New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Year of the Yuri harem IC 12: Dodecimating our foes.

Trevor made his way through the hall, glad he'd managed to get his costume pieces back from Jess (not to mention her number, for future conversations). Unfortunately, it turned out that the "reenactment" portion of events was more focused around mech combat, which he wasn't exactly prepared for. Wrestling with his conscience, he made his way around, looking for somebody he might be able to replace without anybody noticing. After a minute or so of searching, he found the perfect target: a scrawny little slip of a high school dude with one of the more complete costumes...and he was heading into the restroom. Trevor followed him in, with ill intentions...

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Dude would have to take it off to use the restroom, at least partially, and Trevor could probably beat him up and take his costume pretty easily (assuming he can avoid witnesses).

Conflict: Strong Roll +1, Bruiser +2, Sanguine Kiss +2; Total +5

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Taika didn't like to get involved with most of the drama, but that was hopefully over, and she could get back to what she was good at: cheering on her friends. "You gals look great out there!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Allure (+1), Witch (+2)
    Unfortunately you can't quite make yourself heard over the din of the steam motors.

As the combat comes to an end, and points are tallied. Do you go to Jen, or Agatha first?

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    In the audience with her friends, Tanya actually had little idea what she was watching. The War of 1812 was one of those parts of history that was just barely well-known enough for her to have heard of it, but not famous enough for her to remember or care much about it. Still, couldn't go wrong with cheering for the Americans, right?

“Yeah, kick some a** out there guys!” she shouted. “Awesome mech-suits!” Actually, a lot of them were pretty silly looking in her eyes – seriously, who actually thought big robo-suits could run on steam power? – but Jen and Agatha seemed to be getting pretty into this, so she’d keep that opinion to herself. Them having fun was more important than her being honest.

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Strong Allure +1, +1 Boyish Charm, +2 Poker Face = +4 total.
    Unfortunately you can't quite make yourself heard over the din of the steam motors.

As the combat comes to an end, and points are tallied. Do you go to Jen, or Agatha first?

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Mallory, of course, would never get involved in a mecha fight herself, even a pretend one like this. However, Agatha was, so Mallory (after putting a bit of pressure on the event coordinators) managed to get herself into the reenactment in the role of a 'repair mechanic'. Though due to her outfit only looking Victorian without any sort of 'steampunk' additions, they had made her wear a pair of rather clunky brass goggles in order to make her fit in with the other mechanics better. Mallory found them to be rather uncomfortable herself, constantly readjusting them on her forehead when she wasn't busy with something else, but it was a small price to pay in order to put herself in the prime position to dispense some advice to her friend.

"Okay, you're doing great so far," she said as she patched up a broken area of Agatha's 'suit', "I know their shock troops look intimidating, but the one with the pinup girl painted on the side appears to have put more work into appearances than stability. I noticed that he's trying not to move the left arm too much, and it's rather shaky when he does. One solid blow should knock it off, and with how massive he made his costume it should knock him off balance if you hit him on the right afterwords. And the girl in the green mech seems new to this, as she's wandering around the stage rather aimlessly and just trying not to get hit. She shouldn't put up much of a fight if you can get to her. Oh, and here's some water. You need to stay hydrated if you don't want to overheat in that thing. Unless you got the amulet I made you for Christmas on, of course, but it's still good to keep yourself hydrated, especially since the majority of the others seem to be running off of soda. Now get out there and show them what you're made of!"

Spoiler: roll
    Show
    Strong Skill (+1), Connections (+2), +3 total.
    Thanks to your stage momming, Agatha is able to utterly disable one of the mechs, by breaking the arm, and throwing it to the ground. The stabilizers in the mech prevented the operator from having any injuries.

At the end of the combat, Agatha glomps you. "That was amazing, Mal!"

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Trevor made his way through the hall, glad he'd managed to get his costume pieces back from Jess (not to mention her number, for future conversations). Unfortunately, it turned out that the "reenactment" portion of events was more focused around mech combat, which he wasn't exactly prepared for. Wrestling with his conscience, he made his way around, looking for somebody he might be able to replace without anybody noticing. After a minute or so of searching, he found the perfect target: a scrawny little slip of a high school dude with one of the more complete costumes...and he was heading into the restroom. Trevor followed him in, with ill intentions...

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Dude would have to take it off to use the restroom, at least partially, and Trevor could probably beat him up and take his costume pretty easily (assuming he can avoid witnesses).

Conflict: Strong Roll +1, Bruiser +2, Sanguine Kiss +2; Total +5
    Trevor manages to loot his rewards from the young nerd. In his costume, and with his experience at actual combat, he is able to lead their team to victory.

Jen throws her arms around you.

Where did you even get that? She asks you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis Dread View Post
    Being at the pool with P'ro'shi always made her a little nostalgic. At the time the day she ended up throwing her in the pool to regenerate had been incredibly traumatic. And... it still was. But all in all she would call the day slightly more good than bad given that she had ended up with a much stronger and more intimate relationship with both P'ro'shi and Luna at the end of it. Being afraid of water was a small price to pay for that, and even that was much better now days.

Of course she still wasn't comfortable enough to swim. But sitting near the edge of the pool was now pleasant and comfortable instead of sending chills down her spine at the idea of so much water being so close.

Spoiler
    Show

Neutral Luck
    Still an issue huh? Luna asks you mournfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    P'ro'shi similarly find the nice experience of getting to swim without having to worry about improving her own times. And with mostly the 3 of them, it's even nice and calm. Thus, she's more content to swim around in little loops, glad to not have to be worrying about laps speed.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Week Luck
    Unfortunately, one of your tentacles seems to have a mind of it's own, slipping away from you as you near Luna, you can feel it snag off her top. With a startled yelp, she covers her chest instinctly, before turning to you with a grin.

Eager aren't we? She teases arms falling to her side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

"Heh, you looked pretty good out there," Taika says to Jen as she heads down to see the girl.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Trevor manages to loot his rewards from the young nerd. In his costume, and with his experience at actual combat, he is able to lead their team to victory.

Jen throws her arms around you.

Where did you even get that? She asks you.
    Grinning wildly as the last vestiges of adrenaline coursed through his system, Trevor returned his friends hug with one of his own. "Funny story. Originally, I was going to try and get in as a tactical officer or a mechanic or something, but it turns out that one of the really involved mecha guys had some bad sushi or something, and was in the restroom for nearly a full hour. He'd been working on this costume for so long, that they didn't want it to go to waste...and it turns out I was close enough to his size to fit inside, so I stepped in for him." A concerned look crossed his face. "I should probably check on him soon, if only to give him his costume back; it's been quite some time, and...well, I can't imagine walking around in this thing all day. Best to get out of it soon, before I start sweating up a storm."

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #125

"Heh, you looked pretty good out there," Taika says to Jen as she heads down to see the girl.
    Oh hey, Takia! Jen said brightly before frowning.

I know I saw you cheering... But I really couldn't hear it. I'm sorry.

Grinning wildly as the last vestiges of adrenaline coursed through his system, Trevor returned his friends hug with one of his own. "Funny story. Originally, I was going to try and get in as a tactical officer or a mechanic or something, but it turns out that one of the really involved mecha guys had some bad sushi or something, and was in the restroom for nearly a full hour. He'd been working on this costume for so long, that they didn't want it to go to waste...and it turns out I was close enough to his size to fit inside, so I stepped in for him." A concerned look crossed his face. "I should probably check on him soon, if only to give him his costume back; it's been quite some time, and...well, I can't imagine walking around in this thing all day. Best to get out of it soon, before I start sweating up a storm."
    You'd think they'd make it out of cooler materials then. So that you don't pass out in battle. Jen muses.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

You'd think they'd make it out of cooler materials then. So that you don't pass out in battle. Jen muses.
    Trevor shrugged, his wide smile still plastered on. "Probably. Hell, for all I know, this thing has a button somewhere that starts the air conditioning and I just haven't found it yet," he joked.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2016-03-07 at 04:38 PM.

My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #127

Trevor shrugged, his wide smile still plastered on. "Probably. Hell, for all I know, this thing has a button somewhere that starts the air conditioning and I just haven't found it yet," he joked.
    Just do what I do, and press random buttons till one of them works. Jen replies the joke flying over her head.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Just do what I do, and press random buttons till one of them works. Jen replies the joke flying over her head.
    Trevor chuckled; he had forgotten how oblivious Jen could be sometimes. "Maybe not the best idea. Knowing my luck, one of the other buttons causes triggers Transformers mode and turns into a car about half my size...which is unlikely to be very comfortable. Nah, best to just return it to them before too much longer, regardless of any possible air conditioning. Of course, maybe there's a manual or something in one of these compartments that could tell me..." he trailed off into a mutter. As he dug through the various compartments, he asked "I know Agatha's probably done stuff like this before; have you done this kind of stuff often?"

My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #129

Trevor chuckled; he had forgotten how oblivious Jen could be sometimes. "Maybe not the best idea. Knowing my luck, one of the other buttons causes triggers Transformers mode and turns into a car about half my size...which is unlikely to be very comfortable. Nah, best to just return it to them before too much longer, regardless of any possible air conditioning. Of course, maybe there's a manual or something in one of these compartments that could tell me..." he trailed off into a mutter. As he dug through the various compartments, he asked "I know Agatha's probably done stuff like this before; have you done this kind of stuff often?"
    First time. Jen admits.

It was really fun! She replies enthusiastically.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

First time. Jen admits.

It was really fun! She replies enthusiastically.
    "That it was," Trevor agreed with a contented sigh. "Hopefully the next time I attend something like this, I'll have my own costume, rather than having to borrow from others so much. I've already started, after all," he added, holding up his watch.

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #131

"That it was," Trevor agreed with a contented sigh. "Hopefully the next time I attend something like this, I'll have my own costume, rather than having to borrow from others so much. I've already started, after all," he added, holding up his watch.
    How much do you think it'll set you back? Jen asks curious.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

How much do you think it'll set you back? Jen asks curious.
    Trevor shrugged. "Dunno. Depends on where I get stuff, probably...and when. Like, when I borrowed the belt from that dude, he was talking about how this kind of stuff always gets more expensive around con time, especially at the convention itself. He mentioned that there were some thrift shops that keep old Halloween from forever ago that are still in pretty good shape, so that's probably pretty cheap; if I can find some kind of snazzy leather longcoat or something, it'd be a decent start. Something like this, though..." he gestured to the mecha suit, "Hell if I know, but it can't be cheap. I was talking with a buddy back in...well, anyway, before he got locked up, he was really into some of the crafting stuff, making chainmail by hand and stuff like that. If I picked up the skills for something like that, the materials would be affordable enough, but it would take a lot of time to make."

"All in all, I'm probably gonna stick with thrift store stuff, or anything good I can find online for cheap. Better to start small, I think, until I've got a bit more disposable income to work with."

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #133

Trevor shrugged. "Dunno. Depends on where I get stuff, probably...and when. Like, when I borrowed the belt from that dude, he was talking about how this kind of stuff always gets more expensive around con time, especially at the convention itself. He mentioned that there were some thrift shops that keep old Halloween from forever ago that are still in pretty good shape, so that's probably pretty cheap; if I can find some kind of snazzy leather longcoat or something, it'd be a decent start. Something like this, though..." he gestured to the mecha suit, "Hell if I know, but it can't be cheap. I was talking with a buddy back in...well, anyway, before he got locked up, he was really into some of the crafting stuff, making chainmail by hand and stuff like that. If I picked up the skills for something like that, the materials would be affordable enough, but it would take a lot of time to make."

"All in all, I'm probably gonna stick with thrift store stuff, or anything good I can find online for cheap. Better to start small, I think, until I've got a bit more disposable income to work with."
    Yeah. I imagine chainmail would take forever to make. All those little rings. Jen muses outloud.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

"It happens," she says, suppressing annoyance. As she listens to Trevor and Jen, her ears perk up at a set of words. "Locked up? What for?"

Show

15. - Top - End - #135

"It happens," she says, suppressing annoyance. As she listens to Trevor and Jen, her ears perk up at a set of words. "Locked up? What for?"
    Uh. I think that's up to Trevor to say. Jen replied.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

"Arson, I think," Trevor replied absentmindedly, still rooting through compartments, "Accident with some of his molten metal and a small gas leak ended up burning down both his storefront and the one next door. Dude who owned the place next door claimed it was intentional...something about the other dude's wife, I think...and that was that."

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #137

"Arson, I think," Trevor replied absentmindedly, still rooting through compartments, "Accident with some of his molten metal and a small gas leak ended up burning down both his storefront and the one next door. Dude who owned the place next door claimed it was intentional...something about the other dude's wife, I think...and that was that."
    Wait, what? Jen replied clearly confused.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

"Hm... Well, that's a shame. Apparently the court had enough reason to put him away, though," Taika says dismissively.

Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing Jen already talking with Trevor and Taika, Tanya makes her way down to meet up with Agatha and Mallory. "Well, that was different," she remarked as she got near her friends. "Congrats on the win. But, uh, where'd you get the suit from? Don't remember haulin' that thing outta Mal's place," Tanya remarked.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

20. - Top - End - #140

"Hm... Well, that's a shame. Apparently the court had enough reason to put him away, though," Taika says dismissively.
    That doesn't mean they were right to. Jen points out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Seeing Jen already talking with Trevor and Taika, Tanya makes her way down to meet up with Agatha and Mallory. "Well, that was different," she remarked as she got near her friends. "Congrats on the win. But, uh, where'd you get the suit from? Don't remember haulin' that thing outta Mal's place," Tanya remarked.
    Agatha smiles. "It's a friend's. They weren't feeling up to playing, so." Agatha replies.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, what? Jen replied clearly confused.
    "That's why the chain mail dude was in there. Probably could've worded that better, sorry."

That doesn't mean they were right to. Jen points out.
    Trevor shrugged. "I never really looked into his case very much, I just know what I heard him muttering about from time to time. Personally, I don't think he was the type to do it intentionally, but without looking into the case, I couldn't really give an informed opinion on it one way or another."

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #142

"That's why the chain mail dude was in there. Probably could've worded that better, sorry."

Trevor shrugged. "I never really looked into his case very much, I just know what I heard him muttering about from time to time. Personally, I don't think he was the type to do it intentionally, but without looking into the case, I couldn't really give an informed opinion on it one way or another."
    Oh. Oh Damn. That sucks for chainmail dude. Jen replied finally catching up.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Unfortunately, one of your tentacles seems to have a mind of it's own, slipping away from you as you near Luna, you can feel it snag off her top. With a startled yelp, she covers her chest instinctly, before turning to you with a grin.

Eager aren't we? She teases arms falling to her side.
    P'ro'shi takes a moment to give her own body a death glare. Goddang, most people only had to worry about not watching there tongue closely enough when they speak. Positive of semi-autonomous limbs: doesn't take much effort to use. Downsides: crap like this. Unaware of how much she's blushing bright blue, she instead tries to play it cool. "Oh, no need to cover up, we've all seen much more of each other. Here, if it helps you feel more equal..."she then pulls her arms inside her suit before putting them out through the neck portion, then folding it down. "There. Now we're both equal there."

24. - Top - End - #144

P'ro'shi takes a moment to give her own body a death glare. Goddang, most people only had to worry about not watching there tongue closely enough when they speak. Positive of semi-autonomous limbs: doesn't take much effort to use. Downsides: crap like this. Unaware of how much she's blushing bright blue, she instead tries to play it cool. "Oh, no need to cover up, we've all seen much more of each other. Here, if it helps you feel more equal..."she then pulls her arms inside her suit before putting them out through the neck portion, then folding it down. "There. Now we're both equal there."
    Luna wolf whistles.

Although, perhaps you should get out of the pool, you're starting to turn blue. Luna replies starting to swim over.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

"Never know. Sometimes people you think you know are hiding things from you."

Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Treovor shrugged. "True enough, I suppose...sometimes you're just not as perceptive as you'd like to be, and people take advantage of that. All you can do is your best, and hope it'll be enough." He trails off, looking a bit lost in thought for a moment. So! What's next on the agenda?"

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Agatha smiles. "It's a friend's. They weren't feeling up to playing, so." Agatha replies.
    "Really? Cool of 'em to let you borrow it," Tanya answered, eyeing the suit briefly. She thought about saying something about the craftsmanship, but quickly decided she had no clue how good or bad it was - too far outside her area of expertise. That was more her sister's thing. "Y'know, this kinda thing seems like it'd be right up Tam's alley," she mused. "Wonder if this is one of the things she's always askin' dad to take her to..."
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

28. - Top - End - #148

Treovor shrugged. "True enough, I suppose...sometimes you're just not as perceptive as you'd like to be, and people take advantage of that. All you can do is your best, and hope it'll be enough." He trails off, looking a bit lost in thought for a moment. So! What's next on the agenda?"
    It's still rather sad though. Jen muses sadly.

Finding out friends are hiding stuff from you.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Luna wolf whistles.

Although, perhaps you should get out of the pool, you're starting to turn blue. Luna replies starting to swim over.
    "I'm not cold! The blueness is entirely unrelated!" Of course, the attention to it only causes it to deepen, which P'ro'shi tries to cover up with her hands.
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2016-03-07 at 09:58 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150

"I'm not cold! The blueness is entirely unrelated!" Of course, the attention to it only causes it to deepen, which P'ro'shi tries to cover up with her hands.
    Um... something wrong? Luna asks clearly concerned.