New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: (INC) The Bellows of War- Battle Thread!!

Kamoru tucked the healer's kit back in her backpack and followed the elf with a shrug. "What are we trying to do over here now?" she asked as she pushed a barrel out of the way. "Did somebody find something in here while Niyolaku and I were hunting?"
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Billy pulls off the duegar armor and throws it with the new armor from the ifrit.

"Look at the Ifrits armor. I found it as well.... made of a weird material. "

He moves toward the barrels but stumbles a little and spits at the ground, clearing his mouth.

"Al, lets get the barrels moved then"

He seems to solider on, despite his condition.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Vivian found something." Alloishus replied while working. "Don't push yourself too hard."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

As interest increases in moving the feed, Osman joins in forming a line and passing feed sacks along.

(1d20+1)[11]
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

Kamoru's brow knit and she stopped moving barrels to look at Billy. "That... huh. Weird metal... and then you got sick... huh. That seems familiar to me. I feel like that's something that was in a guidebook or training manual..."
    Dungeoneering knowledge check to identify mineral/stone/metal: (1d20+7)[8]

After a moment, Kamoru shook her head. "I can't remember," she sighed, and went back to moving barrels.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2016-04-22 at 01:32 PM.
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Billy nearly collapses attempting to lift a sack of dried grain over the barrels. He lurches over the nearest barrel and wretches.

Together you have moved nearly 1/3 of the feed sacks necessary to walk through.

Spoiler: Perception DC 10
    Show
    The smell of ammonia and human excrement begins to waft through the passageway.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground

Kamoru sniffed sharply, trying not to sneeze from the astringent odor. "Oh, geez, I think we're getting close. Billy... I think you'd better go outside and sit down. The smell over here is not going to help your stomach at all! Why don't you go get some water from the wagon?"
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

d20 Re: (INC) The Bellows of War- Battle Thread!!

Alloishus pressed on.

(1d20+2)[9]
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

9. - Top - End - #369
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Trelane made a face of disgust at the smell, "Oh gods! There's something nasty in there. I'll be outside trying to get the food ready if anyone needs me." With that he took the rabbit carcass and walked to a safe distance outside as to not risk the buildings catching fire before he started to cook the rabbit.
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

"There's spices in the cooking kit!" Kamoru called after him. "Add extra salt! Billy and the kids are both going to need to replenish themselves. If you can find wild onions, that'll help with the flavor of the stew," she added.
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Billy stumbled with the second sack as well, it was clear that his illness was sapping his strength. Everyone kept passing sack after sack with the exception of Kamoru who was tossing sacks two at a time. Finally she has cleared a path.

With the light from the glowing barrels you can now see down this narrow corridor. The wall is lined with old farm tools. Spare plow blades, shovels, hoes, various rakes and forks, axes, hammers, iron bars and wooden handles, some old rope and a canvas tarp. And old oil lamp hangs on a nail just over head height but the dust layer on it stands testiment to the years it has gone unlit. At the end of the corridor there is a mound of empty feed sacks that look like common refuse, perhaps they were saved in case of a bumper crop and the farmer ran out of new sack cloth?
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2016-04-23 at 10:09 PM.

12. - Top - End - #372

RedWizardGuy

"Okay Kamoru thanks! I'll get on that!" Trelane rushed to the cooking kit and added the salt and a few choice spices. Then, after a few minutes of making sure the fire will be good on it's own for a little bit, he went in search of the wild onions she requested.

Survival check: (1d20+10)[19]
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground

Kamoru cautiously crept down the corridor towards the mound of feed sacks. She thought that was the most likely hiding place, and since there hadn't been any effort to move things quietly, she was sure they would hide. If it were me, I'd grab a plow blade and be ready to jump out and attack if I had to... she thought, keeping her guard up. "Hello?" she called softly.
    Perception: (1d20+14)[18]
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #374

RedWizardGuy

Trelane found the wild onions with no problem and added them to the stew as requested. He hoped the good smell would at least counter the stench in the barn if not attract any missing people that were to be found...
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

When there was no response to her call, Kamoru sighed. She sidled up to the stack of sacks and carefully began peeling them back to see if there was anyone, or anything, under them. Perception: (1d20+14)[15]

Niyolaku sat at the entrance to the corridor and watched.
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Kamoru uncovers two children a boy and a girl, huddled together in a fetal position, neither stir.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

"HANAR!!" Kamoru shouted, "You better get over here quick! This looks bad!"
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2016-04-25 at 08:33 PM.
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Hanar turns and looks at the children. "My death senses are informing me they are not dead, but suffering some natural malady. I suspect malnutrition, but I shall use my magic to heal them and check for poisons." Hanar moves swiftly to the children's side. Kneeling down, he places one hand upon each of them and casts. "No, they do not appear to be poisoned. I shall check for disease and malnutrition, but I rely heavily on my magics, and have little skill as a mundane physician." Hanar examines them, then expends his energies to cast Mass Cure Light Wounds on the two children and 4 of the others nearby.

Heal: (1d20+4)[9]
    Mass CLW: (1d20+13)[14] (21- rolled in dice thread)
    Last edited by Andrew Markham; 2016-04-25 at 09:59 PM.
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground

Kamoru's shout caught Niyolaku's attention, and the wolf hurried down the corridor at Hanar's heels. He came up behind Kamoru and bumped his head against the backs of her knees.
    She was used to him doing that and barely even wobbled. Kamoru shook her head slightly and spread her hands.
    "Unfortunately, there's not a mundane quick fix for malnutrition. Believe me, I know," she sighed. "Best thing we can do for them is get some nutritious food in them. And I guess plenty of water. Milk would be better, but, the cows..." She shook her head regretfully.

Niyolaku noticed the children. He wended between Kamoru and Hanar and sniffed them, his breath stirring their hair. After a moment, he gave each of their faces a few quick licks.
    Kamoru raised her eyebrow at the wolf, but made no comment.
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #380
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

"Malnutrition is only my guess," Hanar clarified. "It is not an educated opinion. As I suspected, my mundane medical knowledge is insufficient. If I did not know better courtesy of my magical senses, I would swear they are dead."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Hanar's magics flood the room healing remaining wounds on those around him and bringing color back to the children who wake with a soft giggle at Niyolaku's gentle lapping. They open their eyes slowly but then skitter to the corner tense and clearly terrified, the girl wrapping herself around her younger brother to protect him as best as she is able. He buries his face in her shoulder and her eyes gaze at the wolf, the strange blue man and the young girl covered in dry mud.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Hanar looks carefully at the situation. He reaches up and feels his face. "Ah yes, my appearance." He pulls out his book and scribbles for a moment. Then he casts a spell, and he changes into a young human male. "There- now I have gone back to my human form. You children are going to be okay, but you require food other than the dry grain you have been eating for the last few days. Would someone care to share their rations and some water?" Hanar takes a few steps away from the children to make sure they are not still frightened of him.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground

Niyolaku rolled over onto his back, showing his belly, and wiggled awkwardly towards the children, tongue lolling out of his mouth as he whined at them.
    Kamoru chuckled and dropped into a crouch in front of the kids.
    "Hey, it's alright now. We're from Goldenrod! We beat the bad guys and came looking for you. Would you like to come out? Have some rabbit stew with us?"
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

The girl's eyes widen further as Hanar changes his face. "You...you're, one of them. Please don't kill us! We're no good for meat." She continues to cower.

Niyolaku's puppylike antics cause her to ease her posture slightly and she listens questioningly to Komoru.

Hanar backs away, squeezing past the girl and her dog and, begins receding back up the corridor to the door.
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2016-04-26 at 11:15 AM.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

Kamoru shook her head. "No, he's not an ifrit. He's... um..." She gave Hanar a quizzical look and then shrugged. "Well, he's magical, but good magical! He healed you guys. We're not going to hurt you." She rocked back on her heels and spread her hands. "We won't even force you to come with us, alright? We'll go outside and work on that rabbit stew I mentioned. If you want to eat, you can come out and join us. We won't do anything you don't want us to, alright?" She stood up.
    "Niyolaku, heel," she commanded in a light, cheerful tone. The wolf flipped over clumsily and wound behind Kamoru's legs, though he kept whining and looking back at the children.
    "We'll be just right outside. With fresh rabbit stew! If you want some, you can come with me. We'll all eat together." She smiled cheerfully and began casually strolling down the corridor, with Niyolaku trailing obediently.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2016-04-26 at 04:10 PM.
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

The girl begins to ease, but as Komoru is leaving the room Niyolaku spots a rat behind a grain barrel. His hackles rise and he begins a low growl that echos in this long narrow space. He pauses for a moment, staring down the rodent before resting his reflexes in light of his training. He continued to follow Komoru out.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Troll in the Playground

Kamoru didn't look back. She wanted to give them time to make their own decision. She paused when she reached Billy. "Uh, so the kids were kind of freaked out by Hanar, so maybe a large, puking, purple man is not the best sight for them right now?" She chuckled apologetically. "Can you maybe go take a rest by the wagon until we get some food in them and convince them we're here to help them? It'll probably be a while before you feel up to eating anyway. I'll make sure to save you some broth." She made a shooing gesture with her hands.
    She glanced over at Osman and spread her hands and shrugged, expression contrite. "You should probably go with him, for the same reason. Sorry about that."
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2016-04-26 at 01:08 PM.
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Osman shrugged, If it's for the bessst. he replied quietly and made for the exit.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Alloishus peeked in at the children. "Hello children. Would you like to say hello to my bird, Vivian?" He said trying to ease the children.

Diplomacy

(1d20+13)[21]
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2016-04-26 at 06:22 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

30. - Top - End - #390

RedWizardGuy

While the stew was cooking, Trelane gathered some logs for some makeshift seats for everyone surrounding the cook fire. By the time that was done, the stew was finished and he went back in to inform his comrades.

"Food's ready everyone. Who wants rabbit stew?" he called out. Then he noticed the kids and let out a long breath, "Whoa...thank goodness. I was beginning to think the worse. I'm glad at least someone was able to survive this mess...you're probably hungry right? My name is Trelane and I just made some food. You kids get first dibs," he said with his best smile.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show