New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Rain: A Transgender Coming of Age Drama

I found out about Rain from a link on the Giant in the Playground forum, but as far as I know there has never been a thread for this comic. The comic returned yesterday after a length hiatus, so now seems like as good a time as any to start a thread about it.

Right before her senior year of high school, the eponymous transgender protagonist moves to a new town, along with her aunt Fara. Since she doesn't know anyone else in her new how, Rain hopes to be able to go through her last year of high school presenting as a girl full time, without anyone else knowing that she is trans. The early comics revolve around a small cast featuring Rain, Fara, and Rain's three friends Gavin, Maria, and Rudy. Later, the story expands to encompass a large main cast with a bunch of interconnected subplots.

Rain is posted simultaneously on three different websites: Comic Fury, Smackjeeves, and Deviant Art. The comic is the same on all three sites (aside from a one-panel joke on one page), so you can read it on whichever site has your favorite user-interface.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Rain: A Transgender Coming of Age Drama

Rain's pretty close to my favorite comic right now. Super excited about its return on Wednesday. I think the plot I'm most looking forward to the continuation of is the one with Colette.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Rain: A Transgender Coming of Age Drama

For Colette, I've jokingly speculated that his name will end up being either "Ryan" or "Aaron." That will make Rain or Ana really uncomfortable, and Ryan/Aaron would have no idea why!

I don't really expect that to happen outside of maybe a Rain Delay, since such a naming coincidence would probably distract from the important story of Colette beginning socially transitioning.