New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Gravaton Cleric Pistol Gunslinger | Master of Many Styles Monk gestault

So I had this idea of Blending together gunslinger and monk. Clearly though, you can't flurry of blows with a gun. But you can flurry of styles..

However one slight issue I've ran into. I don't know what styles to blend together. The main style is of course going to be Empty Quiver Style, as it allows all my pistols to be treated at light maces.

But what to blend with it?

How to deal with the fact that you can't reload the pistols with only two hands?

I've thought about mixing in two levels of Juggler Bard so I can juggle my firearms and reload them.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

2. - Top - End - #2
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Gravaton Cleric Pistol Gunslinger | Master of Many Styles Monk gestault

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    How to deal with the fact that you can't reload the pistols with only two hands?

I've thought about mixing in two levels of Juggler Bard so I can juggle my firearms and reload them.
    How about more hands? Be a Kasatha and you can reload your pistols with hands 3 and 4. Their stat bonuses are also ideal for Monk, Cleric, and Gunslinger.

Alternatively, be a race with a prehensile tail/tongue, like a Vanara, Grippli, or a Tiefling variant that gets a Wis bonus.

I'm not sure what style combos best with EQ though.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2016-06-02 at 09:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Gravaton Cleric Pistol Gunslinger | Master of Many Styles Monk gestault

You can use Gun Twirling to put away a gun as a free action before reloading, but it requires quite a few feats that you might not be able to fit in to your build.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between his shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style."
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas
    As the old saying goes, "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby get his ass wrecked."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

If third party is allowed, Gunsmoke Mystic is basically what you want in a single class. It's in the Path of War Expanded book.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

hm...

Ok, first, we have to check some facts and RAW ruling. Empty Quiver is a bit unambiguous whether Weapon Focus and Gun Training will still work when using it as a close combat weapon.

(Going with Revolver) If yes, IŽd propose Gunslinger//(U)Monk with Empty Quiver, Ascetic Style feat chains and Weapon Style Mastery to blend them. Add Weapon Trick: Free Hand Maneuver, get Blowout Shot to disengage and enabling flying kicks.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Galacktic View Post
    If third party is allowed, Gunsmoke Mystic is basically what you want in a single class. It's in the Path of War Expanded book.
    Or the actual Grammaton Archetype for the Cryptic.