New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: IC Ljonarian Enigma: Tournament Chaos

"I do belief this may have been an attempt on the life of a noble. The summoner must be found. There is enough chaos, let's not have a case of vigilantism on our hands as well..."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Aerin takes a deep breath, then another. She swings her sword through the air, before bending over the elf. "The monsters are gone. Anyone have healing magic?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Adaptive Style to switch her readied maneuvers as a full-round action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    Eglantine kicked the ground at anger at having failed so badly to help the man. Thinking of him again she knelt down, checking him over for more serious wounds. "We need to get him to help. Is anyone here a healer?" She looked over at Barden. "You paid up. Those belts are yours now, so may I suggest putting one to use?"
    Spoiler: Heal Check
    Show
    Heal: [roll0]
    Barden hurries over, cursing under his breath. "Hmh, yes, maybe we will. But if we'd first move him from here, with that damn crowd staring", he gestures towards a tent used by the staff, "Can he stand? I certainly hope so. Argus, deal with the audience!", he shouts to his assistant, "No one is dead, there's nothing to worry about. Can you hellp us, lass? You can show how the belts are used."

Quote Originally Posted by Were-Conspiracy View Post
    "I do belief this may have been an attempt on the life of a noble. The summoner must be found. There is enough chaos, let's not have a case of vigilantism on our hands as well..."
    Barden's expression grows even darker. "Should be found, yes. But will all the people wandering around... Still Argus, gather the other mages. And you two", he looks to Alexander and Aerin, considering something, "Care to tag along for a moment. I might have a favour to ask of you. Really simple, might even be worth a few coins."
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post

Soon a strong wind starts to blow, likely magical in origin and the fog clears. Half the Count's guards have their swords drawn, ready to fight, but nothing threatening comes to view. Only confused people and more or less calm horses. One guard who had thought to stay on horseback finds himself in close contact with the cobblestones, but he is the only casualty. Rowan doesn't see Ky anywhere.

"Sorry about that!", someone shouts from their right amongst a group of workmen, "One of the fog bubbles stored for the show burst!" The Count scoffs. "Useless idiots", he mutters, but is feeling unusually serene and doesn't care to start a new argument. "I shan't waste any more time here!" He returns to his prized horse and after quickly studying the wound that is no more gives Rowan a reluctant nod and flips a coin in his direction. "Well done, boy. Not a cleric you said, is there still a deity I should thank?", he asks while mounting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rowan gains 1 platinum coin (10 gp) and 100 XP.
    Rowan catches the coin and looks at it in surprise before shoving it quickly into a pocket. "Illyrie's peace be with you, my lord," he says before turning and walking off, trying to lose himself in the crowd before the Count changed his mind about yelling. He should probably get to work, in any case.

4. - Top - End - #64

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by aReallyGreatAxe View Post
    Rowan catches the coin and looks at it in surprise before shoving it quickly into a pocket. "Illyrie's peace be with you, my lord," he says before turning and walking off, trying to lose himself in the crowd before the Count changed his mind about yelling. He should probably get to work, in any case.
    Rowan makes his way towards Illyrie's temple. It is a firm stone building, not as high or large as that of Fraemthin, or as decorative as Eskin's, but it is very old and possesses a quiet type of dignity. Despite the commotion and noise around the city, the street that passes by it feels less restless somehow even if there's no less people, as if the aura of the temple is calming the surrounding area and muffling the sounds to an almost pleasant hum.

The large wooden doors creak loudly as Rowan enters. The temple lobby has few decorations, only two halfling sized statues that flank the door to the chapel, and some partly faded engravings on the walls near the ceiling. There are two other doors in the room, the one on the right side opens to the garden and a door on the left leads to the clerics' offices and quarters. Behind a high desk right next to the main entrance stands an elderly half-elf priest writing something to a long parchment. Rowan knows him as Brother Gregor, a reasonably friendly person, though he has little patience for nonsense. He lifts his gaze when the young healer comes in and nods to him in greeting. By the chapel door sits another person that Rowan doesn't recognise. His clothes are not those of a local cleric, maybe a workman or a traveller.

5. - Top - End - #65

Barden hurries over, cursing under his breath. "Hmh, yes, maybe we will. But if we'd first move him from here, with that damn crowd staring", he gestures towards a tent used by the staff, "Can he stand? I certainly hope so. Argus, deal with the audience!", he shouts to his assistant, "No one is dead, there's nothing to worry about. Can you hellp us, lass? You can show how the belts are used."

Barden's expression grows even darker. "Should be found, yes. But will all the people wandering around... Still Argus, gather the other mages. And you two", he looks to Alexander and Aerin, considering something, "Care to tag along for a moment. I might have a favour to ask of you. Really simple, might even be worth a few coins."
    Eglantine nodded and followed Barden. Once they were at the tent she waited until the belts got there. "Put the belt on like normal, that functionality doesn't ever change with these things. Then when you want to use the magic, touch the gems chosen and the person you are healing. Two hands, yes. There are three moonstones right, so each of those is a charge. The more stones used up each day, the more powerful the healing spell. Overall though I suggest just using them one at a time, tends to last longer that way and do more overall healing. For use on yourself just touch the desired stones and then yourself. Remember only three stones each day for a maximum of three uses a day, it will recharge on it's own, but keep track. The moonstones slightly dull when they are discharged, so that should help. Some residual power is always in these so diagnosing problems should become a little easier. Oh, and I am sure you know this, but just like normal spells if you ever end up fighting someone summoning dead things? This belt works opposite on those, they can't stand healing."
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Colossus in the Playground

"Yes, of course," Aerin says. She lifts the wounded elf carefully. Inside the tent, she listens to the newcomer describing how to use the belts.

"What happened out there? Why was one of the summoners missing and what does it have to do with a noble?" she asks.

7. - Top - End - #67

"Yes, of course," Aerin says. She lifts the wounded elf carefully. Inside the tent, she listens to the newcomer describing how to use the belts.

"What happened out there? Why was one of the summoners missing and what does it have to do with a noble?" she asks.
    Eglantine shrugged and looked down at the elf. "Probably another kid with money who thought the fancy work he learned growing up would be able to handle the tournament. To be honest, I don't mind them. They buy up even the worst weapons, to much gold and not enough brains." She held out her hand to the half-orc. "Names Eglantine. Didn't see much but whoever summoned those things could be anywhere. Heck, they don't need real skill to do it either, give me a couple hours and I could produce a scroll half this crowd could use to get their own special beasties." She looked down at the elf again a little worried. If Rowan was with her she would know that how bad the injuries were. On the other hand she was glad her little brother hadn't witnessed her rather... inept display during the fight. She ran her fingers along the blade of the axe, annoyed. She hadn't been able to train at all with the rush of orders.

8. - Top - End - #68

"Let me rephrase," Aerin says, shaking the woman's hand. "Those creatures were summoned for us to fight as part of the tournament. When he tried to yield, his summoner had gone missing and wasn't around to dismiss the monsters he was fighting. If the summoner wandered off to assassinate a noble, it seems an odd scheme--highly conspicuous, if you're planning an assassination, to announce that you're an arcane spellcaster who's going to be in one place where you'll immediately be missed when you're not there. The opposite of an alibi. My name's Aerin Thorn."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Rowan makes his way towards Illyrie's temple. It is a firm stone building, not as high or large as that of Fraemthin, or as decorative as Eskin's, but it is very old and possesses a quiet type of dignity. Despite the commotion and noise around the city, the street that passes by it feels less restless somehow even if there's no less people, as if the aura of the temple is calming the surrounding area and muffling the sounds to an almost pleasant hum.

The large wooden doors creak loudly as Rowan enters. The temple lobby has few decorations, only two halfling sized statues that flank the door to the chapel, and some partly faded engravings on the walls near the ceiling. There are two other doors in the room, the one on the right side opens to the garden and a door on the left leads to the clerics' offices and quarters. Behind a high desk right next to the main entrance stands an elderly half-elf priest writing something to a long parchment. Rowan knows him as Brother Gregor, a reasonably friendly person, though he has little patience for nonsense. He lifts his gaze when the young healer comes in and nods to him in greeting. By the chapel door sits another person that Rowan doesn't recognise. His clothes are not those of a local cleric, maybe a workman or a traveller.
    Rowan took a deep breath as he entered the temple, enjoying the relative peace. He nodded back to Brother Gregor as he wiped off his shoes near the door, but did not disturb his writing.

The new arrival, however, Rowan felt no regret about bothering. "Hello, can I help you?"

10. - Top - End - #70

"Let me rephrase," Aerin says, shaking the woman's hand. "Those creatures were summoned for us to fight as part of the tournament. When he tried to yield, his summoner had gone missing and wasn't around to dismiss the monsters he was fighting. If the summoner wandered off to assassinate a noble, it seems an odd scheme--highly conspicuous, if you're planning an assassination, to announce that you're an arcane spellcaster who's going to be in one place where you'll immediately be missed when you're not there. The opposite of an alibi. My name's Aerin Thorn."
    "Well, we know the summoner is alive. Or was. The summons would have disappeared on death. But it is rather easy to slip away in this chaos. Can any of us claim to have spotted anything? I was busy counting payment, you were fighting. The other mages were focusing on their own spells. The crowd, watching the fight. Anyone who has any experience with stealth knows a distracted crowd is the best thing for you. Everyone is so focused on what they expect that they don't notice what is out of place."

11. - Top - End - #71

Griffon

Barden orders his assistant to take care of the healing per Eglantine's instructions, overseeing the work and frowning. "Yes, yes, that is quite enough. We'll be needing the belts later too. Bandage the rest for now." Then he turns around and gestures Aerin, Eglantine and Alexander to come to the other side of the tent to have a private word with him. "Right, sad business this. Stupid prank, what the damn mage was thinking, I sure don't know. We'll look into it of course, see that he's found and taken to the guards."

"But, I do have a favour to ask of you.. A really simple job", he glances over his shoulder at the young elf, "Him there, he needs to see a proper healer, and the sooner the better. But uh... I wouldn't really want to send a wounded man wandering the streets alone, crowded and noisy as they are. So, if you would just see him to the nearest temple, think that'd be Illyrie's, do you know the way? And don't you two worry about the tournament", he waves his hands reassuringly, addressing Aerin and Alexander, "I got good enough proof that you can fight. You'll be on the lists tomorrow, don't worry about that!"

Rowan took a deep breath as he entered the temple, enjoying the relative peace. He nodded back to Brother Gregor as he wiped off his shoes near the door, but did not disturb his writing.

The new arrival, however, Rowan felt no regret about bothering. "Hello, can I help you?"
    The man had been deep in thought and looks up startled. "Oh, who? Ah, excuse me. I am Novice August, from the shrine at Winterhill", he stands up and offers to shake Rowan's hand. He doesn't look much older than him, but being a half-elf he's probably at least in his twenties. "I've come here to speak with the High Cleric, and my business is urgent. Can you help me? I haven't been allowed to see her, and no word has even been sent of my arrival!"

"I said no such thing", Brother Gregor interrupts without lifting his gaze from the scroll, "Young people should learn patience. The High Cleric will pass through here at least twice a day. So naturally if you wait here, you will eventually meet her. I shan't have your restlessness disturb the peace of the temple."

August gives Rowan an exasperated look and flails his hands in the air to silently express his frustration of the situation.

Spoiler: Knowledge(Local) DC 10
    Show
    Winterhill is village on the southern side of Springhaven (the country). It has one of the two other shrines of Illyrie in the country besides this temple.
    Last edited by CWater; 2017-06-15 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Small title retcon

12. - Top - End - #72

Barden orders his assistant to take care of the healing per Eglantine's instructions, overseeing the work and frowning. "Yes, yes, that is quite enough. We'll be needing the belts later too. Bandage the rest for now." Then he turns around and gestures Aerin, Eglantine and Alexander to come to the other side of the tent to have a private word with him. "Right, sad business this. Stupid prank, what the damn mage was thinking, I sure don't know. We'll look into it of course, see that he's found and taken to the guards."

"But, I do have a favour to ask of you.. A really simple job", he glances over his shoulder at the young elf, "Him there, he needs to see a proper healer, and the sooner the better. But uh... I wouldn't really want to send a wounded man wandering the streets alone, crowded and noisy as they are. So, if you would just see him to the nearest temple, think that'd be Illyrie's, do you know the way? And don't you two worry about the tournament", he waves his hands reassuringly, addressing Aerin and Alexander, "I got good enough proof that you can fight. You'll be on the lists tomorrow, don't worry about that!"
    Eglantine looked at Barden skeptically but kept her tongue to herself. She doubted his logic but didn't want to lose Vindal's customer (even one that had repeatedly tried to undercut the agreed upon prices). "Sir, I do have to report back to Vindal, this is our busiest hour." She looked at the injured man and sighed, resigned to the task. "But I do know the temple. My brother is a healer there, I can guarantee his assistance." She examined the half-elf, "Can you two help him walk?"

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The man had been deep in thought and looks up startled. "Oh, who? Ah, excuse me. I am Brother August, from the shrine at Winterhill", he stands up and offers to shake Rowan's hand. He doesn't look much older than him, but being a half-elf he's probably at least in his twenties. "I've come here to speak with the High Cleric, and my business is urgent. Can you help me? I haven't been allowed to see her, and no word has even been sent of my arrival!"

"I said no such thing", Brother Gregor interrupts without lifting his gaze from the scroll, "Young people should learn patience. The High Cleric will pass through here at least twice a day. So naturally if you wait here, you will eventually meet her. I shan't have your restlessness disturb the peace of the temple."

August gives Rowan an exasperated look and flails his hands in the air to silently express his frustration of the situation.

Spoiler: Knowledge(Local) DC 10
    Show
    Winterhill is village on the southern side of Springhaven (the country). It has one of the two other shrines of Illyrie in the country besides this temple.
    Rowan accepts his handshake. "I'm really sorry. I don't know how you do it in other countries, but here in Springhaven there's a way things are usually done, and it's Brother Gregor who knows how to do them."

After a moment of awkward silence, he smiles nervously. "What did you need to speak with her about, in any case? Perhaps someone else could help you, and we wouldn't have to bother the High Cleric at all."
    Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2016-05-07 at 12:53 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74

"Of course," Aerin says to the request. She picks up the injured man carefully. "I know the way there." Her mouth quirks slightly when Eglantine suggests two people helping the elf walk, but she doesn't set him down, rather starting off toward the temple.

15. - Top - End - #75

"Of course," Aerin says to the request. She picks up the injured man carefully. "I know the way there." Her mouth quirks slightly when Eglantine suggests two people helping the elf walk, but she doesn't set him down, rather starting off toward the temple.
    Eglantine stared a little surprised as the half-orc picked the man up. Quickly she hurried over to catch up with her, turning around and walking backwards to talk. "Look, as I said, my brother works there. I can get us the healing fast without having to wait in line or anything but... let me talk to him? He's... well he means well."

16. - Top - End - #76

"What's the problem with your brother?" Aerin's pace doesn't slacken.

17. - Top - End - #77

"What's the problem with your brother?" Aerin's pace doesn't slacken.
    "No problem. He does a good job and is on his way to being a great healer. He just... well he didn't get the wits."

18. - Top - End - #78

"Well, I'll let you deal with him," Aerin says.

19. - Top - End - #79

Griffon

The injured elf has come to and seems a little embarrassed of having lost his battle so badly, and he protests being so unceremoniously carried. "Put me down at once! I can walk myself, the wounds are not that grave." That may be, though he still looks very pale and pained.

Eglantine leads the small party out of the fighting grounds and back to the bustling town. They walk past the hoard of traders at their market stands and the occasional street magician and artist. More than once someone tries to stop them and offer something for them to buy (usually useless trinkets). After wading through the crowded streets, they finally start to feel the calming presence of Illyries temple, and the number of people around them drops rapidly and the sounds muffle. They take a narrow street that should lead them to the wider road passing by the temple and almost right to its front doors, when...

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Listen checks please.

Rowan accepts his handshake. "I'm really sorry. I don't know how you do it in other countries, but here in Springhaven there's a way things are usually done, and it's Brother Gregor who knows how to do them."

After a moment of awkward silence, he smiles nervously. "What did you need to speak with her about, in any case? Perhaps someone else could help you, and we wouldn't have to bother the High Cleric at all."
    The cleric sighs. "I'm afraid I do. And I am from Springhaven too, though I suppose it would be too much to ask for you to know of Winterhill. It's a village to the south, we have shrine there to The Lady of Peace. It has been there for ages, but might not for much longer, if the Marquis gets his way. He would drive us out from our sacred land! And soon, so I must see the High Cleric without delay!"

"If this sort of agitation", Brother Gregor puts in, still not lifting his gaze, "is common over there, then badly have you forgotten Illyrie's scriptures."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The cleric sighs. "I'm afraid I do. And I am from Springhaven too, though I suppose it would be too much to ask for you to know of Winterhill. It's a village to the south, we have shrine there to The Lady of Peace. It has been there for ages, but might not for much longer, if the Marquis gets his way. He would drive us out from our sacred land! And soon, so I must see the High Cleric without delay!"

"If this sort of agitation", Brother Gregor puts in, still not lifting his gaze, "is common over there, then badly have you forgotten Illyrie's scriptures."
    "That's terrible," Rowan says quietly. "And I can see why you're so impatient."

" But how far away is Winterhill, exactly? Even if the High Cleric came in right now, you'd still have to figure out what to do, and that takes time. If you were to leave right then would you be able to get to Winterhill? Or would you wait and leave in the morning, avoid traveling at night?"

That's what I'd do. So really, does it matter so much if you have to wait a few more minutes to speak with the High Cleric?"

He glances over at Brother Gregor, as if for confirmation.

21. - Top - End - #81

Griffon

Aerin hears someone chanting a spell. While there is nothing unusual about that per se, in fact they have seen and heard many spells cast on their way here, this one is longer than the usual cantrip and the voice is coming from above, though she can see no one there, only the clear sky above and some modest decorations on the building walls. There are a few other people crossing the alley as well, but none of them looks to be casting at the moment.

Show
    You have 1 round of actions.
    The houses are about 30 ft. high.

Let me know if you like a map right away.

"That's terrible," Rowan says quietly. "And I can see why you're so impatient."

" But how far away is Winterhill, exactly? Even if the High Cleric came in right now, you'd still have to figure out what to do, and that takes time. If you were to leave right then would you be able to get to Winterhill? Or would you wait and leave in the morning, avoid traveling at night?"

That's what I'd do. So really, does it matter so much if you have to wait a few more minutes to speak with the High Cleric?"

He glances over at Brother Gregor, as if for confirmation.
    "Well, I-", August stops. "Maybe you're right", he admits after considering for a moment, "Bút this waiting is making me mad! What if the Marquis has already called his men... Perhaps I should just leave a letter for the High Cleric, and return right away myself!"
    Last edited by CWater; 2016-05-28 at 06:47 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82

It takes Aerin only a second to decide to go with her instincts; if she winds up looking paranoid, it's not like she truly cares. "Get out of sight," she says in a quick, low voice. Then she darts around a corner, still carrying the elf, sets him down carefully, and draws her sword.

Spoiler
    Show

She'll try to get to somewhere where an invisible person where she thinks the voice was coming from doesn't have line of sight to her or the elf. I have no real clue how many of the actions I described her taking can be done in one round. It turns out that it's much less annoying when I'm a player and I make the DM figure out things like that than when I'm the DM and a player makes me figure out things like that.

23. - Top - End - #83

Eglantine looked at the orc curiously, but trusted her judgement. She followed her, drawing her axe from the strap on her back. "Can't we just run to the temple? I am going to be late back to work."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Well, I-", August stops. "Maybe you're right", he admits after considering for a moment, "Bút this waiting is making me mad! What if the Marquis has already called his men... Perhaps I should just leave a letter for the High Cleric, and return right away myself!"
    Rowan breathes a sigh of relief. "That's up to you. I'm sure Brother Gregor could hold a letter if you really need to get back right away. But it might get messy and confusing if the High Cleric has more questions and you've already left. Like I said though, it's up to you."

25. - Top - End - #85

Griffon

Post Re: IC Ljonarian Enigma: Tournament Chaos

It takes Aerin only a second to decide to go with her instincts; if she winds up looking paranoid, it's not like she truly cares. "Get out of sight," she says in a quick, low voice. Then she darts around a corner, still carrying the elf, sets him down carefully, and draws her sword.

Spoiler
    Show

She'll try to get to somewhere where an invisible person where she thinks the voice was coming from doesn't have line of sight to her or the elf. I have no real clue how many of the actions I described her taking can be done in one round. It turns out that it's much less annoying when I'm a player and I make the DM figure out things like that than when I'm the DM and a player makes me figure out things like that.
    Show
    Aerin's movement takes up most if her turn, so she's still carrying the elf and hasn't yet drawn her sword at the start of her next turn. Putting the elf down carefully is a move action (if he were unconscious or otherwise immobilized it would be a full-round action) though she can drop him as a free action.

Eglantine looked at the orc curiously, but trusted her judgement. She followed her, drawing her axe from the strap on her back. "Can't we just run to the temple? I am going to be late back to work."
    Aerin runs to the nearest street corner and turns right to another small alley. The elven noble, who by now had resigned to the fate of being carried, demands loudly what is the meaning of this. Alerted by Aerin's warning, Eglantine and Alexander follow them a few steps behind.

They haven't gone far this way, when a roar breaks the silence of the street and a large lion whose mane emits an orange glow appears in the crossroads and charges after the running party, leaping to bite and claw at the closest unlucky person.

Spoiler: Charge attack
    Show
    If this roll is 1 it targets Eggy, if 2 it's Alexander: (1d2)[2]

Charging lion full-attacks.

Claw1: (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage: (1d4+5)[7]

Claw2: (1d20+7)[18]
    Damage: (1d4+5)[9]

Bite: (1d20+2)[9]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[6]
    If this hits, roll opposed grapple check please.

Rake1: (1d20+7)[17]
    Damage: (1d4+2)[3]

Rake2: (1d20+7)[22]
    Damage: (1d4+2)[5]

A second lion runs into view, but the first effectively blocks the alley preventing it from following. It is a fair guess that had they remained on the other street, they would have been surrounded by the two beasts. Alas, now the other can only roar.

A few shrieks of horror and hurried footsteps can be heard against the background of muffled noises from the rest of the city.

Show
    Party's turn.

Map later today.

Rowan breathes a sigh of relief. "That's up to you. I'm sure Brother Gregor could hold a letter if you really need to get back right away. But it might get messy and confusing if the High Cleric has more questions and you've already left. Like I said though, it's up to you."
    I... I don't know", the half-elf looks distressed. Suddenly Brother Gregor lifts his head, but it's not the younger priest that finally got his attention. Gregor frowns and turns his head around as if he's sensing something in the air. "Someone has disturbed the peace of the temple grounds", he says in a grumpy tone, "Rowan, do find out what it is about, will you? If it's that baker's boy and his rascal friends pranking by disturbing the wards again, I swear I shall see to it that they spend a week in the room of Tranquility..."

26. - Top - End - #86

Eglantine looked at the lions and gulped. "I am going to get in so much trouble now." She swung her axe at the lion, hoping to at least distract it from Alexander.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[17]
    Crit: (1d20+5)[8]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[10]

27. - Top - End - #87

"I'm going to need to drop you to fight that lion." Aerie drops the elf, as carefully as she can, draws her sword, and lunges to attack the lion blocking the alleyway. "RARGH! You dare face me, you mangy beast!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Stone Bones. Her priorities are, in order:
    1) Block the lion from entering the alley or letting the other lion join it.
    2) Flank with Alexander or Eglantine.
    3) Not give it a chance to pounce again.
    4) Hit it.

Attack: (1d20+7)[11] Unfortunately cannot draw and charge. Dodge on lion and assuming Stonefoot Stance, so effective AC against it 19. If she hits, DR 5/adamantine until the next round. Critical threat check: (1d20+7)[24]
    Damage: (2d6+4)[7] Critical damage: (2d6+4)[16]

28. - Top - End - #88

Griffon

Eglantine looked at the lions and gulped. "I am going to get in so much trouble now." She swung her axe at the lion, hoping to at least distract it from Alexander.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+9)[19]
    Crit: (2d4+7)[12]
    Damage: (1d20+7)[27]
    Eglantine's axe cuts deep and the lion snarls.

Recoiling from the savage attack, Alexander takes a step back grabbing his ranseur and swings it back towards the lion, though he must be careful not to hit the other's in the small alley.
    Spoiler: OOC and rolls
    Show
    I'll have Alexander have this turn before Aerin, as it makes most sense in the circumstances. (Otherwise Aerin wouldn't have space to step into.)

Attack: (1d20+9)[19]
    Damage: (2d4+7)[12]

"I'm going to need to drop you to fight that lion." Aerie drops the elf, as carefully as she can, draws her sword, and lunges to attack the lion blocking the alleyway. "RARGH! You dare face me, you mangy beast!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Stone Bones. Her priorities are, in order:
    1) Block the lion from entering the alley or letting the other lion join it.
    2) Flank with Alexander or Eglantine.
    3) Not give it a chance to pounce again.
    4) Hit it.

Attack: (1d20+9)[19] Unfortunately cannot draw and charge. Dodge on lion and assuming Stonefoot Stance, so effective AC against it 19. If she hits, DR 5/adamantine until the next round. Critical threat check: (2d4+7)[12]
    Damage: (1d20+7)[27] Critical damage: (1d4+10)[13]
    Unceremoniously, the elf falls down on his butt on the cobblestones, but it appears his pride is hurt more than his person. In her haste to enter the fray, Aerin's first attack misses.

The lion growls and rises up to stand on its hindlegs. Its claws glow red as it reaches for Eglantine.
    Spoiler: Full Attack
    Show
    Claw1: (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage: (1d4+10)[13]

Claw2: (1d20+7)[23]
    Damage: (1d4+5)[7]

Bite: (1d20+2)[12]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[6]
    If hits, roll opposed grapple against (1d20+12)[19]. If the lion wins, it makes a rake attack: (1d20+7)[25], Damage: (1d4+2)[4]

The other lion roars in frustration, but its way is firmly blocked by its companion.

Show
    Party's turn.

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    Illyrie's temple is to the north, you came from the south. The street you're now on is not a dead end. (I would actually image it to a be a bit narrower than 10 ft. but it is still best described as 2 squares wide.)

29. - Top - End - #89

Show

Oops. Messed up on thread. Will reproduce here.

"Step back. It won't be able to follow you." Aerin swings her sword grimly.
    Spoiler
    Show

Regaining maneuvers. Attack: (1d20+8)[11] Critical confirmation: (1d20+8)[9]
    Damage: (2d6+4)[10] Critical damage: (2d6+4)[10]
    Effective AC against lion 19.

30. - Top - End - #90

Eglantine took a shuddering breath as blood poured from the now gaping wounds in her front. Still holding the axe she followed the orc's instructions, stumbling back to where the elf was dropped. "Stand up, we need to get to the temple." She was feeling dizzy from the sheer amount of blood lost from the one attack.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Using Withdraw action to prevent AoO. Full round action. Move to AG29