New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Ponaria: Symphony of the Neigh [IC II]

Crossguard doesn't write, but instead snuffs her candle with magic, and yawns. "Sleep well, everypony." She goes to sleep after pulling her blanket up.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

2. - Top - End - #62
    Spamalot in the Playground

As Spirit and Frost sleep, they enter a shared dream. It is a small study, poorly lit, but comfortable, with plush chairs and shelves full of blank books. There were no windows, only a single door that is open. In through the door walks in the Master Librarian.

She pushes the pair of glasses on the bridge of her nose up and frowns. "Hmm, only two... well, I suppose it'll do for now." She claps her hooves and a tray with tea and crumpets appears from the ether and floats in front of Spirit and Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    Crossguard doesn't write, but instead snuffs her candle with magic, and yawns. "Sleep well, everypony." She goes to sleep after pulling her blanket up.
    Crossguard finds herself at a doorway to a windowless study. She can see Frost, Spirit, and the Master Librarian inside. The Librarian turns and nods to Cross. "Ah good. So at least half of you have passable bed times."

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    Spoiler: ...dreaming?
    Show
    Beryl feels the stare of the pony. "Hello?" she hears herself call out. "Can I help you with something?"
    Spoiler: Dream Walker
    Show
    "There is no 'Me' to be helped, Beryl," the mare stated. "We are an extension of your subconscious memory. We are you from ages before. We. Are. One."

At this point, another pony came into view. He was middle-aged and donned in weathered chainshirt with a heavy dark-green cloak over him. He pulled the hood back to reveal a charcoal coat with flecks of gray hairs. "You have reached an important crossroad in your journey, Beryl. You have been at this crossroad many times before, although you did not remember until now. It is time to take up the mantle once again. The cycle begins anew."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2016-04-25 at 05:28 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Crossguard finds herself at a doorway to a windowless study. She can see Frost, Spirit, and the Master Librarian inside. The Librarian turns and nods to Cross. "Ah good. So at least half of you have passable bed times."
    "Thank you, Master Librarian. So, we're still waiting for Beryl, Trace, Midnight, and Ace, it seems."
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

As Spirit and Frost sleep, they enter a shared dream. It is a small study, poorly lit, but comfortable, with plush chairs and shelves full of blank books. There were no windows, only a single door that is open. In through the door walks in the Master Librarian.

She pushes the pair of glasses on the bridge of her nose up and frowns. "Hmm, only two... well, I suppose it'll do for now." She claps her hooves and a tray with tea and crumpets appears from the ether and floats in front of Spirit and Frost.

Frost grabs a crumpet without really thinking about it. He eats the whole thing, chewing slowly before swallowing. Then, after brushing the crumbs off his hooves, he clears his throat.

"What."
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spirit looks down at the cup of tea, and attempts to will the black liquid into a much more palatable cup of spiders. If he's dreaming, why not have at least have the amenities of home on hand?

He looks up at the Master Librarian and gets straight to business. "So. Master Librarian, why didn't you tell us about Valiance the Grey's involvement with the Brotherhood? Or about the relics of the failed lich that the Brotherhood seems to be looking for? Such knowledge might have been invaluable earlier today." Then he realizes something. "Wait, can you get Azurah into this dream as well? It would save us two days of travel, and mean that we'd not have to ferry information between the two of you later on."
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Dream Walker
    Show
    "There is no 'Me' to be helped, Beryl," the mare stated. "We are an extension of your subconscious memory. We are you from ages before. We. Are. One."

At this point, another pony came into view. He was middle-aged and donned in weathered chainshirt with a heavy dark-green cloak over him. He pulled the hood back to reveal a charcoal coat with flecks of gray hairs. "You have reached an important crossroad in your journey, Beryl. You have been at this crossroad many times before, although you did not remember until now. It is time to take up the mantle once again. The cycle begins anew."
    Spoiler: Dreams of a Pretty Pink Pony
    Show
    Beryl is staring in awe. A voice speaks, it is her own. "You're... me?" she listens as the obvious question echoes. Again the pink voice speaks "What mantle? What cycle?" A floating thought somewhere tell Beryl that these ponies are to be trusted even if what they say is strange.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Crossguard levitates a cup of tea with her magic and sniffs it. "Smells like a... Pegasus blend, if I'm correct." Crossguard says, and sips it. "Thank you."

8. - Top - End - #68

Spoiler: Dreams of a Pretty Pink Pony
    Show
    Beryl is staring in awe. A voice speaks, it is her own. "You're... me?" she listens as the obvious question echoes. Again the pink voice speaks "What mantle? What cycle?" A floating thought somewhere tell Beryl that these ponies are to be trusted even if what they say is strange.
    Spoiler: Dreams of the Pinkiest Pretty Pony
    Show
    The water below Beryl bubbles softly, but instead of her reflection, it is of a minty-green Crystal Pony. As the bubbles pop they release their lexicon. "Your cycle, Heliodor of the Twelve Peers. You have walked the world many times and have taken many names... or have you forgotten them? The Precursors, the Star Children, the Palad... you are of an ancient order destined to hold back the darkness from veiling the world."

The tall mare appeared beside Beryl. "Darkness threatens to return to these lands. Use our knowledge. Wield it as your saber, and bring peace to the land once more as you did before. You need but to just ask the right questions."

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Frost grabs a crumpet without really thinking about it. He eats the whole thing, chewing slowly before swallowing. Then, after brushing the crumbs off his hooves, he clears his throat.

"What."
    Crossguard levitates a cup of tea with her magic and sniffs it. "Smells like a... Pegasus blend, if I'm correct." Crossguard says, and sips it. "Thank you."
    "But of course." The Master Librarian drank from an empty cup. "I must be brief- A powerful binding of cursed magic has been severed this night, and I fear it is where you all currently sleep. I fear, because that magic was meant to hold something, to lock it away forever. I must go... 'research' something, but you are welcome to the library at the college here if you wish to return. I'll see to it that Ivy tends to your needs."

Quote Originally Posted by Fable Wright View Post
    Spirit looks down at the cup of tea, and attempts to will the black liquid into a much more palatable cup of spiders. If he's dreaming, why not have at least have the amenities of home on hand?
    It works!

He looks up at the Master Librarian and gets straight to business. "So. Master Librarian, why didn't you tell us about Valiance the Grey's involvement with the Brotherhood? Or about the relics of the failed lich that the Brotherhood seems to be looking for? Such knowledge might have been invaluable earlier today." Then he realizes something. "Wait, can you get Azurah into this dream as well? It would save us two days of travel, and mean that we'd not have to ferry information between the two of you later on."
    "I have my reasons! I must go now, time is limited. Azurah is likely on a hunt this night and cannot be reached by dream-walking, but I'll send word by my magic of what occurred. You must find out where the Brotherhood plans to strike next and stop them by any means necessary."

The Master Librarian suddenly jerks her head to the right and looks off into the distance, as if viewing something you cannot perceive. She quickly gets up and gallops out the only door in haste. As soon as she is through, she vanishes, leaving you all alone in the shared dream.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Crossguard nods. "We shall rout them as the dawn routs the night."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Dreams of the Pinkiest Pretty Pony
    Show
    The water below Beryl bubbles softly, but instead of her reflection, it is of a minty-green Crystal Pony. As the bubbles pop they release their lexicon. "Your cycle, Heliodor of the Twelve Peers. You have walked the world many times and have taken many names... or have you forgotten them? The Precursors, the Star Children, the Palad... you are of an ancient order destined to hold back the darkness from veiling the world."

The tall mare appeared beside Beryl. "Darkness threatens to return to these lands. Use our knowledge. Wield it as your saber, and bring peace to the land once more as you did before. You need but to just ask the right questions."
    Spoiler: Dreaming in Pink
    Show
    Silence reigns for a moment. This was much to take in. Many thoughts swirl around Beryl. They said "Palad" this was what Spirit said. They want questions... the right questions?

"I did forget, but a friend told me of the Palad." Beryl's voice says. "I apologize, what order are we talking about?" but Beryl immediately thinks that the name might not be that important. She thinks that many questions could be asked, but not a lot seem urgent. One question floats above all the others. "What must I do?" it hangs in the air, looking for a followup "What DID I do?"

Despite being told a lot, Beryl doesn't feel overwhelmed. It's... more of a reminder of something she didn't know, as paradoxically as that seems.

11. - Top - End - #71

Crossguard nods. "We shall rout them as the dawn routs the night."
    Crossguard's tea cup is mysteriously full again.

Spoiler: Dreaming in Pink
    Show
    Silence reigns for a moment. This was much to take in. Many thoughts swirl around Beryl. They said "Palad" this was what Spirit said. They want questions... the right questions?

"I did forget, but a friend told me of the Palad." Beryl's voice says. "I apologize, what order are we talking about?" but Beryl immediately thinks that the name might not be that important. She thinks that many questions could be asked, but not a lot seem urgent. One question floats above all the others. "What must I do?" it hangs in the air, looking for a followup "What DID I do?"

Despite being told a lot, Beryl doesn't feel overwhelmed. It's... more of a reminder of something she didn't know, as paradoxically as that seems.
    Spoiler: Pink Dreams May Come
    Show
    "You must pick up where you have left off, Heliodor. The Temple of Dusk in Arendale," the stallion said. "Will you pick up where you have left off? Will you continue your quest against the returning darkness?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

"But of course." The Master Librarian drank from an empty cup. "I must be brief- A powerful binding of cursed magic has been severed this night, and I fear it is where you all currently sleep. I fear, because that magic was meant to hold something, to lock it away forever. I must go... 'research' something, but you are welcome to the library at the college here if you wish to return. I'll see to it that Ivy tends to your needs."

"I have my reasons! I must go now, time is limited. Azurah is likely on a hunt this night and cannot be reached by dream-walking, but I'll send word by my magic of what occurred. You must find out where the Brotherhood plans to strike next and stop them by any means necessary."

The Master Librarian suddenly jerks her head to the right and looks off into the distance, as if viewing something you cannot perceive. She quickly gets up and gallops out the only door in haste. As soon as she is through, she vanishes, leaving you all alone in the shared dream.
    Frost sits quietly while the Librarian talks. He grabs a cup and is about to take a sip when he sees Spirit's cup suddenly fill with spiders. He promptly throws the cup behind him.

When the Librarian leaves, Frost gets up. "Well, that was... a thing that happened. Next time I think I'd prefer a sending spell. Now, hopefully I have time for a proper dream." He then proceeds to the open door, assuming it will let him exit.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73

Spirit takes a sip from his cup of spiders, enjoying the crunch and venom, before willing the dreamscape around him, in the hopes of adding additional comforts. Like a window. And a volcanic landscape outside. Maybe a few lava flows drifting by the window. "It seems like we've stumbled across something much bigger than it appears. We've entered a tarn, only to find that the vent below hasn't died out." He smiles peacefully. "Normally, I'd have few problems with this 'Brotherhood.' But a smelting like this doesn't happen often, and the opportunities limitless; Crossguard, you can count on my aid, for now."
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Pink Dreams May Come
    Show
    "You must pick up where you have left off, Heliodor. The Temple of Dusk in Arendale," the stallion said. "Will you pick up where you have left off? Will you continue your quest against the returning darkness?"
    Spoiler: Pink Dreams, in Stereo where available!
    Show
    The question lingers in the air. Big questions. Fate. Destiny. Light and darkness. But... Beryl is just a mere baker? Can she even...? Wha would her family think..? Is she even worthy?

Beryl's voice speaks, a tone of doubt has entered it. "I-" but something happens that interrupts it. Another pink voice?

"Oh, COME ON!"

The voice pierces the dark, snapping Beryl out of her doubts, who is this? She looks around, and finds... a little pink filly strawberry-red mane, and piercing green eyes staring directly into her own. she knows this filly, it is herself. The filly looks like it has cried recently.

An accusation! "Are you REALLY going to turn this down!?"
    A reply "But... all those dead ponies. I couldn't save them. I'm no hero. Just a baker playing at one."

The filly pouts. "Not a hero? Want to ask Rita who you pulled out of despair?" An image of Rita smiling appears in the dark. "Want to ask Ace, who you saved from the Brotherhood doing who knows what to him?" An image of Ace hugging Beryl from earlier tonight appears. "Or how about the ENTIRE TOWN OF KOLDSTONE, which wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you?" Suddenly, the area is filled with images of ponies all smiling tiredly at Beryl. "Face it, you ARE a hero! To all of these ponies, and to all you'll help in the future!"

A smile and a tear finds themselves on Beryl's face. She can't deny any of this. "But... I couldn't save everypony. Ponies died because I was too slow!" she weakly retorts.

The filly jumps at Beryl and hugs her. "I love that you care. But don't despair. If you do... the darkness won. Mourn them if you must, save them if you can. But press forward. Be a light. A protector. An example. An inspiration. Show everypony that even when the darkness comes, things aren't as bad as they seem."

A realization "...like I've always been doing." And a question. "Who are you? I wasn't like this as a foal."

"I am you. I am who you'd be if you hadn't forgotten. If that terrible night never happened." the foal giggles a little "But you know what's funny? I think you'll be a better hero than I could ever have been. Because you DO care!"

A resolve! "Right!" Beryl looks around the room, not only surrounded by herselves of the past once more. "I can count of all of you, who are me, when we do this?"

"Then let's do this!"

The foal is smiling, and the grown pink crystal pony has a look of determination on her face.

15. - Top - End - #75

Spoiler: Pink Dreams, in Stereo where available!
    Show
    The question lingers in the air. Big questions. Fate. Destiny. Light and darkness. But... Beryl is just a mere baker? Can she even...? Wha would her family think..? Is she even worthy?

Beryl's voice speaks, a tone of doubt has entered it. "I-" but something happens that interrupts it. Another pink voice?

"Oh, COME ON!"

The voice pierces the dark, snapping Beryl out of her doubts, who is this? She looks around, and finds... a little pink filly strawberry-red mane, and piercing green eyes staring directly into her own. she knows this filly, it is herself. The filly looks like it has cried recently.

An accusation! "Are you REALLY going to turn this down!?"
    A reply "But... all those dead ponies. I couldn't save them. I'm no hero. Just a baker playing at one."

The filly pouts. "Not a hero? Want to ask Rita who you pulled out of despair?" An image of Rita smiling appears in the dark. "Want to ask Ace, who you saved from the Brotherhood doing who knows what to him?" An image of Ace hugging Beryl from earlier tonight appears. "Or how about the ENTIRE TOWN OF KOLDSTONE, which wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you?" Suddenly, the area is filled with images of ponies all smiling tiredly at Beryl. "Face it, you ARE a hero! To all of these ponies, and to all you'll help in the future!"

A smile and a tear finds themselves on Beryl's face. She can't deny any of this. "But... I couldn't save everypony. Ponies died because I was too slow!" she weakly retorts.

The filly jumps at Beryl and hugs her. "I love that you care. But don't despair. If you do... the darkness won. Mourn them if you must, save them if you can. But press forward. Be a light. A protector. An example. An inspiration. Show everypony that even when the darkness comes, things aren't as bad as they seem."

A realization "...like I've always been doing." And a question. "Who are you? I wasn't like this as a foal."

"I am you. I am who you'd be if you hadn't forgotten. If that terrible night never happened." the foal giggles a little "But you know what's funny? I think you'll be a better hero than I could ever have been. Because you DO care!"

A resolve! "Right!" Beryl looks around the room, not only surrounded by herselves of the past once more. "I can count of all of you, who are me, when we do this?"

"Then let's do this!"

The foal is smiling, and the grown pink crystal pony has a look of determination on her face.
    Spoiler: Perchance to Dream
    Show
    The various memories of the past gather around Beryl and begin reciting an oath from days long past antiquity. It is strange yet so familiar to Beryl. As if she has recited it dozens of times before.

"Kindle Inspiration," speaks the tall armored mare. "Through acts of mercy, kindness, and forgiveness I will inspire the light of hope in the world to beat back despair."

"Protect the Light," the graying stallion says. "Where there is good, beauty, love, and laughter in the world, I will protect the light from the wickedness of hate."

"Preserve Confidence," the bubbling reflection recites. "I will keep song and laughter, beauty and art within my heart. Without the light of hope, I cannot inspire others to stand tall."

"Be an Example!" the filly Beryl shouts bravely. "I will be a heroic beacon to light the way for all who live in shadow! The light of my joy and courage will shine forth in all my deeds!"

Frost sits quietly while the Librarian talks. He grabs a cup and is about to take a sip when he sees Spirit's cup suddenly fill with spiders. He promptly throws the cup behind him.
    Although the cup clatters around on the floor and ends up on its side, not a drop is spilled.

When the Librarian leaves, Frost gets up. "Well, that was... a thing that happened. Next time I think I'd prefer a sending spell. Now, hopefully I have time for a proper dream." He then proceeds to the open door, assuming it will let him exit.
    The door leads into the darkness, but the scent is familiar. It smells acutely of the longhouse he was in. Frost can almost make out the dim embers in the fireplace.

Spirit takes a sip from his cup of spiders, enjoying the crunch and venom, before willing the dreamscape around him, in the hopes of adding additional comforts. Like a window. And a volcanic landscape outside. Maybe a few lava flows drifting by the window. "It seems like we've stumbled across something much bigger than it appears. We've entered a tarn, only to find that the vent below hasn't died out." He smiles peacefully. "Normally, I'd have few problems with this 'Brotherhood.' But a smelting like this doesn't happen often, and the opportunities limitless; Crossguard, you can count on my aid, for now."
    There is a faint rumble heard outside, like the slow rumble of a volcano... yet no portal or pane of glass appears on the wall. It would seem that the Master Librarian doesn't do windows.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Perchance to Dream
    Show
    The various memories of the past gather around Beryl and begin reciting an oath from days long past antiquity. It is strange yet so familiar to Beryl. As if she has recited it dozens of times before.

"Kindle Inspiration," speaks the tall armored mare. "Through acts of mercy, kindness, and forgiveness I will inspire the light of hope in the world to beat back despair."

"Protect the Light," the graying stallion says. "Where there is good, beauty, love, and laughter in the world, I will protect the light from the wickedness of hate."

"Preserve Confidence," the bubbling reflection recites. "I will keep song and laughter, beauty and art within my heart. Without the light of hope, I cannot inspire others to stand tall."

"Be an Example!" the filly Beryl shouts bravely. "I will be a heroic beacon to light the way for all who live in shadow! The light of my joy and courage will shine forth in all my deeds!"
    Spoiler: Dream of a Lifetime
    Show
    Beryl finds herself confident like she never was before. She knows those words, and yet feel urged to repeat them.

"Kindle Inspiration!" she begins "Through acts of mercy, kindness, and forgiveness I will inspire the light of hope in the world to beat back despair."

Her body flashes, with a warm glowing light from the inside.

"Protect the Light!" Beryl continues "Where there is good, beauty, love, and laughter in the world, I will protect the light from the wickedness of hate."

Another pulse of the glow appears.

"Preserve Confidence!" she responds "I will keep song and laughter, beauty and art within my heart. Without the light of hope, I cannot inspire others to stand tall."

Her body now glowing like when touching the Crystal Heart.

"Be an Example!" the adult Beryl shouts back. "I will be a heroic beacon to light the way for all who live in shadow! The light of my joy and courage will shine forth in all my deeds!"

Beryl's eyes start glowing a bright green.

"For I am Beryl Bakestone, she who was Heliodor of the Twelve Peers, of the Star Children, of the Palad! I will continue our quest against the darkness!"

The glow inside Beryl's body increases rapidly.

"This I swear!"

And then all was light. A golden-pink light spreads from Beryl, enveloping all, shooing away the darkness in the very dream. She finds herself standing in an infinite plane of white, all alone. Almost...

"That was so awesome! Come on, the others are waiting!"

Beryl finds herself pointing to her back, and her foal self gladly hops on. Whatever the road brings, she won't have to face it alone. For she is Beryl, inheritor of Heliodor of the Twelve Peers.

"...yes, we do have to come up with a shorthand for that, but come on already, we need to get going!"

And so they went ahead, into the light...

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Crossguard drinks her tea, and smiles. "Thank you, Master Librarian. I apologize for grazing and galloping, but I must take my leave."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

The door leads into the darkness, but the scent is familiar. It smells acutely of the longhouse he was in. Frost can almost make out the dim embers in the fireplace.
    Frost grumbles and allows himself to drift back to sleep, hoping to dream of magic and dragons and cups that are completely devoid of spiders.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

By the time Midnight arrives at the longhouse, everyone else is fast asleep. One young colt had proven a lot trickier than he had expected, especially once he had exhausted his ability to heal wounds directly. And a background in battlefield medicine and cleaning wounds wasn't exactly what he needed to treat a bad cough. But all the same, he felt like he had done a fair job. Now he just wanted to get to sleep.

He takes off his new armor as quietly as he ca, placing it next to his old scale mail. He would have to figure out something to do with that. Tomorrow.

Resting comfortably among the rafters of the longhouse, Midnight quickly drifts off to sleep.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

20. - Top - End - #80

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    He takes off his new armor as quietly as he ca, placing it next to his old scale mail. He would have to figure out something to do with that. Tomorrow.

Resting comfortably among the rafters of the longhouse, Midnight quickly drifts off to sleep.
    Midnight has no strange dream. In fact, there are vague scenes of him with Rita in the kitchen, cooking together as she hums a sweet melody. The picture of serene rest. Midnight awakens the next morning refreshed.

Frost grumbles and allows himself to drift back to sleep, hoping to dream of magic and dragons and cups that are completely devoid of spiders.
    Crossguard drinks her tea, and smiles. "Thank you, Master Librarian. I apologize for grazing and galloping, but I must take my leave."
    Willing yourself back to sleep or awake seems to do the trick, as you feel yourself slowly pulled away from the shared dream...

And so they went ahead, into the light...[/SPOILER]
    ...and then a bright day glowing pink pony with a smaller brighter oh my Solaris it's like carrying the sun pink pony on her back bursts through the shared dream like a charging rhino shining like a million torches at once and shatters the dream faster than a bolt of lightning flashing brighter than bolts of lightning are bright and everyone suddenly finds themselves awaking with the morning sun in their face peeking through the windows of the longhouse brighter than whatever metaphors left I haven't used that basically describe getting a sunrise in the face!!

Except for Midnight, he got the one bed spared from the glare.

Also, Crossguard finds a tea cup on her bed. There is still a few cold drops of pegasus tea in it.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #81

Spirit wakes up and stretches. "As I thought. We are in a scalding tarn, and rapidly undergoing metamorphism." He walks over to the fireplace with a small grin on his face, utters a word to light it up once more, stands a small glass vial upright next to it and secures it in place with his packs, before turning into a small golden-black frog and hops in the vial, aiming to sweat small amounts of toxin into the vial before hopping out. Then he stoppers this, too, before carefully putting it into his herbalism kit alongside the other toxins he's collected, before turning into yet another venomous snake and milking himself for venom in a sixth vial.

That done, he sighs contentedly, and turns to the party. "Do you believe we can reach Basuto by tonight? If so, I've a few messages to send out this morning, and I'll need some volunteers to try and negotiate with a vampire spawn."
    Last edited by Fable Wright; 2016-04-26 at 07:28 PM.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

As Beryl wakes up a voice echoes through her head "Sorrrrryyyy..." She climbs out of bed and stretches.

Apart from that bit of morning weirdness, Beryl is feeling fine. She's feeling great. Absolutely... radiant? "...am I glowing?" she says quietly as she holds up a hoof to her face. It is, in fact, glowing. Looking around, she notices that the light around her comes from her. "Okaaaay... Did anypony put the Crystal Heart in my bed when I was sleeping, or is this something else?" she asks out loud, not really expecting an answer.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

"As I thought. We are in a scalding tarn, and rapidly undergoing metamorphism."
    Frost wakes up, groggy as always. "...what does that even mean?"

He picks up his "spell book" from the bedside table and looks at it. "Hmm. No, that bit's wrong... This rune goes here... This sylable should be a hard 'shk' sound..." Eventually, he stops, having drawn a magic circle on another page.

"Cherub, I want to try something out. Mind helping me, buddy?" He sits Cherub in the centre of the circle and begins quietly chanting a few magic words.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Beginning the spell to make Cherub my familiar.
    Last edited by Beacon of Chaos; 2016-04-27 at 04:48 AM.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84

Apart from that bit of morning weirdness, Beryl is feeling fine. She's feeling great. Absolutely... radiant? "...am I glowing?" she says quietly as she holds up a hoof to her face. It is, in fact, glowing. Looking around, she notices that the light around her comes from her. "Okaaaay... Did anypony put the Crystal Heart in my bed when I was sleeping, or is this something else?" she asks out loud, not really expecting an answer.
    He walks over to the fireplace with a small grin on his face, utters a word to light it up once more, stands a small glass vial upright next to it and secures it in place with his packs, before turning into a small golden-black frog and hops in the vial, aiming to sweat small amounts of toxin into the vial before hopping out. Then he stoppers this, too, before carefully putting it into his herbalism kit alongside the other toxins he's collected, before turning into yet another venomous snake and milking himself for venom in a sixth vial.
    "Mmm, Jasmine... your friends are up..." says a deep voice from Ace's bed, far lower in octave than how the colt sounds. Sitting up from under the blankets is the inn's cook, a chubby but clean-looking stallion of brown coat and black mane. He is stunned to see Beryl glowing, and saddened that this 'Jasmine' isn't in the bed with him.

And then seeing a snake milk its own venom pretty much sets him off. "WHAT THE?! YoU aLL- WitH THe- aND GaTOr- Ahh!!"

He falls off the bed with a loud thud against the floorboards. The stallion scrambles up on his hooves and races to the door, bumping into beds and chairs on the way out. "That's okay sorry to bother you all excuse me!" *SLAM*

Ace is not inside the longhouse.

"Cherub, I want to try something out. Mind helping me, buddy?" He sits Cherub in the centre of the circle and begins quietly chanting a few magic words.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Beginning the spell to make Cherub my familiar.
    Squeak? Frost's incantations seem to have an affect on Cherub. The little fire burns the necessary ingredients well and there is a soft glow around the (slightly confused) mouse.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Mmm, Jasmine... your friends are up..." says a deep voice from Ace's bed, far lower in octave than how the colt sounds. Sitting up from under the blankets is the inn's cook, a chubby but clean-looking stallion of brown coat and black mane. He is stunned to see Beryl glowing, and saddened that this 'Jasmine' isn't in the bed with him.

And then seeing a snake milk its own venom pretty much sets him off. "WHAT THE?! YoU aLL- WitH THe- aND GaTOr- Ahh!!"

He falls off the bed with a loud thud against the floorboards. The stallion scrambles up on his hooves and races to the door, bumping into beds and chairs on the way out. "That's okay sorry to bother you all excuse me!" *SLAM*

Ace is not inside the longhouse.
    "Spirit! You broke the cook! Don't do that." Beryl thinks she perhaps is a little too desensitized to Spirit's... Spiritness already. "I'll go talk to him. Just... continue whatever you're doing."

Beryl sighs a bit. So it's going to be one of those days... She swears she can almost hear a little foal laughing inside her mind. Definitely one of those days.

She heads outside and tries to find the cook, hoping he hasn't just taken off in a panic. She walks up to him and asks "Hey, you okay there? You'll have to excuse the snake-thing. That's Spirit, our Shaman. He... has no sense of when it's right to turn into creepy things. Like a giant spider in the middle of town, or a snake before breakfast..."
    Last edited by McNum; 2016-04-27 at 07:55 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86

Frost wakes up, groggy as always. "...what does that even mean?"
    Spirit stretches while thinking of a good way to respond without taking an afternoon. After a while, he's settled on something. "Once upon a time, when the world was first formed, the world was much different. Every bit of land that wasn't covered in boiling oceans was covered in volcanoes. Only a few things could live in this land, but all of them were filled with such overwhelming power they could force the land into their way. Those that could survive were known as the Eight Primordial Beings, and how each of them survived turn into a school of magic on its own."

Packing up his healing kit, he continues. "Over time, that power wore away. Volcanoes were ground to sand, the seas cooled, and weaker life could exist. Today, there are very few volcanoes, but we can see where they were. For example, a lake that forms in the mouth of an old volcano; this is a tarn. Once in a blue moon, the dead volcano comes back to life, and the water in the lake turns boiling. This heat changes the rock around it; weak sediments like sand fuse together and grow into stronger rock. This is metamorphism. We are as the sediments on the volcano bed; weak, but fusing to grow stronger. Two days ago, I could not change form as recklessly as I can now. Now I know that I can work miracles that other Druids never will. They may be weak, but throwing ourselves into this Brotherhood/Valiance mess will make us stronger and stronger." He smiles happily. "In two days, we have changed so much. Imagine what could happen in a month. Can't you think of new, small miracles you couldn't do before?" He walks out to follow Beryl and the cook. He didn't always have breakfast, but he was certainly in the mood today. Plus, he wanted to see how his patients were doing, especially relative to Midnight. Druidic methods need empirical validation, too!
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87

She heads outside and tries to find the cook, hoping he hasn't just taken off in a panic. She walks up to him and asks "Hey, you okay there? You'll have to excuse the snake-thing. That's Spirit, our Shaman. He... has no sense of when it's right to turn into creepy things. Like a giant spider in the middle of town, or a snake before breakfast..."
    "No no, it's okay! I shouldn't have snuck in. I uh, should get back to the kitchen. Thanks for helping the town. ...Say hi to Jasmine for me." The cook continues at his brisk pace back to the inn. He definitely seems embarrassed.

Beryl can see that the tavern section of the inn is decently busy this morning. The dead bodies are gone, but there are lots of living ponies out and about that seem to have a bit more color back on their faces.

He walks out to follow Beryl and the cook. He didn't always have breakfast, but he was certainly in the mood today. Plus, he wanted to see how his patients were doing, especially relative to Midnight. Druidic methods need empirical validation, too!
    The gator stays in the longhouse where the warm fire still has some heat left to it. Outside, the village appears to be slowly getting back into the state of normalcy. Spirit can see the cook trotting briskly to the busy inn.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2016-04-27 at 11:58 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Beryl, still glowing her golden-pink glow, waves to Spirit and runs up to him.

"Hey, guess what? You were right! I met them! The Palad!" she says with a smile. "I think that's why I'm glowing so much. I'll give you the long version when we're all awake and together. But I wanted to tell you first!"

Beryl looks kind of excited, and it almost looks like the glow got a little more intense as she smiled.
    Last edited by McNum; 2016-04-27 at 12:26 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89

Spirit looks confused for a moment. "It's been there your whole life and you've been speaking with it every time you tried to use magic. And it's only now that you..." Then it dawns on him. "Oh! You saw them for the first time. Good for you! Better circumstances than the ones I first met Vera in, at least." He shudders. "Presumably someone down the line had to bleed out in the bushes by a setting sun, but it's good to know they can still work the magic for you." Then he notices the fact that Beryl's still glowing, and whispers a few words of nature that the spirits inside her would understand.

[OOC: Using Druidcraft to try and damp down the light Beryl's causing, by telling the spirit(s) inside her that 'there may be enemies in this town; discretion in your glowing is advised.']

That done, he trots off to follow up on a representative sample of the patients he managed to treat earlier, of those that were left untreated, and of those whose treatment he left to Midnight. How much had each of them recovered? Was the Goodberry poultice any more useful than basic battlefield first aid? Were either of them more useful than a night's rest in the first place? And more importantly, would he be done checking around the same time that fresh muffins came out of the oven?
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Wait, he just talked to me?! Says to turn down the glow. Tell him it'll fade out before noon, can't do much about it." said a suprsied voice inside Beryl's mind.

Confused and a little amused, Beryl passes on the message. "Um... did you just tell them to glow less? I'm a Crystal Pony, glows like this fade out on their own after a few hours, but I can go put on a cloak."

Beryl heads back to the longhouse to get dressed, and perhaps shed some light, pun very much intended, on this whole "Jasmine" thing.
    Last edited by McNum; 2016-04-27 at 04:17 PM.