New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLI

Romance? Well this is the Nexus, give it fifteen minutes.

Ethriel ordered up food for the both of them, ember eyes looked down on the food as he set himself to eating.

I life out near a forest that has quite a decent number of animals.

2. - Top - End - #482

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Yes, I think so," Fayyaad says. "If a summoner summons someone often, they bond. Makes a certain amount of sense."
    "Yeah, well. That's the short way. There is something else behind, but you gotthe basic." the man says.
    "Most time we don't relie on the summonings, but some summoner summone monster and let them rampage through the world. That's why we also call them to help slaying those sommoned beeings."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

"So there are no people who... don't summon things?" This part confuses Fayyaad a bit.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Barbarian in the Playground

A shrug in reply to that admission. "Well that's no problem. What kind of place is it, anyway? What's it called?" the muse asked, finishing off her drink quickly enough that there may be questions as to if she had actually tasted it. "I mean, so you're new, yeah." she began, now reaching for a cloudy, sky blue concoction that smelled lightly of mixed berries. "I suppose at the least you're getting the feel of things. Like menu items that are ordered more often than others or.. Actually, do you get to 'taste test' from time to time?" she continued, trying to get a little more chatter out of Sam so that she wouldn't need to do all the work.

She didn't feel the need to bring it up but at one point, even having to hold a conversation with someone was almost as difficult as withstanding physical contact. At least she had managed to grow more accustomed to casual chatter even if that still caused her some irritation from time to time... Though alcohol helped out with that as well.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's called the Golden Hammer. It's fairly fancy. Enough that they call the cooks Chefs and not Cooks.
    And taste test, yeah. You're supposed to taste something you prepare when you're new. You're not going to serve something you make if you don't even know if you've botched it. A professional doesn't need to do it as much, but. Or...did you mean how often do I get free food? They let me eat whatever I can make when it's slow, despite knowing how much I can put away, which is fairly nice of them. It's really nice, all around. If I'm lucky I'll be able to keep the job for a while. And also hopefully my legs won't give out when I'm working full time."
    he adds with a chuckle.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #486

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Romance? Well this is the Nexus, give it fifteen minutes.

Ethriel ordered up food for the both of them, ember eyes looked down on the food as he set himself to eating.

I life out near a forest that has quite a decent number of animals.
    Kamaria nods. "That's pretty neat. Do you go hunting there often?" she asks. Because it's perfectly normal to assume that everybody goes hunting.

After a quick and silent prayer, she starts eating. It's pretty good. In fact, she says so. "This is pretty good. No, it's very good. What is it?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #487

"So there are no people who... don't summon things?" This part confuses Fayyaad a bit.

"Everyone could, but some prefere a life without them or don't have the power to make a proper summoning."
    he clears up.
    "Your kind got somthing simular? an ability everyone of your kind can perform, but not everyone can do so in the same strength?"

8. - Top - End - #488

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Kamaria nods. "That's pretty neat. Do you go hunting there often?" she asks. Because it's perfectly normal to assume that everybody goes hunting.

After a quick and silent prayer, she starts eating. It's pretty good. In fact, she says so. "This is pretty good. No, it's very good. What is it?"
    On occasion. I don't really need to hunt for food so not often.

Eth eats his food. He had gotten Bamhacon.

Not sure. Best to not ask usually.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

"Everyone could, but some prefere a life without them or don't have the power to make a proper summoning."
    he clears up.
    "Your kind got somthing simular? an ability everyone of your kind can perform, but not everyone can do so in the same strength?"
    ((Sorry, I forgot about it for a while.))

"Well... I suppose it's a bit like how everyone could be an artist, but not everyone has what it takes?" Fayyaad guesses.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #490

((Closed scene.))

Cassidy hasn't been terribly active in the Nexus for a while. She's spent most of her time back home, reacquainting herself with the shadows. But now she's sitting at the bar, gulping down a bottle of whiskey, no shot glass or chasers in sight.

A man walks up to her and offers to buy her a drink. "Get the hell out of my face, guy, you think this bottle's for show?"

He backs off. "Well, I was just trying to be nice, no need to be rude."

Cassidy stands up, somehow able to keep her footing. "'scuse me, I'M the rude one? Who walked up in my space thinking he could get an easy lay? Cause last I checked, that wasn't me."

11. - Top - End - #491

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    ((Closed scene.))

Cassidy hasn't been terribly active in the Nexus for a while. She's spent most of her time back home, reacquainting herself with the shadows. But now she's sitting at the bar, gulping down a bottle of whiskey, no shot glass or chasers in sight.

A man walks up to her and offers to buy her a drink. "Get the hell out of my face, guy, you think this bottle's for show?"

He backs off. "Well, I was just trying to be nice, no need to be rude."

Cassidy stands up, somehow able to keep her footing. "'scuse me, I'M the rude one? Who walked up in my space thinking he could get an easy lay? Cause last I checked, that wasn't me."
    While Cassidy's back is turned, some sort of invisible force acts upon her drinks! Aaaand pushes them just out of her arm's reach. Which was quite a considerable distance away, really.
    Almost as if someone didn't want her destroying her liver. After all, humans only have, what, three of them? They're important!
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

12. - Top - End - #492

"Yeah, that's right, walk away. Your smug ass couldn't handle me anyway," Cassidy boasts. Then she turns back to find that her drink has moved. The hell? She figures she must have moved it and then forgot, and she of course goes right over to take another pull.

13. - Top - End - #493

"Yeah, that's right, walk away. Your smug ass couldn't handle me anyway," Cassidy boasts. Then she turns back to find that her drink has moved. The hell? She figures she must have moved it and then forgot, and she of course goes right over to take another pull.
    As she goes to take the drink, the unseen force makes another attempt! Her entire glass shakes as she picks it up -- that's a perfectly normal action while drunk, right? -- and spills most of its contents.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

14. - Top - End - #494

"Ugh, damnit." A tumbler spilling over isn't going to stop Cassidy, though. She's here on a mission. She goes to her old standby of going straight for the bottle to take a swig of that instead, health code standards be damned.

15. - Top - End - #495

"Ugh, damnit." A tumbler spilling over isn't going to stop Cassidy, though. She's here on a mission. She goes to her old standby of going straight for the bottle to take a swig of that instead, health code standards be damned.
    Gosh darnit! The neck of that bottle is just so slippery it's really hard to pick up!
    Show

16. - Top - End - #496

Cassidy takes a second to breath. She hadn't even gone through this one bottle of whiskey yet, she should not be this sloppy. She coordinates herself, still determined to get as wasted as possible, come hell or high water.

17. - Top - End - #497

Cassidy takes a second to breath. She hadn't even gone through this one bottle of whiskey yet, she should not be this sloppy. She coordinates herself, still determined to get as wasted as possible, come hell or high water.
    "Gosh darnit why are you so persistent to kill one of your livers?!" Comes a somewhat disgruntled voice from just to Cassidy's left. All of a sudden an angel materializes right next to Cass, and snatches the bottle.
    "This is bad for you m'kay?" She points out, putting the bottle on the bar and sliding it down to the far end, before sitting on one of the barstools next to her, and giving Cassidy a look.
    She looked to be of average-ish height, with fairly long, platinum blond hair. Her eyes were pink, and she was wearing a full set of rose-gold plate armor. On her back were both her wings, which were also mostly pink, and a sheathed greatsword. You know. The obligatory kind that lights on fire and all that fun stuff.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #498

Cassidy gives a withering look to the armored wing-lady-thing. "No **** it's bad for me. What are you, my mom?" Cassidy stands right up again and means to go to the far end of the bar. "One day back in the Nexus and I get the hoity-toity goody two shoes trying to keep me from drinking. You don't get this in Redmond."

19. - Top - End - #499

Cassidy gives a withering look to the armored wing-lady-thing. "No **** it's bad for me. What are you, my mom?" Cassidy stands right up again and means to go to the far end of the bar. "One day back in the Nexus and I get the hoity-toity goody two shoes trying to keep me from drinking. You don't get this in Redmond."
    "'One day back and I get this hoity' gosh. Do you even hear yourself?" The angel asks, shaking her head. "And no. No I'm not your mother. Nor did she ask me to keep an eye on you."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #500

"Yeah, I figured that much out, haven't seen my folks in ever. But thanks for pointing that out, FastJack." Since the angel doesn't seem to stop her, she grabs the bottle again. "I paid for this thing, so I get to drink as much of it as I want. Hell, I'm gonna go through two more as well! Cause you don't decide when I'm done. Nobody but me decides when I'm done."

21. - Top - End - #501

"Yeah, I figured that much out, haven't seen my folks in ever. But thanks for pointing that out, FastJack." Since the angel doesn't seem to stop her, she grabs the bottle again. "I paid for this thing, so I get to drink as much of it as I want. Hell, I'm gonna go through two more as well! Cause you don't decide when I'm done. Nobody but me decides when I'm done."
    "Gosh. Please don't. That stuff's really bad for you. Please just, just don't?" She asks, somewhat pleadingly.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #502

"Are you freaking kidding me, Lady? What's got you so invested in my health anyway?" Cassidy rolls her eyes and drinks some more. At this point it's almost as much a gesture of defiance as it is a way to get drunk.

23. - Top - End - #503

"Are you freaking kidding me, Lady? What's got you so invested in my health anyway?" Cassidy rolls her eyes and drinks some more. At this point it's almost as much a gesture of defiance as it is a way to get drunk.
    "Well. I am your guardian angel. It is literally my job to make sure you stay safe. Sooooooo. Could you put that down, please?"
    Show

24. - Top - End - #504

Cass gives the woman a look, and just stays that way for a moment. Then she bursts into laughter. "Okay, so either I'm way drunker than I thought and I'm just hallucinating this, or you're a lunatic. And I can still feel my fingers, so I'm not betting on that first thing."

25. - Top - End - #505

Cass gives the woman a look, and just stays that way for a moment. Then she bursts into laughter. "Okay, so either I'm way drunker than I thought and I'm just hallucinating this, or you're a lunatic. And I can still feel my fingers, so I'm not betting on that first thing."
    The angel siiiiighs. This was not going well. What was she really expecting, storming in like that. She lost her temper. Again.

Gosh.

"Oh yeah. I'm the lunatic. You're the one drinking poison willingly! And you're calling me a lunatic?"
    Show

26. - Top - End - #506

"Yeah, and you're the one pretending to be a fairy tale. Plus, poison? You're sounding like some of those other nuts I've run into." Cass drinks some more. "Guardian angel," she repeats, making sure that really was what she heard. She starts to walk to the door, taking the bottle with her. So she was stealing, who cares?

27. - Top - End - #507

"Yeah, and you're the one pretending to be a fairy tale. Plus, poison? You're sounding like some of those other nuts I've run into." Cass drinks some more. "Guardian angel," she repeats, making sure that really was what she heard. She starts to walk to the door, taking the bottle with her. So she was stealing, who cares?
    "Pretending? Pretending? You see this?" She asks, drawing the greatsword, one handed. The blade bursts into flames (that are thankfully harmless to furniture and other non-evil things). "You think I would have this to pretend with? This thing is heavy! It's standard issue, and it weighs a ton! I don't even know how to use it!" Then she sheaths it again, and follows along behind Cass. "Yeah. Guardian angel."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #508

((Sorry, I forgot about it for a while.))

"Well... I suppose it's a bit like how everyone could be an artist, but not everyone has what it takes?" Fayyaad guesses.
    "Urgh." he replies. " Close I say. It's still a bit restricted. I mean some people say it is art when an animal manges to put paint on a paper. And that#s not the case here. You can't accidently summon something."

29. - Top - End - #509

"Anybody can get one of those, it's the Nexus! There's more weapon shops than clothing stores!" Cassidy's well past reasoning with as she leaves the tavern.

30. - Top - End - #510

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    "It's called the Golden Hammer. It's fairly fancy. Enough that they call the cooks Chefs and not Cooks.
    And taste test, yeah. You're supposed to taste something you prepare when you're new. You're not going to serve something you make if you don't even know if you've botched it. A professional doesn't need to do it as much, but. Or...did you mean how often do I get free food? They let me eat whatever I can make when it's slow, despite knowing how much I can put away, which is fairly nice of them. It's really nice, all around. If I'm lucky I'll be able to keep the job for a while. And also hopefully my legs won't give out when I'm working full time."
    he adds with a chuckle.
    "Well, I was asking a bit of both, really.. 'Course, you answered both without me having to probe much so I consider that a net win for both of us." she said, letting the glasses rest where they sat for the time being. "I've not heard of the Golden Hammer before." she said, already mentally running a search for it to compare against what Sam had to say." "Where's it located? What kind of atmosphere does it go for?" she began, diving into one of her favorite passtimes. Asking far too many questions at once. "Have you tasted any thing that's become a favorite of yours, now? Do you have any favorite items? What would you reccomend on the menu in general, while I'm thinking about it?" she asked, a sliver of a real smile hovering at the corners of her lips.

"I'll let you off with a last, easy question here and risk looking like I'm a lush while I ask it.. No pun intended." She said with a self-satisfied smirk. "What's the wine list like?" she asked. It hadn't quite been long enough for the warm buzz of intoxication to set in but she already felt a little more loose when it came to conversation, at least.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2016-06-13 at 07:34 PM.