New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Are there any recommended damage levels for improving my scores?

I have currently really slowed down on gearing as I'm playing through the Campaign on my Seasons Crusader, but I'm playing T1, might do T2 trial tonight.

Paragon 68 currently, just got into Padaemonium, and provided I can get some time free tonight from the triplets, i'm going to be completing tge story and then can hopefully jump pack to Greater Rifts.

I am running a Limitless Blessed Hammer (Johannas Argument Cubed), Akarats Champion, Falling Sword, Provoke and Shield Glare along with Johanna's argument to just spam out a million Hammers with Cooldown reduced for each enemy hit by a resource spender, topped off with Reapers Wraps and a Health Globe drop improver but I'm lacking in Single Target Damage; particularly noticeable against Diablo, Adria, Urzael and I'm guessing Malthael when I get there.

I'm trying to get Gabriels Vambraces, and/or possibly Hammer Jammers.

I'm really enjoying it, but I really want to push to try and get that second stash tab this season, but I struggled with a Torment 4 attempt to kill the Siege Beast (and disconnected before i got to the beast).

And should I swap my Movement Speed Paragon (running Cubed Illusory Boots) for improved Strength?

I have 280K Damage and 8.5M toughness with 1.1M Recov. I do have 4 PC invokers, but it rolled very poorly.

Any advice other than 'loot more'?
    Feel free to link your profile/battletag and we can help you with specific build, gem and enchanting suggestions. I've helped a couple of folks here with dramatic results even just using the gear they currently have.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Banned

Devil

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Unless you just don't feel that you need the movement speed you should always max out your movement speed via paragon and never keep any on items. What you get via paragon levels is the cap, and that opens up a slot on boots that is far more useful then the 50 points in paragon levels.
    Unless you have boots that rolled movement speed and some skill you don't use (this happens to me a lot). In that case it's better to reroll the skill to something useful and tweak your paragon levels appropriately.

Edit: If anyone's unlocked the extra stash tab yet, what are the the actual big hurdles in the process? I might be able to get the "master 8 set dungeons" thing done since I have two characters, but right now I'm only at 3.
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2016-03-08 at 01:32 PM.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

4. - Top - End - #64

Got it. Okay...

I would strongly suggest deciding between blessed hammer or melee - trying to go for a mix of both like you are now is just going to make them both weaker than they would be alone. I recommend going melee (specifically, Sweep Attack) - even though your torso is from the Light set, without the rest of the set hammers are pretty weak. Sweep will also trigger both your Denial and Stalgard's for a big damage boost.

Hammer builds have a lot of cooldowns (as you've no doubt noticed), and even with your OROTZ you're going to have a lot of downtime due to only having 7% CDR before paragon and extremely slow attack speed due to using a 2-hander. If you want to stick with hammers, go for a 1H weapon and swap Heavenly Strength for Fervor, which both gives you a big 15% cooldown reduction increase, it also boosts your attack speed, letting you proc your OROTZ more often and lower your cooldowns even more.

If you go with Sweep, replace Blunt with Indestructible, make the gear changes below, and start pushing into higher difficulties. If you stick with hammers, replace Slash with Justice, get a 1-hander, and replace HS with Fervor.

In terms of gear - well obviously you want to replace the yellows and up your gems as soon as possible but until then, I would do the following rerolls. (Note: numbers below don't include paragon points.)

Spoiler
    Show
    1) Reroll the Life on Hit on your weapon to a socket and drop your best emerald in there. Even an Imperial Emerald will get you 60k more dps, i.e. a 21.5% damage boost, and the higher you can get it the better off you'll be. (A Royal will get you 24%.)

2) You're not using Justice, so the Justice damage on your belt isn't doing anything. Rerolling it to Resist All will get you ~1M more toughness. (8.5 -> 9.5)

3) Reroll the Life on Hit on your gloves to either Crit Chance or Attack Speed. The average value of 9% gives you a 50k damage increase.

4) You need a new amulet badly; the one you're wearing has Dex. Even a crafted yellow will likely leave you better off. At the very least, reroll the Dex to Str (30k dps increase, i.e. 12%) until you can get something better.

5) The physical damage on your Reaper's Wraps isn't doing anything; Either reroll it to fire or to a defensive stat instead. Rerolling it to the average value of resists (95) gets you another million toughness.

6) Replace the Life On Hit on your helm with a socket, and drop your best diamond or amethyst in there.

7) Drop that OROTZ in your cube and get a ring with primary stat (Strength) on it instead. OROTZ should almost never be worn because the stats on it are terrible aside from that godly affix.

Making the changes above I was able to nearly double your damage (277 to 442) and boost your toughness by over 50% (8.5M to 13M.)

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    Unless you have boots that rolled movement speed and some skill you don't use (this happens to me a lot). In that case it's better to reroll the skill to something useful and tweak your paragon levels appropriately.

Edit: If anyone's unlocked the extra stash tab yet, what are the the actual big hurdles in the process? I might be able to get the "master 8 set dungeons" thing done since I have two characters, but right now I'm only at 3.
    The conquests are the big ones - The Thrill and Masters of the Universe were mine and they took as much time to get as every other requirement of the season I found.

The only other ones that are time consuming are running a rift in under 3 minutes (which is actually easy, if you keep joining public games you'll get it eventually) and leveling 3 gems to 55 takes a while too, but that helps you with the conquests anyway.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

5. - Top - End - #65
    Banned

Devil

This is amazing, thank you! I'll make some changes when I get home. I played for a few hours last night, and all I have to do is finish Invokers dungeon for Chapter 5.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Is there any way to link from the new consoles to the online builder like that? BNet so far shows no indication that it actually thinks I have Diablo, and I don't know if that will change with the PS4.
    Haven't actually got the PS4 hooked up yet though, got it on Monday but with the kids we just didn't want to set it up with them around because we'll probably be looking at hours worth of updates between the system and the game. Looking at doing it tonight.

7. - Top - End - #67

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    Is there any way to link from the new consoles to the online builder like that? BNet so far shows no indication that it actually thinks I have Diablo, and I don't know if that will change with the PS4.
    Haven't actually got the PS4 hooked up yet though, got it on Monday but with the kids we just didn't want to set it up with them around because we'll probably be looking at hours worth of updates between the system and the game. Looking at doing it tonight.
    The answer appears to be no

You can of course manually recreate your character in the builder but that's understandably irritating.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, it would be different if items were set, but with the random aspect of every single item it makes it a huge PITA to do it by hand. 13 slots with 6 different bonuses all at variable levels, then 6 skills and ruins and then 4 more passives and now the cube as well.

May have to do a quick search and see if there is a quick and easy way to export it from the save file.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Banned

Devil

So, slight update as of last night. I've ran a few T4 or more rifts after trying out Invokers; (it seems kinda broken, but hey, seeing 54m damage is brilliant when I've literally) and picked up some better kit. On my very final bounty run I got a Blood Goblin, followed by a Portal to Greed (got a Firebirds Helm, no real idea of quality, and 50m gold after picking up a Cindercoat earlier in the night) and then gambled with Kadala and got a Spiker, and the Steed Charge Shield. I have the 2H Flail in my non season Stash.

I'm going to try and organise my Spiker to be better than my current Shield with some Enchanting tonight, and rinse through some of my money reducing my stack of gems (i picked up Leoric's Crown, which dropped a bucket ton of Ruby's, and try and get a Socket on the Axe to pop in the Topaz.

Also, picked up a RoRG, and the first in a legacy of nightmares set, which former of which had rolls were good enough to outclass my current, and the latter is not only awaiting its partner, but some ancients.

It looks like a belt is next on the cards then, looking for that Bombardment Belt.

10. - Top - End - #70

You should also be going for a legendary amulet, looking to upgrade your gems, and then get sockets in the rest of your jewelry and shield. Then you can drop Vigilant for Finery and have the same toughness with nearly double damage. Run some GRifts until you get the Boyarsky's Chip gem, it shouldn't take long if you're already handling T4.

As you have no spenders at all, you should try to get your hands on Aquila Cuirass for a massive toughness boost - you'll exceed 30M. I would also consider dropping Akarats Champion for Steed Charge so you can farm faster by zipping between elites.

Your cube is still showing Johannas and Rakoffs, so definitely swap those out for something that benefits your build more
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

So apparently my plan to get everything set up and ready to go beforehand was partially a big screw up. Since my account (wife's characters) was already on an XBL account it went just as planned. However my wife's profile (my characters) was just a local account. Apparently there is no way at all to link an offline profile with an existing account. You can create a new XBL account through the offline profile, but that is the only way. Of course we couldn't use her email address, because it was taken with the XBL account I had created earlier. It took forever before we figured out we couldn't actually do what we wanted to do. We even tried downloading her XBL account and moving the save over, but it is not possible to move the save between profiles. We ended up having to find an old, mostly unused email address, recover the password, and then use that to set up a new XBL account through her offline profile, then go into BNET and switch the link from the other XBL account to the new one (the link that I had set up earlier yesterday), and got it all working and transferred over.

The D3 update was just over 2GB, but it only took 30 minutes to download. We spent several hours trying to figure out the account thing. So by the time we sat down to actually play the kids were already home. Not normally an issue, except that we only have 2 controllers right now (extra $100 for 2 more is going to have to wait a bit) and we weren't going to create all the accounts necessary to transfer over their characters. So they wanted to play and then didn't want to play and switch between who was playing which character a bunch and we didn't really make it anywhere.

We tried to get Kanai's cube, freed the barbarians, found Kanai, followed him to his stomping grounds and killed some cows. He opened a portal back we went through, and then nothing happened. There hadn't been any quest tracking since freeing the barbarians, and no indication as to what to do after killing all the cows. Not sure what we missed (we were in adventure mode, T3).

Right off I couldn't tell much of a difference in skills, didn't notice anything had changed right away. But I could tell we were more powerful, I had switched it to T3, and it was easier than T2 on the 360. The game looked better and felt smoother.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Firbolg in the Playground

Honestly the biggest things to focus on right now (in no particular order) are going to be
    1) Socket for the weapon (slot in a yellow gem)
    2) Boyarski's leveled as high as you can push it
    3) Heart of Iron
    4) Belt of the Trove

The first three will get you an immediate huge spike in Thorns damage, making you much more effective overall. Seriously, you mention 54mil thorns hits, I regularly see 10billion thorns hits. It's that huge of a difference. Belt of the Trove is primarily for the huge defensive boost, but with Barrel of Spikes glyphed it's also pretty great damage (especially if you can also pick up a Mortal Drama to cube).

Like Psyren said, Aquilla's Curias is also fantastic. Both it and Heart of Iron are practically mandatory for Invokers, thank goodness for the cube!

On skills:
    1) Once you get Boyarsky's to 25, the benefit of Provoke is negligible, you're better off switching Provoke out for almost anything else. Agree that Steed Charge is the way to go here.
    2) The Slash Glyph you're using isn't any good. Thorns can't crit and your non-thorns damage is negligible. Invokers is pretty much the one set where you are avoiding crit/crit damage like the plague. Punish with Celerity is generally the way to go but I admit to not having looked at the Slash glyphs much.
    3) Finery should replace Vigilant. 13.5% strength increase with a full complement of gem sockets translates into a lot of damage and toughness both.

Other:
    When you want to start pushing higher grift levels, you may want even more toughness than what the above offers. At that point, I recommend keeping an eye out for Justice Lantern, and using Blood Brother over Mortal Drama in the cube (trading out a bit of damage for a lot of extra block); and possibly also switching Indestructable for Hold Your Ground (depending on if you're hitting block cap without Hold Your Ground or not. You probably are not). Justice Lantern with a high block chance build is basically an extra 40% or so extra DR that stacks with everything else.

In the end you have 50% reduction (set), 50% reduction (Aquilas), 37.5% reduction (Justice Lantern). So you're taking about 1/6th as much damage as a typical player altogether passively. All on top of a 1million+ health pool, 75% chance of blocking an incoming attack (block's damage reduction is actually somewhat noticable when incoming damage is reduced so much), great defensive cooldowns, and normal resistances/armor. It's really kind of silly.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

And then next patch they're making its offense stronger.

14. - Top - End - #74

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    In the end you have 50% reduction (set), 50% reduction (Aquilas), 37.5% reduction (Justice Lantern). So you're taking about 1/6th as much damage as a typical player altogether passively. All on top of a 1million+ health pool, 75% chance of blocking an incoming attack (block's damage reduction is actually somewhat noticable when incoming damage is reduced so much), great defensive cooldowns, and normal resistances/armor. It's really kind of silly.
    To be fair, "typical player" is a bit of a minsomer here - just about every build that is viable above T10 will want a 50% DR buff in their build somewhere, and possibly even 2. The majority of the 6pc sets include one now, or some equivalent. For instance, DMO gives 50% DR while standing in your bubble, Helltooth gives 60% DR every time you Necrosis something, UE gives 60% DR if you keep your distance etc. And even the "glass cannon" sets out there like Ulianas and Jade Harvester typically have an open slot for a DR-boosting item like Spirit Guards or Lakumba's.

Having said that, Thornsaders are indeed tougher than most. On top of the reductions you mentioned above, Finery allows them to stack diamonds/amethysts in their gear without losing much damage, plus having a shield as their offhand grants both higher armor and a chance to block, reducing damage yet further.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

15. - Top - End - #75
    Banned

Devil

Well that certainly gives me a goal; i have used all of my Keystones now, so need to farm some more. I think I'm missing 14 Legendary Gems, and I reckon I might be able to hit 25 for levelling so thats 5 Keystones there, then another 10 levels with only ~80% success, so that is another maybe 5 Keystones, going by an 80% drop rate at T4, that is possibly 25 Keystones (worst case) needing 32 Runs; at around 6-7 Minutes per run, that is around 4 hours of Rifts; I should hopefully have found a decent Aquila Cuirass, Belt of the Trove and/or Heart of Iron. The missus is home tonight so I should be able to get some playtime on it.

Is there any particular Amulet or Ring to go for? With thebRoRG are there any 3 or 4 piece sets to take advantage of?

I actually have a Mortal Drama, but as I was using Blessed Hammer/Falling Sword at the time, the poor rolls didn't do me any favours, and lacking materials meant that I hadn't cubed it yet.

This new upscale in damage has definitely made me enjoy the game more than mindless farming of 'stuff' to gamble. It feels a bit like 'look mum, no hands' when riding a bike. Going to give T5 and maybe T6 equivalents a run tonight, possibly try and box off the set dungeon for the Seasonal stuff.

Would a Barbarian be the next best shot for Seasons to get the sets due to the stat similarity in equipment or should it not take any effect?

Sorry for all the questions, you guys/girls are incredible.
    Last edited by Vaz; 2016-03-10 at 02:00 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76

Is there any particular Amulet or Ring to go for?
    Hellfire Amulet is generally the go-to, since it is guaranteed two good affixes (socket + main stat) and also gives you a 5th passive. To get it, you'll need to farm the keywardens located in acts 1-4 for their Infernal Machines.

With thebRoRG are there any 3 or 4 piece sets to take advantage of?
    The only 3pc/4pc sets left are the crafted ones - all the dropped sets are 5-7 now, with the old 4pc class sets like Vyr and Shadow being upped to 6.

Of the crafted sets, the only ones really worth mentioning are Aughild's (passable filler until you get something better) and Sage's (great for stockpiling breaths, which you can then use in the cube to get something better.) See the theme?

This new upscale in damage has definitely made me enjoy the game more than mindless farming of 'stuff' to gamble. It feels a bit like 'look mum, no hands' when riding a bike. Going to give T5 and maybe T6 equivalents a run tonight, possibly try and box off the set dungeon for the Seasonal stuff.
    At 16M toughness you shouldn't be having any issues with T6, so have at it. This difficulty will also guarantee more GR keystones, and legendary gems are your easiest way aside from rerolling to boost your numbers quickly while you wait for better gear. Make sure you up to T7 before running bounties though.

Would a Barbarian be the next best shot for Seasons to get the sets due to the stat similarity in equipment or should it not take any effect?

No problem

I generally pair classes up with their stat-based equivalent but that's just me. Jewelry like CoE, Unity, RRoG and SoJ are generally easy to transfer, and many weapons can be shared too.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Well that certainly gives me a goal; i have used all of my Keystones now, so need to farm some more. I think I'm missing 14 Legendary Gems, and I reckon I might be able to hit 25 for levelling so thats 5 Keystones there, then another 10 levels with only ~80% success, so that is another maybe 5 Keystones, going by an 80% drop rate at T4, that is possibly 25 Keystones (worst case) needing 32 Runs; at around 6-7 Minutes per run, that is around 4 hours of Rifts; I should hopefully have found a decent Aquila Cuirass, Belt of the Trove and/or Heart of Iron. The missus is home tonight so I should be able to get some playtime on it.

Is there any particular Amulet or Ring to go for? With thebRoRG are there any 3 or 4 piece sets to take advantage of?

I actually have a Mortal Drama, but as I was using Blessed Hammer/Falling Sword at the time, the poor rolls didn't do me any favours, and lacking materials meant that I hadn't cubed it yet.

RoRG really isn't useful for Thornsader unless you're missing a piece.

Traveler's pledge set is ideal for Thornsader. Amulet+ring combo leaves you room for a Justice Lantern (you want to wear the JL because it ALSO rolls block %) and a cubed CoE. The CoE is basically how I've made it to GR63, when you see the lightning proc it's time to let a bunch of mobs surround you (and stop moving so your damage bonus goes up to 100% from traveler's pledge) so you can pop everything as soon as the physical is up and kill things relatively quickly, then get a move on and hope a rare or elite pack shows up before your lightning proc rolls around again. Only issue with the set amulet is it always rolls crit damage, which is great for everything except Thornsader. I cannot seem to get the damn thing to drop or roll with a socket so I'm stuck rerolling the crit damage to socket intead of physical %. However, my current amulet did roll Thorns, so that's something. It's really hard to get an ideal amulet because the thorns roll has to happen naturally since you'll always be rerolling the crit damage.

The build I've seen for thornsader has been resist aura that reduces enemy damage when active + thorns consecrate + defensive cooldown that also adds thorns + akarat's champion (prophet) + punish (celerity) + steed charge. How do you fit bombardment in there (maybe drop the resist aura?), and if you do, I assume you do not reroll the damage on Pig Sticker as I see recommended? I thought belt of the Trove was why you didn't need to have bombardment on your bar.

I personally wouldn't drop akarat's champion. The damage boost and built in cheat death are great since you don't have room for the actual passive or hellfire amulet. Also, once you (eventually) get your Akarat's (Awakening?) shield with the 1s cooldown reduction on 20-25% of your blocks (in a block-capped build), Akarat's Champion is on most of the time.

Note that if a good enough ancient aquila curiass drops, you can reroll the secondary into Thorns and wear it and cube Heart of Iron to get the full 300% of your Vitality to Thorns. I don't know if Aquila can roll the same amount of secondary Thorns as Heart of Iron though, which can roll up to 9k thorns when Ancient (and always rolls Thorns). The only things wrong with my ancient HoI are the thorns % from vitality roll is middle-ish, it only rolled with two sockets, and I needed to reroll something else (I think to Vitality).

From what I've seen, it's better to use STR gems even with finery because STR multiplies all your thorns damage (Vit just adds to it with HoI) and the more STR you have the more you get from the bonus % for each gem.

One thing that's counterintuitive when playing thornsader is if you know you have enough toughness, you actually want to run INTO the lines of bugs the wasps shoot at you. Each hit will AoE proc your thorns.
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2016-03-10 at 03:30 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78

I only meant he should drop AC until he has that shield (or other significant cooldown reduction.) Sorry that wasn't clear. I agree that Provoke is the one to drop later. Either way, Steed Charge is too useful/fun to pass up.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

19. - Top - End - #79
    Banned

Devil

Made some changes as requested; Greater Rift 27 Completed in 5:05, with Sheet Damage just shy of 360K (although my gear is hardly tweaked), and Sheet Toughness of just over 12M. Picked up a Bonesabre with a +7% Attack Speed.

On my shield, is it better to roll a socket (I have a Flawless Royal Ruby, and shouldn't be too hard to get a Flawless Diamond or Amethyst) or should I swap it's Gold Find to +Thorns (5.3K-7.7K). Still no Boyarsky, nor Aquila etc, but it's ~3hrs of play, so I'm not that fussed yet. Although Kadala and me? 2000 Blood shards and nada. She's dead to me. Sweet FA worthwhile.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Made some changes as requested; Greater Rift 27 Completed in 5:05, with Sheet Damage just shy of 360K (although my gear is hardly tweaked), and Sheet Toughness of just over 12M. Picked up a Bonesabre with a +7% Attack Speed.

On my shield, is it better to roll a socket (I have a Flawless Royal Ruby, and shouldn't be too hard to get a Flawless Diamond or Amethyst) or should I swap it's Gold Find to +Thorns (5.3K-7.7K). Still no Boyarsky, nor Aquila etc, but it's ~3hrs of play, so I'm not that fussed yet. Although Kadala and me? 2000 Blood shards and nada. She's dead to me. Sweet FA worthwhile.
    Completed IN 5:05? Crank that difficulty up!

Re: Shield, how much Cooldown Reduction do you have?

21. - Top - End - #81
    Banned

Devil

Will do =). Giving T7 a try. Had a quick boojy around with removing some of the nonsense +Fist of the Heavens etc, and just shot up to 14.5M toughness after picking up +15% Health and +100 Resist (All) on my Helmet and Bracers respectively. I just don't last long enough in the Set Dungeon.

My CDR is 23.5%, but to get that, I'd be swapping Str/Vit/Resist (All)/Crit Chance (+9.5%) for it, rather than Gold Find.

Picked up my first ancient! Butcher's Carver. ¬_¬

22. - Top - End - #82
    Firbolg in the Playground

The build I've seen for thornsader has been resist aura that reduces enemy damage when active + thorns consecrate + defensive cooldown that also adds thorns + akarat's champion (prophet) + punish (celerity) + steed charge. How do you fit bombardment in there (maybe drop the resist aura?), and if you do, I assume you do not reroll the damage on Pig Sticker as I see recommended? I thought belt of the Trove was why you didn't need to have bombardment on your bar.
    Depends on what you're pushing for. Personally I switch out Consecrate for Bombardment, because being able to have Barrel of Spikes glyphed makes the damage on bombardment really awesome. If I'm farming lower content, I'll drop my Resist Aura for Consecrate, since Consecrate deals fairly decent damage as well. If I'm pushing grifts I drop bombardment altogether and go with the normally recommended Consecrate + Aura.

Personally I don't even use Pig Sticker, I enjoy the extra duration from Swiftmount too much. From a pure damage perspective, pigsticker is better, but from actual gameplay perspective that extra horse duration is huge. (I also use the Endurance Rune over Spiked Barding. 100% thorn damage per second is nice, but doesn't actually 1-2 shot stuff at torment 10, and if I'm going to have to stop to kill it anyway I'd rather be able to just skip past it and devastate the next elite I find instead.) Endurance + Swiftmount gives a 6-second duration, between that and my CDR I have effectively 100% mount uptime. Or close enough to it that I don't often notice the difference.

If it helps, this is my Crusader profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/O.../hero/73404837 (and that should also answer one question: The Curias can in fact roll thorns, and up to 9000 of it. My ancient curias has 8600 thorns)
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

23. - Top - End - #83
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

We tried to get Kanai's cube, freed the barbarians, found Kanai, followed him to his stomping grounds and killed some cows. He opened a portal back we went through, and then nothing happened. There hadn't been any quest tracking since freeing the barbarians, and no indication as to what to do after killing all the cows. Not sure what we missed (we were in adventure mode, T3).
    Ah, that's the result of a few things being mutually confusing: The cube itself is found in a small side-room on the upper-right side of one of the open snowy sections of the elder sanctum, NOT in the immortal throne area- the quest there with the cows is actually totally unrelated.

24. - Top - End - #84

Yeah, I'm definitely not the guy for Thorns advice. I don't fully grok the mechanics and my inner Johnny has an innate aversion to FotM builds (the reason I never ran Delrasha.) At least with FireRasha there's room for experimentation - with Thornsader there is a clear "best" choice for just about everything with little room for variation.

Anyway - since this is the de facto Diablo thread, here's some news and such:

Diablo 2 gets its first new patch in almost 5 years ----> helps the game run on modern PCs/Macs

Next Diablo 3 patch is full of cosmetic rewards --> new wings, pets and transmogs leaked so far.

Forbes speculates about new expansion ----> (Spoiler alert: hopeful but nothing concrete)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Istarial View Post
    Ah, that's the result of a few things being mutually confusing: The cube itself is found in a small side-room on the upper-right side of one of the open snowy sections of the elder sanctum, NOT in the immortal throne area- the quest there with the cows is actually totally unrelated.
    We found it last night, after running everything else in the zone and checking back at town we decided to go back for another look. "We" missed the small out-cove where it was. And by we, I mean the kids wanted to play at that point and we had to go back and check all the little places they missed.

We didn't get a chance to actually do anything with the cube yet. We're going to need a lot of crafting material first. Those are from the caches only right? I think I asked before but can't remember if I did or just read some of the wikis.

We also found that we had some wings sitting in our bags and put them on. Where do we get more things like that? Are they event/quest awards or are they random drops?

Also looking at the numbers you guys are posting, and what we have, I'm thinking we should be able to do a lot harder stuff than we do. My barbarian has ~280k damage and ~20m defense, wife's wizard has ~350k damage and ~7.8m defense. It just seems like it takes us a while to kill things still. No way my barbarian would be running anything quickly on his own, would never die but take forever to kill things. Given the sheet damage, I'm thinking it has to be skill selection and maybe some itemization that doesn't show up on those stats. My barbarian is running whirlwind, I seem to be really lacking in single target damage, which skills should I look at to increase that?

I'm sure the cube will be helping too, no idea how long it will be before I get things worth extracting and have the materials to do it though.

26. - Top - End - #86

We didn't get a chance to actually do anything with the cube yet. We're going to need a lot of crafting material first. Those are from the caches only right? I think I asked before but can't remember if I did or just read some of the wikis.
    There's a lot of recipes that use a lot of different resources. Some use the bounty mats. Some use forgotten souls and deaths breaths. Some use gems. Some use white, blue and yellow salvage mats. It all depends on what specifically you're trying to do.

The cube interface should have a button you can press to show you the recipes and what you need for each one. Or you can just read this - or the cube guide I posted earlier

We also found that we had some wings sitting in our bags and put them on. Where do we get more things like that? Are they event/quest awards or are they random drops?
    I believe those were a free reward for upgrading to the new console version. Right now the only way to get more wings is to go to Blizzcon, but the next patch should have more that we can win. You can also get pennants (wearable flags) by clearing the set dungeons.

Also looking at the numbers you guys are posting, and what we have, I'm thinking we should be able to do a lot harder stuff than we do. My barbarian has ~280k damage and ~20m defense, wife's wizard has ~350k damage and ~7.8m defense. It just seems like it takes us a while to kill things still. No way my barbarian would be running anything quickly on his own, would never die but take forever to kill things. Given the sheet damage, I'm thinking it has to be skill selection and maybe some itemization that doesn't show up on those stats. My barbarian is running whirlwind, I seem to be really lacking in single target damage, which skills should I look at to increase that?
    Without a way to see your whole build and gear that's going to be really tough to analyze
    See if you can find a way to share the details, or in the worst case scenario, manually input your stuff into d3planner.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

27. - Top - End - #87
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I believe those were a free reward for upgrading to the new console version. Right now the only way to get more wings is to go to Blizzcon, but the next patch should have more that we can win. You can also get pennants (wearable flags) by clearing the set dungeons.
    There are also some wings available for doing every set dungeon for every class, but that might take a while...

28. - Top - End - #88

Quote Originally Posted by Istarial View Post
    There are also some wings available for doing every set dungeon for every class, but that might take a while...
    Mastering in fact. Yeah, forgot those.

There's also some for pre-ordering WoW Legion, though I have no idea if console gets those.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Forbes speculates about new expansion ----> (Spoiler alert: hopeful but nothing concrete)
    Man, you got me excited for absolutely nothing. There isn't even anything "hopeful" in that article, it is literally nothing but an opinion piece by someone who isn't even an insider. I don't see how that article qualifies as anything spoilery or hopeful :-(. The guy just talked about how great D3's sales #'s and how with the decline of WoW subs and the uncertain future of Starcraft that it just makes sense for a 2nd D3 expansion.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Banned

Devil

You can now get wings via killing bosses on the PTR; bone for killing Adria, and Butterfly Black for Magda, Butterfly Red for Uber Magda.

Also, fairly happy with my transmogs now.

Spoiler
    Show

I just wish there were some additional Spear transmogs. Only one I really otherwise like is Three Hundredth Spear, but I don't like the overbearing Spell effect. - Edit; running Pig Sticker, hence spear.

Current Build.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/V.../hero/75298797

I've now got both Legacy of Nightmares, so am building up to getting some Ancient Gear in my stash. Still no Boyarsky's drop, Aquila Cuirass, Akarat's Awakening, Swiftmount, or Heart of Iron. I've not had enough Death's Breaths to start cubing (literally got 5 pages full of Legendary's to Cube/Smash).
    Last edited by Vaz; 2016-03-12 at 05:08 AM.