1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: IC Ljonarian Enigma: Tournament Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    Spoiler: Ynna Directions
    Show
    Basically down toward and past B15

Eglantine grabbed the cloak and armbands, throwing them on. She was utterly terrified about this creature, whatever it was.

"Run Ynna! NOW!"

Spoiler: Items
    Show
    Putting on cloak of resistance and armbands of elusive action. Next turn I plan to grab a whip feather token. Sadly no access to the pathfinder tokens (SO many more. And some are really fun)
    "R-right!" Ynna runs out from the back, squeezing past the piled boxes. The not-chicken lets out an ear-piercing yell and charges after the crowd, colliding with the slowest person. Despite the fury of the attack, its beak is small and does only minimal damage, however the terrified gnome shares the other's fate and turns to stone.

Most of the people keep running, leaving behind only an old lady who was knocked over in the confusion. The owner of the rival magic item shop doesn't run, but goes to hide behind the counter, and the smith on the left grabs one of the polearms on display to arm herself.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    What feather tokens do you have in mind? I do allow some Pathfinder stuff, so they might be available. Just note that unlike other magical items, feather tokens are spent after being used, so Eggy might have to pay for them later, if they are missed.

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    Stalls are separated with black lines, though the walls are usually just made of cloth. I named a few of the closest ones.
    N are people, the smith, and old lady and the rival magic item craftsman are left.
    S are people turned to stone.
    C is the weird chicken.

Orange squares mark the insides of a tent, they contain various items and furniture you'd expect in a market stall. Generally can't run inside.
    Grey square are roads, normal movement.
    Light orange squares have some stuff, like boxes in them. Walking through such a square costs x2 movement and you can't run through them.
    Brown
    squares are so full they are practically blocked. A Climb check is required to get through. (The paths behind and between the stalls are supposed to be kept open, but...)

Quote Originally Posted by aReallyGreatAxe View Post
    Rowan's face is white as a sheet when Aerin and Darian return to the hall. "We have to get out of here. This has to be some kind of bad joke- one assassination per day should be enough for anyone." He starts down the hall the way they came in. "Darian- does the Minister of Defense have any enemies? Maybe we could count on them to at least not be in on his plan."
    "I- I don't know", Darian replies, "They had to be joking, or speaking empty words. There is no way the Minister could... And that lady, what did she look like?", he asks Aerin, looking like he doesn't really want to hear the answer.
    Last edited by CWater; 2016-09-28 at 03:29 PM.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

"They weren't joking," Aerin says sharply. "Elven woman. Fey-touched. Important enough to give orders to the Minister of Defense. They thought you were important enough, and intractably hostile enough to their coup, to assassinate. Give me the name of someone you trust to be loyal to the Emperor over the Minister of Defense and whoever that woman is."

3. - Top - End - #183

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "They weren't joking," Aerin says sharply. "Elven woman. Fey-touched. Important enough to give orders to the Minister of Defense. They thought you were important enough, and intractably hostile enough to their coup, to assassinate. Give me the name of someone you trust to be loyal to the Emperor over the Minister of Defense and whoever that woman is."
    Darian grows even more pale. "But, only the Duchess would... No, no, Her Grace can't be involved in this. Well, she is fey-touched, but other old noble families have fey blood too. And I still have no idea why someone would want to have me killed! But, loyal to the Emperor...", he thinks, "Well, I'm pretty sure my father is. And... Marchioness Delaqua. There are others, but of those I am certain." He looks around. "We... shouldn't stay here, then? Even if the Minister were involved in the attacks against my family, surely no one would try anything here in the castle."

4. - Top - End - #184

"We should not stay here. Take me--us--to your father if you can. If not, to this Marchioness."

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post
    "R-right!" Ynna runs out from the back, squeezing past the piled boxes. The not-chicken lets out an ear-piercing yell and charges after the crowd, colliding with the slowest person. Despite the fury of the attack, its beak is small and does only minimal damage, however the terrified gnome shares the other's fate and turns to stone.

Most of the people keep running, leaving behind only an old lady who was knocked over in the confusion. The owner of the rival magic item shop doesn't run, but goes to hide behind the counter, and the smith on the left grabs one of the polearms on display to arm herself.

Show
    What feather tokens do you have in mind? I do allow some Pathfinder stuff, so they might be available. Just note that unlike other magical items, feather tokens are spent after being used, so Eggy might have to pay for them later, if they are missed.

Show
    Stalls are separated with black lines, though the walls are usually just made of cloth. I named a few of the closest ones.
    N are people, the smith, and old lady and the rival magic item craftsman are left.
    S are people turned to stone.
    C is the weird chicken.

Orange squares mark the insides of a tent, they contain various items and furniture you'd expect in a market stall. Generally can't run inside.
    Grey square are roads, normal movement.
    Light orange squares have some stuff, like boxes in them. Walking through such a square costs x2 movement and you can't run through them.
    Brown
    squares are so full they are practically blocked. A Climb check is required to get through. (The paths behind and between the stalls are supposed to be kept open, but...)

Spoiler: Cwater
    Show
    The only one that would really apply now would be the Tar and Feathers token. Basically a tokened glitterdust. I understand that Eggy will be expected to pay for them. Hopefully Vindal will see this as an advertising investment instead of... well his apprentice using merchandise (though I will say, it would probably be more expensive to replace the apprentice than the merchandise at this point). And yes, I know it will be a while before Eggy can replace these items by making them. Major creation is a little out of reach for now (level 13 min for Factotum)

Once I get verification my plan is basically

1. Throw Tar and Feathers token at creature (pretty sure it is a cockatrice if I know my mythologies/nethack, hint don't eat their corpses...)
    2. Position myself between the creature and the fallen woman
    3. Pray that I don't get petrified

Once I get the go ahead/told what actions all this will take, I will post
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

6. - Top - End - #186

Grabbing the small token from the display Eglantine hurled it at the cockatrice as she ran to put herself between it and the old woman. Her axe leapt into her hand, the crystal letting off a quick glow. "Get up Ma'am and run!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to H9

7. - Top - End - #187

Griffon

"We should not stay here. Take me--us--to your father if you can. If not, to this Marchioness."
    "I- Alright", Darian agrees after some hesitation, "I don't know where father is, and our house is on fire!", he lets out a small laugh, as if he has trouble stomaching the situation, "But I remember where the Marchioness's city mansion is. But I still think this must be a misunderstanding. The mere thought is..." He continues to babble nervously as they head back towards the gate, more to himself than anyone else.

They are almost in the entrance hall, when they hear an angry shout: "You! Stop there!" Darian almost jumps and turns around, but it was not him the call was directed to. An obviously furious nobleman is approaching them, followed by two guards, his finger pointed at Rowan. "I remember you, thief! The nerve you have to come here, to steal more no doubt!!", he shouts with a voice full of vehemence, "Return my signet and the money you stole, immediately, and I'll only have you whipped!"

Spoiler: Axe
    Show
    It is Count Delawney, the nobleman Rowan met in the morning. If you recall, the man's horse had been hurt after he rode towards a carriage and Ky asked Rowan to heal it.

Grabbing the small token from the display Eglantine hurled it at the cockatrice as she ran to put herself between it and the old woman. Her axe leapt into her hand, the crystal letting off a quick glow. "Get up Ma'am and run!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to H9
    Spoiler
    Show
    While the token has the same effect as Glitterdust, I'm going to make a small change in that the save to avoid being blinded is a Fort save instead of Will, as it makes more sense considering the effect. DC 14 I believe.
    Fort: (1d20+4)[22]
    Last edited by CWater; 2016-10-08 at 11:35 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188

Griffon

The sticky feathers cover the cockatrice, causing it to actually look a little more like a normal chicken, though still an extremely ugly one. It shakes the worst of its face though and doesn't appear to be slowed. Screaming it runs towards Eglantine and tries to peck her.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+9)[13]
    Damage: (1d4-2)[2] minimum of 1.
    If hits, roll a Fort save against petrification.

The smith steps forward with a lance in hand. "Here, run through the back ma'am!" She gestures towards the other side of her tent. The old woman drags herself up and limps past the smith.

Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I- Alright", Darian agrees after some hesitation, "I don't know where father is, and our house is on fire!", he lets out a small laugh, as if he has trouble stomaching the situation, "But I remember where the Marchioness's city mansion is. But I still think this must be a misunderstanding. The mere thought is..." He continues to babble nervously as they head back towards the gate, more to himself than anyone else.

They are almost in the entrance hall, when they hear an angry shout: "You! Stop there!" Darian almost jumps and turns around, but it was not him the call was directed to. An obviously furious nobleman is approaching them, followed by two guards, his finger pointed at Rowan. "I remember you, thief! The nerve you have to come here, to steal more no doubt!!", he shouts with a voice full of vehemence, "Return my signet and the money you stole, immediately, and I'll only have you whipped!"

Spoiler: Axe
    Show
    It is Count Delawney, the nobleman Rowan met in the morning. If you recall, the man's horse had been hurt after he rode towards a carriage and Ky asked Rowan to heal it.

Rowan looks to either side before he finally processes that the Count is, in fact, referring to him. "Thief? Me? All I did was heal your horse! Ky said..."

He stops for a moment, connecting the dots. "But he can't have stolen from you either. He's trying to get his life back together!"

10. - Top - End - #190

The sticky feathers cover the cockatrice, causing it to actually look a little more like a normal chicken, though still an extremely ugly one. It shakes the worst of its face though and doesn't appear to be slowed. Screaming it runs towards Eglantine and tries to peck her.

Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage: (1d20+5)[15] minimum of 1.
    If hits, roll a Fort save against petrification.

The smith steps forward with a lance in hand. "Here, run through the back ma'am!" She gestures towards the other side of her tent. The old woman drags herself up and limps past the smith.

Show
    Eglantine let out a relieved breath as the smith helped the woman out the back of the tent. But the creature was still in front of her. Glancing at the smith she spoke quickly. "If this thing turns me to stone, please tell Vindal... and ask him to tell my brother."

She swung her axe down, eyes pinched shut in fear of the creatures retaliation. After her swing she quickly retreated out of pecking range.

Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[18]
    Crit: (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[7]

Using 1 inspiration point to give a bonus to dodge +4 AC, AC now 21

2/3 inspiration points

Move to E9, the bracers? One of the items she put on lets her avoid 1 AoO.
    Last edited by Athedia; 2016-10-09 at 11:45 AM.

11. - Top - End - #191

Aerin looks back and forth between them, narrowing her eyes with frustration. "Tell him where to find you, at the temple," she finally tells Rowan abruptly. "Your Lordship, we really have to talk to the Marchioness right now. Tell him, Darian. We'll sort out the young priest's apparent foolish trust in this friend of his, and you'll get your property back, but this is extremely urgent."

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Aerin looks back and forth between them, narrowing her eyes with frustration. "Tell him where to find you, at the temple," she finally tells Rowan abruptly. "Your Lordship, we really have to talk to the Marchioness right now. Tell him, Darian. We'll sort out the young priest's apparent foolish trust in this friend of his, and you'll get your property back, but this is extremely urgent."
    "Ah... she's right. I swear we can sort this out later, Your Lordship. You can find me in the temple of Illyrie, it's not hard to find, there's only the one. Look, I'll even give you my keys. Can't get in my house without them, so I'll have to come back!" Rowan fishes around in his pockets for a bit until he pulls out his key, and offers it to the Count.

13. - Top - End - #193

Griffon

Eglantine let out a relieved breath as the smith helped the woman out the back of the tent. But the creature was still in front of her. Glancing at the smith she spoke quickly. "If this thing turns me to stone, please tell Vindal... and ask him to tell my brother."

She swung her axe down, eyes pinched shut in fear of the creatures retaliation. After her swing she quickly retreated out of pecking range.

Show
    Attack: (1d20+11)[28]
    Crit: (1d4-2)[1]
    Damage: (1d20+6)[9]

Using 1 inspiration point to give a bonus to dodge +4 AC, AC now 21

2/3 inspiration points

Move to E9, the bracers? One of the items she put on lets her avoid 1 AoO.
    Eglantine slashes the cockatrice and retreats. The feathered creature is not scared off by the wound and charges after her.

Show
    Attack: (1d20+11)[28]
    Damage: (1d4-2)[1] minimum of 1
    If it hits, roll a Fort save against petrification.

"Will do!", the smith replies and takes a step back lifting the lance to attack the creature, but she is not accustomed to actually use such a weapon and only manages to swing wildly.

Show
    Attack: (1d20+6)[9]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[10]

Show

"Ah... she's right. I swear we can sort this out later, Your Lordship. You can find me in the temple of Illyrie, it's not hard to find, there's only the one. Look, I'll even give you my keys. Can't get in my house without them, so I'll have to come back!" Rowan fishes around in his pockets for a bit until he pulls out his key, and offers it to the Count.
    "Yes, what they said Your Lordship", Darian starts, "We are in quite a hurry-"

"Silence!", the older nobleman bellows, "Of course a thief would give excuses to try to escape! Crawl into some rat hole no doubt. Stand aside, lest you too become a suspect. Guards, seize him!" Delawney indicates towards Rowan and the two guards briskly step forward, their aim clearly to carry out the order.

Show
    No luck on the Diplomacy I'm afraid. So the question is, what do you do? Allow them to arrest Rowan? Fight? Run?

You are currently at a point where two corridors (3 squares wide) meet and you could make a dash towards the large hallway and the main entrance without having to move past the two guards, if you beat their initiative.

Note, in case it matters, these appear to be the Count's personal guards, not those that are employed in the castle. They currently pay no interest in Aerin or Darian, except to maybe shove them out of the way. No other people are visible right at this moment.
    Last edited by CWater; 2016-10-11 at 05:19 AM.

14. - Top - End - #194

Eglantine slashes the cockatrice and retreats. The feathered creature is not scared off by the wound and charges after her.

Show
    Attack: (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage: [roll1] minimum of 1
    If it hits, roll a Fort save against petrification.

"Will do!", the smith replies and takes a step back lifting the lance to attack the creature, but she is not accustomed to actually use such a weapon and only manages to swing wildly.

Show
    Attack: [roll2]
    Damage: [roll3]

Show

Spoiler: Fort Save
    Show
    Cunning Insight for +4 to save, 1/3 inspiration left

Fort Save: (1d20+7)[27]

Okay... yeah I think that made it. I will attack in a moment.

Question, if I step to F10 am I flanking?
    Last edited by Athedia; 2016-10-11 at 07:35 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195

The peck had hit her! Eglantine froze for a second waiting for her body to turn to stone. After she had gone for a second without petrifying she let out a breath of relief. She stepped to the side of the creature and swung again. But she was still shaken from her fear of being turned to stone.

Spoiler: attack
    Show
    Don't know if I get flanking so I will assume not

Stepping to F10 anyway.

Oh and forgot to adjust stats for the cloak of resistance. Did that now.

Attack: (1d20+5)[12]
    Crit: (1d20+5)[24]
    Damage: 1d8+2[/roll]
    Last edited by Athedia; 2016-10-11 at 09:40 AM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Rowan sighs and puts his key back in a pocket. "I guess we'll solve this now. Good luck, Aerin." He takes his hands out of his pockets and steps towards the guards. "This is all a misunderstanding, Your Lordship. Force won't be necessary, I'll come quietly."

17. - Top - End - #197

"Quite," Aerin says. "Lead on, Darian."
    Last edited by Kish; 2016-10-11 at 01:23 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198

Griffon

The peck had hit her! Eglantine froze for a second waiting for her body to turn to stone. After she had gone for a second without petrifying she let out a breath of relief. She stepped to the side of the creature and swung again. But she was still shaken from her fear of being turned to stone.

Spoiler: attack
    Show
    Don't know if I get flanking so I will assume not

Stepping to F10 anyway.

Oh and forgot to adjust stats for the cloak of resistance. Did that now.

Attack: [roll0]
    Crit: [roll1]
    Damage: 1d8+2[/roll]
    After it is struck a second time, the cockatrice thinks better of the attack and runs screaming in the other direction.

Show
    It Withdraws, but Eggy still gets an AoO. It is slower than her, do you want to give chase or let it go?

Show

Rowan sighs and puts his key back in a pocket. "I guess we'll solve this now. Good luck, Aerin." He takes his hands out of his pockets and steps towards the guards. "This is all a misunderstanding, Your Lordship. Force won't be necessary, I'll come quietly."
    This at least seems to please nobleman, and he nods and turns to return the way he came. The guards grab Rowan and escort him, not too kindly, after the count.

He is led into the deeper parts of the castle and to an office with rather spartan decorations. It has two large wooden desks, four chairs and a few bookcases to cover the walls. On the other side of the room is a smaller door. A middle-aged human man is standing near one of the shelves, studying a book. He looks up when the count barges in.

"Commander Alfhan!", Delawney exclaims upon seeing him, "Just the man I need, nevermind the Captain now." The Commander raises an eyebrow, but lowers his book. "Your Lordship", he replies with a simple nod.
    The count doesn't hesitate to continue. "We have here a thief!", he has the guards present Rowan, "Who has stolen from me, a signet and money, in broad daylight!"

"Just now?", Alfhan asks, "My lord."

"No, this morning. My horse ran into some peasants and I was forced to dismount. Wouldn't be surprised if it was all planned to rob me. You should find and arrest the driver of that carriage as well!"

"One thing at a time, my lord", the commander smiles thinly, "Now, does he have the stolen items on his person?"

"I... am not sure", the count admits, "Guards, search him!"

Show
    Giving Rowan a chance to respond before continuing.

"Quite," Aerin says. "Lead on, Darian."
    "R-right", Darian says and continues towards the entrance. "I hope he has no trouble sorting out that misunderstanding. Count Delawney can be quite... difficult at times. But he's not a bad person", he hurries to add.

They leave the castle and head towards Marchioness Delaqua's residence. There they have to go through the same old ceremonies of explaining who they are, who are they looking for and why, and no they are not here to assassinate anyone. After some more waiting, though less than what they endured in the castle, Aerin and Darian are led to the living room where the Marchioness will receive them.

She is an short elderly human with a wide face and broad shoulders that make her look a bit dwarvish. Darian exchanges some pleasantries and then quickly summarises what happened earlier today at the tourney grounds and outside Illyrie's temple. "... and so without ...Miss Thorn?", Darian is unsure of how to refer to the warrior politely, "and a couple of others, I'd be dead by now. Not that I understand why, though our city manor was also set on fire, I wonder if there was much damage, and I have no idea where father is! And..."

Delaqua listens patiently to the whole explanation, only nodding at times or shaking her head in disapproval. Only when Darian stops mid-sentence does she speak, "And? Is there more going on this mad day?"

"Well, that is... something we heard in the castle... but I don't think-"

19. - Top - End - #199

"We overheard the Minister of Defense talking with a faetouched elven woman Darian called the Duchess," Aerin says. "The Minister said the whole scheme was reckless. The Duchess said they would never get another opportunity like this. The Minister said it was still too early, and the Duchess said 'there is no safe moment to kill an emperor.' Then she ordered him to make the arrangements and said, 'It is time we set a new course for our nation.'"

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

This at least seems to please nobleman, and he nods and turns to return the way he came. The guards grab Rowan and escort him, not too kindly, after the count.

He is led into the deeper parts of the castle and to an office with rather spartan decorations. It has two large wooden desks, four chairs and a few bookcases to cover the walls. On the other side of the room is a smaller door. A middle-aged human man is standing near one of the shelves, studying a book. He looks up when the count barges in.

"Commander Alfhan!", Delawney exclaims upon seeing him, "Just the man I need, nevermind the Captain now." The Commander raises an eyebrow, but lowers his book. "Your Lordship", he replies with a simple nod.
    The count doesn't hesitate to continue. "We have here a thief!", he has the guards present Rowan, "Who has stolen from me, a signet and money, in broad daylight!"

"Just now?", Alfhan asks, "My lord."

"No, this morning. My horse ran into some peasants and I was forced to dismount. Wouldn't be surprised if it was all planned to rob me. You should find and arrest the driver of that carriage as well!"

"One thing at a time, my lord", the commander smiles thinly, "Now, does he have the stolen items on his person?"

"I... am not sure", the count admits, "Guards, search him!"

Show
    Giving Rowan a chance to respond before continuing.
    Rowan takes a deep breath and speaks as calmly as he can. "I already told you, I didn't steal anything, Your Lordship. All I did was heal your horse. If I stole something, wouldn't it make sense to run away?"

21. - Top - End - #201

Griffon

"We overheard the Minister of Defense talking with a faetouched elven woman Darian called the Duchess," Aerin says. "The Minister said the whole scheme was reckless. The Duchess said they would never get another opportunity like this. The Minister said it was still too early, and the Duchess said 'there is no safe moment to kill an emperor.' Then she ordered him to make the arrangements and said, 'It is time we set a new course for our nation.'"
    The Marchioness sits very still for a moment. "Is that so?", she finally says thoughtfully.

"Yes, but-", Delaqua lifts a finger to cut Darian off. She stands up and walks to the window.

"This is very grave news. I would love to call the idea ludicrous, and accuse you of slander, but I fear... I fear our Duchess has gotten some very foolish thoughts into her head. This plan surprises me only in how preposterous it is. Murder the emperor?! Does she wish this continent to go up in flames?" She turns and gives Aerin a long look. "You are... not from Springhaven, are you?"

Rowan takes a deep breath and speaks as calmly as he can. "I already told you, I didn't steal anything, Your Lordship. All I did was heal your horse. If I stole something, wouldn't it make sense to run away?"
    "Hah, thieves are cunning these days", Delawney replies, "They pretend to be helpful, but in truth stab you in the back!" The guards, naturally, find nothing incriminating on Rowan. "He must have already sold it forward, or maybe it is still in his house. I want it searched, immediately!" The last sentence is directed at the Commander.

"We are having a very busy day, Your Lordship", Alfhan replies, looking just slightly annoyed, "You may mistakenly believe I have the people for every task-"

"Bah! Inconsequential matters", the Count says dismissively, "The Tournament always creates some confusion. I want this handled today, or others will hear of it!"

The Commander manages a smile, though a very thin one. "Yes, Your Lordship. I'll find the men for it then."

"And I want this rascal locked up!"

"Right. What is your name and address?", Alfhan asks, turning to Rowan.
    Last edited by CWater; 2016-10-14 at 03:40 AM.

22. - Top - End - #202

"No, I'm not. I'm in town for the tournament."

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"And I want this rascal locked up!"

"Right. What is your name and address?", Alfhan asks, turning to Rowan.
    "I'm Rowan Mata, Sir. I live on Witches Track in Mistmoor, in Ms. Mallow's boarding house. I'm sure your guards already found the key." A thought strikes him, and he looks alarmed. "You... you'll put my sister'a things back when you're done, won't you? She'll have my head for this..."

24. - Top - End - #204

After it is struck a second time, the cockatrice thinks better of the attack and runs screaming in the other direction.

[SPOILER=OOC]It Withdraws, but Eggy still gets an AoO. It is slower than her, do you want to give chase or let it go?

Show
    Spoiler: AoO
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[8]
    Crit: (1d20+5)[19]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[4]

If this doesn't kill it then I want to charge as listed below.

Spoiler: Charge
    Show
    Charge to M9
    Attack:(1d20+7)[25]
    Crit: (1d20+7)[21]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[10]

As the cockatrice started to flee Eglantine brought the axe down again, and then gave chase. She might be terrified of being turned to stone but there was no way she would let that thing cause more panic in the city. Especially since it would drive off paying customers.

Spoiler: About Rowan/Eggy's room
    Show
    Don't know if this was mentioned but I can't remember which is which but one half is a mess the other half is tidy
    Last edited by Athedia; 2016-10-14 at 01:54 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205

Griffon

"No, I'm not. I'm in town for the tournament."
    The Marchioness nods. "And your recent actions show that you do not agree with the actions of these conspirators. In mad times like these, any trustworthy person is invaluable." She straightens her stance. "This plot must of course be stopped, the peace of the whole continent depends on it. But that cannot be done without more information. I shall make some inquiries and will contact you later if your loyalty to the realm does not end here. In the mean time", she continues forward like a noble who isn't expecting interruptions and turns to Darian, "it would be best if you kept a low profile for a while. Stayed out of sight, at least until your father can be located. Clearly someone wants to harm your family, and it might well have something to do with all this. I would offer to let you stay here, but I fear that might be unwise.."

"I'm Rowan Mata, Sir. I live on Witches Track in Mistmoor, in Ms. Mallow's boarding house. I'm sure your guards already found the key." A thought strikes him, and he looks alarmed. "You... you'll put my sister's things back when you're done, won't you? She'll have my head for this..."
    "Alright, I'll send someone over right away", Alfhan replies, making a point of bowing to the Count who looks pleases for the moment. "And I'm sure they soldiers will be as careful as they can", he says turning backt o Rowan, "And for now you must get acquainted with the cells. Someone will speak to you again after the house has been searched." He rings a bell by the wall, and a moment later a soldier in heavy armour steps into the room. "Captain? Oh, Commander-"

"Yes. We have a boy suspected of theft here, take him to the cells and lock him up, soldier."

"Yessir!"

"My guards-", the count interjects.

The commander sighs. "As my lord wishes. One of them can accompany them and make sure he doesn't escape."

Show
    Attack: (1d20+9)[12]
    Crit: (1d4-2)[-1]
    Damage: [roll2]

If this doesn't kill it then I want to charge as listed below.

Spoiler: Charge
    Show
    Charge to M9
    Attack:[roll3]
    Crit: [roll4]
    Damage: [roll5]

As the cockatrice started to flee Eglantine brought the axe down again, and then gave chase. She might be terrified of being turned to stone but there was no way she would let that thing cause more panic in the city. Especially since it would drive off paying customers.

Spoiler: About Rowan/Eggy's room
    Show
    Don't know if this was mentioned but I can't remember which is which but one half is a mess the other half is tidy
    Englantine's first swing misses, but the second is accurate and cuts the creature deep. Badly wounded, the cockatrice turns to peck at her one more time, before limping away.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+9)[12]
    Damage: (1d4-2)[-1] minimum of 1.
    If hits, fort save again.

In case she isn't turned to stone, Eggy gets an AoO as it moves away.

Show
    If Eggy doesn't slay the beast.

26. - Top - End - #206

"I don't know the goals of these conspirators--or the Emperor, for that matter--but I know enough about history to know that if I don't like rivers of blood, revolutions are 'no' by default." She looks at Darian. "Do you have any idea where you can go now?" she asks.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[COLOR="#000080"]
    "Yes. We have a boy suspected of theft here, take him to the cells and lock him up, soldier."

"Yessir!"

"My guards-", the count interjects.

The commander sighs. "As my lord wishes. One of them can accompany them and make sure he doesn't escape."
    Rowan smiles shakily. "Thank you for your expediency, Sirs. I'm sure this will all be cleared up soon."
    As he goes with the guards, Rowan complains under his breath. "I said I wouldn't try to escape."
    Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2016-10-19 at 07:12 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208

Englantine's first swing misses, but the second is accurate and cuts the creature deep. Badly wounded, the cockatrice turns to peck at her one more time, before limping away.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[21]
    Damage: (1d20+5)[11] minimum of 1.
    If hits, fort save again.

In case she isn't turned to stone, Eggy gets an AoO as it moves away.

Show
    If Eggy doesn't slay the beast.
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[21]
    Crit: (1d20+5)[11]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[10]

Eglantine swung down again as the cockatrice limped away. She felt a little bad about hurting the wounded creature. But this was no place for it, and it posed a danger to everyone. She chased it down again, not letting it get away.

Show
    Charging after it. Effective AC: 15

Attack: (1d20+7)[12]
    Crit: (1d20+7)[12]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[6]

29. - Top - End - #209

Griffon

"I don't know the goals of these conspirators--or the Emperor, for that matter--but I know enough about history to know that if I don't like rivers of blood, revolutions are 'no' by default." She looks at Darian. "Do you have any idea where you can go now?" she asks.
    "I... I'm not sure. At any other time I suppose I could find an inn, but during the tournament, it would be hard to find any that have room. I could ask one of my friends-"

"No", the Marchioness interrupts him, "We don't know which families are involved in this. And it is certain that some, if not most, are. Our Duchess is foolish, but not entirely insane. Perhaps your friends wouldn't wish you harm, but their families can't be trusted."

Rowan smiles shakily. "Thank you for your expediency, Sirs. I'm sure this will all be cleared up soon."
    As he goes with the guards, Rowan complains under his breath. "I said I wouldn't try to escape."
    Rowan is led to the lowest levels of the castle, because that is where the dungeons always are. His magical items are confiscated and put away with his crossbow. Then he is unceremoniously led to a cell, pushed in and the door is slammed shut.

There is a small wooden bench and a bucket in the corner, otherwise the small room is empty. Moss grows on the bare stone walls and the place smells of mold and earth.

Show
    Attack: [roll0]
    Crit: [roll1]
    Damage: [roll2]

Eglantine swung down again as the cockatrice limped away. She felt a little bad about hurting the wounded creature. But this was no place for it, and it posed a danger to everyone. She chased it down again, not letting it get away.

Show
    Charging after it. Effective AC: 15

Attack: [roll3]
    Crit: [roll4]
    Damage: [roll5]
    Eglantine brings the axe down with force and severs the cockatrice's neck. Its body drops down to the cobblestones, blood spilling to the street.

Spoiler
    Show
    Combat over! 700 XP for Eggy.

30. - Top - End - #210

Eglantine brings the axe down with force and severs the cockatrice's neck. Its body drops down to the cobblestones, blood spilling to the street.

Spoiler
    Show
    Combat over! 700 XP for Eggy.
    Eglantine dropped her axe, bracing on her knees as she panted. The adrenaline was leaving her body now. Looking in pity at the creature she went back to the stand for some cloth and wrapped the creature in it, careful not to touch it. As she did this she spoke to the smith, "Can you find someone to run to Illyria's temple? Tell them we have people who got turned to stone and if they think this is a joke say Rowan's sister has the creature responsible. I need to watch the store until Vindal shows up. I would ask someone else but I don't think I trust that coward to do a simple errand." With that she glared at the rival magic item stand across the way.

Taking the corpse back to the stand and retrieving her axe, she sat down to clean it and wait for Vindal's return.