New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Ponaria: Symphony of the Neigh [IC II]

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    "That's why I want to visit the temples. Both Sun and Dusk, to ask if they know anything about a 'Heliodor'. The Palad didn't even say if Heliodor was male or female." She pauses for a bit "I don't suppose you could introduce me next time we get to a Dusk Temple? Makes me seem a little less crazy."
    "Yeah, I can introduce you. I can't promise that you'll sound any less crazy, though." Midnight digs into his food while Spirit walks in and they discuss their next course of action.

"Did you guys get a message from the Librarian or something?" he asks, feeling a little bit out of the loop. "I don't remember her saying anything about someone in Nabru."
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spirit blinks. "Back when we were interrogating the spawn, after it was incinerated, the Master Librarian mentioned Azurah in Nabru as someone who would be able to help us. The Master Librarian was unsure how, but she knew that Azurah could help. I later found that it's because they were adventuring companions that brought down Valiance in the middle of his lichdom ritual, and that Azurah has knowledge that even a powerful divination expert couldn't replicate. She's also a formidable hunter that could likely aid us if we discover something bigger than we can handle." He turns back to the book, trying to puzzle out the Brotherhood's intentions.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Once Crossguard finishes her breakfast, she stretches. "Whilst, normally, I would agree with Beryl, I'm sick of their deceit and lack of honor."
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fable Wright View Post
    Spirit blinks. "Back when we were interrogating the spawn, after it was incinerated, the Master Librarian mentioned Azurah in Nabru as someone who would be able to help us. The Master Librarian was unsure how, but she knew that Azurah could help. I later found that it's because they were adventuring companions that brought down Valiance in the middle of his lichdom ritual, and that Azurah has knowledge that even a powerful divination expert couldn't replicate. She's also a formidable hunter that could likely aid us if we discover something bigger than we can handle." He turns back to the book, trying to puzzle out the Brotherhood's intentions.
    "Oh," Midnight says, feeling a little dense. "Right. Must have forgotten that with everything else that was going on."

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    Once Crossguard finishes her breakfast, she stretches. "Whilst, normally, I would agree with Beryl, I'm sick of their deceit and lack of honor."
    Midnight nods in agreement. "Besides, if they have any spies here, I think showing up and saving the town would be a pretty big tip-off. Though I think we can trust everypony here. The Brotherhood did try to kill all of them."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Beryl is looking a little confused. "Then what do we do? Unless the journal says there's a hideout nearby, we can't exact take the fight to the..." Beryl considers nicknames for a moment, then realizes she already gave them one "...the Bees." She pauses just to let that word hang for a moment, then continues "We should send that 25 word message to somepony in Basuto we trust to send help here, though. How about sending 'Koldstone hit by big evil curse, many ponies dead or weakened. Curse broken already, but need help with recovery, support. Koldstone Barrows used for curse.' or something like that?" Beryl counts with her tongue on the back of her teeth. "Yeah that should actually be twenty-five words."

6. - Top - End - #126

Spirit looks at Beryl. "...Why can't we? I can lure out a vampire spawn. We know the zebra mare at least has a contact with the Brotherhood, and, though I'm loathe to use it, we have something that could help get her to share." He gingerly pulls the love potion out of his bag for a moment, before putting it back in. "We can dig around about that recruiter for the sailors who were burning a ship, I can track down that star spider that was in their base and ask for some directions or info... let's face it. In Basuto, there are plenty of ways we could bring the fight to the Brotherhood. That said, I'll send a message. 'Big curse blew over Koldstone from Barrows. Many weakened and ill. Worst over, but help appreciated.' Gives you nine more words to work with, if you need them."
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"We need to mention that some ponies died, too." Beryl says and sighs. "But I was thinking more, what do we do when we get up from this table? We send a message and... look at their campsite? Are you finding anything useful in that journal?"

8. - Top - End - #128

"Patience, Beryl. This is not the easiest book to parse." He furrows his brow as he doubles back over the text. "When we get up, we will collect our gator, join with our new arachnid friend, investigate their campsite, and then head to Basuto while I send messages. When we arrive, the messages will have done their job, and we can spring into an investigation from the moment we enter the gates. We can do little else from here."
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Spamalot in the Playground

"What do you all think?"
    When Spirit mentions losing the gator, Ace seems a bit more cheerful. When he mentions the giant spider joining, Ace seems to have lost a couple shades of color from his face. He slowly puts his head down.

"Trace is already gone, by the way," Ace says with defeat. "Went to... somewhere. Dunno."

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    "Well, no, I have one of those." Frost shows Ace the small crystal orb he has hanging from his necklace. "This spell seems to need something more. Something I'm missing."
    [roll0]
    Ace thinks for a moment, then he taps the table. "Ah, I believe what you are missing is... what do you call them... a pearl. Your spell identifies magic right?"

He pulls out a spell book and flips through some pages until he reaches one in particular. "I haven't mastered that spell yet, but I have notes here. Right, a valuable pearl, as the mother of pearl acts as a conduit to transfer... uh, essence, scent... signature of the magical effects to you so you can mentally 'read' what they are."

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]+[roll1] Looking for someone paying unusual attention, or might have reacted to Spirit's words here.

EDIT:
    Spirit cracks open the journal and takes a look. What does he find?
    There are folks watching your group, but only in the casual way because you all are talking about really shady subjects, like spiders and the Brotherhood.

Meanwhile, inside the journal, again there is much in the way of pony anatomy and magical elements. Sometimes talking about how much 'raw' material a pony is made of or how to put bodies together again for necromancy purposes. But in all that you do find this gem near the back--

Spoiler
    Show
    • Hoof: We pinged it south of Nabru, in the Noruge swamp... but then it disappeared. With our scouts. What is out there?
    • Wing: Magic keeps pointing to Arendale, but hell if we can find it. Maybe one of the temples has a divination barrier? Penny, you $#@$%...
    • Rib: Koldstone, sealed by Snowsquall. Check the family barrow. Expect a good bit of draconic ice magic. Possible a dragon blood-lock. Found!.
    • Horn: Illia must have hidden this one. It's in Midoor somewhere. Check the libraries and the mage guild. Likely in those places.
    • Eyeball: Diviner can only get an answer of 'in the oldest mountains of Fetloch'. Bet the diviner didn't see that punch coming.
    • Heart: Nothing. Journals pointed to Basuto, but we didn't find it there. Got a contact in Gog City that might help though.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

10. - Top - End - #130

Spirit chuckles as he begins reading the last couple of entries, then laughs out loud when he reaches the end. "Oh! Oh, that's rich. Looks like Azurah is a feisty one. She caught wind of the Brotherhood in her neighborhood and it goes to a total blackout! Ha! We beat out the Brotherhood and bring her the artifacts, and they'll be locked down for good." A silly grin on his face, he shakes his head. "We got five sites the Brotherhood is looking into. One is locked down by Azurah. One is in Arendale. Two the brotherhood can't pin down, and the last is in Midoor, along with another one of the Master Librarian's adventuring friends." He grins himself silly. "Oh, man! They were not kidding around when they took down Valiance. Master Librarian, you did so much more than I gave you credit for."

He sighs happily and leans back in his chair. "Good news, Frostbite. They don't need your parents for any more locks, so they'll be under light guard. We can track them down and bring them home safe, easily. We gotta dig for a bit of information in Basuto; they're going to store their loot someplace safe, and they're going to want anyone they can get their hooves on to poke around for the artifacts in Arendale. Probably using the festival as cover to launch a search of the temples there. We will need some more information, and meeting with some of their men in Basuto tonight will be rather crucial.

"Good news is, we know know their goals, and that they're in deep, deep trouble. We got a safe place to take contraband. Just a few more days, and we'll get your parents home. Looks like we just scored a big win."
    He chuckles and shakes his head. "We also got their single point of failure. A diviner that seems to keep their whole operation rolling. Looks like she's pretty powerful; she's casting a straight up Divination. But she's still one mare, and without her, the Brotherhood is floundering." He looks at Beryl, grinning. "So, Heliodor. What do we do after we get up from this table?"
    Last edited by Fable Wright; 2016-05-01 at 12:32 AM.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"I don't know what Heliodor whould do, but as a baker, I certainly do! If they're baking a Doom Pie, but need a special ingredient, we deny them that! No ingredient, no pie, no doom. Lots of angry Bees, though."

Beryl then tries to sum everything up. "So... we send for help, then get ready to hit the road for Basuto. I can bake lunch if we need, got plenty of flour left. When we get there, we look for clues. And tell the Master Librarian that she's awesome." She then hesitates, "But, um, if this Azurah has gone on total blackout, how do we find her?"

12. - Top - End - #132

Spirit, bemused, repeats his question to the spirit within Beryl via Druidcraft, before excusing himself with "Azurah isn't missing; the assassins who entered her territory, are. Now, I leave you to work out any outstanding business; I'll be sending messages." and following a mosquito on the wall, not harming it, but muttering the words that would make it deliver a message. The recipient was simple: The first pony the mosquito met in Basuto who didn't breathe, even when their mouth made wind; the message, "I know what and where you are. I could call the Paladins, but I want in. Meet my servant by the Rusty Anchor at 10." Then, if the party still wasn't done, he'd send another message to the Paladins of the Temple of the Sun, this time with a ladybug as his messenger: "Big curse blew over Koldstone from Barrows. Many dead, others weakened and ill. Worst over, but help appreciated. Spread word to other temples."

Then, one final message, addressed to the first zebra mare this butterfly came across in Basuto: "A wandering spirit seeks to learn the ways of your town. He has heard of the Sleepy Salamander, and hopes you could meet him there." Should the party still not be done deliberating, he will merely watch the insects make a beeline for the small port town as he waits.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"He did it again! ...uh. Heliodor would... politely thank everypony for the meal, pay what's owed, get dressed and get to work? I don't know, I just got here!"

"...you need to tell me how you do that soon. But she says that Heliodor would pay up and get to work." Beryl then realizes that the rest of the party probably doesn't know who "she" is. "I'll explain when we're on the road, okay? You'll either think of me as more or less crazy after I tell you."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

"He did it again! ...uh. Heliodor would... politely thank everypony for the meal, pay what's owed, get dressed and get to work? I don't know, I just got here!"

"...you need to tell me how you do that soon. But she says that Heliodor would pay up and get to work." Beryl then realizes that the rest of the party probably doesn't know who "she" is. "I'll explain when we're on the road, okay? You'll either think of me as more or less crazy after I tell you."
    Crossguard nods. "We need to get moving." She pays for her food and drink.
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

"I guess we'll just have to see," Midnight says, getting up from the table.

"So... You didn't actually say what it they're after, just that they don't have all of it yet. What do they want?"

16. - Top - End - #136

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    getting up from the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    "We need to get moving."
    "I'll explain when we're on the road, okay?"
    as he waits.
    September 26, 9:30 am (Monday)

After last night's storms, this day fares much better. The sky was only lightly cloudy, allowing the sun to warm up the ground. Only little bits of cold dew remained scattered along the grasses. The gator companion has apparently already departed to swampy parts unknown, leaving no note goodbye (well, obviously). It was Trace's departure that is a bit more concerning. What was the surprise batpony up to? Ace mentions he would catch up, as the party is apparently not a difficult group to find (in Trace's words exactly).

After the party packs to leave for Basuto, it was then that they meet Spirit's newest addition to the party-- the giant spider.

The creature was the size of a wagon and could carry 1-2 of you without too much difficulty. However, she (according to Spirit, the spider refers to self as 'she') is already carrying one large cocoon with her (contents: one dead cow) and did not seem proactive to giving anypony a lift. She sizes you all up with her many eyes, scanning the group as if... well Spirit could ascertain that she is gauging who were the alphas in the group (i.e. who led the group and who followed).

Despite Ace's fear of being eaten, the giant spider didn't seem to pay him much mind. She was more on guard against the two paladins. The giant spider will follow the group towards Basuto, but she keeps to the back, following with a respectful distance.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #137

"So!" Spirit trots along, still in a good mood from a good morning. "We need one volunteer to meet with a vampony spawn at, oh, around 10 o'clock outside the Rusty Anchor. This pony would be disguised as someone else, and should try to convince the spawn that they're working with a mysterious boss figure that wants Valiance to come back. Valiance would pay out well as a lich, and the Brotherhood's resources aren't anything to scoff at themselves. I'm not certain how the spawn will react, but there's a good chance it will ask a favor to prove our devotion to the cause.

"The nature of that favor is the info we need; it tells us what matters to the Brotherhood right now, and might act as an in to get more extensive information later on. We almost certainly won't perform the favor, of course."
    He looks at Frostbite as he walks. "And whoever goes would probably be able to make a demand in return. Such as learning where Snowsquall's family (that is, Frostbite's parents) is being kept." He looks at the group. "Any volunteers to meet with them? I will probably be indisposed, dealing with the Brotherhood zebra at the inn, and Crossguard would almost certainly attack the spawn on sight rather than even pretend to deal with it. Anyone else interested in gathering some information?"
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

"The nature of that favor is the info we need; it tells us what matters to the Brotherhood right now, and might act as an in to get more extensive information later on. We almost certainly won't perform the favor, of course." He looks at Frostbite as he walks. "And whoever goes would probably be able to make a demand in return. Such as learning where Snowsquall's family (that is, Frostbite's parents) is being kept." He looks at the group. "Any volunteers to meet with them? I will probably be indisposed, dealing with the Brotherhood zebra at the inn, and Crossguard would almost certainly attack the spawn on sight rather than even pretend to deal with it. Anyone else interested in gathering some information?"
    Frost grimmaces as Spirit mentions his parents. Were his parents still with the brotherhood? Surely they would not be of use to them now that the barrow had been raided. Except... as hostages.

"Honestly, it sounds like a ridiculously dangerous plan. So much can go wrong, and the brotherhood knows about us so they could be expecting something like this. But if you think it's the best way, I'll volunteer."
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

As they're walking towards Basuto, Beryl's glow slowly begins to fade. At 9:30 it's down to just a soft golden light just under her coat. A few more hours and it should be gone.

"I'm still not sure it's a good idea to poke them. I don't trust them not to set up an ambush." Beryl continues "I need to get this 'Heliodor' thing checked out. Talk to some scholars or something in the Sun and Dusk temples. Ooh, I hope Dame Epee is back, she probably knows who I need to meet."

She walks a little further, and then stats "Oh, right, I promised to say who 'she' is, didn't I?" Beryl think for a moment on how to say this in the least weird way. "Soo... I had a dream last night where I met several of my past selves. They made me swear an ancient oath, and then a brilliant light filled my mind... and apparently it spilled out making me glow. Anyway, one of those past mes were... me as a foal. It's been that voice telling me how my powers work, only now it's become a LOT more chatty."

She pauses because she knows how mad this sounds.

"I know! Beryl has a voice in her head telling her to do stuff. It sounds really crazy! But Spirit can talk to it, directly! I don't know how he does it, but if it was just my imagination, he shouldn't be able to, right?"

20. - Top - End - #140

Frost grimmaces as Spirit mentions his parents. Were his parents still with the brotherhood? Surely they would not be of use to them now that the barrow had been raided. Except... as hostages.

"Honestly, it sounds like a ridiculously dangerous plan. So much can go wrong, and the brotherhood knows about us so they could be expecting something like this. But if you think it's the best way, I'll volunteer."
    Spirit nods. "Crossguard, Midnight, Ace, and Beryl might be having a drink in the tavern if something goes down wrong. I'm not saying it's risk free, but I am saying that a cleric right next door to turn undead would make it a fair bit safer." He sighs. "I really hope you get your parents back. The spawn might not even show, but if he does... tell him that we also need your parents to open a lock. It's the best explanation we have, really. If he doesn't show..." Spirit thinks for a moment. "Then he'd probably be tailing you. In that case, we'll meet up on main street at 11:30, and I'll help you shake them. It's not the safest plan in the world, I'll admit, but... well. I'd rather risk myself to nip something like Koldstone in the bud, than to risk a town to save myself."

"I know! Beryl has a voice in her head telling her to do stuff. It sounds really crazy! But Spirit can talk to it, directly! I don't know how he does it, but if it was just my imagination, he shouldn't be able to, right?"
    Spirit blinks for a few moments. "...I believe that this is the first time that something I've done has been taken as a sign of sanity."
    Last edited by Fable Wright; 2016-05-02 at 06:12 PM.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141

Ace gives Beryl a look. This is a look reserved only for when he was watching someone grow a second head from their left shoulder. "Past selves... so, like did you die as a child and come back... or...?"

He listens to the others talk about volunteering for meeting the Brotherhood. He'd volunteer, but he assumes that he would be vetoed immediately.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ace gives Beryl a look. This is a look reserved only for when he was watching someone grow a second head from their left shoulder. "Past selves... so, like did you die as a child and come back... or...?"

He listens to the others talk about volunteering for meeting the Brotherhood. He'd volunteer, but he assumes that he would be vetoed immediately.
    Beryl sighs a bit, her glow visible dimming. "No... I was foalnapped once as a child. It was horrible, but... I don't think I need to tell you that. She said that all this stuff about Heliodor and how to do all these Paladin things are things I should know, but something happened that night that means I don't. So she's helping as much as she can. I have no idea how she fits in with this whole deal, or how much of this even works. Which is why I need somepony to ask."
    Last edited by McNum; 2016-05-02 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Typodemons

23. - Top - End - #143

"Oh... I-I'm sorry," Ace says remorseful. "I didn't know you were... um, well maybe not knowing how paladin-ing works is a... a good thing? Like, you couldn't fully appreciate the struggle and effort to uphold the light if you never knew what the dark was?"
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2016-05-02 at 07:43 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

24. - Top - End - #144

"Ace, I'm fairly sure that I'm the only one here who died as a child. You don't find much Druid training here in the pony lands."

Beryl sighs a bit, her glow visible dimming. "No... I was foalnapped once as a child. I was horrible, but... I don't think I need to tell you that. She said that all this stuff about Heliodor and how to do all these Paladin things are things I should know, but something happened that night that means I don't. So she's helping as much as she can. I have no idea how she fits in with this whole deal, or how much of this even works. Which is why I need somepony to ask."
    Spirit starts counting off possibilities on his hooves. "Let's see... given that you didn't go full Paladin there, and your Paladin-hood was stunted a bit, the foalnappers almost certainly were after a Peer specifically. You weren't manifesting any magic at that point, so it almost certainly wasn't the Erlking. If the foalnappers were undead, you'd remember it, so... probably not the Third Crypt, either. I'd almost say that it was the Cult of Fang and Scale, but last I checked, there weren't any copies of the Book of Iron Hexes left in existence; the Peerage tended to be rather enthusiastic in getting rid of those." He shrugged. "Who knows? It's just one of life's little mysteries. The important thing is, you're a Paladin now, and there are ponies trying to do bad things. One mystery at a time, Beryl. One mystery at a time."
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Oh... I-I'm sorry," Ace says remorseful. "I didn't know you were... um, well maybe not knowing how paladin-ing works is a... a good thing? Like, you couldn't fully appreciate the struggle and effort to uphold the light if you never knew what the dark was?"
    "Heh, I almost feel bad for saying this, but part of the reason I started playing hero was that I hoped to, at some point, do for somepony else what was done for me. I was rescued, by some scarlet pegasus pony. Probably a Paladin, I don't really know. And then I found myself riding a shapeshifted bear, smashing down doors to save you." Beryl smiles a bit again "...but then I learned that it wasn't about that at all. It's not about looking good or being awesome. It's about being there when you're needed, and doing what you can. Fight vampires and save hostages? Yeah, it's part of it. But being a friendly ear or a shoulder to cry on, or just showing that at least one pony cares... that's just as important."

"Funny enough... she actually told me that I might be better off because I care. So you might be on to something, Ace. Perhaps a Paladin does need to know the dark."

Spirit starts counting off possibilities on his hooves. "Let's see... given that you didn't go full Paladin there, and your Paladin-hood was stunted a bit, the foalnappers almost certainly were after a Peer specifically. You weren't manifesting any magic at that point, so it almost certainly wasn't the Erlking. If the foalnappers were undead, you'd remember it, so... probably not the Third Crypt, either. I'd almost say that it was the Cult of Fang and Scale, but last I checked, there weren't any copies of the Book of Iron Hexes left in existence; the Peerage tended to be rather enthusiastic in getting rid of those." He shrugged. "Who knows? It's just one of life's little mysteries. The important thing is, you're a Paladin now, and there are ponies trying to do bad things. One mystery at a time, Beryl. One mystery at a time."
    Beryl looks at Spirit with a look of mental overload. "...what? Uh, yeah. I'll worry about who or what when I have anything to go off. First step is a fairly simple one. Find out who, exactly, Heliodor was!"
    Last edited by McNum; 2016-05-02 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Added response to Spirit

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well it definitely won't be me," Midnight says darkly. "I'm pretty sure I couldn't fly a mile with them without making them flee the moon's gaze. Or worse." He rubs the moon and mountain insignia on his armor idly as he contemplates the blasphemous vampires.

Spirit nods. "Crossguard, Midnight, Ace, and Beryl might be having a drink in the tavern if something goes down wrong. I'm not saying it's risk free, but I am saying that a cleric right next door to turn undead would make it a fair bit safer." He sighs. "I really hope you get your parents back. The spawn might not even show, but if he does... tell him that we also need your parents to open a lock. It's the best explanation we have, really. If he doesn't show..." Spirit thinks for a moment. "Then he'd probably be tailing you. In that case, we'll meet up on main street at 11:30, and I'll help you shake them. It's not the safest plan in the world, I'll admit, but... well. I'd rather risk myself to nip something like Koldstone in the bud, than to risk a town to save myself."
    "Hanging around on standby, though, that I can do. Maybe even follow discreetly. With this new armor, it'll be a whole lot easier to keep them from noticing me."

Spirit blinks for a few moments. "...I believe that this is the first time that something I've done has been taken as a sign of sanity."
    "Think of it this way. One crazy pony might just be seeing things that aren't there. Two crazy ponies seeing the same thing, and maybe they notice something you didn't."

"Ace, I'm fairly sure that I'm the only one here who died as a child. You don't find much Druid training here in the pony lands."
    "Actually, I came pretty close a couple times."
    Last edited by One Tin Soldier; 2016-05-03 at 12:00 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147

"Funny enough... she actually told me that I might be better off because I care. So you might be on to something, Ace. Perhaps a Paladin does need to know the dark."

Beryl looks at Spirit with a look of mental overload. "...what? Uh, yeah. I'll worry about who or what when I have anything to go off. First step is a fairly simple one. Find out who, exactly, Heliodor was!"
    Ace looks pleased that he might be right about something. It certainly makes him feel better after his faux pas earlier. He is quick to helpfully interject-- "Heliodor? Well the Master Librarian has the largest library of common subjects in the Fetloch area. Unless this Heliodor dealt in some dark arts or predates recorded history, I'm sure there is something on the shelf about him... her?"

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havok
    Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    "Well it definitely won't be me," Midnight says darkly. "I'm pretty sure I couldn't fly a mile with them without making them flee the moon's gaze. Or worse." He rubs the moon and mountain insignia on his armor idly as he contemplates the blasphemous vampires.
    Cherub started speaking to Frost telepathically-- "Soo... we're doing what? Shouldn't Midnight do it? He's wearing a can. By comparison we're squishy cheese."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ace looks pleased that he might be right about something. It certainly makes him feel better after his faux pas earlier. He is quick to helpfully interject-- "Heliodor? Well the Master Librarian has the largest library of common subjects in the Fetloch area. Unless this Heliodor dealt in some dark arts or predates recorded history, I'm sure there is something on the shelf about him... her?"
    "Maybe? I doubt Heliodor dealt in dark arts, because, you know... Paladin. But he or she might be too ancient to be recorded." Beryl muses for a moment "I guess the Twelve Peers would at least have a legend about them or something. I should probably check. Between the library, the Sun Paladins, and the Dusk Temple, I'd hope somepony knows at least something."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

"Maybe? I doubt Heliodor dealt in dark arts, because, you know... Paladin. But he or she might be too ancient to be recorded." Beryl muses for a moment "I guess the Twelve Peers would at least have a legend about them or something. I should probably check. Between the library, the Sun Paladins, and the Dusk Temple, I'd hope somepony knows at least something."
    "Once I can spare the time to make my report with the Knights of the Sun, I will look it up in the libraries at the Temple of the Sun." Crossguard says. "But we need to keep an eye on our objective."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Spoilered for a conversation that happened before we left.
    Spoiler: Spells with Ace
    Show
    [roll0]
    Ace thinks for a moment, then he taps the table. "Ah, I believe what you are missing is... what do you call them... a pearl. Your spell identifies magic right?"

He pulls out a spell book and flips through some pages until he reaches one in particular. "I haven't mastered that spell yet, but I have notes here. Right, a valuable pearl, as the mother of pearl acts as a conduit to transfer... uh, essence, scent... signature of the magical effects to you so you can mentally 'read' what they are."
    "Interesting... conveniently we found a pearl in the barrow. I hope magical pearls can work just as well." He looks over Ace's book. "You know, we could always... trade notes? I've just figured out a spell to create a... oh blast what do they call them? Like a magical animal assistant for a wizard... a familiar! I'd be happy to teach you it. Might need some form of meditation to get you in the mindset for it, just as you might need to teach me how to read your notations, aheh."

Cherub started speaking to Frost telepathically-- "Soo... we're doing what? Shouldn't Midnight do it? He's wearing a can. By comparison we're squishy cheese."
    Spirit wants me to put on a disguise and pretend to join the brotherhood. It's a plan that probably won't work and will result in us having to kill whatever vampire decides to show up to this meeting Spirit somehow set up, plus whatever it brings as backup. And I'll be doing it because... *sigh* because there's still a chance I can save my parents.

And also because Spirit is buggering off and leaving it to us, and the others can't be trusted not to vaporize the vamp on sight.

On the plus side, you'll be out of harm's way. I'll leave you with the holy ponies so you can tell them to move in when everything goes wrong.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.