New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Blood Bowl itP IV: Anything But A '1'

OK, so. Firstly, the Stunty Cup. We're sitting at 4 teams, which would be fine except I kind of wanted to play myself. As mentioned previously, Qwaz said to me he probably would put a team i to make up numbers, and Deadline said he would if there weren't other takers, which seems to be the case. If we add in those three we'd still need one more person, either to play or just to put in a team which could forfeit to someone in the first round so we can actually do this thing. Please? I'd like to get this going soon and then get back to the main league.

Speaking of which, secondly, the Main League. I've gone in, accepted Wraith's new team and booted Luzahn and Devmaar since they've been generally absent. Does anyone else want to join/leave/change teams?
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    OK, so. Firstly, the Stunty Cup. We're sitting at 4 teams, which would be fine except I kind of wanted to play myself. As mentioned previously, Qwaz said to me he probably would put a team i to make up numbers, and Deadline said he would if there weren't other takers, which seems to be the case. If we add in those three we'd still need one more person, either to play or just to put in a team which could forfeit to someone in the first round so we can actually do this thing. Please? I'd like to get this going soon and then get back to the main league.

Speaking of which, secondly, the Main League. I've gone in, accepted Wraith's new team and booted Luzahn and Devmaar since they've been generally absent. Does anyone else want to join/leave/change teams?
    I've tossed ten Skinks (and one chaperone) into the Stunty Cup.

I think that I'll let my Norse keep busting heads (mostly their own) in the Main League... for now.
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Whoopsie - Caissa's Chosen just left the league; The Killosophers were submitted for acceptance!
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

I'll get the Blueberry Turnovers ('flings) popped in. Quick question, was the Stunty League accepting only newly created teams, or are experienced teams allowed? The Turnovers have run through at least one league in the distant past (and fared poorly, as one might expect), are they still candidates for getting in? If not, I'll throw together another team and submit it.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

5. - Top - End - #275

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    I'll get the Blueberry Turnovers ('flings) popped in. Quick question, was the Stunty League accepting only newly created teams, or are experienced teams allowed? The Turnovers have run through at least one league in the distant past (and fared poorly, as one might expect), are they still candidates for getting in? If not, I'll throw together another team and submit it.
    All the other teams are starting teams, but I don't think I mind particularly? I mean from that description I don't imagine they're particularly skilled up so the disparity wouldn't be that noticeable?
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I would be interested in watching, but I'm working a nightshift again for a few weeks so it's not imperative that I get front-row

====

Meanwhile, the Rookie League lurches towards it's last couple of matches; Day 11 out of 13 is upon us!

Season 03 - Day 11
    The Shameful Dead (MisterQuiv) vs. Naggarothian Nightmare (Maethirion)
    The Expendables '97 (Unpronounceable) vs. The Orctodads (legoshrimp)
    Team Named Spoon (Grytorm) vs. Have Some Popkhorne (Silfir)
    Super Furry Wild Animals (Wraith) vs. Playboy Plaguemates (Deadline)
    Those Who Eat Brunch (Dsop) vs. The Unsightly Jellyfishes (Lyrakien)
    Rules Rules Rules (Its_TFT) vs. Isla Sauria (LCP)
    Unsidhe De Cuirte Dorche (Manticoran) vs. Goblinization Nation (DarthMario)

Games to be completed by: Monday 08th August
    Awwww you mean I lost the chance to introduce chainsaw to soft vulnerable elf flesh? :(

Ah well, Legoshrimp, when's good for you? I'm on GMT and should be available this weekend.

With regards the main league, do I need t do anything to keep the boneheads in, for their probably last season?
    Managing the Wymbildon Warpstoners in Gitp Rookie League - Mutations for EVERYONE!

Head Necromancer of The BlackHearse Boneheads in Gitp Main league - Come on lads, it's not like they can kill you twice!

7. - Top - End - #277

Griffon

You had two weeks, and even then I didn't update until Tuesday just in case you were trying to finangle some Monday Night/Tuesday Morning +/-12hr timezone shenanigans. Sorry, but unless you're planning something specifically and someone tells me what's going on I can only do so much.

Besides, ALL flesh is soft and vulnerable when it comes to chainsaws being used in a rugby game. I daresay the difference between Elf and Orcs, Necromantic cadavers and Skaven is moot, once the giblets start a-flyin'.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2016-07-28 at 01:28 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

BB2 League Finals scheduled: Monday 1 August, 0400 GMT ish. May be a little bit later.
    GitP Blood Bowl 2 League
    This time, in HD

9. - Top - End - #279

Quote Originally Posted by Unpronounceable View Post
    With regards the main league, do I need t do anything to keep the boneheads in, for their probably last season?
    Nope. Aside from booting Luzahn and Devmaar since they've been largely absent, I'm assuming everyone is staying in as is unless they say otherwise.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Awwww you mean I lost the chance to introduce chainsaw to soft vulnerable elf flesh? :(

Ah well, Legoshrimp, when's good for you? I'm on GMT and should be available this weekend.

I am +2, so scheduling shouldn't be very hard. This weekend should be good for me. I am free most of it.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    I am +2, so scheduling shouldn't be very hard. This weekend should be good for me. I am free most of it.
    Initially read that as "I have +2 to scheduling" either way that should makes things easier. :P

I'll try to be on Saturday evening, will add you to steam and be generally botherable, if not, +2 shouldn't be too hard to make during the week.

Scratch that, will be away this evening now, will be about this morning for a bit and tomorrow morning probably.
    Last edited by Unpronounceable; 2016-07-30 at 02:15 AM.
    Managing the Wymbildon Warpstoners in Gitp Rookie League - Mutations for EVERYONE!

Head Necromancer of The BlackHearse Boneheads in Gitp Main league - Come on lads, it's not like they can kill you twice!

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Haven't heard from Grytorm yet - if you're reading this, name a time and I can probably make it somehow :)

13. - Top - End - #283
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Tenocht Thunderscales 3 - 0 Khornate Killers

And so ends the Blood Bowl 2 League, with the newby lizards standing proud and haughty with the trophy in claw.

The game started off with Maethirion debating whether he should drop one of his beastmen in order to alter the team values in his favour and hire a wizard to join him. My first block killed one of the scruffy goats, so I guess I made that choice for him (just with less magic raining down on me).
    The Killers won the coin toss and elected to give the Thunderscales the ball for the first half. The skinks were feeling particularly wily today, as several of them quickly slipped right through the line of chaos warriors, ball in hand, for a turn 3 Touchdown which more or less set the tone for the rest of the match. Only one of the Thunderscale's touchdowns were during their possession half, as an unfortunate series of failed pick up rolls allowed the zippy little buggers to swoop in and abduct the ball from under the beastman ball-carrier's paws.

The chaos team landed blow after blow on the intervening saurus and krox but just couldn't keep them down, barring a death (apothecary saw to that) and a new niggling injury on the newly levelled guard-krox.
    The lizards were no slouches when it came to fisticuffs, as the previously mentioned kill may suggest. Most importanty I feel, were the few good smacks that knocked out the minotaur, and then knocked it back out when it woke up, although the chaos team evidently did not approve of the inequality of big guys on the field and took out the krox in a somewhat more effective way.

One of the more surprising moments included a hero saurus breaking away from a beastman for a blitz to prevent a turn 8 equaliser for the Killers.

All in all, a good game despite the few unlucky moments that allowed the lizards to capitalise on their speed. Thank you, Maethirion, for the game. Hopefully we can retry in a later league, should the opportunity present itself.

14. - Top - End - #284

Griffon

I've been meaning to do this for days, but kept getting home from work and crashing into bed instead

What I MEANT to say was, congratulations Aetherstorm! 3-0 is a very respectable scoreline, especially against a player as experienced and good as Maethirion - all hail, the BB2 GitP champion!
    Similarly, commiserations to your opponent. The BB2 league has been full of good teams and some great players, making it to the #2 spot is still worthy of saga and song. I look forward to the next season - I was just starting to get the hand of playing with Dark Elves again and then it was all over!

=====

While I remember, Deadline and I played our Rookie League game, much to the merriment of both players. The Underworld mongrels proved too slippery for the "proper" Chaos team, winning the match 2-1 but not without having to be systematically dismembered in the process.

The first touchdown was for the Super Furry Wild Animals who, having chosen to receive, picked the ball up with a Sure Hands'd Thrower and had him dramatically bulldozed into unconsciousness by a Nurgle Warrior soon afterwards. The amount of opposing players who swarmed into the Goblins' side of the pitch turned the astrogranite dark with their horrible stench, but fortunately my heroic Two Heads/Big Hand goblin Empty Kangarooms was on standby to run in and grab the ball from under their noses. And right into the tentacles of the Beast of Nurgle.

I was expecting that goblin never to leave that thing's slimy embrace, but apparently ST5 Tentacles is as useful as traditionally paper-thin AV9 against a Block and yet Empty Kangarooms scurried off without a second glance, fleeing up the pitch with a comet tail of beastmen right behind him. He handed off to a Skaven linemen who hid behind his goblin ally for another two turns before being forced to score by the threat of an incoming Nurgle Warrior.

Incredibly, the Nurgle team - as slow and sluggish as they are supposed to be - managed to retaliate and score in the same half, using some incredible Push-related logic to dodge through a tackle zone, blitz a Linerat and shuffle two more players into a position where he could dodge, pick up the ball in a tackle zone, dodge again and GFI twice to the End Zone, all on no rerolls. That foul, green Pestigor's majestic stumble over the line was unbelievable, but thoroughly deserved.

The second half started extremely well for the Underworld team as Sweltering Heat immediately took half of the Nurgle Warriors off the pitch, which allowed the Two-Headed Goblins to somersault their way through the LoS and take down the Ball Carrier with a One Die Block. Again, Empty Kangarooms grabbed the ball and headed off up the pitch - despite a formidable wall of Beastmen in his way, the little guy sidestepped the lot of them, cavorted through three tackle zones and scored to put his team back in the lead.

In the last drive of the game, it looked very likely that the Nurgle worshipping team would equalise. Their Beast was back, and the same Heat took out the Underworld Troll, meaning that the worst speed-bump that they had to deal with was a ST3 Block Linerat. What's more, they outnumbered the Animals 9 players to 7 even before the immediately KO'd another Goblin. Luckily for me, I still had all my rerolls for the half and an ample supply of wothless Goblins, using both to escape the clutches of the Beast of Nurgle, set up an assist and again One-Die the ball carrier to the ground. Empty Kangarooms made yet another indomitable pickup from under the noses of the other team and headed up the pitch for a handoff; with my remaining Skaven Thrower in the right position, I might even have been able to score.... except that The Ecstacy of Goldfish fudged the catch. Jerk.

Thanks again Deadline, for being a part of the legacy of wacky plays that seem to happen around this team. Hopefully we'll play again soon.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2016-08-04 at 11:39 AM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I've also been meaning to do this for days, but keep getting busy and forgetting about it

Congratulations Aetherstorm!

For me, I feel like I forgot how ridiculously mobile skinks are, and didn't plan enough around the possibility of failed 3+ rerollable pickups. Each time I failed, Aetherstorm capitalised on it so well that I just couldn't deal with the number of the zippy little buggers that swarmed the ball not-carrier. Between that, an inability to roll defender downs against Ado'lash the annoying Blodge skink, despite getting 3 dice frenzy blocks against him, and my minotaur's apparent cranial injury, it was a very frustrating game, but a well deserved win for Aetherstorm. He completely outplayed me where it counted.

Congratulations again, and the Killers are sharpening their horns in anticipation of a rematch one day.

====

So on to Season 2! If people would be interested in a Season 2. Do we have any takers? Between Shishnarfne's computer problems and Manticoran dropping out, we're down to 6, assuming everybody stays. Would anyone else like to join up?
    GitP Blood Bowl 2 League
    This time, in HD

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

If you need to make up the numbers, my perfectly sane wood elves are ready to go!

17. - Top - End - #287
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Maethirion View Post
    Between that, an inability to roll defender downs against Ado'lash the annoying Blodge skink, despite getting 3 dice frenzy blocks against him, and my minotaur's apparent cranial injury, it was a very frustrating game, but a well deserved win for Aetherstorm. He completely outplayed me where it counted.

====

So on to Season 2! If people would be interested in a Season 2. Do we have any takers? Between Shishnarfne's computer problems and Manticoran dropping out, we're down to 6, assuming everybody stays. Would anyone else like to join up?
    I can't help but smile at how consistently that happened with ol' Ado'lash. He certainly has lead a charmed life so far. I guess we'll see how long that lasts if he gets another go on the field.

I'd certainly be interested in a season 2 if that happens at some point.

Also, thank you for the kind words. It was certainly a fun season.
    Last edited by Aetherstorm; 2016-08-05 at 05:07 AM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Congrats to aetherstorm, a well played season in which i had the pleasure to play him twice, with opposite results, and a well deserved win.

The end times will probably stick around for season two, unless i have a change of heart, but i'll be in for sure.

19. - Top - End - #289

Griffon

In case I wasn't clear, the Scaretoon Network are remaining in the League, too.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Pixie in the Playground

So uhh... I've been informed that Those Who Eat Brunch has been deleted.

#RookieLeague
    THEY LIED TO ME. IT WAS ALL A LIIEEEEEEE.

21. - Top - End - #291

OK, my busy week is done and so I am once again reminding people that the main league will happen as soon as the Stunty Cup is done, so people should be thinking about if they want to join/leave/change teams. IIRC Qwaz said to me he may well join which would put us onto an odd number at which point we'd need another team or someone to leave so the numbers would work.

And speaking of the Stunty Cup, we are beginning it.

The Laughing Boys (Tasroth) vs. Snotling Heroics (Qwaz)
    Ancient Spirits of Evil (Wraith) vs. Time for Elevenses (Thufir)
    Blueberry Turnovers (Deadline) vs. 'Snot da size wut matters (Unpronounceable)
    Goblin's Law (Silfir) vs. Skink Squad Seven (Shishnarfne)
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

22. - Top - End - #292

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrakien View Post
    So uhh... I've been informed that Those Who Eat Brunch has been deleted.

#RookieLeague
    I.... don't know what to tell you. They haven't *literally* been deleted as they're still listed in the League as existing, but if DSop has decided to withdraw from playing..... Well, I haven't been told. How peculiar

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, last time we played I put in an admin win because he told me to... Apparently he was in a permanent state of not wanting to play.
    Last edited by Silfir; 2016-08-07 at 02:51 AM.

24. - Top - End - #294

Griffon

Hmm, that's the first time I've heard of it, but fair enough. If that's the case, I'll roll on the league and update the ranking table later on today.

[EDIT] Lots of games auto-resolved, so the last day looms ever closer. Silfir's bye aganst Manticoran has finally given him a commanding lead over the players in 4th, 5th and 6th place after weeks of jockeying for position, however (assuming that I survive the chainsaw-related antics of the Expendables) I get a bye in the last round whereas he gets to play a tough game against the League's fearsome Orc team. We both have to win our last game in order to stand a chance at qualifying, whereas a single win for Maethirion will guarantee a shattered dream for at least one of us.

Meanwhile, the anticipated final comes early as the #1 Lizardman team clashes with the #2 Necromancers; best case scenario for everyone else is that both sides maim each other beyond recognition just in time for the playoffs, however the league so far has shown no such carelessness on either side. Nuffle willing, the dice will be cruel and take the decision out of their hands.....

Season 03 - Day 12
    Team Named Spoon (Grytorm) vs. Naggarothian Nightmares (Maethirion)
    Super Furry Wild Animals (Wraith) vs. The Expendables '97 (Unpronounceable)
    Those Who Eat Brunch (Dsop) vs. The Shameful Dead (KingOfFeed)
    Rules Rules Rules (TFT) vs. The Orctodads (legoshrimp)
    Unsidhe De Cuirte Dorche (Manticoran) vs. Have Some Popkhorne (Silfir)
    Goblinization Nation (DarthMario) vs. Playboy Plaguemates (Deadline)

Isla Sauria (LCP) vs. The Unsightly Jellyfishes (Lyrakien)

Games to be completed by: Monday 22nd August
    Last edited by Wraith; 2016-08-07 at 06:24 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

OK, my busy week is done and so I am once again reminding people that the main league will happen as soon as the Stunty Cup is done, so people should be thinking about if they want to join/leave/change teams. IIRC Qwaz said to me he may well join which would put us onto an odd number at which point we'd need another team or someone to leave so the numbers would work.

And speaking of the Stunty Cup, we are beginning it.

The Laughing Boys (Tasroth) vs. Snotling Heroics (Qwaz)
    Ancient Spirits of Evil (Wraith) vs. Time for Elevenses (Thufir)
    Blueberry Turnovers (Deadline) vs. 'Snot da size wut matters (Unpronounceable)
    Goblin's Law (Silfir) vs. Skink Squad Seven (Shishnarfne)
    Deadline. Violence. This weekend?

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

Deadline. Violence. This weekend?
    Yes. There will be much halfling blood spilled. And beware the Midnight Snack Attack!

My best availability is probably Saturday evening (MST), but I can probably swing most other times with some advance notice. Let me know what works best for you.

Signature of Holding

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

MST eh? Well that's 8 hours behind me so not sure if evening would work for me. Could probably do afternoon?

Failing that how's Sunday?

Failing failing that, that's probably enough for me to do a stupid o'clock in the morning in the week if you're happy staying up till midnight?

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

MST eh? Well that's 8 hours behind me so not sure if evening would work for me. Could probably do afternoon?

Failing that how's Sunday?

Failing failing that, that's probably enough for me to do a stupid o'clock in the morning in the week if you're happy staying up till midnight?
    I can certainly swing earlier on Saturday. Sunday I'm unavailable from 5-10 PM my time, but it sounds like earlier is better for you anyway. Just so long as I've had enough time to get a cup of coffee in me, I'm good to go. What time on Saturday would work best for you?

Signature of Holding

29. - Top - End - #299
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    I can certainly swing earlier on Saturday. Sunday I'm unavailable from 5-10 PM my time, but it sounds like earlier is better for you anyway. Just so long as I've had enough time to get a cup of coffee in me, I'm good to go. What time on Saturday would work best for you?
    Well, I've had a change of plans now on the weekend so won't be free Saturday at all. Should be on sunday evening, 7-8 onwards GMT+1 so midday your time?

30. - Top - End - #300

Griffon

I will be online at those times also, if You vs. Deadline finishes quickly or doesn't take place.

I'll also be about every evening from Saturday if Thufir would like to fit in a Stunty game. Just name the day, I can probably manage it after 6 or 7pm.