New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing X: Bard is not a valid choice

* May not make villains inspired by creepypastas
    ** Especially "The song and dance man"
    *** Absolutely not if it would cause nightmares in several of the adult players
    **** And even if I do, never may I play quiet instrumental music on a loop as I describe the horror.
    Your friendly neighbourhood sniperman.
    My controversial opinions:
    • I like blue souls.
    • Alignment isn't terrible.

My Homebrew: Feng Shui; Magic in Zones, Plus others I'm not particularly proud of rn.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing X: Bard is not a valid choice

* May not pay the fire giant we just encountered a large sum of gold to chase down and capture the parties wizard who ran away in fear.
    * Especially not if I just intend to kill the giant as soon as I have my wizard back.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*If I ever come into possession of a Deck of Many Things, the DM does not expect me to immediately encase it in solid lead and chuck it into the ocean.
    **Even if it's the only safe thing to do.
    Spoiler: Playground Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Sword View Post
    JAL_1138: Founding Member of the Paranoid Adventurer's Guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    - If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JAL_1138 View Post
    *If I ever come into possession of a Deck of Many Things, the DM does not expect me to immediately encase it in solid lead and chuck it into the ocean.
    **Even if it's the only safe thing to do.
    ***May not suggest that you're only throwing it into the ocean to try and get the sea monsters to start drawing cards.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

5. - Top - End - #935
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fable Wright View Post
    ***May not suggest that you're only throwing it into the ocean to try and get the sea monsters to start drawing cards.
    ****It should keep them occupied while they try to get through the lead brick, then take out a few of them.
    Show

- If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

6. - Top - End - #936

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fable Wright View Post
    ****Cthullu is not allowed to draw from a deck of many things.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rerem115 View Post
    ****Cthullu is not allowed to draw from a deck of many things.
    *****May not speculate that Cthulhu slumbers in sunken R'Lyeh because he drew the Donjon card.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

8. - Top - End - #938
    Bugbear in the Playground

* Being cuter will not make monsters hit me less hard.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Bugbear in the Playground

*if I ever regain my called shot privileges, the acceptable phrasing is "I make a called shot to the groin" not "I kick him square in the nads."
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Titan in the Playground

* May not abuse shapeable effects to burn messages into skyscrapers.
    ** If I need to send a message, I must either buy or borrow a phone.
    *** May not use extra effort just to burn a mark onto the body of every supervillian we defeat. I can just take an alternate effect or a one point feature.

* May not heat the air around myself just to save money on heating the base.

* May not burn a hole into the window just to avoid being seen entering the team headquarters.
    ** May not request that a window be left open just for this reason, I can get in via the roof like all the other fliers (EDIT: literally 3/4 of the team has bought flight, and the fourth can probably jump up, we only need a lift so the staff can get in).
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2016-10-04 at 04:33 PM.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Spamalot in the Playground

* Curmudgeon is an attitude, not the source of my stat buffs.
    ** My character cannot have a +5 bonus to magical identification checks just because his wife is a unicorn.
    *** I may no longer have Dispelling Head-Slap of Parental Authority as an Extraordinary ability.
    **** Leomund's Tiny Hut's is not to be used for grounding other party members for misbehaving.
    ***** I'm also not allowed to Disjunction magical effects with my fist.
    ****** I'm banned from creating the character class "Papa Wolf".
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    ** My character cannot have a +5 bonus to magical identification checks just because his wife is a unicorn.
    *** Must check which game Digo is talking about before replacing 'wife' with 'fiancée'.

* There is no reason for any of my characters to say "you and your heteronormative assumptions..."

13. - Top - End - #943
    Titan in the Playground

* There is no legitimate reason for our characters to comment on who's playing them in the in-universe out-of-universe movie.
    ** Or the cartoon for that matter.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

14. - Top - End - #944

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    *** Must check which game Digo is talking about before replacing 'wife' with 'fiancée'.
    It's an older version of the character you're thinking about. One that has now been married for years and raised three kids (two are old enough to leave the nest).

* There is no reason for any of my characters to say "you and your heteronormative assumptions..."
    Well it's correct in this specific case.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    * There is no legitimate reason for our characters to comment on who's playing them in the in-universe out-of-universe movie.
    ** Or the cartoon for that matter.
    *** What about the Broadway play?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #945
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*If my Bard is outdamaging the Fighter, and has the same AC, something has gone horribly wrong.
    **The two levels of Paladin don't mean something hasn't gone horribly wrong.
    ***It hurts the Goliath's pride when the Half-Elf hits harder in melee.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

16. - Top - End - #946
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

leave the nest).
    * Earth ponies do not live in nests.
    ** Pegasi do not live in nests.
    *** Pegasi do not have elaborate courting rituals involving the building of nests.

Well it's correct in this specific case.
    It wasn't supposed to be related to the pony family. I'd meant more generally - for example, when someone is surprised at the idea of girls being attracted to other girls. These days, I would be surprised at that someone's surprise, if that makes sense

I'll have to wait for an appropriate moment to pop that phrase again, but I don't want to stomp over the experiences of other players... looks like I have to be patient.
    Last edited by goto124; 2016-10-04 at 10:21 PM.

17. - Top - End - #947

*If my Bard is outdamaging the Fighter, and has the same AC, something has gone horribly wrong.
    ** You're probably playing D&D 3.x

*** Pegasi do not have elaborate courting rituals involving the building of nests.
    **** So that's not what they meant by a 'nest egg'? :3

It wasn't supposed to be related to the pony family. I'd meant more generally - for example, when someone is surprised at the idea of girls being attracted to other girls. These days, I would be surprised at that someone's surprise, if that makes sense
    That makes sense, yeah.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #948
    Titan in the Playground

* May not give my superhero shipping based powers.
    ** Even if all I can do with it is set people up with the partner I prefer, Mind Control is still unethical.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2016-10-05 at 07:38 AM.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Titan in the Playground

These days, I would be surprised at that someone's surprise, if that makes sense .
    So that's a thing now?!
    Huh.....
    Well that explains so much!
    KIDDING!

20. - Top - End - #950
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

** You're probably playing D&D 3.x
    5e, actually, but I took 2 levels of Paladin, so I can Smite.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

21. - Top - End - #951
    Titan in the Playground

* Telekinesis is not a valid reason to dump Strength.
    ** 'The ability to levitate several battleships at once' is not a valid reason to drop Strength.
    *** If I am able to casually levitate the city into orbit I have enough ranks in Telekinesis (we worked out that you could probably do it with somewhere between 37 and 40 ranks, but you'd need some way to keep it all together).
    **** Superman is not to be considered a 'mildly above average' example of strength.

* Cannot take lyrics from The Hero as my complications.
    ** 'Power, get the power' is not a valid motivation.

Show

22. - Top - End - #952

Flumph

*I will discourage players from solving all problems (even basic social ones) with large amounts of fire and/or violence
    **Especially if I'm the DM

23. - Top - End - #953
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyPenguin View Post
    *I will discourage players from solving all problems (even basic social ones) with large amounts of fire and/or violence
    **Especially if I'm the DM
    *May not claim that any problem is solvable with enough explosives in the right place.
    **It may not be a good solution, but the problem in question will cease to matter.
    ***Or, with enough explosives of sufficient power, cease to be matter.
    **** "It worked for Old Man Henderson" is not a valid justification for anything.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

24. - Top - End - #954

Flumph

**** "It worked for Old Man Henderson" is not a valid justification for anything everything.
    Fixed this for you.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    So that's a thing now?!
    Huh.....
    Well that explains so much!
    KIDDING!
    * Must not fail to get the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    **** Superman is not to be considered a 'mildly above average' example of strength.
    ***** Cannot ask "which version of Superman?"

26. - Top - End - #956
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

* If at any point, while talking on character, I perform more than one JoJo-dachi per word, my JoJo-dachi privileges will be revoked.
    ** When the above happens, I should get an appointment with a chiropractor.

Related to the above:

* Any character concept involving four or more of the following is vetoed: Futurama, JoJo's Bizarre Adventures, Bobobo, Steven's Universe, MLP, TFS, Ghostbusters, Accountants, Phoenix Wright, Legal Consultants, Scientists.
    ** Any character concept involving three or less of the above will be heavily examined before it is accepted.
    *** If at any point a character involving three or less of the above starts making references to other materials of the above list, I should not be surprised when bad things start happening.

27. - Top - End - #957

ElfRangerGuy

*Not allowed to base a character off Katia Managan
    **Or gro-Upp
    ***Especially not Asotil
    ****Not allowed to reference Prequel any more.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Orc in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

smile Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing X: Bard is not a valid choice

*Not allowed to romance Lamashtu.
    **Or Lolth.
    ***Romancing chaotic evil goddesses is strictly forbidden.
    ****Not allowed to romance eldritch abominations to skirt around the previous rulings.

*Not allowed to turn Forgotten Realms into Eberron
    **Not allowed to turn Eberron into Dark Sun
    ***If I'm using a campaign setting it may not crossover with another temporally.
    ****Even if it makes more sense than the established timeline.
    Professional Sorcerer Advocate.

Winner of the Base Class Contest XXXX 'Happy Little Accidents'
    Winning Entry: The Antiquarian (Artifacts, Options).
    Runner Up for Base Class Context XXXXI 'It's In Our Nature'
    Entry: The Egregore (Vermin Companion)

29. - Top - End - #959
    Titan in the Playground

* May not spend a hero point to cut off the villain's cloak.

* Yes, I can take 'prone to collateral damage' as a complication.
    ** Yes, I can also have 'flair for the dramatic' as one.
    *** Dramatically causing collateral damage does not get me two Hero Points.

* May not name my drones after the other players.
    ** The solution to my slow movement speed is not 'Geoff the travel drone', who carries people and objects to their destination.
    *** Especially when I have a motorbike.

* May not be so vain that I constantly control the flow of my hair and cape via telekinesis.

Show

30. - Top - End - #960
    Orc in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

smile Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing X: Bard is not a valid choice

One for Dragonlance.

*Even if it's true to the books, my neutral evil elf cannot be the most level headed member of our party.
    Professional Sorcerer Advocate.

Winner of the Base Class Contest XXXX 'Happy Little Accidents'
    Winning Entry: The Antiquarian (Artifacts, Options).
    Runner Up for Base Class Context XXXXI 'It's In Our Nature'
    Entry: The Egregore (Vermin Companion)