New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis J Hyena's Super Hyena Fun Show: Random Banter Thread #215

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis J Hyena View Post
    Now that I thought about it... Fend is kind of a given. Side Step to be annoying. Mighty Blow if he keeps up his hitting streak. Piling On for "No Guts No Glory." Sure Hands for safety.

The +1 AV isn't worth it, yeah. Not on a Skink, anyway. If he winds up with another +MA I may go Sprint as his final skill...
    Watching a cool boy online playing Bloodbowl and ooh look at that cameo of a thread buddy at the opening there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CYQ..._SCENg&index=5

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Barbarian in the Playground

I remember saying that, too. I don't play the original anymore because I just don't think enough people stuck around.

3. - Top - End - #1203

Two apothecaries for the match. Both used on injuries because I thought my Tank Skink was safe.

The very next block after I had used my second?

http://images.akamai.steamuserconten...86EAC713B45B5/

Lesson learned. Never stalling again.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Magpies are heavily attracted to shiny objects. They're basically bird dragons.
    They also attack everything that moves.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Ugh. Every time I'm out on my bike, a magpie near my house gives me the evil eye. It hasn't swooped me yet, but once its built a nest it will.

Plovers are just as bad with the swooping.
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Bugbear in the Playground

Magpies are heavily attracted to shiny objects. They're basically bird dragons.
    Having encountered Australian Magpies, I can say this is almost true: there's a distinct lack of fiery breath.

British Magpies just sit around and silently judge you until you provoke them.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Titan in the Playground

Two apothecaries for the match. Both used on injuries because I thought my Tank Skink was safe.

The very next block after I had used my second?

http://images.akamai.steamuserconten...86EAC713B45B5/

Lesson learned. Never stalling again.
    Ouch. But once you used both apothecaries, it was inevitable.

A FUMBBL Norse team I had was forcibly retired after I accidentally clicked "yes" to using my only apothecary on a KOd unskilled lineman. Over the rest of the match I lost all my best players to death or serious injury. It stung even more because the initial use was a misclick, but all the same, if you have a critical player, hold off using the apothecary in case anything happens to them, unless you're absolutely sure they're out of harm's way for the rest of the game.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

8. - Top - End - #1208

So I have a minmaxer in the party I'm running a D&D game in. He's a Cloistered Cleric / Ordained Champion. He's maximized Inflict Moderate Wounds and channels it through sword and shield, for a total of 32 or so damage per hit BEFORE rolling the dice (sword + shield bash). He did 85 damage to an orc earlier today.

Somehow I don't think the orcish army that's being raised in retaliation is going to stop him... and if that army sacks the main city, it's game over for my protagonist...

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Troll in the Playground

I am so, so far too old for two nights of wild drinking. Within a week that is, not even two days in a row.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

10. - Top - End - #1210

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    I am so, so far too old for two nights of wild drinking. Within a week that is, not even two days in a row.
    Heck, I can't even always take one night of near-fatal alcohol poisoning a week.

It's a long slow slide to being able to wear diapers in public again.

ION: Apartment and car hunting at the same time is kinda friggin overwhelming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

11. - Top - End - #1211

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Heck, I can't even always take one night of near-fatal alcohol poisoning a week.

Started drinking at 7pm after work, got sleepy and went to bed at midnight...
    I am feeling way too old for alcohol in general apparently ^^;;
    Spoiler: Currently DMing:
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Troll in the Playground

Just wait till you get old enough to start planning ahead for these things My friends and I have started becoming walking pharmacies; even when we don't expect to go overboard, we'll usually have headache pills, effervescent tablets, electrolyte solutions and the odd heartburn tablet all packed.

Except when we're all up at like 7am the next day making breakfast together. I can't even eat that early on a normal day, and you expect me to scramble eggs? Ugh

Oh, after a wild night out, we tend to end up all crashing at one person/couples's place. Making breakfast together the next morning is sort of one of our traditions at this point.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

13. - Top - End - #1213

So I opened my Steam this morning to see this:

Spoiler
    Show

Really? "Click here to acknowledge and get internet access back"?

I ain't clickin' that crap, man...

Called Time Warner, they told me it was legit, "we have your modem in quarantine, aftermath of ddos, modem likely comprimised"

So clicked, got internet back, but am fully expecting ransomware or worse at this point. Malwarebytes and company say everything reads green, but I don't trust it.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Titan in the Playground

So I opened my Steam this morning to see this:

Spoiler
    Show

Really? "Click here to acknowledge and get internet access back"?

I ain't clickin' that crap, man...

Called Time Warner, they told me it was legit, "we have your modem in quarantine, aftermath of ddos, modem likely comprimised"

So clicked, got internet back, but am fully expecting ransomware or worse at this point. Malwarebytes and company say everything reads green, but I don't trust it.
    Sounds about par for the course on the current battleground of copyright. Try googling around a bit and check what other people are saying (expect vitriol), but I wouldn't be too worried about your computer itself being compromised.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post

And right now I imagined you running around wearing just diapers and shaking bottles of booze in your hands.

Hoping you're doing well. How's things looking? Too many options or too little?

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Just wait till you get old enough to start planning ahead for these things My friends and I have started becoming walking pharmacies; even when we don't expect to go overboard, we'll usually have headache pills, effervescent tablets, electrolyte solutions and the odd heartburn tablet all packed.

Except when we're all up at like 7am the next day making breakfast together. I can't even eat that early on a normal day, and you expect me to scramble eggs? Ugh

Oh, after a wild night out, we tend to end up all crashing at one person/couples's place. Making breakfast together the next morning is sort of one of our traditions at this point.
    These tips are heard by deaf ears, my friend. Honestly though, no painkillers will help me. I just get like a slight sick feeling for the whole next day after drinking too much. Annoying but tolerable.

... I don't know how I'm going to survive Madrid. All of that cheap sangria surrounding me and my friend... Our Spanish Paladin must save us from the dangers of too much sangria...
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2016-10-24 at 03:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

And right now I imagined you running around wearing just diapers and shaking bottles of booze in your hands.

Hoping you're doing well. How's things looking? Too many options or too little?

These tips are heard by deaf ears, my friend. Honestly though, no painkillers will help me. I just get like a slight sick feeling for the whole next day after drinking too much. Annoying but tolerable.

... I don't know how I'm going to survive Madrid. All of that cheap sangria surrounding me and my friend... Our Spanish Paladin must save us from the dangers of too much sangria...
    I can defend you from demons, undead creatures and drunken spaniards (or from spaniards triying to firt with the nordic ladies), but i can't defend you from yourself . An option for sangria can be kalimotxo (original from basque country), it is cheap red wine with coke, but believe me sangria is far more healthy.

17. - Top - End - #1217

Spoiler: More bloodbowl bargleflargle
    Show
    Somebody has issues. They also didn't seem quite right (16 armor breaks on my rats in four turns, all KOs/Stuns, one kill -> Apoth -> kill; he was -salty- about not injuring more and ignored the ball). I conceded only to save the lives of my rats. yes yes I know they're rats who'd miss them but I lost a good player as I was 200 TV above them

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=787322359
    Last edited by Aegis J Hyena; 2016-10-25 at 09:34 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Somebody has issues. They also didn't seem quite right (16 armor breaks on my rats in four turns, all KOs/Stuns, one kill -> Apoth -> kill; he was -salty- about not injuring more and ignored the ball). I conceded only to save the lives of my rats. yes yes I know they're rats who'd miss them but I lost a good player as I was 200 TV above them

Issues is... One way to put it, yes.

In response to your comment on the Steam page, I would be seriously worried if a multiplayer game of that size didn't do it's calculations server side. I'm much more inclined to believe you just suffered an unlucky streak.

ION:
    Got to experience the sheer destructive power of wet leaves yesterday. I got out of it just a little bit scratched and battered, and even got to spend the rest of the day terrifying my friends and coworkers with an open display of my elbow, which thanks to some odd circumstance managed to survive with its skin almost fully intact over a large blotch of broken tissue, making it look like I was bleeding profusely despite being completely dry.

My bicycle didn't fare quite as well, as the leaves sheared its thick aluminum stand right off. Will have to get a new one eventually, right now I'm merely happy I didn't have any similarly unfortunate appendages...

Show

19. - Top - End - #1219

Show

Spoilers Bloowbowl is programmed really badly and is probably just a bad game.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    ION:
    Got to experience the sheer destructive power of wet leaves yesterday. I got out of it just a little bit scratched and battered, and even got to spend the rest of the day terrifying my friends and coworkers with an open display of my elbow, which thanks to some odd circumstance managed to survive with its skin almost fully intact over a large blotch of broken tissue, making it look like I was bleeding profusely despite being completely dry.

My bicycle didn't fare quite as well, as the leaves sheared its thick aluminum stand right off. Will have to get a new one eventually, right now I'm merely happy I didn't have any similarly unfortunate appendages...
    Oh jeez. Even knowing this had happened, didn't realize it was so bad! *Sends poultices and stuff*

20. - Top - End - #1220

Issues is... One way to put it, yes... ... ... ... suffered an unlucky streak.
    Yeah, probably did. They're just rats, they're supposed to fall down.

Glad to see you made your reflex save on those wet leaves. It sounds like you took a nasty spill there.

Spoilers Bloowbowl is programmed really badly and is probably just a bad game.
    Yeah, but I'll play it anyway. My teams are starting to get a little skilled. (which only opens the door to Chaos teams...)

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

*snip*
    You quoted my magpie video but didn't reply to it...

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoilers Bloodbowl is programmed really badly and is probably just a bad game.
    Speaking as someone who played it tabletop for many years, Blood Bowl is certainly not a bad game. The video game implementations of it definitely have their flaws though (well, I know Chaos Edition does, the others I've only heard about). I'll take your word on the programming.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

23. - Top - End - #1223

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Speaking as someone who played it tabletop for many years, Blood Bowl is certainly not a bad game. The video game implementations of it definitely have their flaws though (well, I know Chaos Edition does, the others I've only heard about). I'll take your word on the programming.
    Yeah I was directly referring to the internet game, not the actual game itself.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah I was directly referring to the internet game, not the actual game itself.
    Blood Bowl is a great game, and the video game is an almost completely faithful rendering of it (BB1 needed more stars and inducements but was otherwise fine; I'm not sure how BB2 measures up). In gameplay terms, the only potential issues with it are going to be in random number generation, which is hardly unique to it, and AI - which is admittedly pretty terrible but not relevant if you're playing other humans. There are other issues like soundtrack, commentary, a fiddly management interface, comments about skins and graphics etc. but I don't think there are enough issues with the gameplay to call it a bad game, personally.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

25. - Top - End - #1225

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    Blood Bowl is a great game, and the video game is an almost completely faithful rendering of it (BB1 needed more stars and inducements but was otherwise fine; I'm not sure how BB2 measures up). In gameplay terms, the only potential issues with it are going to be in random number generation, which is hardly unique to it, and AI - which is admittedly pretty terrible but not relevant if you're playing other humans. There are other issues like soundtrack, commentary, a fiddly management interface, comments about skins and graphics etc. but I don't think there are enough issues with the gameplay to call it a bad game, personally.
    Maybe a more accurate thing to say is "I don't understand how people can play this because it looks like every single second of gameplay is either a tedious stabbing of your own throat, or playing a punch team and just ruining everyone's day."

26. - Top - End - #1226

Sounds about right. But "That's Bloodbowl!" is the normal reaction to that sentence. Bashy teams usually are Claw teams (reduces your AC from above 10, *to* 10, resulting in a lot of injuries) so you expect entire beatdown squads that ignore the ball in favor of destroying the opposition.

ION: This morning at about 2 AM I had a massive asthma attack. Oh look, my inhaler ran completely dry!

Was up all night struggling to gasp. Last time this happened I was in the hospital for a week as I overexerted myself in fear gasping for air. Went unconscious and woke up on a respirator. Fortunately in this case, I was able to mentally "compartmentalize" the effect and just wait until daybreak so I could get the guy I live with to drive me to a clinic. Didn't get to a clinic until about 11 AM.

It feels good to breathe again, though I'm about almost $250 lighter ($80 bills I owed the guy I live with, $60 some to see the doc, $80 some to pay for the perscription). Went home, went to bed, just got up. Heh.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe a more accurate thing to say is "I don't understand how people can play this because it looks like every single second of gameplay is either a tedious stabbing of your own throat, or playing a punch team and just ruining everyone's day."
    Eh, it can be. In super-competitive environments then certain types of team (the infamous ClawPOMB build referenced by Aegis J Hyena above being the most infamous) do tend to predominate and playing ClawPOMBers isn't really much fun at all. There hasn't been a game update for about ten years so by now those interested in optimisation have identified the best combinations with no patches to change the meta. On the other hand, the lack of development in the meta over that period means that the game's actually relatively accessible for new players: guides proliferate as to the best team compositions and those remain valid. Obviously there is a bit of a learning curve but the rules are simple enough that even new players can devise effective strategies quickly. And leagues which give players some control over the fixtures they play (as the league rules actually suggest) helps to prevent the proliferation of teams that aren't at least some fun to play against because they can't get a game.

At a more casual level the game remains great fun and is, I think, pretty solid and reasonably well balanced. Like most GW games it's not designed to be taken massively seriously but unlike most GW games it's now robust enough that it can survive serious play without disintegrating into a morass of edge cases and roll-offs over rulings. Even at a competitive level all teams still have their weaknesses: a good passing team can still wipe the floor with a ClawPOMB outfit if the player is capable. There still are some serious holes: Ogre teams for instance are just so badly designed that they're not really fun to play for either player. But that's one team out of about thirty, most of the rest of which - even the halflings - can be competitive in the hands of a good player.

As with many things I think how much fun you get out of the game is partly down to the environment you play in.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Titan in the Playground

Oh jeez. Even knowing this had happened, didn't realize it was so bad! *Sends poultices and stuff*
    You know I have a tendency to be really flowery about describing my various accidents and injuries!

Glad to see you made your reflex save on those wet leaves. It sounds like you took a nasty spill there.
    It wasn't really that nasty, I'd actually call it pretty average. By the time I hit the ground, the speed wasn't particularly great, but still too high to get off the bike for clean landing. I've got a pair of large scratch marks, but they're more eye-caching than they're severe. But yes, things could have gone worse, so I did probably make my Ref save as you say...

You quoted my magpie video but didn't reply to it...
    Huh, so I did apparently. Well, I was probably just going to say something cheeky about your magpies being all wrong, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    [...] In gameplay terms, the only potential issues with it are going to be in random number generation [...]
    Complaining about the RNG, a favourite pastime of gamers since randomness was invented.

ION:
    I was going to start posting from my phone on the commuting to and from work, but then I realised I don't have my Nallesmilies there. They've actually become such an ingrained part of my Forum persona that I abandoned that idea on those grounds alone. Looks like I'll have to look into yet another port of them, maybe.

(And it's too bad that the editor code is so obscure, because I'd really liked to extend the table as well. Figuring out how to register the correct listener on a new item just led me into an infinite jumble of perfectly obfuscated code. JavaScript may have its uses, but wow can you make it hard to understand sometimes...)

Show

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ettin in the Playground

Splatoon has been out as long as it has, yet yesterday, I was the first to make a particular pun combining it with DBZ, even though the pun seems kind of obvious.

Seriously, if you search Google Images for "Squid Buu" there are only 6 results and they're all the same Drawception game I started.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.