassed by her~

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Pixie in the Playground

[Picnic]

Jian grins, enjoying herself most thoroughly. If she cares what the others might think, she surely doesn't show it.

It is quite the handsome and charming afternoon.

Na and Kartik both roll their eyes at this dreadful stretch of a pun. Na is reconsidering whether lentils are really that awful of a subject after all. Kartik, however, excuse himself

Well... it's great to meet you all, but I've got prior engagements to attend to...

And with that, the sandy-tan furred fox starts to make his escape. Jian tilts her head

He's in quite the hurry...

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

Fox World

Nick thinks and then shakes his head.
    "Oooh! I just can't think of what I want to try being! Where are these dew thingies, Kenji? We can start looking." he suggests.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

14. - Top - End - #1304

[Fox World]

"Yeah, I'm pretty happy with what I am already," Khannie says, crossing her little arms and doing her best to look as tough as possible. Of course, given that she's presently a young human girl looking tough really isn't something that she presently excels at. But she's trying!

At least she's trying.

She's also tromping off in a direction she picked more or less at random.

They're not going to find any magical dew stuff just standing around after all.

"C'mon, let's go find Nick his cool new item upgrade! Maybe we'll meet some neat people on the way, too."

Meet and/or punch.

Those red imp things that Kanji was talking about sound pretty punchable.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Picnic]

Jian grins, enjoying herself most thoroughly. If she cares what the others might think, she surely doesn't show it.

It is quite the handsome and charming afternoon.

Na and Kartik both roll their eyes at this dreadful stretch of a pun. Na is reconsidering whether lentils are really that awful of a subject after all. Kartik, however, excuse himself

Well... it's great to meet you all, but I've got prior engagements to attend to...

And with that, the sandy-tan furred fox starts to make his escape. Jian tilts her head

He's in quite the hurry...
    Genji seems nonplussed by this development.

"He didn't even eat, near as I can tell... I'm sure that he'll be alright though. He IS a big boy, and I imagine he can take care of himself, I hope..."

He shrugs apologetically on Kartik's behalf, the movement hiding a slight flare of his nostrils as he scents the air, wondering if that will provide some kind of clue on why he bailed so suddenly. Regardless, he attempts to keep the flow of conversation going.

"Well... shall we take a look at playing some cards, before we lose too many more of our participants?"

Genji asks, trying to steer the conversation away from the flirting for the moment, having noticed how awkward it was making Na feel. He did have the grace to blush as he did so.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Pixie in the Playground

[Picnic]

Jian shrugs. Kartik just smells nervous, embarrassed, and uncomfortable... there doesn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

Na nods, happy for the subject change

Yes, let's!

[Fox World]

Kenji blinks as Khannie stomps away in a random direction

Well... I guess we can try that way first. I need to find some energy channels before I can really start to narrow down where best to go, so ... that direction's as good as any.

He scurries after, looking for the tell-tale glitterings that would indicate the flow of energy in the area.

They head along for a while, and eventually come upon an odd little heap of stones. Since it's been all grass and plants so far, this is particularly notable.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Picnic]

Jian shrugs. Kartik just smells nervous, embarrassed, and uncomfortable... there doesn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

Na nods, happy for the subject change

Yes, let's!
    Genji nods, and within maybe 10 minutes, he has at the least told everybody that once they'd all eaten some food, they were going to try and gather to play some cards, with Lyle dealing the first few hands, and maybe teaching them a new game of some sort... with that task accomplished, he descended upon the food, getting some for himself and Jian as well. He felt that he had a pretty good idea of how much she ate after seeing her eating in the cafeteria that one time, but he could only cross his fingers and hope for the best, nonetheless.

Plates of food in hand, he returned to Jian and Na, ears straining to try and catch anything they might be talking about as he walks up, wondering what it was that vixens talked about when there weren't any todds around~ ;p

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Pixie in the Playground

[Picnic]

Genji has no trouble gathering enthusiasm for the card game

Actually, they are discussing Jian's dress and what she is wearing beneath it to avoid revealing anything she wants to keep hidden. Na points out that it certainly seems to have worked well on Genji, and Jian laughingly points out that it was hardly needed since Genji seemed pretty well smitten already. Na seems to think Genji is quite charming, to which Jian agrees sullenly enough that Na teases that Genji isn't the only one smitten around here...

then they notice Genji's approach and stop.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Picnic]

Genji has no trouble gathering enthusiasm for the card game

Actually, they are discussing Jian's dress and what she is wearing beneath it to avoid revealing anything she wants to keep hidden. Na points out that it certainly seems to have worked well on Genji, and Jian laughingly points out that it was hardly needed since Genji seemed pretty well smitten already. Na seems to think Genji is quite charming, to which Jian agrees sullenly enough that Na teases that Genji isn't the only one smitten around here...

then they notice Genji's approach and stop.
    He smiles genially enough, in a pretty good mood all things considered, and informs them that...

"Card game should be starting soon, though we probably want to eat beforehand, so we can avoid getting Lyle's cards all messy. I hope that you don't mind, Miss Jian, but I took the liberty of getting two plates, which one would you prefer?"

the plates are slightly different in that there are differing portions of each dish on them, due to human (vulpine?) error, though he also carries two bowls of the venison stew he made, subtly hoping that she'll like it.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Pixie in the Playground

[Picnic]

Jian takes the plate with slightly less food, and tastes Genji's stew first.

Wow... that's really good. What is it?

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Picnic]

Jian takes the plate with slightly less food, and tastes Genji's stew first.

Wow... that's really good. What is it?
    Genji beams happily, tail swishing,

"It's a venison stew, fancy word for deer-meat, truth be told, but I thought it'd add a more interesting flavor than boring old beef, and I absolutely couldn't serve anything but the best for such good friends~"

He worries that he might be laying it on just a bit thick, but shrugs it off. Today was a special occasion, live a little, right? With this in mind, he eats his food near-ravenously, having been incredibly hungry as a matter of fact, looking sheepishly over at the 2 vixens he was in the company of currently as he realized what he was doing...

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Pixie in the Playground

[Picnic]

Jian nods with a smile

It is really tasty.

Na also has tried some

It is good, Genji: thank you for sharing it with us.

they both giggle just a little as Genji devours his food

You poor thing... did you forget to eat while making your stew?

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Picnic]

Jian nods with a smile

It is really tasty.

Na also has tried some

It is good, Genji: thank you for sharing it with us.

they both giggle just a little as Genji devours his food

You poor thing... did you forget to eat while making your stew?
    He shakes his head with a smile and an embarrassed chuckle, "When I was growing up, if I tried to eat what my mom was cooking before dinner, I would always get in trouble, so I guess it must've stuck with me. I didn't want to eat any before I was here, so that I could eat it with all of you, and share in the experience of tasting it for the first time~ Your mother's cooking is really good as well, Na, did she cook it alone...? If your cultural dishes are this good, I might have to start begging Peng to cook me dinner every night~" he chuckles some more, the idea utterly ridiculous, but hoping the joke would get a laugh out of the vixens as well.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Pixie in the Playground

[Picnic]

The vixens to indeed laugh good-naturedly at Genji's joke

Yeah, my Mom always cooks like this... except for special occasions, when it's better.

Jian nods her agreement

Awww. Getting over-hungry really doesn't help, you know.

And my Aunt is a really good cook. Peng's a silly to always want cafeteria food... guess he just takes it for granted.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Picnic]

The vixens to indeed laugh good-naturedly at Genji's joke

Yeah, my Mom always cooks like this... except for special occasions, when it's better.

Jian nods her agreement

Awww. Getting over-hungry really doesn't help, you know.

And my Aunt is a really good cook. Peng's a silly to always want cafeteria food... guess he just takes it for granted.
    Genji snickers, "You don't need to tell me that. If I had food like this, and such lovely vixens to eat it with, I'd somehow manage to 'forget' where the cafeteria even is...~" he looks meaningfully at Jian, and even a little at Na, "Though I would hope that at the least, I'd get to cook once in a while too, heh~"

He politely averts his eyes when he notices that Jian is still eating, thinking it rude to stare, ;p "Good food or no, I enjoy getting to flex my culinary muscles on occasion, since it's such a fulfilling experience to do so for folks you care about~" his tail swishes as he eats some more of his stew, quite happy to finally eat something~

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

Fox World

Oh hey, rocks.
    Nick looks around. There's nothing else around! That means-
    "These rocks are weird." he declares. Then he pokes the rock pile, and tries to push one of them over. Messing stuff up is what his friend Khannie would tell him to do. Well, she'd tell him to break it but that seems a little bit extreme.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

27. - Top - End - #1317

[Fox World]

"For being called fox world there aren't many foxes here," Khannie points out as she eyes the little heap of rocks. Is it just a rocky patch?

Or has someone been stacking them?

Maybe a marker of some kind?

OH!

Maybe there's treasure under it!

She goes hopping over and begins shoving rocks aside to see if there's anything under them.

Who knows what they might be hiding!

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Fox World]

"For being called fox world there aren't many foxes here," Khannie points out as she eyes the little heap of rocks. Is it just a rocky patch?

Or has someone been stacking them?

Maybe a marker of some kind?

OH!

Maybe there's treasure under it!

She goes hopping over and begins shoving rocks aside to see if there's anything under them.

Who knows what they might be hiding!
    (If it is a marker for buried goodies, some-fox is going to be QUITE upset, ;p What if that was food they'd stashed for winter? Do you like killing baby foxes because their parents can't feed them? XD)

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Pixie in the Playground

[Picnic]

Both vixens simper a bit, then Jian tosses a brief glare at Na who folds her ears submissively. Jian then stands just a tiny bit taller.

So... what card game did you have in mind?

[Fox World]

Kenji sighs

Kids being all literal and stuff.

Oh, hold on: you probably shouldn't...

But they do disturb the rock pile, and the aforementioned red imp hops out: short and stout and ugly, wielding a huge mallet.

Disturb my stones? I'll break your bones!

And he aims a vicious swing at Khannie, moving the mallet far larger than it has any right to be going.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Picnic]

Both vixens simper a bit, then Jian tosses a brief glare at Na who folds her ears submissively. Jian then stands just a tiny bit taller.

So... what card game did you have in mind?

[Fox World]

Kenji sighs

Kids being all literal and stuff.

Oh, hold on: you probably shouldn't...

But they do disturb the rock pile, and the aforementioned red imp hops out: short and stout and ugly, wielding a huge mallet.

Disturb my stones? I'll break your bones!

And he aims a vicious swing at Khannie, moving the mallet far larger than it has any right to be going.
    Genji snickers and offers an arm to each of them, feigning that he hadn't noticed what had just transpired. "I believe he said something... 'strip poker', not sure what that is, exactly~" he shrugs innocently, "Have either of you played before?"