New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Girl Genius XX: Endothermic Life Forms Are Inherently Heretical

I just realized--!

It seems likely the Storm King is a Spark--a really smart scientist type guy.

Right now, possibly due to some experiment of his or someone else (but that he was likely involved in) he seems to be green.

He's also very, very angry.

The Storm King is the Incredible Hulk, isn't he?
    Last edited by Ellen; 2016-06-13 at 11:01 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

All I can think of is expressed in this video, https://youtu.be/SAqq11HYMsk

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I just realized--!

It seems likely the Storm King is a Spark--a really smart scientist type guy.

Right now, possibly due to some experiment of his or someone else (but that he was likely involved in) he seems to be green.

He's also very, very angry.

The Storm King is the Incredible Hulk, isn't he?
    I bet he isn't a Spark, and that someone (probably the Heterodynes) inflicted this on him without his consent. Maybe they fed him Jagerbrau or just straight Dyne water.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ellen View Post
    the storm king is the incredible hulk, isn't he?
    hulk feel smashy! Everyone else here, also smashy... Hulk have to work hard to stand out in this place

Edit: appears the forum doesn't like all-caps Hulk-speech. Smashy.
    Last edited by Darth Tom; 2016-06-14 at 06:28 AM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

You need to put at least one word in small caps to write in all caps. A smilie counts as that word, incidentally.
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

CANDLE JACK DEMONSTRATE FOR PUNY HUMANS! CANDLE JACK STRONGEST THERE IS!

Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2016-06-14 at 11:18 AM.

7. - Top - End - #247

BlueWizardGirl

Keep him from destroying all he had built? Do they mean by marrying a Heterodyne? Or something else?

And did he call Agatha "wench"? Really?

Well, at least, we know she doesn't have an uncanny resemblance to her great-great-etc. grandmother or aunt or distant cousin.

But, wish I knew what the Storm King was like in saner/less emotionally overwrought days and whether or not he's about to explode.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Who is Agatha's Master supposed to be?

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    Who is Agatha's Master supposed to be?
    There's the irony of it. Andy Valois assumes that the current reigning Heterodyne is a man (presumably due to previous experience, and the fact that whenever it comes up it's hammered home that Agatha being a girl and in charge is an abnormality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

10. - Top - End - #250

Keep him from destroying all he had built? Do they mean by marrying a Heterodyne? Or something else?
    Probably something else. I'm guessing that his condition, whatever exactly it is, caused him to go on some sort of destructive rampage.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hmmm. "Servant of your new ally?" Not to mention that Van Rijn and Prende felt he needed to be locked up?

Did the Storm King ally with the reigning Heterodyne of his time, not just Euphrosynia?
    ~Xel

12. - Top - End - #252

And did he call Agatha "wench"? Really?
    Of course... Heterodyne is family of monsters and Heterodyne girlfriend "betrayed him" and Storm King is in grumpy mood.

It could be that Storm King is a type of "Other" right now, similar to how Lucy got more powerful and dangerous after doing something.

13. - Top - End - #253

RedWizardGuy

So in the confusion, they have of course remembered to deal with Madwa right?

14. - Top - End - #254

Quote Originally Posted by JavaScribe View Post
    Nope. She's taken the lantern and split.

OK, OK, I don't know that but, that's what I'm predicting.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    The lantern's broken, so Madwa's welcome to it at this stage.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    The lantern's broken, so Madwa's welcome to it at this stage.
    What can be broken can be repaired.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post

OK, OK, I don't know that but, that's what I'm predicting.
    She was disintegrated with historic lightning

18. - Top - End - #258
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

His mace appears to be pretty powerful on its own, but he wants the sword. That's got to be some sword. And the Storm King does not care about your petty walls and floors and ceilings, and probably not a whit for the tomes of the library. He's going straight for his goal. And setting aside his mace, he can one-handed curl a woman-sized clank with apparently no effort.

If the Storm King isn't a Spark in his own right, he's something else special.

Things have changed - the new Heterodyne is standing right there and you're speaking to her.

EDIT: Oh, and the tone of voice changes in the last speech bubble. He went from "angry Storm King" to "angry Storm King trying to sound intimidating", which is probably pretty daunting, even to Agatha.
    Last edited by Shining Wrath; 2016-06-15 at 06:21 AM.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xel View Post
    Hmmm. "Servant of your new ally?" Not to mention that Van Rijn and Prende felt he needed to be locked up?

Did the Storm King ally with the reigning Heterodyne of his time, not just Euphrosynia?
    That is the only way I can parse that comment. Although whether it was Clem, or his son, Euphrosynia's brother, we don't know. Yet.

Of course, Prende doesn't know who Agatha is, either...

Quote Originally Posted by JavaScribe View Post
    The other two Smoke Knights were right there, with 'kill on sight' orders from Grandmother, and Madwa's hand is mummified. It may have been lights out for her.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGuy

Unlikely. Prende is probably just assuming things. Someone came, claiming to have the Storm King's interest at heart, wearing the Heterodyne insignia. She also asked how much things had changed, really, maybe thinking 'huh, the hetrodyne and the storm king's family working together? What a turnabout.' SHe seemed dubious then, but now, she'll take anything that could convince her king to take her with him.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Remember how Martellus reacted when he thought people were trying to usurp him as Storm King... this could be interesting

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Maybe, but there are many other possibilities. I think Prende may have been referring to Tarvek and jumped to the conclusion that Agatha is his servant since she was trying to free him. Prende apparently concluded that the other muses working with Tarvek meant that Tarvek was a good guy and on the same side as Prende and Andronicus. (Yes, Tarvek claimed to be the new Storm King, but he didn't know that Andronicus was still around, so that didn't make him a rival.) Alternatively, Prende might have concluded that since Agatha was trying to help someone who seemed to be the legitimate Storm King, the ruling Heterodyne had chosen to ally with their side recently and had sent Agatha to help. Yet another possibility is that it had something to do with Aldin claiming that they were with the Immortal Library, although I'm not sure how that would work.

I wouldn't be surprised if Andronicus at least teamed up with a Heterodyne in an attempt to find Euphrosynia or at least made some sort of a deal with them that was intended to help him find her. Since Agatha was trying to help Tarvek, Prende may have concluded that the relationship had continued to improve in the last two hundred years.

23. - Top - End - #263

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tom View Post
    Remember how Martellus reacted when he thought people were trying to usurp him as Storm King... this could be interesting
    You mean other than hitting his cousin with a thrown dagger coated with Sparky poison right in the heart?

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    You mean other than hitting his cousin with a thrown dagger coated with Sparky poison right in the heart?
    For Martellus and Tarvek's family, that's just saying "Hello".

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

On the new ally thing, I assume that's referring to Euphrosynia's father. Remember that his marriage to her was a political one as much as anything - it was a classic Medieval marriage alliance. By marrying the Heterodyne heir to the Storm King, they're cementing an alliance between two powerful warring houses. Prende still referring to that Heterodyne as "the new ally" indicates that whatever Van Rijin did, it was not very long after the wedding. Heck, he also mentions a battle, and the wedding was due to take place on the battlefield with the armies still encamped, so it's possible it happened right then.

26. - Top - End - #266

Honestly I'm thinking that should Martellus meet the storm king then he'll either be Worfed or he'd try to be sneaky and get the king to attack Gil. Martellus has looked up info on the storm king, so he could easily know what he looked like and understand what he could do. So I can see him trying to be sneaky to get what he wants.

As for the idea of the Storm King not being a spark... I'm betting that he's a spark if for no other reason then that he would be immune to the wasps.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town

27. - Top - End - #267

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    For Martellus and Tarvek's family, that's just saying "Hello".
    "My aunt never tried to kill me ... well, at least not very hard" - Violetta. Probably not an exact quote. But yeah, their family reunions probably required them to import food tasters from other continents because no one in Europa would be stupid enough to do the job for any gold.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    On the new ally thing, I assume that's referring to Euphrosynia's father. Remember that his marriage to her was a political one as much as anything - it was a classic Medieval marriage alliance. By marrying the Heterodyne heir to the Storm King, they're cementing an alliance between two powerful warring houses. Prende still referring to that Heterodyne as "the new ally" indicates that whatever Van Rijin did, it was not very long after the wedding. Heck, he also mentions a battle, and the wedding was due to take place on the battlefield with the armies still encamped, so it's possible it happened right then.
    They were married? I never got that impression from anything in the comic. I thought that Euphrosynia disappeared first.

What happened in the novel? Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Egneil View Post
    As for the idea of the Storm King not being a spark... I'm betting that he's a spark if for no other reason then that he would be immune to the wasps.
    I think that whatever was done to him that makes him look the way he does might be enough to make him immune. Jägers were regular people once, but became immune when they were turned into Jägers, so perhaps turning the Storm King into a green monster made him immune, too.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"My aunt never tried to kill me ... well, at least not very hard" - Violetta. Probably not an exact quote. But yeah, their family reunions probably required them to import food tasters from other continents because no one in Europa would be stupid enough to do the job for any gold.
    Isn't that every family reunion since the dawn of mankind?

Maybe with a bit less "actively trying to kill each other", but in general there shouldn't be much of a difference.
    Last edited by Kantaki; 2016-06-16 at 10:04 AM.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

30. - Top - End - #270

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Isn't that every family reunion since the dawn of mankind?

Maybe with a bit less "actively trying to kill each other", but in general there shouldn't be much of a difference.
    Most family reunions don't feature Sparks with a talent for poison and / or assassination.

I mean, mine do, but I always thought we were different.