New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis J Hyena's Super Hyena Fun Show: Random Banter Thread #215

The teen titans? More like latrine titans!

I needed to make that bad joke.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Ah, okay.

Oh, are you going with the Savage Species anthropomorphic animals, or are you homebrewing your own? Taking the base PHB races and reskinning them?
    Nah. Characters from the novel I was trying to write and put down after my editor got too snarky too much.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Full power is only for heating up the stove/pan or for boiling water. Not even pasta can be made with full power (it usually boils over). Good luck with your future endeavours, though! I mean, mistakes is the way to learning.
    You can't, like, bring the pasta water to a boil and then turn it down without having boil over? That's some sizzle.

Surprised you can't flash-sear a nice, rare, bloody steak on that heat, though.

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    The teen titans? More like latrine titans!

I needed to make that bad joke.
    I don't think I've ever heard one of their antagonists pull that one, but it would be fitting, I suppose.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2016-07-15 at 01:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #484
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Rare? Or blue?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

5. - Top - End - #485
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Rare? Or blue?
    I don't think most people even know that blue is an option. I certainly didn't until my chef friend slapped my hands away from the pan once
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

You can't, like, bring the pasta water to a boil and then turn it down without having boil over? That's some sizzle.
    Then you're not cooking the pasta on highest power, you're only boiling up the water, as I mentioned. That said, classical (non-induction) electric stoves have exacly that form of delay.

I prefer my meat cooked, weird coat painting techniques are not going to make it into my cookbook.

Plus, the list would defeat its own purpose if I started listing every exception.

ION:
    It wasn't easy, but I figured out how to set up my computer as a Wi-Fi hotspot for my phone without having to invest in a router. It was prompted by necessity, really, as my surf ran out right in the middle of an extra news broadcast delivering the news about Nice...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

It wasn't easy, but I figured out how to set up my computer as a Wi-Fi hotspot for my phone without having to invest in a router.
    Could you teach me how, please? I only know how to turn my phone into a wifi hotspot for my computer, but not the other way round!

8. - Top - End - #488

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    Could you teach me how, please? I only know how to turn my phone into a wifi hotspot for my computer, but not the other way round!
    It depends on your operating system, but it's incredibly easy to do. What operating system, version, and edition do you have? Also, I assume you have both a physical ethernet port and a wifi card?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ettin in the Playground

It depends on your operating system, but it's incredibly easy to do. What operating system, version, and edition do you have? Also, I assume you have both a physical ethernet port and a wifi card?
    I could be wrong, but I think Goto was joking about a perceived (but probably not actual) mistake in what Teddy said, rather than actually asking for instructions.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1. Wait, what are physical ethernet ports and wifi cards?

*flails about*

I was asking for actual instructions, if that was unclear. Whoops!
    Last edited by goto124; 2016-07-15 at 07:41 AM.

11. - Top - End - #491

Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1. Wait, what are physical ethernet ports and wifi cards?

*flails about*

I was asking for actual instructions, if that was unclear. Whoops!
    WiFi - The friendly name for the set of wireless standards you are using to connect your computers.

Ethernet - The same for physically connecting your computers. Often the lead is blue, sometimes yellow, and rarely red.

Ethernet is not strictly needed if the device you use to connect to the internet is directly connected to your computer, but that's rare these days for most connections. Usually there's a device (modem) which connects to the internet on one side, and the wired (ethernet) network and/or wireless (wifi) network on the other. Your computer then connects to that device using either of those methods.

The easiest way to do it on Windows 7 is to use a free third party tool, Virtual Router. However, it can be done natively in Windows 7, as long as you don't mind using the command prompt.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Troll in the Playground

My sister who lives in Osaka is coming to Finland next month asjfhaeoifhwoifhew. I've not seen her in 5 years.

ALL THE MELONPAN.

crying not crying lol k
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2016-07-15 at 10:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

Yes! It's not quite as easy as Rawhide said, his link gives the radio edit of the story. If your phone is an Android, it may get stuck on "acquiring IP address", in which case you will need to give it a static IP for this network. Do so by navigating to the Wi-Fi list with full settings and pressing your newly set up Wi-Fi network, selecting "modify network". Under "IP settings", change from "DHCP" to "Static" and set the IP address to "192.168.137.2" (this should automatically set the gateway to "192.168.137.1", if it doesn't, do that). I had to do this to make it work, but then it worked.

Your network will turn off automatically when you turn off your computer or put it into hibernation (I don't know about sleep), so you'll have to run netsh wlan start hostednetwork again when you need it again. You can, however, use the Task Scheduler to set up a task for automatically running that command every time you log on, for example. I'm not going to make any security promises, though...

WiFi - The friendly name for the set of wireless standards you are using to connect your computers.
    As a part of my endevour yesterday, I also found out that the name "Wi-Fi" is just non-sense constructed as a pun on "Hi-Fi". Okay, the "Wi" comes from "wireless", but the name doesn't read out as anything which makes sense.

Ethernet - The same for physically connecting your computers. Often the lead is blue, sometimes yellow, and rarely red.
    Often grey, sometimes white... The only colours I don't think I've seen are green and purple, I think...

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    My sister who lives in Osaka is coming to Finland next month asjfhaeoifhwoifhew. I've not seen her in 5 years.

ALL THE MELONPAN.

crying not crying lol k
    Oo, have fun next month!

I mean, have fun this month too, but you know what I mean...

Show

14. - Top - End - #494

Often grey, sometimes white...
    Sometimes grey, rarely white. Also rarely black. Blue is by far the most common, though grey and yellow (and rarely black) make an appearance in a few ADSL/cable modem packages. There was a time when yellow and red were reserved for crossover cables (cables with different wiring to allow two devices to communicate without an intermediary hub or switch).

The only colours I don't think I've seen are green and purple, I think...
    Spoiler: Oh?
    Show

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

What about octarine, smorange, and t̛̹̼̳̥̬̤̮̣̘͖̜͔̼͎͚͘ͅͅh̪̟͇̪͕͚͚̻̜́e̵̡̧͇̞͙̱̹̘̣͉͎̺̗͓ ̯̜ ̨̫̗̺͙̦͇͎͖͓͢͢͟͝c̸̪͍̳̠̗̣̙̜͍͖̪͘ọ̺̗̬͎̝͇̝̩̙̻̥̱́͜͝l̨̕͜͡ ͇̟͚͈͕͉̪̭ͅó̸̮̯̜̺̘͔̮͎̮̮̀͠(͏̵̢̳͍̭̞̝̹͚̳̘ͅu͘҉̻͈̳͓̲̲̯̫̩ ̹̠̪̙)̵̬͖̟͙̮̻͕̤̼̣̹̥͙̗̦̞̕͘͠ͅr̛̤̣̞̠͍͚̪̥̙̩̦̜͈̯̺̕͘͞ ͔ ͏̵̙̦̥̠̻̼̻̱̻̕͢ͅo҉̝͇̲͓̙̦̖͉̳͕̱͈̖̝̫̪͡u͎̫̣̞̱͍̱̠͓̬̺͢t̵̛͜ ͇̻̟̯͈̕ ̸̢̭̞͓̲̥̖̘̣̬͓́̀͡ͅò̵̩̖͙̺̬̝̥͍̲͔̟́̕f͏̢̛̗̤͔̻̮̫͡ͅ ̨̨̫̖̹̗̠̙̙͢͠ͅs̬͎͓̀͢͡p̸̬̬̲̙̱̠̥̞̹̠͍̣̟̳͈͝ͅͅa̵͙͈̖͉͔͎̳͞͝ ̤̬͖͇̰͎̤̱̥͎͖ć̸͉͈͓̞͔̮͕̹̻̭͍̭̗͉̀͝ḛ̷̷̢̛̯̗̱̦͍̬t̷̶̞̰̪̰͞ h̢͇̥̤̲̠͈̦͓̹̦̘͙̠͢͠ͅe̸҉̸̢̼̪̤̩ͅ ̢̺͙̣̭̬̠̞̝͙̪̟͞c̨̢͏̵͈͕͉̮̳̙͚̬̥̠̮̙̻̘̤̯̥̦̟ó̸͓͎͕̖͕͚͙̠̀͡ ̪̭̞̤̰̝l͏̢̨̖̹̲̣̟͖͖͕̣̻͖͉͡ǫ̷͈͈̥̯͙͉͍̦̣͔̺̩̘͔͇̜͘͢ͅ(̬̖̲͘ ̲̤͓̜u͏̸̸̡̝̹͙͙̹̪̯̥)̵̢͢҉̱̺̗̬̙̼̥̪͖r̸̨̘̻̟͚̪͕͇͞͡ ̶̡̨̛͓̳͉̞̺̦̣̪͔͎̙͘ǫ̴̰͚͍̥͠u̷̶͏̙͎̦̞͇̰̼̝̭̦̖̱͚̞̝̗̗t̸̵̀͜ ̙͕̻̹͔̫̜͔̱̤ ́͏̬͙̥̙o̵̺͙̮̩̝͟͝f̛̻̼̺̮͙̹͕͉̖̠͠ ̲̙̺̥͝͝s҉̢̝̟̠̙͓̭̗̞͙͕́͟ͅp̡͏̛͇̺͈͖̯̹̘̱̗̼͕̘̼̖͚̪͕̀͡ͅą̧̨ ͏͔͚̺̫͉͚͎̞̜̺̪͖̻̳͜ͅç͟͟͏̨̪̞̻̭͉̖̤̝̪͉̟ͅe̴̢̡̙͖̞̝͘͢t͍́͟͝ ͓̻̲̥̭̤̳̜h͇̞̣̗̣̬̫̤̹̯͎̹̟̩͘͞e͏̵̵̱͍͙̳̼̻ ̛͏̶͔͈̖̲̹͖͔̥̪̬̻̰̪̼̜ḉ̴̶͍̫̖͙̫̗͖̜̝̣̘͙̖̠̺͎͡ơ͟l̸̷͟͡͝o ̧̡͝(̷̴̛́͜u̸̧͝)̵͜͡r̶͢͢ ̷̵̢́ǫ̷̸̛͞ú͝t̶͡͞͠ ̵̸̧͝͞o̴̧̢̧f̶̕ ̵̡͠s̢̛͘p͘͢͠͞a͟҉͟͞c̴̢͝͝͡ę̴͘̕s̕͜ṕ̶̢͘a̴͏̨͟c̵̷͜e҉̀͢͞ s̸͡p͟͟a̴̷̕͞c̶̵̡̕e̶̷̵̡͠s̵͘a̶͟c̸̸̷̛͠e̷̡͢ć͜͠͞e҉̴̡ ͠
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2016-07-15 at 04:31 PM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I'm going on vacation to New Brunswick to see my cousin in the military, his wife and their 1-year-old baby! Any suggestions on places to visit?
    Last edited by Black Socks; 2016-07-15 at 05:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Wow.... Don't know if there are any Turks on the boards, but if so I hope they're keeping safe. Istanbul looks crazy right now and Ankara is apparently literally a warzone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis J Hyena View Post
    Nah. Characters from the novel I was trying to write and put down after my editor got too snarky too much.
    Oh! So the D&D campaign is just fanfiction for your novel, then?

19. - Top - End - #499

Quote Originally Posted by Black Socks View Post
    I'm going on vacation to New Brunswick to see my cousin in the military, his wife and their 1-year-old baby! Any suggestions on places to visit?
    I've her Fredrickton is a cool place but you really have to realize that you're going to a place that's mostly farmland. There's...not a whole lot to see.

20. - Top - End - #500

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Oh! So the D&D campaign is just fanfiction for your novel, then?
    Attempted novel and put aside. Kinda sorta. The PCs are going to be an honor guard for some NPC and travel across a map through various kinds of hell before their goal completes. Or I may go a different route with a different group of anthros, depending on my ideas. I tried merging my two anthro universes (since I have two sets of characters) but... it isn't working, the second group doesn't convert to 3.5 well without being massively high in level...

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

Sometimes grey, rarely white. Also rarely black. Blue is by far the most common, though grey and yellow (and rarely black) make an appearance in a few ADSL/cable modem packages. There was a time when yellow and red were reserved for crossover cables (cables with different wiring to allow two devices to communicate without an intermediary hub or switch).
    Yeah, must be the modem packages cords which make up my mental picture, because blue cables struck me as a modernity when I started seeing them. I've never dealt with the more professional server hall settings (yet).

Spoiler: Oh?
    Show
    You see something new each day.

ION:
    Went to a hackathon which a school friend from pre-uni education was organising just to hang out. Got a Google Cardboard out of it. I'm not complaining.

Show

22. - Top - End - #502

I have seen the Ghostbusters.

It was pretty good.

23. - Top - End - #503

Gee Windows 10 thanks for updating in the middle of the night without permission, causing me to lose my half-finished map of over 600x600 hexes... and 9/10ths of my character files I was currently working on, you piece of garbage...

24. - Top - End - #504

Gee Windows 10 thanks for updating in the middle of the night without permission, causing me to lose my half-finished map of over 600x600 hexes... and 9/10ths of my character files I was currently working on, you piece of garbage...

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

You... didn't save?

I mean, it always sucks when that happens, but especially in today's automatic-update-happy times, that's a pretty rookie mistake.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

Oo, have fun next month!

I mean, have fun this month too, but you know what I mean...
    Yeah... It's going to be fun, but I'm piss deep with my uni work and 100% late from my schedule. Trying my hardest not to have a breakdown like I did at the end of last summer when I finished 3 courses in two weeks during a veeeery severe case of hypomania.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Best intersection ever.
    Show
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

28. - Top - End - #508

I was pretty sure I saved. I've been around Windows long enough to know the value in it :P :)

Edit: Rawhide, there isn't enough fire on the planet or on the sun combined to kill Clippy -- when the planet's a roasted husk Clippy will still be there, mouthing in a vaccum "It looks like the universe has ended. Would you like to attempt to generate an electron?"
    Last edited by Aegis J Hyena; 2016-07-17 at 05:08 PM.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

Huh, it didn't ask you to schedule a restart?

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Yeah... It's going to be fun, but I'm piss deep with my uni work and 100% late from my schedule. Trying my hardest not to have a breakdown like I did at the end of last summer when I finished 3 courses in two weeks during a veeeery severe case of hypomania.
    Ooof, that sounds seriously rough. Hang in there, Finn!

Show

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ettin in the Playground

Huh, it didn't ask you to schedule a restart?
    It's common for update software to restart automatically after a certain amount of time unless the user opts to be reminded later instead. (Some updates won't even allow the user to opt out.) If Hyena went to eat dinner or take a shower while the computer was on, that could be enough time to miss the opt-out period. Just today I logged in to my computer and went to practice piano, only to find when I came back that it had restarted. (I didn't lose anything, though.)