New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis J Hyena's Super Hyena Fun Show: Random Banter Thread #215

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Finn, what did you do?
    There ya go, you fine chickeny lad!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I have no mic. I'm not doing voice commentary until I'm in a better situation tech and money and just plain living wise. Subtitles yo!
    For some reason that yo at the end was amusing. Well alright then. Will have some time this evening when I am at home to watch a few. I'll be sure to watch and comment!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Huh. How have I never actually stuck my head in here before? Those dang intimidating high thread numbers must be to blame.

Regardless, hello, all. Especially Hal, haven't seen you for a bit.

As for a stick of butter? I'd either have to be hiding way far back in the cupboard, or else being licked to death by my cat were I anywhere else.
    Yeah I forget to say hi sometimes too. But hello! What's up?

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Spoiler: I found a thing
    Show
    Oh Krillin, when will you ever have the lucks?

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    *crawls on the floor*
    I DIDN'T KNOW I HAD THIS MANY MUSCLES and they all hurt

I'm suspecting that the hair pulling will commence in a couple of months. He likes to grab stuff but can't really hold them for that long... he's practicing. His big brothah loved to pull off my glasses, but I think he got used to them very quick since his dad has them, both of my brother-in-laws' parents have them and my mum has speccies too. And as time goes along and hopefully everyone's in good terms with each other I wouldn't be surprised if they got to see each other much more often.

Gotta say that I am very privileged that I've been able to travel to a lot of countries. We weren't rich, middle class but not below the poverty line either... just somehow my parents pulled the money out of their arses and lo and behold we did round trips around Europe in... holy crap. '97, '99, '01 and '03. We did go to Holland to my godparents' place to celebrate the millenium... I guess that counts too. And me, my dad and my sister went for a round trip around Europe again in 2008. Looking back a lot of the money could have been used on better things and there were a lot of times that I hated being with my family especially when I grew older from the excited nearly-5-year-old me going abroad for the first time. Hope I don't sound like I'm bragging. it's just... crazy what my parents have done for us kids. not amazing. CRAZY.

It's not helping that she's having like three Tinder dates within the next two weeks. Though she said that she's not exactly sure if she wants anything out of them... AND ALL I WANT FROM HER IS GURL POWAH.
    *looks at link in other post* Oh! Kendo and boxing, that's pretty awesome! The aching will be worth it later, I assume. Physical sports like that are good for people. Wish I could be a teacher of one.

Well then I wish your hair and glasses safety in the future. My glasses usually remain safe somehow, but my sister is always having hers yanked away by a curious baby. It would be nice for the two little cousins to know each other well while growing up. Trysha here and her family though are wanting to move to another state in a year or so, so that would make them seeing each other much difficult.

Well it doesn't sound braggy but it does sound amazing. I haven't even left this state, gone more than somewhere between 100 and 200 miles from where I am now, so going abroad that many times it very incredible. I might be a little jealous. But hey, if I ever plan a trip in the future I know who to ask for advice. So how DOES it feel going around the country those early times?

I forget Tinder is a thing, no one I know uses it. Hoping you get to have your fun girl powah times without hassle. XD Especially with sangria! nevvvvvvver tried it, going with the flow it must be good
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

3. - Top - End - #813
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    For some reason that yo at the end was amusing. Well alright then. Will have some time this evening when I am at home to watch a few. I'll be sure to watch and comment!
    You should*.
    *This statement not paid for, or associated in any way with, ZodiCorp Productions. Besides tables. But those don't count, right? Right?!?

Yeah I forget to say hi sometimes too. But hello! What's up?
    Not a whole lot. In order of most pressing to least: trying not to die from lack of AC, finishing up re-reading my Calculus notes from last year to make sure I don't fail next term, trying not to die from lack of AC, working, trying not to die from lack of AC, getting stuff ready for university, trying not to die from lack of AC, researching what to eat after my wisdom teeth are taken out... oh, and trying not to die from lack of AC.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ytrying not to die from lack of AC
    Your AC is low? If it's only like 12 or so, you're going to need some better armor. 'course, with some of the rolls I've been seeing in my games, all the AC in the world isn't going to help you...

Seriously though I know having no AC sucks. The fan I had before I had proper AC installed was only blowing the hot air around and not cooling things off really. So not much relief there. Fortunately fall is (already?! holy crap) on the horizon, so it'll cool off soon enough. We humans are weak against extremes of temperature...

5. - Top - End - #815
    Titan in the Playground

I have discovered a new entertaining thing.

1: Wait for parents to be out of the house for several days.
    2: No, not that, get your mind out of the gutter.
    3: Send text messages along the lines of:
    - "Where do we keep the nails again?"
    - "I can't find the belt sander. We do have one, right?"
    - "Do we have any spare blades for the jigsaw?"
    etc, etc.
    4: Refuse to explain.

(I'm making a small sign/plaque)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #816
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Finn, what did you do?
    Started the process of becoming a killing machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post

etc, etc.

This is fantastic.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis J Hyena View Post
    Your AC is low? If it's only like 12 or so, you're going to need some better armor. 'course, with some of the rolls I've been seeing in my games, all the AC in the world isn't going to help you...
    Confound it! You've discovered my weakness: Dice being thrown at me.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Titan in the Playground

etc, etc.

How can you not be keeping all the tools at one place? Oversized workshop in your house?
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    How can you not be keeping all the tools at one place? Oversized workshop in your house?
    Nah, scattered around the garage and basement. Most of them aren't actually frequently used.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #820
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    *looks at link in other post* Oh! Kendo and boxing, that's pretty awesome! The aching will be worth it later, I assume. Physical sports like that are good for people. Wish I could be a teacher of one.

Well it doesn't sound braggy but it does sound amazing. I haven't even left this state, gone more than somewhere between 100 and 200 miles from where I am now, so going abroad that many times it very incredible. I might be a little jealous. But hey, if I ever plan a trip in the future I know who to ask for advice. So how DOES it feel going around the country those early times?

I forget Tinder is a thing, no one I know uses it. Hoping you get to have your fun girl powah times without hassle. XD Especially with sangria! nevvvvvvver tried it, going with the flow it must be good
    Yeah, I used to do kendo back in Scotland. Sadly this sweaty ol' small city doesn't have any of that, so... meh. Boxing it is! I'm rather surprised that I'm not doing that bad today... Just sore around my upper back but that's a given. My shoulders are rather good so that's kind of a surprise as well, I thought they'd be jammed as heck.

Wait... but... isn't it kinda easy to at least hop to another state from Sacramento? That's where you were from, or am I completely wrong? Much confuse. Very thought. Wow. Such brainwork.

I could actually scan/take pictures of my travel diary, that now thinking back, was an awesome way for my parents to get us occupied with something if we were bored. I still read it from time to time, because damn, the first trip in 1997 was so magical to me. For some reason I was also excited that I was on summer holiday and had to end all of my entries with that. Mum was of course writing everything for me, I could only write my own name and read at that point. Still, darn precious. I must'a been a cute kid...

I only know a handful of people that use Tinder, and 90% of those are rather superficial people just looking for a hook up. Though my friend in question did mention that she's going to a "Tinder-wedding" next year. So I guess it works for some in the long term. I've never had it before either. It's gonna be a very interesting new friend...

Started the process of becoming a killing machine.
    But... I don't want to kill anyone! I just want to look like I could kill! No wait, that's coming across a bit weird innit...

Nah, scattered around the garage and basement. Most of them aren't actually frequently used.
    My brain decided to create an image of a really pissed off looking toolfairy laughing in an evil manner, hiding everything.
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2016-08-16 at 08:31 AM.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

11. - Top - End - #821

But... I don't want to kill anyone! I just want to look like I could kill! No wait, that's coming across a bit weird innit...
    You're a decommissioned killing machine then. You're capable of dealing some serious hurt but you'd never do so unless it was required. Point is, hell yeah boxer Finn.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Firbolg in the Playground

You know what's unfortunate? Being stationed on a base near a sewage treatment plant. Every time the wind blows strongly in the wrong direction, my world becomes poop.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

13. - Top - End - #823
    Titan in the Playground

Ahh...

Wait... but... isn't it kinda easy to at least hop to another state from Sacramento? That's where you were from, or am I completely wrong? Much confuse. Very thought. Wow. Such brainwork.
    You're only off by a distance comparable to the distance between you and me. Give or take some, as I can't actually remember where you are at the moment.

And it seems a two hour car drive could possibly get you from Sacramento to Nevada, but why would you want to go to Nevada?
    Last edited by Teddy; 2016-08-16 at 12:04 PM.

Show

14. - Top - End - #824

BlackDragon

And it seems a two hour car drive could possibly get you from Sacramento to Nevada, but why would you want to go to Nevada?
    Relatives in Verdi, maybe?

15. - Top - End - #825

So, I've noticed I have a trend of returning to the forums in the summer, when I have more free time comparative to the rest of the year. (Who ever heard of going outside, of course.)

However, I know I don't typically post again during other schoolbreaks, such as winter or spring. Therefore, there is evidently a certain period of vacation that I go through before I start posting again, which is longer than one or two weeks. I shall have to do more research, possibly by going through old posts and examining time stamps.

In other news, I got to study in England for five weeks?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #826

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    So, I've noticed I have a trend of returning to the forums in the summer, when I have more free time comparative to the rest of the year. (Who ever heard of going outside, of course.)

However, I know I don't typically post again during other schoolbreaks, such as winter or spring. Therefore, there is evidently a certain period of vacation that I go through before I start posting again, which is longer than one or two weeks. I shall have to do more research, possibly by going through old posts and examining time stamps.

Awesome. Hope you're doing well with your studying and stuff.

17. - Top - End - #827

Awesome. Hope you're doing well with your studying and stuff.
    I would describe it as decidedly decent.

I have to redo my class registrations for fall quarter however, and I'm still really undecided about whether I'll continue Greek or start Latin or try both and sell my soul to whichever demon may take it.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #828

I would describe it as decidedly decent.

I have to redo my class registrations for fall quarter however, and I'm still really undecided about whether I'll continue Greek or start Latin or try both and sell my soul to whichever demon may take it.
    I'd say take Latin unless you're really enjoying Greek. Don't over work yourself.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Troll in the Playground

Don't over work yourself.
    Can confirm, know your limits, and don't push the line too much. If taking two languages is as much work as taking two math courses... well, I'd hope you wouldn't get close to the "near-breakdown" stage like I did, but... yeah. Just make sure you can handle whatever you're jumping into.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Titan in the Playground

I will always approve of more science. Especially if it will cause you to post more.

Wait, is this a question? And in past tense? So you were studying in England for five weeks and now you question if it really happened?

Or is this Jeopardy and you ask the questions while I supply the answers? You had fun.

Don't over work yourself.
    Can confirm, know your limits, and don't push the line too much. If taking two languages is as much work as taking two math courses... well, I'd hope you wouldn't get close to the "near-breakdown" stage like I did, but... yeah. Just make sure you can handle whatever you're jumping into.
    Thirding this. I wish I'd worked less in my last two years (more specifically the first three semesters of them), as such a prolonged period of poor sleep seems to have left its mark. I'm not sure, but I do think my speech centra has taken a hit, as I feel like I stutter a bit more and generally lose my thread more often than I did before. Since I pride myself on eloquence and the ability to improvise speeches on the spot, suffice to say that this hasn't been a welcome development.

Show

21. - Top - End - #831
    Troll in the Playground

#STEAM_WELCOME
    To install Half-Life Dedicated Server, click the Install button above.
    #steam_welcomemessage_nofriends
    #steam_welcomemessage_help
    Well thanks for nothing Steam. Like I didn't already know that. Way to kick a guy when he's down.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2016-08-18 at 03:15 AM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

22. - Top - End - #832

I will always approve of more science. Especially if it will cause you to post more.

Wait, is this a question? And in past tense? So you were studying in England for five weeks and now you question if it really happened?

Or is this Jeopardy and you ask the questions while I supply the answers? You had fun.

Thirding this. I wish I'd worked less in my last two years (more specifically the first three semesters of them), as such a prolonged period of poor sleep seems to have left its mark. I'm not sure, but I do think my speech centra has taken a hit, as I feel like I stutter a bit more and generally lose my thread more often than I did before. Since I pride myself on eloquence and the ability to improvise speeches on the spot, suffice to say that this hasn't been a welcome development.
    <scribbles furiously in notebook> Interesting...

Honestly, I could question the reality of my sojourn in the UK. In the final week, I managed to get a total of ten hours of sleep spread out over five days, so who knows what was actually going on.

Although, I do have pictures. Those usually are at least a bit conclusive. Then again, having checked my phone, I may have only taken pictures of dogs and plant details...

Regarding overwork, alls y'all, I don't think I have a good gauge regarding what will take me to breakdown. Thus far, I never have, despite some pretty rough years. Though that may be because I'm at least somewhat decent at self-care.

It's funny you should mention feeling like your eloquence got ****ed up, Teddy, because i've totally had that feeling too, since round about the beginning of my last year in high school. I wonder if there is any actual connection, or if we just think alike. (And, apparently, sleep deprive alike.)

ION: Did a bit of performance art downtown with a group I work with each summer. This year, we decided to go through the farmer's market and main street at peak tourist season and have some public conversations in total gibberish. We got a lot of good reactions!

(Also, my dad showed up downtown and started speaking to me in Dutch whilst I was doing do.)
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #833
    Titan in the Playground

<scribbles furiously in notebook> Interesting...
    Scribble a little more furiously and we'll even get ‼Science‼

Honestly, I could question the reality of my sojourn in the UK. In the final week, I managed to get a total of ten hours of sleep spread out over five days, so who knows what was actually going on.
    Sounds like Fun.

What were you studying? And where (if you don't mind)?

Although, I do have pictures. Those usually are at least a bit conclusive. Then again, having checked my phone, I may have only taken pictures of dogs and plant details...
    Heh, sounds like me. Except I do pictures of clouds (and some wild animals) instead of dogs. Whatever activities I'm actually up just doesn't stick to the digital film, apparently.

Regarding overwork, alls y'all, I don't think I have a good gauge regarding what will take me to breakdown. Thus far, I never have, despite some pretty rough years. Though that may be because I'm at least somewhat decent at self-care.

It's funny you should mention feeling like your eloquence got ****ed up, Teddy, because i've totally had that feeling too, since round about the beginning of my last year in high school. I wonder if there is any actual connection, or if we just think alike. (And, apparently, sleep deprive alike.)
    This is what I mean by overworking yourself, though. I'm pretty sure most people with some amount of emotional hardening in the baggage can avoid spontaneously turning into sobbing lumps even under extreme amounts of stress, but that doesn't mean it won't leave lasting scars. And really, if I were to pick between immediate, temporary mental breakdown or lasting, subtle brain damage, I'd pick the former any day of the week.

That said, I won't rule out that my perceived drop in eloquence may stem from simply not exercising my speech centra enough, or even just from looking back at my past through nostalgia goggles. For all I know, I might just have become more aware of my light, natural stuttering over the years...

ION: Did a bit of performance art downtown with a group I work with each summer. This year, we decided to go through the farmer's market and main street at peak tourist season and have some public conversations in total gibberish. We got a lot of good reactions!

(Also, my dad showed up downtown and started speaking to me in Dutch whilst I was doing do.)
    Ooo, that sounds delightfully silly!
    Last edited by Teddy; 2016-08-18 at 06:04 AM.

Show

24. - Top - End - #834
    Troll in the Playground

@TaiLiu! And why not others too!

Check my sig. Finally!
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

25. - Top - End - #835
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Check my sig. Finally!
    You do realise that a gentleman/woman would never stoop to eating any kind of food with their fingers, right?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

26. - Top - End - #836
    Troll in the Playground

@TaiLiu! And why not others too!

Check my sig. Finally!
    Ooh... looks quite delicious. But, perhaps a mite too fancy for me. (Plus I'd look silly trying to wear a monocle over my glasses. )

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    You do realise that a gentleman/woman would never stoop to eating any kind of food with their fingers, right?
    I'm not sure how eating with your toes and/or psychic powers is a prerequisite for the avoidance of excessive force, but if you say so...
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Bugbear in the Playground

The post in which Rawhide exposes himself as having been George Costanza the entire time.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

29. - Top - End - #839
    Troll in the Playground

Well you weren't invited anyway! You are just jealous that we have an awesome club.

Ooh... looks quite delicious. But, perhaps a mite too fancy for me. (Plus I'd look silly trying to wear a monocle over my glasses. )
    As long as you love chocolate and are able to follow the club's ideology, you're good to go! I've got glasses too, so... Besides, the emblem's attire isn't required anyways. Chocolate lovers are free to wear what makes them comfortable!
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ettin in the Playground

So, apparently, Krillin only dies twice in DBZ. That's at least ninety-eight fewer times than I anticipated.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.