New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Für Adalyse

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Für Adalyse

@Adalyse: How to reach such high mountain ranges with the snow and mists above it?

You probably could, but who knows if you would be able to find the site of impact where Palindurias fell, let alone get some answers.

The Rotten Child fell three hundred years ago and perhaps there is a strong sense of magic around where he did fall, but how long will it take for you to find such pace?

Kannoth mentioned he fell smack in he center of his tribe- which would be where you spoke to Grokhun.

So you could return back into Jottun's Foot or indeed decide to explore the clouded heights of the Giantshield Mountains, but who knows how long that will take.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Für Adalyse

Adalyse directed her mount to return toward the ground. Not only did she not have the means to see through these meddlesome storms, but without her tome, she didn't even have the ability to call upon divinations that would allow her to recognize and extreme areas of magic from a distance. All she could do is wait.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

@Adalyse: You may be able to discern exactly what happened to the Rotten Child if only those storms above did not obscure your vision.

After all, you have powers way above those of anyone on Oerth- perhaps if you found out more about him, you could even depose Palindurias and Arrallae at the same time, thus ending this entire conflict altogether on your own.

You are, after all, eternal. Unbreakable. Not even a deity could even hope to unmake you.

But right now, it would be best to see what Palindurias has in store for you...

It takes hours as your steed whisks away into the mists as you rest in a jagged cave within the valley as the mists take the form of a specter who urges you to follow further down the valley and towards the Throne Room itself.

All the mighty undead are assembled in the room as Palindurias himself plays with Olivia, who sits on his lap and the Slay Mate points at you as Loretta and Charlotte give the briefest of nods while Grokhun smiles as you enter.

"Ah! Well, you have arrived. So, Adalyse- I have pondered on your request over several hours. I will give you my answer shortly, but first... ISIFLIS!""

The sound of heavy wheels can be heard through the mists as a dozen zombies an a pair of ettin skeletons haul a large metal platform with your body strapped in chains as it jostles under the uneven terrain, but never falls, being so well strapped.

Isiflis floats behind it and bows to Palindurias as he gestures at your body.

"My dear Lord of Jottun's Foot, your finest advisor is here. I must say, however- and with all due respect to the Haunting- that working with such poor materials was a challenge at best. Of course, I am a wizard. And so, I excel at Crafting. Something I cannot expect sorcerers to be able to accomplish... not even with eternal life.""

Loretta clenches her fists as Charlotte looks at her and gives her sister a stare down as the Brunhausser noble relaxes her grip.

Isiflis floats towards your stone body and looks at Palindurias.

"With your permission, my lord, I will attempt to explain this Haunting how her new body works in terms that she will hopefully understand.""

Palidnurias looks at the adamantine armor and then at you.

"Go on... and make it quick.""

The lich smiles as his arcane seams pulsate with arcane energy and looks at you and then at your body on the platform, utterly motionless.

"Adalyse, your body was frail, feeble and prone to be unmade at any moment. This comes as no surprise because you probably forged it or had an amateur do so for you. I am stressing the word was, because then, it fell upon my expert hands...""

Isiflis floats towards your body and taps the helmet as a sleek black sheen washes over it. Not a single dent or bump or gash.

"Being adamantine, it will retain its old properties. That should not pose too much of a problem, unless you decide to wade into battle with someone who can dent it. Why anyone who claims mastery of the arcane do so is beyond me, but I digress...

Having bathed this armor in the halls of our Grand King, your body and by extension you will be doubly healed by Negative Energy. This includes spells like the Inflict Line. I am certain you are familiar with them? I surely hope so...

Conversely, Positive Energy spells, like those cast by foolish clerics of gods like the Archpaladin or even Pelor will affect you doubly so. Do you understand this, Haunting?

As a metal body- a construct - The repair line of spells will be just as useful, but not as potent as Negative Energy. If you have anyone that can cast that spell- since your book shows none of them- you should have no problem.""

Isiflis taps your body's chest, where a black rose, just like the one Palindurias etched on you when you first met him, has been beautifully crafted in adamantine.

"This marks you as a member of our Lord's Family, but not only that. If you are ever in a situation where your body would collapse due to terrible tactical decisions made on your behalf, you can call on this power Immediately once per day. Lord Palindurias himself oversaw this as a boon for you if you are to face those fey in that duchy...

You are familiar with the Harm spell? A potent spell used by worthy clerics of Nerull... this version is much better. The Mass Harm spell, which shall radiate forty feet around you. It has been maximized, so it will effectively heal any wounds you have while killing any near the blast.

Spoiler: Palindurias' Cold Embrace
    Show
    12d12 maximized at your current level. Add an extra d12 every time you level up. The DC is 19+ Cha modifier

Loretta raises an eyebrow at Isiflis and then looks at you.

"But what about any living allies she may have nearby?""

Palindurias shushes Loretta and motions for Isiflis to continue.

"As an added reward, you and your armor have been blessed by our Lord's Divine tenacity and personality. Many of us here have been blessed with this and surprisingly... so have you.""

Spoiler: Palindurias' Personality
    Show
    Unholy Toughness- add your Charisma modifier to each HD instead of Constitution

Isiflis looks at one of the Ettins who lifts the armor from the platform, breaking the chains in the process and places your body on the ground.

"Because of our Lord's Divine influx into your new body, clerics of lesser powers like those mentioned before will have a chance to Turn you. If you are unlucky enough, Destroy you. Conversely, clerics of powers similarly aligned to those of Nerull may try to rebuke or even Command you...hehhehehee. Wouldn't that be shameful?""

Palindurias looks at Isiflis and motions at the body.

"That's it?""

The lich looks at you as a poisonous smile draws upon its leathery face.

"That would be all of relevance, my lord. She is ready.""

Palindurias looks at Charlotte, who walks up to you and does a military salute as she hands you a black wooden wand.

"Lord Elvin saw fit that you receive this if you are venturing out to battle. If it is as glorious of a war as I believe it may be, you will certainly have use for it.""

Spoiler: Lord Elvin's Gift
    Show
    Wand of Inflict Critical Wounds - 25 charges left

Palindurias then looks at you and your new body, brimming with negative energy and forged in the deepest recesses of Jottun's Foot.

"You have been given the chance to leave this valley after coming here on your own accord. You will be an example that will have me decide whether the other Hauntings leave or not. Once you are done aiding Arrallae, you will return here. Should your body be broken beyond repair, the mark I have placed upon you will bring you back here and in this valley forever you shall remain. Do you have any questions?''

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Adalyse accepts the wand in silence and bows her head in respect to the General.

After Isiflis makes his announcement, the stone form smiles mockingly. "Masterfully done, Isiflis. Not only have you managed to make a Haunting body, normally completely immune to positive energy, doubly weak to it, but also strip the immunity to any form of mortal domination. I am flattered that you have come to view me as such a threat so soon in our relationship." She circled around the armor, laying a cold, stone hand on the bracer. Adalyse had no doubt that the lich had probably hidden some other enchantments within that would benefit himself, but she would have time to unravel those away from here.

She turned toward the Rotten Child. "I have no questions, Lord Palidnurias." There wasn't much point in arguing terms of this deal. She was sure that the others would undoubtedly have need of assistance as soon as possible and all of the banter simply delayed her return.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

@Adalyse: You listen to the lich's verbose description of what new enhancements have been given to your body and facetiously praise him on having worsened your condition as a Haunting.

The Leader of the Scarlet Cabal rises several feet away from the ground as his stitches release a horrific amount of arcane power.

"You miserable little ingrate! You faceless and cowardly spook! You believe I could ever be threatened by one such as yourself? If you were not under Lord Palindurias' divine auspices, rest assured you'd be bound in chains to your sorry existence under my heel!""

The Rotten Child waves his hand as Isiflis floats to the side, his arcane stitchings deceasing in intensity, but his stare as poisonous and threatening as ever.

"You sure know how to sound menacing when you want to, my dear advisor. Now, I believe Spot needs to be walked. Adalyse, go forth. Go back to your friends and save that elven maiden, Arrallae and the woods she loves so much."

Palindurias looks at your stone body as you seep into your armored one, brimming with Negative Energy.

"This one shall wait for you here."

The Leader of the Scarlet Cabal looks at you from the corner of his sunken eye socket as he disappears into the mists, not before a wry smile draws on his leathery profile.

It is Loretta who walks you out of Jottun's Foot as the ice forms around the entrance to it.

"Go now, Adalyse. Go help bring Light to those who can still bear it. We shall remain here with our Lord. Hopefully the trails that await you will be those you can overcome. when you return, I shall have spoken to our king to have you call forth your own House here. One made of those too afraid to speak their own minds. Good luck. May Wee Jas watch over you.""

And having said that, Loretta Brunhausser flies back into the mists of her poisonous home. Your home now.

As you crush the ice and snow under your adamantine heel, you look around at the devastated town of Hammerbruke and yonder.

How are you going to get back to them?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you, Lady Loretta. For all you have done and shared with me." Adalyse had almost grown accustomed to being able to show emotion through the expressions of the stone statue's face. Her blank mask hid the smile that should have been.

She continued to walk through the snow and ice until she was beyond the borders of the dimensional anchoring that resonated in the valley. Opening the metal-bound book chained to her waist, she flipped the pages to a familiar spell and focused on it's incantation. Teleporting to the group was impossible at the moment, she had no idea where they had moved to.

Instead, Adalyse focused on what she knew best. Her home, the crypts of Justcrown. From there, she could make contact with the town's mages again and, perhaps even Johann's familiar, if he had left it behind again.
    Last edited by Deadguy; 2016-04-09 at 04:01 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

@Adalyse: Loretta bows to you and silently recedes into the mists.

If what Palindurias said is true, you may very well be seeing her and the others again. But before that, you will hopefully have ended this Fey invasion.

The ice clings to your adamantine body as you open your metal book, which has been engraved on the cover with the symbol of Nerull, expertly crafted into the metal and check for the right spell as you look yonder at the frozen road and amidst the howling winds...

The entire valley begins to rumble and so does your body as the white and grey landscape is replaced in an instant into the Cuthbertine catacombs in Justcrown, bereft of light if only because of a single waning torch caught in a mass of cobwebs.

It doesn't take long for the crypts around you, sealed for hundreds of years, to shake and light pounding ca be heard beyond them...

The tremendous influx of Negative Energy used to fuel your new body and the effects of that valley must've awakened these corpses, trapped and feeble, from their eternal slumber.

As you walk towards the secret entrance, you can hear the knocking sounds from the crypts stop the farther you get away from them as you exit towards the Cuthbertine Graveyard.

Mother Mathilda's statue is nearly unrecognizable, covered in a thick layer of ice. The fire of its brazer has long been extinguished and the duchy is blanketed in thick snow, but out in the distance, you can already see the faint sun that is Arrallae, who prays for this winter to not be as severe as Windemere showed you when you first met her.

The streets are largely deserted- nobody wants to walk out in a cold like this. Nobody mortal, that is.

Silas opens the door to his shoppe, covered in blankets and mittens as Xander looks at you and adjusts his spectacles.

Both have a bunch of adventuring gear on a table and are apparently, ready to leave.

The magus walks up to you and places his hand on your helmet.

"It's unnaturally cold, but it seems like it just came out of a forge. Not a single dent! I take it you went into that valley? I am certain you have seen things none of us would be able to withstand, but your nature would make you resistant to it.""

Silas removes his mittens and quilt as he takes out a key ring and begins to lock the school. Enigma, Johann's familiar, flies and lands on the wizard's shoulder as it looks at you through his monocle and caws once as it hops to Silas' other shoulder, attempting to stay away from you.

"Xander and I are on our way to the Fey woods. I have already spoken to Casyllyn and we have divined a location where we can start. We don't know where Johann and the others are, but she says it is a safe place. Besides, she mentioned help would be meeting us there.""

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you for getting me there so quickly. You were wise in leaving immediately, we'll leave it at that." Adalyse thought back to those that she had just left for only a brief moment.

"I will go with you. Hopefully we can either find the group quickly or assist in some indirect way until we can locate them."

The armor stood still in the frigid weather as they locked the doors and were ready to depart.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

@Adalyse: Xander nods as he takes out a small scrying shard.

"It is best if I do not know, then. Silas, do you have everything packed?""

Justcrown's mage places a bunch of boxes, big and small into a haversack.

"Yes, almost done. It has been years since last I adventured. Honestly, I am not looking forward to this, Xander... but we cannot sit idle while others go and risk their lives for us. I can only hope Johann is safe.""

Xander adjusts his spectacles as Enigma flies to the magus' shoulder and this one pets his beak.

"He's a very powerful wizard, Silas. I have no doubt he's keeping the others safe. Are we ready?""

Silas hefts the haversack and looks around his shoppe, making sure to lock a door leading to the basement.

"There is enough coal and firewood to keep my familiar safe. We shouldn't be gone long. Let's do this.""

Xander looks at the shard once more as he lowers his head and shakes a little as you place your black gauntlet on his shoulder as Silas looks at the basement door with more than a little apprehension and sadness.

"See you soon...""

The shoppe begins to rumble and shake as Xander uses his immense arcane power to shift immediately through time & space as the warm wooden building is replaced with fierce snow lands and tall white trees as you stand in front of the Shepherd's Grove.

But something is odd here.

The Grove has been destroyed. Winter Knights and other smaller creatures lie very much dead in the snow as Xander cleans his glasses from the frost.

"This is where we were told to come, according to the divination... but it did not look this way yesterday.""

Silas sneezes as he looks around and chitters his teeth as he rubs his arms together.

"D...D...Definitely not the warmest of places. I should have prepared an endure elements spell for the day.""

Xander smiles as he taps his scroll case.

"I have a few here, my friend. We may have to use one for Enigma as well.""

Johann's Raven is nearly a statue as Silas wraps him between his arms and blows a gout of cold air.

"Well... were do we go now? And what exactly happened in this place?""

It's a male's voice that breaks through the cold as a figure walks up to the three of you and with a wave of his hand clears the hail in front of him:

He's human... as far as you can tell. Dressed in a manner similar to Humbert, but where the paladin's training is devoted to the Heavenly realms, this young warrior seems to receive his blessings from other powers as a beautiful blade is held in his right hand and his left hand glows with magic.

"Master Silas and Xander... thank you for coming. Casyllyn mentioned you would have company. I expected more people.""

Xander smiles as he shakes the young boy's hand as Silas waves quickly as he keeps Enigma and himself as warm as possible.

"The others should already be deeper in the woods by now. She is Adalyse Ren, a very talented sorceress from Justcrown and follower of Wee Jas. Adalyse, this is Reintse Lacore, Casyllyn's most devoted pupil and her most talented.""

reintse blushes and does a respectful bow.

"Well... I don't know if the most talented, but if I am to follow in my father's footsteps, I believe it is only fair that I study under one of his closest friend's guidance. It is an honor to meet you, lady Adalyse. I am familiar with Wee Jas- my father and I traveled a lot around Oerth and had a chance to visit Suel once. Beautiful lands. We sure could use a follower of the Stern lady in this war.""

Silas grabs a scroll from xander and reads it quickly as he stops shaking and pats Reitse on the shoulder.

"You sure have grown, kid. It is good to see you again, but Casyllyn mentioned there would be another with you...""

Reintse clears his throat and whistles towards the destroyed dome as a lithe figure sprints through the snow and stops shy of a few feet from all of you.

A beautiful fey maiden with clear ties to nature as a dark green cloak covers most of her body smiles at all of you and does a courteous bow:

Silas returns the bow as Xander adjusts his spectacles and does the same.

The woman approaches you and stops a few feet away as she looks at you quizzically.

"You are Adalyse, yes? Where are the others? How is Johann?""

Reintse clears his throat and points to her.

"This is Raine, our...newest member at the Western Coven. Casyllyn was fortunate to find her the night prior and she shares as much love for Windemere and the Unseelie as us. Raine is quite talented, if new, at her training, but do not underestimate her. What have you found in the dome, Raine?""

The fey maiden walks with al of you towards the broken grove and points to the interior, where Casyllyn's trees have been thrown about as several Winter Knights hang from the frozen roots and the mound that used to be the Shepherd lies utterly smashed as gigantic footsteps are clearly marked on the snow.

"Casyllyn placed these wards yesterday to protect the Shepherd, but given these footprints and the damage suffered by these Unseelie, well... I think what happened here should be rather obvious- he has been awakened.""

Silas rubs his chin in thought as Enigma pokes his beak from the mage's sleeve.

"I heard that Kazym destroyed the Shepherd when he walked around here a year ago...""

Raine nods and looks at the distant shining star that is Arrallae.

"It would seem that, because we are short on allies, Arrallae has decided to bring forth The Shepherd to aid us in the fight against Windemere. According to Casyllyn, if the Shepherd has been awakened at such a rapid rate, he will still be confused and rampant. It would be best for us to find him before he falls into a trap. His strength should be like the one he had prior to meeting Kazym...maybe even more. He is probably headed to Glacielheim if he retains the memories of his former self, but even a spirit as strong as he would be in danger alone.""

Reintse looks at the giant footsteps and then at the three of you.

"Right now, Johann, Aenar, Humbert, Zephyr, Dietrich and Jacob are in Moruga Swamp, looking for the crazed druid Mug Ruith, who may very well be another ally in this war. We cannot go to Moruga now- the influence of the Bog Queen has them trapped. We can only hope they can slay her and find Mug, so we may rejoin them.

Gigglemug mentioned that two in their group- Hissek and Feathanil were last seen headed north from Moruga, towards a place called Vallantheim, The Hall of Champions, but that place is not one I am aware of. It must be one of the old domains from the First War.

Uwellyn is still in hot pursuit of Ainharil, but she has not responded back regarding her whereabouts or that of the Grey Druid.

Anzaril likewise has not responded to our Sendings, but she should not be too far away from Moruga... however, that is several days past from here.""

Raine steps forth and crosses her arms.

"I volunteer to find Anzaril, Reintse- she may not be liked by Casyllyn and Uwellyn, but she isn't a bad person. Of that, I am certain.""

Reintse looks at Raine and nods.

"Fine. we have a lot of people to rescue as it is. Currently, we have a target- Windemere has brought forth an army of Insoril- Joystealers. These spectral fey...""

Xander raises his hand.

"Oh! I know about Insoril! Ethereal fey that can drain emotions with but a touch, isn't it? Known to sense any kind of emotions at a large range and able to sap them with the Joyless Kiss, yes. In my studies of fey over the years, few are as fascinating as those.""

Silas raises an eyebrow at his colleague.

"Don't you want a date with one of them since you seem to know a little too much about these ghosts?""

Xander chuckles and adjusts his glasses.

"As a follower of Delleb, it is my duty to study every subject I can, my friend. You as a teacher ought to know that already.""

Reintse shrugs and nods.

"Well, yes... that's what they do. However, these Insoril have a leader. One who answers to Windemere directly. Without her, the Joystealers will scatter away. Her name is Uriti, the Joyless Queen. Amongst the Insoril, she is the most devious and dangerous of them all, but if we can deal with her, the Joystealers all over the Fey Woods will follow suit and disappear. This will cripple Windemere's forces tremendously.

The problem is that Uriti is far from any otheotehr locations mentioned. According to Gigglemug, The Joyless Queen inhabits Gloomheim, the Halls of Forgotten Laughter. The Woods have changed much with the Court of Sorrows making its presence known, but I have a rough map that can lead any who wish to go there.""

Silas looks at Xander and you as he notices the giant footprints left by the Shepherd.

"Well, we have a lot of places to go, but little time. I never advise this, but splitting up would not be such a terrible idea- at most two groups...

But who goes where and with whom?""

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

"These Joystealers sound much like incorporeal undead. I am immune to their draining attacks, but I have little in the way of offense against them."

Adalyse glanced around the group to see if they already seemed set on the dividing lines.

"This Shepherd does not know me, and in this form would most likely perceive me as an enemy. I will go against the Joystealers... we should keep at least one skilled in arms and the art in each group if we are to split."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

@Adalyse: Reintse, Raine, Xander and Silas look at the huge destroyed dome and the footprints in the snow.

The young warrior nods as he points to them.

"If what i heard is true, The Shepherd was killed by an undead. If what i heard about you is true, then it is best that I go and find him. Although my training with Casyllyn as a Feyknight has some magic in it, I excel a lot more in the field of battle.""

Silas walks up to Reintse and keeps Enigma tucked in his sleeve as he casts a simple spell to allow flight.

"I haven't been out in the field in years, but you never really forget your training. I will go with you. If we are lucky, we can find Feathanil and Hissek in Vallantheim as well.""

Xander adjusts his spectacles and looks at Raine.

"In that case, Adalyse and I will go with you to Gloomheim. I have studied Insoril in depth- Adalyse shall be able to walk past them utterly unimpeded. In a way, Adalyse, you will provide not only powerful support casting, but also a few seconds of distraction while the fey attempt to drain you. I have a few spells in my repertoire to keep me and Raine safe in case they decide to come after us. I trust you have learned some new spells while traveling to that valley?""

Reintse takes out a map made of old brown parchment and hands it to you. It doesn't contain many names, but it is well drawn and it has several X's marked along a winding path.

"There should be several patrols along the way- mostly frost giants and Winter Knights, but they should not pose much of a problem. Be wary of the one called Gan Ceann, though- we have been told he wanders the many roads laid out randomly. Raine, I trust you to keep Master Xander and Lady Adalyse safe. Remember your training, ok?""

Raine smiles and nods.

"Yes, sir! I can't wait to get some field battle here. Uriti is as good as gone!""

Reintse shakes your hand and Xander's.

"Ok, then. Good luck, you three, Silas and I will go deal with the other fey Windemere has spread out.""

Silas looks at both, but places his hand on Xander's shoulder.

"I will be Sending to Johann as soon as we have covered some major ground. Keep in touch. Be safe.""

And having said that, both Reintse and Silas disappear amidst the howling winds of the Fey Woods, which blanket it all in snow.

Raine skips through the snow and twirls around, unnaturally happy as Xander looks around at the tall trees and many black stone sculptures depicting Windemere and other malefic fey that dot the frozen roads.

"You sure seem rather happy, Raine. This is not exactly a joyful moment. especially not the fey we will be facing.""

Raine leaps on top of one of Windemere's statues and looks at both as she pokes a tail from beneath her cloak and claws grow from her hands, much like a wild cat.

"I am sorry. It's just that I feel bursting with power now! It's hard to explain!""

Xander looks up and smiles.

"A shifter, are you? what exactly can you do?""

Raine leaps down from the statue and reveals a pair of beautiful butterfly wings that escape from beneath her cloak as she lands gracefully on the snow.

"I have some training in the arts of druids, but my real call is sorcery. I can blend both rather well and I can fight. Do not think I am fragile.""

Xander raises an eyebrow as the frost fall mercilessly.

"Not at all, Raine. We will need someone with acute hearing and sense of sight to catch opponents in this terrain.""

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Adalyse clenched her fists at the mention of the Headless Rider. She longed for a rematch, but walked along steadily and solemnly despite the new fey's enthusiasm. She listened to the girl describe her abilities and smiled internally. Three users of the art... this could go smoothly.

As Xander spoke about detecting enemies, she felt it important to share some information. "I can sense any living being within sixty feet of me. Stealth and magic can not cover the pulse of a beating heart."

"If things become bleak, do not be afraid to flee. I have wards preventing my destruction and I will buy what time I can if it comes to that."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

@Adalyse: So Gan Ceann has not been put down yet by the others. No problem.

With the powers gained from Palindurias, the Knight of Blood & sorrow will soon learn the foolishness of his actions against you last time he dared try and break your body.

A vessel not even a deity could even dream to touch.

It would seem Raine is, like you and Xander, a spell caster. And one who can cast like a druid and you. Handy. You have seen Thellin and Hissek in action- they were formidable.

Your powers are formidable by any mortal standards. Never mind Xander's, who has yet to demonstrate his arcane repertoire, but is known to be a pacifist, so who knows.

Xander adjusts his glasses at your mention of beating hearts as Raine head through the frozen roads.

"If you can sense anything that is alive, dealing with the Joystealers and their queen should not be a problem. I only hope we can resolve this quickly and without too much bloodshed. Still... if what Johann mentioned is true, we may have no other choice.""

It takes a few hours as the three of you find yourselves down a thick canopy of frozen trees and several black frozen statues depicting a horned maiden as crows fly overhead and Raine and you stop dead in your tracks...

Several life signatures. Some closer than others as a small patrol of Winter Knights breaks through the snow a few feet away from you and a large beast howls to the sky as it addresses the lot of you:

Spoiler: The Check
    Show
    Know. Arcana to ID this one

"Mortals! Do you not know that these are the roads to Gloomheim? You are forbidden to come here! Surrender and you will be given swift justice....""

Raine smiles and cracks her knuckles as she looks at the massive beast.

"I can promise you it will be swift, alright!""

Xander raises his hand and shakes his head.

"Let us pass. We mean you no harm. We wish to speak to Queen Uriti. Nothing more.""

It's two more life presences that swirl around the trees, speaking in female voices. almost singing.

"A fey, a human, and... a thing? A machine? It must be. You cannot see the Joyless Queen in Gloomheim. You are not even worthy of it! But we can take your bodies and shells to her afterwards. She has the ability to speak to the dead. I am certain you will make great conversationalists that way.""

Xander shakes his head and sighs.

"I should have thought as much...""

And so, back from the Realm of the Dead, you must face again the forces of the Unseelie. You may not have Humbert, Zephyr and the others, but you have powers similar if not greater to Arrallae's at your disposal.

Time to put them to the test!

Map

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

Adalyse
    Joystealers x2
    Xander
    Raine
    Winter Wolf
    Winter Knights x5

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: The maps won't load for me on any of my hardware, so I'll just have to descriptive and you can choose how many targets are affected.

Adalyse flexed her gauntlet. These skirmishes slowed them down and drained resources. Being outnumbered, she knew that they would need as much combat advantage as fast as possible.

She withdrew a piece of licorice from her belt and wove a spell to increase her companions' abilities. As the root's scent floated into their nostrils, the world seemed to crawl.

Activating her belt with the briefest thought, Adalyse was able to further warp the laws of time as she retrieved a hardened drop of molasses. The sickeningly sweet smell filled the noses of her enemies and dulled their senses and made their heads heavy and cumbersome.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Standard Action - Haste (12 rounds)
    Swift Action - activate Belt of Battle (2 charges for standard action)
    Standard Action - Slow (will dc 20 vs 12 rounds - targeting all within 30 feet of each other up to 12 enemies)

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

OOC: I will update the map anyway here, so I can keep track of status ailments/buffs and party movement.

@Adalyse: The opposition seems bigger than you numerically, but you have faced multiple foes before in what seemed like terrifying odds and still you have prevailed.

It's a turn on one of the pearls on your belt as time freezes down to a crawl and you imbue yourself, Xander and Raine with the ability to move at speeds unheard of.

It is then that you point your black gauntlet towards the fey and crunch the molasses in your hand several of them become sluggish, amongst them several Winter Knights and the large wolf.

The Joystealers look at their enforcers and rush amidst the trees towards Raine and Xander, but both are very well protected, as both magus and fey avoid their ghostly grasp.

Xander adjusts his glasses and looks at both.

"I did ask that you leave peacefully. We do not have a quarrel with you. I can only hope that this is used as a message to the rest of your coven.""

Xander focuses tremendous arcane energy as specks of ice siphon into his hand, turning into raw arcane power as his glasses reflect such power and his hair stands on end as a barrage of white spheres of power shoot through the two Joystealers, causing them to yell in tremendous pain as their bodies are washed by the winds.

He cast the Magic Missile spell... and an empowered version of it. No wonder an Ultimate Magus carries such lofty title. Those two never had a chance.

Raine smiles as she watches the Insoril disappear and is quick to act, as she twirls in place and without any sort of gesture, causes a rainbow of tiny fey to explode around the large wolf and winter knight, as the massive furry beast howls and shuts his eyes, clearly blinded.

She cast a Glitterdust spell, but not even as a sorcerer or wizard. She cast this naturally.

And with a laugh, Raine speeds up towards the beast, which cannot even react as she stands amidst it and the Winter Knight, causing Xander to grip his staff.

"Don't be so eager, Raine! We still haven't cleared them out!""

Raine looks back at Xander and shrugs.

"This one is slowed and the other one is blind... what can they do...oops!""

Raine darts out of the way as one of the Winter Knights, slowed by you, tries to cut down the fey caster, but she is able to dodge by a very small margin.

"Ok... probably not the very best idea.""

One of the Winter Knights runs towards you and brings his blade down on your shoulder with a loud clang...

You didn't even have to move from where you stand as you look at the blade and the minute freeze that forms on your shoulder and some cracks show on the fey's weapon.

One of the Winter Knights raises his hand to the skies as the cold coalesces, just like in the battle against Gan Ceann and an orb of pure cold is launched at your body with tremendous force!

Spoiler: Lesser Orb of Cold SLA
    Show
    26 cold damage

Another slowed Knight launches an orb at Raine, who is hit in the back.

Hopefully, she isn't as hurt. Your body should be able to take much of the ice these knights can conjure.

The wold attempts to blindly bite the fey, but Raine sidesteps him as she looks at both of you.

"The more time we waste here, the less time we will have to rescue the others!""

Map

Round 2

Show

Adalyse
    Xander
    Raine
    Winter Wolf
    Winter Knights x5

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

The orb of ice splashed against the armor and Adalyse let out an equally cold laugh at the feeble attempt by the sword.

She took a step back from the swordsman and motioned with her gauntlet in a crushing motion. A massive amount of force was conjured and mirrored her movement, seeking to squeeze the life from the knight and hold it to the ground.

Show

Free Action - 5 ft step
    Standard Action - Telekinesis Grapple check (1d20+19)[31]
    SR check (if needed) - (1d20+12)[29]

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

@Adalyse: You turn your flawless faceplate at the warrior fey, whose blade threatens to crack any moment under the impossibly hard adamantine body, reforged in the hollow heart of Jottun's Foot.

It is fear in the eyes of this petty foot soldier as you effortlessly walk away and lift your hand in the air as a myriad of spectral hands seep from your armor and hold him in a choke hold as the Winter Knight attempts to break free, but the fact you tighten your gauntlet makes sure he will never escape.

You keep your back turned to your prey as your perfectly black sleek body reflects the beautiful fire of Xander's spell further ahead.

The fireball. A basic if very common spell to use here, especially with so many enemies hailing from a court of Ice and Snow.

It's the charred corpses of several Winter Knights, along with that of the large wolf that drop upon the snowy road and the magus adjusts his glasses and sighs as he rubs the burnt bat guano from his hands away.

"Not the most ideal spell, but it was necessary to get us closer to Gloomheim. Raine?""

Raine looks at the fire blossom caused by Xander and then back at the magus.

"You almost caught me in it!""

The fey looks at the two remaining knights with her and waves her hand around as a whip made of kelp snaps against the snow and like a master wrangler, Raine lassoes both fey in the Kelpstrand spell as these struggle to break free, but like your own telekinesis, it is impossible.

Raine looks at you and Xander.

"So what now- we kill them?""

Map

Round 3

Show
    Adalyse
    Xander
    Raine

Winter Knights x3

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

"They deserve no quarter. Xander gave them an opportunity to let us pass and they made a choice."

Adalyse turned back toward her own captive. A metal finger tapped the chin of the faceplace, feigning introspection before she reached in her pouch and retrieved a palm sized crystal. It glows eerily as inky black mist seeps from the cracks of the armor and is absorbed by it.

"Do what you wish with yours. This one... is mine."

The mist filled the once clear crystal until it is as black as onyx. The spectral hands that had just held the knight dissipate in moans of disappointment at letting their captive free. The knight's body shudders and his hands clutch his head as he is assaulted in another way.

Show

Standard Action - Magic Jar (will save 22 vs possession)

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

@Adalyse: Xander looks at both grappled Winter Knights as Raine takes out a dagger.

"Casyllyn said the same thing. And Uwellyn would definitely agree on this. They would not have hesitated, Xander.""

The magus walks a few steps ahead of both and cleans his glasses as the snow keeps falling around all of you.

"Then at least make it quick.""

Raine's spell is extraordinarily strong as She kicks both Knights on the ground and delivers more than one painful stab at their necks before both Knights cease to move.

As for the one with you... he's not getting a quick end.

Drawing a large crystal you direct your black faceplate at the Winter Knight as the ghostly hands release him, only to watch him hold his head and shout to the winds in fear and despair as the crystal in your hands becomes black and a low pulse can be felt from within as the Winter Knight falls dead on the snow, which causes Xander to turn around and raise his eyebrow at you, but remains silent as Raine cleans her blade.

"What did you do to him?""

Map

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

@Adalyse: Being a bound soul and an undead, it is difficult to transfer your being into the Winter Knight, but at least he is out of the battle for good.

Raine and Xander lead the way through the frozen path as several life readings can be detected, but none dare approach any of you.

With Xander blasting them with fire. Raine being able to blind and ensnare them and you able to secure their souls, none of them dare come close to oppose you.

It would seem that the previous engagements have frightened Windmeres' forces away, as several large footprints in the snow would indicate.

Even frost giants will not engage you. At this point, it is safe to say that you alone could end this entire Court by yourself.

The tracks end at what looks like a dead tree, gigantic in size with icy fortifications around it and a large frozen door lined with icicles and flanked by two more of those horned women statues, also frozen and bearing frost all over them.

Raine looks at the structure and then back at both of you.

"This would appear to be Gloomheim, the Hall of Forgotten Laughter. If what Reintse said is true, The Joyless Queen will be inside. Let's not keep her majesty waiting.""

Xander hesitates as Raine begins to open the massive doors, which have been frozen tight, since Joystealers require no doors to move about and raises his hand.

"The Joystealers we fought were not as difficult, Raine, Bit this one is their leader- we must be prepared for a fight... and not one as simple as the one we had earlier.""

Spoiler: Before going in...
    Show
    Buff if needed

Raine kicks the door a few feet in and a gout of cold air washes forth from inside.

"We can deal with them, Xander! Come on! You, Adalyse and myself may be resistant to these creatures, but who knows if Johann and the others will! If we drive her away, it's one less problem for everyone. I am going inside and ending this Insoril.""

You walk through cold marble steps, flash frozen as tall columns depicting beautiful fey have been worked into the stone that supports Gloomheim, the Halls of Forgotten Laughter.

Murals along the walls show a myriad of fey engaged in a tremendous battle- you recognize Uwellyn and Casyllyn amongst them as they fight off familiar faces, like Wihinhilda and Windemere, but there are other scenes expertly painted here.

A group of red haired fey, caught in a a cloudy scene hold heir heads and bow in fear as a Dark Sun hovers above them and and chains drag each fey into the painted mists. as your footsteps echo through the silent halls, barely illuminated by scant light as you reach the end of this small hall and reach a throne room.

This one has tall stairs that lead to a crimson statue of the horned fey seen outside as six Joystealers float several feet above the floor and watch you with a smirk on their faces.

Raine smiles back and readies her hands, which spring claws.

"Whenever you are ready, Insoril! We are here to send you back to whatever gloom realm you belong to!""

It's a female's voice that causes the spectral fey to bow their heads as a far more powerful figure materializes from the statue:

"Is that so, half fey? You three alone come into my domain and expect me to surrender and leave? A hybrid such as yourself DARES address me? I know that one of you is not amongst the living, but that worries me not. I am Queen Uriti, The Joyless. You have made it to Gloomheim, but this is as far as you will go. You will never stop the Eternal Winter that our Divine Herald has begun. As we speak, Arrallae is dying. She will not last long. You and those scattered in the woods will never reach Glacielheim. The three of you are so dedicated even on the face of defeat... why is that?""

There is something different about this Joystealer. She is a fey, yes... but there is a powerful force that emanates from this particular spectral faerie.

Spoiler: The Check
    Show

Knowledge The Planes (trained)

Xander adjusts his glasses and looks around at those fey assembled.

"We did not want to kill those on our way- we gave them a choice. We wish for you to abandon Oerth. Go back to your realm in the Ethereal, where you belong. There does not need to be unnecessary bloodshed, Queen Uritii, please.""

The Joyless Queen looks down at the three of you and laughs as you notice a sapphire embedded on her forehead, which should have fallen to the ground, given her incorporeal nature.

"Leave? Why? We chose to leave Oerth a thousand years ago... it cost us dearly. Now, The Herald of Ice & Snow has given us a chance to redeem ourselves for our actions and there are many young races here since our departure....""

Uriti looks at Raine and smiles as the other Joystealers giggle.

"One of you younger than the rest here. But I wish to hear what the Haunting has to say. Yes- I am aware of what you are. My court believes you to be a construct, but I know better. Tell me, shell- why do you help them?""

Map
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2016-04-15 at 05:13 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

The armor dipped it's head slightly as proper when in the presence of nobility of any faction. When she righted herself again, her voice echoed out of the closed helm of the armor.

"Queen Uritii, you have knowledge beyond many. Even some of those that are allies do not know of my status. I come as a delegate of a third party. Lord Palindurias, the Winter to Lady Arrallae's Summer. As she weakens, he surely grows in power. He is her opposite in every way, but they are connected as family and if she should perish by this court, he and his shall march on this forest.

I do not speak threats, but you know as I, how little the cold and enchantments of fey magic sway the unliving."

She paused a moment and looked toward the paintings once more.

"You say that your leaving cost you dearly, I see this and have some minor understanding. But while you have suffered, you are still free and living. As the wraiths and spectres that you would become, there is no freedom. I help those that would ensure my Lord's desire to keep Arrallae safe and prevent the complete destruction of this place by his hand."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Knowledge: Planes - (1d20+13)[33]

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

@Adalyse: You do a courteous bow and look up at the Joyless Queen as your black armor gets ready.

There is a reason Reintse mentioned this one was their leader. The most powerful. The most devious.

It should not come as a surprise because the Joyless Queen is a half fiend.

Like half fey- offspring of fey and other races or the more common half dragons, half fiends are incredibly powerful.

Direct inheritors to Infernal bloodline by first generation, a half fiend can command terrifying powers from the Nether Planes. The more powerful the half fiend, the more formidable the power.

As a Jotstealer, Uriti is already protected from regular weapons except cold iron.

Her fiendish heritage makes sure only an enchanted weapon can further cause her any harm. Add to this an incorporeal nature, and you get a very difficult enemy for a warrior to battle against.

And because they have an infernal parent, half fiends enjoy a strong measure of resistance towards magic, against elemental magic, and, depending if they choose to engage in combat, to smite the righteous in a mockery of Humbert's own.

And all this before whatever training this fey has undergone.

Queen Uriti floats in place and listens to your educated threat as she looks at her Insoril Courtesans, the paintings on the wall and then back at you.

"A third party, you say? Palindurias... that is an unfamiliar name. A young one, no doubt. The undead do not scare me. They cannot hurt me. You believe cold and enchantments are all that Gloomheim has at its disposal? Little shell: The Herald has powers nobody on Oerth can oppose. Arrallae has managed to stave it off so far, but even she cannot stop the full power Lady Windemere exerts...

You are right that we suffered dearly for our decision in the last war. We shall not make the same mistake. The half fey will have to be put down on principle as the Herald dictates: the result of mortal and fey blood is indeed an abomination.

The human may serve us as a wizard and slave. We always could use one in our court.

And I could have use for one such as yourself in my halls of Forgotten Laughter. Think about it."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

"That offer has been made twice before. And twice before the one making the offer has been run off. I have been to a place where the very air drains life from the living, be they material or ethereal." She holds up the blackened crystal.

"It pulls at the soul and holds it for all eternity. You've sworn to not make the same mistake twice, but hostilities with us would result in greater folly."

Show

Readied Action - Counterspell using Greater Dispel (1d20+12)[28]

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

@Adalyse: Raine clenches her wrists and snarls as Uriti mentions having her killed out of principle.

"You are welcome to try, you ghost freak!""

Xander grips his staff and looks up at Uriti and her Joystealers and shakes his head.

"I am afraid that will not happen. Slavery is not the way the world is ran. And I have seen its shackles run through my homeland. I will not allow you and your Herald to do the same to those here. Return to the Ethereal. Now.""

Then you show the Joyless Queen the receptacle were one of her Winter Knight's souls lay in constant agony as the other incorporeal fey gasp and Uriti smiles and keens her eyes as she looks at you.

"An offer made by fools will be a foolish offer. Nothing more. You could have been a good asset to Gloomheim and by extension the Court of Sorrows that our Divine Herald presides over, but you come to my hall and exclaim that it would be foolish to oppose you...""

Uriti rises several feet from the stone statue from which she emerged as terrible arcane power begins to manifest around her.

"No matter what you are made of, shell... I will break you! Gloomheim will be your permanent tomb.""

Round 1

The Joyless Queen doesn't even need to concentrate as you react immediately, sending out a green spectral hand to shut her mouth and negate any spell she may be casting.

However... the joystealer is not casting a spell. She is using one of the many innate powers granted by her Infernal Birthright!

And as the fey unleashes a wave of malevolence, you realize that this enemy may be a lot more powerful than what you bargained for.

Spoiler: Uriti's SLA
    Show
    Unholy Aura

Raine flies towards Uriti, claws bared as Xander looks at the half fey.

"Watch out, Raine... don't!""

Thanks to her magical wards, Raine is able to strike at the Joyless Queen, but it's merely a scrath as the half fey gets caught in a malevolent energy and Uriti smiles.

"Foolish little half fey- you think I would not be prepared for a whelp like you? Go away.""

Raine is blown back a few feet as her body carves a trench on the polished frozen floors and looks up at the Unseelie, rage in her face.

The Joystealers go immediately after Raine, but none of them are able to land a single blow on the half fey as Xander prepares a very powerful Magic Missile as a blast, not unlike the one that dealt with the Joystealers earlier, barrages Uriti as Gloomheim is riddled with smoke.

The magus fixes his glasses and looks in disbelief as The Joyless Queen floats intact! Not a single scratch on her incorporeal body.

"This isn't good. Uriti has a tremendous measure of spell resistance. More so than I had anticipated. How are we going to deal with her?""

Map

Round 2

Show
    Adalyse
    Uriti, the Joyless Queen
    Raine
    Josyealers x6
    Xander

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

"By targeting her with spells that have no resistance. If you don't have those, eliminate the others so Raine can focus."

Adalyse made a few practiced motions and was immediately overwhelmed with a sickly green aura. That built up arcane energy is focused and condensed into her gauntlet as she makes a grasping motion toward Uriti. Ghostly skeletal hands flow from the armor and fly toward the Joyless Queen in an attempt to rip the stone from her head.

Show

Swift Action - Assay Spell Resistance
    Standard Action - Telekinesis
    Spell Resistance check (1d20+22)[38]
    Disarm Check (1d20+19)[22]

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

@Adalyse: Xander watches the other lesser Joystealers struggle to even scratch Raine as he nods and looks up at Uriti.

"I had surmised she had some level of resistance, being an outsider, but even with Assay, i was unable to pierce her defenses. We need to bring her down fast. Raine! Focus on the Queen! She's the most dangerous target!""

You look up at the Joyless Queen and bring forth a white arrow sigil on your black gauntlet as the spectral hands sift through your polished body and strike the Joyless Queen right on the forehead as the Joystealer wrestles with your own ghostlike power and slaps the hands away.

"You insolent shell! How dare you try and take my Unseelie Sapphire? I will not forgive you. NEVER! And now, all of you get ready and curse whoever sent you here to Gloomheim!""

The Joyless Queen laughs and waves her hands as globules of acid swirl around her and Xander and you find yourselves in an explosion of arcane acid!

The power that this Unseelie commands is brutal! No wonder there was little opposition towards her domain.

Spoiler: Empowered Vitriolic Sphere
    Show
    60 acid damage, reflex DC 25 for half. If the initial save is failed, take 33 acid damage on the following round and 10 acid damage on the round after that. If the initial save fails, you can roll saves to half the secondary damage.

Xander can barely stand on his feet as Uriti immediately calls forth crimson energy into her being as Infernal symbols dot the walls, ceiling and floors of Gloomheim and the fey smiles wickedly.

"There are no gods that can save you this time, mortals! The reign of the Unseelie is ABSOLUTE! Fall into the deepest Pits of Hell...""

The entire room becomes black and crimson as Uriti laughs like a true devil and you watch Xander and Raine being assaulted by a monstrous power.

Worse...even you are subjected to it, despite your unbreakable body and undead nature.

It's a Blasphemy Spell! This monster has simply uttered it and it will severely cripple this battle.

That's when Xander tilts his head back as he uses the powers of the cosmos and moves you and him further back breaking Space & Time.

Xander is clearly in pain as he holds on to his head, but further up the hall, Raine has been the recipient of the full blast as she remains in place, paralyzed, dazed and pale, as her strength has been sapped away.

The Joystealers begin to devour Raine's joy, anger and happiness as Xander grits his teeth and looks at you.

"We... need... to... help her!""

Map

Round 3

Show

Adalyse
    Uriti, the Joyless Queen
    Raine
    Josyealers x6
    Xander

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Adalyse looked down as the acid ate away at parts of the armor. Her senses were blurred for a moment as Xander pulled her from her location to safety. As he motioned to their helpless ally, Adalyse knew what must be done.

With a motion, the armored body phased out of existence and was replaced by the clawed woman. Once Adalyse was within the pack of ethereal opponents, she took a defensive stance and warped time. With the additional moments, she hoped she would be able to snuff out the entire court.

OOC:
    Standard Action - Benign Transposition
    Swift Action - Celerity
    Standard Action - Mass Harm sla - 144 damage (will dc 26 for 1/2)
    Last edited by Deadguy; 2016-04-15 at 08:54 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

@Adalyse: With Xander still under the effects of the Celerity spell, you look down the hall and watch Raine utterly helpless as the Insoril begin to devour her very existence.

You sacrificed your own hundreds of years ago willingly, but this fey child has been caught in the Joyless Queen's grasp and she is not willing to let go of what makes her alive.

It's a single step forward that causes you to disappear in a tuft of shadows.

It's a tuft of shadows that replaces you with Raine as Xander holds on to her down the hall and the Joystealers caress your cold metal body to no avail as you look up at Uriti, Queen of Gloomheim and tilt your helmet backwards as sheer arcane power converges within your mind and then...

Cold. A cold presence not even this Winter could muster as the cries of the Court echo through the halls of Forgotten Laughter and the walls, floor and ceiling become muted shades of grey and black as a ravenous vortex syphons all possible life around you as your armor reveals small slits from which every ounce of precious life force is absorbed and a sphere of utter darkness centers around you as the Insoril attempt to hold without any chance of success to a pillar, wall engraving or even the ceiling, but you know that it is impossible.

Such are the screams and monstrous manifestation of Negative Energy around you that in the chaos of you killing an entire court, you look down the hallway at Xander, who has turned white with fear as a single tear runs down his cheek as he holds to Raine, barely able to move, but her eyes belying a no smaller amount of fright.

It's just a matter of seconds as the last Insoril disappears from existence and your armor rattles as the wave of energy heals you completely and then stops, as you lift your helmet and look around...

Northing.

Every single fey in this hall has had its life snuffed out in less than a second. No wonder the Brunhaussers fell to Palindurias.

And this is just a sliver of his power.

Xander holds on to Raine but does not move from his place as he looks at you, fear in his eyes.

"What was that? I have studied Necromancy, but never have I seen a display such as that before, Adalyse. Frankly, you scare me more than the Court of Sorrows right now, so please understand if Raine and I stay a prudent distance away from you.""

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Adalyse stood silently for a moment, seeming to regain her composure after such a display. She looked back to Xander and nodded.

"I will respect your wishes and keep my distance. All you need to know is that the Lord of that valley has a vested interest in ensuring the Goddess of the Forest lives and has empowered me to fulfill that goal... But it was not given without contract. I have been bound to his court, to return when this war is won... or lost."
    Last edited by Deadguy; 2016-04-15 at 09:51 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

@Adalyse: Xander grips his staff and you notice it has a wand chamber on one end as he begins to heal his wounds, much like a cleric.

Small wonder there- an Ultimate Magus is said to govern all aspects of magic. Even that of the divine.

"I do not know what court you have sworn allegiance to, Adalyse. I never ventured more than into that deserted town, but I truly hope you are never set against us...""

It takes a few minutes as Xander uses a few charges from his wand chamber and Raine resumes control over her body.

"You are like the White Shade they spoke about... like Kazym!""

Xander places his hand on the half fey's shoulder and shakes his head.

"Raine, as a user of magic, you should be aware that there are many ways to make it manifest. I heard Kazym brought much ruin into the Fey Woods, but Adalyse is not like him. We are a group. A team. yes, her powers are... different from what I am used to seeing in battle, but she should not be ostracized because of it.""

Xander heals completely and adjusts his glasses as he smiles at you.

"If your Lord sent you to help, I will have to trust that his motives are not of the ulterior kind. But being bound by a contract... I hope you do not regret whatever it is you signed, Adalyse Ren.""

Raine walks through the now empty halls of Gloomheim and looks around, keeping a wary eye out to you, particularly.

"Well... thank you, Adalyse. You did save me. I would have fallen to those Insoril had you not done what you did. It's just that this place is not one that welcomes the undead or powers derived from them.""

It's a female's laughter that echoes through the entire hall as Xander and Raine look up and eighty feet above, Queen Uriti descends. Her body unscathed as she glows with her unholy aura.

"A very powerful effect, Adalyse. You wiped out my court of Insoril, but you did not get me.""

Xander looks up at the Unseelie and grips his staff.

"How? We saw it all happen! You were all wiped out!""

The Joyless Queen chuckles as she floats around, staying at least twenty feet above ground.

"That blast of negative energy is unlike any I have seen...and I have been around for a very long time. However, at the very last moment, when my court was taken away by this burst, I was able to fend it off by virtue of my Infernal Heritage. I was not sure if you could do it again and, I too bent time to escape the blast and hide in the upper levels of my hall, away from your sight.

I had to watch and be cunning- were you to use that power again, I may not have survived, but alas, you are spent, aren't you? As is Xander and Raine...""

Raine bears claws again as she looks up at the Joyless Queen.

"You want to try again?""

Queen Uriti smiles as her arcane aura glows tremendously.

"This time, I will not be letting any of you go!""

Round 1

It's a sudden explosion of arcane power as Uriti's back draws a pair of translucent sharp purple wings made of raw arcane power as she swirls in place and laughs, striking at the three of you with great magical strength!

"This time, you three are going to perish! You will not send me away. None of you can!""

Spoiler: Wings of Flurry
    Show

63 force damage reflex DC 24 for half damage. On a failed save, remain dazed for 1 round

Xander and Raine have been hit full blast by this tricky fey. Those two may be strong, but right now, their minds are reeling as they are knocked back several feet by Uriti's impressive arcane display.

"We shall see how long you can stay standing, Adalyse. You really thought you had a chance against the Court of Sorrows? Misguided little shell...""

Map

Show
    Uriti, the Joyless Queen
    Adalyse
    Raine
    Xander