New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Blood Bowl itP IV: Anything But A '1'

Alright then - Unpronounceable, when's good for you?
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Yes. Let your betrayal of the Commissioner be taken from our League; May your strip be taken from you, and all of your garb of team colours; Let you be stricken from our hearts and our memories, forever.

In other news, I need to stop using WordPad to write out the list every week, as I make silly mistakes when I forget to turn off Word Wrap....

Have Some Popkhorne (Silfir) vs. Naggarothian Nightmares (Maethirion)
    The Orctodads (legoshrimp) vs. Playboy Plaguemates (Deadline)
    The Shameful Dead (MisterQuiv) vs. The Unsightly Jellyfishes (Lyrakien)
    Team Named Spoon (Grytorm) vs. Goblinization Nation (Darth Mario)
    The Expendables 97 (Unpronounceable) vs. Isla Sauria (Pippington)
    Super Furry Wild Animals (Wraith) vs. Unsseeded Da Curtey Door-chee (Manticoran)
    Those Who Eat Brunch (DSop) vs. Rules Rules Rules (TFT)

Please see the revised list above - you're playing Unpronounceable's Goblins, apologies for the mix up.
    Quote Originally Posted by LCP View Post
    Alright then - Unpronounceable, when's good for you?
    *looks at the lizards*

On second thoughts I'll take the expulsion from the league.....

LCP I am generally around, you're in the states now so I guess probably weekend? Sunday?
    Managing the Wymbildon Warpstoners in Gitp Rookie League - Mutations for EVERYONE!

Head Necromancer of The BlackHearse Boneheads in Gitp Main league - Come on lads, it's not like they can kill you twice!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Weekend is good for me. Am going to try to catch Wraith on Saturday for the standard league - if I see you then I'll try to fit both games in, otherwise Sunday's fine.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Weekend is good for me. Am going to try to catch Wraith on Saturday for the standard league - if I see you then I'll try to fit both games in, otherwise Sunday's fine.
    Cool, I should catch you one of them.

Razgriez, I've added you on Steam so let me know when you're around....

---

Praise nuffle for he saw fit to give me a +agi chainsaw and +str pogoer... and then gave my undead team normal rolls.

Advice time. I have a surehands, block, sidestep, (dodge) ghoul, with a normal skill up (general/Agility), what's a good idea?

Was considering something from fend/jump-up/sure-feet/sprint in roughly that order.
    Last edited by Unpronounceable; 2016-05-03 at 02:55 PM.
    Managing the Wymbildon Warpstoners in Gitp Rookie League - Mutations for EVERYONE!

Head Necromancer of The BlackHearse Boneheads in Gitp Main league - Come on lads, it's not like they can kill you twice!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Fend protects against Frenzy and is generally annoying for attackers to deal with, Sure Feet expands his range. Both would be valid choices for a dedicated ballcarrier to take. I think Sprint is generally less useful than Sure Feet. (It kind of needs Sure Feet to work well, too.) Jump Up is right out; this is not a guy who's supposed to get hit in the first place. Plus, if he does, his poor armor makes it unlikely he can get back into action anytime soon anyway.

Does he get fielded on defense? If so, consider Diving Tackle; combines nicely with Blodgestep for a very annoying man marker. Maybe you could use more Tackle as well.

I'd probably go for Fend, since Sure Hands to me signals the dedicated ballcarrier route, and I'd want to bench him in favor of a kick zombie on defense.
    Last edited by Silfir; 2016-05-03 at 03:38 PM.
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks to Silfir for our match! Thanks to some truly cursed dice on Silfir's part, The Playboy Plaguemates stormed the pitch to what should have been a 2-0 win, but thanks to some brutal (to Silfir) kickoff rolls, it turned into a 3-0 win for the Plaguemates. It's possible that the Popkhorne Bloodthirster was simply too dazzled by the beautiful Plaguemates to do much of anything for most of the match. And I don't quite know how we managed an entire match without a dead Rotter.

Hey legoshrimp, when do you want to get our match in? Don't let their bloated forms fool you, those Nurgle Warriors and Rotters are lovely Nurgle-blessed pinups. These new and improved "hotter rotters" are ready to strike a pose on the pitch! If your Orcs are lucky, they may even get tackled by the lovely Plaguemate of the Year. She may be a beast of Nurgle, but that just means there's more of her to love.

Rot is the new hot!
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

7. - Top - End - #97
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Since he already has Side Step, I think that Fend loses some of it's appeal. While it prevents you getting block'd for a second time by the same player, you already have the benefit of Block/Dodge meaning that he only goes down on a 1/6 so it's not that much of a threat. Similarly, he has Side Step to make it easier to get away from being block'd by another player, and almost impossible to get surf'd. And it's not even as though Frenzy is all that prevalent; Can you afford a whole level up - knowing that your next one is now dozens of SPP away - to prevent maybe two or three Blitz's per season?

Similarly, I feel the same way about Diving Tackle. You have all 4 of your Ghouls on your roster, including two who are already decent defensive players with various combinations of Tackle, Diving Tackle and Wrestle that I know you swap in as appropriate. Do you really need to.... 'dilute' the purpose of your best offensive player?

Silfir is right about Jump Up. If your Level 5 Blodge/Side Step/AV7 character is getting knocked down regularly, then you're doing something very wrong. I also agree that Sure Feet alone is better than Sprint alone, though obviously you'd want both if you could. Again though, you're going to be waiting a LONG time until lv6 - do you want payoff now or WAY later?

It's not a great selection unfortunately, but that's true of most Lv5 players that haven't managed to hit a Double. I think that Sure Feet is still probably the better choice, since Ghouls are your most mobile pieces and slow team can always make use of another reliable GFI. Fend is nice and probably a decent choice, but in comparison I don't think you'll get as much value out of it.
    The only other skill that I might consider would be Catch - since he already has Sure Hands then I guess he's going to be picking up the ball rather than receiving it, but on a difficult play when there's little time left on the clock it at least gives you some reliability to attempt a passing play after Dodging/Side Stepping his way through the LoS. Again though, not something you'll use every game - just something there for emergencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    My first thought is "Unsee da cute door-chan". I'm not sure what that says about me.
    Freudian theory says that it means you want to beat up some goblins and see your Wardancers come down with a horrible case of 'Rabid Dead' from my Stormvermin. True story.
    When are you generally around, sir? I'm free to play all week, child-care requirements aside, so let me know when is good for you and I'll try to match it.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2016-05-03 at 05:02 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground

Freudian theory says that it means you want to beat up some goblins and see your Wardancers come down with a horrible case of 'Rabid Dead' from my Stormvermin. True story.
    When are you generally around, sir? I'm free to play all week, child-care requirements aside, so let me know when is good for you and I'll try to match it.
    ...That seems entirely reasonable.

Available after 22GMT-ish most days, although I've been at work until close to 23GMT most of this week, so I'm actually getting home closer to 2330.... But that's not normal. Hopefully I'll be home closer to 2100 GMT tomorrow or something.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Fend isn't just for protection against Frenzy (and Piling On), it helps keep your attackers off your back. Ghouls are only AGI 3, so you want to avoid having to dodge them away. Fend can do that for you, Side Step can't. The two skills complement each other nicely in the way they completely rob your opponent of the ability to accomplish anything with a blitz unless they roll that elusive defender down. I'm definitely just about certain that Fend will be useful in far more situations than Catch.
    Last edited by Silfir; 2016-05-03 at 08:52 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Shishnarfe, when are you available to play? Im in GMT-7, so depending on where you are this could be challenging to schedule. The best way to contact me would be Steam, as messages over it are more reliable. My username is Dsop53, and my avatar is a picture of a guy with swords. Hit me up either here or there (steam pref) when your available!~
    Look me up on steam (Dsop53) if you need me!

The Art of Deep requires 3 things:
    -Knowing when to go Deep
    -Knowing how to go Deep
    -Screaming maniacally

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    Hey legoshrimp, when do you want to get our match in? Don't let their bloated forms fool you, those Nurgle Warriors and Rotters are lovely Nurgle-blessed pinups. These new and improved "hotter rotters" are ready to strike a pose on the pitch! If your Orcs are lucky, they may even get tackled by the lovely Plaguemate of the Year. She may be a beast of Nurgle, but that just means there's more of her to love.

Rot is the new hot!
    lol.
    I am currently GMT +2. I can do 6-11 PM on weekdays. Although I am off tomorrow so I can do pretty much pretty much whenever during the day for me if that works, or possibly a bit later tonight.
    Otherwise over the weekend I am free pretty much whenever.
    If that doesn't work I guess I can try getting up early (eww ) to catch you before you go to bed, assuming you are in the US.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh Maethirion, master of elves adornèd with thorns,
    next shall you face my assortment of Khornes
    so incompetent, yet still determined to try
    or die trying, for it is not for a coach such as I
    to endeavour to stop them, though I can yet delay
    their frothing rage for a convenient day.
    The coming weekend would for certain do;
    as you know, I live in GMT plus two.
    Though whenever Steam might find me on-line,
    chances are that will also be fine!
    Last edited by Silfir; 2016-05-04 at 09:22 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    lol.
    I am currently GMT +2. I can do 6-11 PM on weekdays. Although I am off tomorrow so I can do pretty much pretty much whenever during the day for me if that works, or possibly a bit later tonight.
    Otherwise over the weekend I am free pretty much whenever.
    If that doesn't work I guess I can try getting up early (eww ) to catch you before you go to bed, assuming you are in the US.
    Hmm, I'm GMT -6, so that's quite a swing. I can available on Friday anywhere from 4:30 PM to 10 PM your time. Otherwise it doesn't look like weekdays are a good option for either of us (I'm generally not available until 3 AM your time). If Friday doesn't work, we'll have to sort out a weekend time. My Saturday looks pretty clear, for a similar timeframe as my Friday (with the addition that I can be available later than 10 PM your time). Also, I don't think I've got you added on Steam. Could you send me a friend invite so I can get you added?

Signature of Holding

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, I'm GMT -6, so that's quite a swing. I can available on Friday anywhere from 4:30 PM to 10 PM your time. Otherwise it doesn't look like weekdays are a good option for either of us (I'm generally not available until 3 AM your time). If Friday doesn't work, we'll have to sort out a weekend time. My Saturday looks pretty clear, for a similar timeframe as my Friday (with the addition that I can be available later than 10 PM your time). Also, I don't think I've got you added on Steam. Could you send me a friend invite so I can get you added?
    Sent a friend request. Friday seems good, probably more like 7 PM my time. If that fails we probably can work something out on the weekend.

Also I think I sent this to wraith in a PM at some point, but here is my steam profile.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/legoshrimp

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Sent a friend request. Friday seems good, probably more like 7 PM my time. If that fails we probably can work something out on the weekend.

Also I think I sent this to wraith in a PM at some point, but here is my steam profile.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/legoshrimp
    Alright, let's plan on this Friday at 7 PM your time (which looks to be around 11 AM my time). Brace your green tide for the blessings of Nurgle!

Signature of Holding

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll go with my first thought and fend.

Is Luzahn still around or do the Boneheads get to end this abysmal season early?

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Wraith & Unpronounceable - I've just been roped into helping with an exhibit at the Chicago Science Festival on Sat. I should still be available to play on Saturday but only after ~2pm CST. Just letting you know so that you don't wait around when I'll definitely be far away from my computer.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

18. - Top - End - #108

Griffon

Maethirion and I met in the BB2 League, Chaos versus Dark Elves respectively, and I think it fair to say that it almost entirely went my way.

I don't mean that to be facetious or rude to Maethirion, but we both pretty much agreed on it after the game was over. It was turn ~6 before I failed a dodge roll, which even then was one intending to escape a crowd-surf so I was happy with the 'lesser evil', and I'm pretty sure that I didn't roll a single skull or unwanted Both Down in any of the 16 turns.

Couple that with winning all three of the "free reroll" kick-off events, getting two Knocked Down and one KO'd with a Fireball that let me steal a defensive touchdown, getting more Armour Breaks throughout the game and the Chaos Minotaur being the least cooperative beast that I've seen in a long time, it really should have been a much closer match. Fortune finally smiled upon the Khornate team when Maethirion won a Blitz! event (the 6th against me in 5 consecutive games!) and then demanded a successful hand-off and two GFI's to gain a conciliatory touchdown in the middle of the second half, bringing the final tally to 2-1 in favour of the Scaretoon Network.

I'm sorry that game couldn't have been more fun for you Maethirion..... Although like I said - that's your 'worst game of the season' over and done with, now you can put it behind you and get back to reigning at the top of the league

Wraith & Unpronounceable.....
    No worries, sir. That's still 10 or 11pm our time, I'll no doubt be online until considerably later so by all means take it easy and do what you need to do, at least on my account.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Legoshrimp, I need to adjust the start time of our match slightly from 7PM your time to 7:30 PM your time. Apparently Friday is an early release day from school for my kids, and they get out at 7PM your time. I just need a little time to pick them up and get them home. On the plus side, I'll have two spectators on my side cheering for the game.
    Last edited by Deadline; 2016-05-05 at 09:41 AM.

Signature of Holding

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Alright, Manticoran, I've sent a request on Steam so hopefully we can soon begin the arduous series of discussions, negotiations and political kidnappings necessary to get a schedule of some kind sorted out. Hope to hear from you soon.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Legoshrimp, I need to adjust the start time of our match slightly from 7PM your time to 7:30 PM your time. Apparently Friday is an early release day from school for my kids, and they get out at 7PM your time. I just need a little time to pick them up and get them home. On the plus side, I'll have two spectators on my side cheering for the game.
    That is fine, I can easily handle later especially since it is a Friday night. Not that it is very late anyways
    Also I am clearly doomed, since you will have moral support.
    Or maybe you will have three times the bad luck with three people there!

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

That is fine, I can easily handle later especially since it is a Friday night. Not that it is very late anyways
    Also I am clearly doomed, since you will have moral support.
    Or maybe you will have three times the bad luck with three people there!
    It turns out that neither was the case. My luck was pretty average (occasionally blessed by Nuffle with Double Skulls). Lego, your luck was ... man I don't even know. You played a solid game (only made a few relatively minor errors), rarely failed to knock down players when blocking, and even managed an impressive late-game passing play that put you in scoring position. I was playing defense all game (and mostly on my half of the pitch), and the few times I had the ball, you tore through my cage like tissue paper. Your 1-0 win was well earned, and not a 2-0 win mostly due to my AG4 Pestigor shenanigans. Thanks for the match, and good luck in your future matches! Remember to make all of your no-risk moves first before taking risky actions, Nuffle won't smile on you forever

Signature of Holding

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Wraith and Unpronounceable, I will be available earlier tomorrow after all - I got it wrong, the science festival is next weekend
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Wraith and Unpronounceable, I will be available earlier tomorrow after all - I got it wrong, the science festival is next weekend
    Is it, or did someone invent a time machine and now you're stuck in a temporal loop, forced to play me and Wraith for all eternity!?

By which I mean, cool see you later.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Isla Sauria 2 - 1 The Expendables '97

A really well-played game by Unpronounceable that had me worried in a couple of places - but one where the avalanche of casualties and the fact that I got to choose to kick tilted the field massively in my favour. Managed to keep to my new season's resolution this time and score a Saurus TD.

Ruinous Rampagers 1 - 2 Hammersjurg Destroyers

A very close-fought game. In the first half I tried to play loose to counter Wraith's wizard (something I need to work on), which let him slip around my flank and score a very well-executed defensive TD (assisted a little by a Perfect Defence that robbed me of the chance for some first-turn casualties). In the second half, as is becoming the signature of Rampagers/Destroyers games, a lone Norseman slipped through my line and after a few turns of nail-biting exchanges pulled off a TD through PURE NORSE BULL**** (not my words, the words of Vulfgar the Corruptor, pro Chaos Warrior). In what was left of the game I managed to push through a consolation TD and cut up some Norsemen (having failed to do much more than a stun for most of the first half of the game). They ain't pretty no more.

Thanks for the games, guys!
    Last edited by LCP; 2016-05-07 at 05:39 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yes. Let your betrayal of the Commissioner be taken from our League; May your strip be taken from you, and all of your garb of team colours; Let you be stricken from our hearts and our memories, forever.

In other news, I need to stop using WordPad to write out the list every week, as I make silly mistakes when I forget to turn off Word Wrap....

Have Some Popkhorne (Silfir) vs. Naggarothian Nightmares (Maethirion)
    The Orctodads (legoshrimp) vs. Playboy Plaguemates (Deadline)
    The Shameful Dead (MisterQuiv) vs. The Unsightly Jellyfishes (Lyrakien)
    Team Named Spoon (Grytorm) vs. Goblinization Nation (Darth Mario)
    The Expendables 97 (Unpronounceable) vs. Isla Sauria (Pippington)
    Super Furry Wild Animals (Wraith) vs. Unsseeded Da Curtey Door-chee (Manticoran)
    Those Who Eat Brunch (DSop) vs. Rules Rules Rules (TFT)

Please see the revised list above - you're playing Unpronounceable's Goblins, apologies for the mix up.
    I've spoken with TFT offline, to which he says he no longer wanted to be in the league. I'm not sure if he has said anything here about it, but maybe the admin should check with him? Aside, what should be done about the match?
    Look me up on steam (Dsop53) if you need me!

The Art of Deep requires 3 things:
    -Knowing when to go Deep
    -Knowing how to go Deep
    -Screaming maniacally

27. - Top - End - #117

Gnoman, I've asked on here, I've asked over Steam, I'm asking here again: Our match? I know you've been online, but you haven't responded to me, and time is running short.

Maethirion-Shishnarfne and Unpronounceable-Luzahn are also still outstanding. I know Luzahn hasn't seemed to be around lately, but I'm surprised Maethirion and Shishnarfne haven't got their game in.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Gnoman, I've asked on here, I've asked over Steam, I'm asking here again: Our match? I know you've been online, but you haven't responded to me, and time is running short.

Maethirion-Shishnarfne and Unpronounceable-Luzahn are also still outstanding. I know Luzahn hasn't seemed to be around lately, but I'm surprised Maethirion and Shishnarfne haven't got their game in.
    Just caught up with Luzahn, we'll be playing on the weekend hopefully.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Usually when I post on here I'm in a rush, and half the time I'm online on Steam I'm not actually at my computer - for some reason my computer doesn't like to stay asleep.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

We're onto it, with plans for Sunday night USC.

Also, a reminder that we're coming up on the deadline for the BB2 league, and only one of the four games has been played. How are we coming along with that, guys?
    Last edited by Maethirion; 2016-05-12 at 10:47 PM.
    GitP Blood Bowl 2 League
    This time, in HD