New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing X: Bard is not a valid choice

* May never again play a bard who casts sanctuary every combat and sings a narrative song of what is happening around him.
    * May never again play a half orc barbarian who carries a barstool and asks every npc too read it too him.

2. - Top - End - #272

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing X: Bard is not a valid choice

*Cannot thunderstone the parties rogue everytime he attempts too steal something( even if my paladdin thinks its totally justifiable). apparently its a d*** move.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

*I may no longer, nor never, make a World of Darkness character based on, inspired by, or from Welcome to Night Vale.
    Awesome avatar by linklele
    "The Barrier World" Google Doc
    A post-post apocalyptic steampunk magitech Pathfinder setting.
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome avatar by Akrim.elf and Ceika

4. - Top - End - #274
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silus View Post
    *I may no longer, nor never, make a World of Darkness character based on, inspired by, or from Welcome to Night Vale.
    **I cannot make a campaign based, or inspire or even vaguely related to Welcome to Night Vale.
    ***Can not also reveal it to be an SCP campaign
    ****The Wanderer's Library isn't also L Space and the Library of Babel
    *****The supernatural things in the world are not explained by Magical Realism
    ******Even if that's more realistic and sustainable then the Masquerade.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Colossus in the Playground

If at any point in time it would be most accurate to measure my melee range in astronomical units, I stop counting as human-sized unless I've got a very good explanation.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

* The BBEG is to never again be a redeemable CG Bard
    ** Especially if have a colorful band of individualistic followers loyal to him due to his incredibly high charisma
    *** Extra double especially if there is one traitor amongst them that is a NE only out for their own gain but lies to seem like she is selfless
    **** The BBEG is especially not a bard with a pink mohawk and a famous celebrity
    ***** and his final form is not disco clothes and a rainbow mohawk while the moon is turned into a disco ball
    ****** his followers cannot be any of the following: the worst singer in the world, a soda connoisseur, a violinist with a incredibly long name who insists upon always be referred to it in full, a rock'n'roll barbarian, a crazy drug dealer, a priest who worships every single religion that ever exists, explosive graffiti artists, a break-dance martial artist, two lesbian skater chicks, a psychopathic yandere fan girl of the BBEG that he himself fears
    ******* seriously was I on drugs when I made this arc?
    ******** The only drug I am on is IMAGINATION!
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

It was a good arc!

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    * The BBEG is to never again be a redeemable CG Bard
    ** What part of Big Bad Evil Guy do you not understand?
    *** The Evil part, of course!

****** explosive graffiti artists
    ******* Cannot claim they are the pinnacle of Explosive Runes.

* The cupid I'm designing cannot shoot arrows that deal actual damage, and rely on direct-to-the-heart pain to somehow trick unfortunate receivers into thinking they've fallen in love.
    ** Cupid arrows cannot rely on video game health (points) just to avoid killing receivers.
    *** This is not how you subvert One True Love.
    **** This is also not how you deal with being at the bottom of the previous page.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

*This does not happen everytime my cleric casts a spell.
    ** Not even if he's a cleric of Thor.
    ***Still no if he's also dwarven.

*I am not to try and make an excuse for why i'm stealing a mace in a danganronpa based setting.
    **I do not need the mace to smash my potato chips into a smoothie.
    ***Especially if I begin loudly smashing the chips at 4AM and wake the other 6 who were still asleep.
    ****I do not know the exact height, blood-type, body sizes, age, and occupation of someone by licking the blood off of their footprint.
    *****Especially if it's someone else's blood.
    I don't think I need the padding anymore, posts seem generally longer now.
    Yolo. The uneducated brother of Carpe Diem.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Spamalot in the Playground

* I am no longer allowed to lose an argument against my reflection.
    ** Even if he has a good argument, Timing is not 9/10th the law. That's Possession.
    *** No, being possessed by the Mesopotamian deity Tiamat doesn't count.
    **** My reflection is no longer allowed to make shipping suggestions for my character.
    ***** At no point do I succeed in throwing my reflection out of the kitchen, even if I nat-20 the grapple check.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    ***** At no point do I succeed in throwing my reflection out of the kitchen, even if I nat-20 the grapple check.
    ****** No sexist jokes regarding the kitchen.
    ******* How would that even make sense?
    Last edited by goto124; 2016-03-18 at 05:00 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    ****** No sexist jokes regarding the kitchen.
    ****** Cannot tell women to get out of the kitchen.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

*May no longer run shirtless to the action, because i just woke up
    **May no longer upon seeing a child severely injured tie him to my dragon and send it to his parents
    ***then carry his dog back on foot
    ****while still shirtless and now covered in child & dog blood
    *****then run off to chase their attackers
    ***** *God D*** IT put a shirt on
    The first rule of gaming, before you have even chosen the game is and always should be

HAVE FUN

(FUN being defined as it is in dwarf fortress)

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

* When playing a low Dexterity character cannot attempt to charge across the table and the leap and break the door.
    ** When the engineer comes along and lifts the false door away from the wall cannot charge back across the table to try and break the other door.
    *** Cannot come to the conclusion 'why take a hammer and overconfidence if you're not going to hammer the thermite-covered door?'

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

15. - Top - End - #285

From a game basd on Soul Eater

*If at any point in time my character can answer the question "what happens if a Demon Weapon eats 100 evil witch souls" with "me," he's retired.
    **Assuming it does anything.
    ***If anything, it would just make him a Death Scythe.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

*May no longer kill the CR 17 BBEG at level 4, solo. (this actually happened.)

*May no longer play gnomes with illusions spells.
    **This now also extends to evocation spells.
    ***Any spellcasting gnome is vetoed.

*Not allowed to fluff the bards vicious mockery as describing all the horrible tortures he is going to do to his enemy.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Warforged don't exist in the setting used, so:

* My Oath of Devotion Paladin cannot be a 35 year of prematurely graying veteran of several wars.
    ** Despite all this he cannot have the personality of a knight in shining armour.
    *** He did not disown his own family to join the army and fight in defence of his country.
    **** Cannot have a character description that details the gauntlet on his shield and the polished shine of his armour.

Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart View Post
    *May no longer run shirtless to the action, because i just woke up
    ** Must not assume you were shirtless OOCly.
    *** May not ask how your groupmates would react if you attended game sessions shirtless.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    *** He did not disown his own family to join the army and fight in defence of his country.
    *** Cannot ask if you meant "parents and siblings" or "spouse and children".

† I somehow considered the possibility of this character having a husband.
    Last edited by goto124; 2016-03-19 at 03:21 AM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    *** Cannot ask if you meant "parents and siblings" or "spouse and children".

† I somehow considered the possibility of this character having a husband.
    **** May not reply 'parents and siblings, he's not interested enough for the latter'.

Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

* I may not spam shield other on the entire party so they can survive certain doom at my expense.
    ** "I can only do it once" has not been a valid justification for this kind of tactic ever since Bugs Bunny overdid it.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2016-03-19 at 07:57 AM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

* The army is assumed to carry more weaponry than just spears, arquebuses, and daggers.
    ** Because the PCs would like to beat a group of soldiers at some point.
    *** Cannot respond to this by having a group of Royal Halberdiers come to the city.
    **** What part of 'king's elite Halberd users' does not imply 'able to beat a PC one on one'?
    ***** The PC mage should not be taken out of the fight by a few spells from an Inquisitor.
    ****** When planning Anima: Beyond Fantasy sessions I must remember that my groups don't optimise.

Show

22. - Top - End - #292

AssassinGuy

*My halfling at no point should become the arm wrestling champion of the world.......

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

* No matter what the rules say, I cannot combine Ki Attacks and arquebus fire.
    ** Especially if all my Ki Attacks only increase my weapon's accuracy and damage.
    *** There are no secret schools of Technicians who religiously train with firearms.
    **** If they did they'd use pistols!

* Cannot point out the logistical problems with dual-wielding matchlock pistols.

* If my solution to every problem is to engage at maximum range the GM will confiscate my arquebus.

Show

24. - Top - End - #294

Freeform game set in the Exalted setting using a combination of 2E and 3E fluff.

*As a lunar, I can learn all of the natural abilities of my animal form and all of the magic tricks a Solar could teach them if I train the form hard enough. I can not, however, train my raptor form so that it might breath underwater.
    **While I may,. if I so cheese, become a chimera, I can not just graft the traits of literally every creature/monster/muant I eat onto my Totemic form just so I don't have to train up more than one form.
    ***At no point can I be more of an eldritch Abomination than the Raksha Noble going on 2E fluff.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

* every wall does not contain a " hidden doorway yearning to break free of it's cruel brick and mortar shackles"
    ** it i choose to believe that this is the case it makes me a vandal not a freedom fighter
    ***I may not play a barbarian who is addicted to powdered drink mixes
    ****I am not the kool aid man and may not enter buildings in this fashion.

* I do not get xp for killing the moment
    ** nor for killing the joke

*Before attempting to pick a lock I should check to see if the door is actually locked
    **and that there is a door there
    ***no a door does not magically appear and open just because I rolled a nat twenty trying to lockpick the solid brick wall

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by eru001 View Post

* I do not get xp for killing the moment
    ** nor for killing the joke
    ***If my humorless, straight-laced cleric has just defeated an evil jester via an unexpected crit with a warhammer, may not quip "Well, you all know how I can kill a joke."
    Last edited by JAL_1138; 2016-03-21 at 10:42 AM.
    Spoiler: Playground Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Sword View Post
    JAL_1138: Founding Member of the Paranoid Adventurer's Guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    - If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Firbolg in the Playground

* May not begin any sentences with 'Now that the tarantula is going 92 miles per hour...'
    ** Nor 'Well, if I turn into a land orca...'
    *** Cannot turn into a magical liopleurodon to mess with some unicorns
    **** My Druid is banned from using Boots of Striding and Springing.

* Not allowed to turn bear-sized 92 mile per hour tarantulas into the world's first overnight shipping company.
    ** Even if I plan to make a killing on muffing delivery.
    *** Especially then.
    **** No longer allowed to host spider bake sales
    ***** The DM has not played Undertale; Muffet references are lost on him.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

****** This is not how you convince the DM to play Undertale.
    ******* Do you still want your game to continue, or distract the DM with Undertale?

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

********I should not invert this situation - as in, be the DM when I know non of my fellow players know squat about Undertale, then riddle the world with references.
    *********Especially if I know the PC's are going to murderhobo their way through the world, allowing me to effectively recreate a Genocide route.
    **********Making the first actual threat they face be a spear-wielding Paladin (of Freedom) fish-woman with Battle Against a True Hero as her theme song is not a homage, it's just ripping off the game.
    ***********If the final boss is an uber-powered (and cheating) skeleton, he should not have any levels of Paladin himself.
    ************I cannot do this just to describe his Aura of Good as the party "feeling their sins crawling on their back," no matter how awesome it would be.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

* Halfway through the session is not the best time to reveal that my Cleric hasn't memorised Cure Wounds.
    ** Especially when the party asked for a healer.
    *** Cannot ask how I'll cast buffs if all my slots are used for Cure Wounds.
    **** May not cast Ray of Enfeeblement on the Barbarian for stealing my sandwich.

Show