New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Help:Stumped On Heroes Of Might and Magic 4 Campaign.

I'm playing the single player campaign for the game and I noticed something weird on the map.

There is a lake at the centre of the very first scenario map for the Order campaign .On that lake we can clearly see a shipwreck infestest with ghost and a couple of flotsam floating around.The weird thing is there is absolutely no way to build boats/ships on this map, ergo this is no way to access anything on that lake.

Have anyone figured out how to get to that shipwreck ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nourjan
    Only a truly egotistical narcissist would ever quote himself

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Help:Stumped On Heroes Of Might and Magic 4 Campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Nourjan View Post
    I'm playing the single player campaign for the game and I noticed something weird on the map.

There is a lake at the centre of the very first scenario map for the Order campaign .On that lake we can clearly see a shipwreck infestest with ghost and a couple of flotsam floating around.The weird thing is there is absolutely no way to build boats/ships on this map, ergo this is no way to access anything on that lake.

Have anyone figured out how to get to that shipwreck ?
    I presume you'd just use one of the Summon Ship spells.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I presume you'd just use one of the Summon Ship spells.
    Doesn't work .That spell can oly be cast if the player (myself) owns a ship, it can't create ships.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Are you certain you're supposed to get there?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Are you certain you're supposed to get there?

Well...

Technically I don't need to go on those location to complete the campaign (they're not mission objective after all).It's just that I'm the type to obsessively compulsively try to explore 100% of any map and seeing a MOB with such potential loot unaccessible really, really ,really, reaaally, reaaaaaaaaaly ticked me off the wrong way.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Nourjan View Post
    Doesn't work .That spell can oly be cast if the player (myself) owns a ship, it can't create ships.
    Are you sure about that? I seem to recall that if you had maxed out your Life Magic skill, it would actually create a new ship from nothing.

But I'm not sure about that, I may be misremembering from one of the earlier HoMM games.
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by veti View Post
    Are you sure about that? I seem to recall that if you had maxed out your Life Magic skill, it would actually create a new ship from nothing.

But I'm not sure about that, I may be misremembering from one of the earlier HoMM games.

Yes, you're misremembering something from earlier HoMM games (though HoMM 3 don't have Life Magic).Increasing the level of your magic discipline in HoMM 4 only grants access to higher tier spells (whereas you need to level up Wisdom in previous HoMM ) ,it doesn't grant additinal benefit to the spell.