New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: we are some irate pirates real swashbucklin buckaneers- skulls and shackles (PF)

Mayanga goes about his business, but at some point quietly whispers to the nearby pirate (likely the halfling or the Besmarite) "Ehm, is there any evening fun on this ship, like cards, singalongs or the like?"
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: we are some irate pirates real swashbucklin buckaneers- skulls and shackles (PF)

rosie twitches when the words 'singalong' pop into her ears. but the cleric quickly speaks up uhh, i...i know! old man 32 loves gambling! m... maybe he would be interested! she points to a man sitting at a table by the doorway. it is the same man that holds the diamond studded club from before... he laughs as the oread pirate stomps away, and counts his new coins that he adds to his pocket. his eyes meet yours, his grin grows wideroi... fresh meat.... ya feeling like testin yer luck?

the bird simply responds by pecking you again
    Last edited by 1Freakinninja; 2016-04-13 at 08:54 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Henry grabs the bird with one hand and its beak with the other and looks it square in the eyes.

"Stop that or I'll wring your neck." he growls.

He looks for a treat for the bird, then offers it some of the alcohol from the barrel.

4. - Top - End - #64

Imp

The bird imitates the growling, after plunging the animal head first into the alcohol, it begins to become complacent

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Satisfied that he's found a solution, Henry perches the bird on his shoulder and keeps a cup of alcohol nearby the rest of the day.

He asks anyone nearby what the bird's name is.

He starts with the basics: curse words, although it seems the parrot has already learned at least one of those.

Spoiler
    Show
    What sort of mechanics do you want in terms of training it to sit on his shoulder, not peck him, and use the foulest language imaginable at opportune times?

As well, is it still the work day, or have we moved into the evening free time yet? I'll keep fooling around with the bird during work, and then I want to go see if I can find a way to get my stuff back or smooth talk the quartermaster.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Mayanga raises an eyebrow, turning to the priestess "I may need to get my things back before I had anything to gamble, though. I´ve got nothing on me I´m willing to part with. Maybe once I´ve got enough so i can risk it."

He has not forgotten the glint in Rosie´s eyes. "You feel like starting up a ditty later on, though? I should have more than enough for that."

7. - Top - End - #67

Imp

the mornings work drolls on, most of the time is spent either torturing birds, trying to antagonize halflings into rock battles, and eery now and again the occasional work is done... onion soup is being prepared and the scent is beginning to hit your nose....

Spoiler: ooc for thellan
    Show

roll a intelligence check to see how well you can cook on your feet

it tis now the evening... the sun sets on the horizon, what you do now is of your own free time.... you can see that some of the crew pass around the spiked rum bottles, no. 32 has wracked up quite a haul of loot today... he chuckles at his skills as he takes a big sip. conch had taken his sweet time but he has finally awoken from his sleep and is sitting on the deck, oogling rosie as she tunes a fiddle. the crew looks bored and in need of entertainment, or at least some grub

Spoiler: henry
    Show
    asking around, you manage to gather that the bird name is pluck... after how it plucked the eyes out of his last owner

Spoiler: arthur
    Show
    you spot the kobold sculking around.... his fingers dart about in others pockets..... you see him head to the quartermasters store, but you can still intercept him if you move fast

Spoiler: tobias
    Show
    your coat gun has no bullets nor powder in it... it will be quite useless unless you can find some.... you hear the crew member talking about such items being down in the bilges if you were to look for them,

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

As a fellow fiddler, Henry joins Conch in listening to Rosie, drunken parrot swaying unevenly on his shoulder. He continues his earlier conversation with Conch, and asks about how to go about getting his stuff back. As they talk, his attention is drawn more and more by Rosie as she plays, and he asks her the occasional question about the songs and her playing in between her songs. He lets the bird eat most of his food whenever dinner comes around--it's not very appealing anyway and he's feeling a little nauseous as he gets his sealegs back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Requesting to use that influence check from earlier on Conch. Also, any female pirates Henry can woo on deck?
    Last edited by Barbarian MD; 2016-04-13 at 11:57 AM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

Arthur sees the kobold and will quickly approach him as he starts to head towards the quartermasters store, "Hey swift fingers, let me talk to you for a second. My names Arthur, what's yours?"

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Thellan

Thellan learns what he can during cooking for the day and in the evening he looks for opportunities to pick pockets of very drunk people.

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Int roll (1d20+1)[4]

11. - Top - End - #71

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian MD View Post
    As a fellow fiddler, Henry joins Conch in listening to Rosie, drunken parrot swaying unevenly on his shoulder. He continues his earlier conversation with Conch, and asks about how to go about getting his stuff back. As they talk, his attention is drawn more and more by Rosie as she plays, and he asks her the occasional question about the songs and her playing in between her songs. He lets the bird eat most of his food whenever dinner comes around--it's not very appealing anyway and he's feeling a little nauseous as he gets his sealegs back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Requesting to use that influence check from earlier on Conch. Also, any female pirates Henry can woo on deck?
    yuo see the female halfing starting to play a bit harder on the fiddle... its begining to get the crew, even you a bit riled up, a human with blonde hair is trying to keep her music down, an oread female pouting taking big sips from a bucket of grog, there is also two other women on the other side of the ship, one with a mad look i her eyes and another calmer with a long dash of white running down her raven black hair.

thats the question now isnt it lad? most of the crews got something in lock up at that quartermasters shop that keeps them here, even when they could run out to the next port... we always have a little thing we really need back.... or.... somethin we want to take with us his eyes flutter a bit at rosie, she scowls and plays harder.... she looks at you feircely ifyou truely wish, you can head over and see if you got anything willin to trade to get a little somethng back, store should still be opendont be botherin me when im in the groove, piggy! the music starts to almost seep into your body, the other crewmembers cheer and whoop at the music

Quote Originally Posted by Barebates View Post
    Arthur sees the kobold and will quickly approach him as he starts to head towards the quartermasters store, "Hey swift fingers, let me talk to you for a second. My names Arthur, what's yours?"
    the kobold stops dead in his tracks, if lizards could sweat... he would be covered in it right now, you blink for a moment and hes gone, running throught the door to the galley to escape you, he leaves a trail of copper coins... about 3 gp worth...
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyMerecat View Post
    Thellan

Thellan learns what he can during cooking for the day and in the evening he looks for opportunities to pick pockets of very drunk people.

Show
    Int roll [roll0]
    you dont get very far before one of the crewmen grabs you by the shirt oi! what is this garbage!?!?!? a few more jeers erupt from the crew, an axe narrowly misses your head and goes into the side of the ship. a circle of crewmen have surrounded you, in the middle are you and one of the thugs from before... he snarls at you, readying to fight
    Last edited by 1Freakinninja; 2016-04-13 at 03:26 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

At the end of Rosie's song, Henry stands. "I believe I'll do just that."

He walks off, looking for the quartermaster.

13. - Top - End - #73

Imp

you enter the quartermasters store... there you see a female orc, polishing a notched greataxe, on her neck is a long cut... she clearly has been almost killed, but the look in her eye states how much of a fire she has in her... she gives a uncaring look to you and continues to deal with the blade "better hurry up.... ill be closin pretty soon f*** face..." she sits behind a counter, in turn behind her is a assortment of plunder that has been catagorized into piles... you can see some of your own equipment scattered around

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Who you calling ####face, Lady? This more your style?" He asks, growing a set of tusks for her benefit. "I want my stuff back."

Spoiler
    Show
    That should be just about abrasive enough for a natural one, I'd say...

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Thellen got caught looking for someone to pick pocket?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I think they're upset about the food.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Spoiler
    Show

I think they're upset about the food.
    That could be it.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Mayanga eagerly joins, humming and then trying to sing a song to the music. Trying seems to be the operative word, though - whether it was the sea air, some leftover strain, or the bad rum, he just sounds bad.

He gives it up, and tries instead to get to know people, especially those who appear more interested in the new "recruits" or just friendly.

19. - Top - End - #79

Imp

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    please roll initiative >:3, one of the crew seems to really.... really dislike your cooking. time for a bit of combat then!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Shaman View Post
    Mayanga eagerly joins, humming and then trying to sing a song to the music. Trying seems to be the operative word, though - whether it was the sea air, some leftover strain, or the bad rum, he just sounds bad.

He gives it up, and tries instead to get to know people, especially those who appear more interested in the new "recruits" or just friendly.
    rosie scoffs at your humming you call yourself a musician? hilarious... you can play with me when you can actually hum a tune right.... bloody poser.... she finishes the song and the haze of energy dissipates... some of the crew start to gossip about you and the other new hands on the deck.
    Show
    roll a perception check to try and hear some of the gossip

"Who you calling ####face, Lady? This more your style?" He asks, growing a set of tusks for her benefit. "I want my stuff back."

Spoiler
    Show
    That should be just about abrasive enough for a natural one, I'd say...
    she looks alomst uninterested in the boar.... then with a sudden movement, the great axe is right at henrys neck, the bird poops itself.... very lucky to have been on the opposite shoulder, a cold expression in her eyes, stronger a will than henry even ...you get your stuff... by paying for it... like everybody else.... got it? there is a chill that goes down henrys spine, in many years he has never felt quite that level of... fear? whatever it is... its enough for him to back down from the orc woman... she goes back to sharpening her axe

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Thellen's Initiative (1d20+2)[13]
    Last edited by HappyMerecat; 2016-04-14 at 04:24 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Perception Roll
    Show
    (1d20+6)[12]

"Woman, I've made my coin with this in places from the Third Gallows in Bloodcove to the once-observatories in Hyrantam. I got drugged with gods know what and thrown here only last night. You got me this time, but give me a day or two to get my bearings, and we'll see who can play with whom," Mayanga snorts, still annoyed by his own bad performance, before adding with a sour expression. "You're good, I'll give you that. Wanna make a bet of it next time?" While he is somewhat annoyed at the mouthy halfling, he enjoys the challenge on some level. Still, he is here to meet more people, not just obsess over one loud-mouthed pint-sized firecracker. He looks for other Mwangi on the ship, feeling he might be a bit more familiar with them and it would be an easier start. Failing that, it would be good to talk up his fellow prisoners.

((Is Thellen nearby? Mayanga was about to tell him a story.))
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2016-04-14 at 04:13 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Henry leaves, dour expression on his face. His blood is up. He goes searching for Thellan; he feels like shedding some blood and he might as well make a friend while doing it. He slips the saps out of his trousers.

Spoiler
    Show
    I imagine I won't get there in time for round one, but here's an initiative roll just in case: (d20+1)[20]

WHY do I keep rolling beautifully when it doesn't matter???????
    Last edited by Barbarian MD; 2016-04-14 at 04:55 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83

Imp

Henry leaves, dour expression on his face. His blood is up. He goes searching for Thellan; he feels like shedding some blood and he might as well make a friend while doing it. He slips the saps out of his trousers.

Spoiler
    Show
    I imagine I won't get there in time for round one, but here's an initiative roll just in case: [roll0]

WHY do I keep rolling beautifully when it doesn't matter???????
    you come first almost just as the fight is starting, bursting through the crowd from behind the crewmen... scowling, he draws his own sap, he snarls

Spoiler: no body look!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Show
    Spoiler: you looked... you bastard....
    Show
    Spoiler: STILL?!?!?!!?
    Show
    Spoiler: OK....FINE!!!
    Show
    Spoiler: HERE ARE YOU HAPPY NOW??!?!?!?!?!
    Show
    you failed the test... now you have to live with the guilt of it all your life!
    Spoiler: .... also this
    Show
    hp of the crewmen, 2 as of right now

Quote Originally Posted by The_Shaman View Post
    Spoiler: Perception Roll
    Show
    [roll0]

"Woman, I've made my coin with this in places from the Third Gallows in Bloodcove to the once-observatories in Hyrantam. I got drugged with gods know what and thrown here only last night. You got me this time, but give me a day or two to get my bearings, and we'll see who can play with whom," Mayanga snorts, still annoyed by his own bad performance, before adding with a sour expression. "You're good, I'll give you that. Wanna make a bet of it next time?" While he is somewhat annoyed at the mouthy halfling, he enjoys the challenge on some level. Still, he is here to meet more people, not just obsess over one loud-mouthed pint-sized firecracker. He looks for other Mwangi on the ship, feeling he might be a bit more familiar with them and it would be an easier start. Failing that, it would be good to talk up his fellow prisoners.

((Is Thellen nearby? Mayanga was about to tell him a story.))
    Rosie, looks at you with a smirk i would be glad to show you up, any time anywhere!... in your looking around... you actually spot the markings of a mwangi tattoo style on the oreads back... though... you dont remember anyone in your tribe being oread....

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Thellen's Initiative [roll0]
    Spoiler: fight order
    Show

henry (21)

thellen (13)

crewmen (13)

Last edited by 1Freakinninja; 2016-04-18 at 04:04 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84

Imp

Henry acts fast, he tosses you a sap as he moves behind your attacker, caught a bit surprised, he gets hit in the back of the head with Henry's own sap,

Show

The crewmen is flat footed

Henry's attack roll

(1d20+4)[20]

Damage roll
    (1d6+3)[9]

The crewmember staggers, now angry from the strike
    Last edited by 1Freakinninja; 2016-04-17 at 11:36 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Mayanga nods at the halfling as he walks around. The Oread's tattoo does attract his attention, and he approaches her. "Greetings, earth-kin one" he says in Polyglot. "May your drink taste well. I am Mayanga, one of the fresh," he winces slightly. "Recruits."
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2016-04-18 at 09:19 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86

Imp

the oread looks at you with a odd expression, almost familiar. she begins speaking very fast. in a language that sounds like the earth itself, as she goes on you are able to pick up words that resonate to you, names of villigers you had known, the polygot slur for a donkey is one of the few things you understand as she raves on about something... she is from the mwangi... only your people could have this much personality.... unfortunately, you do not know what languages she speaks, she continues to talk about something she is very passionate about, she points to her tattoo and then at you... she pauses... looking at you... she asks a question... pointing again to the tattoo

27. - Top - End - #87

Imp

Spoiler: mayanga
    Show

Mayanga hears his companions in distress, the crowd parts at just the right time for you to get a glance at thellen standing in an attacking position, facing off against a bearded and angry individual, you see his hand is gripping a sword by his side

Your understanding of the tattoo is that it is most likely from your village, but you have been far away from it for too long, it might have been something from your childhood, a faint memory, but nothing set in stone.... no pun intended

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Thellen

Thellen takes the sap and attacks his attacker. "You might wanna take that up with the chef."

Show
    Attack (1d20+5)[17] +2 more if flanking
    Damage (1d6+4)[10] Non-lethal

29. - Top - End - #89

Imp

the pirate staggers on his feet, a bit of blood running down the back of his head, and from his mouth... he raises his head to meet thellens, his eyes burning with anger, with a quick movement his cutlass is pulled out, and it is brought down to you. blinded by rage, he calls out to you, wanting only for your innards to spill onto the deck

Spoiler
    Show

draws his weapon, a cutlass, then attacks thellen
    attack roll, crit chance is 18-20
    (1d20+3)[11]

damage roll
    (1d6+1)[3]

in his rage, he swings madly, but with a daring tumble, thellen dodges the brutal strikes, the pirate, now furious, curses out loudly
    Last edited by 1Freakinninja; 2016-04-18 at 04:20 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Mayanga thinks about what the woman may be saying, frustrated at his inability to understand the language, but then the sounds of a scuffle attract his attention. His head darts in that direction and he bids a quick goodbye in Polyglot to the oread.

When he goes there, he notices that things seem to have escalated way pretty badly... and only one person has a serious weapon in this fight. Well, damn. Hopefully this might defuse the situation.

((are there a lot of pirates nearby? If no, M. will cast charm person and persuade the pirate that it ain't no big deal, he can chill, we got this. If there are and it will be too obvious, he will go for grease to make it less likely cutlass dude hits something and maybe give everyone a show. Either way, DC is 14))