New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Superhero Management Sim Game

Hey Lacuna, just curious, have you checked Daily Cthonicle? (The game that I've been lping this past week or so).

It's recently the game that I feel charmed with. The gameplay is honestly not that solid, I consider it more a mood/storyline game, and it's not that close to the idea you're currently working (much less than black closet at least).

But the idea of a procedural generated supernatural investigation game is kinda close enough to yours anyway, and there might be some inspiration you can catch from it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/490980
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Certainly looks interesting. I'll check it out...

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey Lacuna- just wanted to poke my head in to let you know that I'm still around and still interested; life has just been kind of kicking me in the head a bit lately, rather sharply reducing my ability to putz around on the internet as much as I'd like to

Blargh... could've sworn I had an idea I wanted to toss out there, but... oh yeh.

Probably way past time for this, but I'll throw it at the wall and see if anything sticks.

Re. Balancing, assuming that any portion of the JLA idea survives; if you implement knockback and stun effects, you could play things the way a lot of the JLA animated features do; lower-tier enemies use high explosives to stun and knock around Superman (however briefly), enabling them to accomplish their objectives and get out. The same trick simply wouldn't work against Batman, since he'd (for the most part) just not be there when the kaboom hit.

Anyhoo, consider me still interested, and I'm planning on checking out whatever your latest build is when I've got a little downtime.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Heya TC: I appreciate dropping in.
    Stun and knockback effects are something I'm quite likely to include in time, and yeah, it's possible that'd help with balancing certain forms of metahuman powers down the road. I'll keep it in mind.

I've downloaded Daily Chthonicle, so once I'm done binge-watching Young Justice (again) I'll probly give it a shot...

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

One last update before I disappear for months again...

I keep getting distracted by side-projects. I've actually spent the last month or two brushing up on my art technique, which involved going back through 3 old sketchbooks and correcting every single piece, along with a couple of new ones.

...but I should have a proper update (either to say, yes, here is significant progress and I'm definitely finishing this project, or no, not gonna happen) early in the new year. I'll probably start a new thread and/or PM some of the regulars then. Sorry for all the delays.
    Give directly to the extreme poor.