New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Trog's Tavern CCLI

*Upon entering the tavern you find it to be rustic, dim, cramped, and smelling of spilled beer. Moving through the crowd, half of which seem to be deadtiming, you spot a fireplace with a banjowood carving on the mantle, you also make out through the haze the curving bar and private booths hidden behind ferns. A side door leading to a patio outside reveals a hungry looking dumpster mimic sneaking towards an unsuspecting customer.

Near the stairs to the second floor rooms is a small white stone platform with a blue tree-like symbol on it. Standing on this platform will teleport someone to the Sanctuary Fortress located Inside where healers are always standing by in case of bar-brawls.

Trog's can be found right around the corner from any place in the Nexus. Somehow. It's best not to question it.

Staff:
    Owner and Proprietor: Trog
    Manager: El Jaspero
    Bartenders: The Watchers (they're nice deranged cultists, really!), Phoebe, Ashna, Ambrosia

Trog's Tavern hires only the finest NPC servers:
    ((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

Bouncer: Baby (NPC, a dwarf who was raised by orcs and has the intellect of Thog.)

Servers:
    Nina - A fiesty and vivacious tiefling. Mean, self-centered and completely unavailable. You may have seen her recently on the WotC 4E cartoon.
    Paige - A sweet, wholesome, flirty elf working her way through PC school.
    Cosmo - A quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel. Truly a monster. RAWR!

DRINK MENU:
    Wines:
    Catoblepas Sauvingnon
    Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
    Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
    Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
    Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
    Eladrin Carbernet - Official Feywine of the Wild Hunt.
    Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.
    Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
    Iames Agonia - This tart, dark red wine will stun you and leave you feeling good for hours.
    Kobold Chianti - Tart. Tangy. Shifty.
    Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
    Powerlust Pinot - For those corruptable humans.
    Shadar-Kai Shadowine - Served in a jagged, broken glass.
    Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
    Warlock Wine - Best served cold.
    Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!

Mixed Drinks:
    A Drink - Generic booze with ice that can be shaken, stirred, or you know, whatever. Try to be more imaginative next time.
    Aboleth Absinthe - Far Realmilicious!
    Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
    Coffee Martini - Buzzzzz.
    Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
    Dragon Liver Buster - Strongest drink in the house.
    Dwarf Spirits
    Fire Archon Asylum Rum - "FAAR!!!"
    Haley's Liquer - Named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
    Hemo Colada - 100% less coconut, 100% more ichor.
    Ice Liquer - From the Plane of Ice: guaranteed to cool you down.
    Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood.
    Jasphattan - El J's Secret Recipie, vermouth & bitters.
    LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
    Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning.
    Murderita - Wasted away again...
    Piña CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
    Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
    Rust Monster - Scotch, drambuie shaken in a wooden mixer.
    Sneak on the Beach - Peach vodka, cran-pineapple juice, a cat hair.
    Swampwater - Phosphorescent lemon-lime.
    White Russian Wukei - For bounty hunters who dig dairy.
    Wizard Blizzard - Crushed ice and Bourbon. The effect depends on the spell stored in it.

Beers & Such:
    Ales - Archon, Guilders, Balthor's Best.
    Grim Brewery Ginger Beer - Death-o-licious!
    Mind Flayer Mead - Mmm... brains.

Other Fine Beverages:
    Celestial Soda Pop - Soda specially brewed in Celestia. Tastes divine.
    Darknight Coffee - Cream has no effect.
    Dragon's Fire Breath (Cherry Kool-Aid) - For the kids!
    Fox Cola - The choice of the furry generation.
    Llamonade - That cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds.
    Oni Tea - From the far east.
    Red Minotaur Energy Drink - a-MAZE-ing energy!
    Root Beer
    Save vs. Slow Slurpees™ - C-c-c-cold...
    Hot Chocolate - Mmmmmmarshmallows.

MUNCHIES MENU:
    AbyssalNuts - Damned and spicy.
    Baked Goods - Scones and Muffins and Brownies oh my! We have no cake - the cake is a lie!
    Bamhacon - Where the ham meets the bacon. Served with eggs.
    Court of Stars Salad - Fresh fey greens.
    Hero Sandwiches - What else? Served with Villain vinegrette.
    Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips and hot meat and cheese dip.
    Yuan-ti Gyros - Lamb. Or halfling. We're not sure.
    Trog's Floor Chili - Don't ask Trog where it came from and Trog won't tell you, "the floor".

SMOKABLES:
    Dwarven Cigars - From our axe-hewn humidor.
    Coffin Nail™ Cigarettes - Get Nailed!
    Halfling Pipeweed - Bogart™ brand.

((When this thread reaches page 50, anyone can make the next thread. However, if you want to make changes to the OP, please check in the OOC thread first to make sure everyone agrees.))
    Last edited by Gullara; 2017-06-23 at 11:48 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLI

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Knight View Post
    Lyov smiles a little. "She can take it. I believe we will get along rather well, young one, though I will say that control will get you farther than... not controlling yourself."

"I saw ha fewst, Lyov." Ilyona starts to protest, but get silenced by her brother's next words. "I have one of the specimens you requested, dear sister. He resisted too much, so he's more dead than alive. The criminal won't be missed."

While Ilyona notes that it's not the same as getting to tinker with Nimaah's innards, she doesn't turn down the opportunity to tinker with anyone's innards. "Oh, that's wondah-fuwl!" She exclaims, and excitedly runs out of the bar to investigate.

Lyov smiles. "Well, that ought to sate her curiosity a bit. Of course, she will still want to get some blood and DNA samples... though I believe I wouldn't be wrong in suggesting you wouldn't want that?"‎

"Yeah, I do like to keep my insides inside,"
    Nimaah says, "But I understand curiosity. Maybe if she asks nicely. And pays me," she offers. Nimaah then shrugs, and goes about ordering some basic food.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Ohhhhoho, you can't fool me," Adir smirks brazenly and leans forward, putting his hand on Sakura's thigh. "You like being in charge, don't you?" The stag flushes a little, quirking his head to one side as his ears fold back against his head. "Having control of me?" He grins. In many ways she already does. He wasn't sure she was exactly aware of it, however.
    Sakura giggles and leans back for another drink. Wait, her cup's already empty? The dryad sets it on the bar. "Maaaaybe a little, but only because you're so cute!" She declares. She will not fold under these accusations!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

"Are you sure our currency will be useful to you?" Lyov asks, reaching across the bar to grab his sister's drink and sample some of it.

"I see you mentioned something about arson. Does it have anything to do with your arm tattoos, I wonder?" He inquires, eyeing her flaming tats.‎

"Ooh, this is wondahful!" Ilyona exclaims from outside, eyeing her prize and preparing to do some digging in.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2016-02-24 at 02:38 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Sakura giggles and leans back for another drink. Wait, her cup's already empty? The dryad sets it on the bar. "Maaaaybe a little, but only because you're so cute!" She declares. She will not fold under these accusations!

"Nonono, cute's what you call one of the kids. I'm rugged. Sexy,"
    Adir quirks one of his heavy brows at her dramatically and sips his drink for extra effect. The stag seems to notice her lack of inebriation, however.

"Oh, here, I gotcha."
    He starts to pour more wine for Sakura without thinking about it, and then realizes how fast it went. "Wait, I said-- dammit! Oh, whatever." Adir swallows what's left of his drink with one go and grabs the neck of the bottle, tipping it over his glass. He watches the rich liquid steadily collect, mumbling, "If we're gonna drink, might as well get plastered."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm not even drinking that much. It's just one cup." Sakura insists. What's so bad about that? She sips her drink, giving him a look. "And besides, you are cute whether you like it or not. Can't pretend!"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Are you sure our currency will be useful to you?" Lyov asks, reaching across the bar to grab his sister's drink and sample some of it.

"I see you mentioned something about arson. Does it have anything to do with your arm tattoos, I wonder?" He inquires, eyeing her flaming tats.‎

"Ooh, this is wondahful!" Ilyona exclaims from outside, eyeing her prize and preparing to do some digging in.
    Nimaah shrugs. "I like to play with fire. Even good soldiers will flip out if you ignite them. Arson tends to be a side-effect. And as long as someone takes the money, I think I can make use of it."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Lyov just laughs. "Well said. You know, from what our father tells us, I used to be an arsonist. Now I've been given new purpose, and fire is but one tool in my arsenal. I don't mean to tell you how to live, but knowing when and when not to use fire will make all the difference."

((An arsonist? Piotr would be perfect for her! Then they can talk about how sexy the sight of things burning are, and the therapeutic effects. Maybe after the twins leave.))

"So. Tell me of this place you are from." Lyov asks, and prepares to listen.‎

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal chuckles and shakes her head a bit.

Okay, first off? Robots can be reprogrammed. Easier than living beings.

Second, who says you have to get rid of your flair for the dramatic? Have you seen some of the heroes from my world? I mean, you can't tell me Ironman doesn't have some of that flair. Or Thor. Spider-Man, too.
    Malicebot #8 sees if he can steer the topic of the conversation away from admitting that Krystal is right and that he can see her point.

So, he latches onto the reprogramming sentence. "Ah, but why would I want to reprogram myself? It would be like admitting that I wasn't made by a infallible god. Would you want to commit such blasphemy if you had the option to reprogram yourself? Would you even consider it a positive to reprogram all humans by changing their DNA, telocytes, and neural pathways?" he asks. Then, he quickly adds (before anyone has a chance to have a dissenting opinion), "No, you would not."

"At least, if you've ever read any post-apocalyptic teen romance novels, you wouldn't,"
    he says. "If you don't want this world to devolve into a teen romance novel, just admit I'm right."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

10. - Top - End - #10

Krystal stares at him blankly for a moment.

That...had nothing to do with what we're talking about.

Malicebot 8 used Deflect Topic!

...it's not very effective.

Which means you couldn't think of a good response. Which might just mean that you agree with me. Krystal gives him a wide grin.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

11. - Top - End - #11

Krystal used Insight!
    She can now predict Malicebot #8's next move.

"Hey, just because I'm a robot," the Malicebot says, "doesn't mean that I can't think of a good response. I've thought of thousands of good responses. More good responses than most people can come up with in their lifetime."

"But..." His robotic voice falters, somehow. Yes. You're right."

His voice turns more to one of warning. "Nobody heard me say that, though."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #12

Krystal chuckles a bit.

No, of course not. Nobody heard you at all.

Which is why you need to speak up!

So, does that mean you want to try this stuff my way now?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lyov just laughs. "Well said. You know, from what our father tells us, I used to be an arsonist. Now I've been given new purpose, and fire is but one tool in my arsenal. I don't mean to tell you how to live, but knowing when and when not to use fire will make all the difference."

((An arsonist? Piotr would be perfect for her! Then they can talk about how sexy the sight of things burning are, and the therapeutic effects. Maybe after the twins leave.))

"So. Tell me of this place you are from." Lyov asks, and prepares to listen.‎
    "Eh, you mean Korriban, Dromund Kaas, or... actually, both those places stink. I don't really consider any planet my home." She says with a shrug. "I've got places I can go when I need to. No need to shackle myself down."

((It's not that simple, Nimaah is being more than a little obtuse.))

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir arrives in Trog's, on business. As such, he's got his business clothes on, which is to say his mail shirt and heavy tabart with Vigil's crest on it. He scans the room in search of the person he came here to see. The Answer, in form of a longsword, is at his side. Part of his official outfit as well, and besides, one can't be too cautious.
    Last edited by Morty; 2016-02-26 at 09:31 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #15

A human woman makes her way to Wenomir's table dressed in a white armor that seems more like an adornment than for protection. It have those pointy armored gloves that look like claws; a long black tabard which flows all the way to the floor as if had been a part of a dress. Considering how artistically adorned it is, all it would need would be enormous shoulder pads and it could have passed for an MMO armor. She places a huge tome on the table, causing it to vibrate slightly. "Wenomir, leader of VIGIL, I assume? I guess there is no really need to hide my identity anymore. You friends have already told you what I am. Nonetheless, you don't know who I am. Ambrosia Ithil at your service." She nods politely as she takes a seat, that armored claw-like hand still resting upon the book.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-02-27 at 04:45 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

"That's me, yes," Wenomir says. His sword is resting against the side of the table. "I appreciate you meeting me. I've been told what you are, and that you might know something that can help us against the Cuthun demons, but not much beyond that."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #17

She raises an eyebrow. "Really? Did Adir tell you that? I don't think I managed to help him so I'm not sure how much help I'd be against these 'demons' of yours." Ambrosia replies.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

"It was Cessie, actually. My co-leader. You're a dragon, as I understand it, and dragons seem to be able to undo the demons' corruption," Wenomir says.

19. - Top - End - #19

"Sakura's friend." Ambrosia clarifies for herself as she hear the sorceress name. "And yes, no need to hide that from you." She meets the warrior's gaze, her brown eyes turning deep purple for a moment. "You have to be more specific with your request however, what exactly are you asking of me here?"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

"I was hoping you could explain some things to me," Wenomir says. "From what I was told, you're a scholar. And I'd like to know why those demons are affected by bones of dragons. Why dragons in particular? It's about time we stopped groping around blindly. So if you have any insight to impart, I'd be very grateful for it."

21. - Top - End - #21

She suddenly smiles, her eyes turning back to brown. "Ah, for a moment I thought you were going to ask me to fight for you. But that; I can try to help you with." She removes her armored hand from the book and it opens by itself, as are the pages that starts to flip on their own accord. "So demons you say?" The pages are put to a sudden halt as she puts down her hand in-between two of them and then text starts to appear on the empty pages. "Now, I don't know exactly what type of 'demon' you refer to so I'm just gonna tell you about the type of I know. Back in tesura, my own world, some people call spirits 'demons' and if these beings are the same, this weakness is probably a 'bane'. Some spirits have a radically opposed concept, a antithesis if you will. Something which unmakes their very being. A fire spirit could have a water bane for instance, a hatred spirit love and so forth." She drums her fingers across the page, studying it carefully. "A dragon bane is unusual though, my kin is supposed to guide spirits. Not destroy them." The scholar looks up at the dragon again. "You should tell me more about these so-called 'demons'."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-02-27 at 07:25 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    "I'm not even drinking that much. It's just one cup." Sakura insists. What's so bad about that? She sips her drink, giving him a look. "And besides, you are cute whether you like it or not. Can't pretend!"
    "One cup is a lot for the vertically challenged," Adir gripes good-naturedly, spinning around and leaning back against the bar, his arms spreading to either side. He continues to steadily squeak the stool left and right, his eyes on Sakura. "And I'll... fix that! I'll get some more scars! Grow a beard!"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir drums his fingers on the table, thinking.

"Destroy isn't the right word. See, those demons seem a more diverse lot than we thought, and we don't really know much about where they came from or what they want. But what they have in common is the corruption. They can infect living beings with their essence, twisting them to their purpose. Dragon bone reverses that effect, for some reason."

24. - Top - End - #24

"Really? Well, banes do behave differently from spirit to spirit. More complex spirits have more than one, some lesser, others greater, with different effects. I don't know anything about 'corruption' however; spirits can only possess things. Speaking of which are you aware that one of your members, Adir, has a wife which is possessed by a spirit? I wouldn't normally tell you as I respect their privacy but I figure that it's best to be open about it so there are no misunderstandings regarding it and these 'demons'. She is possessed by a benign fertility devi. You might have noticed how many children she have had recently, something which has been caused by its influence. I can confirm that it's not one of these demons you are fighting however and that it isn't directly dangerous. I have spoken to it." Ambrosia explains.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    "Eh, you mean Korriban, Dromund Kaas, or... actually, both those places stink. I don't really consider any planet my home." She says with a shrug. "I've got places I can go when I need to. No need to shackle myself down."

((It's not that simple, Nimaah is being more than a little obtuse.))
    "Many in the nexus are drifters that find their home here. Peradventure this will ring true for you, as well." Lyov says, nodding, his doll-like head bobbing about his cord-like neck.

Ilyona suddenly rushes back in, having done some preliminary investigating to her satisfaction. "Yes! Nimaah, give me yaw bwood! And bone mawwoh! And otha things! Pwease?"

Lyov shakes his head and hands Nimaah some money. "As agreed."‎

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir raises his hand slowly, and pinches the bridge of his nose. Yes, that's just what he needed right now...

"There's no such thing as a benign or harmless spirit possession. Not in the long run. I wasn't aware of it. Is it possible to banish this spirit from her?"

27. - Top - End - #27

Ambrosia nods. "It is. But Sakura isn't willing so the process would only harm her. There is a strong bond between her and the spirit in question, they're nearly the same person you see. So she feels sympathy for it, I don't think she likes me very much for even unmasking it's presence. It caused quite an ruckus between her and Adir."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "One cup is a lot for the vertically challenged," Adir gripes good-naturedly, spinning around and leaning back against the bar, his arms spreading to either side. He continues to steadily squeak the stool left and right, his eyes on Sakura. "And I'll... fix that! I'll get some more scars! Grow a beard!"
    "Ewww, no! No beard!" Sakura insists. She laughs loudly. "You already know I don't like those! Besides, I like you better cute." She nods exaggeratedly.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir sighs heavily, then frowns, and an edge creeps into his voice.

"I'll go talk to her and Adir. Maybe we can talk some sense into Sakura. It may not be directly dangerous, but influencing someone's life this way... no. It's not right. Ever."

30. - Top - End - #30

"Things are never simple and this spirit isn't some 'demon', it is an intelligent creature like Sakura. It is true that it's influencing the minds of her and those around her however. I don't believe it deserves to die though. It doesn't want to have such an impact, it just happens naturally for it." Ambrosia explains. "At least as far as I can determine. But it's also manipulative in the extreme so one should always be cautious. I do believe it got that from Sakura though, the lady is far less innocent that she first appears." The scholar smiles faintly.