New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: World of Salvus Bravo (IC)

Abby

It is a pleasure to meet you. Abby said with a quick curtsey.

Can I acquire as to the purpose of our mission? She questions with a raised eyebrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Doran

We're doing a pretend mission, right? Doran still looks a bit nervous, but seems a little more at ease.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Firbolg in the Playground

Enoch Stoneborn
    Unnamed Inn's Back Room
    Sky City of Obelisk

"Inquire as you like, cleric." Enoch nods to Abby. "It's not a pretend mission, young fellow." He smiles at Doran. "It will be a very real mission and you very well might receive a beating from would-be Stone Sentinels. In fact, I'm all but hoping you do!" He laughs, filling the room and shaking the table a little. "We test our new recruits with something similar each year. I need you to steal a replica of this-" He hefts a massive hammer onto the table with a thud. "This, is psuedo-avatar of Orbos' own weapon, Mountain Crusher." He grins. "Go ahead, try and lift it." He'll chuckle each time someone attempts to lift it and inevitably fails, but it isn't condescending, more like humor at a common party trick. "Obviously the replica will be more portable."
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

4. - Top - End - #274

Furude Setsuna

Setsuna pokes the relic a bit, nodding. She stands up straight and grins at Enoch. "Got it. Do we get any information on the building's layout or anything? And how much are we allowed to hurt the recruits?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

5. - Top - End - #275

Enoch Stoneborn
    Unnamed Inn's Back Room
    Sky City of Obelisk

The large man thinks this over for a moment. "I cannot give out a map of the building's interior, as that would be both an unfair advantage and breach of security." He smiles. "The recruits only just arrived, you see." He removes the hammer from the table, with a little bit of a pout that no one tried to lift it. "In regards to harming the recruits, think of it as 'the Golden Rule'. Except in this case, it will probably hurt more. Lethal force is strictly prohibited in the Tower of Stone, unless there is no other option." He muses. "So it is best you don't take away all other options!"

Enoch walks to window, pulling back the blinds and points. "That is the Tower of Stone. The most holy of holy places among Orbos' faithful." He moves his finger to point at the base now. "The Stone Chapel is where you'll be breaking into. It is built at the base of the tower and you'll have to make your way to the third floor to find my 'office'. That's where we'll have the replica."

6. - Top - End - #276
    Colossus in the Playground

So we should bring in saps. So that we don't escalate to lethal force? Abby questioned cocking her head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiloren

"Using nonlethal options should not be too much of an issue," Kiloren noted before looking up at Enoch. "I must say, though... If we were actually attempting to steal this replica, we would attempt to learn more about the building before attempting the theft. So to me, at least, having at least a partial map would make sense. That, and it is often the case in real life that the enemy has an unfair advantage - wouldn't it be a much better test of skill and character to prove that your would-be recruits are more than capable of stopping us even if we have the advantage?

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Just in case I actually have a chance to convince him, here's a Diplomacy roll: (1d20+5)[14]
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

8. - Top - End - #278

BardGuy

Doran

Uh...how heavy is the replica? Will we need to make it look really heavy? Doran leans on his spear, looking exhausted but interested.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

9. - Top - End - #279

Enoch Stoneborn
    Unnamed Inn's Back Room
    Sky City of Obelisk

He nods at Abby. "Arm yourself with whatever you see fit. Or knock them flat with the broadside of a sword. Up to you! I can provide temporary arms, if you need them."

He takes in Kiloren's words with an aged wiseness. "I suppose you're correct. Very well! I'll give you three days to scout out the place." He smiles deviously. "As for a bare bones map. I can present you with this." He hands over a city blueprint of the Stone Chapel. "That'll give you the entire layout of the building, except for the lowest level."

Smiling directly at Doran, he nods. "I don't suspect that the recruits know much about the hammer yet, so don't worry too much. All of the regular guards will be 'out for training' on whichever day you launch your attack."

10. - Top - End - #280

Furude Setsuna

Taking the blueprint curiously, Setsuna scans it over and nods slowly. "Ah, this'll certainly help. We'll definitely be able to figure something out with this."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

11. - Top - End - #281

BardGuy

Doran

Doran looks over Setsuna's shoulder at the blueprint. What are all the extra lines for? That looks like a lot of buildings.

12. - Top - End - #282

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Hey, Bravo. Work's crazy this week for me. But the good news, is that it's Friday! I'll get you guys an actual map for the complex by tomorrow (hopefully). Sorry for the delay. PM me if I haven't done it by tomorrow night.

13. - Top - End - #283

BardGuy

Doran

Doran turns to the rest of the group. So now that we have this, what's our next step?

14. - Top - End - #284

Enoch Stoneborn
    Unnamed Inn's Back Room
    Sky City of Obelisk

"My next step is to go home." The large man stands, filling the room. "In three days time, myself and all the guards will take leave of the cathedral. I wish you luck!" Enoch will leave the room, if no one has further questions.