New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: IC Ljonarian Enigma: Tournament Chaos

"I do, here." Aerin pulls out the Lieutenant's pouch.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aerin will, in order:
    1) Pull out a Cure Light Wounds potion from the Lieutenant's pouch and give it to Vindal.
    2) Pull out a Cure Light Wounds potion and drink it herself.
    3) Continue after the other group as quickly as possible.

Not sure how many actions/rounds that will take, but, initial healing: (1d8+1)[6]

2. - Top - End - #542
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: listen check
    Show
    (1d20+1)[6] sadly I used inspiration to Snoop on vindal
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

3. - Top - End - #543

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Aerin will, in order:
    1) Pull out a Cure Light Wounds potion from the Lieutenant's pouch and give it to Vindal.

Not sure how many actions/rounds that will take, but, initial healing: (1d20+4)[22]
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    1) is a move action and 2) a standard action, so they can be completed on the same turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    Spoiler: listen check
    Show
    (1d20+4)[22] sadly I used inspiration to Snoop on vindal
    Eglantine rushes forward, focused on her goal of reaching the noise. After making a quick turn at the corner, she almost runs into a grey-haired half-elf in a long red robe and a blue-scaled dragonspawn. The half-elf looks at her startled at shouts, "Attack from behind!" He's not holding any obvious weapons.

The dragonkin next to him is intently watching the only doorway in this corridor and doesn't immediately notice Eggy before the warning shout. The door is hanging open, but entry to the room is blocked by a thick wall of ice, which a group of smaller dragonspawn, three hordelings with maces and a sneak wielding a longspear, are working to tear apart and it does appear that they are close to breaking through. The blue dragonspwan is holding a bastard sword in one hand and a shield that resembles a dragon's skull in the other.

Show
    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Eglantine: (1d20+4)[22]
    Rowan: (1d20+2)[8]

Sandra: (1d20+1)[17]
    Geff: (1d20+1)[8]

M: (1d20+1)[21]
    B: (1d20-2)[9]
    S4: (1d20+3)[13]
    Hordelings: (1d20)[19]

Note: Ah, right, the amulet Eggy was given is an Amulet of Health +2. So Eggy's Con is raised by 2 and gains 5 extra HP as a result.

EDIT:
    Spoiler: Map
    Show
    E is Eglantine.
    Ro is Rowan.

S and G are friendly NPCs.

M is the robed half-elf.
    B is the blue dragonspawn.
    S4 is a sneak with a spear.
    H12-H14 are hordelings with maces.

Orange squares have a door in them, dark grey squares have stairs.
    Brown squares have a table (can't move through, except by crawling under it).
    Blue squares are more or less full of ice.
    Last edited by CWater; 2017-03-31 at 07:34 PM.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

4. - Top - End - #544
    Barbarian in the Playground

Relik only grunts as the chain hits. Then he slides past the ineffective Thereon to get behind the foe.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Tumble to avoid provoking AoO from current square: (1d20+7)[24] (DC15, I believe). Move to AA6
    Attack: (1d20+12)[24] (+2 flanking; -1,+2 Power attack)
    Damage: (1d10+10)[15]
    Rage round the fourth of seven.

5. - Top - End - #545

Hawke repositions once more and attempts to take another shot at the fleeing dragonkin.

Show
    If U is still standing, move to AE7 and fire an arrow at Red (my research seems to suggest there's no risk of hitting T due to him being soft cover, but let me know if I'm wrong, since Hawke wouldn't risk that). If U fell after Relik's attack, move to AC8 for a clearer shot.

Attack: (1d20+8)[13]
    Crit?: (1d20+8)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[8]

Spoiler: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Show
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE!
    ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE!
    ┻━┻ ︵ \\('0')// ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES!
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

6. - Top - End - #546

Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post
    Eglantine rushes forward, focused on her goal of reaching the noise. After making a quick turn at the corner, she almost runs into a grey-haired half-elf in a long red robe and a blue-scaled dragonspawn. The half-elf looks at her startled at shouts, "Attack from behind!" He's not holding any obvious weapons.

The dragonkin next to him is intently watching the only doorway in this corridor and doesn't immediately notice Eggy before the warning shout. The door is hanging open, but entry to the room is blocked by a thick wall of ice, which a group of smaller dragonspawn, three hordelings with maces and a sneak wielding a longspear, are working to tear apart and it does appear that they are close to breaking through. The blue dragonspwan is holding a bastard sword in one hand and a shield that resembles a dragon's skull in the other.
    Eglantine's eyes widened at the scene in front of her. She scanned the enemies. No weapons, the half-elf had to be a cleric or mage. Dragonspawn, the three in front of her looked weaker, she could probably survive an attack from them, and the sneak...well she had to hope they would focus on the wall. The blue one was dangerous though, that sword could do some damage.

Spoiler: Knowledge Devotion
    Show
    Do I get another roll now? If so
    Local (half-elf humanoid one, maybe sneak?): (1d20+9)[29] +3Well...I think Eggy is getting really sick of the trouble the half-elves are causing her
    Arcana (dragonspawn?): (1d20+6)[14] +1

She quickly processed what she could and swung her axe at the half-elf, keeping an eye on the blue dragonspawn. As soon as she swung she dove out of the way, hoping to avoid the half-elf's attack and gain some room.

Spoiler: Attack/Actions
    Show
    Attack and then tumble to R40, spending 1 inspiration point (3/4) on a dodge bonus (+4) vs the blue dragonspawn.

I will note if there is a difference due to Knowledge Devotion

Attack: (1d20+5)[6] +3 to 9 doubt that hits
    Crit: (1d20+5)[16]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[7]

Tumble: (1d20+8)[13] vs DC 15, fails the M gets an AoO
    Last edited by Athedia; 2017-03-31 at 09:48 PM.

7. - Top - End - #547

Griffon

Entrance Hall

Quote Originally Posted by SirCatBeard View Post
    Relik only grunts as the chain hits. Then he slides past the ineffective Thereon to get behind the foe.

Show
    Tumble to avoid provoking AoO from current square: (1d8+1)[4] (DC15, I believe). Move to AA6
    Attack: (2d4)[8] (+2 flanking; -1,+2 Power attack)
    Damage: (1d20+7)[12]
    Rage round the fourth of seven.
    Relik deals a heavy blow to the dragonspawn's head. Blood running down her chin the chain-wielder backs down the corridor after the red.

Show
    U Withdraws, via AA8.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aerin will, in order:

Not sure how many actions/rounds that will take, but, initial healing: (1d8+1)[4]
    "Thank you." Vindal downs the potion. The acid on Aerin keeps sinking deeper.

Spoiler: Healing to Vindal and last acid damage to Aerin
    Show
    CLW: (1d8+1)[4]
    Acid: (2d4)[8]

Quote Originally Posted by Table Flipper View Post
    Hawke repositions once more and attempts to take another shot at the fleeing dragonkin.

Show
    If U is still standing, move to AE7 and fire an arrow at Red (my research seems to suggest there's no risk of hitting T due to him being soft cover, but let me know if I'm wrong, since Hawke wouldn't risk that). If U fell after Relik's attack, move to AC8 for a clearer shot.

Attack: (1d8+1)[4]
    Crit?: (2d4)[8]
    Damage: (1d20+7)[12]
    The red dragonspawn dodges the arrow and runs away, taking a turn to the left and disappearing from view.

Theréon charges after the badly wounded white-scaled dragonkin. "Fall foul monster!" But even this wounded she blocks his haphazard attack.
    Spoiler: Theréon attacks U
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+7)[12] inludes charge +2
    Damage: (1d6)[6]

Spoiler: Map, Entrance hall
    Show
    A is Aerin.
    H is Hawke.
    Re is Relik.

V and T are friendly NPCs.

U is a Medium sized dragonkin with a spiked chain.
    Red has ran off the map.

Balcony is 10 ft. high.
    Orange squares have a door in them, dark grey squares have stairs. Brown squares have a table (can't move through, except by crawling under it).

Second floor

Eglantine's eyes widened at the scene in front of her. She scanned the enemies. No weapons, the half-elf had to be a cleric or mage. Dragonspawn, the three in front of her looked weaker, she could probably survive an attack from them, and the sneak...well she had to hope they would focus on the wall. The blue one was dangerous though, that sword could do some damage.

Show
    Do I get another roll now? If so
    Local (half-elf humanoid one, maybe sneak?): (1d8+1)[4] +3Well...I think Eggy is getting really sick of the trouble the half-elves are causing her
    Arcana (dragonspawn?): (2d4)[8] +1

She quickly processed what she could and swung her axe at the half-elf, keeping an eye on the blue dragonspawn. As soon as she swung she dove out of the way, hoping to avoid the half-elf's attack and gain some room.

Spoiler: Attack/Actions
    Show
    Attack and then tumble to R40, spending 1 inspiration point (3/4) on a dodge bonus (+4) vs the blue dragonspawn.

I will note if there is a difference due to Knowledge Devotion

Attack: (1d20+7)[12] +3 to 9 doubt that hits
    Crit: (1d6)[6]
    Damage: (1d4)[4]

Tumble: (1d4)[3] vs DC 15, fails the M gets an AoO
    Show
    The check required for two-legged dragonspawn (sneaks, hordeling, this blue fellow) is actually Nature. It seems curious, but they are Monstrous Humanoids. The quadrupes use Arcane, as they are Magical beasts. Weird, but that's how it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eggy has the same modifier on both though, so no change to the bonus.

Eggy swings wildly as she stumbles away from the enemies' immediate reach. It looks like there's already been a battle here, several bodies of blue dragonbeasts, and hordelings lie in a pile further away. Judging by the bloodstains on the floor they were dragged there to be out of the way.

The hordelings don't pay attention to Eglantine's arrival and continue to batter the ice wall. The outer layer of the ice wall cracks from the first hit and the others damage the second layer.
    Spoiler: Damage to Ice
    Show
    Automatic hits.
    Damage:
    (1d4)[4]
    (1d4)[3]
    (1d6)[3]

The half-elf moves away from Eggy, shouting at the blue dragonkin.

Spoiler: Elven
    Show
    "Morderca! Deal with this... commoner!"

The dragonspawn turns and grunts a reply in the same tongue. Their voice is cold and metallic, like a saw tearing ice, but the words are understandable.

Show
    "Don't order me, elfkin. I am a true warrior, not your lackey to send on errands! But I will deal with this... interruption."

The blue shouts something in another tongue to the other dragonkin and then catches up with Eglantine with just a few long strides.

Spoiler: Oh right, visual aid!
    Show

The dragonkin raises their blade and speaks in slow Common. "I am Morderca, puny humankin. Prepare to meet your god, you will have the honour of dying by my blade."

Spoiler: B attacks Eglantine
    Show
    Bastard sword: (1d20+14)[15]
    Damage: (1d10+6)[9]

But it seems the gods are not keen on meeting Eggy, as Morderca's foot slips on the bloody floor and the sword doesn't even come close to her.

The sneak also keeps smacking the wall.
    Spoiler: Damage
    Show
    (1d6)[6]

Sandra and Geff catch up with Eggy. Morderca shouts more commands to the other dragonspawns.

Show
    Eglantine, Rowan
    Half-elf, Hordelings
    Sandra
    Sneak, Blue
    Geff (since he's an ally, I moved him ahead of Rowan to form less blocks)

Spoiler: Map, Second floor
    Show
    E is Eglantine.
    Ro is Rowan.

M is the robed half-elf.
    B is the blue dragonspawn.

Last edited by CWater; 2017-04-01 at 03:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #548

Show
    "I heard your name. I also heard the tone that elf spoke to you in. Does a true warrior feel an apprentice is a worthy kill?"

Diplomacy?: (1d20+3)[22]

Eglantine's voice was that of scorn, but there was a distinct edge of terror in it. She swung at Morderca.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 inspiration point to dodge against B. I think I need it. Badly.

Attack: (1d20+6)[26]
    Crit: (1d20+6)[9]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[9]

9. - Top - End - #549

Aerin stops to drink her last potion before continuing on the way she was going.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Healing: (1d8+1)[7]

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Rowan runs forward, but still lags behind Eggy. Hearing voices around the corner, he grabs Geff's shoulder, taking the opportunity to close the few scratches remaining on the guard. "She's talking to them? Are they making a truce?" He flinches as Eggy follows her foreign words with an attack on whatever was around the corner. "Or not."

Show

1.) Move action to R38

2.) Cure minor wounds on Geff for a total of 4HP (1+3cha). Better than doing nothing with that standard.

11. - Top - End - #551

Relik runs after Thereon and his ineffective 'magic' sword. "If this room is secure, we should check on the others. This place is still full of these things." he shouts, mostly the Thereon, but also to Hawke behind him. He takes one more swing at the dragonspawn; if he falls, the madman can't go running off after him and get hurt..

Show
    Move to S7. I think I need a Tumble for V7 to avoid AoO: (1d20+7)[27] (DC15)
    Attack U: (1d20+12)[32] +2 Flanking; -1,+2 power attack
    Damage: (1d10+10)[16]

Round fifth of seven.
    Last edited by SirCatBeard; 2017-04-01 at 06:18 PM.

12. - Top - End - #552

Griffon

Entrance Hall

Aerin stops to drink her last potion before continuing on the way she was going.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Healing: (1d4)[3]
    Vindal runs in the same direction, reaching the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCatBeard View Post
    Relik runs after Thereon and his ineffective 'magic' sword. "If this room is secure, we should check on the others. This place is still full of these things." he shouts, mostly the Thereon, but also to Hawke behind him. He takes one more swing at the dragonspawn; if he falls, the madman can't go running off after him and get hurt..

Show
    Move to S7. I think I need a Tumble for V7 to avoid AoO: (1d4)[3] (DC15)
    Attack U: (1d4)[1] +2 Flanking; -1,+2 power attack
    Damage: (1d6)[3]

Round fifth of seven.
    Spoiler: Note
    Show
    The DC to Tumble at normal speed is 25, DC 15 is for half speed. However, you make the check anyway.

Relik runs forward, dodging the chain and smashes the dragonspawn's skull against the wall with the flail.

"Good work!", Theréon exclaims and makes a few more swings with his blade, then looks around a bit confused. "The others, yes. Where are they?"

Spoiler: Map, entrance hall
    Show
    A is Aerin.
    H is Hawke.
    Re is Relik.

V and T are friendly NPCs.

No enemies currently in sight.

Balcony is 10 ft. high.
    Orange squares have a door in them, dark grey squares have stairs. Brown squares have a table (can't move through, except by crawling under it).
    Eggy, Rowan and the guards went up the stairs on the right, next to Vindal's current location.

Second Floor

Show
    "I heard your name. I also heard the tone that elf spoke to you in. Does a true warrior feel an apprentice is a worthy kill?"

Diplomacy?: (1d4)[3]

Eglantine's voice was that of scorn, but there was a distinct edge of terror in it. She swung at Morderca.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 inspiration point to dodge against B. I think I need it. Badly.

Attack: (1d4)[1]
    Crit: (1d6)[3]
    Damage: (2d4+1)[6]
    Eglantine's axe draws blood. Morderca smiles, presumably, it's a little hard to tell the difference on a reptilian face.

Spoiler: Morderca speaks in Elven
    Show
    "Perhaps. We shall see if you give me any challenge. So far, your kin have proved pathetic."

Quote Originally Posted by aReallyGreatAxe View Post
    Rowan runs forward, but still lags behind Eggy. Hearing voices around the corner, he grabs Geff's shoulder, taking the opportunity to close the few scratches remaining on the guard. "She's talking to them? Are they making a truce?" He flinches as Eggy follows her foreign words with an attack on whatever was around the corner. "Or not."

Show

1.) Move action to R38

2.) Cure minor wounds on Geff for a total of 4HP (1+3cha). Better than doing nothing with that standard.
    "Thanks", Geff replies, gritting his teeth. "Looks like there's more monsters here."

The half-elf backs further away.
    Spoiler: Half-elf shouts in Elven
    Show
    "Stop fooling around, Morderca and kill her! All of them!"

The hordelings throw glances at the battle, but continue to work on the wall for now. It's very close to cracking.
    Spoiler: Damage to Ice
    Show
    (1d4)[3]
    (1d4)[1]
    (1d6)[3]

Sandra steps forward to swing her flachion at Morderca, but they easily block the attempt.
    "Weak", the dragonkin says.
    Spoiler: Sandra attacks B
    Show
    Attack: [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    Damage: (2d4+1)[6]

The sneak stops hitting the door and runs towards the fight. She swings the longspear, knocking the weapon from Sandra's hands and it clangs when hitting the stone floor.
    Spoiler: Disarm
    Show
    Sandra: (1d20+7)[21]
    S4: (1d20+11)[29]

If fails, opposed check to disarm sneak
    Sandra: (1d20+7)[14]
    S4: (1d20+11)[28]
    Last edited by CWater; 2017-04-02 at 05:56 PM.

13. - Top - End - #553

Seeing the Red dragonkin flee around the corner, and the one with the chain slain by Relik, Hawke puts away his bow. "He's right!" He shouts after Thereon. "Running off by yourself is a good way to get ambushed, and then you won't be fighting anyone!" With that, Hawke moves towards the staircase the others went up.

Show
    Sheathe bow as a move action (in lieu of a standard), and move to AJ10.

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

14. - Top - End - #554

Griffon

Morderca scoffs at the disarmed Sandra and keeps their main focus on Eglantine, swinging the bastard sword twice in quick succession. The first powerful blow cuts her side open, but she manages to duck away from the second.

Spoiler: B attacks Eggy
    Show
    Attack1: (1d20+14)[26]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[12]

Attack2: (1d20+9)[12]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[7]

Geff circles around to also strike at the blue dragonspawn with his longsword, but fails to even come close to hitting.
    Spoiler: Geff attacks B
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+4)[9]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[3]

"Again. Weak." Morderca snorts. "At least die with honour."

Spoiler: Map, second floor
    Show
    E is Eglantine.
    Ro is Rowan.

B is the blue dragonspawn Morderca.
    D is the robed half-elf (previously M, changed the letter to avoid confusion).

Last edited by CWater; 2017-04-02 at 06:09 PM.

15. - Top - End - #555

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Table Flipper View Post
    Seeing the Red dragonkin flee around the corner, and the one with the chain slain by Relik, Hawke puts away his bow. "He's right!" He shouts after Thereon. "Running off by yourself is a good way to get ambushed, and then you won't be fighting anyone!" With that, Hawke moves towards the staircase the others went up.

Show
    Sheathe bow as a move action (in lieu of a standard), and move to AJ10.
    "Alright, lead on, good man!" Theréon turns and runs after Hawke.

16. - Top - End - #556

Aerin runs after the other group.
    Spoiler
    Show
    She'll use a Run action to move 120 feet per round until this results in enemies being in sight. If she winds up with a spare standard action (which could only happen if moving only 30 feet brought enemies into sight some round), she'll regain maneuvers.
    Last edited by Kish; 2017-04-02 at 06:08 PM.

17. - Top - End - #557

"Alright, lead on, good man!" Theréon turns and runs after Hawke.
    Hawke sighs with relief as Thereon decides to be sensible. "Gladly."

Show
    As I believe Thereon's movement is unimpeded, I will have Hawke use run actions (for 120ft) towards where the others went until enemies are sighted, although he will also want to keep an eye on Thereon to make sure he doesn't run off.

Show
    ಠ_ಠ
    ಠ_ಠ Put.
    ಠ__ಠ The tables.
    ಠ___ಠ Back.
    (╮°-°)╮┳━┳
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVER!!!!

18. - Top - End - #558

With the area clear of immediate threat, Relik runs after Hawke and Thereon towards where the others went, still driven by his will and determination to stop these blasted things.

Show
    Run as much as he can, but only 2 rounds of that, then raging ends and he can't run anymore. But until then he should be able to do 160 ft./round (run is 4x normal, right?).
    Last edited by SirCatBeard; 2017-04-02 at 07:34 PM.

19. - Top - End - #559

Eglantine refused to look at the wound, even as she could feel blood seeping into her clothing.

Show
    "If I am a challenge, you are no warrior. A mere crafters apprentice shouldn't pose a challenge."

As she spoke she spat at Morderca's feet, quickly followed by a swing of her axe.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    +int to dodge from inspiration. 1/4 remaing. AC 17, 21 vs Morderca

Attack: (1d20+5)[23]
    Crit: (1d20+5)[22]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[6]

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Rowan runs forward to behind Sandra to get a better view, only to see the most frightening dragon creature yet engaging with Eggy. "Don't hit it unless it hits you," he says, then whispers a prayer of warding for his sister.

Then he notices that it's not just dragonbeasts in the hall. Rowan calls out to the half-elf, taking care to enunciate just in case common wasn't the man's strong suit. He'd heard an awful lot of elven from the hall. "Are you hurt? Help us or hide!"

Spoiler: Spoiler
    Show

1.) Move action to Q41
    2.)Standard action: casting sanctuary on Eggy. Everyone trying to attack her must make a DC14 will save. If they fail, they lose the action used to attack her, and can't make a direct attack on her for the spell's duration. AoE effects work normally.

21. - Top - End - #561

"Rowan? That half-elf is the one that told Morderca here to kill me."

22. - Top - End - #562

Griffon

Eglantine refused to look at the wound, even as she could feel blood seeping into her clothing.

Show
    "If I am a challenge, you are no warrior. A mere crafters apprentice shouldn't pose a challenge."

As she spoke she spat at Morderca's feet, quickly followed by a swing of her axe.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    +int to dodge from inspiration. 1/4 remaing. AC 17, 21 vs Morderca

Attack: (3d4+3)[10]
    Crit: (1d20+3)[13]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[5]
    Eggy cuts Morderca's chest, and a few drops of blood spill out.

Spoiler: Speaks in Elven
    Show
    "You are right, that just about tickled."

Rowan runs forward to behind Sandra to get a better view, only to see the most frightening dragon creature yet engaging with Eggy. "Don't hit it unless it hits you," he says, then whispers a prayer of warding for his sister.

Then he notices that it's not just dragonbeasts in the hall. Rowan calls out to the half-elf, taking care to enunciate just in case common wasn't the man's strong suit. He'd heard an awful lot of elven from the hall. "Are you hurt? Help us or hide!"

Spoiler: Spoiler
    Show

1.) Move action to Q41
    2.)Standard action: casting sanctuary on Eggy. Everyone trying to attack her must make a DC14 will save. If they fail, they lose the action used to attack her, and can't make a direct attack on her for the spell's duration. AoE effects work normally.
    In response to Rowan, the half-elf sends three blue missiles flying at him and soon he feels the unavoidable force hammer at him.
    Spoiler: D attacks Rowan
    Show
    Magic Missile
    Damage (includes all 3 missiles): (3d4+3)[10]

The ice wall finally breaks under the hordelings' attacks. Morderca shouts orders at them in the foreign tongue. The small warriors put away their maces and draw their short swords, two each.

Sandra draws her short sword, holding on to it with both hands, and takes a step forward in an attempt to distract the blue dragonspawn, but then turns and attacks the sneak, who turns out to be too nimble for her.

Spoiler: Sandra attacks S4
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+3)[13]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[5]

Morderca is about to strike Eggy again, but before the attack can connect their own hand stops the movement. The dragonspawn mutters to themselves and glares at Rowan, taking a step towards him. "You will die first then."

The sneak takes a step back and aims to disarm Sandra again, but this time she manages to hold on to her weapon.
    Spoiler: Disarm
    Show
    S4: (1d20+11)[20]
    Sandra: (1d20+7)[26]

If fails, opposed disarm
    Sandra: (1d20+7)[20]

"You die, monster!", Geff shouts and swings his longsword again, but Morderca only laughs at him.
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+4)[8]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[9]

Vindal reaches the top of the stairs.

Show
    E is Eglantine.
    Ro is Rowan.

V, S and G are friendly NPCs.

Spoiler: New initiatives for second group
    Show
    Aerin: (1d20+6)[8]
    Hawke: (1d20+2)[16]
    Relik: (1d20+4)[12]
    Vindal: (1d20+4)[24]
    Theréon: (1d20+3)[9]
    Last edited by CWater; 2017-04-02 at 11:58 PM.

23. - Top - End - #563

Eggy cuts Morderca's chest, and a few drops of blood spill out.

Spoiler: Speaks in Elven
    Show
    "You are right, that just about tickled."

Morderca is about to strike Eggy again, but before the attack can connect their hand stops the movement. The dragonspawn mutters to themselves and glares at Rowan, taking a step towards him. "You will die first then."
    "NO! Rowan! RUN!" Eggy readies her axe to swing at the dragonspawn if he made an attempt to pursue her brother.

Spoiler: Actions +Axe
    Show
    Axe, I am suggesting a withdraw action.

Action is readying an action to attack Morderca if she attempts to attack Rowan. And yes, I know this would drop sanctuary.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

In response to Rowan, the half-elf sends three blue missiles flying at him and soon he feels the unavoidable force hammer at him.
    Spoiler: D attacks Rowan
    Show
    Magic Missile
    Damage (includes all 3 missiles): [roll0]

[...]
    Show
    Attack: [roll1]
    Damage: [roll2]

Morderca is about to strike Eggy again, but before the attack can connect their own hand stops the movement. The dragonspawn mutters to themselves and glares at Rowan, taking a step towards him. "You will die first then."
    "If you can catch me," he blurts out, before sprinting down the hallway as fast as he can.

Show

Run action to Q18

Yes, this will provoke an AoO.

Also activating dodge, Rowan's AC vs. Morderca is now 13 (-2 run, +1 dodge)

Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2017-04-03 at 12:43 AM.

25. - Top - End - #565

Griffon

"If you can catch me," he blurts out, before sprinting down the hallway as fast as he can.

Show

Run action to Q18

Yes, this will provoke an AoO.

Also activating dodge, Rowan's AC vs. Morderca is now 13 (-2 run, +1 dodge)

"COWARD!", Morderca swings their blade at Rowan's fleeing back.

Spoiler: AoO
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+14)[16]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[12]

Rowan feels the cold touch of steel, a jolt of pain and blood running down his spine. But he keeps running away, all the way across the hall to Vindal.
    Last edited by CWater; 2017-04-03 at 12:51 AM.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"COWARD!", Morderca swings their blade at Rowan's fleeing back.

Show
    Attack: [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]

Rowan feels the cold touch of steel, a jolt of pain and blood running down his spine. But he keeps running away, all the way across the hall to Vindal.

"Go help Eggy, the half-elf's dangerous"
    Rowan says in between gasps of air.

27. - Top - End - #567

Griffon

"Go help Eggy, the half-elf's dangerous"
    Rowan says in between gasps of air.
    "Rowan! What happened to you?! No, there's no time. I'll go, but can you heal me? I've taken quite a beating." Vindal's gaze wanders down the corridor.
    -------
    Small shards of ice still glitter where the wall of ice still stood a moment ago. The hordelings rush through and into the room, disappearing from Eglantine's sight.

Sandra advances on the sneak again, but is no more successful than before.
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+3)[13]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[3]

-------
    Hawke and Relik are climbing the stairs, the latter starts to feel his battle rage wane and now he feels the full weight of his tired muscles.
    -------
    Back in the battle corridor Morderca stops for a split second to consider whether to pursue the boy, then shrugs just visibly and turns their blade at Geff. "You then. Do you have courage?", the dragonspawn asks in broken Common and deals a vicious blow to the young guard, but he manages to divert the second blow away from himself.
    Spoiler: B attacks Geff
    Show
    Attack1: (1d20+14)[20]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[10]

Attack2: (1d20+9)[14]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[10]

The sneak keeps up her tactic of disarming, stepping back to gain enough room to use the spear. But Sandra knows what to expect now, and keeps a firm hold on her sword.
    Spoiler: Disarm at Sandra
    Show
    S4: (1d20+11)[15]
    Sandra: (1d20+7)[25]

If fails, opposed disarm
    Sandra: (1d20+7)[19]

"You monster! DIE!!", Geff shouts and slashes at Morderca, drawing blood.
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+4)[21] Forgot to add +2 from flank with Eggy! Which means that he hits.
    Damage: (1d8+2)[5]

-------
    Aerin runs up the stairs and sees Vindal and a pale Rowan not far to her right. She runs past them and sees Eglantine fighting a tall blue dragonkin with a bastard sword and a shield that looks like a dragon's skull, though small of course. She also spots splits blood on the floor and an armless corpse just ahead.

Show
    Eglantine, Rowan
    Vindal (delays after Rowan)
    Half-elf, Hordelings
    Sandra
    Hawke, Relik
    Theréon
    Morderca, Sneak
    Geff
    Aerin (to join the top block)

Show
    A is Aerin.
    E is Eglantine.
    Ro is Rowan.
    H is Hawke.

Relik and Theréon don't yet show on the map.

V, S and G are friendly NPCs.

H12-H14 are hordelings with maces. (currently out of sight)

Blue squares arefull of ice.
    Light blue square glitters with small shards of ice, but doesn't hamper movement.
    Spoiler: Top
    Show

Spoiler: Bottom
    Show

Last edited by CWater; 2017-04-03 at 02:05 AM.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Rowan! What happened to you?! No, there's no time. I'll go, but can you heal me? I've taken quite a beating." Vindal's gaze wanders down the corridor.
    -------
    Rowan nods instead of replying, instead just healing the mentor (and himself) before hurrying back down the corridor after the badly wounded Aerin.

Show

1.) burn "cure disease" to spontaneously cast cure moderate wounds, using the amulet of retributive healing to also take the effect.

(2d8+12)[23] (+5 level, +3cha, +4 feat)

2.) go back down the hallway to Q24

29. - Top - End - #569

"Geff, try to stay alive." Eggy darted around Morderca to chase the hordelings into the room.

Spoiler: Movement
    Show
    Can't move past on a diagonal at a corner, but can loop around. Moving to X44, the long way.

30. - Top - End - #570

Griffon

"Geff, try to stay alive." Eggy darted around Morderca to chase the hordelings into the room.

Spoiler: Movement
    Show
    Can't move past on a diagonal at a corner, but can loop around. Moving to X44, the long way.
    Morderca still can't attack Eggy, much to the dragonspawns chagrin, but the sneak resist the ward and stabs her with the spear when she approaches.

Show
    Longspear: (1d20+3)[18]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[6]
    Last edited by CWater; 2017-04-03 at 08:10 AM.