New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Random Banter D&D 3.5e Campaign IC, Thread II

Tass shouts out to the tower in a slightly cheery tone.

Spoiler: Sylvan
    Show
    Hello pixie! What are you up to?
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

The Courtyard

Alphonse
    The marquess reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out a scroll, which he lays on the table in front of you. As I'm sure you have heard, my family's history is... checkered? Odd? He scratches his chin, searching for the right word. Bizarre and eldritch? A long time ago, House Wren was famous for being a bunch of insane sorcerers and demonic cultists, complete with a creepy castle in a valley full of mist and all the trappings that come with it. Victor chuckles. Most of it is, more or less, true. I like to think we're not quite like that - maybe more eccentric than insane - these days. But, the job at hand is related to that ugly history, I'm afraid.

Let me give you some background first. Perhaps you've heard mention of a man by the name of Jonathan Wren? Farspeaker Wren, perhaps? His mother was Gillian Sarza, by the way - that's my relation to the Duchess. The giant man scratches his neck. Jonathan was an accomplished conjuror, a master summoner, an adept alchemist, and a horribly insane, twisted man. What works of his that he did manage to be publish have been banned at most schools of magic - which I'm sure he would have been quite proud of. Regardless, Jonathan had an extensive extradimensional library built into a closet at Rook's Peak. From time to time, we find things in there - and for that matter, from time to time, things escape. Most of them are harmless - if disturbing - but this- He unfurls the scroll. -this struck me as quite unusual.

Inscribed on the scroll in glowing blue ink? is a map - or, at least, what looks like a map. Some items are labeled in Cymran, and you recognize Senja and parts of the Black River Vale on the north side of side of the scroll. From there, it gets a little more confusing - depictions of great cities, castles, and even an ocean follow (in places where there should only be mountains), all labeled in the same runic cipher that was in Lord Orrin Kerr's papers, and in the book Bela took from Cassandra. It is mysterious, and part of me suspects it may just be another manifestation of Jonathan's insanity - but! Father Neirin took a peculiar interest in this place called The Well of Souls here. Wren points to a detailed drawing of a regular well of water near the entrance to the Black River Vale. And, sure enough, uncovering an old well in the woods revealed an underground complex of some kind - Sir Edgar, who actually entered the well, says the part closest to the surface was an alchemical lab - but there is definitely more. Some foul creatures have escaped, and eaten a few peasants, and some of my livestock. It's been quite inconvenient all around, and were I twenty years younger I'd take care of it myself, but between my arm, my wife, and my kids, I just can't justify taking that kind of risk anymore. Sir Edgar's too busy fighting bandits, and no one else in the family really seems interested in helping, so...

Do forgive my rambling. What I want you to do is seal the place up. Destroy whatever evil magic Jonathan had locked up in there, the works. Anything valuable you find down there, you can keep. I can't offer any gold - my money is unfortunately tied up in investments - but I can offer some enchanted relics and a sizeable plot of land. If there is one thing House Wren has in abundance - aside from children and cousins, perhaps - it is magic trinkets. Victor smiles. What say you, Mister Alphonse?

--
    Niro
    Oh no! Well, tell Lady Nerys I said hello, when she's feeling better. I hope she and Mister William find their way to Rook's Peak sometime. Oh, has she found a nice young lady for Mister William yet?

Mary looks back up at you, a glimmer of eager curiosity in her eyes. Aye, and stranger things have happened. How was your afterlife? I must confess, mine was not at all what I expected - though I was not there quite so long as four centuries. Did you enjoy your return to life? Do not look so surprised - I know warforged have souls!

--
    The Palace Gardens

Suddenly, the pixie becomes visible. It's still brandishing its crossbow, but seems less startled and more intrigued now. "Hello elfs! What am I up to? Talking to you!" He flies down to roughly your eye level, and looks at you with obvious fascination. "What are you up to? Spying on the fair folk? That isn't very nice!"

He floats a little closer, and lowers the crossbow.
    Show
    "Buuuuuuut, you speak the fairy tongue, flower elf! Maybe you're not so bad after all!"

"Why, I am talking to you because you were talking to me, other elf!" The pixie flashes you a cheshire grin, and snatches the cake from your hand. He floats up a bit, so that he's directly above your heads, and begins to eat the cake. Some crumbs fall on you when he looks down to talk. "Very tasty! Mm! But, now, I must ask you! How did you see me? I was very sneaky!"
    A few odds and ends.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Colossus in the Playground

Alphonse looks over the scroll to see if any of the locations matches up with the old mine they first found that ruby disc in. He'll then nod politely. "Of course, this sounds like a wonderful job. I thank you very much for bringing this to me...if it is what I suspect you may of done me a greater favor than any reward...though I'll be more than happy with some land and a magical trinket or two." he says, and he'll then reach for the scroll "Do you...mind if I hold onto this?"

------

Bela gives a sort of deadpan look at the fairy. "I was curious for what purpose you were oiling the door, small pixie. And for whom you did it."
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2016-06-23 at 02:19 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I shall pass your message along. And I'm afraid not. Soon, perhaps.

I don't quite know how to describe it. It was warm, and fuzzy, and grey? I don't sleep, but I imagine it was a similar feeling. It felt like mere minutes.
    Niro looks Mary in the eyes, You mean to say that you too have been dead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

The Courtyard

Alphonse
    Excellent! Well, favor or not, it is traditional to offer payment. The marquess drains his tankard of wine, and extends a hand to Alphonse. I know the Black River Vale is a ways out from here - but how soon do you think you could make it out there? Actually, wait. He reaches under his shirt and takes off a necklace made from rough black beads on a leather cord - a closer look reveals that the beads are carved into the shape of tiny flies. The necklace twitches as he sets it on the table in front of you. Take this to one of Mairah's temples. They can send you to the Vale the easy way - I won't have you riding for a week when you can be there in a day.

Victor pushes the scroll towards you. Go on and keep it, if you like. I had a copy made, so it won't be the end of the world if you manage to lose it.

Niro
    Fascinating! And yes, I have - twice now, as a matter of fact. The first time was quite pleasant, really. I had fallen off of a tree that I was climbing as a little girl, and hit my head on some rocks. A nice man in white picked me up, dusted me off, and we went for a long walk through the forest. I guess I only realized I was dead after we came out to the other side, so to speak. Ah, my afterlife was dark, but not in a bad way. Just dimly lit, and kind of relaxing. It was boring, though, and I missed my cat, so when I felt myself being pulled back I just went along. She snickers. Scared the hell out of my parents. I suppose I am quite lucky they could afford to raise me. No pun intended.

The second time I died was terrifying. Edgar and I were going home one night, and bandits attacked us. Now, he is not the sort of person who would put up with that - and neither am I, for that matter, so we fought them off - not too challenging, given what passes for bandits these days. One of them was actually skilled, though - a dark shadow of a man with a poisoned knife. I staggered around for a few seconds, then dropped like a stone. I do not know what happened next, but I woke up, and Edgar was gone - later he told me that he chased after the one who poisoned me, though he never caught him - and everyone else was dead. I could see my body through the haze, and there were the spirits of some of the bandits too. But... Mary looks down at her feet, obviously uncomfortable. The man in white - the guide - he never came. Some of the bandits, a guide came for them. I remember these two angry old women arguing over one of them. But most of us, we just faded away. I must not have taken very long - Edgar said he was only away for a few minutes - but it felt like I waited days before everything turned grey and there was no more to remember. And then I woke up on the altar with Father Neirin and Victor standing over me. I was so afraid that I would end up as a ghost. She looks back up and smiles, then shrugs. Which is silly, if you think about it. Ghosts can do all sorts of things we are not able to! It would be so much fun to fly and walk through walls and all of that! But I think I know why most of them are miserable - their spirit guide probably never came.

--
    The Palace Gardens

"Were you? And I am just the right size for a pixie! Not small at all." He grumbles. "...stupid giant elves..."

Finished with the cake now, the pixie flips upside-down and pouts. "Not faiiiiir! You didn't answer my question! You're not very good at this game, elf! You have to tell me how you saw me first!" He drifts down a little and taps Bela on the head. "Big heads, no brains! Whatever do you keep in there?"
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2016-06-26 at 03:47 AM.
    A few odds and ends.

6. - Top - End - #156

Alphonse rolls up the scroll and slides it into his cloak's pockets, as well as the necklace (though far more gingerly) "You're very welcome, Marquess. A question, if I may, before I leave to attend to some food. What happened to your hand?"

------

Bela sighs at realizing he forgot to actually mention how he saw the pixie. "Within my skull is countless arcane secrets, one of which allowed me to see you. I am a wizard." He says dryly, holding up a hand in a mock sort of gesture of magical fanciness, imitating Alphonse's behavior on the assumption that the pixie will find it amusing.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

The Courtyard

Oh, that? The marquess pulls his right glove off and rolls up his sleeve. The arm is withered and atrophied, and an ugly scar runs from above his elbow all the way down to his hand, which looks like it never quite healed from a very bad burn. In some places, the skin is gone, and desiccated muscle and bright white bone poke out - especially around his knuckles. Dragon attack. An old black that spat fire and acid ambushed us on the moors. The stuff ate right through my old shield; I'm lucky to even still have the arm. He gently touches the hand to his forehead. I suppose I could pay to have it regenerated, but I prefer to keep it this way. A reminder that even us wealthy, powerful men are still mortal.

--
    The Palace Gardens

"A wizard? No room for brains at all, then!" The pixie sticks out his tongue. "But the door! The oil is to keep the hinges from squeaking! Soooooomeone was complaining about squeaky doors yesterday - so! I am making them not squeaky!" He flips rightside-up again, and gives you a puzzled (and curious) look. "You like the doors to squeak, don't you? Don't worry! I will leave some alone, just for you!"
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2016-06-26 at 11:46 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Fascinating. I don't believe I've ever met someone raised twice. Niro takes notice of Mary's sudden change mood.

You seem like you could use a glass of wine. Shall we join up with your former partner? He seems to be socializing with one of my companions.

9. - Top - End - #159

"Aah. You're lucky to have lost just your hand. An honourable symbol indeed, if anything. A shame it interferes with your dancing, of course."
    Alphonse jokes. "It's not much, but I've a scar below my eye from some manner of shape shifter slashing at my face. It's less dramatic then yours, but the emotional connection is just as solid, I believe."

------

Bela ***** an eyebrow slightly. "Tell me, who is it that complained about some doors being squeaky? And which doors? Could you find the person who asked this of you and show them to me? I'll..." Bela thinks for a moment, and looking at the somewhat annoying and childish fairy, thinks of Alphonse. "I will summon a friendly orangutan to play with you if you do. That would be enjoyable, yes?

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Tass takes on a decidedly cheerful tone.

Show
    Of course I'm not bad, I am a flower elf after all.

Tass makes a small dancing spin so the lei jumps around her neck.

Show
    And of course we spy at you, aren't you the fair folk after all. My boring friend here can see through anything which is fun and pranks and japerisms, and what is invisibility if not a fun prank?

Tass winks.

Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

The Courtyard

Mary nods, then raises an eyebrow in surprise. Someone socializing with my husband? You folks must not be from around here after all, haha! Shall we?

Oh, of course. Victor's eyes wander over to the crowd of dancers - you see Niro and the small woman Victor was dancing with earlier walking over this way. Ah, it looks like Mary's bringing her new friend this way! Mary, this is Alphonse, son of Lord Lennox. Alphonse - this is the Honourable Lady Wren.

Do call me Mary. Pleased to meet you, Alphonse. Lady Mary looks at Victor and gestures to Niro. Victor; Niro. Niro; Marquess Victor Wren, the Second.

--
    The Palace Gardens

Show

"Hohoho! He is SO boring! But you seem fun! Saaaaay, do you want to play another game?"

The pixie sticks his tongue out. "Maybe your boring friend, he can play too!" He grabs a few red flowers out of thin air, and holds them out to you with both hands. "I want to give a gift to the host! But it has to be seeeecret! I don't want her to know it's there right away! So what I want you to do is to sneak a flower into her hair!" The pixie begins to spin slowly in the air, the pink flowers outstretched to you. "I could do it, easy peasy, but that'd be boring! Plus, you can keep a secret, right?" He plucks a white petal from one of the flowers, and sniffs it. "So pretty! I'm sure she'll love it! I'll answer any question you like afterwards, curious giant elfs! Will you play?"
    A few odds and ends.

12. - Top - End - #162

"Ah, to be truthfully honest I didn't realize you two were married! Congratulations." Alphonse says, trying not to sound too awkward. "It is a delight to see you, Honourable Lady Mary." He gives a deep bow.

------

"Of course, that is a thing we can do.
    " Bela say. He examines the flowers first though, trying to figure out what they are and what use this creature may have for them. Also, while he's at it, he'll use the knowledge he has in architecture and history to try and see if there's any really good, direct route to where the Prince might be that an assassin might use after convincing a fairy to grease the hinges.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge Nature: (1d20+15)[27]

Knowledge Arcane: (1d20+15)[21]

Knowledge History: (1d20+7)[26]

Knowledge...Architecture and Engineering (Bela is weeeeeird): (1d20+7)[19]

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Ah, Marquess! It is good to meet you. Niro bows courteously. I was hoping to run into you later. What a coincidence I was fortunate enough to dance with your lovely wife. I do not know how you keep up with her lively spirit.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

The Courtyard

Mostly with alcohol. Mary winks, then uncorks another bottle of wine and pours everyone a glass. And thank you, Alphonse! You should have come to the wedding! I do apologize - we are about sixteen years late on sending an invitation - but you should come by sometime!

Victor sips his wine, and reaches out to shake Niro's hand. You were looking for me? Have a seat! What can I help you with, Mister Niro?

--
    The Palace Gardens

The pixie's face lights up with excitement, and it promptly disappears with a snap of its fingers. You feel tiny hands ruffle your hair, and a voice calls out. "Yaaaay! Come find me here afterwards! I should still be here!"

The little yellow flowers sway gently in your hands. They're warm, and the slight heat from holding them is a pleasant contrast from the cold winter air surrounding you.

Spoiler: Bela
    Show

The flowers are unquestionably magical - or at least enchanted - but you've never encountered this variety of flower before. If they do something malicious, it isn't obvious just from holding them.
    --
    The door the pixie was oiling appears to go to an area of the palace predominantly used by servants and guards - they certainly won't find Prince Wuscfrea by going that way.
    A few odds and ends.

15. - Top - End - #165

"Of course, of course. I'd love to. In fact, I had a small little talk with your husband. When the party and our business here is clear, I think we will be paying you a visit. To deal with your...rat problem, as it where."
    Alphonse says.

------

Bela will cast Detect Magic on the flowers after taking them, and then ask Tass. "So what manner of plant life are these?"

While they walk around Bela's also going to make sure to cast Detect Magic basically wherever he can position the cone so it hits the most targets for him to read. He'll be looking at as many guests as possible, making sure to include the people Lord Edgar Wren was talking to, as well as the lord himself. He'll also try and catch the Prince and his mom, as well as Holtti in the cone.

Spoiler: Rolls and stuff.
    Show
    DETECT MAGIC SPELLCRAFT ROLL: (1d20+15)[23]

Also taking ten on the others since I forgot to roll and because Bela's just that badass, so it's a result of 25.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2016-06-30 at 03:04 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

The Courtyard

Excellent! I do so look forward to having you! Mary smiles. Do pardon my curiosity, but what is your business here? Or is that just a funny way of saying you are enjoying the party?

--
    The Banquet Hall

You make your way to the banquet hall - a giant, crowded room with tables covered in food and great barrels of wine, ale, and other spirits. Prince Wuscfrea is sharing a bottle of mead with some nobles - they don't notice you at all. Sir Edgar and Princess Jacinth are talking quietly in a corner - Edgar shushes the princess when he notices you concentrating on the two of them. She puts her mask back on (a traditional masquerade mask, encrusted with diamonds and gold), and walks your way. "Can I help you?"

Show

The flower registers a dim aura of conjuration - probably from when the pixie pulled it out of thin air. You don't notice any other auras on it, though.

--
    Nearly every guest has some faint or moderate aura of illusion on them - including yourself and Tass. You can easily identify dancing lights and continual flame spells lighting the palace and the gardens (which you don't really need detect magic for (I just forgot to mention them earlier) ).

You manage to catch Sir Edgar, Prince Wuscfrea, and Duchess Sarza (in two separate castings).
    Sir Edgar: Strong aura of abjuration on his armor. Faint aura of transmutation on his gauntlets. Faint aura of evocation on his morningstar. Faint aura of divination on his goggles.

Prince Wuscfrea: Moderate aura of illusion on all of his clothes. Faint aura of conjuration on his person.

Princess Jacinth: Faint aura of conjuration on her person. Faint aura of abjuration on her person.

Make six will saves. If you have any bonuses against illusions, they apply here.

Spoiler: Tass
    Show
    You have seen these flowers before - your teachers called them "fae blossoms".

Fae blossoms aren't plants at all - they're carnivorous animals that slowly leech blood, nutrients, and water from anything they happen to be in contact with. Holding one for an hour or two is usually enough to knock a person unconscious - during which time the blossoms grow and multiply. A single creature, left undisturbed, can consume an adult human in 48 hours, in the process budding dozens to hundreds of new flowers.

They burn under extended exposure to sunlight (or brief exposure to fire), usually withering and dying within an hour or two. The sun has already set, however, and you haven't seen a nonmagical flame in your entire time at the palace...
    A few odds and ends.

17. - Top - End - #167

"I'm here to enjoy the party, of course! And of course, if anything were to happen, I'd be here to lend a hand. Hopefully nothing will, but I'm always cautious. Don't let it ruin the mood, however." Alphonse says, which...is all true, technically. He doesn't specify that he suspects something MIGHT happen, but if they're being vigilant nothing will.

------

"Of course. I was curious why you were not wearing your mask. Also, I've noticed some magical oddities around the castle. It's not cause of concern, I would just like to know if you had your court wizards set up anything beyond the lights and fire." Bela asks, briskly but still trying to sound a little polite.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Before they head inside, Tass turns to Béla.

This is not a plant. It's a parasite, and it's bad news. Either someone wants to assassinate Jacinth too, or they want someone framed for what's about to happen.

Tass then sticks the "flower" into an empty pocket in her spell components pouch for safe storage until further notice.

The Banquet Hall

Do you know who is in charge of the guards around here?
    Last edited by Teddy; 2016-07-04 at 11:47 AM.

Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Ah. Well. Niro pauses for what seems like a week in an attempt to pick his words with care. However, remembering that the Marquess is a man of action, Niro puts it bluntly. I am trying to track down the dragon that killed me many years ago. Princess Jacinth told me you might be of some assistance.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

The Courtyard

Haha, you sound like Edgar! Well, except for the part about enjoying the party. Mary giggles, and takes another sip of wine. Goodness, I think this is going to my head! Victor, dear, will you finish my wine?

The marquess takes Lady Mary's glass and pours it into his tankard. Not a problem. He leans back and looks over at Niro. Well, she pointed you to the right person. I still keep tabs on most of the dragons around here - if we were back at Rook's Peak, I could consult my charts... but there will be time for that later. Do you know which dragon? And how long ago were you killed?

--
    The Banquet Hall

Princess Jacinth raises her mask a little and gives Bela a suspicious look. "I'm being a hostess - which sometimes requires me to break the masquerade." She puts it back over her face, and puts a finger to her lips in a thoughtful stance. "There is a great deal of magic around the castle - primarily for aesthetic effect - I hear there will be an illusion show later this evening, if that's something you're interested in."

"Yes, yes I do. Is there a problem?" The princess crosses her arms. "Actually, excuse me - do I know you two?"
    A few odds and ends.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

No you don't, but we're with the same group as Niro. I understand you spoke to him a pair of days ago.

We found a pixie flying around invisible and oiling the doors on the guards' tower. We wanted to warn the guards to stay alert that no one sneaks into the tower behind their backs. I understand you've already had someone attack the guard force, and whoever they were may try to get rid of those who remain.

He also tried to trick us into putting a parasite flower in your hair in exchange for telling us who he was working for. Said he could do it himself, but that it "would be boring".

Show

22. - Top - End - #172

"I would very much like some real fire so that we may burn it." Bela says, holding up a hand in caution.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2016-07-09 at 09:25 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

The Banquet Hall

As you explain about the pixie and the guards, a look of dread slowly settles on Jacinth's face. "We have fairies? Gods help us all." She flags down a nearby servant, and whispers to him, "Bring me the guard captain, and a tinderbox, if you can find one. These elves need real fire."

The servant runs off, and the princess turns back to you. "Well, I'm very glad you brought this to my attention - and I'll keep an eye out for things in my hair. And other people's too, I suppose."

--
    Some time passes, and eventually the servant comes running back with an armored woman in tow. "The captain is ill, Your Excellency - his second-in-command is in charge tonight." He hands the princess a tinderbox and bows.

The acting captain steps forward, and bows stiffly. "Dame Lilith Borgia. Is there a problem, Your Excellency?"

"Yes. These two elves have some security concerns to discuss with you. Trust them as much as you would any guard." The princess takes a step back. "If you don't mind, I'm going to go warn my son."

Once she leaves, Dame Borgia extends you a hand. After hearing your explanation, she nods wearily. "Fairies attacking the duchess and silencing the doors? Almost all the court magicians are either ill with the guards, or mostly spent from providing illumination for the ball tonight. I'll see what I can do. We only have three dozen guards tonight, though, and in an hour it'll be half that - as some have been working since early this morning." She sighs. "I'm sorry, did you have any recommendations for us, or just a warning to keep an eye out for fey?"
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2016-07-10 at 02:45 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Tass hands Béla the parasite to dispose of.

Yes, keep an eye on your doors as well. Everything seems to point toward someone planning an attack tonight, question is only when.

Show

25. - Top - End - #175

Bela takes great abandon (in comparision to his regular level of activity) in setting the flower on fire with the tinderbox. He'll also pay close attention to the Princess, wondering if she's being truthful or not.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive to see if she really intends to warn the Prince or if she has another motive in mind: (1d20-1)[17]
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2016-07-11 at 12:16 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

The Banquet Hall

Tass
    "Probably when the guard changes, and we drop to 18 men on watch, or shortly thereafter. You two seem pretty keen - I may come find you around then. Let me know if you notice anything else unusual in the meantime."

Bela
    The orange "flower" takes some effort to light, but once on fire, it burns readily. The petals swell with the heat and eventually crack, spitting out a viscous, crimson ooze that gives off a little trail of steam. The smell is sickly sweet - almost metallic - and it reminds you of the last time you bit your lip.

After another minute or so the flower finishes burning, leaving you with a mix of white and rust-coloured ash.

You pay close attention to the princess as she pulls Wuscfrea aside and whispers something to him. While you can't hear what she's saying, she looks worried.

Show

You don't pick up on any ill intent from Jacinth. She seems sincere.
    A few odds and ends.

27. - Top - End - #177

Bela will bottle the ash in a vial for later. "Yes, of course we will. Let us hope things go smoothly for the remainder. Speaking of...I have been seeing a lot of ghosts around. Is this normal?"

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Tass breaks off to catch up with Wuscfrea.

Ah, excuse me. I'm sorry for interrupting the mood, but there's a lot of fear for your safety tonight, and since we don't want a repetition of what happened to Brynne, I must ask if you have any special protection against poisons tonight?

Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    The marquess takes Lady Mary's glass and pours it into his tankard. Not a problem. He leans back and looks over at Niro. Well, she pointed you to the right person. I still keep tabs on most of the dragons around here - if we were back at Rook's Peak, I could consult my charts... but there will be time for that later. Do you know which dragon? And how long ago were you killed?
    Around 400 years ago. I was able to consult with Ulhar at the Red Sea Guildhouse a couple of nights back, and I have narrowed the window down to Techrytryx Avrae, Pyo the Berserker, and Diacaedr Moonbeam. Do you know of them?
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2016-07-17 at 11:55 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

The Banquet Hall

Bela
    "Yeah, there are always a couple here and there. Most aren't much for conversation, though." Lilith smirks. "We guards are just here to keep people from making more. None of them are causing any trouble, are they?"

Tass
    Prince Wuscfrea looks incredulously at his mother, then at you. "What in Vermiculus' name is going on?" He pulls back his cloak, revealing two small vials of clear liquid. "Of course - I have anti-toxin with me wherever I go." The prince uncorks another bottle of mead, then raises an eyebrow suspiciously. "Is there something specific you're worried about, or are you just badgering me?"

--
    The Courtyard

Oh, you spoke with Ulhar? He's an... interesting... person - but he knows what he is talking about. I doubt he knows much of Pyo's whereabouts, though - but I do. Scattered sightings from a year or two ago put him in the mountains north of Senja - I also suspect he has a proper lair somewhere around there. The marquess grumbles. A little too close for my own comfort, but I can't go dragon-slaying anymore - and Pyo has earned a reputation among us monster hunters that keeps most of the sensible ones away. The less sensible ones... He chuckles darkly. I'm sure Pyo finds them quite tasty. The survivors tell stories of all kinds, but it is hard to separate truth from fancy - I have a few guesses as to his abilities, but my drunken prattling will do you less good than my charts and the eyewitness accounts.
    A few odds and ends.