New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous IC [3.5, Group B]

Tellos bringing his hand up in salute

Greetings, Sir

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Titan in the Playground

Jemus, seeing the situation resolve itselft, waits for a moment covering the group as he files in last.
    At Anevia's introduction, he bows slightly "Thank you for your hospitality." he says with an unreadable grin.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ettin in the Playground

Trawyn Fellwine

Stepping forward at his introduction, "T'is good to meet you Commander, if not at all under pleasant circumstances. When the city was betrayed we," motioning to his companions, "all of us, were trapped beneath the rubble and ruin far underground. There we somewhat surprisingly found aid, but also had to fight our way through several cultists."

Nodding to Semult, "My friend here is correct, we're in need of someone with healing capabilities that far surpass our own as you can see we've a couple that are grievously wounded."

With a heavy sigh of relief, "It is good, though, to alas find safe harbor in a sea of troubles. Is there anything you would have of us."

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Colossus in the Playground

"I'm afraid the kind of magic that can heal their injuries is more than we have here, too," Irabeth says. "But here, come into the back."

She leads you into an office that barely has room for all of you, shuts the door, and says, "So far, we've been trying to collect the survivors here. Areelu Vorlesh apparently showed up long enough to cast a spell to try to convince people to surrender; from what I've heard of her, I'm surprised she didn't annihilate us all, but she hasn't been seen on the battlefield and we've gone surprisingly unmolested since we barricaded ourselves in here. I don't trust this, but I'm not sure what to do about it. You said you found aid underground?"

"Show her the letter," Anevia says, looking at Alamryn.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Perhaps Vorlesh was projecting her presence and not actually here? Her words did hold sway. We found a mercenary for the crusade heeding her words and killing all the innocents he could find. We put an end to him and his ravings."
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

6. - Top - End - #1086

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "I'm afraid the kind of magic that can heal their injuries is more than we have here, too," Irabeth says. "But here, come into the back."

She leads you into an office that barely has room for all of you, shuts the door, and says, "So far, we've been trying to collect the survivors here. Areelu Vorlesh apparently showed up long enough to cast a spell to try to convince people to surrender; from what I've heard of her, I'm surprised she didn't annihilate us all, but she hasn't been seen on the battlefield and we've gone surprisingly unmolested since we barricaded ourselves in here. I don't trust this, but I'm not sure what to do about it. You said you found aid underground?"

"Show her the letter," Anevia says, looking at Alamryn.
    "What letter?", for a moment Alamryn looks honestly puzzled, before her mind manages to retrieve the right memories, "Oh right! The people underground! Chief Sull sent a message." She searches her pockets for the letter and hands it over.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ogre in the Playground

Tellos

No, the Cultist Letter.

8. - Top - End - #1088

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Novabomb View Post
    Tellos

No, the Cultist Letter.
    "Oh, right. That's what it was. Yes, we found that on a nasty person that almost killed."

9. - Top - End - #1089

Irabeth reads the letter quickly, and then again more slowly. "What is Vorlesh doing with the wardstone? That might be the answer to why she hasn't killed us yet, and if it is, I don't think we're going to like it.

This might give us a clue where to look for more information. Three cultist safehouses--Nyserian Manor," she slows, "Topaz Solutions, and the Tower of Estrod. That Kandro Nyserian's home is a safe house is disturbing; I wonder if he's a cultist himself or they killed him to take over his home--but the former seems more likely.

In any event. Will you investigate these places? I'll see what we can figure out about what the demons are planning in the meanwhile."

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ogre in the Playground

Tellos
    I first need to discover if my mother yet lives. Do you know the fate of Sherry Arcslinger?

11. - Top - End - #1091

Irabeth shakes her head. "I'm sorry, I don't. Hopefully, she'll yet find her way here."

12. - Top - End - #1092

"I can't speak for anyone else but I will go, with help. It's been a long day. Head out at first light tomorrow?"
    Show
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)

13. - Top - End - #1093

Griffon

"I... yes, I will go too", Alamryn says after a moment of hesitation.

Wasn't that what I came here for, originally? To fight the demons, make a difference?

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

Tellos
    I will check what remains of my home. I will give you my answer once I return.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Titan in the Playground

Jemus sits back and watches the conversation flow, ferreting out details he didn't know before. As the others chime in, he nods in acquiescence.
    Irabeth, I too will go to lend what help I can." he says with a small bow.

16. - Top - End - #1096

"Of course. I'll make arrangements for you to have beds. You said something about a Chief Sull?" Irabeth looks at Tellos and asks, "Where is your house?"

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

Tellos
    It is in the Ring District 6th house on the 3rd street.

18. - Top - End - #1098

"Oh." Irabeth looks shaken by that. "I'm afraid your house is in the prison camp Vorlesh set up."

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ogre in the Playground

Tellos takes a deep breathe, and pauses for a moment.
    Ok... thats a non-starter. If she is alive, she will not be at home. I will have to pray for her safety for now. Chief Sull is the leader of the underfolk. He offered us aid and shelter while we were trying to make it back to the surface. This is the message he left in our care: "We may be outcasts and freaks in the eyes of upworlders, but our ancestors fought to drive back the demons in the First Crusade. We will stand with those who defend Kenabres, if they will accept our help."

20. - Top - End - #1100

"What?" Irabeth blinks in astonishment at Tellos.

It's at least a minute before she speaks further, so someone may well either repeat or try to clarify, but even without clarification, she finally says, "Descendants of the First Crusade? Really? I heard of the theory, but I didn't think they were real. Where did you emerge from underground?"

You can tell her approximately where the sewer you emerged from is.

21. - Top - End - #1101

Semult stepped up too. "Yes, he gave us aid without cost. Without that we would not have made it back to the surface. They are real and a potential ally." Semult describes where they reached the surface.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Titan in the Playground

Jemus stands and listens, as he absorbs more of the tail of his new-found allies.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ettin in the Playground

Trawyn

The bard nods in agreement, "They are very real, and they stand ready to assist the forces that defend the city still. I do not know their story in it's entirety, but I did see them with my own eyes, heard their leader with my own ears, and stand here because of their assistance."

Looking at the others for a moment, Trawyn considers the fate of the city weighed against that of one man, then speaks softly, "I will lend my assistance to the investigation of these places as well....after a drink, some food, and a good night's rest"
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2018-04-01 at 04:31 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1104

"I'll contact these descendants of the First Crusade. And thank you, for bringing Anevia back to me."

Outside the office, the inn is quite crowded with refugees--nearly all of them noncombatants. The innkeeper, Quednys Orlun, gives you food and drinks, waving away any suggestion of payment, but your quarters for the night are cramped.

In the morning, you have a decision to make about which cultist safe house you plan on investigating first. Anevia and Aravashnial do not join you for breakfast or for travel preparations; you can find them fairly easily if you look for them, but neither independently seems to expect to accompany you further.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ettin in the Playground

Trawyn Fellwine

After a warm meal and a cool drink of ale, the bard glances around at the ever growing group of refugees before pushing back his chair and moving toward the back of the room. Once there he climbs upon a table and blows a series low melancholy notes on his horn. Slowly Trawyn coaxes a melody from the instrument as the gathered masses begin to turn and pay attention. He continues to play for a few brief minutes, and subtly weaves a few ligther-spirit notes into the tapestry. Lowering the horn, he gazes out into the sea of weary and dirty faces, many marked with tears and sorrow. And he begins to sing...

You've got to break from the past
    You've got to leave it behind you
    You know the feeling won't last
    Don't let tragedy confine you

No matter what we have to face
    The sun will shine again
    Although the scars will leave a trace
    The sun will rise again

Just like a killer of time
    Don't let tragedy define you
    You've got to make up your mind
    Now it's your turn to fight

The sun will shine again
    The sun will rise again

Joy is not eclipsed by despair
    Nobody knows of tomorrow
    This too we'll learn to bear
    Turn the page on your sorrow

The sun will shine again
    The sun will rise again
    It's time to turn another page
    The sun will shine again
    Somehow this too shall pass away
    The sun will rise again

For well over an hour the bard performs, mixing heroic tales, ballads, and the occasional hymn. Late in the evening he weaves his healing magics into his last couple of performance before retiring to bed.

Spoiler: Healing Hymn
    Show
    In addition, if you use this ability for 1 full minute before you and your allies retire for the night, everyone in the group heals naturally as if he had completed 24 hours of bed rest (thus recovering twice his character level in hitpoints). If the music is interrupted, the magic of the song is lost.

Before turning in for the night, Trawyn will collect the spellbooks the party has collected and call upon his innate magic to decipher the spells contained within. As he goes through the books he points out the specifics of each spell to Semult.

Spoiler: Spells
    Show
    Dwarf: color spray, detect secret doors, grease, mage armor, magic missile, shocking grasp, silent image, blur, fog cloud, invisibility, levitate, and resist energy. Librarium: alarm, resist energy, dispel magic, greater magic weapon, magic circle vs. chaos, dismissal, and dimensional lock.

As the party gathers in the early light of the morning, Trawyn will suggest they first investigate Nyserian Manor. "Shall we?"
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2018-04-04 at 04:54 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1106

Griffon

Alamryn listens to Trawyn's performance as long as he continues, then goes to find a free spot to sleep in. The music has calmed her mind somewhat and in the morning she wakes up feeling hopeful. Compared to yesterday, weren't things better already?

"I have no opinion on where we should go first", she says over breakfast as the topic comes up, "I haven't been here too long, and don't really know the area yet."

Spoiler: Kish
    Show
    Question, Alamryn's animal companion Nyra is an eagle, but it hasn't been around (since we were underground and all). Could she call for it the next time the party goes outside or something?

27. - Top - End - #1107

Semult also grabs Tellos to be there for Trawyn's spellbook findings. While Trawyn sings Semult ponders the spells in the books and offers the aid of his own spellbook for Tellos to choose spells for the following day. In the morning he'll take advantage of the warm meal then cast Read Magic on the spellbooks himself so that he can make use of them himself. "Nyserian Manor works for me."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Semult has been in the city for a few years, so should know his way around. What more does he know of the manor and the relative positioning of the 3 safe houses?
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ogre in the Playground

Tellos
    Lets go. If possible after, I would like to see if Mr Gwerm made it back to his home. He was not with us when we discovered this haven.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ettin in the Playground

Trawyn

After Semult and Trawyn share what little they know about Nyserian Manor, "Let's be about it then. The sooner started the sooner finished."

30. - Top - End - #1110

The city looks just as devastated as last night. As Alamryn's eagle flutters down to her, a now-familiar booming, melodious female voice echoes from the wall around you, "People of Kenabres, you should not throw your lives away needlessly. I desire nothing more than an end to this pointless bloodshed. Come to the Ring District and tell the guards there you wish to surrender to Areelu Vorlesh. You have my word of honor that as long as you cooperate, you will not be harmed."

Searching Nyserian Manor, once you've reached it, proves exceedingly quick and straightforward: it's no longer there. Judging by the debris, it appears it was hit at great speed by an adamantite wedge the size of an elephant. There is nothing left but a pile of rubble and a gouged trough of ruin.