New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 GMR 15: Return to normalcy

Spoiler: The snark;America
    Show

So you may have realized by the military around it, that you took out a savages outpost that I was farming.

How do you intend to make it up to China?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: China
    Show
    Panama wanted them gone, so we did it. You got a problem with that, take it up with them. This ain't your land and we don't owe you nothin'.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #363

Before I take my turn.

Spoiler: The snark;America
    Show

If you're going to run wild and take over the camps of the savages that we use for live fire exercises. You are going to need to leave the Western Peninsula immediately. Is that acceptable?

~Wu Zetian of China.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: America
    Show
    Naw. We'll stay out of your land, friend, and we ain't going out of our way to find savages, but our boys are lookin' for what's left of Austria.

5. - Top - End - #365

Spoiler: America; The snark
    Show

To the north, though you'll need embarkation.

As long as you leave the other camps alone, we can trade you the open borders that'll you need.

6. - Top - End - #366

Can we get an extension of the turn timer. Me and America are in the middle of complex high level negotiations.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: China
    Show
    Sure thing.

8. - Top - End - #368

False alarm, playing my turn now.

9. - Top - End - #369

Spoiler: America;The snark
    Show

We were able to send a request for embassies. Apparently my nobles are insisting that we have embassies before we exchange open borders. Just send a request for open borders, when you send the acceptance of embassies.

~Wu Zetian of China.

Spoiler: Ethiopia;Zevox
    Show

Our merchants are looking for new people to trade with. Would you be interested in a ship loaded with Chinese goods coming to your harbors, or should we look elsewhere?

~Wu Zetian of China.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Spoiler: Ethiopia;Zevox
    Show

Our merchants are looking for new people to trade with. Would you be interested in a ship loaded with Chinese goods coming to your harbors, or should we look elsewhere?

~Wu Zetian of China.
    Spoiler: China (Illven)
    Show
    Unless you intend to return to Austria what is rightfully theirs and make due reparations to them, you have no business even asking. As we made clear years ago, we do not deal with unrepentant murderers.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

11. - Top - End - #371
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Zevox (Ethiopia)
    Show
    Is the news from the western front poor? Know that the MIT has your back should China be threatening you and your sovereign people.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RayGallade View Post
    Show
    Is the news from the western front poor? Know that the MIT has your back should China be threatening you and your sovereign people.
    Spoiler: Morocco (RayGallade)
    Show
    Not at this time. For some reason they were asking if we would accept trade with them - we reminded them that, as we said years ago, we do not deal with unrepentant murderers.

Our border watch does notice at least one of their Chu-ko-nu Crossbowmen lingering near the western border of Panama, but thus far it has made no move against our watchman or to cross into Panama's territory, so we simply remain watchful there for the time being.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2016-09-12 at 06:28 PM.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

13. - Top - End - #373
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Show
    We are sending expeditionary pikeman and scout platoons to assess the Chinese boarder presence. With your permission, the pikeman shall remain along the boarder as a symbol of our commitment to Ethiopian defense. We have also submitted trade paperwork that would officially establish both a trading friendship and defense agreement between our two peoples. Are you in agreement?
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Show
    We are sending expeditionary pikeman and scout platoons to assess the Chinese boarder presence. With your permission, the pikeman shall remain along the boarder as a symbol of our commitment to Ethiopian defense. We have also submitted trade paperwork that would officially establish both a trading friendship and defense agreement between our two peoples. Are you in agreement?
    Spoiler: RayGallade
    Show
    Who are these Chinese houseguests you keep mentioning?

15. - Top - End - #375
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    On account of the recent occupation of Austria, the MIT is certainly nervous about the Chinese threat to our lands. We suspect their soldiers do not even pay the Austrians for their room and board. Such an insult to proper trade.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Spoiler: Morocco (RayGallade)
    Show
    Of course! We welcome both Moroccan friendship and a formal Defensive Agreement.

In fact, we would ask, with this declaration of friendship in place, would you be interested in entering a Research Agreement with us as well? While we do not have the funds to formalize one immediately, we shall soon, and would be quite interested in doing so.

17. - Top - End - #377

Spoiler: Morocco;Ray Gallade
    Show

Greetings fair leader. Would you be interested in a declaration of friendship, and a research agreement.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Illven (China)
    Show
    Unfortunately, we have already promised to create a research agreement with Ethiopia once they collect sufficient taxes to fund a research agreement. For now, we will hold off on a declaration of friendship, though our priests wish to keep our options open in the future.

Show
    China has approached us asking about a declaration of friendship and research agreement. For now, we have rejected their offer. However, our research is vastly behind the rest of the world and we may not be in a position to refuse a future offer. If we do declare friendship with China, know it is only for the research benefits and shall stand alongside you in any war. Our friendship is to Ethiopia first and the rest of the world second.

Also, could I please get a turn timer extension? My laptop just updated to the anniversary version of Windows 10 and now Civ won't launch. I'm trying to find solutions, but will need some more time to work on it if possible.

Edit round 2: Never mind. Seems like resting a few times and verifying the game cache was what it took. I'm good again.
    Last edited by RayGallade; 2016-09-19 at 10:16 AM.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Morocco
    Show
    One of our scouts has been cut off near Trader's Rest. Could you perhaps allow him to pass through your territory and return home? We would, of course, recompense you for this service. You need but name the price.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

20. - Top - End - #380
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: America
    Show
    We believe in fair trades. If you want some of our quality ivory, instead of trying to buy it cheap you could try sending us some of your real American spices in exchange.

- Portuguese representative

(I don't actually remember if it was spices or something else...)
    Well that was awkward.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Narkis (Maya)
    Show
    Under the advise of the priests of the temples of Syrinx, we have offered you joint open borders. Should your people be agreeable to it, we would greatly appreciate a declaration of friendship and a research agreement between our two peoples.

We also wish to know if you still honor your denouncement of the Chinese. The MIT and Ethiopia recently signed a defensive pact in an attempt to protect ourselves from the dreaded Chinese chu-ko-nu. If you still honor your commitment to the denouncement of the fearsome Chinese, we would welcome your might in this alliance against the potential invaders.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Narkis (Maya)
    Show
    Under the advise of the priests of the temples of Syrinx, we have offered you joint open borders. Should your people be agreeable to it, we would greatly appreciate a declaration of friendship and a research agreement between our two peoples.

We also wish to know if you still honor your denouncement of the Chinese. The MIT and Ethiopia recently signed a defensive pact in an attempt to protect ourselves from the dreaded Chinese chu-ko-nu. If you still honor your commitment to the denouncement of the fearsome Chinese, we would welcome your might in this alliance against the potential invaders.
    Spoiler: Morocco
    Show
    For granting our scout passage you have our thanks. And we would be more than happy to agree to your proposal, and have already made the necessary arrangements on our end.

Our denunciation of the vile Chinese shall not expire before the gods arrive to judge us all. We shall honour it till the end of this world. Any enemy of China can look on us as a friend, and any nation threatened by them can count on our aid. We may have been unable to prevent Austria's conquest, but by Kukulcan no other nation shall suffer such fate.

23. - Top - End - #383

Spoiler: Morocco:RayGallade
    Show

This troubles us. First you declare that you cannot make a research agreement with the Chinese, because your funds are tied up in one with the Ethiopians. Fair enough.

But then a scant few years afterwards you agree to one with the Mayans?

~Wu Zetian of China.

Spoiler: Spectator bonus update
    Show

We receive words over the trade routes that the America's have completed the Angkor wat.

Sidon is in cheers after this acheivement declaring that they are an ally of the Americas.

The Moroccoans sign a troubling research agreement with the Mayans.

America enters the Renaissance era.

Beijing's guards report no problems.

Our workers continue improving our lands.

As Guangzhou's guards protect our smartest citizens.

The southern guards report no savages to farm.

And our eastern security force reports no problems.

Shanghai's guards report no update.

As does Southharbor.

The Golden hub reports minimal scouting from Austria.

The northern guard reports some concern from the American troops

Sapphire bay however feels there's no reason to fear.

As our great general hungers.

Our scouts report a Mayan border city.

Having finished compass due to fears of a naval invasion by the Ethopians, Wu Zetian instead orders her scientists to focus on the study of architecture.

Maps of the palace and the surrounding areas show a high amount of improvement needs to be done.

Shanghai map show that it is far more improved all around.

Guangzhou works on a caravan to send resources to Beijing.

As Southharbor starts on a paper maker.

The Golden hub starts on a workshop.

And Sapphire Bay works on a granary

Here we see the form of our government has changed. Scholars have joined the generals, to better the supply lines.

The world congress.

Here the scholars say that we are best in Population, have the best harvests, best GNP, best land, the biggest army, tied for producing the most goods, and are worst in nothing.

The Mayan tourism doesn't seem to be affecting most of our citizens, or anyone's citizens.

And the accumulated info of our rivals.

So it's past turn 100. I think my goal for this game, is to sit back on my 6 cities, and try to out sim city the mayans. In my corner I have more land, in the Mayans corner is the petra capital, and the fact that people seem to not want to research agreement me.

Any questions, or suggestions?

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Spoiler: Spectator bonus update
    Show
    So it's past turn 100. I think my goal for this game, is to sit back on my 6 cities, and try to out sim city the mayans. In my corner I have more land, in the Mayans corner is the petra capital, and the fact that people seem to not want to research agreement me.

Any questions, or suggestions?
    Spoiler: Illven
    Show
    Yes. You have galleasses now; create an armada with which to ravage the seas. Conquest is nice, but not necessary; just cut off gold, plunder pearls and whales, and render coastal areas unusable by your rivals. This terrain, coupled with your Chu-Ko-Nus, will render it extremely difficult for enemies to retaliate by land, so seize control of the ocean before the others do!

25. - Top - End - #385
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Illven (China)
    Show
    Our apologies. It was an honest slip of the mind when the Maya approached us about an arrangement to free a trapped scout. While we currently lack the funds to complete a research agreement, we are open to offering to vote on either world congress policy as you choose to make it up to you.

26. - Top - End - #386

Spoiler: Morroco;Raygallade
    Show

Understandable, it certainly happens to all of us.

We accept your proposal, and will let you know before the congress vote how we wish to vote.

Spoiler: Thristing;Portugal
    Show

We are interested in our ivory, are their any luxuries of yours you're interested in?

27. - Top - End - #387
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Ethiopia
    Show
    The Council of Austria in Exile wish to apologize for our agent's actions in Panama. He was operating under instructions to create a government friendly to an arranged marriage with one of our leaders. As your people serve to defend the mainland from China we shall cede Panama's allegiance to Ethiopia and move our settlement plans to a different city-state. They are many many years from bearing fruit regardless, and we do not wish to compete with an allied civilization in our expansion.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Bugbear in the Playground

Um, revert please? I think I screwed up. Tried manually uploading the save, because the app just kept crashing. Likely forgot to save before doing so though...
    Well that was awkward.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

No problem.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DodgerH2O View Post
    Spoiler: Ethiopia
    Show
    The Council of Austria in Exile wish to apologize for our agent's actions in Panama. He was operating under instructions to create a government friendly to an arranged marriage with one of our leaders. As your people serve to defend the mainland from China we shall cede Panama's allegiance to Ethiopia and move our settlement plans to a different city-state. They are many many years from bearing fruit regardless, and we do not wish to compete with an allied civilization in our expansion.
    Spoiler: Austria
    Show
    Honestly not sure what you're referring to here . Though in any case, yeah, Panama is the one City-State I've put a lot of effort in allying myself with, since they control the land between me and China, and are thus of key strategic importance.