Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Foxside: The Temple of Inari 54 - Ten Years of Foxes

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    Kenji blinks

Uh... not here! And "cult" as in small, only loosely organized, informal religion. Not all of them are crazy weirdos.... you just never get to hear about the reasonable ones.

Eh... Keiko can explain later if she needs to: for now, Koi World awaits!

You can talk to Keko later if you want. Anyway, let's go!

And with that, he will stretch out and attempt to circle around the pair and take them into the magical underwater world...

[Koi World]

The transition is at once sudden and very difficult to place: one moment they were standing next to a pond, the next they are on a white marble pathway in a wonderland of greenish-blue. Strange patterns of light flicker all around, and fantastic woodlands of treelike plants stretch to either side. There are people wandering around, dressed in amazing clothes of many colors, and some of the robes are incredibly elaborate. Strange birds flit through the sky, and far above a glimmering firmament provides an endless glowing, sparkling display of light.

And Kenji? The little dragon is nowhere to be seen: in his place, an eighteen year old young man of distinctly Japanese appearance dressed in kimono and hakima of the same color scheme as his scales, fins, and whiskers. He bows with a giant grin, never tiring of showing off his home.

Welcome to the Koi Pond of the Temple of Inari!

Greetings.
    Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Steve turns to Ambrosia "There are cultists in this building. Should we do anything about it?" Steve grows far more concerned than he was a while ago. He is wondering whether he should still trust this place. What is the course of action they should take? If there really was a demon-worshiping cult, there was no way they could just let them go on with their vile deeds.
    [Koi World]

"I've never seen a place like this, fascinating" says Steve as he looks around in wonder "and I've seen some crazy stuff in my adventures." Steve walks towards the Temple "May I have the honor to go inside?" asks Steve. He awaits at the door for an answer, still awe-struck by the world which he entered. And I thought Koi were just fish thought Steve.

[Temple==>Koi World]

Ambrosia looks at Steve in surprise. "Goodness no, as Kenji said, he meant as in 'small religion unorganized religion'."

Then they're suddenly transported!

While the architecture and the location of the temple was impressive, that wasn't what caught Ambrosia's attention. She only have eyes for Kenji right at the moment. "Amazing, how did you do that Kenji? The shapeshifting I mean. Could you perhaps explain it in detail?" She is already opening her book and there is a pen in her other hand.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-03-27 at 10:45 AM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party]

Well... naturally, not exactly* like Keiko!

Much applause, even though "dragon" is not what Melina was going for. She poses briefly to let Nicole get her pictures, then grits her teeth.

That's all fine and nice, but I want to be me again!

Again she blurs, and at the end of this final determined attempt, Melina is standing there in her original shape... unfortunately, her clothing has not survived all this drama and she's quite naked. She's rather more annoyed than embarrassed, though - after all, you can't actually see anything given her thick winter fur.

Oh, bother it all.

Felina finally can't resist giggling at her little sister

Noriko grins

See you then.

Katrina now grins broadly

Certainly!

And the musicians take their cue and begin a lively tune. Caroline [and presumably Jinkei] cart Kitnick off for detox, Noriko heads back home, Keiko glides away for a nap, and Felina asks Arlem to help her back home...

[Sanctuary - Night]

Tamamo shakes her head

I'm really not sure. He was an evil and fairly well insane god: I rather doubt that his domain was particularly pleasant to begin with...

She trails off, tilting her head as if listening.

It's basically still there, but the storm and fire that were his trademarks have faded away. The people are huddled up in the buildings, and are quite frightened - especially the older ones from before his worst episodes. It would seem that either nothing has found them yet or at least nothing powerful enough to overcome them.
    Ah! Tsukiko thought to go ask the Ministry of Heavens... and their response is that they don't want anything to do with it.

Tamamo frowns

Annoying. Many of those people are quite innocent, but many are wretched murderers and enemies from my point of view.

[Koi World]

Kenji shakes his head

Don't open that door! It'll send you back.

Then he gestures expansively

This is the Koi World... It's sort of a pocket off the material world you're used to, where the spirits live.

Now, shapeshifting is one of my natural abilities, just like the foxes, but in this case I didn't use it: we all look human here.

And I can bring you here because I'm the guardian! Though maybe "doorkeeper" is a better word in some ways.

Now, a couple of standard cautions:

First, time doesn't work here the same way you're used to. You really, really want to go back home with me to avoid really unpleasant surprises. I can return you to a point ever so slightly before we even left: you'll see yourself leave! That door is second-best: it will return you to the material world to a time that matches your perception of how long you were here. Please don't go back with anyone else, though, and never go into a cave unless I've said it's safe - the foxes tend to dig tunnels here from their world, and not all of them are as nice as the folks you meet in the Temple. There are stories of people having all their time stolen away from them, so they age and die when they go back home.

Second: In some ways, think of this as a dream - what happens here isn't necessarily real. When you do get back, you'll have a box. If open the box before sunrise the next day, much of what happens here becomes real for you. If you don't open it, then things from this place will fade away. Excepting the time thing...

He smiles reassuringly. Then he points to a mountain rising seemingly forever into the glowing heavens

That mountain's actually the pond's island, we have a city at the base and Grandfather Koi's palace is there.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Full Moon Party]

But of course! Arlem is there almost before Felina finishes asking. A much better distraction from Clarissa than these admittedly fine drinks.

[Sanctuary - Night]

"So there is nothing."
    Anima sighs.
    "They're just left there, alone...but you have found them!"

There's an excited glint in her eye.

"If there were something that ought to be done with them, He could send me there. I'm sure the fire is missed."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #184
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sanctuary - Night]

Tamamo looks thoughtful

That's certainly a valid point: as a fire god, your patron should be able take charge of those people easily enough. And certainly something needs to be done: they can't in good conscience be left alone and defenseless, but I have no valid claim on them and there are too many there whom by my own rules I cannot accept into my own lands, and I lack the resources to watch over an unrelated domain, so...

that would be very helpful.

5. - Top - End - #185

[Sanctuary - Night]

"He would like me to express that you are a kind person, Holy Tamamo. Many would not care for those left alone there."

Anima nods.

"Our rules are different. We'll see what can be done. The Heart of the Burning Storm. Could you provide transport or direction to the place? You know it, but for us, the name would take a while to track down."

[Arriving - Spiders]

"Well they don't call you the 'glowing ones'."

Arlem leads the way up through the arboretum to the sanctuary.

"Are there none of you who color your fur to look differently?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Steve walks away from the door. "May we see Grandfather Koi? I believe you said he was sick, and if we go to see him, I might be able to cure his illness, of course, this relies on his willingness to be healed and if my God will allow it. But if not, I would still like to meet him" says Steve.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sanctuary - Night]

Tamamo smiles

Thank you... I try to be.

then she nods and holds out her hand

I'll take you myself: I've been there before, and that not so long ago.

[Spider and Arlem]

The spider looks around, then up and up

Ah! There's a cute little rift up there! So that's why we were needed. Yep: those webs are tattered to bits - won't be long at all before you all get bathed in raw elemental energy. Looks like Radiance to me... would seem like a good thing at first, 'til all the mortals got incurable cancers and died in pain.

[Sanctuary]

It is another time, and a tall lean man enters the sanctuary and looks around. His mannerisms are strange, to say the least, and would give the distinct impression of a small hawk to those familiar with such things.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Sanctuary

Steven passes by, bleary-eyes in his pajamas as he tries to find his way to where they're serving breakfast. Eclipse is slung over his shoulder for no particular reason. He hates pulling entire night shifts. Especially when it makes him so late that there's no bagels left.
    Keiko had better not have eaten the last of the bagels.
    "Blessings of Inari and Tamamo be with you sir. You looking for something?" he says, just a teeny bit of grogginess-fueled slurring.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #189

[Sanctuary - Night]

Anima reaches up and takes her hand. Off to the outer planes!

[Spider and Arlem]

"Cute."
    "Yes, if you say so."

Arlem looks up at the invisible (to him) rift, or at least its general direction, and nods.
    "Do you think it would have been a danger to people yet?"

[Sanctuary]

"Greetings, neighbor! Blessings of Inari be upon you!"
    Bloom gives a curious look to Steven. Tamamo? At this hour of the day?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #190
    Pixie in the Playground

[Spider and Arlem]

The spider chuckles

Ah, some gentle sarcasm, friend: it is truly a small crack, no wider than the tip of my smallest claw.

And have no fear: it is still contained, and even without containment the effects would require years of exposure.

[Sanctuary]

The man looks nervously at Steven

Um... hello...

And then he looks at Blossom. He blinks a few times, then smiles weakly

And to you as well...

He turns and shows that his arm is cradled in a sling

Well... um... I was kinda hoping for some help. Things have just not been going my way lately. There's been a bit of an incident back home, you see.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-03-31 at 10:40 AM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Sanctuary

"What in particular happened?" Steven asks him, waking up a bit more and straightening himself.

12. - Top - End - #192

Default [Sanctuary]

Bloom's next thought is relief that Steven has been distracted from finding out out that she ate the last bagel.
    But then, there's proper concern.

"We'd be happy to help! Besides your poor arm, what's gone wrong?"

Despite the cheery words, she looks away nervously. The way he's looking...she feels like a bagel herself.

[Spider and Arlem]

"I do beg pardon for being concerned that people might be incurably irradiated."
    Arlem reaches over to pet the fluffy spider, and then executes a multi-step partial transformation to stretch up to the rafters and then pull himself onto them in his little garden spider shape.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-03-31 at 11:20 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #193
    Pixie in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Keiko sighs at the empty bagel tray sitting on the breakfast counter... guess she'll just have to have her lox on an English Muffin.

Or not - they're gone, too.

She decides to try out how "waffles and lox" work out, because she thinks maple syrup is icky.

But thinly sliced cold-smoked salmon is so very very delicious! Mmmm...

[Sanctuary]

He bobs his head

There's been a ... um ... well ... um ... our king has been captured and imprisoned. And most of the rest of us, too... I happened to be out at the time, and got away when they came to get me...

[Spiders]

The spider climbs swiftly up the columns, not able to be quite as impressive as Arlem

Ah, I have given offense. I do apologize... I meant no harm

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Sanctuary

"K-king? Where are you from? I don't think I'm qualified to respond to something as important as an invasion. Well, not by myself, at least." Steven sputters.

15. - Top - End - #195

[Sanctuary]

"And he needs to be...to be rescued?"
    "Perhaps you had best start at the beginning. Where are you from, and who has attacked?"

Bloom glances worriedly at Steven. If he's not qualified to respond to an invasion, who on the staff is? She's going to have to talk to those scary werefoxes, for sure.

[Spiders]

"Apology accepted, -"
    "I do not even know your name to introduce you to the other spiders, friend."

Arlem bobs on the rafter.

"How should we call you? Gayelle should have her little web up here somewhere..."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #196

[Koi World]

Kenji shakes his head

Don't open that door! It'll send you back.

Then he gestures expansively

This is the Koi World... It's sort of a pocket off the material world you're used to, where the spirits live.

Now, shapeshifting is one of my natural abilities, just like the foxes, but in this case I didn't use it: we all look human here.

And I can bring you here because I'm the guardian! Though maybe "doorkeeper" is a better word in some ways.

Now, a couple of standard cautions:

First, time doesn't work here the same way you're used to. You really, really want to go back home with me to avoid really unpleasant surprises. I can return you to a point ever so slightly before we even left: you'll see yourself leave! That door is second-best: it will return you to the material world to a time that matches your perception of how long you were here. Please don't go back with anyone else, though, and never go into a cave unless I've said it's safe - the foxes tend to dig tunnels here from their world, and not all of them are as nice as the folks you meet in the Temple. There are stories of people having all their time stolen away from them, so they age and die when they go back home.

Second: In some ways, think of this as a dream - what happens here isn't necessarily real. When you do get back, you'll have a box. If open the box before sunrise the next day, much of what happens here becomes real for you. If you don't open it, then things from this place will fade away. Excepting the time thing...

He smiles reassuringly. Then he points to a mountain rising seemingly forever into the glowing heavens

That mountain's actually the pond's island, we have a city at the base and Grandfather Koi's palace is there.
    Steve walks away from the door. "May we see Grandfather Koi? I believe you said he was sick, and if we go to see him, I might be able to cure his illness, of course, this relies on his willingness to be healed and if my God will allow it. But if not, I would still like to meet him" says Steve.
    [Koi World]

Ambrosia looks curiously at Kenji as he speaks. A spirit world? If it was anything like the aether realm of her home...
    "If you don't mind, could you clarify a few things, please?" She asks Kenji as Steve is hurrying towards the door. "Is this an actual physical location or is this just taking place in our heads? In addition, could you clarify how you use your 'natural abilities'? You simply think of being a human, or is there more to it? It is a quite complex transition after all."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Koi World]

Ambrosia looks curiously at Kenji as he speaks. A spirit world? If it was anything like the aether realm of her home...
    "If you don't mind, could you clarify a few things, please?" She asks Kenji as Steve is hurrying towards the door. "Is this an actual physical location or is this just taking place in our heads? In addition, could you clarify how you use your 'natural abilities'? You simply think of being a human, or is there more to it? It is a quite complex transition after all."
    "Are there planes that physical bodies can't enter, but minds can?" asks Steve "Where I'm from, either your whole body can enter or none of it can." Steve thinks for a bit "Also, can I contact other planes from here? I'm wondering if my prayers will actually reach the heavens in here, or if I can send messages to others from here via any method."
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

18. - Top - End - #198
    Pixie in the Playground

[Koi World]

Kenji does his best.

Both... sort of... and neither. This is the spirit world, that's all I know to call it: it is a place, yes - we really are in the pond, currently not five feet from where we started. But it's also not... and I'm afraid we're really quite a long way past what I really understand myself so I can't explain it any better than that. I can say "dream" or "illusion", but those are just analogies to try to get the idea across. You aren't asleep, there's no spell...

He turns briefly and nods to Steve, eager to reassure him

Oh yeah! Don't worry: anybody who could hear you a minute ago still can: we aren't anywhere all that weird. This isn't another plane - you're still on the material as far as the wizards are concerned! And you're all here, it's just.. some things are temporary.

Kenji wishes somebody who understood was here. He turns back to Ambrosia

Oh: two different things! I'm a human when I come here because that's what this place does to us. I don't think about that or anything, it just happens.

When I want to change myself, I have to concentrate: I imagine up a little image of myself as I am and then I imagine it changing into what I want. Nothing happens right then, that's just getting ready. Once I'm happy with the result, I have to gather up my energy. It's like taking a deep breath: I feel it fill me up all tingly and bright. It takes some practice to figure out how much I'll really need for any given shape: too little and it just won't work. Too much and the leftover stings like when your foot falls asleep but all over. Anyway, once I've got enough, I push it into the new shape... and then that becomes... me.

The problem with natural abilities is that it is a rare thing for the one who has them to really understand exactly what they're doing.

[Sanctuary]

The newcomer sighs

Was kinda hoping for more crusader sorts. Ok, from the top...

He closes his eyes briefly, and a moment later he changes. He is taller, nearly seven feet, with mottled brown feathers. He has a feathery crest and a delicate hawklike face complete with a beak. He has long, slender, yellow scaled bird legs that end in clawed bird feet, and his feathered arms are an awkward blend between wings and the more usual appendages. His hands are small and his fingers clawed. He resembles a small hawk (specifically, a kite).

I am Komatsu, from the sky lands. A Tengu... I know we haven't always been on the best of terms with you Kitsune, but do you really want Raiden to rule the skies? We need your help.

[Spider]

The spider blinks

They didn't tell you back at the court? Inconsiderate of them, I have to say. My name is Kay'la, and it is a pleasure to meet you and any of the friends who dwell in this place.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Sanctuary

Steven's ears flick in embarrassment.
    "The Messengers are better at that sort of thing. As I am not a full Messenger I'm only allowed to go full force under the request of Tamamo and her followers, and the point is that I don't know if one priest is going to make much of a difference to, ah, a God of lightning, if I recall names correctly. Oh, and not a kitsune. Different species entirely."
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2016-04-03 at 11:46 AM.

20. - Top - End - #200

[Koi World]

The pen in Ambrosia's hand take a life of it's own as Kenji starts explaining. It quickly fills page by page with text, some of them her own speculation and comments regarding his explanation. She looks thoughtfully at the dragon and then back at the text taking shape underneath the pen.

Once he's finished she bows before Kenji. "Thank you Kenji, this will be most valuable in my research."

21. - Top - End - #201

Default [Sanctuary]

"Well don't worry, it's just that the crusaders aren't on duty welcoming visitors, they-eeek!"

Bloom jumps back a step when the tengu changes his form. He's going to eat them! No, wait, that's silly. No one's going to eat them. She takes a break to steady herself.

"Pleased to meet you Komatsu. I am the Novice Bloom, and we'll do our best to help!"

Suddenly a solution to two problems presents itself.

"Steven! Would you please please please go to the army outpost to get their help!? They have spaceships and crusaders and everything! I'm sure they can help us stop the god of thunder."

Honestly. Thunder is barely a real portfolio. Not like rice, or light, or death.

"Because we're not one priest! Or priestess! Or whatever! We're a whole temple!"
    "Did he really take over the whole sky lands?! Who's helping him? He couldn't have done it all himself...

[Spider]

Arlem shakes negatively.
    "No. Perhaps each of them thought another would tell me. Please be at home here. I will go to tell everyone that you have arrived."

He scurries along the rafters towards the far wall to crawl down and return to a fox-shape.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-04-03 at 12:00 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

[Koi World]

Kenji does his best.

Both... sort of... and neither. This is the spirit world, that's all I know to call it: it is a place, yes - we really are in the pond, currently not five feet from where we started. But it's also not... and I'm afraid we're really quite a long way past what I really understand myself so I can't explain it any better than that. I can say "dream" or "illusion", but those are just analogies to try to get the idea across. You aren't asleep, there's no spell...

He turns briefly and nods to Steve, eager to reassure him

Oh yeah! Don't worry: anybody who could hear you a minute ago still can: we aren't anywhere all that weird. This isn't another plane - you're still on the material as far as the wizards are concerned! And you're all here, it's just.. some things are temporary.

Kenji wishes somebody who understood was here. He turns back to Ambrosia

Oh: two different things! I'm a human when I come here because that's what this place does to us. I don't think about that or anything, it just happens.

When I want to change myself, I have to concentrate: I imagine up a little image of myself as I am and then I imagine it changing into what I want. Nothing happens right then, that's just getting ready. Once I'm happy with the result, I have to gather up my energy. It's like taking a deep breath: I feel it fill me up all tingly and bright. It takes some practice to figure out how much I'll really need for any given shape: too little and it just won't work. Too much and the leftover stings like when your foot falls asleep but all over. Anyway, once I've got enough, I push it into the new shape... and then that becomes... me.

The problem with natural abilities is that it is a rare thing for the one who has them to really understand exactly what they're doing.
    "Thank you for informing me" says Steve. Steve is still puzzled by how a whole world could fit into a pond. "I hope I am not overbearing you with questions, but I have just one more. Does time work normally here?

23. - Top - End - #203
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sanctuary]

Komatsu doesn't give up quite yet

Um... I'm not really asking for anybody to take Raiden on directly. Just his lackey who took over our kingdom: we need to free the king so he can put a stop to things!

And no, he hasn't conquered everything yet, just the Tengu kingdom... but that's a pretty big first step. And between the evil dragons and the more troublesome of my own kind, Raiden's gathering a lot of support. It's only a matter of time before he gets the cloud dragons, sooner if they get betrayed like we were.

He doesn't really understand the part about spaceships, but "army" and "outpost" certainly sound helpful.

[Spider]

Kay'la bobs and settles down to repairing the nearest web while she waits.

[Koi World]

Kenji grins

Great!

Then back to Steve

Nope. Time is more than a little weird, here, and that's where all my talk about needing to be careful when going back comes from. Time is kinda folded up and wrinkled here... maybe because of the whole "bigger on the inside than on the outside" thing... but anyway, you're perception of events will still seem normal to you, but how long this all really takes is ... um ... adjustable.
    Just for an example: there's a market in the town, and their preferred payment from guests is time. I don't know what they do with it, sorry, but if you trade an hour to them, then I can no longer return you to the normal world any earlier than one hour after we left.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Sanctuary

Steven nods and makes a hand gesture to magically contact a certain Vulpine Empire commander. "Certain" meaning "the only one relevant" really but we try not to rub it in her face.
    Commander, can you hear me? We have a situation.

25. - Top - End - #205

[Sanctuary]

"Okay..."

Bloom looks distant and thoughtful, and the feathers atop her head get all ruffled up. She really is concentrating.

"You can stay here and recover if you need to, but we'll need your knowledge about the Tengu Kingdom in order to fight back against this lackey! I can go get my crew from- oh! You aren't hurt, are you?!?"
    "Well, regardless of what happened, I'll help you!"

[Spider]

Arlem heads here and there informing and/or collecting people. Caroline needs to know, of course. And so will Felina for all those times Caroline is away. Plus Helen and Steven and-the messengers shouldn't be bothered with anything this small.

Wait, who is Tamamo's head priest here? Is that Helen? Someone will surely know.

And Kay'la wanted to talk to Melina, so it's over to the pokemon center. And all the bug-type pokemon might be interested, plus the gym leader. The head of Housekeeping, certainly, and the 2nd's assistant head gardener, was it? She'll actually get something done. He suggests that maybe a small welcome party could be put together later?

And he has to tell Gayelle, right here in the high corner of the sanctuary. And certainly her daughter out by the wall, and all the other normal spiders he can find - the celestial spiderkin are an inspiration to them; it will do them Good to see her. Which raises another task - warning everyone not to hurt the little spiders who might be moving about a bit more than usual.

Oh! He forgot about Kenji - the little dragon should know about other spirit beings now in residence. And maybe the actual kitsune would care, by the same token, but he doesn't really know any of them very well...
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-04-06 at 01:22 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

[Koi World]

Kenji grins

Great!

Then back to Steve

Nope. Time is more than a little weird, here, and that's where all my talk about needing to be careful when going back comes from. Time is kinda folded up and wrinkled here... maybe because of the whole "bigger on the inside than on the outside" thing... but anyway, you're perception of events will still seem normal to you, but how long this all really takes is ... um ... adjustable.
    Just for an example: there's a market in the town, and their preferred payment from guests is time. I don't know what they do with it, sorry, but if you trade an hour to them, then I can no longer return you to the normal world any earlier than one hour after we left.
    "Alright, thank you, I'l be sure to be cautious" Says Steve. Time fluctuation won't help our quest at all, the more time that gambler is on the move, the more we have to look for him. It doesn't matter anyway, the only plan we had was a long shot and the only other thing I can do is pray thought Steve. Steve looks around "I guess I'll just follow you around while we are here, since I don't know what may cause severe time fluctuation. Besides, I'm new to this world, and the world outside, so it's probably a good idea to be cautious anyway."

27. - Top - End - #207

[Koi World]

"I'll have to check that out later perhaps. Honestly, the nexus is so inconsistent I don't even know where to start making sense of it. So I'm just studying the various planes dragons for now." Ambrosia says with a small smile.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

Steve turns to Ambrosia, "Are you from another universe or continuity too?" He wonders if other people here are not natives to this universe.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Pixie in the Playground

[Koi World]

Kenji smiles and nods

Ok! Anyway, Grandfather's this way!

And he leads Steve and Ambrosia down the path: past meadows that seem normal enough and skirting around a forest that on closer inspection is clearly made of aquatic plants rather than trees. The curious pond spirits that appear as koi back in the mortal world watch quietly, a bit intimidated by the newcomers but reassured by the presence of their guardian.

What Kenji called a town is at best a tiny village with perhaps a hundred buildings altogether. It is quaint and fairly picturesque place perched on the foothills of the imposing mountain, with distinctly Meiji-era Japanese architecture and many bright red gates scattered about. Kenji doesn't go into the town, though, instead leading the way around toward a low castle set a small distance further up the mountainside.

[Sanctuary]

Verise is surprised to suddenly be contacted by the Messenger

What? Steven? Yes, I can hear you: what's going on?

Komatsu nods

Uh, yeah: arm's still broken...

he sighs softly

I know, it's a stereotypical Tengu thing to pretend to have a broken wing... really is this time.

[Arlem's Errands]

Caroline thanks Arlem for the news and Felina gives him a kiss. There seems to be some confusion about who the head of Tamamo's organization here is, with a number of people mistakenly thinking Noriko is a priestess and a couple even suggesting that it is Keiko. Mei seems to be the most active, surprisingly enough.

Over at the center, Melina (who is back in her fox form once more) is chatting with a real gardevoir and seems quite excited by the chance to talk to a Celestial. Zack smiles and nods and doesn't understand. Katrina grins broadly and immediately starts planning an appropriately spider-themed party (but it is Katrina, so "appropriately" may be stretching things a bit...)

The other spiders are, of course, thrilled beyond measure and tremendously grateful to Arlem.

Kenji promises to stop by some time, and his girlfriend Su offers to tell the other Kitsune.

All in all, quite a productive effort.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Sanctuary

Steven turns away from the bird and the priestess to speak to Verise.
    Yeah, we've got an injured Tengu requesting the Temple's aid in a rescue op for the king of his Kingdom. So far all I know we've got in resistance are a flunky of Raiden's and possibly some evil dragons. I don't know how much we can spare or what our diplomatic history with the Tengu is, but I think we can at least spare a squad with a bird, no pun intended. And if anyone of you's with me I can help a lot more.
    Aww, Steven's been working on his military lingo.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2016-04-11 at 11:12 AM.