New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCIV: It's A Working Title!

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Spoiler: Flutter Butter
    Show
    I replayed the DVR recording and unfortunately Mr. and Mrs. Shy are what they're billed as in the ending credits. So, their actual names remain a mystery for now. :/
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure that means anything. It's just the only names they're called in the episode, so it's what the credits list.

That Fluttershy's friends would call them Mr and Mrs Shy while Zeph's friends might call them Mr and Mrs Breeze kinda makes sense, and it's certainly better than the alternative.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by SKarious View Post
    Spoiler: Fluttebutter
    Show

Forget about that annoying horse, did you notice the Link pony in the background?
    He's hauling a cart of rupees and has a heart container cutie mark!
    That was the best part of the episode LOL

I wish he was delivering those to Rarity boutique, so that we see more of him!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    That Fluttershy's friends would call them Mr and Mrs Shy while Zeph's friends might call them Mr and Mrs Breeze kinda makes sense, and it's certainly better than the alternative.
    Spoiler: Flutter Brutter
    Show
    Lazy parent non-names seem to be a thing this season, what with this episode and with The Crystalling's "Mr. and Mrs. Sparkle."

I could see your theory being true if it were a son's or daughter's friends reaching for a name when they don't know the given names, but not as a rule of etiquette. It's too ad hoc and confusing.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    ...what does brutter mean?

Anyway, good episode, Zephyr is highly punchable etc. etc. everyone said the same already. What's worse is that I can somewhat empathise with the whole being afraid of failure thing so if I didn't try at all I would be like Zephyr, which is a really scary thought.

I do like the trait of everypony already knowing Zephyr and his reputation. Saves us some time.

And Zephyr is younger than Fluttershy, which is interesting. I wonder if he's the same age as Pinkie, or younger.

Spoiler
    Show
    And apparently their surname is Shy?

Pony names are weird.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I view it in the same way of kids who don't know what their friend's parents are called so they refer to them as Mr. and Mrs. [first name]. Probably not excusable for Dash since she's known Fluttershy for years, but maybe it's more common for ponies.

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    Spoiler: New ep
    Show

Maybe I'm the only one, but I got a lot of creep vibes from Fluttershy's brother. I think it is kind of funny that the episode never once actually tries to get us to feel bad for him.

It was okay. Probably better than Newbie Dash, at least. I DID get a little bit of schadenfreude from the whole "Rainbow Dash is CRAZY" part, where he actually got zapped with lightning.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He is pretty creepy. The whole thing of moving into someone's house and the redecorating is pretty awful, the fact that he's so touchy-feely with ponies (constanly putting his foreleg around their shoulders) amps it up, but then there's the whole 'telling his parents that Dash had a crush on him' thing which pushes it into major creep town.

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Plus, there was a cameo of Link, so that's pretty funny. Easily the best new character in this episode. Bonus for having him pull a cart of Rupees and having a Heart Container as a cutie mark. Very plausible deniability there, instead of giving him three golden triangles, which would be a little too close for legal to approve, I imagine.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nice! I hadn't noticed him there. That's awesome!

Though not the first time a beloved Nintendo character got ponified.

Spoiler: IDW Comic
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Spamalot in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure that means anything. It's just the only names they're called in the episode, so it's what the credits list.

Show
    I think the writers just make this stuff up as they go. That or pony families really don't have surnaming conventions and they just refer to parents my the child in question's name. I dunno, guess your theory could work too since there's no rules I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Show
    Show
    I think it's just a sibling nickname, since it rhymes with Flutter. No real meaning behind it.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

New pony:

Spoiler: s6e12
    Show
    Fluttershy was magnificent this episode. We get to see her FINALLY showcase all she's learned about not letting people tread all over her. And so many frowny-Fluttershy moments.

Zephyr, however, can go die in a fire. Pretty much everything about him rubs me the wrong way and most of all is his lack of taking responsbility, for like ANTHING.

And despite what they said in the song and afterwards, there was no "believing in him" going on, it was Fluttershy quite rightly sitting his lazy arse down and saying "you work or you get out on your arse, sunshine."

I mean, when I'm not station-side, I'm still in my parents house, but by the Lichemaster, I pull my damn weight (I have done the majority of the housework for years). So, not even the slightest sympathy from me, matey-boy.

Back through thread...

Show
    Well, lookie here. Looks like we have a rare concensus. Huzzah!

Though I am half-expecting Thanq to chime in with something positive about the guy just to be contrary and/or Thanqol-ish...

But otherwise, I think we need to be revving up the admantine blender, Darkspark, I think there's a lazy, creepy, Stuff-Destroying, entitled little colt who would use introducing to it.

Hopereaver, have engineering see if they can set the blades on fire too...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2016-06-04 at 09:01 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    pffft..thats easy
    a nice coating of tar before you begin
    sticky enough to stay on as the blades whirl
    and easy enough to scrape off after burning down
    I'm helping!
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2016-06-04 at 09:24 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

8. - Top - End - #278

Back through thread...
    Show
    Show
    I know, that's like... almost two in a row! How crazy is that?

I was a little disappointed that Spike got tricked so easily into doing the windows. He didn't even get a bribe. Come on Spike, always hold out for a bribe!
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

New pony:

Show
    Fluttershy was magnificent this episode. We get to see her FINALLY showcase all she's learned about not letting people tread all over her. And so many frowny-Fluttershy moments.

Zephyr, however, can go die in a fire. Pretty much everything about him rubs me the wrong way and most of all is his lack of taking responsbility, for like ANTHING.

And despite what they said in the song and afterwards, there was no "believing in him" going on, it was Fluttershy quite rightly sitting his lazy arse down and saying "you work or you get out on your arse, sunshine."

I mean, when I'm not station-side, I'm still in my parents house, but by the Lichemaster, I pull my damn weight (I have done the majority of the housework for years). So, not even the slightest sympathy from me, matey-boy.

Back through thread...

Show

Though I am half-expecting Thanq to chime in with something positive about the guy just to be contrary and/or Thanqol-ish...

But otherwise, I think we need to be revving up the admantine blender, Darkspark, I think there's a lazy, creepy, Stuff-Destroying, entitled little colt who would use introducing to it.

Spoiler: S6 E12
    Show
    Hey! Do you have any remote idea how hard it is for me to find potential test subjects both obnoxious enough that Princess Celestia will look the other way and dumb enough to sign the release forms? I already have a whole list of 'medical' experiments planned out for the little freeloader, who I will hunt down just as soon as my nurse has the anesthesia ready.

Ook! *hefts mallet*

Excellent. By the by, has anypony else noted that Fluttershy seems to be something of a magnet for the more readily punch-able characters? Angel, the rude townsponies, and now Zephyr.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

New pony:
    Spoiler
    Show

First impression of Flutterparents, they are what you would expect. Fluttermom looks like...Twist... Flutterdad seems off with the short mustache and slight lisp.

So, Dash not liking him early on is odd, because she knows him, but we've never seen him being referenced. So, I got this feeling of Dash's only impression of him being his entrance, and her not liking him already. It makes it more amusing.

Call the Cutie Mark Crusaders, this is what they're born for. Oh wait...guessing they're not gonna be in this episode. Even after they complained about how they don't have many opportunities to shine.

FLUTTERSHY SWORE! Ok, not really.

Wooow. I thought Fluttershy was a pushover...

Really not digging the flirting Zephyr is doing with Dash. But I like her just literally shoving him.

Hell, yeah. Get Rarity to do the dirty work. If anyone can talk someone down, it's her.

So, it's not so much that he's a freeloader. He's a narcissist. And an idiot.

Ha. I like how Flutters refers to Twilight as "the princess". Dunno why. Almost in a bragging way.

Did...Fluttershy just do Twilight's calm down thing she learned like two seasons ago from Cadence?

Oh, no. Oh nononono. You dun goofed now. You will suffer the wrath of the ANGEL BUNNY.

FLUTTERSHY SINGING! Everybody shut up! Oh...never mind, it's not her, it's everybody. Maybe next time.

Fluttershy is now officially older than two ponies, Zephyr and Pinkie Pie. Also, Shy is their last name?

Oh my god, it's Link

Overall: I don't...know.Zephyr masked his insecurity with confidence, which I don't really get. I've never been one to mask my true feelings, especially using the exact opposite of it. He's described as a freeloader, but it's not so much that, it's just that he can't commit to anything. He's super annoying, and I guess you're meant to hate him. I like Fluttershy exerting so much assertiveness, more so than ever before. But I wonder if she's only doing it to her brother, and not so much that she's learned to be that way. I like Rainbow Dash being just a d-bag toward him. I like how this just plays so much into Flutterdash shipping. As much as they're supposed to be seen (I assume) as sisters, since they grew up together, you can't deny the insinuations that always come when they spend time together.

So, I guess I ended up liking how the regular cast interacted in this episode, but wasn't big on any new characters that were introduced. Still, I'm glad it happened either way.

Oh, and, relevant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trCf9eCmIHY
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2016-06-04 at 11:31 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Spoiler: new episode
    Show
    Yep, definitely wanted to smack zephyr the second he opened his mouth. Pretty mediocre to bad episode. There are two things that could have been changed that would have made it much better. One, he should have been called out for being such a creeper toward Rainbow Dash, above and beyond everything else he was being called out for. And two, we should have seen him getting zapped by RD. That was definitely the highlight of the episode. Well, that and RD's face right after Fluttershy's parents say she's been pining for Zephyr. I'm sure there's already a gif of it somewhere, but I haven't found it yet.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: Newep
    Show
    You know, I have to admit that it's hard to be unbiased about this episode because of my own family situation. I have a younger brother too who is almost as bad as Zephyr. He's actively going to college at least, which keeps him out of the house. Which is good, because he thinks he's God's gift to psychoanalysis, that he's the only neutral party in the house, and then gets angry or worse blatantly manipulative when we don't bend over backwards to accommodate him.

So keep that in mind when I say that I was actually hoping to find out that Zephyr had a good reason for being a wart on the plot of the show. Nope, just "I'm afraid of failure so I never try." As a bit of a perfectionist who has that same problem sometimes, I'm afraid I have little sympathy.

And yet, I still enjoyed it. Zephyr is shown to be immature and the very model of a sleazy douchebag. The expressions on Fluttershy, and the way she actually goes and shows all the things she's learned about assertiveness and standing up for herself. Plus the expressions were a joy. I kinda wondered why Applejack and the Cakes were never involved in setting him straight, but we don't get everything we want.

And apparently Shy's parents even ship Dash and Zephyr. Huh.

Overall, not bad. Not good, by any stretch of the imagination, but not completely terrible.

Spoiler: NewepAdditional
    Show
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/6242322.html#cutid1
    Anyone feel that you might be the paper girls had your younger self saw your current life? More so for me since I come from less-fortunate country that made 24hr electricity and cable tv (and still is) seem like a miracle to my youngerself.
    On the otherhand, you would be upset by lack of Triceratron arc (2003 TMNT had them).
    Last edited by t209; 2016-06-05 at 02:15 AM.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Show
    Haha, that's perfect ^^

And yet he just keeps on trying.

Show
    You know, I wonder ... in some languages, Rainbow Dash is dubbed as male (with a male voice actor). Is that going to mean that in those countries, the show will officially portray Zeph as gay?

15. - Top - End - #285
    Colossus in the Playground

Episode!

Spoiler
    Show

I really liked this on account of it being such practical advice. Zephyr, and the emotional conditions that create Zephyrs, are real things that people have to deal with and providing kids with the vocabulary to identify it and confront it effectively is very useful.

Also, Zephyr was a great villain because he presented a problem that nopony had ever had to deal with anything like before and he really got a lot of ponies to show unusual sides of themselves. Nopony could stand him, but at the same time you can't just tell him to leave forever because if you do he will literally die in the forest. That's a real thing.

Also Rainbow Dash made her total disinterest in stallions perfectly clear.

Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dude is spot on at hair stylin'. He got some pretty awesome styles out of Fluttershy when he was messing with her.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, Daniel Ingram won a Leo Award for the music in Crusaders of the Lost Mark.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    He deserves it. That might very well be the best music out of pony.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

18. - Top - End - #288

Quote Originally Posted by Toastkart View Post
    Show
    One, he should have been called out for being such a creeper toward Rainbow Dash, above and beyond everything else he was being called out for. And two, we should have seen him getting zapped by RD.
    Show
    Yeah, RD needs to put her hoof down on Zeph's creeper antics. Though I disagree on needing to see Dash zap him with the lightning. I think leaving it to the imagination and just showing the result is funnier. :D

Spoiler: Newep
    Show
    I kinda wondered why Applejack and the Cakes were never involved in setting him straight, but we don't get everything we want.

And apparently Shy's parents even ship Dash and Zephyr. Huh.
    Show
    If you consider the likely result of baked bads should Zeph try and help the cakes, it's probably best that he keep out of their kitchen. :3 As for AJ, I think that goes way beyond babysteps. Note that Flutters was looking for simple jobs to get Zeph started.

Shy's parents are probably under the wrong impression thanks to Zeph.

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/6242322.html#cutid1
    Anyone feel that you might be the paper girls had your younger self saw your current life? More so for me since I come from less-fortunate country that made 24hr electricity and cable tv (and still is) seem like a miracle to my youngerself.
    I've always liked computers, so I probably would be like those paper girls. Probably making comparisons to Star Trek.

Show
    You know, I wonder ... in some languages, Rainbow Dash is dubbed as male (with a male voice actor). Is that going to mean that in those countries, the show will officially portray Zeph as gay?
    Show
    It's a progressive thing being accepted more as time goes on so maybe it will turn out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Episode!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I really liked this on account of it being such practical advice. Zephyr, and the emotional conditions that create Zephyrs, are real things that people have to deal with and providing kids with the vocabulary to identify it and confront it effectively is very useful.

Also Rainbow Dash made her total disinterest in stallions perfectly clear.
    Show
    It's something parents have to confront early with children so that they don't get as bad as Zeph does. It is quite easy to give children the fairy tale world that everything gets fixed with a Disney song and dance number, but I feel you have to show them what failure looks like and to not be afraid of it. Show it in a positive way that one can still learn something from failure and be able to use that knowledge to succeed. I used video games to teach my daughter that.

Well, disinterest in Zeph. She might still like other stallions.

And he totally earned that award for the great music he does. :3
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    pffft..thats easy
    a nice coating of tar before you begin
    sticky enough to stay on as the blades whirl
    and easy enough to scrape off after burning down
    I'm helping!
    At those kinds of rotation speeds?

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Episode!

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, Zephyr was a great villain because he presented a problem that nopony had ever had to deal with anything like before and he really got a lot of ponies to show unusual sides of themselves. Nopony could stand him, but at the same time you can't just tell him to leave forever because if you do he will literally die in the forest. That's a real thing.
    Show
    Absolutely. You can't pollute the forest with that sort of thing! This is why giant, not-quite flaming (they're still working on it) admantine blenders were invented, to dispose of the waste in appropriate manner!

20. - Top - End - #290

Show
    Well, that and RD's face right after Fluttershy's parents say she's been pining for Zephyr. I'm sure there's already a gif of it somewhere, but I haven't found it yet.
    Is this the one?
    Spoiler: RD gif
    Show

Edit--
    For reals? More Trixie?
    <3
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2016-06-05 at 08:15 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #291
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Show
    Spoiler: new ep additional
    Show
    heh, that was a great moment.

Show
    Yeah, RD needs to put her hoof down on Zeph's creeper antics. Though I disagree on needing to see Dash zap him with the lightning. I think leaving it to the imagination and just showing the result is funnier. :D
    Spoiler: reply
    Show
    The more I think about it, you're probably right.

Is this the one?
    Spoiler: RD gif
    Show
    Spoiler: response
    Show
    That's a good one, too, but not the one I was thinking of. It comes almost at the end of the episode right after Mrs. Shy says 'after all these years of pining for him, it must be so satisfying to see him on the right track'. It's priceless!
    Last edited by Toastkart; 2016-06-05 at 08:32 AM. Reason: forgot a quote tag
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Replies about the new episode, to Diego Havoc, Aotrs Commander, DigoDragon, Pendulous, Balmas, Deadly.
    Spoiler: S6 E11
    Show
    Nothing. They wanted to obfuscate the episode title so it's not obvious that it's about Fluttershy's brother, for the benefit of those people who want to watch the episode completely unspoiled, but are exposed to the titles (because eg. you put it in the spoiler description). They couldn't even brutter to figure out a good name for the episode.

There's some agreement about Zephyr, but not much about the episode. Some of you liked it, some found it mediocre. I really hate it. I still think it was the worst episode of FiM so far. I actually have to watch some older bad episodes now, to remind myself that I love FiM because even the worse episodes are quite good. This Flutter Brutter should just never have been released. Oh, and Aotrs Commander, this was episode number 11, not 12, and that's a good thing, it means we'll still get two good episodes before the break.
    I know, that's like... almost two in a row! How crazy is that?
    What two in a row? I didn't notice anyone other than me getting peeved by the Plaid Stripes kid. Oh wait… that's not in a row, there was another episode in between, about the spa and Applejack and Rarity.

Call the Cutie Mark Crusaders, this is what they're born for. Oh wait...guessing they're not gonna be in this episode. Even after they complained about how they don't have many opportunities to shine.

FLUTTERSHY SWORE! Ok, not really.
    Oh yes, the Cutie Mark Crusaders might work (I was thinking Fluttershy should call Pinkie Pie instead, mind you), although Fluttershy took all this personally, so I can't really imagine her asking the CMC to deal with it. The parent covering their child's ears would be funnier if this was the first time it happened, but it isn't, it was already done much better in S5 E1.

I kinda wondered why Applejack and the Cakes were never involved in setting him straight, but we don't get everything we want.
    Heh, he's such a douchebag that almost anypony could set him right: Fluttershy, the CMC, Pinkie Pie, or Applejack.

No. Male voice actor, but still female. Can confuse a few kids, since Rainbow doesn't often behave like a girl, but it's not a problem per se, at least if the dubbing is otherwise done well. Rainbow's and Applejack's gender are more or less irrelevant to the show most of the time. Consider Spike, who is clearly male, and behaves as such, but in the original he's voiced by a female voice actor Cathy Weseluck.

Ah, finally some good news today! Thanks. (The plumber promised he'd come on the weekend, but now he texted me he's free only on Monday, when I'm completely busy.)

23. - Top - End - #293

Spoiler: response
    Show
    That's a good one, too, but not the one I was thinking of. It comes almost at the end of the episode right after Mrs. Shy says 'after all these years of pining for him, it must be so satisfying to see him on the right track'. It's priceless!
    Show
    Ah, okay. I had to see the ending again to find which look it was. Well I'll keep an eye out on my next Tumblr run. I'm sure it exists.

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Replies about the new episode, to Diego Havoc, Aotrs Commander, DigoDragon, Pendulous, Balmas, Deadly.
    Spoiler: S6 E11
    Show
    What two in a row? I didn't notice anyone other than me getting peeved by the Plaid Stripes kid. Oh wait… that's not in a row, there was another episode in between, about the spa and Applejack and Rarity.
    Right, hence the word 'almost'.
    Close, but not quite.

Well the internet finally broke me. It made me react like this to TrixieXGlimmer shipping.
    Spoiler
    Show

What made me bust out laughing when I saw the artwork was that my daughter in the living room was playing Pokemon at the time and she shouted "Yay, I finally defeated my rival!" as the image came up. You could not choreograph that better.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2016-06-05 at 09:29 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: My Little Pony XCIV: It's A Working Title!

New pony:

Show
    Spoiler: S6E12 - Flutter brutter is obviously one of those sugary not-good-for-you sandwiches
    Show
    Its good whenever you get to see REAL character growth on MLP, and I'm thinking this one will stick! Fluttershy isn't a doormat anymore and will never be again.

Show

Spoiler: S6e13 and later - A new Breeze is blowing in
    Show
    I suspect Zephyr is going to come back from time to time, and I doubt we'll be seeing much of the "good for nothing stay at his parents home boy" again.

Not sure what the direction they will take with him, but his obvious thing for Rainbow Dash was very heavily emphasized...that looks ripe for the main dilemma of a future episode.
    Last edited by Reddish Mage; 2016-06-05 at 10:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Here's an interesting one for you, ponythread...

Spoiler: Aotrs Nebula version 1.0
    Show

Usin' cutting edge (aha) technology.

To be sprayed black and then have colour dabbed on with a kitcen roll (works well enough for Dad's smoke), and will be deployed on angel hair of the appropriate colour.

Still to be properly tested, but at the moment, already lookin' cloud/nebula like, do we think?

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

I just want to mention something about S6 E9. In S6 E9 (sweep sweep sweep), the rest of the Mane Six helped Rarity in opening the store, and they tried to prevent Rarity from seeing their failures, by locking her in the window display. In S5 E3 (I'm pancake, and also the mattress springs go squeak squeak), the rest of the Mane Six helped Twilight decorating the castle, and tried to keep her away with spa and massage. In S6 E9, at first the Mane Six tried to do everything the way they think Rarity would want, but then figured that Rarity knows each of them well and trusts them, so they decide to instead lead the shop like they want. In S5 E3, at first the Mane Six tried to decorate the castle with pigs and trophies and warming quilts, everything that makes them feel home, but then decided instead to decorate the castle with whatever Twilight likes. So which lesson is better?

Unrelated:
    Spoiler: future episodes
    Show
    Why isn't the title and TV guide description of S6 E13 announced yet? Is that normal?

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

It's a horrible mispronunciation of the word 'brother' in order to make it rhyme.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Unrelated:
    Show
    Why isn't the title and TV guide description of S6 E13 announced yet? Is that normal?
    Spoiler: Future episodes, sort of
    Show
    They've said the mid-season break starts after the next episode, so it isn't surprising that S6E13 hasn't been announced yet.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299

Still to be properly tested, but at the moment, already lookin' cloud/nebula like, do we think?
    I feel like there's a maze board game to be had here, and that is a pretty nifty prospect. But yeah, I think that this is a fun idea going on. I'd like to see the finished product.

So which lesson is better?
    I think Rec Row has the better lesson. It's more fun and playful with how the problems unfold and then get resolved (raccoon waiters, boutique dance floor, spoon-gloves, etc.), plus the way the narrative is framed as a series of diner interviews is different than the usual straightforward story.

Unrelated:
    Show
    I dunno. Maybe the title gives away too much so they're keeping it hidden until later.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Spoiler: Future episodes, sort of
    Show
    They've said the mid-season break starts after the next episode, so it isn't surprising that S6E13 hasn't been announced yet.
    Show
    NOOOOOO! That's terrible, terrible news. It means we'll only get one good episode before the break, unlike last time when we got two excellent episodes, the one with Minuette and the one with the Tantabus. They're robbing us of a good episode!