New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLI

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    ((Hey 8bit, for reference in the future, any attacks or influences on other characters should be made as attempts, since in freeform it's important that defending characters be given the option to dodge, counter, or resist as their player likes. Also, make certain to carefully read the posts of your opponents, and even your allies, before posting. The dragon had breathed a small fireball at Steve the Paladin, but you didn't have him react to it at all. Other than that, you've done okay so far. ))

The dragon, faced with a distracting two knives knicking off his side and scoring a surprising, tiny hit to its abdomen and a far more distracting mass of muscle and sinew trying its damnedest to mutilate its throat with a steak knife, does not taste anything, let alone justice. Though the knives do very little, drawing some small flickers of flaming blood, the much longer sword is far more suited to combat. Even as the beast thrashes in Sam's grips, its scales and spines dragging roughly, the major blood vessel is opened wide before it, spraying its blood so far that it actually stays a liquid for a brief instant before igniting as before, exploding violently in the midst of the combatants. Laura, being the farthest away from the beast, will almost certainly take the least damage from the blast.

When the dust settles and the multiple fires are put out, some oddities arise. Everything set on fire by the beast's fluids has petrified, turning to a rock-solid substance instead of burning to ash. The table, in particular, is now entirely such and heavier than most can lift. Most flesh wouldn't have been exposed long enough for that reaction, but it's possible someone might have some skin that will need to be cut away entirely and either healed naturally or grafted.

The dragon itself, after its fiery death, is now utterly petrified. Its corpse is very hot to the touch, and utterly inflexible on the ground.
    ((Thanks for telling me, since I was hit by a fireball, I will act accordingly. In the future, I will follow these combat rules)) Steve, though wounded, stands up and sheaths his sword, "is everyone alright?" Asks Steve, inspecting the carnage "does anyone need healing?" Steve shouts. He then remembers his own pain, and puts his hand on his abdomen. He prays "Great One, giver and healer, please heal your servant" (I casted a healing spell) after his short prayer, he yells "Laura, Sam, are you guys okay? If you, or anyone else needs healing, I can lay hands"
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

What seems to be a platinum blonde woman wearing black, close-fitting, high-tech armor, trimmed in blue and gold, appears out of some of the lingering smoke near the doorway, moving carefully into the room. Her armor has multiple thruster nozzles on the boots and backpack, while her pauldrons are large and vaguely hexagonal. A pair of what might be pistols of some sort hang fixed at her hips. Her face is criss-crossed in places by dark streaks, as though she's just wiped her face with her hand after cleaning a chimney, and striking blue eyes peer out curiously at the scene of carnage from the fight with the dragon. Her long hair is pulled back into a thick braid, which hangs down her back, though she does have some bangs that help hide her forehead.

"What the heck happened in here?" Her expression is curious and worried, her eyes continuing to dart about, assessing the situation and looking for anyone who might be injured or in need of help.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    What seems to be a platinum blonde woman wearing black, close-fitting, high-tech armor, trimmed in blue and gold, appears out of some of the lingering smoke near the doorway, moving carefully into the room. Her armor has multiple thruster nozzles on the boots and backpack, while her pauldrons are large and vaguely hexagonal. A pair of what might be pistols of some sort hang fixed at her hips. Her face is criss-crossed in places by dark streaks, as though she's just wiped her face with her hand after cleaning a chimney, and striking blue eyes peer out curiously at the scene of carnage from the fight with the dragon. Her long hair is pulled back into a thick braid, which hangs down her back, though she does have some bangs that help hide her forehead.

"What the heck happened in here?" Her expression is curious and worried, her eyes continuing to dart about, assessing the situation and looking for anyone who might be injured or in need of help.
    Steve looks at the woman "Ma'am, a dragon attacked the place, a fight broke out, we killed the beast. Now I'm tending to the wounded. Who are you?" Steve extends his hand in greeting "my name's Steve, I'm a Paladin"

((Welcome Nova))
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2016-03-11 at 12:47 AM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Sakura is pulled heavily to her feet, and she immediately leans back against her stool again. "Yeah, super married. See?" She holds out her hand, laden as it is with a pretty large diamond ring. And then her hand is filled with their drink. Oh, she takes a sip. Still delicious. "Oh, we were trying to get drunk. It was his idea." She sloshes the bottle at Adir. "For some reason."

"Succeeding, cuh-learly,"
    Adir says, putting his hands on his hips. His ears flick back against his head and he grins. "Fer some reason? T-tell me you aren't havin' more fun than you were an hour ago."

The stag would have replied to Steve about that offer of work, but the fellow seems to have been put to it already. He watches the fight with wide eyes, his large ears slowly wagging.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post

"Succeeding, cuh-learly,"
    Adir says, putting his hands on his hips. His ears flick back against his head and he grins. "Fer some reason? T-tell me you aren't havin' more fun than you were an hour ago."

The stag would have replied to Steve about that offer of work, but the fellow seems to have been put to it already. He watches the fight with wide eyes, his large ears slowly wagging.
    Steve turns around to Adir, "Were you saying something? If you did, please repeat it again, and quickly, there are wounded people I must administer help to" Steve looks around and shouts "Is anyone hurt? If so, I can heal you"
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Laura takes a deep breath and falls to her knees, smiling like an idiot at her continued existence, then says, "Where did that gambler go? I want to give him a piece of my mind."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

The flash explosion singes the front of Sam's clothes to stone, which promptly rips straight off and lands on the floor, too heavy for cotton to support. He sighs, more or less unharmed, though he's not free of pain.
    "I think I'm just gonna go. Good luck with that." he says, turning to leave out the front door.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2016-03-11 at 04:23 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Laura takes a deep breath and falls to her knees, smiling like an idiot at her continued existence, then says, "Where did that gambler go? I want to give him a piece of my mind."
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The flash explosion singes the front of Sam's clothes to stone, which promptly rips straight off and lands on the floor, too heavy for cotton to support. He sighs, more or less unharmed, though he's not free of pain.
    "I think I'm just gonna go. Good luck with that." he says, turning to leave out the front door.
    Steve looks at Laura, he then asks "Do you know something about that gambler? If so, now would be a good time to tell me, because like it or not, I'm helping with this." He then looks around and says "Is there a scholar or someone who is an expert on dragons? I've killed wyrms before, but none turn your stuff to stone when they'r killed, good thing my equipment is imbued with holy power, or it might have turned to stone too." He turns to Sam and says "Before you go, there's an extra set of clothes in my saddlebag, take those, you need them more than I do"
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2016-03-11 at 04:45 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Steve turns around to Adir, "Were you saying something? If you did, please repeat it again, and quickly, there are wounded people I must administer help to" Steve looks around and shouts "Is anyone hurt? If so, I can heal you"
    "No, no, man, nothin' important. Go do your thing!" The stag insists, waving the fella onward. Gosh! Wounded people! Steve certainly seemed to take his position very seriously. Adir can't take much seriously, and that ability lessens still further when inebriated.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "No, no, man, nothin' important. Go do your thing!" The stag insists, waving the fella onward. Gosh! Wounded people! Steve certainly seemed to take his position very seriously. Adir can't take much seriously, and that ability lessens still further when inebriated.
    "wait a minute" says Steve, not even turning around, overturning wreckage "do you know anything about dragons? Especially ones that turn to stone after you kill them? If you do, it would be of utmost importance. Also, do you know anything about that gambler?" Steve continues to look through the wreckage

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Laura opens her mouth to make a scathing reply to the paladin, then grins as he's distracted and makes a break for the door, looking to lose Steve and start finding leads about this mysterious gambler fellow.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Laura opens her mouth to make a scathing reply to the paladin, then grins as he's distracted and makes a break for the door, looking to lose Steve and start finding leads about this mysterious gambler fellow.
    "Wait!" yells Steve, he runs after Laura. For wearing plate armor, he is pretty fast, and attempts to catch up. "What do you know? I'm trying to help you out!" He picks up his speed from a run to a sprint.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam raises a questioning eyebrow at the knight.
    "Nothing you've got's gonna fit me, man." he says, self-consciously rubbing his exposed belly as he goes.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Sam raises a questioning eyebrow at the knight.
    "Nothing you've got's gonna fit me, man." he says, self-consciously rubbing his exposed belly as he goes.
    Steve, still trying to stop Laura, yells "then may heaven be with you" After a moment of running, he says to Sam "hey, can you try to reason with this girl? I'm running out of breath and I need to reason with her or at least give her a better weapon than that knife"
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2016-03-11 at 09:28 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165

NinjaGuy

The woman starts to extend her hand, but as Steve turns away from her to talk to other people, and then yell about healing people and dragons, she pulls it back, a startled expression on her face. She steps aside to let Sam pass, and edges towards the bar as Laura bolts, and Steve gives chase. After watching them go, she shakes her head, then moves quickly up to the bar, signaling to the bartender.

"I'm hoping you might be able to help me," she starts when they come over. She's speaking quietly, not whispering, but very subdued. "I just arrived here in a rather unexpected way. Do you know if there is anyone or any place that might be willing to hire someone like me? I was a soldier where I came from, and I'm best equipped for that kind of work, but I'm not really picky..."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

The woman starts to extend her hand, but as Steve turns away from her to talk to other people, and then yell about healing people and dragons, she pulls it back, a startled expression on her face. She steps aside to let Sam pass, and edges towards the bar as Laura bolts, and Steve gives chase. After watching them go, she shakes her head, then moves quickly up to the bar, signaling to the bartender.

"I'm hoping you might be able to help me," she starts when they come over. She's speaking quietly, not whispering, but very subdued. "I just arrived here in a rather unexpected way. Do you know if there is anyone or any place that might be willing to hire someone like me? I was a soldier where I came from, and I'm best equipped for that kind of work, but I'm not really picky..."
    Steve stops dead in his tracks, hoping Sam will help him out "sorry Ma'am, things got in the way, I'll hire you, what's your asking price?" He extends his hand "I don't believe we have formally greeted each other yet, what's you're name?"

17. - Top - End - #167

NinjaGuy

The bartender opens their mouth to speak as Steve interrupts. The woman looks over at the paladin with an annoyed expression, one usually reserved for new recruits. Her voice is cool, and her eyes narrow, still as blue as ever, fixing him in scrutiny.

"My name is Electra, and my asking price depends on the job offered, sir paladin," She eyes his hand, but makes no move to shake it. "It seems you are quite busy already, and I am not sure I will be able to help you much. You have sworn to someone else to help them track someone down, yet you have no information on this person you wish to pursue, and the one you swore to help seemed little inclined to take it. What's worse, is that, in stopping to talk to myself and this other gentleman," she gestures towards Sam as she continues, "You have lost the person you were attempting to help and also your best lead into the person you swore to track down. I know nothing about natural dragons; they are a mythical creature where I am from, and the only ones I've ever fought have been mechanical. I appreciate the offer, but I do not believe I will be of much help to you, being so new to this...place. If you still want to hire me, we can discuss it, but without specifics, I can give you no better answer, and I believe your time might be better spent trying to catch up to the young lady you swore to help."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

The bartender opens their mouth to speak as Steve interrupts. The woman looks over at the paladin with an annoyed expression, one usually reserved for new recruits. Her voice is cool, and her eyes narrow, still as blue as ever, fixing him in scrutiny.

"My name is Electra, and my asking price depends on the job offered, sir paladin," She eyes his hand, but makes no move to shake it. "It seems you are quite busy already, and I am not sure I will be able to help you much. You have sworn to someone else to help them track someone down, yet you have no information on this person you wish to pursue, and the one you swore to help seemed little inclined to take it. What's worse, is that, in stopping to talk to myself and this other gentleman," she gestures towards Sam as she continues, "You have lost the person you were attempting to help and also your best lead into the person you swore to track down. I know nothing about natural dragons; they are a mythical creature where I am from, and the only ones I've ever fought have been mechanical. I appreciate the offer, but I do not believe I will be of much help to you, being so new to this...place. If you still want to hire me, we can discuss it, but without specifics, I can give you no better answer, and I believe your time might be better spent trying to catch up to the young lady you swore to help."
    "I'm sorry for annoying you Ma'am" starts Steve, "but you can't hunt dragons with two people. The last time I fought a dragon outside of here, I had a large taskforce, and I was the only survivor of that battle. I'm willing to hire you for 1500 gold, but that's all the money I have. I'm also going to need help finding this woman. I need help from everyone willing to help, which includes you if you take my offer" Steve starts running back towards the door and calls out "Henry." A horse is heard riding towards the front door. Steve yells "Laura, let me help you, you aren't equipped to fight a dragon, or anyone but maybe a roadside thief, at least take my sword"
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2016-03-12 at 12:06 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169

NinjaGuy

Electra considers for a moment, then shakes her head.

"I appreciate the offer, but I'm not going to be able to help you, I'm afraid." She turns back to the bartender, sure the paladin will manage by himself somehow.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

Electra considers for a moment, then shakes her head.

"I appreciate the offer, but I'm not going to be able to help you, I'm afraid." She turns back to the bartender, sure the paladin will manage by himself somehow.
    Steve says to Electra, "alright, may heaven be with you" Steve continues his chase after Laura, at this point he is already on his mount, riding after her. While riding after Lauta, Steve prays "O Powerful One, please allow your servant to find this girl so that justice may be done in Your name." As the Paladin rides on, his horse sniffs the air for Laura's scent.

21. - Top - End - #171

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Definitely ominous. But, Krystal is a bit hopeful about Malice's future.

Hopeful, but not stupid.

She pays for her drink and goes to follow the Ultron lookalike.

Well, guess we got some work to do, huh?
    ((I need to post more frequently...this was two pages ago.))

Malicebot #8 gives a hearty laugh. He just downloaded a comic about Spidergirl, and she said a pretty funny joke to that one guy of the Fantastic Five. Also, it seemed like the situationally appropriate thing to do.
    "Yes, yes we do," he says. "People to save, villains to crush, plans to thwart, and generic Eastern European cities to drop out of the sky." He doesn't laugh after this sentence, though, because he's shooting for a spit-take.

So I don't really have any inspiration right now, but heading to the Inside thread seems like a good idea. There's always things happening there, right? "Maybe we'll get lucky, even, and run into a dragon."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2016-03-12 at 05:28 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Well... that was a flurry of activity. None of it's making Sakura very comfortable. "Maybe we should be finishing this at home, Adir. I dunno if I like it here right now."

23. - Top - End - #173

"Whuh-- ahhhh, this place is harmless," Adir insists, blinking each of his eyes separately (and slowly) before glancing back toward the messy encounter before them. "Well. Mos'ly harmless. Alright. We can go."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #174

NinjaGuy

Electra doesn't acknowledge the paladin's final words to her. She looks to what she assumes is a bartender, but is actually one of the waitresses. The waitress looks back at her and thinks for a moment.

"That was good money you turned down, you know," she starts. Electra wrinkles her nose.

"Not from where I'm sitting. I need a job, not a lost cause. That girl didn't seem to want his help, and I'm not inclined to force help on someone who doesn't want it. For all I know, he could be stalking her. And even if not, he didn't seem particularly together. If circumstances were different, I might have taken it, but I just couldn't see a way where I would do much good, anyways." She shakes her head slightly and looks down for a moment, before looking back up. "Now, then, do you happen to know where I might find work from more stable clients?"

"Hmmm," she thinks for a moment, then her eyes light up, "Well, off the top of my head, you might try the MERC offices. They're usually looking for people. You might also try HALO."

"MERC? Is that a mercenary company?"

"Yep! They have offices in Riverside and Skyside." She picks up a glass and starts wiping it.

"How do I get there? As I said, I'm new here." She smiles a bit.

"Oh, it's really easy, just hop on the Riftline, and it'll take you where you want to go. Now, can I get you something?" She puts the glass down and pulls out a pad. Electra smiles and shakes her head.

"I'm sorry, but I really need to get going. Thank you so much for the info, I'll stop by again soon." Electra stands and heads out the door. The waitress looks disappointed for a moment, but then goes to tend to other patrons.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wait wait." Sakura considers something for a moment, squinting her eyes. "You can't drive. We need Cessie to come get us."

26. - Top - End - #176

"Wha'? I can-- I've barely had any. I'm sober as a sailor," Adir assures her with a brilliant grin, seemingly aware of how silly that sounds. "But if you insist. Humph."

The stag fishes out his cell phone with just a modicum more clumsiness than usual and dials the sorceress. His tail flicks with feigned impatience. Her home phone most likely, her cell if she's got one and he's aware of the number. Presumably he would be. With it still ringing, he offers the little gadget to Sakura. "You wanna asker? She's gonna s-sigh at me."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sure sure, you're tooootally sober." She giggles. "Here, gimme that." Sakura grabs the phone and crams it against her ear. She waits patiently for her friend to pick up.

28. - Top - End - #178

As Sakura hears the ringtone she might recall the fact that even if Cessie had a car or similar type of transportation, she certainly couldn't drive it. The sorceress either walked or used her elements when she wanted to go anywhere. The only thing she knew what to use as a transportation was a horse.
    "Adir? What is it?" She finally hears Cessie on the other end of the line, she sounds concerned considering the late hour.

29. - Top - End - #179

"I-- Hi Cessie!" Adir exclaims, stepping around behind Sakura and grabbing her by the shoulders, perking one ear toward the cell phone. He'll listen in!

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura winces and waves a hand in Adir's face. Not so loud in her ear! That said, Sakura herself raises her voice to the point that someone across the bar could hear her clearly. "Hi Cessie, it's me. Uh, can you get me and Adir home. I finally let him give me alcohol and I know he can't drive now."