New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (Adventures in early 3D video gam

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I was being polite because Reddish is a friend, as while you are too I feel the need to say this to the void, as it clearly needs to be said.

Get this filth out of my thread.
    Ok. that particular comment was deleted. Not bringing that up ever again.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2016-06-21 at 02:10 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (Adventures in early 3D video gam

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Ok. that particular comment was deleted. Not bringing that up ever again.
    Er, just so we're clear I wasn't shouting at you to remove anything! I was just being (perhaps overly) angry for the comedy of it. Sorry if I've been a butt it's late and I'm trying to find out what system I backed Mighty No 9 on so I can try it and potentially be dissappointed and it's frustrating me

But yeah, basically I'd say "lets not talk about Game Theory" and instead talk about Ocarina of Time. Yay dancing ogre rock people?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Yay dancing ogre rock people?
    Clearly all you need to do to feed them is give them your hylian shield. That should hold them until the end of the game, no?
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Er, just so we're clear I wasn't shouting at you to remove anything! I was just being (perhaps overly) angry for the comedy of it. Sorry if I've been a butt it's late and I'm trying to find out what system I backed Mighty No 9 on so I can try it and potentially be dissappointed and it's frustrating me

Yay dancing ogre rock people?
    *blink blink*

Situations like this make me wonder if I should add Rater's warning about my high-functioning autism from his sig to my own as well.

Back to Ocarina:
    wait if the Gorons eat rocks, doesn't that mean the entire world is food to them? Like, the entire planet? rocks while very numerous, aren't exactly a renewable resource. Maybe its a good thing they have such a refined taste. because could you imagine a world where they didn't have such high standards? They'd eat EVERYTHING. Their population would grow out of control, and no one would be able to stop them. I mean, what can actually kill Gorons? I think something so tough, can do roll attacks and can eat rocks isn't exactly something you want to fight. I mean, think about it, if they weren't so picky, they'd probably start eating castle walls because they'd look like meat to them, stacked high in slabs. maybe its for the best that they are picky.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

wait if the Gorons eat rocks, doesn't that mean the entire world is food to them? Like, the entire planet? rocks while very numerous, aren't exactly a renewable resource. Maybe its a good thing they have such a refined taste. because could you imagine a world where they didn't have such high standards? They'd eat EVERYTHING. Their population would grow out of control, and no one would be able to stop them. I mean, what can actually kill Gorons? I think something so tough, can do roll attacks and can eat rocks isn't exactly something you want to fight. I mean, think about it, if they weren't so picky, they'd probably start eating castle walls because they'd look like meat to them, stacked high in slabs. maybe its for the best that they are picky.
    True. It seems the only thing that can stop them are bomb flowers... and those only grow around Goron Land. Scary thought.

Although, do any games address what happens to a Goron when they die? I'd imagine they'd probably return to stone in some way, being so closely tied to it.

Maybe I should go to sleep and get off these trains of thoughts...
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

6. - Top - End - #96

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Clearly all you need to do to feed them is give them your hylian shield. That should hold them until the end of the game, no?
    Hahaha, yeah.

*blink blink*

Situations like this make me wonder if I should add Rater's warning about my high-functioning autism from his sig to my own as well.

Back to Ocarina:
    The onus was on me for that one. But yes, back to...the actual thread.

This is a good dang question, and explains why despite being around in the past, they didn't get to go to the sky in Skyward Sword. After all, when you're living on floating food...eating can be a concern.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

sigh Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (Adventures in early 3D video gam

*blink blink*

It's your call but I personally find autistic people who interact like normal have no need to point anything out or apologize for anything (unless they do something really wrong, in which case a normal apology is enough). Save the sick pass for when you say something really sick.

I just say I'm a brilliant eccentric. It's a condition that causes me much suffering

Back to Ocarina:
    wait if the Gorons eat rocks, doesn't that mean the entire world is food to them? Like, the entire planet? rocks while very numerous, aren't exactly a renewable resource. Maybe its a good thing they have such a refined taste.
    I thought that was why they go extinct later...because they can only eat CERTAIN rocks that are a non-renewable resource.

You know though...you don't have to posit a lack of rocks to explain why their population stays so low....maybe they are a magic race that only exists in certain places and don't reproduce but spontaneously generate when a Cosmic event occurs on a particularly worthy and sturdy rock that has weathered all four elements for a millenia....

Yeah that's generally how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Sounds (5)
    Show
    Onwards, to more Zeldo!

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda [5] Big Bro

Video Length: 24:49

Starting us off right away oh god I heard another Gold Skulltula kill it kill it kill it. After dealing with that it's finally time to get past the guard that leads to Death Mountain! This is where the guard activates the Mask Shop and also makes it so that you can get a discount on the Hylian Shield. Boy is that egg on MY face. Regardless, we head onward to Death Mountain. It's what you'd expect, a winding path in a mountain with explodable walls and rocks littering the area, side paths that look like the ground itself has been worn away to make them, which makes sense given the Goron live here. We also encounter a new enemy, the Red Tektite! Tektites are rude spider/water skater type enemies, and these red ones are more suited to land stuff and thus have a far more effective jump. They jump at you but overall aren't that dangerous.

According to the Gorons we meet, a Gerudo in black armor sealed up the cave they get their Rock Sirloin from so now they're kind of having a crisis due to food shortage. This can seem a little silly given they live on a giant mountain and also it's a BOULDER blocking their path, but I imagine it's similar to having to eat a plate of anchovies to get to some good steak. Maybe the village chief Big Bro Darunia can help us out somehow? We explore Goron City a little (and it's honestly pretty cool) and eventually we find that Darunia's cooped up in his bedroom, quite angry. We play Zelda's Lullaby to get into his room, but now he's even more mad. If you talk to some of the Goron around you'll get hints that you need to play Saria's Song, and you can also find a shortcut to the Lost Woods! This is actually a big deal since it means you don't HAVE to get Saria's Song right away. We play Saria's Song for him since the ringtone on her cellphone is pretty catchy and Darunia is...to put it mildly, down with it.

Darunia appreciates our cheering him up and gives us the Goron Bracelet. A slightly magical bracelet that lets the wearer pick up Bomb Flowers even if they are weak noodle arms or is a child. It also appears on our character model, and while that may not seem impressive now it was a BIG deal at the time to see that. With the ability to pluck bombs in hand we can now futz around in the city and fail to do basically any of the puzzles here. I'll be doing that later. More importantly we can blow up the rock outside the cave, and then do a dramatic backflip to get a Heart Piece slightly out of order from everything else we've collected so far, which is awesome. And with that we head into the Cavern! Also, a thing to note. Darunia calls this a test of adulthood, where we must show our power in defeating these monsters. Interesting to note, is all.

Dodgone's Cavern is an interesting place. I really like the aesthetic of it, despite it basically being a generic cave. The entrance having a giant Dodongo skull in it, as well as an even larger rib cage in the ceiling, really makes for an interesting and intimidating atmosphere. Unlike the other game's we've been through the lava here is basically just a hurt zone, no comedic flailing due to lava here. We also get to encounter our first enemy that requires bombs to defeat, the Beamos. Their eye dislikes smoke, which is basically Zelda code for "shove a bomb up in it". They shoot eye lasers that we can't really do anything about. I think the Hylian Shield can block them, though. We also meet a Business Scrub! While they're not EVIL, they're quite bad at marketing and will price gouge you horribly on any item they offer. If you have the ability to buy what they're selling that's good, but given the ridiculous prices if you're really that low on supplies you might not really HAVE that much. But then on the other hand there's basically nothing to buy in this game regularly so...it's complicated. Point is, Business Scrubs are tall jerks who charge you like 40 bucks for a single stick.

As we explore the caves, we encounter one of my favorite enemies in the whole game. Baby Dodongo's! Cute little larval dinosaur things that squirm around the ground all adorable, flinging their bodies at you to try and hurt you. When you kill one they explode and the explosion can damage enemies nearby, typically leading to a chain reaction since "enemies nearby" tends to always be more babies. I do feel a little bummed out they don't usually mix these enemies in with other groups, and don't utilize the "have the baby explode a wall with it's corpse" mechanic for more puzzles, but I think for the most part it's alright. Also, it occurs to me that...Dodongo's are the most iconic Zelda enemy that shows up the least in the series. I can imagine Wombat at the end of all these Zelda games adding together how many games each enemy shows up in and doing some kind of calculation to determine how much of Zelda each enemy is in, and I think Dodongo's would probably have a PRETTY small result. A shame too, they're cool.

Speaking of cool, while there aren't really much in the way of puzzles in the Cavern, we do get a lot of combat challenges and a lot of explosives to play with. We also get to see a really cool and iconic setpiece from this game; the large series of blocks surrounded by Bomb Flowers that you blow up by placing one in the middle of the two rows of flowers. It explodes in a cool looking chain reaction that makes the stairs fall down. It's pretty cool. Finally for this video we see a formation that looks quite familiar if you've been following since Skyward Sword! A series of hexagonal platforms over a lava pit, two Lizalfos hopping around honking at us!

Lizalfos in this game are quite agile, wielding short swords and jumping around all crazy. They do a leaping attack after every hit they take but our Hylian Shield (typically) blocks it quite well. Sometimes they nick you though. Annoyingly, you can't really "nick" them either, as this enemy quite clearly shows the weird invulnerability frame thing I mentioned earlier in video. I'm not going to fault them too hard for this seeing as how it was a totally new experience they were making here, but it certainly feels bad to land a hit on an enemy only for it to do nothing. Especially when it's a jump attack from long range. Anyway these buggers will hop away after they're close to death, delaying and honking at you until they finally decide to fight, and then promptly die.

But yeah that's the episode today. Next time we'll dive further still into Dodongo Cavern, plumbing the depths and probably fighting the really cool boss. See you all next time.

You reference checking your map for Skulltulas a few times...but I don't see any indication of them on any of the maps you have on screen... Where are they?

Silly guard, if this was a game, sending a child to DEATH MOUNTAIN is unlikely to be a good call to allow. You have a son for crying out loud...I suppose he does help hook you up with a shield...

In my head cannon, the gorons didn't eat the boulder for a few reasons. One, if Ganondorf put it there, it might be poison. Two, its blocking the monsters from getting out of the cavern and infesting the rest of the mountain. So its really helping and hurting at the same time. They're also probably getting weak from hunger, so they can't take care of the problem on their own. Luckily, Link is here to save the day! Hopefully this dungeon doesn't end in someone ELSE dying...

Paired with my above reasoning, the Goron is shading this bomb so that when someone is ready to take care of the dodongo cavern, they can blast it open, since they use it to mine. Its rare for it to be outside, after all, so they've also been cut off from much of their mining resources to blast another path!

I like how Goron City looks like a strip mine.

I'm sure over time the Gorons could change their diet, but mainly through evolution perhaps. Other ages may have gorons eating other rocks, but in this age, they mainly eat the Rock Sirloin, found in Dodongo's cavern. It likely has a ton of minerals from ages of yummy dodongo fossil build up. Nom nom nom.

That hint about Darunia liking music? Yeah its in a different place. They kind of moved some of the dialogue around. The Goron saying he climbed all the way out to taste the spiritual stone? He used to be up where the stone pedestal is, so there are some differences, but I think they reordered it because they recognized a bit of confusion.

Darunia got pretty overwhelmed by Ganondorf to shut himself in his room and call for help from the Royal family. I wonder why the King didn't send help to assist in the alliance...

I do like that Navi also dances to the song. It is after all the song of her forest.

Basically, Ganondorf created the means for us to obtain the Spiritual Stone. Darunia is an opportunist. Ganondorf wanted the stone, Darunia said no, Ganondorf cursed the mountain. Now he has pride, so he's not going to just give it to him to give the evil man what he wants. But then Link comes, and also wants the stone. Rather than refusing and saying no, in fear that the child will also do something, he sees this as an opportunity for Ganondorf not to get the stone, his mountain get fixed, and have no risk to himself in the process. He's also desperate enough at this point that he's allowing a child to go in to solve the problem. (he might also have a...good feeling about Link, given Link is destined to follow this path)

While the bracelet model update was cool, it always bugged me that you could see link already wearing it during the fanfare while he's holding it up above him.

Deku Sticks burn timer resets when you light a torch, as a heads up. Kinda like going through a pipe or door with a bomb in Mario maker. To get the heart piece, you need to bomb it when the face is smiling. The angry face gives you 3 rupees, the neutral face gives you a few blue rupees I believe.

Nice getting a red potion. Playing it safe is always good when delving into a fire dungeon...

Ah, Gorons. How I love the silliness of the Gorons. They're adorable.

Style points for getting that heart piece ahead of time. I don't think Nintendo anticipated it happening that way, but its how I always get it instead of the "proper way". This way is much cooler anyway.

I almost wrote a full paragraph on Dodongo's Cavern appearance...then realized I was going to be writing a temple analysis... oops.

A note: There are a few Business Scrubs that are the only ones that can sell you upgrades on carrying capacity for some items, so some of them are useful. Mostly, they are not, agreed. But sometimes they're helpful if you don't want to waste time and need a specific item in a pinch.

Obviously these Beamos are worn down versions or different versions of the ones from skyward sword. Our first Construct this time around! And they aren't in the desert. Curiouser and curiouser.

I honestly never originally thought to use the Baby Dodongos to blast the false wall, and instead bombed it once I got bombs later. Only on later playthroughs did I realize it. (also...innnnnteresting looking statues...with the Goron Marking on them.)

I really like your idea for how many enemies appear how many times in each Zelda Game. I've got ideas for when you're done the series, having an illustrated beastiary where each Zelda creature is in alphabetical order. Unfortunately, they add creatures each game so I'll have to make it digital. But yeah, I can totally do that, similar to my items listing. But I'll be waiting on that for some time. We are three (4) games in and over 1 year and 3 months from the beginning of the project. By the rate we are going, they're making more games than we can complete. Luckily most of them were remakes. At the "end" of the series, I'll create something, don't you worry.

Ah Lizalfos! They are some of my favorite to fight in Ocarina of Time. In the original game, their weapons looked more like a fencing sabre or foil. Did you know that there is a secret area behind one of the lavafalls (the side away from the door)? You can't see it, or using an item to see it. Its just a neat little hidden thing that I really like. Wish they'd do that in dungeons more often. Non required neat little hidden things.

EPISODE 5 KILL TALLY!

Gold Skulltula - 2
    Red Tektite - 4
    Beamos - 3
    Baby Dodongo - 9
    Keese - 4
    Lizalfos - 2

Style Points - 1

Missed Rupees - 0

Temple Analysis
    Inside the Deku Tree

Ocarina of Time
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 5)

Beamos - 3
    Deku Baba - 17
    Deku Scrubs, Mad - 5
    Dodongos, Baby - 9
    Keese - 8
    Lizalfos - 2
    Peahats - 1
    Tektites, Red - 4
    Wolfos - 1

Poes
    Sharpe - 1
    Flat - 1

Stal
    ReDeads - 4
    Stalchildren - 14

Tula
    Gohma Eggs - 2
    Gohma Larvas - 1
    Gohma - 1
    Skulltula, Big - 7
    Skulltula, Gold - 10
    Skullwalltula - 3

Total Things Dead - 94

1st Place - Deku Baba, at 17!
    2nd Place - Stalchildren, at 14!
    3rd Place - Gold Skulltula, at 10!

Total Style Points - 2

Total Missed Rupees - 27
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2016-06-23 at 09:10 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

9. - Top - End - #99

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    You reference checking your map for Skulltulas a few times...but I don't see any indication of them on any of the maps you have on screen... Where are they?

I like how Goron City looks like a strip mine.

While the bracelet model update was cool, it always bugged me that you could see link already wearing it during the fanfare while he's holding it up above him.

Deku Sticks burn timer resets when you light a torch, as a heads up. Kinda like going through a pipe or door with a bomb in Mario maker. To get the heart piece, you need to bomb it when the face is smiling. The angry face gives you 3 rupees, the neutral face gives you a few blue rupees I believe.

Nice getting a red potion. Playing it safe is always good when delving into a fire dungeon...

Ah, Gorons. How I love the silliness of the Gorons. They're adorable.

Style points for getting that heart piece ahead of time. I don't think Nintendo anticipated it happening that way, but its how I always get it instead of the "proper way". This way is much cooler anyway.

I almost wrote a full paragraph on Dodongo's Cavern appearance...then realized I was going to be writing a temple analysis... oops.

Obviously these Beamos are worn down versions or different versions of the ones from skyward sword. Our first Construct this time around! And they aren't in the desert. Curiouser and curiouser.

I honestly never originally thought to use the Baby Dodongos to blast the false wall, and instead bombed it once I got bombs later. Only on later playthroughs did I realize it. (also...innnnnteresting looking statues...with the Goron Marking on them.)

Ah Lizalfos! They are some of my favorite to fight in Ocarina of Time. In the original game, their weapons looked more like a fencing sabre or foil. Did you know that there is a secret area behind one of the lavafalls (the side away from the door)? You can't see it, or using an item to see it. Its just a neat little hidden thing that I really like. Wish they'd do that in dungeons more often. Non required neat little hidden things.
    The indicator only appears once you've cleared the area out of Skulltula's so it's...not actually the best.

Huh, I didn't realize it but you're right Goron City does look like a strip mine. That's pretty cool!

I did NOT notice that. Weird.

I didn't know that either! That'd be real useful to know like...awhile ago! Toorches! I know how the Goron Jar works I just wanted to wait until I had actual portable Bombs to get to it and explain it.

Yeah, Gorons are big goof balls and I love it.

I'll be sure to show off that hidden area later by the way.

10. - Top - End - #100

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    Now I have the King Goron dancing out to tune to the Saria's Song stuck in my head...
    *ahem* Big Bro

More like gang leader or an Orky Warboss than king.

Except I do think that all Goro-oros are related, and not in a racist sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    I recall reading something about Gorons being extinct in the world but they are in Majora's Mask...and so that's part of this proof the Majora's Mask takes place in purgatory, but they seem alright to me.
    Rest assured, the goro-goros we're encountering in this game right now are not lazy, hungry ghosts.

True. It seems the only thing that can stop them are bomb flowers... and those only grow around Goron Land. Scary thought.

Although, do any games address what happens to a Goron when they die? I'd imagine they'd probably return to stone in some way, being so closely tied to it.
    Well, I believe they leave a corpse of some sort because of... future future knowledge? And that they aren't immortal, either.

Better question is, how do they reproduce.

And we know that they have some ability to reproduce instead of just having lost that when the Goro-wives disappeared.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2016-06-23 at 07:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Well, I believe they leave a corpse of some sort because of... future future knowledge? And that they aren't immortal, either.

Better question is, how do they reproduce.

And we know that they have some ability to reproduce instead of just having lost that when the Goro-wives disappeared.
    There's no particular reason that Terminian Gorons have to work the same way as Hyrulean Gorons - Termina is a separate (and unstable!) reality, not a different country.

Terminian Zoras are salt water, for instance, while the ones in Hyrule require fresh water to such an extent that when the whole country flooded, they turned into birds.

Edit:
    Spoiler: Timeline Stuff???
    Show
    So you're playing the games in chronological order, yeah? ... What are you planning on doing after OoT, considering it splits the timeline into three?
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2016-06-23 at 07:50 PM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    Spoiler: Timeline Stuff???
    Show
    So you're playing the games in chronological order, yeah? ... What are you planning on doing after OoT, considering it splits the timeline into three?
    Spoiler: Timeline stuff
    Show

Viewers vote on the choice. So it could be any of them! I'm voting going the direct sequel route, personally.

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

13. - Top - End - #103

Let's go punch a dinosaur in the face.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time [6] Infernal Dinosaur

Video Length: 24:52

Starting this video off, we encounter the titular Dodongo! These large lizard like dinosaurs crawl along the ground, breathing fire and tail swiping at anyone they see! They're covered from head to toe in armored scales and thus cannot be hurt except for the weak fleshy tail they had. You can also throw a bomb in their mouth but given the bomb flowers relative position to them, that's easier said than done. It's also quite a bit harder than you'd think to slice their tail, they're QUITE armored. When they die they explode like every other Dodongo. We also encounter the Armos enemy, and they're...quite annoying! You can only hit them when they're not moving...but what the game considers not moving is kind of obscured! Sometimes when I slice them after they've finished moving it doesn't actually damage them. Sometimes it does! Sometimes when I throw a bomb at them it does jack all, and sometimes it does even if they ARE moving. I'd really like it if someone could explain how these guys actually work mechanically to me because all I've read about it paints a very simple picture that in practice doesn't actually WORK.

The first real notable thing other than cool exploding dinosaurs is the giant staircase of stone! This is a really iconic set piece, at least for me. You place a bomb inbetween the two rows of Bomb Flowers and it explodes, causing a massive chain reaction that causes the staircase to fall down! Huzzah for destruction! It's actually pretty stylish, and while it's not that impressive nowadays, at the time it was pretty damn cool if I must say. Climbing further up this room reveals a Skulltula to us, and if you look closely you can see another one in a hidden outcropping we can't get to just yet. That'll be for later, rest assured. In the next room we find more Armos, much to my chagrin, and Fire Keese! Fire Keese are like regular Keese in every way except if they touch you yo get set on fire and they return to normal Keese form. It's less that they're special bats made of fire and more that they're bats that are ON fire. Weird, but kind of hilarious as well. Either way I used my last Deku Nut on the bat so I had to fight the Armos in this room the hard way...except I didn't I just needed to hit that switch to progress. I just felt it would be easier to hit it without Armos in the way (I was wrong).

The next notable room is a kind of weird half maze full of large pillars. It has like a single Blade Trap in it that doesn't really accomplish anything. It definitely feels like something they had more plans for but opted out of in favor for doing more in other dungeons. It leads to a small little platforming challenge were we've gotta snipe an eye switch and then move forward, which in turn leads to a room with TWO eye switches that we have to hit. I BELIEVE they are timed switches but I do not recall...but them being timed would make sense given it's supposed to be a puzzle of some sort. Before that though, it's time for the revenge of the Lizalfos! The only real difference is how the arena is set up so it's basically the same fight. Still fun though, fighting Lizalfos is really enjoying, or at the very least feels good to DO. Even if you can't jump attack them when going from one platform to the next.

For defeating those Lizalfos (technically, since it's in the room past them) we get the Bomb Bag! We can now deploy bombs whenever we'd like...though the ones in our pockets have a much shorter fuse than Bomb Flowers. Also, while it's not fair to rip on an old game for things a new game did that the old game probably couldn't even begin to do, I still feel kinda bummed out that you can't shove Bomb Flowers into your pockets anymore. It's such a useful mechanic and only one game has it (and likely only one game ever will, truth be told). Regardless, we have Bombs NOW, so we can check out an explodable wall we couldn't get to previously as well as...you know, progress in the dungeon. We get to a bridge that overlooks the huge Dodongo skull (activating a short cut in the process) and read a mysterious inscription. It obviously means "drop a bomb in the eyeholes of the Dodongo skull", In doing so, the skull opens and we're permitted into the last area of the dungeon!

This is a fairly short but still enjoyable to play through loop, all to get a cube that we can put on a timed switch. The switch opens the door to the boss, so lets get a move on! After carefully blowing up a hole for us to get down into the actual boss chamber, we are faced with the Inferal Dinosaur, King Dodongo! A fearsome giant Dodonogo that can spit huge fireballs and roll around like some sort of massive hedgehog monster. It's also...arguably easier than Gohma. Since we have bombs we can cancel out it's fire blast attack by throwing a bomb into it's mouth, which also makes it vulnerable to damage for a bit. When it does it's roll attack...shield with the Hylian Shield. Due to how Link shields with it he's totally invincible to his attack. Repeat this three times (two if you use Deku Sticks!) and the King dies an ignoble death, melting in the lava. We steal his heart and leave the cavern.

Darunia appears to thank us, patting us on the head as any Goron would, and gives us the Goron's Ruby, our second Spiritual Stone. Then he initiates the brotherly hug protocol and Link runs screaming from the horrifying ogre hugs that he'll have to endure. He may of cleared this challenge that forced him to show his Power, but he's still a small child with small child bones. Our next destination is to climb up to the summit of Death Mountain, but...because I have strange priorities I decide to instead get that Skulltula near the base of Death Mountain first and then go back to the Cursed House. As you may of noticed we have quite a number of Tokens now...13 in fact. With 10 we get our first reward and save our first cursed person! He rewards us with the Adult Wallet, letting us hold u p to 200 rupees!

To finish up the episode I show off what happens if you antagonize chickens in this universe. Protip: don't. I'll see you guys next time guys, for when we meet one of my...lets say favorite NPCs.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Firbolg in the Playground

So, I never realized that the Hylian Shield makes you completely invulnerable to the roll attack. That boss fight was always a fair bit harder on me for that (running away from Dodongo then having to double back after he stops rolling makes timing the hit on him harder). Still an easy boss fight, but you made it look easier than the baby dodongos.

The placement of the bomb bag felt kind of weird to me, since it was in a room by itself after the challenge that earned it. Most rewards tend to appear after you beat the challenge in question.

I do like all of the little short cuts built into Dodongo's cavern to make retraversal easier. It's something that's not strictly necessary, but a nice touch. Especially since there's at least one thing we will want to come back for here later if I recall correctly.

I think all of these first two dungeons have a number of iconic moments. The first two bosses themselves are fairly iconic. The fall through the spider web in the deku tree is definitely on the list. The bombs in the skull eyes and the exploding stairway are also on the list. Sadly the next dungeon is not as high up there, and ranks as probably the second most annoying one in the game. But we'll talk about that when we get there!

As an aside, the DS giving you the dungeon map on the second screen is so nice. I legitimately never even looked at my dungeon map when playing as a kid, because going into the menu to check it was such an annoyance. But being able to just glance down? Yeah that's nice.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    I think all of these first two dungeons have a number of iconic moments. The first two bosses themselves are fairly iconic. The fall through the spider web in the deku tree is definitely on the list. The bombs in the skull eyes and the exploding stairway are also on the list. Sadly the next dungeon is not as high up there, and ranks as probably the second most annoying one in the game. But we'll talk about that when we get there!
    What's not iconic about
    Spoiler: A few episodes from now, next dungeon spoiners
    Show
    "Carry me Link!" It's like an escort quest but somehow worse!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Huh. Didn't know the Hylian Shield could block the roll.

You forgot to mention his unique boss theme. Or at least, not the standard one.

EDIT: Why did you antagonize the cuccoo?! WHY?!
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2016-06-24 at 01:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Sounds (6)
    Show

Starting this video off, we encounter the titular Dodongo! These large lizard like dinosaurs crawl along the ground, breathing fire and tail swiping at anyone they see! They're covered from head to toe in armored scales and thus cannot be hurt except for the weak fleshy tail they had. You can also throw a bomb in their mouth but given the bomb flowers relative position to them, that's easier said than done. It's also quite a bit harder than you'd think to slice their tail, they're QUITE armored. When they die they explode like every other Dodongo. We also encounter the Armos enemy, and they're...quite annoying! You can only hit them when they're not moving...but what the game considers not moving is kind of obscured! Sometimes when I slice them after they've finished moving it doesn't actually damage them. Sometimes it does! Sometimes when I throw a bomb at them it does jack all, and sometimes it does even if they ARE moving. I'd really like it if someone could explain how these guys actually work mechanically to me because all I've read about it paints a very simple picture that in practice doesn't actually WORK.

The first real notable thing other than cool exploding dinosaurs is the giant staircase of stone! This is a really iconic set piece, at least for me. You place a bomb inbetween the two rows of Bomb Flowers and it explodes, causing a massive chain reaction that causes the staircase to fall down! Huzzah for destruction! It's actually pretty stylish, and while it's not that impressive nowadays, at the time it was pretty damn cool if I must say. Climbing further up this room reveals a Skulltula to us, and if you look closely you can see another one in a hidden outcropping we can't get to just yet. That'll be for later, rest assured. In the next room we find more Armos, much to my chagrin, and Fire Keese! Fire Keese are like regular Keese in every way except if they touch you yo get set on fire and they return to normal Keese form. It's less that they're special bats made of fire and more that they're bats that are ON fire. Weird, but kind of hilarious as well. Either way I used my last Deku Nut on the bat so I had to fight the Armos in this room the hard way...except I didn't I just needed to hit that switch to progress. I just felt it would be easier to hit it without Armos in the way (I was wrong).

The next notable room is a kind of weird half maze full of large pillars. It has like a single Blade Trap in it that doesn't really accomplish anything. It definitely feels like something they had more plans for but opted out of in favor for doing more in other dungeons. It leads to a small little platforming challenge were we've gotta snipe an eye switch and then move forward, which in turn leads to a room with TWO eye switches that we have to hit. I BELIEVE they are timed switches but I do not recall...but them being timed would make sense given it's supposed to be a puzzle of some sort. Before that though, it's time for the revenge of the Lizalfos! The only real difference is how the arena is set up so it's basically the same fight. Still fun though, fighting Lizalfos is really enjoying, or at the very least feels good to DO. Even if you can't jump attack them when going from one platform to the next.

For defeating those Lizalfos (technically, since it's in the room past them) we get the Bomb Bag! We can now deploy bombs whenever we'd like...though the ones in our pockets have a much shorter fuse than Bomb Flowers. Also, while it's not fair to rip on an old game for things a new game did that the old game probably couldn't even begin to do, I still feel kinda bummed out that you can't shove Bomb Flowers into your pockets anymore. It's such a useful mechanic and only one game has it (and likely only one game ever will, truth be told). Regardless, we have Bombs NOW, so we can check out an explodable wall we couldn't get to previously as well as...you know, progress in the dungeon. We get to a bridge that overlooks the huge Dodongo skull (activating a short cut in the process) and read a mysterious inscription. It obviously means "drop a bomb in the eyeholes of the Dodongo skull", In doing so, the skull opens and we're permitted into the last area of the dungeon!

This is a fairly short but still enjoyable to play through loop, all to get a cube that we can put on a timed switch. The switch opens the door to the boss, so lets get a move on! After carefully blowing up a hole for us to get down into the actual boss chamber, we are faced with the Inferal Dinosaur, King Dodongo! A fearsome giant Dodonogo that can spit huge fireballs and roll around like some sort of massive hedgehog monster. It's also...arguably easier than Gohma. Since we have bombs we can cancel out it's fire blast attack by throwing a bomb into it's mouth, which also makes it vulnerable to damage for a bit. When it does it's roll attack...shield with the Hylian Shield. Due to how Link shields with it he's totally invincible to his attack. Repeat this three times (two if you use Deku Sticks!) and the King dies an ignoble death, melting in the lava. We steal his heart and leave the cavern.

Darunia appears to thank us, patting us on the head as any Goron would, and gives us the Goron's Ruby, our second Spiritual Stone. Then he initiates the brotherly hug protocol and Link runs screaming from the horrifying ogre hugs that he'll have to endure. He may of cleared this challenge that forced him to show his Power, but he's still a small child with small child bones. Our next destination is to climb up to the summit of Death Mountain, but...because I have strange priorities I decide to instead get that Skulltula near the base of Death Mountain first and then go back to the Cursed House. As you may of noticed we have quite a number of Tokens now...13 in fact. With 10 we get our first reward and save our first cursed person! He rewards us with the Adult Wallet, letting us hold u p to 200 rupees!

To finish up the episode I show off what happens if you antagonize chickens in this universe. Protip: don't. I'll see you guys next time guys, for when we meet one of my...lets say favorite NPCs.

I like that the business scrub basically has set himself up in an area where if you find him, he gouges on an item that someone who is irresponsible with their items might need. Basically, "Oh you need deku sticks for the next puzzle? I have what you need....for a price."

I didn't think regular Dodongos could eat bombs...I always just cut their tails and threw bombs into King Dodongo. Would have made my Majora's Mask race have -1 death for me.... I also really like the reskin of the Dodongos.

Let's talk about Armos. I think the major flaw in Armos is the description Navi gives you. She's not really that helpful sometimes... Armos when they are in camouflage mode are invulnerable. Think of the ones in Minish Cap. Couldn't kill them until they were active. If you look at their skin, you can see that their front is all stone. Armored. But the back you can see the soft back. Unfortunately with this games hit boxes, you have to hit the rear pretty specifically with your sword. However, a bomb hits basically everywhere at once while its active, so it gets it. Basically, I deal with it by wacking it once to activate it, and then bombing it to kill it. Armos in later games have this same mechanic - When its active, hit it from behind!

Style points for flipping up the steps!

The blade trap room actually has 2 blade traps. One where you first climb down, and one in the middle. My first time in this room I got hit, I think. Anyway, its an introduction to them, so I think its a serviceable one.

Nice job pointing out that this dungeon has rooms that are connected. That's something people miss a lot and something I love about the OoT dungeons.

I'll get to it more in my dungeon write up, but I think the bombs are the dungeon item because they are a mining tool left in the dungeon that you have looted from the cavern. As a note, Gorons use the hides of Dodongos to make the bags, which is neat.

Style Points for perfect bomb throw to blow up that wall! That was awesome!

Zodi maked the Fire Keese into regular Keese, and Link into Fire Link! Thank goodness for metal shields. The bombable area to the boss is bigger than marked, but I love the way you fall down like that instead of how it can be bad *** looking. And while Dodongo is easier, that's because he has a bigger area you can hit. He's large and slow moving, and any more of the same cycle would seem too repetitive. Also, instead of shielding you can just run to the edge of the lava and watch him roll by.

Gotta love the Goron stranger danger! XD

A wise choice, choosing to invest in a bigger carrying capacity!

And Cuccoo death squad is probably my favorite Zelda Gag.

EPISODE 6 KILL TALLY!

Dodongo - 3
    Armos - 4
    Skullwalltula - 1
    Gold Skulltula - 3
    Keese - 2
    Fire Keese - 4
    Baby Dodongo - 3
    Lizalfos - 2
    King Dodongo - 1
    Red Tektite - 1

Style Points - 2

Missed Rupees - 0

Temple Analysis
    Inside the Deku Tree

Ocarina of Time
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 6)

Deku Baba - 17
    Deku Scrubs, Mad - 5
    Lizalfos - 4
    Peahats - 1
    Tektites, Red - 5
    Wolfos - 1

Constructs
    Armos - 4
    Beamos - 3

Dinosaurs
    Dodongos, Baby - 12
    Dodongos - 3
    King Dodongo - 1

Keese
    Keese - 10
    Keese, Fire - 4

Poes
    Sharpe - 1
    Flat - 1

Stal
    ReDeads - 4
    Stalchildren - 14

Tula
    Gohma Eggs - 2
    Gohma Larvas - 1
    Gohma - 1
    Skulltula, Big - 7
    Skulltula, Gold - 13
    Skullwalltula - 4

Total Things Dead - 118

1st Place - Deku Baba, at 17!
    2nd Place - Stalchildren, at 14!
    3rd Place - Gold Skulltula, at 13!

Total Style Points - 4

Total Missed Rupees - 27
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2016-06-27 at 12:21 PM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Skultula Collection (plus some other stuff...)

Hey! I care that you've collected 13 Skultulas rather than 10.

Otherwise I'd have been going crazy, finding 3 that weren't there.

Skultula Number Location Video Number Time
    1 Deku Tree 1 23:51
    2 Deku Tree 2 0:25
    3 Deku Tree 2 0:46
    4 Castle Town 2 20:04
    5 Hyrule Field 2 24:51
    6 Kakariko Village 4 20:04
    6 Kakariko Village 4 21:34
    8 Kakariko Village 4 22:21
    9 Kakariko Village 5 0:04
    10 Dodongo's Cavern 5 21:58
    11 Dodongo's Cavern 6 5:00
    12 Dodongo's Cavern 6 16:34
    13 Death Mountain 6 22:23

Also... You'd think the King Dodongo would make an even bigger explosion than his spawn...
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2016-06-24 at 01:48 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Aw yeah, I remember doing this bomb-stair puzzle. I remember doing that, and nothing really else.

and yeah.....your going to regret losing that health. nevermind you regained that back.

I bet the master quest version of the two flame pillar room has it timed so you have to hit both target with your sling...thats what I'd do to make sure its harder.

......can't remember if I ever did the bomb-eye giant skull puzzle. hm.

"the amount of times I point-blank fire a fire keese is too much, got to speed up my reaction time"
    *goes slower the second and third time around, gets set fire by keese both times, kills it as normal keese*

Yes. bomb Zodi is best Zodi, everyone has a little bomb-throwing maniac inside of them after all, just waiting to explode forth and show everyone cool fireworks.

very well, I won't judge for you for the keese during the block pusher part.

ehaahahaha, Link gets slammed to the ground from soft pats on the head of Gorons.

AND RUN AWAY FROM A GORON HUG! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....SMART LINK! RUN LINK!

I SAID. BEWARE OF THE CUCCOOS. the only worse universe to antagonize chickens in is probably pokemon. Cuccoos will peck you to death. Torchics will set you on FIRE.

......now I'm imagining a Zelda/Pokemon crossover where Link has to catch pokemon to save Hyrule. Epona the ponyta, I choose you!

20. - Top - End - #110

NecromancerGuy

To me it was always a bit of a mix between the Night of the Living Goro-Goros and "One Of Us. One Of Us." with their arms and walk and blank, dead stares.

The real question about bomb bags and dodongos is, just how do Gorons kill dodongos so that they can get skins out of them, since they either A. explode or B. melt and turn into stone/solidify lava when they die.

Or is it like that one idea for a setting where people have just been carving off pieces of the still living, regenerating Tarrasque to form the basis for their economy?
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Whoever said bomb bags weren't made of the petrified remains of a dodongo's stomach?

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Whoever said bomb bags weren't made of the petrified remains of a dodongo's stomach?
    That would explain why there's so few. The Gorons ate the other ones.

23. - Top - End - #113

More Zelda incoming!

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time [7] Great Fairy of Power

Video Length: 21:58

Sort of a short one today, due to the context of things we're doing in this episode and potentially poor decisions I don't know. Anyway, last time we beat up the king of dinosaurs, became a hugbro of the Gorons, and got an adult purse. Let's go up to the top of Death Mountain and go meet the fairy we've heard so much and or so little about! But first some small side stuff. We blow up a rock near the shortcut in the Lost Woods that leads to Goron City, and we get one of the It's A Secret rooms. Rooms with this layout (two small ponds with a fish, some shrugs with bugs in them, a beehive, a treasure chest containing 5 to 20 rupees, and a Gossip Stone) are scattered all throughout Hyrule. They're small, generic rooms that serve the duel purpose of giving you a random chest full of money and for allowing you to refill your bottles with useful items. The fish doesn't really do much except for quest/side quest stuff, whereas the Bugs can dig up patches of ground to reveal Gold Skulltula's. I'll be showing that off later, though.

Secondly today, we play Goron Bomb Roulette! Throw a bomb in the big ole spinning pot and get a reward based on the face it lands on. Usually I can land a bomb every time but always get the wrong result. This time...I swear I'm good at video games I just...I just couldn't aim today and I don't know why. Our reward here is some cash and a Heart Piece when I DO finally do it. Now, another thing I COULD OF done here is stop the Hot Roading Goron. As it turns out, you can stop that guy under the overhang on his floor to get a reward. A reward that would make some of the moments in this video a little less awkward and a little less funny at my expense. But, such is life. Sometimes you just don't bomb proper.

So, Death Mountain. The path leading up to it is constantly raining volcanicaly shot out rocks, and while you CAN shield them I've found it's far easier to roll to evade them. Link gets a small degree of invincibility frames as well after all, so he can tank a few hits. At the summit we blow our way into a fairy fountain and play the Zelda's Lullaby revealing...the Great Fairies. Originally seen as strange ladies with vines covering them, wearing only thigh high jackboots, it's quite clear now the stuff on their legs is supposed to be roots and dirt and stuff. The giant sort of diva-ish lady wearing nothing but vines and stuff though...that's still a thing. And that laugh...goodness! Suffice to say this depiction of the Great Fairies is quite an iconic one, and one well remembered for being both really cool and also horrifying to small children that don't expect it. She grants us a magic meter, and the ability to perform the Spin Attack, a powerful charge move involving magic. It's quite cool. Also cool is that, our owl friend here is actually useful. He can pick us up and fly us back to Kakariko Village...specifically, ontop of a building that lets us easily get into a hidden area to get a Heart Piece. Hell yeah!

After that it's time to...quasi sequence break. So, a thing I say in this video is that it's really unclear where to GO from here. This isn't wrong. The map says for us to go to a certain area that as we later learn in this video is Zora's Domain but...that's not actually where we're SUPPOSED to go. I'll explain it in more detail later since a lot of what I talk about actually happens in FRIDAY'S video, but suffice to say...I'm technically not doing things "right" here, but given how open ended the game is, and how it doesn't REALLY direct us, that's to be expected. AS an aside I can't wait for Breath of the Wild.

But of course before all that we find ourselves face to face with boulders...and me without any bombs. OOPS. While I'm back in town buying a VERY bad deal, I also pick up the first happy mask! This is a long and involved side quest, but for now just be happy that I have a very cute fox mask and will be wearing it as much as possible. The Keaton Mask is the best mask in the game, second only to the mask we get as a reward for finishing all of this quest chain. It does nothing but look cute. It needs to do nothing but be cute. With bombs in hand we return to Zora's River and can actually proceed. Things of note here is a bean salesmen who sells us magic beans. These will be useful later. More directly important is a cucco we need to take with us to get a Heart Piece or two (we only get the one right now) and our first encounter with the series staple: The Octorok! In this game they're quite shy, sneaking back into the water if you get close. They spew out rocks which can be reflected back at them with the Deku Shield, and of course can be shot by boomerang or slingshot. They're fairly dangerous all things considered.

Finally, after navigating the winding river, we arrive at a waterfall with a triforce mat infront of it giving us a very obvious hint to play Zelda's Lullaby. This is apparently supposed to be confusing since you can find Kaepora Gaebora in another part of the game and he'll give you an even more obvious hint on what to do here! It's ridiculous! Anyway, we have now entered my favorite, or maybe second favorite, town in the game. Zora's Domain, home of the Zora people, who are my favorite race in the series. A bunch of handsome fishelves that are just super chill at all times. I love it, it's so calm and relaxing and the music is great. We go meet King Zora who is...not the prime specimen of his species in any regard, and he's too distraught over the vanishing of his daughter to actually discuss things with us. Oh well. We do a torch run to get a Heart Piece and that'll be the video for today. A little short but that's just how things played out given my bomb troubles this episode.

I hope you enjoyed, I'll see you guys next time where we have...quite a bit of fun. We're almost at the third dungeon, the final Spiritual Stone dungeon, and the first actually hard one.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, the creepy talking cow. In an indoor cage accessible only by jumping onto the balcony from the roof or another building. Who designed this place?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #115

NecromancerGuy

Hey, chickens are no laughing matter to grab the feet of when they're having a hissy fit. And cuccos are twice as deadly, at least.

As for running out of bombs, that's exactly why the sequel corrected that issue. Totes annoying, but, then, that's why you use bombs wisely.

As for the great fairy, all I can say is that it looks more like Link got a Giant Woman(a giant woman!) more than anything else.

That would explain why there's so few. The Gorons ate the other ones.
    I suppose it would be gorogoro to somehow make a bag out of rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Ah, the creepy talking cow. In an indoor cage accessible only by jumping onto the balcony from the roof or another building. Who designed this place?
    Hylian Ninja. Literally. That's Mama Imps house.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2016-06-27 at 11:03 AM.
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Skultula Collection (plus some other stuff...)

Skultula Number Location Video Number Time
    1 Deku Tree 1 23:51
    2 Deku Tree 2 0:25
    3 Deku Tree 2 0:46
    4 Castle Town 2 20:04
    5 Hyrule Field 2 24:51
    6 Kakariko Village 4 20:04
    6 Kakariko Village 4 21:34
    8 Kakariko Village 4 22:21
    9 Kakariko Village 5 0:04
    10 Dodongo's Cavern 5 21:58
    11 Dodongo's Cavern 6 5:00
    12 Dodongo's Cavern 6 16:34
    13 Death Mountain 6 22:23
    14 Death Mountain Crater 7 8:13
    15 Zora's River 7 11:39

Huh, while in the cow cage, there were some drawings of the Triforce and Ocarinas. Peculiar.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Sounds (7)
    Show
    More Zelda incoming!

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time [7] Great Fairy of Power

Video Length: 21:58

Sort of a short one today, due to the context of things we're doing in this episode and potentially poor decisions I don't know. Anyway, last time we beat up the king of dinosaurs, became a hugbro of the Gorons, and got an adult purse. Let's go up to the top of Death Mountain and go meet the fairy we've heard so much and or so little about! But first some small side stuff. We blow up a rock near the shortcut in the Lost Woods that leads to Goron City, and we get one of the It's A Secret rooms. Rooms with this layout (two small ponds with a fish, some shrugs with bugs in them, a beehive, a treasure chest containing 5 to 20 rupees, and a Gossip Stone) are scattered all throughout Hyrule. They're small, generic rooms that serve the duel purpose of giving you a random chest full of money and for allowing you to refill your bottles with useful items. The fish doesn't really do much except for quest/side quest stuff, whereas the Bugs can dig up patches of ground to reveal Gold Skulltula's. I'll be showing that off later, though.

Secondly today, we play Goron Bomb Roulette! Throw a bomb in the big ole spinning pot and get a reward based on the face it lands on. Usually I can land a bomb every time but always get the wrong result. This time...I swear I'm good at video games I just...I just couldn't aim today and I don't know why. Our reward here is some cash and a Heart Piece when I DO finally do it. Now, another thing I COULD OF done here is stop the Hot Roading Goron. As it turns out, you can stop that guy under the overhang on his floor to get a reward. A reward that would make some of the moments in this video a little less awkward and a little less funny at my expense. But, such is life. Sometimes you just don't bomb proper.

So, Death Mountain. The path leading up to it is constantly raining volcanicaly shot out rocks, and while you CAN shield them I've found it's far easier to roll to evade them. Link gets a small degree of invincibility frames as well after all, so he can tank a few hits. At the summit we blow our way into a fairy fountain and play the Zelda's Lullaby revealing...the Great Fairies. Originally seen as strange ladies with vines covering them, wearing only thigh high jackboots, it's quite clear now the stuff on their legs is supposed to be roots and dirt and stuff. The giant sort of diva-ish lady wearing nothing but vines and stuff though...that's still a thing. And that laugh...goodness! Suffice to say this depiction of the Great Fairies is quite an iconic one, and one well remembered for being both really cool and also horrifying to small children that don't expect it. She grants us a magic meter, and the ability to perform the Spin Attack, a powerful charge move involving magic. It's quite cool. Also cool is that, our owl friend here is actually useful. He can pick us up and fly us back to Kakariko Village...specifically, ontop of a building that lets us easily get into a hidden area to get a Heart Piece. Hell yeah!

After that it's time to...quasi sequence break. So, a thing I say in this video is that it's really unclear where to GO from here. This isn't wrong. The map says for us to go to a certain area that as we later learn in this video is Zora's Domain but...that's not actually where we're SUPPOSED to go. I'll explain it in more detail later since a lot of what I talk about actually happens in FRIDAY'S video, but suffice to say...I'm technically not doing things "right" here, but given how open ended the game is, and how it doesn't REALLY direct us, that's to be expected. AS an aside I can't wait for Breath of the Wild.

But of course before all that we find ourselves face to face with boulders...and me without any bombs. OOPS. While I'm back in town buying a VERY bad deal, I also pick up the first happy mask! This is a long and involved side quest, but for now just be happy that I have a very cute fox mask and will be wearing it as much as possible. The Keaton Mask is the best mask in the game, second only to the mask we get as a reward for finishing all of this quest chain. It does nothing but look cute. It needs to do nothing but be cute. With bombs in hand we return to Zora's River and can actually proceed. Things of note here is a bean salesmen who sells us magic beans. These will be useful later. More directly important is a cucco we need to take with us to get a Heart Piece or two (we only get the one right now) and our first encounter with the series staple: The Octorok! In this game they're quite shy, sneaking back into the water if you get close. They spew out rocks which can be reflected back at them with the Deku Shield, and of course can be shot by boomerang or slingshot. They're fairly dangerous all things considered.

Finally, after navigating the winding river, we arrive at a waterfall with a triforce mat infront of it giving us a very obvious hint to play Zelda's Lullaby. This is apparently supposed to be confusing since you can find Kaepora Gaebora in another part of the game and he'll give you an even more obvious hint on what to do here! It's ridiculous! Anyway, we have now entered my favorite, or maybe second favorite, town in the game. Zora's Domain, home of the Zora people, who are my favorite race in the series. A bunch of handsome fishelves that are just super chill at all times. I love it, it's so calm and relaxing and the music is great. We go meet King Zora who is...not the prime specimen of his species in any regard, and he's too distraught over the vanishing of his daughter to actually discuss things with us. Oh well. We do a torch run to get a Heart Piece and that'll be the video for today. A little short but that's just how things played out given my bomb troubles this episode.

I hope you enjoyed, I'll see you guys next time where we have...quite a bit of fun. We're almost at the third dungeon, the final Spiritual Stone dungeon, and the first actually hard one.

That circle you bomb. Play a song that effects the weather, and you'll open a hole in the middle of them. Nearly all stone circles have something interesting in the center...accessed by various methods...

That bomb throw at the third rock is one of the hardest to time I've found. Glad I'm not the only one who has trouble. As for the big climb up the mountain, you CAN avoid the Skullwalltulas, but if you risk it RNG could get you and then you fall all the way back down. I just deal with them.

As an aside, the morning hyrule field song is what I wake up to as an alarm every morning.

If you run out of time, you burn to death. However, the amount of time you can spend there is dependent on how many hearts you have. The more you have, the more time you can spend inside before burning up.

You can get the heart piece in Zora's River. All you have to do is let go of the cuckoo midflight when you fly against the ledge and you grab and climb it. Then its just a small jump to the piece of heart.

Gotta love the zoom out of the Zora Secret opening with the ground framing each the vision.

The Zora are probably my favorite race as well, but I do love me the Gorons as well.

The all in one run would be more impressive without having told you about torches and how they interact with Deku Sticks...

EPISODE 7 KILL TALLY!

Skullwalltula - 3
    Gold Skulltula - 2
    Stalchild - 19
    Octorok - 1

Style Points - 0

Missed Rupees - 0

Temple Analysis
    Inside the Deku Tree

Ocarina of Time
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 7)

Deku Baba - 17
    Deku Scrubs, Mad - 5
    Lizalfos - 4
    Octoroks - 1
    Peahats - 1
    Tektites, Red - 5
    Wolfos - 1

Constructs
    Armos - 4
    Beamos - 3

Dinosaurs
    Dodongos, Baby - 12
    Dodongos - 3
    King Dodongo - 1

Keese
    Keese - 10
    Keese, Fire - 4

Poes
    Sharpe - 1
    Flat - 1

Stal
    ReDeads - 4
    Stalchildren - 33

Tula
    Gohma Eggs - 2
    Gohma Larvas - 1
    Gohma - 1
    Skulltula, Big - 7
    Skulltula, Gold - 15
    Skullwalltula - 7

Total Things Dead - 143

1st Place - Stalchildren, at 33!
    2nd Place - Deku Baba, at 17!
    3rd Place - Gold Skulltula, at 15!

Total Style Points - 4

Total Missed Rupees - 27
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2016-07-11 at 09:00 AM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

28. - Top - End - #118

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    As an aside, the morning hyrule field song is what I wake up to as an alarm every morning.

If you run out of time, you burn to death. However, the amount of time you can spend there is dependent on how many hearts you have. The more you have, the more time you can spend inside before burning up.

You can get the heart piece in Zora's River. All you have to do is let go of the cuckoo midflight when you fly against the ledge and you grab and climb it. Then its just a small jump to the piece of heart.

The all in one run would be more impressive without having told you about torches and how they interact with Deku Sticks...
    Wow you really like you some Zelda

Thanks, I hadn't realized that. Cool!

I know another way to get it, which I will show off later.

At the time I didn't know it so it was still impressive to me!

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

The Cow Cage is in Impa's house, so of course she has religious imagery in there.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

The Cow Cage is in Impa's house, so of course she has religious imagery in there.
    Ah, okay, that makes sense. My sense of location is not good at the best of times... even less so in video games where I haven't gotten lost explored town dozens of times.