New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast

Thread: Crush'd

1. - Top - End - #661
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Crush'd

Damn it, I just can't seem to stop acquiring crushes.
    Spoiler
    Show

Veeratar© Enhanced
    MTI Avatar by Ceika. Now get on your face!
    Professor AngelSword by FDL. Fascinating!
    Berith AngelSword by Ceika.

Wicked Savior
    Exile
    Heart of Gold

Castles & Chemo - Granting a +4 to Saves vs. Cancer!

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword View Post
    Damn it, I just can't seem to stop acquiring crushes.
    Do people keep sending you crushes or do you keep finding new people to crush on?

I have a

3. - Top - End - #663
    Bugbear in the Playground

You do know "I have a" is not actually a sentence?

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D'anna Biers View Post
    You do know "I have a" is not actually a sentence?
    I had completely forgotten, but thank you for reminding me D'ana person.

A sentence unfinished is like a story, how will this one end?

5. - Top - End - #665

You've called me D'anne, D'ana, and probably even D'ebiers. But you always call me X person. Why not biers? Why not just X? The story unfinished in the authors mind is a poor story indeed, my friend, and deserves closure. Make it so, and the world shall smile all the readier for it!

What the hell is wrong with me now. THANKS SAITHIS. GOOD GOD. I sound like a hippy.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Banned

As Steven King will say, repeatedly, it's not the destination, but the journey. A story half finished is a journey half started.
    Last edited by Rex Idiotarum; 2007-07-28 at 09:44 PM.

7. - Top - End - #667

You can't half start a journey, really. Half a step is still a step. It's more a journey half finished.
    And besides, Stephen King's most frightening character was a clown.

8. - Top - End - #668

I think that's more a statement of achievement...I mean a clown? And it was a damn scary clown at that.

9. - Top - End - #669

SwashbucklerGuy

Let's see...

GF 1 (kind of): Let me take her on dates, and kissed me back when I kissed her, then told me how excited she was that she was going to see her BF tomorrow. Yeah.

GF 2: Dumped me when I told her I wouldn't have sex before marriage, then became a lesbian.

GF 3: Dated her for 3 weeks. She thought we were moving too fast and broke up with me. Why? Because I made her a sandwich for lunch. "It felt like we were an old married couple when you did that, and I'm not ready for that." Right.

GF 4: This one is the real doozy. Got set up with her on a blind date, and we hit it off. Kind of a long-distance relationship, but we saw each other on the weekends. She broke up with me because "With my college workload, I don't really have the time to be in a relationship with anyone right now." A week later, I found out she was skipping classes to bone her new beau.

Bitter? Not me. Just... sobered. Crushes don't come quite as easily as they once did.
    Asymmetrically shod ass-kicker of the fan club

Nice Guys: Read this.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."

-Mark Twain

"Courage is not merely one of the virtues; rather, it is the form of every virtue at its testing point."

-C.S. Lewis

10. - Top - End - #670

Quote Originally Posted by Gitman00 View Post
    Bitter? Not me. Just... sobered. Crushes don't come quite as easily as they once did.
    Aye, I could write a book. Still I guess the ones thing is it makes you appreciate a good person more, having to wade through things like that.
    Then again I'm an optimist.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

I suppose I could end the sentence with, "crush," but that story is predictable and screams sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by HellPuppi View Post
    Aye, I could write a book. Still I guess the ones thing is it makes you appreciate a good person more, having to wade through things like that.
    I love being an optimist ^_^ I suppose I could say I've had some less than ideal dates, but not a lot or real bad experiences so I suppose I can't complain. I do have a friend who's two ex girlfriends ended up becoming lesbians and dating eachother.
    Last edited by SDF; 2007-07-28 at 09:57 PM.

12. - Top - End - #672

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HellPuppi View Post
    True indeed. Such things build character. The secret to happiness: Have no expectations. That way, you'll constantly be pleasantly surprised!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

-Mark Twain

"Courage is not merely one of the virtues; rather, it is the form of every virtue at its testing point."

-C.S. Lewis

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

True indeed. Such things build character. The secret to happiness: Have no expectations. That way, you'll constantly be pleasantly surprised!
    but then you will never be as happy as you could be when you find what you want, and you wont settle for who you need/deserve.

14. - Top - End - #674

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SDF View Post
    but then you will never be as happy as you could be when you find what you want, and you wont settle for who you need/deserve.
    Ah, but knowing what you want is not the same as expecting to get it. If you keep expecting something better to come along, you'll never be happy with what you have, and you'll live in a state of constant disappointment when your expectations are not met.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

-Mark Twain

-C.S. Lewis

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ogre in the Playground

GF 3: Dated her for 3 weeks. She thought we were moving too fast and broke up with me. Why? Because I made her a sandwich for lunch. "It felt like we were an old married couple when you did that, and I'm not ready for that." Right.
    This may seem just crazy, but there are people like that. The worst thing is that they twist the situation and take all their insecurities and crap and make you feel like you're the one to blame.

In my country there's a saying that applies here. Translated it would be "There are people who are better to lose than to find". Or something like that.
    Clearly most of these girls you mention fall into that category. I know 'cause I've had my share too.

GF 4: This one is the real doozy. Got set up with her on a blind date, and we hit it off. Kind of a long-distance relationship, but we saw each other on the weekends. She broke up with me because "With my college workload, I don't really have the time to be in a relationship with anyone right now." A week later, I found out she was skipping classes to bone her new beau.
    Well..Let's see. Lately I've been reading a book about breakups, on how to act when you break up with your girlfriend (specifically girlfriends because it's written for guys who were dumped). It's written in a lighthearted style, with lots of humour, but I bought it because it has plenty of good advices. When I found about it, I felt like it was talking about me, it was scarily accurate like that :S And it helped me a lot, because it's all about self-assurance and self-esteem, which the author describes as what you need both to either eventually get her back or get over her.

Well, the guy who writes it has some theories of his own, some of which are hard to argue with. One of them says that when a woman breaks up with her boyfriend, the reason is always that she has another guy.
    No matter if they say that they "need time alone", are "confused", or similar excuses.
    The last anecdote you post is just another piece of evidence that supports this theory.

For those who read spanish, check out www.exnovia.com.ar

Also if any guy has been dumped and needs to talk about it, you can PM me.

16. - Top - End - #676

Let's see...

GF 1 (kind of): Let me take her on dates, and kissed me back when I kissed her, then told me how excited she was that she was going to see her BF tomorrow. Yeah.
    I haven't been in that particular situation, but I have been in
    GF 2: Dumped me when I told her I wouldn't have sex before marriage, then became a lesbian.
    Oddly enough, I was in a situation almost identical to this. Before we dated, she told me about her exploits with her then boyfriend (including a story about facial stitching and her boyfriend's aggravation). Then she broke up with him and started showing interest in me, but when I tried to put the moves on her, she mentioned how she had found religion.

Recently, I found out she's now into women.
    >_> Well, sandwiches are what married people eat.

This last one is just too hauntingly familiar. My most recent ex broke up with me, citing psychiatrist advice (since she hadn't been single for more than a month since starting to date). A month later, I find out she's with the guy everyone thought she was cheating on me with.
    Being wary is one thing, but if there's anything I've learned, it's that surprises in love are everywhere.

::Realizes that this isn't the Relationship thread::

Ahem.

::gets back to crushing::
    Spoiler
    Show

Veeratar© Enhanced
    MTI Avatar by Ceika. Now get on your face!
    Professor AngelSword by FDL. Fascinating!
    Berith AngelSword by Ceika.

Wicked Savior
    Exile
    Heart of Gold

Castles & Chemo - Granting a +4 to Saves vs. Cancer!

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

Errr....not entirely true. I just broke up with the guy I was dating. Definitely don't have another guy. Yes, there are some crappy girls out there that I'm sure have another pony waiting in the barn, if not saddled...But for pete's sake, we're not all like that.

Just like, despite me having been cheated on twice already (keep in mind, that is twice out of two relationships), I don't think all guys will cheat and/or lie to me. And trust me, with my experiences with guys, not just those relationships, but with friends and family members, I have PLENTY of reason to think otherwise.

Cheers,
    Syka
    Show me how pretty the world is
    'Cause I envy the way that you move
    'Cause I want something a little bit louder
    'Cause you're brilliant when you try
    Show me how pretty the whole world is tonight
    -Matt Nathanson "Pretty the World"

Various Syka-Foxes done by the wonderful Ceika

18. - Top - End - #678

SwashbucklerGuy

*kicks himself for messing with this thread's lighthearted goodness*

Um, so yeah. I have a huge crush on...

Last edited by Gitman00; 2007-07-28 at 10:56 PM.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

-Mark Twain

-C.S. Lewis

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

The person who wrote that and has had people break up with them because they found someone else is probably always dating the same type of person. I don't think I would be too upset with a girl if she broke up with me for someone else as long as she didn't lie to me about it. It's just part of dating.

Ah, but knowing what you want is not the same as expecting to get it. If you keep expecting something better to come along, you'll never be happy with what you have, and you'll live in a state of constant disappointment when your expectations are not met.
    Well I think that gets to the whole core of optimism/pessimism. I can be happy with what I have, and I wont be looking for someone else if I find someone I like, because I will already be happy.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Banned

The glass is Only Half Full.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword View Post
    ::Realizes that this isn't the Relationship thread::
    Ouch! I didn't know, I swear I thought this was posted in Relationships! I apologize.

To relevant mod: Should/can we move the post/s? :s

Quote Originally Posted by Syka View Post
    Errr....not entirely true. I just broke up with the guy I was dating. Definitely don't have another guy. Yes, there are some crappy girls out there that I'm sure have another pony waiting in the barn, if not saddled...But for pete's sake, we're not all like that.
    I know, I know :( You're a good person. Please take no offense. I think it doesn't relate to your situation, though, for the little I know of it.
    But well, either there's a lot of crappy girls out there or it's actually common, because I keep hearing this all the time.

Just like, despite me having been cheated on twice already (keep in mind, that is twice out of two relationships), I don't think all guys will cheat and/or lie to me. And trust me, with my experiences with guys, not just those relationships, but with friends and family members, I have PLENTY of reason to think otherwise.
    No, in no way do I think that all women are cheaters either. I only have the notion that it's often one of the real causes that is hidden behind excuses as those quoted.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not so sure about this, but I'll put the rest of my musings in the relationship thread.

Cheers,
    Syka

23. - Top - End - #683
    Troll in the Playground

You know, a thing I've wondered after reading much of this thread...how does one develop a crush, and especially truly fall in love with, someone who is rarely seen, heard, or felt? Sure, there are computer microphones and video chat, but I don't quite understand the concept of sharing a deep relationship with someone over the internet.

Not to say that it's bad or anything, but such a thing has never happened to me before and I simply don't...well, understand the whole thing.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FdL View Post
    One of them says that when a woman breaks up with her boyfriend, the reason is always that she has another guy.
    Well, not always, but it does seem to be the rule rather than the exception. Certainly when you get the platitudes, it's probably because she doesn't want to tell you the truth. Of course, if she dumps you because she caught you cheating, well, that's whole a different story...

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    You know, a thing I've wondered after reading much of this thread...how does one develop a crush, and especially truly fall in love with, someone who is rarely seen, heard, or felt? Sure, there are computer microphones and video chat, but I don't quite understand the concept of sharing a deep relationship with someone over the internet.

Not to say that it's bad or anything, but such a thing has never happened to me before and I simply don't...well, understand the whole thing.
    *shrug* I really don't know. Explaining how my own relationships work was never my strong point.

But I've had meaningful relationships in the real world, one's society would dub (and I as well) as deep. And I'm currently in a internet only relationship. Pretty limited in communications. But I'm completely happy with that. And so far I haven't been able to feel much of a difference. Okay, well there has been the long distance aspect that itches at you, as well as the frustration of the physical distance as a whole, but as feelings and deep relationships go I feel no difference. I feel just as loved, comfortable, or deep and certainly in a relationship as any other real life one. Because to me it is a real life one. We're just separated physically for a while. And I guess that's how I approach it and that's why it comes out that way.
    sign by egobuttz

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

As someone who was in a long distance relationship for almost three and a half years, it is extremely hard. Granted, we didn't meet online (met at an academic competition the night before it was over), but maintaining a relationship like that is difficult. You just kind of work through it for the times when you do get to see and touch and smell them. Phone conversations also help tremendously. There is a reason my family got long distance and why I'd regularly kill the phones by falling asleep with them by my ear. Even just hearing him breathe as we fell asleep was cherished.

*sigh* I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but I also wouldn't trade what we had for anything.

Cheers,
    Syka

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground

Internet relation psychology is completely new. And can be hard to understand. I'm sure a lot of the people in relationships here can tell you they have their pros and cons. Usually the people eventually meet up though, and a lot of those relationships succeed because they are built on a mental interpersonal basis.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Troll in the Playground

So internet relationships can be just as..."real" as a real life one? Interesting...

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

Like any relationship, it works for some people it doesn't work for others.
    sign by egobuttz

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ettin in the Playground

So internet relationships can be just as..."real" as a real life one? Interesting...
    No, it is a real life relationship. The mechanics are a bit different, but there's still two very real people involved on either end.