New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1386
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

Default Re: Kingslayers: Wild Magic of the Seekers

"What're we gonna do? Walk right up? I could pop some of you in there for a bit of a shock, I guess. We land in the middle, you start smacking them around or whatever." Cassy shrugs, not showing her normal enthusiasm for complex plans.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think walking right up is satisfactory. No sense using power when it isn't necessary, and they clearly know we're here. I suspect we'll need everything we've got when we get inside." Cara casts one spell, then another, first tapping Raven, then James. "These spells should protect you from mental attacks, but not for more than a half hour or so. I have this spell on myself in a longer lasting form, so you can always stick close to me for that sort of protection." With this, she begins moving quickly towards the front door.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Protection from Evil using Rod of Extend on Raven. Duration is 26 minutes.
    Use Pearl of Power to cast Protection from Evil using Rod of Extend on James. Duration is also 26 minutes.

3. - Top - End - #1173

SolithKnightGuy

Taros

As the group pauses to evaluate the two creatures guarding the sitting porch, Taros invokes a spell of protection. Once everyone seems prepared, Taros marches up to the porch, quickly and determinedly. If the figures make a threatening move or gesture, he engages, but otherwise cooly regards them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Magic Circle of Protection: Evil Duration 1 hour

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Raven

"Thanks," Raven says to Cara, glad for the mobile protection as he was never very good at staying near the others one battle began. As Taros makes his own preparations, Raven considers whether there's anything he could do to be more ready. Not coming up with anything, he gestures at the two sentries with his sword. "Shall we then?"
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

5. - Top - End - #1175

James follows Taros closely, Shield up, Sword at ease. He is keenly keeping an eye on the figures.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

Secret Option F, The Steam Group!

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Troll in the Playground

Default To the Millhouse Porch

Bernam reeks of garlic, you will notice the more you are around him.

Silveral takes notice of Cara's wand, "Wow that's nifty, does it do arcane?"
    He smirks, "I got one big gun left for the day... well for me. Anti-magic field. Quite nifty, I say.... when I'm not around it." He suddenly remembers his mistake in the forest those many decades ago...
    "Anyway, I might not be able to hurt these... bastards, but I can break enchantments and even anchor someone dimensionally... If these are of use... I will go with you, but... I am not sure I could withstand an attack in... closed confines."

Cara will realize he is very scared. The young elf is amazingly powerful... for an abjurer. His tan skin has gone pale white, and his eyes are long and drawn.

Porch:

As you draw near you will see your two 'observers' in the shadows of the white porch.

The most obvious danger is a teen in black leather, he even seems to have black eye make-up... but it is likely due to his undead nature. He seems far more intelligent than Cassy's vampiric and witless father. Just by the dark gaze he gives as you approached you could sense danger from him. He ***** his head in observation as the group nears.

The other 'observer' was a middle-aged lady, in what looks to be a fine gown. A finer gown than Cassy's mom had probably ever worn. The old lady's dress was now in rags, even in the shadows it looked like she'd been scrubbing floors, and rolling in dirt and ash. Her face drawn, and pale, she stared vacantly into the night, totally unaware of the group's approach. It could also be seen that the teen vampire had Cassy's mother by the neck, blood trickled from his claws. "Speak!" He orders and shakes her head.

"Cassy? Cassy dear? Oh, so good of you to come. Your father has a present for you. He'll be so happy to see you. Please... go from this place. Jarrard will let me show you to the new Van Otren home. Lovely cottage, we have our own servants. Let's all be friends again. They don't want you at the mill... that is all... no place else..." Cassy's mother is indeed alive... but Taros can sense evil from both on the porch.

Cassy's mother breaks down and cries, but if Cassy knew her mother... She was a great actress when it came to scraping by in the high society circles, using what beauty she had for charm. "Please, Cassy... Please! They'll kill me!" Cassy's sensing a lie somewhere in her mother's motive. Either way Cassy knew this vamp-kid would likely end up killing her mom.

As if to emphasis the young vampire lifts up the woman and shakes her to speak with ease.
    "I met a dragon, Cassy... A dragon! From the Yuanese lands, he's...!" She's excited about something, but the teen rattles her body threateningly. She squeals silent.

"Go!!"
    The teen vamp roars.

Cara will notice she smells like garlic where Bernam patted her.
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2008-09-12 at 03:09 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1177

GreataxeFighterGirl

Briefly Cassy looks like a teenager caught sneaking out. She starts when she recognizes her mother, then brings up her finger and seems about to say something – possibly spout an excuse for why she’s out late with a bunch of armed hooligans. "I- Mo-" Oh, wait...

She jabs a finger at her mother. "Dad’s so totally dusted. I don’t want to go anywhere with you. If you get killed it’s probably because of something you did and I for sure know it’s something you totally deserve." Cassy crosses her arms, then realizes it makes her look awkward to hold a staff with crossed arms, so instead drives the staff into the ground and holds it with one hand, the other on her hip. Chulyen makes a 'hrumph' sound and brings out his wings, making himself look larger. His head bobs up and down, then side to side, like he’s looking for a fight.

"Go on, you stupid vampire, kill her so we can hurry up and kill you. Time’s wasting."

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

Cara tries very hard to pretend like she didn't really hear anything that Cassy just said. It isn't easy, and she gets a kind of pained expression that is caught someplace between a grin and a grimace. Closure for Cassy is important, but not letting people die just because they are unsavory is important, too. She looks at Taros and says with a marginally strangled tone, "She's Evil, right?" The 'right' sounds a lot like 'please'. She waves a little bit towards what is apparently Cassy's mother.

9. - Top - End - #1179

SolithKnightGuy

Taros

"Unlike Cassy, I doubt this woman has many redeeming qualities. Still..." Taros says over his shoulder to Cara. "What say we teach this overblown teen some manners, gents?" he adds to Raven, James, and Marius.

Striding closer, he finally addresses the vamp teen: "Just like the toothless whelp that you are, hiding behind some old hag. Afraid to fight, afraid to face his destroyers. Afraid. Terrible way to spend your everlasting life, whelp. Afraid. Pathetic." Taros spins his sword idly in his hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Feat: Goad - DC 20 Will Save or the teen can only make melee attacks against Taros.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Halfling in the Playground

Marius

With a sort of curious acceptance, Marius nods to Taros' comment. "I'd love to assist in teaching this little bastard a lesson." he says, falling into step right behind Taros.

Getting nearer to the porch, Marius sees no reason he can't add to Taros' comments by laughing at the most opportune times as his new comrade eggs the creepy little teen to attack, keeping firm grip on his greathammer throughout.
    Last edited by Hlaine Larkin; 2008-09-12 at 11:07 PM.
    RIP Richard Wright: 1943 - 2008

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1181

Raven

Raven steps lightly astride Taros and Marius, watching for ambush as much as at the teen vampire. He'd never seen anyone so successful at drawing foes' wrath as Taros, a clever trick, but would the teen go for it? Raven would be ready either way.
    Forum Rules

12. - Top - End - #1182

GreataxeFighterGirl

Cassy looks at Cara, hurt and instantly betrayed. "Of course she's evil- she-" Nevermind. Cassy speaks sharp, short tones in Draconic. Her right hand starts to glow with arcane power, building slowly into a violet light. Two things are unknown: when she'll release the power, and who her target will be.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Troll in the Playground

Default Goading a Vampire

OOC- I need more info on Goad, especially when it effects creatures not ready to fly off the handle toward 7 bad-asses. There must be some sort of adjustment to this considering the fact that the move is utter suicide.
    In the meantime with the DM's bonuses for circumstances, the vamp holds his ground... he does some sort of 'attack':

Porch:

The teen vamp looks directly at Taros, the eyes flash a strange green for a moment. Taros can feel that a charm was enacted, but Taros resists the tempting eyes of evil. The vampire bares his pointy teeth as he smashes backwards into the main door. Taking Cassy's mother with him as she is still attached to his claws.

The door swings open behind him, and the teen is backing in, "Follow me, and she dies!"
    He holds her up, letting his fingers dig in deeper into her neck draining more blood. This is pretty much his held action, and everyone can jump to it if they want. Cassy's mother can only whimper from the pain.

14. - Top - End - #1184

As the Vampire makes a bit of a retreat, James' first instinct is to charge. He stops himself. He's heard horrible things mentioned about Cassy's family... and Cara seems to think they are no good, he's not sure. He holds for a moment, ready to spring should the woman be killed. After all, that was the only thing holding him back from laying waste these undead beasts.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Troll in the Playground

Default The Teen-Vamp on the Porch

The teen vamp is furious at Taros, but threaten by so many attackers. He hiss and shows teeth in true animalistic style... still he's only moved five feet. Only fractions of seconds have passed.

OOC- If he's allowed he'll retreat into the mill-house. If one wants to react, I'll put up initiatives.

16. - Top - End - #1186

Raven AC: 27/29 vs. Evil HP:71 Child of Shadow Stance: Concealment 20% miss chance & Prot. from Evil

Raven hadn't expected the teen vamp to go for it, hoped, but not expected. He fires into action in characteristic form. He leaps at the teen with supernatural speed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sudden Leap Manuever
    Move up to your movement rate as a swift action.

Cast Dimension Hop on Cassy's Mom (Move target touched up to 25' - Will Negates) and send her back toward the party.)

If there's any time for an attack, attack - (1d20+18)[35] dmg - (3d6+10)[22]
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2008-09-13 at 06:58 PM.
    Forum Rules

17. - Top - End - #1187

SolithKnightGuy

Taros

When the teen-vamp tries his magic, Taros can feel the spell seeping into his mind. His training, however, allows him to easily recognize the charm for what it is, and he blatantly ignores the subtle commands and emotions, focusing instead on the anger he has for this petty creature to be holding this pitiful woman hostage.

Realizing their moment is to come, Taros continues his stride, but this time angles it away from the entrance. He continues his belligerent attitude in an attempt to distract the creature's focus from those at his side. "That's right. Flee, vermin. Flee from your betters. Take the woman; we care not for her. Flee inside, where we will destroy you regardless. That woman cannot save you. Nothing can."

Spoiler
    Show
    Basically, trying to draw the teen's attention away from the others, and walking to the side some to distract the git, as a reaction to his Charm attempt. As to his fleeing...we'll see what becomes of Raven's leap.

18. - Top - End - #1188

James Bellows AC: 26 (28 VS Evil) HP:118/118 Stance: Punishing; -2 AC, +1d6 dmg

James' mind stops for a moment, and focuses on one thing. That man just used an attack from the Sublime Way. He hadn't seen his fighting style before, in the dark and distracted by.. well, alot. He will have to question this "Raven" later.

((Maybe more, depending on how things go/combat starts))

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Troll in the Playground

Default Raven By a Long, Sharp Fingernail

{OOC- Okay, I've been rereading rules and thinking about my interpretation, and decide in favor of the PCs. No where can I find, does a person{NPC or PC} equate to an 'object' in D&D rules, unless dead. Therefore though Cassy's mom is evil, she will still take the choice of life and go willingly. Now its a matter of initiatives, the key ones being Raven and the vamp teen, if Raven beats him, than he will save Cassy's mother... for the moment... drum roll for DM roll please.... }

{OOC2- By the dice I go... vampires and Improved Initiative... and it is almost a tie! Wow! It's the D&D version watching Phelps win the near dead-heat gold medal. }

Sudden Leap:

Taros is clearly effecting the teen, Taros almost senses fear from the undead beast. James holds as does Marius... just for a moment...
    The teen vamp is falling back, and both Marius and James would be running into an open doorway, with evil darkness behind him.

Raven has a plan, but he's got to act now, because as he speedo-jumps, his super-hero vision* slows down enough to see that this vamp kid's fingers are closing in around this woman's neck as if it were a fork into steak.
    Most of you barely see Raven flash forward, but you see what happens. He leaps forward and literally causes Cassy's mom to dimensionally appear shivering at your feet. The vampire is so surprised, he squeezes so hard his claws sink into his palm. "Gahhh!" It hisses as it finds himself face to face with Raven.
    Raven is on the threshold of a large living room, of simple means, but lots of doors, most of them on the riverside of the wall.

The teen vamp falls and cowers at Raven's feet, whimpering weakly. "Please don't kill me!! It hurts! It hurts so much!!" His frosted eyes look to Raven and he reaches out toward him. {not as an attack.}

Mrs. Van Otren looks up at her daughter as if truly seeing her for the first time. "Cassy..." Tears fill her eyes, as she at first appears stunned to see Cassy,"You... you're so... beau... so..." Suddenly as if years of some unknown hate came to being, she will try to stand up and rush Cassy. "You rebel traitor!!!" This woman is about to become a minor thorn in her side as the her mother rushes Cassy with a dagger. "Why did you do this! Rebel scum!!"

{OOC- This woman is no match for any of you, and quick work could be made of her.}

Possible Pause.........

Initiatives:
    James 17+3 {holding}
    Marius 15+3 {holding}
    Raven 3+6 {Yes, lucky... very lucky... I had to recheck Raven's Intiative}
    Teen Vamp
    Cassy 1+6 {Sorry again, kariokie... it's like I have a d6 for you guys...}
    Cara 5+1
    Taros 4+1
    Mrs Van Otren {Not even of much concern}

{* Not a term for any ability other than the cinematic description}
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2008-09-14 at 01:30 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ogre in the Playground

The whole thing happens in a blur. Cara has never been nimble on her toes or light on her feet, and this isn't some kind of surprise. Until her brain catches her up with what's happening, she is a little slow. The flash of a dagger is all she needs to wipe away any hesitation about Cassy's mother. All life may be sacred, but not when it's interested in killing Cassy.

She aims the head of her mace at the head of the woman. "I just have to be sure," she says almost apologetically to Cassy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cara smash Cassy's mom.
    attacks: (1d20+12)[15], (1d20+7)[25]
    damage: (1d8+2)[9] + (1d6)[4](fire) = 13, (1d8+2)[5] + (1d6)[3](fire) = 8
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-09-14 at 08:35 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1191

Raven

His gambit of depriving the feral youth of his prize was more successful than he had expected. Watching the youth at his feet Raven was inclined to free him from this tortured existence, but maybe he could be made to provide useful information. He expected the others on his heels any second now.

Spoiler
    Show
    If the boy still lives and no one has tried to control or interrogate him, Raven attacks.

attack1 - (1d20+18)[32] damage - (3d6+10)[22]
    attack1 - (1d20+13)[25] damage - (3d6+10)[24]

If the boy is dead or under control, Raven peers into the room beyond with his darkvision
    Forum Rules

22. - Top - End - #1192

Marius

Marius was a man, motives aside, that had been in many fights. A split second decision to act or not could bring you into perfect synergy with your allies, or have you trailing behind, every moment playing 'catch-up'. Being in so many fights, battles, wars, etc teach how to anticipate. How to react at almost the same time as the action reacted to. Sometimes you reach the moment perfectly, sometimes not. For Marius, right now was the former.

Bounding into action the second Raven makes his move, Marius follows quickly as he may into the house, upon the scene of a trembling vampire and a triumphant hero.

Spoiler
    Show

Sense Motive - (1d20+10)[11] on the teen vampire's "plea"

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1193

GreataxeFighterGirl

Cassy's right hand glows a bright violet, then flashes and fades. Defenseless, she brings her hand up in front of her face and stumbles backwards, afraid. "No, not, I-" She trips and falls to the ground, hand still in front of her face, her body reflexively curling up slightly.

24. - Top - End - #1194

SolithKnightGuy

Taros

Taros is torn between advancing forward to aid Raven in his gambit, and the sudden reversal of Cassy's mother into a violent, crazed old biddy. With a knife. He hesitates, and stands aghast at the sight of Cara raising her flaming mace to strike down Cassy's mother where she stood. The words "No" forming soundlessly on his lips as he rushes over. Hoping that this once, her deadly mace fails to find purchase...

Spoiler
    Show
    If Cara misses, get between the old woman and Cassy, and punch her:

Attack: (1d20+14)[31] Damage: (1d2+4)[6]

If she hits, and drops the woman, well, he was too late.
    Last edited by Eratosthenes; 2008-09-14 at 08:18 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Troll in the Playground

Default Cassy's Mom Meets Cara's Flaming Mace

Cassy stumbles backwards, and Cara batters the mad woman with her flaming mace. The first blow cracks her side, and flames her body. Cassy's mother tries to scream out, but can't. She is near death when she hits the ground.
    {OOC- She almost all dead...} Her body charred badly where Cara struck her.

Marius seems to think the kid is telling the truth.

Raven sees nothing in this living room, and can turn the defenseless prone teen gaseous with his second round attacks.

The woman will die soon after the teen is gaseous if nothing is done for her.

26. - Top - End - #1196

Raven

Surprised that no one stepped forward to interrogate the kid, Raven turns him to gas. Puzzled, Raven steps out of the doorway and turns to look back at the others. What? He hadn't thought about what he'd see, he'd been busy enough with the vamp kid, but he couldn't have predicted the scene before him. Cassy on the ground, her mother downed too and in flames, Cara clearly having downed the older woman with her mace.

So, this was Cassy's mom, the other half of a parentage that Cassy wouldn't mind seeing dead, which was likely to happen momentarily. Raven had little to add and wouldn't have intervened even if he did. He was barely capable when it came to his own domestic relations, which were thankfully few, let alone get involved in others'. He was always better one on one, in combat and conversation. This would play out, whether fast or slow, with him guarding this doorway, quietly.
    Forum Rules

27. - Top - End - #1197

James witnesses everything happen, but feels slightly detached, powerless. Not a feeling he was used to. This must be what people talk about when they say soldiers need war like war needs soldiers.

The woman he felt obligated to save was ungrateful. What was this? Regardless, he somehow gained some relief in the fact that the woman would be punished on our... Cassy's and Cara's... term, rather than some foul, evil spawn.

He strode up to the porch and over to Raven, sensing by his heroics, then reaction to the aftermath, that he felt much the same way.

Impressive Display, Tiger Disciple. James says knowingly, and takes up a position besides Raven.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

28. - Top - End - #1198

Marius

Hearing the commotion outside, Marius bothers not to investigate, as he figures he knows what's happening already. Instead, he stays in the house, facing in, scanning the darkness for anything out of place.

Spoiler
    Show

I figure spot as opposed to search, as he's merely visually scanning his surroundings as opposed to physically searching through them.

Spot Check - (1d20+2)[8]

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing the woman go down, Cara nods to herself. She shouldn't enjoy the fact that the woman is suffering briefly in her death. Shouldn't. Anyone who had brought Cassy so much pain...well, it is good to know that her soul is going to the Light to be Judged now. "She wanted to kill Cassy," she says bluntly to Taros. "Can you move it away, please?" In case there is any doubt about what 'it' might be, she points to the body.

"Cassy?" She kneels down beside her friend, dropping her mace and yanking off a gauntlet. "Cassy, it's okay. They're gone." Cara reaches for one of Cassy's hands with her own, fully expecting to have it batted away or recoiled from.

30. - Top - End - #1200

Raven

Happy for the distraction, Raven nevertheless has difficulting drawing his eyes from the scene. "Tiger disciple? Oh, that." Suddenly Raven's mentor's fanciful names like 'Claw at the Moon' or 'Claws of Fury' seemed less like the idosyncracies of an old man and more like part of an established order. "I suppose I am a follower of the Tiger Way and," what to call the other one, " the Fiery Path. Though my first exposure to this way of martial discipline was a more shadowy one."

Having heard much about the famed Defender, but barely seeing him in battle, Raven wonders, "You follow a different order?"
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2008-09-15 at 11:24 AM.
    Forum Rules