New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2274243444546474849505152
Results 1,531 to 1,543 of 1543
  1. - Top - End - #1531
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Year of the Yuri harem IC 12: Dodecimating our foes.

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    "No I don't. I was just desperate and lucky," Mallory said, "If I had any real talent for healing people, we wouldn't need Jennifer right now."
    Tanya shook her head. "Hey, it's the first time you've tried, right? Can't expect to be an expert right away. But if you got that much out of it on the first try, I'd bet you got more talent for it than you think, even if it ain't as much as Dove."

Mallory's first instinct was to snap at Jen again, out of frustration born not just from the current issue, but poor time she was having at the party in general. But she knew Tanya was right: getting angry at Jen wouldn't actually help.

Mallory took a deep breath, then exhaled and said, "It's fine, it's fine. Just... hurry and get to work, okay? He's in a lot of pain, and he needs your help."
    Tanya nodded her agreement and found herself leaving her hand on Mal's shoulder, trying to give a comforting gesture to her friend... and hopefully soon, a little more than a friend. Of course, inside, she very much felt the same, and on top of that was blaming herself for both putting Ethan into harm's way and not being there to help when he got hurt, but for the moment she was quiet and just watching Jen, to see the results. She was focused enough on that, in fact, that she didn't notice her internal tension causing her to squeeze Mal's shoulder a bit tighter with each passing moment.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

2. - Top - End - #1532
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    "That's what setting two people up is for - when they ordinarily wouldn't go for one another. Look: stay out of this. If you're that confident in his disinterest in her, then he'll still be available at the end of the night. If you toy with us though, you will regret it." Turning, Taika heads to check on the hopeful couple, mentally running through her supplies. Anything to deal with demons? The question came up enough that she should have holy water in her bag by now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luck roll to have brought something to target a demon specifically: [roll0]
    After TORMENTing you to the point you couldn't threaten a kitten. She noticeably pulls a piece of paper out of her chest, leaning in for Takia to give her a good look.

"Well okay, but if they aren't together at the end of the night. You'll give him my number, right?" Effie asked brightly as she scribbles her number on a piece of paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #1533
    Titan in the Playground

"Sure. I'll let him know who was interested in him," Taika says, malice still in her voice but the will to argue gone. "Here, let me make it up to you and get you a drink," Taika says, going over to check what the hosts have.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

4. - Top - End - #1534

"Sure. I'll let him know who was interested in him," Taika says, malice still in her voice but the will to argue gone. "Here, let me make it up to you and get you a drink," Taika says, going over to check what the hosts have.
    The host seem to have only a basic stockpile of drinks, nothing fancy or exotic.

Having gotten your drink do you return to Effie? follow Nate and Agatha, or some other third thing?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #1535
    Titan in the Playground

Taika looks over the drinks. Hm... That would do. She takes out a vial containing some sacredly clear water and pours some into a shot glass, then slowly pours a little Fireball with an even mix of vodka on top, making sure to not break surface tension, then pours a splash of grenadine to top it off, to give it a thin layer of red seeping throughout.

"River Styx. Mother's own invention," she says to the succubus, handing the girl the small glass. "I'm going to go check on Jen. She always seems to run into trouble." However, once out of sight, she goes to find Agatha.

Show

6. - Top - End - #1536
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Tanya shook her head. "Hey, it's the first time you've tried, right? Can't expect to be an expert right away. But if you got that much out of it on the first try, I'd bet you got more talent for it than you think, even if it ain't as much as Dove."

Tanya nodded her agreement and found herself leaving her hand on Mal's shoulder, trying to give a comforting gesture to her friend... and hopefully soon, a little more than a friend. Of course, inside, she very much felt the same, and on top of that was blaming herself for both putting Ethan into harm's way and not being there to help when he got hurt, but for the moment she was quiet and just watching Jen, to see the results. She was focused enough on that, in fact, that she didn't notice her internal tension causing her to squeeze Mal's shoulder a bit tighter with each passing moment.
    "I suppose you could have a point..." Mallory muttered, though she didn't sound too confident herself.

After a few moments, she winced and put her hand over Tanya's.

"Your grip is... rather tight right now..." she informed her friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    And lo did it seem to work.

Anyone going to test the healing job.
    Mallory wasn't brazen enough to actually touch the leg at the moment, but she did visually inspect it.

"Hmm... It certainly looks better," Mallory mused, "Question is, does it feel better? Ethan?"
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2016-07-16 at 01:32 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1537

Taika looks over the drinks. Hm... That would do. She takes out a vial containing some sacredly clear water and pours some into a shot glass, then slowly pours a little Fireball with an even mix of vodka on top, making sure to not break surface tension, then pours a splash of grenadine to top it off, to give it a thin layer of red seeping throughout.

"River Styx. Mother's own invention," she says to the succubus, handing the girl the small glass. "I'm going to go check on Jen. She always seems to run into trouble." However, once out of sight, she goes to find Agatha.
    [I said calm, not acid.

In any case give me a skill check to pass this off as a gift instead of the bleach you're trying to make her drink.]

"I suppose you could have a point..." Mallory muttered, though she didn't sound too confident herself.

"Your grip is... rather tight right now..." she informed her friend.

Mallory wasn't brazen enough to actually touch the leg at the moment, but she did visually inspect it.

"Hmm... It certainly looks better," Mallory mused, "Question is, does it feel better? Ethan?"
    Ethan gets up and starts walking, then jumping up and down.

"It's a little sore, anyone got mortin on them?" He asks.

8. - Top - End - #1538

Effie thanks Takia.... as Takia departs you hear her pained screams of agony slowly sliding into a hideous gurgling sound starts pouring from her as her esophagus starts to disintegrate, she can't see you, you can't see her, and she's in too much pain to chase after you.

"Hey Takia, we're about to get a bottle for spin the bottle. You game?" Agatha asks.

9. - Top - End - #1539
    Titan in the Playground

"You're grip is rather tight right now..." she informed her friend.
    "O-oh!" Tanya said. She started to just withdraw her hand on reflex, but the feeling of Mallory's on top of it made her stop and simply relax it instead. "S-sorry. I don't... just sorry," she said, not actually sure what had happened there to explain it. ...the feeling of Mal's hand on hers was nice, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Ethan gets up and starts walking, then jumping up and down.

"It's a little sore, anyone got mortin on them?" He asks.
    Tanya breathes a sigh of relief at that. "Hey, 'a little sore' is a hell of a lot better'n 'possibly broken," she remarks. "But... yeah, think I pocketed some this mornin'. Never know if somebody might get hurt at a ball game," she explained, pulling the medicine out and handing it to him. "Thanks a million, Dove. I owe you again," she said with a smile at her sorceress friend.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

10. - Top - End - #1540

"O-oh!" Tanya said. She started to just withdraw her hand on reflex, but the feeling of Mallory's on top of it made her stop and simply relax it instead. "S-sorry. I don't... just sorry," she said, not actually sure what had happened there to explain it. ...the feeling of Mal's hand on hers was nice, though.

Tanya breathes a sigh of relief at that. "Hey, 'a little sore' is a hell of a lot better'n 'possibly broken," she remarks. "But... yeah, think I pocketed some this mornin'. Never know if somebody might get hurt at a ball game," she explained, pulling the medicine out and handing it to him. "Thanks a million, Dove. I owe you again," she said with a smile at her sorceress friend.
    It is at that moment that you three hear and see Effie's screams of absolute agony.

What does Tanya, and Mallory do?

11. - Top - End - #1541
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, the River Styx - the river that the gods swore their oaths upon; the waters which granted Achilles invulnerability, save for his heel; the barrier between life and death. It was true that the drink was an invention by her mother, or at least she was one of the many independent inventors, but the recipe was simple in its versatility. Any type of drink works, so long as the mixer has access to its active ingredient. Perhaps she overdid it, but at the same time, she warned the girl to back off, and the response that she got was intimidation and hypnosis.

"Sure! Don't worry, I'll be quick if we get paired," Taika says, giving the girl a wink as she puts an arm around her friend. "Effie shouldn't be a problem anymore," she whispers. "I talked to her and she's having a bad reaction to a drink. Maybe she's allergic to grenadine... Have you practiced spinning it so that it lands where you want it?" The plan was simple - put herself and a straight girl around Nate. The options were safe if Agatha erred a bit. Just had to keep Nate focused.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2016-07-16 at 06:15 PM.

Show

12. - Top - End - #1542
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"It's alright," Mallory said softly. She could feel how tense Tanya was, after all. She gently removed Tanya's hand from her shoulder, but continued holding it as she let her arm drop down to her side. The other girl's hand felt good enough that Mallory didn't really feel like letting go.

"So, um... No hospital trip then?" she asked, as she suddenly felt rather hot in her suit.
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2016-07-17 at 12:38 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1543
    Titan in the Playground

"It's alright," Mallory said softly. She could feel how tense Tanya was, after all. She gently removed Tanya's hand from her shoulder, but continued holding it as she let her arm drop down to her side. The other girl's hand felt good enough that Mallory didn't really feel like letting go.
    Tanya just sort of looked at Mal, a soft smile finding its way to her face as she removed her hand but continued holding it. Her eyes went down to those hands briefly, as if confirming that this was, in fact, happening. It was definitely something she could get used to.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2016-07-16 at 11:05 PM.