New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: Crush'd

1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Crush'd

Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Viper View Post
    Usually, I don't do the whole internet crush or dating or whatever, but I think I'm developing a slight crush on someone in the playground. However, I think at the moment they might take it as a sympathy crush, so I'm going to let it simmer for a bit.
    /me gets jealous of whoever that may be

*runs away back to think about RL dating candidate*

*pleasantly affected by the image of aforementioned boots, needs no wiki to learn about those unmentionable kinds of things*
    Last edited by FdL; 2007-07-12 at 01:49 PM.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    <.<
    >.>
    They're good for beating people with

great, another excuse to wander with care on this threads...
    Usually, I don't do the whole internet crush or dating or whatever, but I think I'm developing a slight crush on someone in the playground. However, I think at the moment they might take it as a sympathy crush, so I'm going to let it simmer for a bit.
    *is curious, but decides to go for an indirect approach*
    Last edited by Madmal; 2007-07-12 at 02:11 PM.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

3. - Top - End - #483
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ohh ooh pick me pick me! OK I know it's not me, so much for pretending but I'm certain that your crush will be reciprocated. You're a very beautiful woman with an outgoing attitude, you're a gamer, an one heck of a creative side! So yah, I'm sure you will fare well with that.
    [/totally unsolicited but truly deserved complimenting]
    Quote Originally Posted by McMindflayer View Post
    Of course, this still doesn't answer the question... "How does it POOP?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFurith View Post
    I roll a swim check on the street. Why not, right? Through a series of rolls I rob a bunch of people of 75g. I didn't actually notice their existence but I swam over there and did it anyway because this guy couldn't make sense if he tried.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

The Fairy Modmother: This thread is for talking about crushes in the playground, random banter is for everything else.
    Founding member of the Kaylee club. If your relationship with your batteries has been going on for almost a year now, you can join too! Strawberries and Big City Doctors for all!

5. - Top - End - #485
    Dwarf in the Playground

*With utmost respect*

How were they bantering? They were talking, unless I'm mistaken, about Avenging Viper's crush or about crushes in general.
    XF: Operating on 95% insanity since 1337 B.C. Because every event needs an insane werewolf noble.

Blissfully proud owner of a Ceikatar!

Undead Wannabee and Poster-Boy for the Fanclub

6. - Top - End - #486
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    *With utmost respect*

How were they bantering? They were talking, unless I'm mistaken, about Avenging Viper's crush or about crushes in general.
    The last 4 pages have been entirely random banter, laced with the smallest amount of crush.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

7. - Top - End - #487
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh okay, it's just she said that right as they were talking about someone's crush, so I got confused. I didn't realize she was talking about the recent pages, and not just this particular portion.
    XF: Operating on 95% insanity since 1337 B.C. Because every event needs an insane werewolf noble.

8. - Top - End - #488

For those who missed my divorce comment a few pages back, my crush and I are talking, although there's the fair understanding that nothing will come of it.

Meanwhile, I shared my theory on relationships. They should start with a messy divorce, move on to a troubled marriage that slowly improves as the years go on. Eventually, we'll be happily married, and then engaged, and dating like a pair of love-starved kids. Save the best for last kinda thing.

This fits right in with my theory of never teaching a child about gravity. Ignorance of the law and all that, the child should be able to fly!

*sigh*

Well, at least she and I are becoming friends. She has a perfectly reasonable explanation that she can't get a proper feel for people on the internet, which keeps online crushes/romances out of her life.

The reason I don't reveal her identity is because I know, despite a pleasant warning from me, she would be slammed with PMs saying, "Awww...Come on. Bor's a great guy." Great or not, she deserves kindness and respect, which she will get from me. But I cannot speak for others, so I remain silent on her identity.

Besides...If the worst I got out of the deal was a new friend, I still made out pretty well.
    "Goodnight, Rosebud."

Thanks to Lord Herman for the avatar!

Those who wish access to my blog should reach out to me on FB.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Dwarf in the Playground

Congratulations Bor, it's good to see it turned out well and you're taking it the right way. She seems like she is a nice person, and I'm sure if you like her, she probably is of the highest quality.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

Damn, you people all cause my curiousity to hate itself and then I end up typing sentences that make little sense. Like that one.
    Last edited by Calamity; 2007-07-12 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Darn typos. I will have my revenge on typos... one day... ONE DAY!!!

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

11. - Top - End - #491

Thigh high boots are totally crushable.

Sorry, but I can't think of any other crushes right now.
    (^")^ ¬<("v)

KIRBY SEZ DIS IZ A RAED

Spoiler
    Show

EeYarrrrr the one-eyed pirate donkey by drKarling.

Sig'd EeYarrrr the one-eyed pirate donkey by Magioth.

Spoiler'd EeYarrrr the one-eyed pirate learner donkey by Sean92k.

If you've read this far, I guess that you just lost the game.

12. - Top - End - #492

Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Just as a matter of curiosity, how old are you both ZRS and Ego? I won't pry if you don't want me to. You both seem like very cool people, and although I happen to see more of ZRS' posts, I wish the best for you both.
    My age can easily be seen in my profile. It's her business if she wants to tell you hers.

As I said, I don't really want any comments on the issue, or any other issue for that matter.

Thanks, though.
    Last edited by ZombieRockStar; 2007-07-12 at 06:02 PM.
    Remember when I had an avatar?

13. - Top - End - #493

For the record, I'd happily accept affection via sympathy. This either makes me fickle, easy, or lonely.
    "Goodnight, Rosebud."

Thanks to Lord Herman for the avatar!

Those who wish access to my blog should reach out to me on FB.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieRockStar View Post
    My age can easily be seen in my profile. It's her business if she wants to tell you hers.

As I said, I don't really want any comments on the issue, or any other issue for that matter.

Thanks, though.
    Fair enough. I wasn't planning on commenting on it. I'm really used to huge age gaps in relationships, so a small one like yours is no big deal. I won't touch the subject again.

Bor: I think it's probably a mix of all of them. However, I don't see anything wrong with most of those, as long as the relationship doesn't stay there. To quote this sitcom called "Still Standing"...

"You know what a pity kiss can lead to...(taps husband on chest)...pity marriage (both at once)."

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggy View Post
    Thigh high boots are totally crushable.
    I prefer the look of thigh high stockings but yeah, definitely. I'm too vulnerable to a woman wearing either (shhhh..,don't let anyone know this weakness of mine)

*thinks if there's other cool thigh-high things that can be brought to the off-topic*
    *is starting to abuse the "*" thing*

I should confess that I have a new crush:

SDF's Rickenbacker 360 guitar.
    I want to make out with her.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chiX0r View Post
    The Crush thread seems to have died down. I guess everyone has either sucked up and admitted it already or been crushed...

I have a crush on zeratul.
    How did I miss that? Well thanks ChiX0r but unfortunately I'm working on something with someone of the com at the moment.
    Alexi Laiho Avatar by Mr._Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Sephiroth and Arthuai
    [CENTER]Sepiroth avatars by Ink
    Arthuai by Mr_Saturn
    Alexi Laiho by Mr_Saturn

I have a metal blog thing now, check it out

Quote Originally Posted by D'anna Biers View Post
    MOTHER NATURE IS LIKE A REAL MOTHER. IN THAT SHE SECRETELY HATES YOU AND NEVER LETS YOU GO OUT WITH YOUR HOODLUM FRIENDS.
    You can't kill the metal, metal will live on! \m/

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zeratul View Post
    How did I miss that?
    This is a good thread to read using the "select all" option in your browser :p Well, at least in case you feel you're eligible...

18. - Top - End - #498
    Banned

Well, congrats on the budding relationship, zeratul. I'll continue to consider you cute from afar.

19. - Top - End - #499

I would admit to having new crushes, but doing so would come with a strange realization of a personal truth.
    Spoiler
    Show

Veeratar© Enhanced
    MTI Avatar by Ceika. Now get on your face!
    Professor AngelSword by FDL. Fascinating!
    Berith AngelSword by Ceika.

Wicked Savior
    Exile
    Heart of Gold

Castles & Chemo - Granting a +4 to Saves vs. Cancer!

20. - Top - End - #500

I'm intrigued. Have you just realised that you swing the other way or something?

[small size]Er..... if that IS the case, then I apologise for being flippant about it.[/small size]

21. - Top - End - #501

SwashbucklerGuy

*grumble*

You just had to leave that teaser hanging out there, didn't you? Sympathy crush, my eye. Methinks this sneaky serpent just enjoys stringing us along.
    Asymmetrically shod ass-kicker of the fan club

Nice Guys: Read this.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."

-Mark Twain

"Courage is not merely one of the virtues; rather, it is the form of every virtue at its testing point."

-C.S. Lewis

22. - Top - End - #502

(To whom it may concern)
    Dearest lady-types in the playground;
    You're cute. I say this not merely in the interest of preserving my hide, as detrimental comments to ladies usually result in claw-related injuries; I say this because it's true.
    Were I of a gypsy tribe, or sworn to some forgotten deity, or otherwise of a sort whose word of honor is unimpeachable, I'd leave it at that. But, being that I'm of a notoriously dishonest bloodline of liars, cheats, ragamuffins and all-around nogoodniks of ill repute, I simply can't.
    To that end, then, a small demonstration of truth- the fact that, whensoever I happen to log in to these forums, and see that- lo! a new post has been promulgated in the You thread of the moment, my heart flutters like a thousand molting moths- the hair on the back of my neck stands to attention like a dedicated re-enactor, more enthused for war than any soldier could be, and I feel...lighter, softer-hearted, better than I know myself to be. It's not easy for someone with little faith in anything-at-all to have faith in the goodness of mankind, but beauty- as has often been observed- is an easy thing to have some degree of faith in. It's nice to be given faith. It's nicer still to be made to feel more depth-of-heart than is usual, to feel kinder, smarter, stronger, because beauty and grace are in the world.

Some of you have made me smile by smiling- or made me nervous thereby, soft and sweet and quietly charming.
    Some of you have made me think the most perfectly appealing thoughts about what certain curves and pleasing plumpnesses would be like to curl up against, some long and lonely south-bound night.
    Some of you have made me wonder what it might be like to brush hair back, gently, from piercing, warm eyes.
    Some of you have made me consider- in depth- what a vigorous ravishment at the hands of a nordic sort of Valkyrie might be like.
    Some of you have almost made me consider Canada, in a more-than-humorous sense.

And, most recently, some one of you has stirred my old cold heart with sensual imaginings; skin under ink, small hands enfolded, the clink of glasses meeting accidentally at the height of an embrace- a kiss.

It's not really so very easy and lovely as I might now make it seem, being so taken so completely; hearts are fragile things, and if yours is light enough to catch the passing breeze of fancy, but heavy enough to be pulled into the heady tides of deeper passion...you are not a fortunate individual (and I am not a fortunate individual).
    But can I truly regret one single moment of love or infatuation, or even lust?
    No, not a one.

Thank you, girls in the playground. Because you're beautiful, and you make me want to write again, and sing again, and be, still. There aren't many good things in this world we can see every day, and finding one- or rather, many- is a blessing beyond compare.

Yours in utmost sincerity,
    -Salusvarien 'Shiny' var Melusenthe

p.s.
    To HellPuppi in particular:
    Rounded with arms, and flowing swifter,
    And soft embraces now are known,
    All cares and troubles now are ceased here,
    Rounded with arms- and flowing swifter,
    Passion's strangeness, outlaid feast here,
    And true enticements not yet flown,
    Rounded with arms; and flowing, swifter,
    And soft embraces now are known.

I'm awful at Triolets, but they're sort, so on short notice...>.<;
    Do forgive me, I'll post a better one soon. A sonnet or a sestina or something.
    Last edited by Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick; 2007-07-13 at 09:25 PM.

23. - Top - End - #503

I can't believe I'm admitting this here, but I think I'm developing a crush on someone in real life. Unfortunately, I know she has no interest in dating right now. Also, in a month and a half I'll be leaving for two years, so a relationship might not be a good idea right now. But of course, my emotions don't ever want to listen to reason like they should.

24. - Top - End - #504

Why thank you, Shiny! I dare say this is the first time anyone has ever addressed poetry to me (IRL or out!). I'm sure some of the other girls will appreciate your kind words as well.
    I still want your giant lollypop....no not that one, the one made of candy.

Getting horribly flattered seems to have turned my speech into that of a southern belle...

25. - Top - End - #505

Quote Originally Posted by HellPuppi View Post
    Why thank you, Shiny! I dare say this is the first time anyone has ever addressed poetry to me (IRL or out!). I'm sure some of the other girls will appreciate your kind words as well.
    I still want your giant lollypop....no not that one, the one made of candy.

Getting horribly flattered seems to have turned my speech into that of a southern belle...
    I do declare, miss daisy! So it has. Tis' rather nifty, though. (I'm from the distinctly dirty south U.S. meself, though fortunately I'm more urban than rural).

And everyone should get horribly flattered every once in a while.

You're very welcome- and I do hope you realize, it isn't just flattery...
    I...actually do think you're lovely and crushable, and I'd like to get to know you better, loathe as I may be to admit emotional vulnerabilities of that sort.

And if you're going to keep encouraging me, count on more poetry, and maybe a custom-made serenade. :3

26. - Top - End - #506
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wow Shiny, I envy you. While I have your heart, I don't seem to have your voice or your words. I wish half the time I could say stuff like that to someone who I liked and not be thinking "Man, this must sound really corny to her" only to have my suspicions confirmed moments later.

Congratulations, you seem to have mastered poetic prose. Thanks for inspiring my heart learn the same.

Note: This is all purely platonic. I realize I'm using a lot of "gushy" words and stuff, but I do like girls. Don't feel uncomfortable or question my uber-hetero-ness.

27. - Top - End - #507

I'm rather flattered nonetheless. May I preen?

And honestly, you can't worry that you'll sound corny- you will. The important thing is meaning it enough that you don't have to worry what it sounds like.

Also, potential darn. I do so enjoy questioning hetero-ness. Though I suppose you aren't my type regardless....

28. - Top - End - #508

really?, i believe you two could make such a nice couple...
    what? i think it has already been infered that i like to mess with people's minds....:p
    Last edited by Madmal; 2007-07-13 at 10:36 PM.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

29. - Top - End - #509
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malmagor Andrigal View Post
    really?, i believe you two could make such a nice couple...
    what? i think it has already been infered that i like to mess with people's minds....:p
    Thanks Mal, but I'm afraid I removed my mind a while ago when I first tried to achieve lich-dom.

Thanks for the advice, O Bearer of the Pokystick. I'm afraid I currently (alas!) have no one to care for. I could, I think, if I wanted to, but I leave for college on August 13th and any relationship would be short-lived or long-distance. I am willing to do neither after my last relationship. (Long distance; she didn't trust me being around other girl..."s" excluded on purpose...while she was far away.) Perhaps this shouldn't be here in the crushes thread though. I'll remember the advice for the future.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks Shiny...:) I'm sure your attentions have lightened more than one ladies day. ;)

Cheers,
    Syka
    Show me how pretty the world is
    'Cause I envy the way that you move
    'Cause I want something a little bit louder
    'Cause you're brilliant when you try
    Show me how pretty the whole world is tonight
    -Matt Nathanson "Pretty the World"

Various Syka-Foxes done by the wonderful Ceika