New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Erfworld Thread VII: No Consensus, Left Unsealed

Yes, did Fate make Charlie too confident or greedy or was Charlie just like that without Fate's influence? Charlie thought he could get the arkenpliers and Parson either dead or captured.

There is an extra page in the Book 1 PDF immediately before Parson was sent back out of the MK. It was a meeting with Maggie and the Great Minds. They were discussing whether or not to intervene and interrogate Parson. Maggie convinced them not to interfere by pinkyswearing that they needed to let Parson do his job. She finished with this: "But Parson must and will discover his own reasons to bring Charlie down." That made it seem pretty inevitable. The same page also made it clear that Janis was protecting Parson (who was unconscious), so Jojo probably couldn't have slipped the scroll to him. Even if Parson got the scroll, I doubt that Parson would have used the scroll without talking to Maggie first, which probably would have resulted in various casters trying to convince Parson to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    His game's already pretty tight. (Emphasis mine)
    I'm just glad I didn't type, "he has little to loose by tying something."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

I guess we are a few pages from the end of Bk3, I wonder if there will be any last minute relevation before Bk4?
    Teasing another Arkentool or the return of the Shoes would be nice.
    Exalted avatar remix by Musashi
    Original Avatar by Strawberries
    Character is Kin from Goblins

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    I guess we are a few pages from the end of Bk3, I wonder if there will be any last minute relevation before Bk4?
    Teasing another Arkentool or the return of the Shoes would be nice.
    According to the Erfworld site we're not close to the end of the chapter.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    According to the Erfworld site we're not close to the end of the chapter.
    Where does it track progress ?

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    Where does it track progress ?
    Just the comment section/forum, Rob doesn't have a tracker or anything like that. We're just as likely to be one page away from the end as we are another one hundred pages. Book One was 163 pages. Book Two was technically 225 pages. Book Three is now on 141 and was, if I recall, meant to be as long or longer than Book Two. The last estimate I've seen on the Erfworld site (and I can't find the source now so forgive me) is there's to be another 80ish pages.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Just the comment section/forum, Rob doesn't have a tracker or anything like that. We're just as likely to be one page away from the end as we are another one hundred pages. Book One was 163 pages. Book Two was technically 225 pages. Book Three is now on 141 and was, if I recall, meant to be as long or longer than Book Two. The last estimate I've seen on the Erfworld site (and I can't find the source now so forgive me) is there's to be another 80ish pages.

Rob said:
    Being that I want to pay the new team collectively about 1/3 more than I was paying David, and we have maybe 90 more pages in Book 3 than I had planned on...
    Assuming that he was planning on having a book the size of Book 1, 163+90 = 253 pages. We're at 141. That gives 112 as a rough estimate.

If you instead take the time that it was said (in between 95 and 96) and add the 90 pages from there, you'd get 185 pages, which would leave 44.

Averaging the two numbers gives 78 more pages, which, I presume, is how that particular number of ~80 was obtained.

Source for the quote is here.
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2016-03-13 at 11:28 PM.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

New Comic

Also we schould ask to not get this thread closed once it hits 50. so it's left unsealed

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Joy View Post
    New Comic

Also we schould ask to not get this thread closed once it hits 50. so it's left unsealed
    It'd be confusing for people. Better to change the title once it gets to that point, so that it reads "No Consensus, Sealed." or something similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: new comic
    Show
    Bonnie’s reaction to the news that her new ruler is in the field right now is great.
    It seems Stanley and his new friends will get their chance to play with some of Charlie’s toys.

The bullets are Dirtamancy? I'm not sure Sizemore will like helping with that.
    Oh well, someone will find a way.
    Last edited by Kantaki; 2016-03-14 at 03:55 PM.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Joy View Post
    New Comic

No consensus. Deliberation ongoing.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    It'd be confusing for people. Better to change the title once it gets to that point, so that it reads "No Consensus, Sealed." or something similar.
    If I'm able to do it, I'll do it.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

If I'm able to do it, I'll do it.
    The OP can edit a thread title for either 28 or 30 days after initial posting, I'm not sure which. After that only moderators can do it. I might do it if I remember (or get reminded), but no promises.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

13. - Top - End - #73

I like Stanley's smiling blue dwagon

Also, Bonnie is surprised to hear that Stanley is in the field.
    Does that mean CC hasn't noticed when he left ?
    Last edited by hajo; 2016-03-14 at 05:53 PM.
    -HaJo

FLW: Oh, no. We're being rescued. How embarrassing!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I can't figure out the significance of the two stitched birds. They don't look like pigeons, so I don't think Stanley has been cracking nuts. Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by hajo View Post
    There was no indication that Charlie was aware of it and I was assuming that he didn't know.

Stanley's decision was so random that it would have been very hard to predict. I doubt that many sides even know that the Juggle elves exist since Stanley didn't know about them. Parson didn't know Stanley left until after he was gone. All of Charlie's attention has been on Parson, not Stanley. We didn't see Stanley say anything over his eyebook that would give away where he is. IIRC, Parson made Stanley understand that the eyebooks weren't secure and that he should watch what he says at some point.

15. - Top - End - #75

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    the two stitched birds. They don't look like pigeons
    Some of the Juggles might have dollamancy, so probably the birds are cloth-golems.
    -HaJo

FLW: Oh, no. We're being rescued. How embarrassing!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

OK. It's easy to imaging Juggalos giving other people the double-bird, so maybe they are dollamancy gifts to Stanley?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

It's Charlie. He has a tendency to find out stuff fast. The big question is whether he has the resources in the area to go after Stanley OR if there is a portal nearby.
    FTDWIR

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kareasint View Post
    It's Charlie. He has a tendency to find out stuff fast. The big question is whether he has the resources in the area to go after Stanley OR if there is a portal nearby.
    Charlie is on a slow connection to the arkendish. His ability to get intelligence is much less than normal now. Parson has probably trained GK people about security. No one on other sides would know where Stanley is. Charlie would have no reason to think he wasn't in his capital.

Charlie wouldn't go through the portals now anyway. Too many lookamancers are on alert for archons to be able to get through without being seen. He doesn't even allow most archons to get close to the portal room.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2016-03-14 at 07:35 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Unless the MK attack was a distraction to keep Parson off balance while Charlie was gathering up the Archons to go after Stanley, if it were the case he would keep the MK Archons in the dark about it all in case of capture/decyrption.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Bonnie seems to expect that Charlie would go after Stanley. That's why she's so concerned.

Charlie made it sound as if it was automatic that he would go after Stanley and seize Spacerock (near the bottom of the page). Any of the Archons who knew Charlie would probably expect that he would, especially if they knew that GK got a gun and such great intelligence about CC, thanks to Bonnie getting through the portal.

This would likely mean that Charlie would try to go after Stanley in Spacerock, since that's where Charlie would probably think he is.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

The blissed-out dwagon really makes this page. Though I am looking forward to seeing the Juggle Elves in action.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Bonnie seems to expect that Charlie would go after Stanley. That's why she's so concerned.

Charlie made it sound as if it was automatic that he would go after Stanley and seize Spacerock (near the bottom of the page). Any of the Archons who knew Charlie would probably expect that he would, especially if they knew that GK got a gun and such great intelligence about CC, thanks to Bonnie getting through the portal.

This would likely mean that Charlie would try to go after Stanley in Spacerock, since that's where Charlie would probably think he is.
    But we do know that Charlie keeps Veiled Archons "out in the world" so it is entirely plausable he knows that Stanley is not in Spacerock.

Also if you are planning an assault on your opponent's capital with the intent to Murder the crap out of the big boss man I would be keeping an eye on that capital so that I know the bossman is there.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Spamalot in the Playground

"...it wouldn't be coming true, yet." Charlie apparently decided that he needed to stop GK before it became too powerful because eventually Parson would come for him. Fate said so, as far as we can tell.
    From the perspective of Erfworld being a game like Civ, this is a truth to always expect.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    But we do know that Charlie keeps Veiled Archons "out in the world" so it is entirely plausable he knows that Stanley is not in Spacerock.
    Two turns can be a long time. I worry that Charlie will figure out where Stanley is before he gets back to base.
    If he does, then GK as a side could be in deep trouble.

Although... the prediction of Parson beating Charlie says nothing about which side Parson leads, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    The blissed-out dwagon really makes this page. Though I am looking forward to seeing the Juggle Elves in action.
    I like Stanley's comment. Just really shows the gravity of his situation with humor.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Also if you are planning an assault on your opponent's capital with the intent to Murder the crap out of the big boss man I would be keeping an eye on that capital so that I know the bossman is there.
    I agree with the "entirely plausible." We can't be sure about what Charlie knows. Charlie could even have additional ways of spying that we don't even know about yet. OTOH, Charlie didn't expect the current situation to develop before the start of the current turn. Under the treaty it would have been a complete disaster to unsuccessfully attack Spacerock, so Charlie wouldn't risk that unless he had a really good reason to launch an all-out attack and he didn't have a reason before the start of the turn. Parson was in the MK, so that's the location that Charlie would have been paying the most attention to. Of course he would be trying to increase his surveillance of Spacerock now.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Crazy theory: lv 9 archon is not actually decrypted. She's using a veil and wants to meet with Stanley to murder him.

*adjusts tinfoil hat*
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Crazy theory: lv 9 archon is not actually decrypted. She's using a veil and wants to meet with Stanley to murder him.

*adjusts tinfoil hat*
    "Bonnie began her second life with the lingering memory of how it felt to have a sword cleave right through your head. The stabber's blade had chopped down through the top of her skull and through the roof of her mouth. She'd distinctly tasted mineral oil on the steel, just before she croaked." Page 136, Book 3.

She was decrypted.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

She was decrypted.
    But what if, she didn't know she wad decrypted? And was secretly Turing machine all along.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I agree with the "entirely plausible." We can't be sure about what Charlie knows. Charlie could even have additional ways of spying that we don't even know about yet. OTOH, Charlie didn't expect the current situation to develop before the start of the current turn. Under the treaty it would have been a complete disaster to unsuccessfully attack Spacerock, so Charlie wouldn't risk that unless he had a really good reason to launch an all-out attack and he didn't have a reason before the start of the turn. Parson was in the MK, so that's the location that Charlie would have been paying the most attention to. Of course he would be trying to increase his surveillance of Spacerock now.
    Well remember Parson started the turn in Spacerock.

However if Charlie is half as smart as we think he is, he is has his casters (jojo, TF2 Engi) doing surveillance in the MK, while veiled Archons keep an eye on Spacerock and GK, you would not want to miss the chance to Ambush Parson if he ends his turn in that Corridor from GK to Spacerock that GK has set up.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

However if Charlie is half as smart as we think he is, he is has his casters (jojo, TF2 Engi) doing surveillance in the MK, while veiled Archons keep an eye on Spacerock and GK, you would not want to miss the chance to Ambush Parson if he ends his turn in that Corridor from GK to Spacerock that GK has set up.
    I expect it would take something on the order of the forced "your turn is over now" linked-Turnamancy spell to get that to happen. Parson knows Charlie is hostile, knows he's got Archons all over the place, and respects him as an intelligent opponent. In light of that, Parson is too smart to give Charlie an obvious chance that big if he has any choice about it.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

It is probably that last part that Charles would be waiting for.