New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [WinterHearth]

That's a very nice wall of ice. But this place really didn't need to be any colder. Plum is shivering again and has little faculty to do anything but nod and hope it's warmer inside.

Once they're past the gate she manages a "thank you" to the acolyte.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Foxside: The Temple of Inari 54 - Ten Years of Foxes

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Mirror Temple of Inari]

mirror-Peng grabs the helpless Jian up by the scruff of her neck and holds her in the air

Cool it, Genji: or things'll be the worse for Jian.

The other three look like they're ready to tear Genji apart for the burns they took while biting at him. mirror-Jian chuckles

Oh, no, Genji: do keep fighting. If you enjoyed my previous spell, then you'll just love the next one!

And Peng, quit with the threats and take her to the others already: hostages are always a lame idea.

mirror-Peng glares at her, but nods sullenly and begins to head to the nearest ruined building carrying the limp fox-form of Jian.
    Genji growls darkly and glares daggers at the twisted vixen who had cast such cruel magic, "What do you want, wench? What is your game here?!" He snarled if any of the hell hounds got too close, though he was mindful of the threat to Jian's safety, so he ceased attempting to fight them. "You'll not get away with this, Inari's wisdom will guide me and you WILL fail."

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Pixie in the Playground

[WinterHearth]

The acolyte looks at Plum with a smile

Don't mention ... it ...

Oh dear... you're shivering. Don't you have a Ring of Warmth? Hold on...

he fishes in his pockets

Pretty sure I have an extra... everybody wears those, here...

[Mirror Temple of Inari]

Jian smirks even as Peng vanishes into the building

Oooh: I'm soOOoooOOOooo scared. The wisdom of sneaky mouse-eaters and mud-grubbing rice farmers will surely spell my doom!

See, our Inari isn't impressed much with a bit of "devotion". But when you get her attention... let's just say the rewards are a touch more impressive than the ability to conjure up a trendy lunch.

Now you're probably thinking I'm going to sacrifice you, and that would be a possibility except you all suck and wouldn't get me much for the amount of trouble I've gone through. Seriously... how can you all be so far behind? But enough of this - I don't need to stick around until someone who is a reasonable challenge shows up - that's not the point. Are you coming quietly, or do I have to get rough?

The hell-hounds... back away from Genji...
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-09-20 at 02:23 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Dwarf in the Playground

[WinterHearth]

The acolyte looks at Plum with a smile

Don't mention ... it ...

Oh dear... you're shivering. Don't you have a Ring of Warmth? Hold on...

he fishes in his pockets

Pretty sure I have an extra... everybody wears those, here...

[Mirror Temple of Inari]

Jian smirks even as Peng vanishes into the building

Oooh: I'm soOOoooOOOooo scared. The wisdom of sneaky mouse-eaters and mud-grubbing rice farmers will surely spell my doom!

See, our Inari isn't impressed much with a bit of "devotion". But when you get her attention... let's just say the rewards are a touch more impressive than the ability to conjure up a trendy lunch.

Now you're probably thinking I'm going to sacrifice you, and that would be a possibility except you all suck and wouldn't get me much for the amount of trouble I've gone through. Seriously... how can you all be so far behind? But enough of this - I don't need to stick around until someone who is a reasonable challenge shows up - that's not the point. Are you coming quietly, or do I have to get rough?

The hell-hounds... back away from Genji...
    "You didn't answer the question..." he replies succinctly, trying to buy time to think of a plan...

Rather than stick around and wait for an answer he dropped a darkness spell, making everything inside of 30 feet pitch-black, then layering a stinking cloud over it as he dimmed the fire on his tail and ran in the direction Peng had gone as fast as he could, still holding the mirror. The idea being to catch up to Peng, get Jian and go through the mirror once more.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mirror Temple of Inari]

A chorus of disgusted retching comes from Genji's assailants as his distraction proves highly successful (and disrupts mirror-Jian's prepared spell into the bargain): gaining him precious time to charge after mirror-Peng.

The door is open, and Genji charges into what would be the hospital back in the real world. Here... it looks like it used to be a prison. It is in exceedingly poor repair, and is really quite dark inside with only a few smoky torches providing any light (and making more than enough noxious smoke of their own that scent is quite effectively destroyed).

It is very quiet, and Genji doesn't have long before mirror-Jian and company recover and follow.

Then, a loud metallic clang comes from ahead and above: something sizeable and metal being closed.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Mirror Temple of Inari]

A chorus of disgusted retching comes from Genji's assailants as his distraction proves highly successful (and disrupts mirror-Jian's prepared spell into the bargain): gaining him precious time to charge after mirror-Peng.

The door is open, and Genji charges into what would be the hospital back in the real world. Here... it looks like it used to be a prison. It is in exceedingly poor repair, and is really quite dark inside with only a few smoky torches providing any light (and making more than enough noxious smoke of their own that scent is quite effectively destroyed).

It is very quiet, and Genji doesn't have long before mirror-Jian and company recover and follow.

Then, a loud metallic clang comes from ahead and above: something sizeable and metal being closed.
    Genji sets an alarm ward over the front door to let him know when they make it there, and leaves a grease spell just inside the front hallway behind him as he rushes to where he knows the stairs are, already preparing color spray and shocking grasp to discourage Peng from trying to stop him from retreating with Jian in tow.

Genji realizes that Peng is alone with her, and if they were opposites from the real versions of themselves then... Genji ran faster, trying to think less.

7. - Top - End - #1417

Default [WinterHearth]

"Our world is v-very warm."

Plum extends a shivering hand and takes the ring, and if a moment's examination doesn't reveal anything non-warmthy about it, she'll slip it on.

That would be a relief, to stop thinking about the cold.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Pixie in the Playground

[WinterHearth]

It's just a Ring of Warmth... and once it's on Plum no longer feels cold.

Walking through a castle is not the most entertaining thing, so we'll skip that and arrive in Krystal's study. The werefox shadow-diviner and mother of the currently reigning emperor is busy studying a large book and making notes

Your Highness?

she looks up

Hmm?

[Mirror Temple of Inari - Prison]

Up the stairs, ready for a fight: Genji comes face to face with the closed, sturdy metal bar-gate that blocks further progress. Well... that explains the sound. It seems to be the sort that automatically locks itself, as it does not simply open when tugged upon.

On the bright side, the alarm-ward has yet to go off.

Past the gate, there's a key-rattling noise followed by an unpleasant rusty scraping as some other similar metal barrier is opened. Zhi's voice can be faintly heard

Jian?! Let her go you miserable excuse of a creature!

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Dwarf in the Playground

[WinterHearth]

It's just a Ring of Warmth... and once it's on Plum no longer feels cold.

Walking through a castle is not the most entertaining thing, so we'll skip that and arrive in Krystal's study. The werefox shadow-diviner and mother of the currently reigning emperor is busy studying a large book and making notes

Your Highness?

she looks up

Hmm?

Up the stairs, ready for a fight: Genji comes face to face with the closed, sturdy metal bar-gate that blocks further progress. Well... that explains the sound. It seems to be the sort that automatically locks itself, as it does not simply open when tugged upon.

On the bright side, the alarm-ward has yet to go off.

Past the gate, there's a key-rattling noise followed by an unpleasant rusty scraping as some other similar metal barrier is opened. Zhi's voice can be faintly heard

Jian?! Let her go you miserable excuse of a creature!
    Genji doesn't have time to think, and simply bites the gate, ripping it out of the wall with a sharp yank of his head, magical, enchanted canines proving more durable. He flinched slightly at the squeal of bending metal, figuring speed is more important than stealth at this point.

"Peng! Face me!" He roared, slightly muffled by the metal bar in his mouth, before he rips a length of the iron free, and wields it as a club before moving towards the voices.

10. - Top - End - #1420

Default [WinterHearth]

"Much better."

Some people like to have their castles shown off with long descriptions. But Krystal seems not to.

Arriving in the study, Plum curtsies very neatly.
    "Your highness? I am Atorre Plum, from the Town through the portal in the temple of Inari. It's complicated, but our librarian you might have some leads for us on tracking down an evil artifact from the mirror ways before it causes too much trouble. It was last in Aesa's hands, that we've heard."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Pixie in the Playground

[WinterHearth]

Krystal tilts her head, a look of complete shock on her face

[color=purple]The portal works again!?!

And Aesa?! I haven't heard from her in ages! Mirror artifact, though... um... there were a few things we picked up... any chance you could be just a little more specific?[/B]

(( Just a tiny bit god-mod-y there... but I've been railroading you pretty hard, so we'll go with that. ))

Just in case Genji didn't have enough adrenaline flowing yet, his alarm goes off. Sadly, we aren't there to witness what is surely a comic scene of epic proportions as Jian and the others slip on the grease and fall into a graceless and uncomfortable heap.

Genji charges down the hall and turns into the cell block, running swiftly down the aisle to where Jian, Kartuk, and Zhi are all in separate, locked cells. mirror-Peng is nowhere to be seen, and Zhi has the presence of mind to warn Genji

He went invisible, and his scent went with him: be careful!

So there's a lurking mirror-Peng, and the others will be on their way here soon!

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Dwarf in the Playground

[WinterHearth]

Krystal tilts her head, a look of complete shock on her face

[color=purple]The portal works again!?!

And Aesa?! I haven't heard from her in ages! Mirror artifact, though... um... there were a few things we picked up... any chance you could be just a little more specific?[/B]

(( Just a tiny bit god-mod-y there... but I've been railroading you pretty hard, so we'll go with that. ))

Just in case Genji didn't have enough adrenaline flowing yet, his alarm goes off. Sadly, we aren't there to witness what is surely a comic scene of epic proportions as Jian and the others slip on the grease and fall into a graceless and uncomfortable heap.

Genji charges down the hall and turns into the cell block, running swiftly down the aisle to where Jian, Kartuk, and Zhi are all in separate, locked cells. mirror-Peng is nowhere to be seen, and Zhi has the presence of mind to warn Genji

He went invisible, and his scent went with him: be careful!

So there's a lurking mirror-Peng, and the others will be on their way here soon!
    Genji did his best to listen for Peng's footsteps, lashing out with an arcing swing of the metal bar to the right at roughly head-level, summoning his Faerie fire to coat the area with luminescent spores, which would defeat Peng's invisibility.

As he swung, a muscle in his arm twinged, still pained from Jian's spell, and leaving his face twisted on pain. He was also running low on spells, so this needed to be over soon...

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Pixie in the Playground

Genji's swing quite handily intercepts the hung of 2-by-four that mirror-Peng was swinging toward the back of his head: the two heavy objects connecting with a tremendous and painful jolt. He can't hold on to his makeshift bat through the shock and drops it with a stream of sulphurous curses, now outlined in purple dots that he has not yet realized are there: giving Genji a moment to respond even as the hell-hound backs off and goes quiet again.

But Genji will only get one shot, and he's running out of time to get the others out of their cells before Jian & company arrive.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Dwarf in the Playground

Genji's swing quite handily intercepts the hung of 2-by-four that mirror-Peng was swinging toward the back of his head: the two heavy objects connecting with a tremendous and painful jolt. He can't hold on to his makeshift bat through the shock and drops it with a stream of sulphurous curses, now outlined in purple dots that he has not yet realized are there: giving Genji a moment to respond even as the hell-hound backs off and goes quiet again.

But Genji will only get one shot, and he's running out of time to get the others out of their cells before Jian & company arrive.
    "Jian, I need you to shapeshift if you can, I'm going to try to get Zhi and Kartuk out!" He directs her, casting Enlarge Person on himself, growing in size to be tall enough to have to stoop to stand in the room before attempting to bodily rip the cell doors free from their hinges one after another, hoping to help the trapped foxes get out. He prioritizes Kartuk, figuring him to be in the best shape, then Zhi, and finally Jian if she can't shapeshift for some reason. He does keep an eye on where Peng is, lashing his tail out seemingly randomly if he gets too close and threatening to burn the hell-hound again.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Pixie in the Playground

Genji has no trouble freeing Kartuk and Zhi, but by the time Genji gets to her cell, Jian has managed to wiggle around in fox form and get out herself.

What next?

A sizeable rock comes Genji's way from the not-quite-invisible mirror-Peng: certain to be little more than an annoyance (until the enlarge wears off, anyway... that bruise is going to suck later)
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-09-20 at 09:11 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Dwarf in the Playground

By the time Genji gets to her cell, Jian has managed to wiggle around in fox form and get out herself.

What next?

A sizeable rock comes Genji's way from the not-quite-invisible mirror-Peng: certain to be little more than an annoyance (until the enlarge wears off, anyway... that bruise is going to suck later)
    Genji cast True Strike and turned to look directly at Peng, before roaring in bestial rage. He hauls back with the bat and swings as hard as he can, trusting the magic to guide his strike true. "Now! We go home!" He lashed out with a kick as well, targeting one of Peng's kneecaps. Regardless of success he would extend the bar in front of him, "Grab the bar, we're leaving!" He directs, hoping he can port all of them at the same time.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Pixie in the Playground

mirror-Peng is mashed to the side, though Genji's second attack connects with nothing. Everyone grabs on and his spell is quite successful...

sort of...

[Mirror Temple of Inari - Priest's Quarters]

What's left of the mirror version of Genji's acolyte room is deeply coated in dust and debris: rat droppings, bits of wood and even the odd mushroom here and there.

First off... dude: I had no idea you could teleport. Second off... I'm pretty sure we're not on the material plane anymore, so unless you've got some serious plane-shifting, I don't think that's going to work.

Jian glowers

That stupid twit caught us with Zhi's little compact... was that a trap?

Zhi shakes her head

No way! I've had that forever! It's not even from the Nexus - I brought it here... there... from home.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-09-20 at 09:23 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1428

Default [WinterHearth]

Plum nods.

"Yes, that and the mirror-ways. A portal expert came and looked at this one and opened it pretty easily."

As it happens, she's brought along the sketch with the name for just this reason, and starts to unroll that as she launches into an explanation of what they know about Calicyra.

"Does that sound familiar?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Dwarf in the Playground

mirror-Peng is mashed to the side, though Genji's second attack connects with nothing. Everyone grabs on and his spell is quite successful...

sort of...

What's left of the mirror version of Genji's acolyte room is deeply coated in dust and debris: rat droppings, bits of wood and even the odd mushroom here and there.

First off... dude: I had no idea you could teleport. Second off... I'm pretty sure we're not on the material plane anymore, so unless you've got some serious plane-shifting, I don't think that's going to work.

Jian glowers

That stupid twit caught us with Zhi's little compact... was that a trap?

Zhi shakes her head

No way! I've had that forever! It's not even from the Nexus - I brought it here... there... from home.
    "Well, we're safe for now, let me set up some wards. I'm just about out of juice for this whole spell business getting us away for as long as we have. I might be able to manage a pocket dimension we can rest in, but I haven't learned the spell 100 percent. As far as teleporting us? I... don't even know. I'm just SO glad that you guys are safe-ish!" He exclaims, before turning to Jian and nuzzling his foxshape nose into her side, trying to comfort her and, on some level that he'd never admit to, wanting that small amount of comfort as well. He quietly murmurs to her, "I was almost sure that I lost you... You seemed to know what was going on here, can you tell me a little bit about it? You might know something that can help with getting out of here..." He curled up beside her, tip of his tail touching hers as he tries to rest. If he's lucky, he'll be able to recover his magic before they have to move again...

With a groan of effort, he barely manages to squeak out all of his remaining arcane energy to cast a Rope Trick, using a length of rope he found discarded in the rubbish in the corner as the focus of the spelll. It wavered slightly, but lifted up into the air, a 3'X5' window appearing horizontal at the top of the hanging rope, like the trapdoor of a treehouse. "Get inside, I should be able to hold it for a while, at least long enough to lick our wounds, come up with a plan, and then move out, Kartuk, help Zhi up if she needs it." he directs, trying to get everyone to safety in the pocket dimension before they're discovered.
    Last edited by deleteman900; 2016-09-21 at 02:33 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Pixie in the Playground

[WinterHearth]

Krystal now looks troubled, and her ears fold

Oh, frell... The mirrors are back open? That's not good at all.

Then she looks at the drawing

Oh... that one. That was buried in the ruins under the Temple back in Town... I hadn't made the connection that it was from the mirror-world. Makes sense, though.

He's one of those intelligent artifact-grade things: tries to take over whoever touches it... Snarky jerk, too. Aesa tamed him, though - not much could stand up to her. She always enjoyed collecting things that were too dangerous for other people to even be in the near vicinity of.

After everybody's safely inside, Jian shrugs

I've read enough fantasy novels. Scary other-dimension dopplegangers try to catch the main characters for obviously nefarious ends... kinda cliché, really. Other-me sure likes to spout the lines, but I can't fault her magical abilities.

She smirks

Now, of course, we're stuck until we solve whatever cross-dimensional mystery is the real reason we're here.

Kartuk rolls his eyes

Or we figure out what trick they used and reverse it. I think for a start, Genji ought to rest up enough to be able to use some Divination to find out where we actually are.

Zhi smiles

Agreed. Sorry to put it all on your shoulders... but we aren't all blessed to be dual-classed like you, Genji.

Jian shrugs

Some of us aren't "classed" at all, thanks: I'm studying Math. So unless they have a debilitating fear of worksheets, I don't think I'm going to be contributing anything other than perhaps a bit of genre-savy.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Dwarf in the Playground

[WinterHearth]

Oh... that one. That was buried in the ruins under the Temple back in Town... I hadn't made the connection that it was from the mirror-world. Makes sense, though.

He's one of those intelligent artifact-grade things: tries to take over whoever touches it... Snarky jerk, too. Aesa tamed him, though - not much could stand up to her. She always enjoyed collecting things that were too dangerous for other people to even be in the near vicinity of.

After everybody's safely inside, Jian shrugs

I've read enough fantasy novels. Scary other-dimension dopplegangers try to catch the main characters for obviously nefarious ends... kinda cliché, really. Other-me sure likes to spout the lines, but I can't fault her magical abilities.

She smirks

Now, of course, we're stuck until we solve whatever cross-dimensional mystery is the real reason we're here.

Kartuk rolls his eyes

Or we figure out what trick they used and reverse it. I think for a start, Genji ought to rest up enough to be able to use some Divination to find out where we actually are.

Zhi smiles

Agreed. Sorry to put it all on your shoulders... but we aren't all blessed to be dual-classed like you, Genji.

Jian shrugs

Some of us aren't "classed" at all, thanks: I'm studying Math. So unless they have a debilitating fear of worksheets, I don't think I'm going to be contributing anything other than perhaps a bit of genre-savy.
    Genji smirked before shaking his head very slightly, "That is useful in it's own way, Jian. It'l take me at least 4 hours to recover my spells, I should be able to hold this shelter for 5 hours... I'm not even sure where we should begin with trying to get out of here though. If you guys have any ideas, feel free. I'll admit that I'm a bit worried about running into Other-Genji, since he'll probably know most or all of my tricks. If we do run into him, you guys might have to take him on for me..." Most of this was delivered while he was nuzzled possessively up against Jian's side, as if afraid she'd be fox-napped again if he wasn't vigilant enough.

"If you're feeling up to it, Kartuk and Zhi, do you think you could scavenge some food? I don't know if those things even eat, but I'm hoping they do, because I didn't bring anything. I suppose it's at least good that we ate a hearty lunch before coming here..." His ears lie flat, wondering how time here compares to time in the real world. "How long were you guys trapped here, exactly? It couldn't have been more than half an hour in our world's time..."

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mirror Temple of Inari]

Kartuk shakes his head

I didn't smell anything even remotely edible, and wandering around is all too likely to get us caught - we don't know exactly how many people live in this dump. I think we're gonna have to rely on Sushi Bar.

He tries, and comes up with a pittance of food: it doesn't fail entirely, but it was maybe one-third as effective as it should have been.

Of course... well, if I burn up my amazing two spells for today in casting the standard Create Food and Drink, we'll have enough to at least not be starving.

Zhi nods to Genji

It wasn't very long at all, Genji: they'd only just locked us up and leave before that other-Peng came back with Jian. I'd agree: half an hour at most.

looks like time is "normal". Jian sits quietly, not at all happy with this adventure.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Mirror Temple of Inari]

Kartuk shakes his head

I didn't smell anything even remotely edible, and wandering around is all too likely to get us caught - we don't know exactly how many people live in this dump. I think we're gonna have to rely on Sushi Bar.

He tries, and comes up with a pittance of food: it doesn't fail entirely, but it was maybe one-third as effective as it should have been.

Of course... well, if I burn up my amazing two spells for today in casting the standard Create Food and Drink, we'll have enough to at least not be starving.

Zhi nods to Genji

It wasn't very long at all, Genji: they'd only just locked us up and leave before that other-Peng came back with Jian. I'd agree: half an hour at most.

looks like time is "normal". Jian sits quietly, not at all happy with this adventure.
    "Well, if I'm going to rest up anyways, might as well burn what spells I do have..." He huffs, and after a moment of searching, finds the thread of his connection to Inari, dismayed to notice it was tattered and weakened almost beyond repair. Between the two of them, Genji and Kartuk create enough food for each fox present to eat their fill. "Enjoy, because I don't know if/when I'll be able to make more. Inari seems pretty distant from wherever 'here' is." He says quietly, pushing some of the sushi over to Jian.

His job of feeding each member of their party complete, he curls up beside Jian to sleep, having enough control over the pocket dimension they were in to summon tatami mats for each fox to rest on, should they so choose. "Wake me up in four hours..." he mumbles sleepily, before going still, trying to fall asleep.

24. - Top - End - #1434

Default [WinterHearth]

[Krystal's Castle]

Poor fox. You just want to pet them with their little frightened ears like that.
    But you don't, because that would be rude, and they're still a scary werefox.

"Mhm. We think he was a high priest of the sun god or something, and when he died he got put in the scepter. Could always just be an evil artifact. Did you say you found it buried in the ruins, or you buried it in the ruins when you were done?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Pixie in the Playground

[Krystal's Castle]

Krystal nods

Yeah: it was in the Tomb of the Champion of Light - he was a dork anti-paladin that the Darkness Temple's folks defeated and sealed up in a vault with all his stuff. They're all from some desert world or other... we never followed up on the exact place, to be honest.

But it's way too dangerous to leave lying around where somebody might find it... especially not under a Temple inhabited by constitutionally curious people like that. It's not back in the ruins.

[Mirror Temple of Inari]

Zhi gently rests her hand on Genji's shoulder

I can't do all that much... but I can do this: Sleep

And a quiet sleep spell timed for four hours drifts over Genji while Jian snuggles.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Krystal's Castle]

Krystal nods

Yeah: it was in the Tomb of the Champion of Light - he was a dork anti-paladin that the Darkness Temple's folks defeated and sealed up in a vault with all his stuff. They're all from some desert world or other... we never followed up on the exact place, to be honest.

But it's way too dangerous to leave lying around where somebody might find it... especially not under a Temple inhabited by constitutionally curious people like that. It's not back in the ruins.

[Mirror Temple of Inari]

Zhi gently rests her hand on Genji's shoulder

I can't do all that much... but I can do this: Sleep

And a quiet sleep spell timed for four hours drifts over Genji while Jian snuggles.
    The calming spell washes over him and he doesn't fight it, keeping Jian warm quite thoroughly as his chest slowly rises and falls in a steady rhythm, ears twitching at every little sound as he does... In this manner, 4 hours would pass, barring any unforeseen interruptions...

27. - Top - End - #1437

Default [Krystal's Castle]

Plum chuckles and takes on a look of transparently faked embarrassment.
    "Yes, 'constitutionally curious' is what got us involved with it."
    "The same desert with the defilers, I wonder? That world has caused us a lot of trouble."
    "You have an idea where it is?"

She perks up at the end, hopeful. Knowing where something is not isn't quite knowing where it is, but it's helpful all the same.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Pixie in the Playground

[Krystal's Castle]

Krystal shakes her head

No... at least, I don't think so. The rod certainly isn't a defiler artifact, and I'm pretty sure preserver, defiler, and psionics are all they had.

Calicyra is in an extra-dimensional vault. Aesa got quite bored with him after a while... he's only got a few useful powers and from her point of view they aren't all that strong. His personality sucks and while he was totally obedient, he was fairly sulky about it.

I'd been meaning to ask her if it wouldn't be better to just break the thing and let him out, but stuff happened and I never had the chance... I haven't spoken to her in years, now.

[Mirror Temple of Inari]

And so indeed, four hours pass. Zhi's spell wakes Genji up at the prescribed time, but the others are all still sound asleep.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-09-24 at 09:22 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1439

Default [Krystal's Castle]

"Hmm."
    Plum gives a careful, low-movement shrug.

"If the vault is secure, and as inaccessible as that sounds, there are few reasons not to just leave him there. Those able to make best use, relatively, of his powers are also those at risk from trying to use them. But...since Anatar's followers are looking for it, a more active containment, or even destruction, is worth considering."

And smiles.

"Time does get away from us like that."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Krystal's Castle]

Krystal shakes her head

No... at least, I don't think so. The rod certainly isn't a defiler artifact, and I'm pretty sure preserver, defiler, and psionics are all they had.

Calicyra is in an extra-dimensional vault. Aesa got quite bored with him after a while... he's only got a few useful powers and from her point of view they aren't all that strong. His personality sucks and while he was totally obedient, he was fairly sulky about it.

I'd been meaning to ask her if it wouldn't be better to just break the thing and let him out, but stuff happened and I never had the chance... I haven't spoken to her in years, now.

[Mirror Temple of Inari]

And so indeed, four hours pass. Zhi's spell wakes Genji up at the prescribed time, but the others are all still sound asleep.
    Genji awakens and sighs, they've still got some time before this space collapses, so it should be fine if he takes a moment to snuggle with the now slightly larger Jian, right? He blushes as he slowly catches her scent, and finally has to let her go, albeit reluctantly... Instead, he sets about checking each of his party members over for wounds, applying CLW wherever he needs to to get everybody back at 100%