New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Crap, they do some real damage that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenputtyknife View Post
    Can't see it happening. The evidence is that Sizemore manipulates crap; he does not create it (except in small quantities). He'd need a much bigger army and a lot of laxative to pull this off.
    Quote Originally Posted by martingale View Post
    There is a huge army right beneath them - what if Sizemore can manipulate enemy crap within some range? I'm not seriously expecting this, but I don't see how it could be ruled out, either. Though, there might only be enough crap available for selective crapflooding of certain tunnels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpewop View Post
    This is the funniest conversation that I've ever had to take seriously! Its feels really weird talking about crap in a sense thats strategic and meaningful. Now I remember why I love this comic!

Also, I don't think his ability to control crap will be used, personally. Its just a hunch though. I think they'll manage without it.
    I'd be very disappointed if they do. After all, there's Chekhov's golems here, and the whole foul matter has been foreshadowed as early as this strip. Why go to all the trouble if it ain't gonna hit the fan?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Freederick View Post
    I'd be very disappointed if they do. After all, there's Chekhov's golems here, and the whole foul matter has been foreshadowed as early as this strip. Why go to all the trouble if it ain't gonna hit the fan?
    Actually, forshadowed as early as this strip.
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draz74 View Post
    Actually, forshadowed as early as this strip.
    I disagree. What that reference was foreshadowing was that ugly scrape in the forest. The earliest mention of crap golems is here; then they are referenced several more times, and even get a page of their own. With that much preparation, I'd be surprised if we don't get to see some real crappy action soon.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Khanderas View Post
    Sizemore knows about crap. Perhaps that is why he is so down to earth... because he knows crap when he sees it.
    I remember something about "If life gives you crap, make crap golems." and the reply "I wish it was that simple". Implies that you cannot really make a decent crapgolem.
    "When life gives you crap, make Crap Golems, right?"
    "If only I could, sir. Believe I'd have a legion."
    Implies only that Bogroll is not a caster and thus cannot make Crap Golems.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "When life gives you crap, make Crap Golems, right?"
    "If only I could, sir. Believe I'd have a legion."
    Implies only that Bogroll is not a caster and thus cannot make Crap Golems.
    Hm. yeah, true.
    Crap golems Can be made obviously (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0094.html) but are problebly not that great a fighting force. Then again its almost all they got now.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

tongue Re: Crap, they do some real damage that way.

It sure looks like the crap golem chasing the marbits has crapped out. This sort of massive crushing damage is just the thing against amorphous uglies like that. It's still making noises, but I'm afraid that it's just a death rattle fart. A pity; I was so looking forward to seeing one in attack mode. Even the awesome coolness of the metal golems doesn't quite make up for that dissapointment (although it comes close ).