New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown VI

Elsa & Sieghard

Spoiler
    Show
    "How do they even do it?" asked Elsa, frowning. "If you can smuggle goods into the city, you can smuggle people."
    "We'll find out soon enough," said Sforza. "As soon as Valdes finds those boatmen."

On Carraciolo's suggestion of a trap, Elsa looked skeptical. "Alvarr's forces are spread out around a whole city. They're growing weaker each passing day. This is the worst possible time for them to start something stupid. Alvarr wants to buy time; he wants the walls of Savonne between us and him before war begins."
    "They still outnumber us," said Carraciolo, stubbornly. "Underestimating them now is a good way to get ourselves killed."

"If Alvarr gets inside the city there won't be a war," said Sforza, firmly. He gave Elsa a look. "When's the last time you saw a pike formation storm a castle wall, signora?
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlackDragon

Adelbert & Ludo
    Spoiler
    Show

When Ludo came for the letter to pass to the messenger Adelbert slipped him a gold crown. "Tell him to keep the change. If he's back before tonight with proof he got there I'll add another crown."

For the first time in a long time Adelbert looked a little relaxed, though he winced as a sudden movement exacerbated his wounds. He smiled ruefully at Ludo. "My friend, I think it is time we had a drink. With the Sow gone I am not sure where we can find one but let's try, shall we?" He looked a little more somber. "I must speak with Viggo too about the girl who died, so I know what to tell Brother Cesar to say in his prayers." He glanced around the shrine to make sure the monk was not in the shrine before adding, softly.

"Bad business that. The Norscans raided Painford. Alvarr was furious and I don't blame him."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard and Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    "When's the last time you saw a pike formation storm a castle wall, signora?"
    "My point exactly. If Alvarr has a way in, we can't afford to wait."

Elsa paused. "Not so long ago, we were confident the northern lords would be at each other's throats within days of taking Savonne. No doubt less likely now, with our forces massed so close to the border."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Ludo and Adelbert
    Spoiler
    Show
    "So is Alvarr agreeing to the deal because he thinks with your route in, he can take the city?" Ludo asked, quietly but bluntly. "But Sforza's right here... as soon as he attacks, Sforza will be free to ride into the rear, just like what happened at Manaan's Keep."

5. - Top - End - #125

BlackDragon

Ludo and Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    Adelbert looked thoughtful. "I think, or at least I hope, that Sforza is as cautious as he seems. Yes his troops are here and the man has no honourable bone in his body but he won't fight until he is certain he can win. If Alvarr can keep him thinking Savonne won't fall, until the moment it does, the Tilean will hesitate to attack."

He raised an eyebrow at Ludo. "Think back to what really happened at Mannan's Keep. I can't prove it but I know the Captain stuck a deal with the greenskins and I wouldn't put it past him to have sabotaged the late, lamented Commander's machine. Either than or he has Ranald's own luck. No, unless he is desperate or believes Savonne will fall immediately I don't think he'll strike. A man like that doesn't gamble, he plans."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

Viggo Speaks with the Other Best Sforza

Spoiler
    Show

At first Viggo had to double check that it was he that Irene meant to be addressing, when he realised that it had to be, his cheeks flushed with pride at her appraisal of his talent. Remembering his manners Viggos' deep bow was as low and elaborate as he could make it, bright red cloak flaring out behind him as he flourished it extravagantly. I suppose it was just a matter of time, I did play astonishingly well at Mitterfruhl!

As Irene led him to be seated, he struggled to keep his thoughts focused, he certainly was not shy by nature, but her beauty was such that it made it a battle to even think of anything else. "My thanks for your praise my Lady, but alas, although I still play and perform I can hardly call myself a minstrel anymore." He swung his lute about to show her as proof. "And yes Commander Sieghard and I are close friends I suppose, it is he who is responsible for trying to turn me from a wordsmith into a warrior." He sounded a little miserable at that, but remembering whose presence he was in served to paint the broad smile back onto his face.

Taking a seat next to her Viggo grinned at Irene, "She is very touchy over that word isn't she?!" He agreed enthusiastically, "Temper as fiery as... well you catch my drift my Lady, promised to singe my eyebrows off if she heard me say it again! The Lady...." Viggo had to search his memory to recall what name Elsa went by, "Hildebrand.. is my friend too, although her tongue is often as heated as the spells she casts. Of course, if it pleases my Lady I can tell you many stories of her adventures, I've stood by her side on most of them!" Viggo adjusted his cap and fussed with the cuff of his coat self importantly.

When he spoke again, his voice had taken on the melodic tones he often used when regaling others with his tales, "I could tell you of the time she snatched a bandits arrow out of the sky mid-flight or how she once led an expedition into some deserted ruins only to discover and thwart an ancient evil," He lowered his tone a that one, surely the Capitano wouldn't mind me telling his wife the story?! "Or perhaps My Lady would like to hear of how she.. we, were set upon by a monstrous giant made of this very swamp itself?!" He pointed off in the direction of the mere, it was clear by the gleam in his eye that Viggo was eager to please Irene and the look he gave was one of earnest homage.

OOC

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

I counted it as a bare pass.... Either way the subtle nature of the question is lost on Viggo and he has taken Irene at her word. ie that she actually wants to hear his stories!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa, Sieghard & the Captain

Spoiler
    Show
    "That plan still holds," said Sforza, slightly snappish. "And they haven't taken it yet." He stood looking down at the map, clenching and unclenching his fist. "Alvarr has been weakened, but not enough. The elf can still bleed him more."

He looked round at his officers. "You are dismissed. Inform me as soon as the halflings return."

Viggo & the Lady

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm sure those would all be... very interesting," said Irene, quietly stifling a yawn, "but that wasn't exactly what I was thinking of." She seemed to be getting at something, but Viggo wasn't entirely sure what. "You must have some stories about what she's like, you know? As a person." She bobbed her head from side to side. "Little habits, foibles, flaws... you know. Something amusing." She nudged Viggo with a mischievous smile. "I'm sure you could write a hilarious song about her."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Charm again, to convince Viggo that writing a witty ditty to wind up Elsa is a Good Idea.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[4]
    Last edited by LCP; 2016-02-16 at 11:26 AM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

8. - Top - End - #128

Viggo & the Lady

Spoiler
    Show

Viggo found Irene's smile to be almost exhilarating, my heart doesn't even race this much when I'm training, get a grip man! still her found her eagerness infectious.

Tapping the side of his nose Viggo nodded along, "What she's like, what she's like eh?" Viggo began counting off on his fingers, "Well there's her temper for a start and then there's the way she cusses and curses like a bast.. erm like a sailor" Viggo snapped his fingers, hoping that Irene hadn't noticed his near slip of the tongue, "Oh and then there's the drinking! She drinks more than most men I know and hardly ever bathes either...."

Viggo leaned in, as close as he dare to the Lady, speaking in a hushed voice "When Beatrix and I first met I did have an idea to write a song about her actually, a humourous one at that!" Viggo pulled his lute around once more and strummed a few opening chords, "I was going to call it The Wizard and the Pie Shop Window."

Viggo played a tentative first verse, which saw poor Elsa being dangled by a number of motley fools out of the open window of a pie shop. He did his best to make it sound as funny and practiced as possible in the hope that he might be able to raise a laugh from the beauty.

OOC

Show

Poor Viggo, he never stood a chance did he?!

Was his proto-song any good?
    Musician Test:
    FEL 48 - (1d100)[7]

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Viggo & Irene

Spoiler
    Show
    Irene clapped her hands together, practically doubling over with laughter. "Bravo," she said, "bravo! Oh, it is so funny! Is it really true?" Her eyes were alight to the possibility. "She got caught robbing a pie shop?"

"You simply must finish it," she said, when she had regained some of her composure. "These soldiers, you know, they don't get much entertainment. They are so lucky to have a man of culture among them now." She lowered her voice. "I think when it's finished, you should play it to the men. Don't you?" She gave a playful laugh. "I'm sure they will love it."
    Last edited by LCP; 2016-02-16 at 01:36 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard & Elsa

Spoiler
    Show
    "I saw a man I believe was Rorik's second-in-command," Sieghard replied.
    "I've never seen the man so I can't be certain. He was a large man with a shaggy mane of red hair... Does that sound like Hakon to you?"

"Him or not, I shot the man in the thigh before he ran away. I'm surprised. He was even able to walk after thar. His wound will be troubling him."

He thought for a moment.
    "If the dig was a trap, it would've taken less than torturing the information out of one of Alvarr's men to learn about it,"" Sieghard said.
    "They're digging because they found a way into the city... or at least Alvarr thinks they have anyways... We've no way of knowing how deep ir far the Dwimmulhold runs, but the dwarfs would. If they aren't stopped before they breach it, the city will fall."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard, Elsa & the Captain

Spoiler
    Show
    "They may have had horses," said Carraciolo. "Did you track them, after the battle?"

"I said you are dismissed," said Sforza, a little sharply. "We've done all we can for now. I will hear no more of it until the scouts return."
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard & Elsa

Spoiler
    Show
    "We couldn't, " Sieghard told Carraciolo after they had left Sforza's tent. "By the time they had fled, we had fires to deal with. Even once they had been put out, with Makeda still gone, I would've either had to leave the village with no one in command or trusted untested men on their own. For what it's worth, we saw no tracks when we searched the forest for their bodies.

13. - Top - End - #133

Viggo & Irene

Spoiler
    Show

"Bravo," she said, "bravo! Oh, it is so funny! Is it really true?" Her eyes were alight to the possibility. "She got caught robbing a pie shop?"
    A brief moment of confusion forced Viggo's open expression to vanish, "Robbing? No, of course not. She was investigating the mysterious murder of an innocent priestess." His beetled frown disappeared just as quickly, replaced by a flashing smile and a waved hand, "But what place has truth in a witty parody really eh? Who would ever laugh at a miserable but honest clown?!" Viggo's eyebrows jumped up and down as he asked the question.

"I think when it's finished, you should play it to the men. Don't you?" She gave a playful laugh. "I'm sure they will love it."
    Viggo gave a genuine hearty chuckle, his eyes as alight with mischief as Irene's "I'm sure they will M'Lady, I'm sure they will. But, if M'Lady will forgive me, you expect too much from the men, expecting them to go and recognise culture when they see it!" He slapped his knee in mirth and leaned forwards conspiratorially, "Oh they love the more... raucous and bawdy tunes well enough, but if I ever try to play something more cultured, a ballad say.... well, if I'm honest, I suspect that most of these men are nothig but oafs!" He pulled away a mock look of shock upon his face.

Viggo took on a resigned expression and continued plaintively, "It's a curse really M'Lady, I'm circus trained you see, not just any old wandering string plucker. I can sing all the best ballads, recitce the Epics of Sigmar and Magnus in High Meter and perform illusion tricks to fool the eye and mind, and all these sword swingers want to hear is Old Molly's Apron! To tell the truth, I've been in the Reaches this past year and M'lady and M'Lord are the only people I've met who could appreciate culture. The whole place seems a little dull to me, nought to entertain oneself with but... war, if M'Lady will forgive me my humble opnion?"

OOC
    Show

I think I see where you're going with this and whilst Ilove it ... Viggo IC can and has been persuaded to write and perform the witty ditty about Elsa but there's also no way IC he wouldn't tell Sieghard of this encounter in full as soon as humanely possible, even if just to rub it in his face... 'Nuh see she speaks to me in private too nur nur!

Viggo will try a little Charm himself, he's trying to present his CV as favourably as possible and trying to subtlety suggest that the Sforza's might like to see his act.

Charm Test:
    FEL 48 - (1d100)[100]
    Re-Roll - (1d100)[74]

Last edited by Northern Lad; 2016-02-16 at 04:00 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard & Elsa

Spoiler
    Show
    "Hm," said Carraciolo. "Well. We'll see."

With nothing more to say, he headed off into the camp.

Viggo & Irene

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, there's nothing wrong with bawdy, is there?" asked Irene, seeming quite deaf to Viggo's hints. "Or raucous. That would be quite a good fit, wouldn't it, if she drinks as much as you say?"

She leant in, looking at Viggo as if sharing a confidence between friends. "I know what you mean, though. It's so dreadfully dull in these little border villages. Savonne's the only place with any real culture in these parts, and it's under the rule of that awful elf." She paused. "But don't be sad. Things are going to change very soon if Muzio has anything to do with it."

Rising from her seat, she headed back towards her horse and guards, stopping to give Viggo a cheery wave. "You will let me know when you've finished your song, won't you?" she called back. "I am so looking forward to hearing it."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Of course! Tell who you please. I'm about to advance a couple of days so you may have to squeeze it into a timesplit though.

Let me know how long Viggo takes to craft the song, and what exactly he puts in it. You don't have to write out a whole song if you don't want to, but something like the punchline for each verse would be good, just to get a feeling for it
    Last edited by LCP; 2016-02-16 at 05:46 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

"I'm beginning to tire of them speaking Tilean in front of me," Sieghard told Elsa once they had left and he was sure no one else was within earshot. "I killed his bloody orc and I lead his crossbowmen - I should be able to understand more than one word in ten he says."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't blame them," replied Elsa, "since you're the one refusing to learn the language. I picked it up on my own over time; I'm surprised you haven't."

She realized how rude that must have sounded. "...I can teach you, I guess?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

"If you're willing," Sieghard replied with a shrug. "But you're wrong about one thing," he added with a smirk "I did manage to learn a few words and phrases when I was working at the Serpent." After confirming again that none of Sforza's soldiers were close enough to overhear, he gave Elsa a sample of a few Tilean requests and suggestions he had picked up. However, it became quite clear he had no idea what he was saying when he promised to make Elsa forget every other woman she had been with. The effect was further ruined when he threatened that if she didn't have the floor clean within the hour, he would throw her back out on the streets where he had found her.

Spoiler
    Show
    I know you suggested avoiding the "other things" OOC... But Sieghard can't read the OOC thread and doesn't know that, so he's throwing in a charm test against a rather pitiful 15.
    (1d100)[98]

Well with lines like that, no one should be surprised.
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2016-02-16 at 06:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Wellentag, 16th Erntzeit

Most of the camp had spent Festag in a kind of tense idleness, waiting for any word from the Captain of their next move. The halflings hadn't yet returned, and in the meantime the grey weather continued, dampening everyone's spirits.

Sieghard spent the time beginning to pick up the rudiments of Tilean from Elsa, while Viggo split his time between pleading with Valdes to train him in swordsmanship and some new musical composition. The Estalian seemed rather too busy to indulge Viggo's requests, and most of his troops weren't conversant enough in Reikspiel to understand him - when Viggo drew and flourished his sword by way of a demonstration, they took it the wrong way and chased him out of their camp with rapiers draw.

Splitting his time between his friends and his lodgings at the chapel, Adelbert couldn't help but wonder at how well Ravenskird had survived its recent troubles. Brother Cesar seemed to take it all in stride. "This isn't the first time Ravenskird had changed hands," he said, with sanguine composure, "and it won't be the last."

Small boats were beginning to filter back into the docks, emerging from where they had been hiding in the marsh. It was on Wellentag afternoon, on his way back to the camp, that Ludo saw a familiar face - Captain Sandu of the Green Dragon, being frogmarched through the village by two of Valdes' Estalians. Following at a discreet distance, he saw the boat captain being marched through the army camp and straight to Sforza's tent.

Ten minutes later, Sforza emerged in a state of great agitation, shouting for Carraciolo and Al-Makir. Sieghard was sitting with Elsa, struggling to understand the strange words she was trying to teach him, when he heard the trumpets - the army was on the move again.

Tents vanished into overburdened wagons, men running this way and that as they raced to strike the camp in record time. A vanguard was forming up by the road, Makeda and Valdes assembling their troops as Gorg and his ogres lumbered up alongside them. Finding Carraciolo in the chaos, Elsa shouted after him to ask what was going on.

<Your peasant friend was right!> the commander of pikes shouted back, not stopping in his stride. <There's a bloody tunnel!>

In less than an hour, the vanguard was ready to depart. The drums had begun to beat when someone sighted small figures waving from the north approach - the Gamecocks, returning. Struggling up onto Bastard's back, Elsa rode eagerly up to hear the halflings' report.

"We found the camp," said Thistlewood, a little out of breath, "but there was no-one there. They've all packed up and left." He gestured to one of his archers, a halfling who looked decidedly damper than the rest. "Got Cobber here to swim the river, have a look at the diggings. Looks like they were definitely digging a shaft, right down into the rock - but it's collapsed."

<An accident?> asked Barbaro, leaning forward in the saddle. <They knew they would not have time to undo their mistake, so they abandoned their work.>

Sforza said nothing, but from his dark expression Elsa could tell he didn't give much credit to the priest's suggestion. Staring north for a good few seconds, he wrenched his horse around and gave the order for the vanguard to stand down.

<And bring me the doctor!> he shouted, riding back into the camp. As the frantic business of getting ready to march came to a halt around him, Irene watched her husband storm off with a confused expression on her face.

<Muzio?> she called, following hesitantly after him. <Muzio! What's going on?>

In an hour or two, as the sun set, the answer to her question became clear for the whole camp to see. It started as a faint, flickering light in the north, reflecting off the belly of the low clouds. Swiftly it grew, growing brighter as the last of the sunlight slipped away, until a great swathe of the northern horizon burned with a fierce orange glow. An immense curtain of smoke rose slanting to the east, rising so high it seemed to mingle with the clouds.

Watching from a hillock near the camp, some of the Thorns gazed awestruck at the distant fires. Goran gave a low whistle.

"Wouldn't like to inside those walls right now," he said.
    "Duke'll put it out," said Ingwald, with a man-of-the-world air. "Wouldn't want his new city burning down."
    "Looks like no-one told his men," was Gustaf's laconic reply. Lapsing into silence, the three of them resumed staring at the distant lights.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

19. - Top - End - #139

BlackDragon

Adelbert

Adelbert tried to make time with his friends. He was slightly hurt that Sieghard had not sought him out for Tilean lessons given his facility with the language, but consoled himself that a thug like Sforza would be too unsophisticated to understand the archaic and courtly Reman Tilean he had studied.

He was very eager to find out more about Irene Sforza, having seen her from a distance and badgered Viggo and Elsa for more gossip about the woman, though he was careful not to sound too fascinated to Elsa, knowing her grudge.

The one topic he was more concerned about was the tome they had recovered from the library. "But I have no more idea what to do with than you. I hate Sforza but I have to admit none of the other princes would be better with that power."

Wellentag, 16th Erntzeit

Adelbert was returning to the Shrine when he first heard the commotion and saw the glow to the North. For a moment he simply stood in the middle of the street as a whole range of expressions crossed his face: guilt, grief, horror... and relief.

Then he came to his senses and moved off towards the camp. He had to find his friends, any of them. All of them.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa just stared at Sieghard in confusion as he tried to seduce her in Tilean. "There's... a lot of work to do, my friend," she said dryly.

She spent the rest of the day teaching him basic sentences and common words in Tilean, steadfastly resisting his attempts to get her to unbuckle her belt. She was clearly preoccupied, and would often break off the lesson to go inquire about news from the scouts until both Sieghard and Sforza were thoroughly annoyed with her.

Wellentag, 16th Erntzeit

Elsa stood with the Iron Company and stared at the glowing horizon, her jaw clenched in quiet outrage. She felt she had been cheated of the glorious battle she had been anticipating. Any war they fought now would be one of attrition.

Well, she thought, I guess we're not marching tonight.

Her shoulders slumping dejectedly, she turned away. Time to put an end to her attempt at extended sobriety.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

<Your peasant friend was right! There's a bloody tunnel!>

"I understood <friend,>" Sieghard said, beaming. "What did he say?" It was a bit unsettling to see Sieghard so happy given the circumstances even if his grin did die the moment Elsa had translated.

Sieghard was watching the smoke rising from the north a small distance from where his men were standing. "Goran's right you know," he muttered to Viggo, clenching his fists. "What's going on in those walls right now is worse even than what the greenskins did in the Thornwood." His hands were shaking. "I told him," he said, "I told him the city would fall if he didn't hurry,"
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2016-02-16 at 09:02 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Ludo watched the fire and shivered. "But... Alvarr wants to be fair. He's all... chivalrous. He... he wouldn't set fire..."

His voice trailed off, and he shuddered.

23. - Top - End - #143

BlackDragon

Adelbert

Adelbert turned to Ludo, his eyes huge and dazed. Seeming to snap out of it he dragged the halfling to the side so they couldn't speak properly... and he wouldn't have to look at that dreadful sight.

"You're right, he wouldn't... but it was the Norscans who went through the tunnel and maybe the dwarves too. Wild men and grudgeholders. The only hope for the poor devils in Savonne is that Alvarr steps in. He is a very hard man but he's not wild and he believes in order... oh but it has been a long and brutal siege and there is a lot of blood that has been spilled."

Adelbert felt his cheeks feel wet and realised he was weeping. "Alvarr offered me the the high priesthood of Savonne... but.... but I think I should turn it down..."

With an effort he tried to pull himself together. "The others, let's find the others."

Try as he might he couldn't seem to stop crying.

24. - Top - End - #144

Festag, 15th Erntzeit

Sieghard & Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    When Sieghard returned from his meeting with the Capitano, he found Viggo waiting for him in the Thorns camp. The young lad was clearly impatient and was bouncing on his toes, desperate to talk to his grim faced friend. A broad grin split the lads face in half and a gleam in his eye made him seem almost like the Viggo who had been so full of enthusiasm prior to the attack on Painford and his loss.

"Irene Sforza came here... Looking for me Sieghard! For me! Said she remembered me from the Mitterfruhl festival she did, called me splendid and everything!" Viggo began pacing backwards and forwards, his words tripping over themselves to get out and gesticulating wildly, "She's so beautiful don't you think Sieghard and clever too? She wanted to hear me tell stories, mainly about Elsa, well only about Elsa... but she wanted to here me sing too, she asked me to make a song up about Elsa... and when I did." Viggo paused for dramatic effect, "She loved it Sieghard, loved it! She was roaring with laughter, you should have seen her, she asked me to finish the song as soon as I could so that she could hear the rest, she thinks I should play it to the men to cheer them up! If this goes well who knows what might happen, what if she wants me to be her court bard eh?!"

Not giving Sieghard much of chance to reply, Viggo swung his lute about and launched into song.

OOC

Show
    TheSummoner - The song is clearly about Elsa and is derogatory and poking fun at her, a witty ditty is what we've called it I believe. To help with your IC reaction although it is clear the song is taking the extreme p!ss out of Elsa, it is incredibly hilarious and probably one of the best things Sieghard has heard Viggo play ... (he rolled a natural 7)

Viggo unfortunately never stood a chance under Irene's manipulation!

LCP -

Spoiler: The Wizard Pie Shop Window
    Show

Best I can come up with on a short notice and as much as I'd love to spend a few days and nights agonising over this I think that this will serve for what you need? Maybe works better if we call this the chorus? The verses will all be of a similar nature, poking fun at her tattoo's, putting her into impossible farce like situations and always ending with her spells going wrong!

I sort of envisage everybody joining in to sing the last line / song title together....

It would take a couple of days of polish before Viggo was ready to perform it properly.

The Wizard in the Pie Shop Window

She shook her head and cursed aloud,
    Her temper famous, her shoulders proud,
    The baker cried and shrank from her glare,
    As a fierce light shone from her flaming red hair.

Eyes unfocused, and speech slurred,
    The Sorceress screeched, ‘This is absurd’.
    ‘I demand to be fed this very minute,
    Or your shop will burn with everyone in it’.

Aghast, the shopkeeper did begin to shake,
    And trembling, he began to bake.
    Flour, yeast, water, now kneading,
    The Witch was hungry and wanted feeding.

She was in her cups so quick to ire,
    And prone to killing things with fire.
    The Baker baked and other men fled,
    Though one she stopped, to take to bed.

The pastry was ready, this terror over,
    It’s smell was pleasant unlike her aroma.
    The Baker learned to spare some dough,
    For the Wizard in the Pie Shop Window.

Wellentag, 16th Erntzeit

Viggo Hirtzel

"What's going on in those walls right now is worse even than what the greenskins did in the Thornwood." His hands were shaking. "I told him," he said, "I told him the city would fall if he didn't hurry,"
    Viggo's cheeks paled as he thought back to that dreadful evening at the Thornwood farmstead, it was odd to see his normally unshakable commander so ill at ease, he placed a hand on Sieghards' shoulder as he spoke. "What will happen now Sieghard? Will the Capitano still want to move on Savonne if it has already fallen?" Viggo wasn't entirely sure what this meant for them, all he knew was that the orange glow that lit up the night sky filled him with dread and not wonder. "We're not going to start a siege are we?" Viggo didn't like that idea one little bit.
    Last edited by Northern Lad; 2016-02-17 at 08:30 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

"We're not going to start a siege are we?"

"Don't be ridiculous," said Elsa grimly, heading their way. "They outnumber us. No way we can lay siege on them. We'll have to wait for the coalition to fray; they've lost their purpose now, and they'll be fighting over the spoils."

Sforza would no doubt help them along; he was a schemer, that one.

"Anyone seen Adelbert? I'd like to talk to him."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

26. - Top - End - #146

BlackDragon

Adelbert

Adelbert did not dare go into camp himself but he wasn't making himself hard to find, having sought a proper view of what was going on. He was standing around with Ludo, somewhat aimlessly, waiting for the rest of his friends.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like I said Adelbert is not going to blithely stroll into Sforza's camp but Elsa should be able to find him quickly.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard & Viggo - 15th Erntzeit

Spoiler
    Show
    Despite his best efforts, Sieghard couldn't suppress a smirk... The song was hilarious.

"You'd be smart to never let Elsa hear you play that," he told Viggo once the song was over. "She might not find it as funny as everyone else does."

16th Erntzeit

"What will happen now Sieghard? Will the Capitano still want to move on Savonne if it has already fallen? We're not going to start a siege are we?"

"I don't know what the captain plans to do," Sieghard said.

"Anyone seen Adelbert? I'd like to talk to him."

"I think I saw him near the shrine earlier," he replied. "Where he is now, I don't know, but we can find him."
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2016-02-17 at 09:34 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa walked over to Adelbert, her face stormy. The scribe had plenty of time to see her coming and to worry about what this was about.

"There you are. You said there was a priest in Savonne who might help us about the book. Well, this changes things." She stared grimly at the horizon to the north. "Savonne will reopen when things have settled down... but even if the priest survives this night, there is no way - no way - I'm bringing the book into Alvarr's territory."
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2016-02-17 at 09:40 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

29. - Top - End - #149

BlackDragon

Adelbert

Adelbert all but flinched at the mention of the priest. He looked in a bad way, his cheeks still stained with tears.

"Yes... yes I agree. It's clear to me now it was a terrible mistake to go into that library. We'll have to do something else with the book." He seemed to gain more control of himself. "I know Sforza had Kheneb-Ptra-Urush sealed but if it is beyond us to destroy the thing, and we can't trust any living being with it, then perhaps Meskhenet...?"

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

"Could tell us how to destroy it," Sieghard said, completing Adelbert's sentence for him. "I wouldn't trust the book in the undead's care any more than I would in the daemon's."
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2016-02-17 at 09:50 AM.