New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #1027 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    So can we please, please, please stop with the Banjo worship? Are you trying to incarnate him on Earth in 2016?
    It is futile to ask a true-believer to stop believing politely - and to ask impolitely or worse is unthinkable. Just let the Banjo worshippers have their religion in peace.
    Ever wondered how many games are mentioned in the comic? I have listed them all in a geeklist: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/2...es-order-stick

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Humanist View Post
    It is futile to ask a true-believer to stop believing politely - and to ask impolitely or worse is unthinkable. Just let the Banjo worshippers have their religion in peace.
    I don't care what they believe. I do care they keep trying to "proselytize." And while they may have the right to do so, that invites people to tell them they're wrong. Although at this point I'd say at least half are just trolling.

3. - Top - End - #183

Quote Originally Posted by Gusion View Post
    I don't care what they believe. I do care they keep trying to "proselytize." And while they may have the right to do so, that invites people to tell them they're wrong. Although at this point I'd say at least half are just trolling.
    It's all fine as long as the conversation is polite. However at some point Banjoism may become a real-world religion at which point discussing it will become much more problematic.
    Last edited by Mad Humanist; 2016-03-08 at 08:31 AM.
    Ever wondered how many games are mentioned in the comic? I have listed them all in a geeklist: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/2...es-order-stick

4. - Top - End - #184

biggrin Re: OOTS #1027 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by goodpeople25 View Post
    Fourth: I'm pretty sure the original post wasn't about the Godsmoot at all but rather filling durkon's place in the party.
    Fifth: Aye, I was just kiddin', it was sarcastic after all...

But at the bottom of this lies a truism of DnD: Every party needs a healer. So who is gonna heal them now? Elan? Or will Roy finally follow-up on that celestial advice and multi-class as a cleric?
    It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.

Seriously: I think that after Durkola finally split from the OOTS, and Veldrina appears to have been left behind at the Godsmoot (which she is bound to, I guess, being a divine representative? Or is that binding only for the High Priests of the Northern gods?) - I think there must now be a rather short time limit on Durkola's future as a vamp. The party can go on for only so long without a professional healer.

Well, as long as they stay aboard the Mechane, they can make do with Julio's stock of potions. But they may need other kinds of healing and restoration too.
    So - my prediction is that by departing from the OOTS, no longer being of use to them - and not ensuring to have someone to fill his slot - Durkola/HPoH actually condemned himself to destruction and to Durkon's ultimate restoration.

It would be only appropriate if oddly slightly more intelligent Elan was allowed to point this out to him.

And please pretty please - could Banjo be allowed to drive that stake in?
    Thanks to Gorbash Kazdar for the avatar: Edhelras Taladin, CG Male Moon Elf Ranger

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Edhelras View Post
    Fifth: Aye, I was just kiddin', it was sarcastic after all...

But at the bottom of this lies a truism of DnD: Every party needs a healer. So who is gonna heal them now? Elan? Or will Roy finally follow-up on that celestial advice and multi-class as a cleric?

Seriously: I think that after Durkola finally split from the OOTS, and Veldrina appears to have been left behind at the Godsmoot (which she is bound to, I guess, being a divine representative? Or is that binding only for the High Priests of the Northern gods?) - I think there must now be a rather short time limit on Durkola's future as a vamp. The party can go on for only so long without a professional healer.

Well, as long as they stay aboard the Mechane, they can make do with Julio's stock of potions. But they may need other kinds of healing and restoration too.
    So - my prediction is that by departing from the OOTS, no longer being of use to them - and not ensuring to have someone to fill his slot - Durkola/HPoH actually condemned himself to destruction and to Durkon's ultimate restoration.

It would be only appropriate if oddly slightly more intelligent Elan was allowed to point this out to him.

And please pretty please - could Banjo be allowed to drive that stake in?
    Given that Roy was pretty explicit about his intention to resurrect Durkon this entire time, im rather curious as to why you ever thought the Vampire's lifespan would not be sharply limited.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

6. - Top - End - #186
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quebbster View Post
    Guess Elan got promoted from back-up healer to straight up healer for the rest of this storyline...
    Oh, and the Mechane does have a cleric on board I Believe.
    Been calling that since the "Neutralize Poison" development, and no one believed me.

a steampunk fantasy ♦ the novelthe album

7. - Top - End - #187

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Given that Roy was pretty explicit about his intention to resurrect Durkon this entire time, im rather curious as to why you ever thought the Vampire's lifespan would not be sharply limited.
    I'm certain that the vampire has not a lot of days to unlive. But the real matter here is that the Order will have some fights to handle between then. The lack of a real healer might be a problem to reach their goal of recovering their healer.
    Posting from France
    Sorry for my accent.

Thanks to neoseph7 for my avatar (Allen Walker from D.Gray-Man)

8. - Top - End - #188

SolithKnightGuy

It's all fine as long as the conversation is polite. However at some point Banjoism may become a real-world religion at which point discussing it will become much more problematic.
    So... If we establish a real world Banjo cult, all mention of Banjo on the forums is scrubbed? This dire possibility will become known as 'the Decimation of the Archive' or 'Ten Thousand Wrongs to make One Right'.

Quote Originally Posted by AstralFire View Post
    Been calling that since the "Neutralize Poison" development, and no one believed me.
    Restoration isn't a Bard spell. I still don't believe you :p
    Last edited by Rift_Wolf; 2016-03-08 at 09:42 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Seriously guys, if you actually worship Banjo, then it's real world religion, if you don't, it annoying

either way, stop it
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

10. - Top - End - #190

SamuraiGuy

I guess I have to state what I thought was obvious: no one on this board, so far as I can tell, actually worships Banjo, nor are they trying to get anyone else to actually worship a puppet. It's simply the Internet, and people carrying on an argument ad nauseum (which, since I'm clarifying things, doesn't mean I'm actually nauseated).

I believe we have the nearest thing we're likely to get to Word of Giant on Banjo as a possible voter. Others have the right to disagree with me without my getting mad about it.

Plus, he's a puppet. If Banjo is divine, what then of the hand within the God? Manibus ex Deus! Clearly if Banjo deserves worship, Elan deserves far more.

And Rich Burlew, as discussed, uses Elan as his Twitter icon. Therefore ...

ZOUNDS ...

Rich Burlew is trying to get all of us to worship HIM, and all discussion on these boards of OotS or the Giant in any way is actually a discussion of RW religion, and therefore we all must be banned! Including the moderators! Even including Rich himself!

IT'S THE END OF DR. STRANGELOVE!
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Seriously guys, if you actually worship Banjo, then it's real world religion, if you don't, it annoying

either way, stop it
    Your hate only makes us stronger, but Banjo still loves you.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Edhelras View Post
    It's sure that Roy will multiclass and become priest. After all he's been through and all he's seen in this Godsmoot, I'm pretty sure that he's fond of gods and believe that relying on them is the best thing for him and his buddies... Oh wait (seventh panel)

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by fishguy View Post
    Now the special ability of their transport will show its value, it doesn't matter how long it takes for the dwarves to assemble because our heroes will arrive just in the nick of time no matter what!
    They should probably go adventuring, solving side quests and gain some levels...

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lerch View Post
    Normally I don't think they can.....but followers are able. But since we've seen him use "evasion". I don't think Blackwing can qualify as a follower and familiar. Unless his penchant for stealing baubles has unknowingly given him a couple levels of rogue

Just a thought.
    Familiars (such as Blackwing) automatically get Evasion and Improved Evasion.

15. - Top - End - #195

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rift_Wolf View Post
    I liked how the existence of Banjo had a reminder at the start of this book with Dr. Banjo. Because, yknow, the forums have been known to forget about him (so I've been told...)
    Who is this "Banjo" of whom you speak?

No one expects the Bardic Exposition!

Quibblicious.

16. - Top - End - #196

BardGuy

What qualifies as a priest in this world? Does the deity worshiped have to be widely accepted?
    Apparently not, since Hel doesn't have a lot to work with.

Quibblicious.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Apparently not, since Hel doesn't have a lot to work with.
    Except all the intelligent northern undead? And apparently enough low level clerics to stock an endless number of dungeons for adventurers to clear out.

Besides she is accepted. She's just not widely venerated.
    Last edited by PallentisLunam; 2016-03-08 at 11:48 AM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

This is brilliant. If I make a real-world version of Banjoism then by the forum's own rules people would no longer be allowed to discuss it.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by littlebum2002 View Post
    This is brilliant. If I make a real-world version of Banjoism then by the forum's own rules people would no longer be allowed to discuss it.
    And you could apply for religious based tax exemptions!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

either way, stop it
    I guess I have to state what I thought was obvious: no one on this board, so far as I can tell, actually worships Banjo, nor are they trying to get anyone else to actually worship a puppet. It's simply the Internet, and people carrying on an argument ad nauseum (which, since I'm clarifying things, doesn't mean I'm actually nauseated).
    Seriously, what's going on here? And why does it bother some of you so much?

21. - Top - End - #201

BardGuy

Maybe it's latent kleptomania - you know, you have to resist the urge to lute them.
    Hopefully he won't resort to violins.

Quibblicious.

22. - Top - End - #202

SolithKnightGuy

String em all up I say!
    I came for the discussion, but I stay for the puns :)
    I admit full culpability for Phyrnglsnyx

23. - Top - End - #203

SamuraiGuy

That would be a symphony of a deeper, more serious problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift_Wolf View Post
    String em all up I say!
    I came for the discussion, but I stay for the puns :)
    Things do tend to wind up that way.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    Seriously, what's going on here? And why does it bother some of you so much?
    Some religions and people are extremely against idols like Banjo. I can't really go any further than that in explanation.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

I don't mean to trumpet my achievements, but on that note, I have to leave for the moment. I need to go drum up some business.
    Spoiler
    Show

So the song runs on, with shift and change,
    Through the years that have no name,
    And the late notes soar to a higher range,
    But the theme is still the same.
    Man's battle-cry and the guns' reply
    Blend in with the old, old rhyme
    That was traced in the score of the strata marks
    While millenniums winked like campfire sparks
    Down the winds of unguessed time. -- 4th Stanza, The Bad Lands, Badger Clark

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post
    Some religions and people are extremely against idols like Banjo. I can't really go any further than that in explanation.
    Also, the joke has worn extremely thin to many of us.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Also, the joke has worn extremely thin to many of us.
    That as well could also be a reason for that exchange.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208

RedKnightGirl

I'm pretty sure one of the things on the Evil Overlord list is not paying too much for people to memorize and quote the Evil Overlord list - how's business?
    Eh, can't complain. I've got a nice comfy long-term commission with SCAR and a few minor contracts with STUPID. A lot of my clients actually know what they're doing, and just need a couple pointers. Also, they usually need heroes killed. I have an 84% success rate in assassinating child and adolescent Chosen Ones. The other 16% didn't PAY for that particular service.
    Hi! I'm a Girl At A Desk. I like DnD and Path of Exile a lot.

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

By Howl

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

I never let kids go to the symphony, there's not just violins, there's sax too
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Plus, he's a puppet. If Banjo is divine, what then of the hand within the God? Manibus ex Deus! Clearly if Banjo deserves worship, Elan deserves far more.
    ...No, it'd be more of a Human Ton and Handy scenario.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas