New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: The Consortium

1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Consortium

"That was a useful answer, Lieutenant...but not one to the question I asked. And you may ask your next question when you have actually answered the question asked of you. Are you a member of the Consortium, yes or no?"

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamD40 View Post
    No, I would never sacrifice a member of the Templari let alone a Commander or even 2. I assumed that they were both on a mission to infiltrate as I was.

Who do you get your orders from "Commander" and what oath have you sworn?
    "Why, I take my orders from both the Light of Bahamut, and, secondarily, my liegelord Gwenhwyfar. As for my Oath, well- as Executioner, I have sworn an Oath of Vengeance to hunt down and punish any and all traitors."
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

3. - Top - End - #333
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I am not, but my contact was getting me ready to take their stupid oath to join them

4. - Top - End - #334

GreenSorcererElf

Then why do I not sense your holy aura?

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

"Interesting....

Spoiler
    Show
    Is DT showing any insight to the truth of his statements?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #336
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGirl

You lost a lot of blood, maybe it's affecting your senses. Darkflower answers, smirking slightly, from just outside the door, where she is leaning against the wall.

We're supposed to believe a Lietenant would be foolish enough to take the Consortium's oath?
    Last edited by MoonFlower; 2016-04-16 at 08:36 PM.

7. - Top - End - #337

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    they are all truthful. But the thoughts you hear are not his. They seem to be someone else in his head maybe another spell?

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    they are all truthful. But the thoughts you hear are not his. They seem to be someone else in his head maybe another spell?
    Spoiler
    Show
    You meam the ones you told me were all fading? Sure okay.

My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Then why do I not sense your holy aura?
    "It's the result my amulet, which protects me from disease and Evil magic. As a side effect, it blocks attempts to read my Aura." Victoria tilts her head slightly. "And as for your Aura, well..." Her pupils, for a second, flash.
    Spoiler: Action
    Show
    I'll use my Divine Sense to try and detect his Good or Evil.
    Last edited by Professor Gnoll; 2016-04-16 at 08:52 PM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #340

GreenSorcererElf

You sense he is good through to the core.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Hestia Gravecall, Death Cleric of Myrkul
    Hestia just stands in the corner, outside of all the action, merely watching and listening to the interrogation. Strong and overly confident. He shall make a fine undead servant., she thinks to herself. She just smiles and continues to listen to the paladin put a noose around his own neck.

She walks over to Victoria and places a hand on her shoulder, and whispers in her ear, "Fine job, Commander. Victoria feels a surge of power course through her, which seems to help her own powers and abilities. She then wanders back to her place in the corner.

Spoiler
    Show
    Guidance on Victoria's, get a d4 on your next ability roll
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Musician View Post
    Hestia Gravecall, Death Cleric of Myrkul
    Hestia just stands in the corner, outside of all the action, merely watching and listening to the interrogation. Strong and overly confident. He shall make a fine undead servant., she thinks to herself. She just smiles and continues to listen to the paladin put a noose around his own neck.

She walks over to Victoria and places a hand on her shoulder, and whispers in her ear, "Fine job, Commander. Victoria feels a surge of power course through her, which seems to help her own powers and abilities. She then wanders back to her place in the corner.

Spoiler
    Show
    Guidance on Victoria's, get a d4 on your next ability roll
    Victoria flinches slightly at the touch. Her head flicks around. "Don't touch me." She blinks, then recomposes herself. "Gwen. Have any more questions for him?"
    Show

13. - Top - End - #343

GreenSorcererElf

*When reading the Lt.s Thoughts, you notice that the voices are coming into his head, but none are going out.*

You hear one voice: Lt. are you ok, what happened? Respond Lt. He isn't answering.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

"Let's get this all cleared up, then," Gwen said, coming out of her brief reverie. "I am not a member of the Consortium. I know for a fact that Commander Darkflower is not a member of the Consortium. I know for a fact that Commander Victoria is not a member of the Consortium. I know for a fact that Umbra is not a member of the Consortium. I know for a fact that Xavior is not a member of the Consortium. I know for a fact that Fandus is not a member of the Consortium. I know for a fact that Hestia is not a member of the Consortium. I do not know, for a fact, that Vincent is not a member of the Consortium, but this group was gathered as a small group of capable individuals to investigate possible Consortium agents, and if the people that hired the rest of us also hired Vincent, I would assume he is not a member of the Consortium. I think that should cover everybody's concerns about misplaced loyalties."

Gwen stood from her chair, regarding the Lieutenant; she pushed deeper into his mind, trying to figure out if he knew who the voice was. "Lieutenant, I..." She hesitated, as if unsure of what to say. ...be careful, Lieutenant. Infiltrating the Consortium cannot be the easiest of tasks; more than likely, they're a large group of extremely paranoid individuals with nothing to lose. And if we figured out you were acting suspicious this quickly...well, the Consortium's been hiding for 500 years; I imagine they've gotten quite good at it."

"If I were you, Lieutenant, I would make sure that I could absolutely trust my contact...because whoever pointed you towards us as members of the Consortium were either being lead on...or were trying to lead you on. Actually..."
    she added, her tone perking up a bit, "If you would give me the name of your contact, we could go question them as well, determine their loyalties...I'd really rather not leave these kind of things up to chance. You understand, I hope."

"So, who is your 'Consortium Spy', Lieutenant?"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Charm Person should be giving me advantage on social checks against him, including Deception. He should have disadvantage on Insight checks because he believes Gwen failed her save against the Zone Of Truth. Detect Thoughts should make it much easier for me to see if he tells the truth about his contact.

Gwen
    (1d20)[15]
    (1d20)[19]

Lt
    (1d20)[5]
    (1d20)[16]

I don't know what his Insight modifier is, but I hope for his sake that it's at least decent if he was supposed to be infiltrating the Consortium.

My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #345

GreenSorcererElf

I am done looking for the consortium. I just want to go to my tower again.

My contact is Lord Brightmoon.

I'd like to go back to my beer now.

*The wounds from the earlier fight, are beginning to take a toll on him. he starts to nod off and come back too.

Are we done here?

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

"I believe so, yes," Gwen responds, standing from her seat. "Come along everyone, letus depart from thesedreary dungeons. Facing her alloes (with her back to the Lieutenant)she mouthed 'I'll explain later'to them, beforeleavingthe Lieutenant behind.

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #347

GreenSorcererElf

Before you go, I would like to tell you all one thing.

He stands up and puts his sword back in his sheathe across his back.

I truly, am sorry about suspecting you guys. I wasn't honest with you all. I had a spell, that allowed me and my compatriots at the bar to communicate telepathically. I have been hearing them communicate with me but I could not talk back with them. Did any of you guys cast a spell to block that?

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ettin in the Playground

"I am quite certain we haven't", Fandus replies. "Which would mean you have been targeted by someone else. i'd be exceptionally cautious, and keep utterly silent about this conversation, if I were you. For all you know, it might even be your soldiers that are sabotaging you."
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "What's this? A railroad? Well, we better cross it now, or the train will come along and sweep us down the tracks!"

*kills important NPC, avoids entire planned out plot*

19. - Top - End - #349

GreenSorcererElf

My brothers, again I am sorry for assuming you were members of this Evil Cult. Please as a sign of good will, If you ever need anything please reach to me and I will do whatever I can. I know you guys are doing things that others may think "illegal" but you are doing things to help this city come to me and I will try to make them look the other way.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Colossus in the Playground

My brothers, again I am sorry for assuming you were members of this Evil Cult. Please as a sign of good will, If you ever need anything please reach to me and I will do whatever I can. I know you guys are doing things that others may think "illegal" but you are doing things to help this city come to me and I will try to make them look the other way.
    Wait a minute-I thought I smelled something off. Lieutenant, could I see your sword or your ring? Umbra asks.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

21. - Top - End - #351

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Wait a minute-I thought I smelled something off. Lieutenant, could I see your sword or your ring? Umbra asks.
    Why?

Apprehensively he reaches for his ring.But has not taken it of

What use is it to you?

22. - Top - End - #352
    Colossus in the Playground

Not use to me-danger to you, she says, taking his hand and sniffing the ring close.

It smells of dark magic. I recognize the scent, or at least part of it. The ring is almost certainly cursed, and if my suspicions are correct, so might the rest of your magical gear. They can hide the curse amongst the existing magic.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

Victoria subtly raises an eyebrow. Is she trying to...? "I... did notice something odd when I was reading your Aura. But I thought that was merely the Divination spells that had been cast upon you."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGirl

Darkflower, hearing the ruse happening inside, rejoins the group, silently waves her hand over the sword.

Oh...um...

She says, feigning worried surprise as the sword begins to glow a faint, eerie green.

25. - Top - End - #355

GreenSorcererElf

A cursed item?!?!?! We must get rid of them!

26. - Top - End - #356

GreenSorcererElf

My sword too? It was issued by the city. This is very troubling......

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

yuk Re: The Consortium

Victoria steps forward. "Please, calm down. We don't know if they're cursed yet. Now, if they really are cursed, they probably have some kind of trigger- probably related to combat, or spellcasting. Perhaps if I..." Victoria steps forward and puts a finger to his breastplate. A hum of magical energy fills the air, and dark energy swirls about his 'cursed' items.
    Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Cast Bestow Curse, choosing the 'Take a Wisdom saving throw or do nothing every round' variant.

Victoria nods grimly. "As I thought. This curse would have activated as soon as a Consortium member attacked you. It would have crippled you in a fight."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358

GreenSorcererElf

Do you know how to remove curses? I can pay. I need this armor it's been in my family since before the fall.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Do you know how to remove curses? I can pay. I need this armor it's been in my family since before the fall.
    Victoria nods. "I should be able to do it. Give me the sword, ring and armour, and I'll get them home and remove the curses. There's a slight possibility it won't work, but... you don't really have a choice but to take that risk."
    Show

30. - Top - End - #360

GreenSorcererElf

I guess......

As he begins to put his armor in your bag. He starts to seem a little worried.

Please take care of it, the armor is extremely important to me.

He finishes taking off his armor and walks out , heading up to the surface