New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Foxside: The Temple of Inari 54 - Ten Years of Foxes

[Hot Spring Baths]

Jinkei smiles at Zack, and strokes his hair. "You know just what to say, Mr. Smooth-Talker." She kisses his arm with a loving smile.

She turns to Nie'Riel. "I've gone back a few times too many since I got pregnant, so there's the chance that on a return trip I'll go into labor, but I need to see my grandma. She always wanted to meet you both, even."‎

((For the 'how can she shapeshift while being pregnant', my answer is 'the kids can shapeshift too. But the heavier she gets, the less she'd want to.))

2. - Top - End - #122
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hot Spring Baths]

Zack and Nie'Riel both nod

Sure!

That sounds like fun.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

"Going to...it doesn't work yet?"

Leah smiles; that's not her sort of work, but it's interesting.

"Seems to me like you'd want three different suits, several really, one for the tundra, one for the lavapits, one for the jungle. You know? It would be so complicated to do all of those at once!"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

[Hot Spring Baths]

"Then it's settled!" Jinkei proclaims, her voice causing the spontaneous generation of illusory confetti. "When shall we leave? Tomorrow? Later tonight? I'll have to contact my grammie... and say hi to Ingrid..."‎

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Full Moon Party]

"Going to...it doesn't work yet?"

Leah smiles; that's not her sort of work, but it's interesting.

"Seems to me like you'd want three different suits, several really, one for the tundra, one for the lavapits, one for the jungle. You know? It would be so complicated to do all of those at once!"
    [Full Moon Party]

"That's the trick in this project. I already evolved a material that can change himself to meet the abilies for the different areas. I just need to bring it into a form." he says.
    "My prototype can create a suit, but it's just a model without any abilities to withstand heat, cold pressure, etc.. . At some point I reached a dead end."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #126

Default [Full Moon Party]

"Maybe I could help you with that!"

Leah grins, nodding briefly.

"I used to have suits for cold and pressure, and I have an idea about heat - there's this material we call nanomesh that was, well, I can tell you more about it later. Once I see how the prototype works."
    And if that doesn't work, or is too dangerous, they could just use a little bit of magic in the design, couldn't they?

"There have to be other avenues to get around this dead end."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Knight View Post
    [Hot Spring Baths]

"Then it's settled!" Jinkei proclaims, her voice causing the spontaneous generation of illusory confetti. "When shall we leave? Tomorrow? Later tonight? I'll have to contact my grammie... and say hi to Ingrid..."‎
    Zack shakes his head

Have to make arrangements to get our classes covered while we're away, and I have to get a trainer to look after the kiddos and the gym - we can't just leave.

Nie'Riel nods

Maybe the day after tomorrow, if all goes well.

8. - Top - End - #128

Default Re: [Full Moon Party]

[Full Moon Party]

"Can't harm to have another oppotunity." he says and shrugs. "Any time you want, since I don't really have anything to keep me busy."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

[Hot Spring Baths]

Jinkei nods. "I knew that. I'm just so excited!" She beams, pulling both of them in close for a hug.

"You know, Todd came with me last time? He's made some progress, he can understand human/higher fox, but still can't speak like that yet. But I seem to be influencing him in more ways than one. It's just like at home where..." She trails off, as if realizing she doesn't want to tell them that yet. Instead of deflecting or changing the subject skilfully, though, she just keeps quiet and stares at the wall/water/springplace.‎
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2016-03-10 at 07:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Hot Spring Baths]

They both lean in and return the hug warmly

But Zack doesn't really follow what Jinkei means

Well yeah, I'd kinda expect that. He's a bright little guy, and not all that old: he's going to pick up stuff really quick.

Nie'Riel is a tiny bit better versed in magical concepts

Emotional attachments aside... wasn't he just a standard wild fox? They are intelligent in their own way, certainly... but that sounds like more than the simple words or phrases I would expect...

11. - Top - End - #131

Default [Full Moon Party]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "Can't harm to have another oppotunity." he says and shrugs. "Any time you want, since I don't really have anything to keep me busy."
    "Great! It's getting late enough tonight, but I should be able to get working on it tomorrow morning! Just say where I can find you."

Leah nods and gives a bit of a wave; this is about to be the end of the conversation.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Hot Spring Baths]

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    They both lean in and return the hug warmly

But Zack doesn't really follow what Jinkei means

Well yeah, I'd kinda expect that. He's a bright little guy, and not all that old: he's going to pick up stuff really quick.

Nie'Riel is a tiny bit better versed in magical concepts

Emotional attachments aside... wasn't he just a standard wild fox? They are intelligent in their own way, certainly... but that sounds like more than the simple words or phrases I would expect...
    [Hot Spring Baths]

Jinkei looks at both her lovers, and a battle rages in her head. Usually, she'd be completely willing to share the news, but she's wanted to be completely sure of what she's found out before involving her family. Scientific process and all that. 'Oh, it's been 5 months, and a 10-month pregnancy term might become 5.5 months after this trip... they'll find out sooner or later.' She thinks to herself, then exhales.

(I know we simply specified 'some months from the last scene, but my headcanon is '5 months have passed since then')

"The accident had some... some more far-reaching consequences than I thought it would. The Ravfadern, the Father of Foxes, has recognized me for... well, I..." She rambles, and stops herself and exhales once more.

"Okay. I'll start again. Basically, I might be able to..." She squints and seems to freeze, not sure how their reaction would be. "Well, I've been mutated by the accident. I'm no longer just a snow-fox person." She bites her lips. "I'm something more, and apparently I can mutate susceptible foxes, like lower foxes or higher baby foxes to share my attributes."

She pats her stomach. "These children... I chose those names for a reason. They're not going to be like anything we've ever seen before. I'm not sure exactly how, and that worries me."

13. - Top - End - #133

[Full Moon Party]

"I guess the lab in inside is gone or I might not have the oppotunity to get in."
    he thinks loud.
    "You can find me in GloG. I got a cabin there. It should still be there."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

Zack and Nie'Riel blink at Jinkei

Zack purses his lips

Is that... a good thing?

Nie'Riel nods

You seem a bit distressed...

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

[Hot Spring Baths]

"Oh, I'm not sure! And of course I'm distressed!" Jinkei exclaims, leaning backwards and closing her eyes. "Sure, it means a new race might start, our children being special and potentially having such big destinies ahead, and I might... become more divine..." Almost feels blasphemous to her.

"But that's just a big responsibility! I wouldn't mind if it were later, when I'm older, but now, so young? These are supposed to be my maiden years! And now, this. Why do these things happen to me?" She exhales and puts a hand to her head.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2016-03-14 at 08:18 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

Zack blinks again, and gives Jinkei a hug and Nie'Riel pats her on the shoulder.

We are here for you, beloved: we'll work it out.

Zack nods

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

[Hot Spring Baths]

((Mobile, again! >.<))‎

Jinkei buries her head in Zack's shoulders and takes a couple deep breaths, grateful for the emotional support. "I love you both."

She purrs. "Sorry for being a party pooper. We should be relaxing instead. I just... worry too much, I guess."‎

18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground

Zack gently pets Jinkei's head

There, there, sweetheart. I love you, too.

Me, too. Come on, now: no point over-thinking it. Whatever comes along, we'll manage.

Zack chuckles

Besides, isn't your Ravfadern just another ... uh ... flavor of Inari here? She's not going to do anything bad

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Hot Spring Baths]

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    Zack gently pets Jinkei's head

There, there, sweetheart. I love you, too.

Me, too. Come on, now: no point over-thinking it. Whatever comes along, we'll manage.

Zack chuckles

Besides, isn't your Ravfadern just another ... uh ... flavor of Inari here? She's not going to do anything bad
    "Thank you..." Jinkei smiles back, a bit wearily, and hugs her lovers tightly.

"Well, yes. He made all the foxes in the world, and he doesn't seem to mind one bit..."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hot Spring Baths]

So Zack and Nie'Riel enjoy a snuggly soak in the tub, and I think we should leave the trio to their privacy for now...

[Sanctuary]

A bright new day finds Caroline and Felina together in the sanctuary. Expectant Felina is due any day now and can barely walk anymore and standing for any length of time is too tiring, so she is never left alone on duty.

21. - Top - End - #141

[Arrival]

Ambrosia will arrive at the temple riding on the back of a horse. Holding the reins is the paladin Steve.
    "Here we are, this is the temple I mentioned before. We should have a look around I suppose. Talk to some people."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-03-19 at 03:14 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142

Default [Arrival]

The obvious way to arrive is to come in through the arboretum. From the road, ride up the gravel pathway among the hanging lanterns, past the pine trees. Up to the shining red gate flanked by the alabaster fox icons, into the sanctuary.

A feather-covered girl in the bright blue robes of an Acolyte meets the two at the entrance.
    "Greetings, neighbors; the blessings of Inari be upon you. What can we do for you today?"
    "Will you be staying long? I can take your horse around to the stables."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Arrival]

The obvious way to arrive is to come in through the arboretum. From the road, ride up the gravel pathway among the hanging lanterns, past the pine trees. Up to the shining red gate flanked by the alabaster fox icons, into the sanctuary.

A feather-covered girl in the bright blue robes of an Acolyte meets the two at the entrance.
    "Greetings, neighbors; the blessings of Inari be upon you. What can we do for you today?"
    "Will you be staying long? I can take your horse around to the stables."
    Steve sees the feathered colored girl. "You must be a priest" He says. He bows on one knee and tales off his helmet, as to greet royalty. "I am honored to meet you, your holiness" says Steve. "My name is Steve, I am a Paladin. We came here because we are chasing a dragon. I believe that there may be a chance someone here has information on chaos aligned dragons that we could use. If you do not mind, your holiness, we wish to stay for the night." Steve stays bowed. Steve has short brown hair, blue eyes, and a 5 o' clock shadow. He is wearing g white armor with gold designs. On the left side of him is a gold scabbard with a sword with a gold hilt and a white blade. On the right he has a gray knife in a leather scabbard. He has a white horse. On the side, there are saddlebags and a white and gold lance. Steve is also holding a white shirt with an emblem of a lion's face with a symmetrical mane.
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2016-03-20 at 02:25 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144

[Arrival]

Ambrosia gets off the horse and nods politely to the priest. This whole situation started to feel a bit awkward, but it was probably for the best that she kept her cover intact for now. "Yes, I'm Ambrosia Ithil, scholar. I've been here before discussing theology with Miss Primerra. A priest working here. It was a while ago however, I wouldn't be surprised if no one remembers me."

25. - Top - End - #145

Default [Arrival]

"Oh, there's no need for any of that. I'm not even a full priestess yet."
    "Of course we don't mind. The guest quarters are right this way-"

The acolyte leads them out and around, over a bridge, to the path, and then along to where they could stay.
    "I think you'll probably find what you're looking for; there's several dragons who are here as residents or at least frequent visitors. Chaos-aligned, hmm..."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Arrival]

"Oh, there's no need for any of that. I'm not even a full priestess yet."
    "Of course we don't mind. The guest quarters are right this way-"

The acolyte leads them out and around, over a bridge, to the path, and then along to where they could stay.
    "I think you'll probably find what you're looking for; there's several dragons who are here as residents or at least frequent visitors. Chaos-aligned, hmm..."
    "Thank you, your holiness" says Steve. He looks around at the room that the acolyte just showed them. He says in the room "Do any of you just so happen to have to know a dragon that really likes gambling, because there is one out there, preying on the blood of the innocent." Steve scans the room for any familiar faces from the tavern, so far he doesn't see any.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

27. - Top - End - #147

[Arrival]

The scholar blinks. "There are dragons staying here? Are there any here right now? Not for the purpose of this chase but since I am researching dragons in the nexus."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Pond]

Kenji's dainty little face pops up from the surface of the pond

I could'a sworn I heard someone ask if there was a dragon here...

The lesser pond dragon has grown: he's nearly three feet long now, and the diameter of a goodly stick! Of course, he's still bright peacock blue with emerald green and purple highlights, and his whiskers are growing in quite nicely.

He looks around the shore and waits to see if whoever it was will speak up.

29. - Top - End - #149

Default [Arrival]

Well, the room she just showed them is rather completely empty.
    "Preying on the blood of the innocent? Oh, that sounds just dreadful! I'm glad to say I don't know of such a creature."
    "But as for here right now-!"

The acolyte leads them back towards the [pond].
    "Kenji, are-oh, you're already here! These nice folk would like to talk about dragons. If you don't mind spending some time with them?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Default [Pond]

Steve turns to Kenji. "Greetings Kenji, my name's Steve. It's an honor to speak with you, and this is the first time I have had the chance to speak with a dragon. Not that all dragons I've met are evil, in fact, my home town has a good dragon overlooking it, he just rarely speaks to anyone. Anyway, do you know anything about any dragons who turn things around them to stone when they die? Or breathe fire in purely a bullet form? I encountered one at Trog's and it tore the place up."
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2016-03-21 at 12:13 PM.