New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Sorbet and Slaughter

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Doc gives Strata the cola as he answers Viridia's question. "Stitch had asked Moon and I to retrieve two files from the third basement. They're yellow with pink stripes around the binding and a glow-in-the-dark 'Classified' label. Can't really miss something that bright."

"One file is supposed to be in the main office below, the other in the lab."
    Strata quickly started to gulp down the soda like she hadn't had anything to drink in days, which was probably accurate, actually.

"If there's a lab down there, then I'm not going down." Strata said, after fully consuming the delicious sugar water, "And I draw the line at taking classified information for a crazy filly. That's the sort of stuff that got ponies sent to dungeons back then. Or eaten by a dragon. I'm pretty sure that happened at least twice."

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    She kept walking, occasionally checking her pipbuck as she moved forward.
    The yellow dot that Moonshadow saw earlier was rather close, now; two hallways down, at most. Other then that, there were not any other dots coming up on her Pipbuck that weren't her friends and Strata. The ghoul she just met wasn't coming up on her map, either, which was probably good to note.

The hallway she was currently seemed to simply be a continuation of the one she first saw on this floor, which matched with Strata's description, but there were far more signs of pre and post-bomb carnage. Two skeletons were slumped next to each other near a janitorial cart, and there were old bloodstains on the floor around them. While most of the rooms just seemed to be more patient quarters, the laundry room was right in front of Moonshadow and the door was ajar.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2016-06-20 at 04:56 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    Strata quickly started to gulp down the soda like she hadn't had anything to drink in days, which was probably accurate, actually.

"If there's a lab down there, then I'm not going down." Strata said, after fully consuming the delicious sugar water, "And I draw the line at taking classified information for a crazy filly. That's the sort of stuff that got ponies sent to dungeons back then. Or eaten by a dragon. I'm pretty sure that happened at least twice."
    "Ooh!" Viridia's eyes widened. "Speaking of forbidden things, have you heard of the necronomicon?"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    "Ooh!" Viridia's eyes widened. "Speaking of forbidden things, have you heard of the necronomicon?"
    Strata turned to Viridia. She seemed rather surprised, and she let out a low whistle.

"That's another one of those things that can get you sent to the moon. There's a couple of names for it, but yeah, I have; the Ministry of Image put it right under Discord's autobiography, threat level wise. How do you know about it?"

4. - Top - End - #94
    Spamalot in the Playground

Doc will motion to walk-and-talk so the party doesn't get too far behind Moonshadow. As he moves along, he'll keep an eye out for evidence Moonshadow was around. Maybe doors left open or disturbed dust?

"How do you know about it?"
    "A salty ship captain mentioned it."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2016-06-20 at 06:19 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #95

"Among others." Viridia nodded. "How about worshipers of 'Nightmare Moon'? Who use dark magic, like, literally dark? And collect artifact?"

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc will motion to walk-and-talk so the party doesn't get too far behind Moonshadow. As he moves along, he'll keep an eye out for evidence Moonshadow was around. Maybe doors left open or disturbed dust?
    [Best to roll Perception, then. It's nearly pitch black, however, so roll with a -1.]

"A salty ship captain mentioned it."
    Strata didn't seem to find that helpful, but she shrugged and accepted it, regardless. She also began to start following a few feet behind Doc; she looked like she was waiting him to pass by each door before she walked forward, as well.

"Among others." Viridia nodded. "How about worshipers of 'Nightmare Moon'? Who use dark magic, like, literally dark? And collect artifact?"
    Strata chuckled.

"The appeal of being in forbidden cults never really caught on in this country; the only real cults of Nightmare Moon that ever existed in Equestria were restricted to bat ponies. The average pony back then who called themselves a follower of Nightmare Moon was usually just a serious tax protester or a unicorn who didn't want to trade in all their black clothing. There's never been any proof that Nightmare Moon could influence the world while trapped on the moon; if you wanted Celestia to influence the world, you could write a petition. To the average pony, Luna only ever showed up when Celestia needed backup to take out serious threats. There probably would have been a more serious outcry if Celestia couldn't handle the sun and moon by herself, but she could, so the average salt of the earth farmer didn't really care if the purple moon pony was sent to the moon."

Strata paused before she tackled the rest of Viridia's questions, and also sounded like they held more weight then the topic of cults.

"As for dark magic and artifacts, that's a more complicated question. Dark magic is any magic ponies can't handle, and most ponies have about the same tolerance for irregular types of magic that middle schoolers have for whisky. Unicorns stumbling on sources of dark magic was a major issue in the years before the war, and it took one unicorn with access to Alicorn Magic to take over the Crystal Empire.

As for magical items, Equestria had two big dumping sites for those. One was Celestia's personal vault, which was also the horde of the Canterlot Dragoness, and the other was the Crystal Empire, which holds all of Sombra's old stuff along with most of the stuff dredged up during the war. The government went on a big buying spree at the beginning of the war and tried to pick up any magical items that was laying around in noble estates or hidden tombs and the like, so they would be the main hoarders of magical artifacts, honestly."
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2016-06-20 at 07:19 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97

Per (1d10)[4] vs. 6

"Just to hoard them or to use them in the war?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #98

Viridia nodded in understanding. "Do you know whether those cults had any symbols of rank, like, say, ugliness? Because I met this one Priestess of Nightmare Moon who was really ugly. Like...haunting. She looked like an avocado that had sex with an older, more disgusting avocado. Not gently. Like, it was hateful. There was something wrong with the relationship and that was the only catharsis they could find without violence."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Per [roll0] vs. 6
    Something was odd with the floor in the hallway right outside the offices. Irregular patches of flooring were just a hair lower then the rest, and generally seemed to be a darker color. A quick examination of the walls also confirmed that something similar was going on, as well, but the indents were far smaller and patchier and formed patterns that resembled splatter.

"Just to hoard them or to use them in the war?"
    "Same thing." Strata replied, with a small frown, "Most of those types of items were way too unpredictable to use in any real capacity, and for every magic wand they dug up Arcane Science had cranked out five hundred energy rifles. There's only a few things made back then that could compete with what Sparkle's ponies could cook up."

Viridia nodded in understanding. "Do you know whether those cults had any symbols of rank, like, say, ugliness? Because I met this one Priestess of Nightmare Moon who was really ugly. Like...haunting. She looked like an avocado that had sex with an older, more disgusting avocado. Not gently. Like, it was hateful. There was something wrong with the relationship and that was the only catharsis they could find without violence."
    Strata was giggling about halfway though Viridia's description, but she gave what sounded like a honest answer.

"Bat pony history was declared a state secret before I graduated, but those kinds of cults tended to follow a pattern. There's always chaff involved, the sort of ponies who are easily led, and then there's the leaders, who might actually have plans that resemble coherent plots for global domination. The real Nightmare Moon worshipers usually wanted ponies around them to do what they wanted, so you don't really hear much about devout Nightmare Moon worshiping farmers who live in the middle of nowhere. There's nothing appealing about doing that. Did your avocado priestess have a congregation or anything? Any mumblings about world domination or eternal night? Was her name Doomdark Von Spookytime, or anything along those lines? Did you check her back for wings?"
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2016-06-20 at 08:31 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100

Strata was giggling about halfway though Viridia's description, but she gave what sounded like a honest answer.

"Bat pony history was declared a state secret before I graduated, but those kinds of cults tended to follow a pattern. There's always chaff involved, the sort of ponies who are easily led, and then there's the leaders, who might actually have plans that resemble coherent plots for global domination. The real Nightmare Moon worshipers usually wanted ponies around them to do what they wanted, so you don't really hear much about devout Nightmare Moon worshiping farmers who live in the middle of nowhere. There's nothing appealing about doing that. Did your avocado priestess have a congregation or anything? Any mumblings about world domination or eternal night? Was her name Doomdark Von Spookytime, or anything along those lines? Did you check her back for wings?"
    "It actually was! Priestess Shade. And she did this whole appearing-out-of-shadows thing. And she had this weird family in an old church. It's like, hello, did I walk into a cheap comic book?" Viridia beamed.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2016-06-20 at 08:46 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101

Something was odd with the floor in the hallway right outside the offices. Irregular patches of flooring were just a hair lower then the rest, and generally seemed to be a darker color. A quick examination of the walls also confirmed that something similar was going on, as well, but the indents were far smaller and patchier and formed patterns that resembled splatter.
    'Acid spill perhaps?' Doc thinks to himself. V's description of Shade though... Heh, avocado priestess.

(OOC: Excellent Dead Pool reference)

"Choro, any dots on your pipbuck?" the doctor asks her.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2016-06-20 at 08:48 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

"It actually was! Priestess Shade. And she did this whole appearing-out-of-shadows thing. And she had this weird family in an old church. It's like, hello, did I walk into a cheap comic book?" Viridia beamed.
    Strata immediately frowned.

"What? A church to Nightmare Moon? In Equestria? How big was it?" she asked, plainly surprised and confused in equal measure, "Was it in this city, or elsewhere?"
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2016-06-20 at 08:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103

"Uhh, to the South, by the big ol' lake? Near a bunch of slums that had some bunkers in them." Viridia answered.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

"Uhh, to the South, by the big ol' lake? Near a bunch of slums that had some bunkers in them." Viridia answered.
    Strata now looked stumped.

"It must have been made after the bombs, then, because I think I would've remembered a church to Nightmare Moon, especially in the southern docks. That area was nearly a quarter zebra, if I'm right, and I wouldn't think a church to Nightmare Moon would've lasted fifteen seconds without being ransacked."
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2016-06-20 at 09:07 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105

"Maybe you should get out more, Strata," Doc suggests.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #106

"Must have been." Viridia shrugged. "Or it was redecorated at some point.. Oh, what about magic? Pony magic? Do you know about anything that lets non-Unicorns do proper magic, not lame stuff like making the wind a little dusty? Like, could I change shape or something?"

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

"Maybe you should get out more, Strata," Doc suggests.
    Strata rolled her good eye.

"Hey, hiding under a rock's kept me alive. You, on the other hoof, might want to get a grip. Respect your elders. I'm giving quality exposition at reasonable prices. After this little misadventure, I'm off to a lake house in the middle of nowhere."

Oh, what about magic? Pony magic? Do you know about anything that lets non-Unicorns do proper magic, not lame stuff like making the wind a little dusty? Like, could I change shape or something?"
    Strata, after turning back to Viridia, seemed rather surprised by Viridia's line of questioning.

"You'd need a enchanted potion, or a magical item, or something else along those lines. There's some serious spells that could do it, but you'd need a unicorn to do that, and I don't think you're the type who wants that. As for items, I'd try and track down a zebra, if there's any still left; they have forgotten more about enchantments then ponies ever figured out."

Strata paused.

"Why the interest in unicorn magic?" she asked, sounding as if she was clearly interested in Viridia's response, "Looking at you, I'd guess you grew up well enough, so I'm confused about where you're getting 'proper magic' from. Are you going for Alicornhood or something?"
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2016-06-21 at 05:01 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108

"Why the interest in unicorn magic?" she asked, sounding as if she was clearly interested in Viridia's response, "Looking at you, I'd guess you grew up well enough, so I'm confused about where you're getting 'proper magic' from. Are you going for Alicornhood or something?"
    "I'm not even entirely sure I know what an alicon is." Viridia shrugged. "But, it's like, unicorn magic is really sweet. They can shoot fire out of their faces, move things without touching them, make force fields, and stuff. And all Pegasi get is flying, which Unicorns can copy so what even and making wind go faster. And Earth Ponies don't even get that! Their magic is believing in themselves or whatever. And it's not like Unicorn magic isn't way better; one of the most dominant forces in the wasteland is a bunch of wizards! You don't see a band of Earth Ponies strutting around in charge because they can lift up a piano. Sure, Pegasi have the Enclave, but that's only 'cause they have the results of decades of co-operation with other ponies, which is just cheating."" She paused. "It just seems like things in general would be a lot better if everypony could learn to do Unicorn magic."

19. - Top - End - #109

"Have to agree there," Doc says. "Unicorns have a pretty sweet deal going with their magic. If I raise enough caps, I might be able to get a pair of cybernetic wings, but there's no tech that can duplicate a unicorn's magical horn."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

The yellow dot that Moonshadow saw earlier was rather close, now; two hallways down, at most. Other then that, there were not any other dots coming up on her Pipbuck that weren't her friends and Strata. The ghoul she just met wasn't coming up on her map, either, which was probably good to note.

The hallway she was currently seemed to simply be a continuation of the one she first saw on this floor, which matched with Strata's description, but there were far more signs of pre and post-bomb carnage. Two skeletons were slumped next to each other near a janitorial cart, and there were old bloodstains on the floor around them. While most of the rooms just seemed to be more patient quarters, the laundry room was right in front of Moonshadow and the door was ajar.
    Time to find out what that thing is, Moonshadow thought to herself, moving slowly towards the dot, and keeping to cover as best she could.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm not even entirely sure I know what an alicon is." Viridia shrugged. "But, it's like, unicorn magic is really sweet. They can shoot fire out of their faces, move things without touching them, make force fields, and stuff. And all Pegasi get is flying, which Unicorns can copy so what even and making wind go faster. And Earth Ponies don't even get that! Their magic is believing in themselves or whatever. And it's not like Unicorn magic isn't way better; one of the most dominant forces in the wasteland is a bunch of wizards!
    Strata didn't seem impressed by Viridia's argument.

"In order for a unicorn to have the ability to do anything beyond moving a paperweight, they have to undergo magical training that can go up to six years. That training is so ten year olds don't accidentally kill themselves by half-remembering a spell or forgetting how levitation works. After that, about five percent of unicorn foals that go through that training might be allowed to take higher-tier magic training, if they want to spend the next ten years or so of their lives dedicated to doing one thing, and one thing only. The reasonable alternative to that, of course, is to go for a Arcane Science specialty degree and get a nice, fat government job, instead of being able to make small fireballs with your mind and be broke. You know what else can make small fireballs? Grenades. Pegusi can fly, and earth ponies can earth pony. "

Strata briefly looked at Choro, and lowered her head so the two were roughly at eye level.

"Hey, help me with this." she half-whispered to the filly.

You don't see a band of Earth Ponies strutting around in charge because they can lift up a piano.
    Strata raised a eyebrow.

"I would have thought that would a very useful skill, up there."

Sure, Pegasi have the Enclave, but that's only 'cause they have the results of decades of co-operation with other ponies, which is just cheating."" She paused. "It just seems like things in general would be a lot better if everypony could learn to do Unicorn magic."
    Strata seemed confused by what Viridia just said, but shrugged, eventually.

"No comment on that first part, but no, everything would suck if everyone was a unicorn. Imagine a world where everyone had a pistol attached to their foreheads and the only gun safety manuals are five hundred pages long, and you need to memorize every word of it or else ponies would start dying really quickly. And if you have just one depressed ice cream gobbling unicorn who finds the right spell, then she could start manipulating reality as they see fit or turn a country into slaves or open a portal to another dimension or whatever they want. I mean, pegusi can cause tornados and earth ponies can make pipe bombs with their eyes shut, but at least they can use their magic without a immediate risk of backfiring."

"Have to agree there," Doc says. "Unicorns have a pretty sweet deal going with their magic. If I raise enough caps, I might be able to get a pair of cybernetic wings, but there's no tech that can duplicate a unicorn's magical horn."
    "Now see, that's stupid, because that's earth pony magic." Strata said, turning to Doc with a small smile on her face, "If you stuck a pair of wings on Choro there, her body would reject it in a few months. Earth ponies have the strongest constitutions on the planet, and have a natural knack at working with most material objects. They live the longest, too."

Time to find out what that thing is, Moonshadow thought to herself, moving slowly towards the dot, and keeping to cover as best she could.
    The yellow dot, it seemed, was a pony.

It was wearing a sea-green hat and blouse; clearly, some sort of nurses uniform. Most of the pony's neck was wrapped in a thick layer of gauze, which was stained with reddish-brownish patches. It's legs were thin and leathery and had some exposed bone, which outed the 'pony' as a ghoul, quite obviously. It was standing in a hunched position that caused it's spine and shoulder blades to be visible under it's shirt, and it's steps were careful and it's gait slow.

This was likely caused by what was carrying in it's mouth; it looked like a chunk of the wall that had been ripped out The concrete slab at the end of the rebar rods was stained reddish-brown, and the ghoul's outfit had numerous bloodstains on it, as well. The ghoul's mouth looked to be mostly ruined, but it was biting down hard on what looked like a towelette that was wrapped around the rods, which was likely more pleasant then biting down on metal for a few hundred years.

The ghoul itself was simply walking down the hall; it seemed to take great pains to not drag it's weapon on the floor or walls. As far as cover in the hallway went, there was nada and zilch. As for relatively good news, the ghoul was just now stepping out of the boiler rooms.

[If Moonshadow wants to sneak down the hall, there's no cover on the ground but she can do some sneaky ninja moves on the ceiling, so there's no penalties for that. The ghoul has the Lunar Sight perk, but Moonshadow has flight, so there's no penalties to Stealth involved here. There's about forty feet between Moonshadow and the ghoul, at the moment.]
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2016-06-21 at 03:51 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112

"Now see, that's stupid, because that's earth pony magic." Strata said, turning to Doc with a small smile on her face, "If you stuck a pair of wings on Choro there, her body would reject it in a few months. Earth ponies have the strongest constitutions on the planet, and have a natural knack at working with most material objects. They live the longest, too."
    "I wouldn't consider having a strong constitution magical. More just evolution cause we can't fly out of danger or conjure up a magical shield. We just kind of... well, take it."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2016-06-21 at 04:36 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #113

Strata didn't seem impressed by Viridia's argument.

"In order for a unicorn to have the ability to do anything beyond moving a paperweight, they have to undergo magical training that can go up to six years. That training is so ten year olds don't accidentally kill themselves by half-remembering a spell or forgetting how levitation works. After that, about five percent of unicorn foals that go through that training might be allowed to take higher-tier magic training, if they want to spend the next ten years or so of their lives dedicated to doing one thing, and one thing only. The reasonable alternative to that, of course, is to go for a Arcane Science specialty degree and get a nice, fat government job, instead of being able to make small fireballs with your mind and be broke. You know what else can make small fireballs? Grenades. Pegusi can fly, and earth ponies can earth pony. "
    "Grenades depend on your ability to gather resources and put them all together in the right place, which also means having to go through a bunch of learning crap, and you can't just make one poof into existence." Viridia replied. "And as for all that difficulty...well, most unicorns have got on fine in the wasteland without it, unless they just happen ot be part of a particular guild, y'know? Maybe that's how they did it before, but there are plenty of bandits and raiders and just militia ponies who've never studied under the government who can use magic pretty well."

"No comment on that first part, but no, everything would suck if everyone was a unicorn. Imagine a world where everyone had a pistol attached to their foreheads and the only gun safety manuals are five hundred pages long, and you need to memorize every word of it or else ponies would start dying really quickly. And if you have just one depressed ice cream gobbling unicorn who finds the right spell, then she could start manipulating reality as they see fit or turn a country into slaves or open a portal to another dimension or whatever they want. I mean, pegusi can cause tornados and earth ponies can make pipe bombs with their eyes shut, but at least they can use their magic without a immediate risk of backfiring."
    "Only if everypony's an idiot and doesn't tell anybody else how to use magic. Which they would, because parents don't want their kids dead, or their friend's kids dead." She added. "...and what kinda magic is making a pipe bomb? Anypony can do that."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Moonshadow looks at the ghoul. Well it's holding a weapon. That might make it intelligent. Moreso then the last ghoul at least. That doesn't mean it's friendly though. Hmmm... Moonshadow thought, trying to see if the ghoul's current path will hit the group or not.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using the Pipbuck's radar to see where the group is if that isn't obvious. If they aren't in radar reach, Moonshadow does have Choro's tag.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

"I wouldn't consider having a strong constitution magical. More just evolution cause we can't fly out of danger of conjure up a magical shield. We just kind of... well, take it."
    Strata stared at Doc for a few moments. Then, she started to laugh a little.

"Of course it is. Statistically, a earth pony stallion will live up to a decade longer then a zebra stallion of equivalent health, and will have one eight the chance of having any serious health issues relating to the heart or liver. About fifty percent of Equestria's centenarians were earth ponies. Unicorns have the worst mental health out of any of the three major tribes, pegusi have a big slew of bone and blood related illnesses that only pop up in them, donkeys have issues with lipid distribution, and so on and so on. But hey, you're a doctor. You clearly know better then I do. Hey, has there been a earth pony case of purpura hemorrhagica, yet?"

"Grenades depend on your ability to gather resources and put them all together in the right place, which also means having to go through a bunch of learning crap, and you can't just make one poof into existence." Viridia replied.
    Strata nodded.

"Yeah, but you haven't seen a ten year old filly break one down and rebuild it like it's one of those puzzle cubes." she replied, sounding wistful.

"And as for all that difficulty...well, most unicorns have got on fine in the wasteland without it, unless they just happen ot be part of a particular guild, y'know? Maybe that's how they did it before, but there are plenty of bandits and raiders and just militia ponies who've never studied under the government who can use magic pretty well."
    Strata shrugged, again, because apparently she liked moving her shoulders and making sure she wasn't developing arthritis or something.

"Special talents are still a thing, right?" she asked, briefly looking at Choro before turning back to Viridia, "Yeah, of course they can. Most unicorns can do at least one thing pretty well. If you have a toothbrush cutie mark, you might be able to do a mid-level gentle cleaning spell pretty well. Can they make a spell matrix, or know the relationship between conjuring fire and extreme cold, though? I wouldn't think so. I'd imagine most of them still carry around guns, too. Would I be wrong?"

"Only if everypony's an idiot and doesn't tell anybody else how to use magic. Which they would, because parents don't want their kids dead, or their friend's kids dead."
    "Hey, how many idiots do you know?" Strata asked, rather pointedly, "I was surprised that you didn't show up wearing a outfit made of spikes and bondage gear, honestly, so my standards are pretty low, but there were complete morons back then and I don't think that's changed after a good hundred and seventy years. "

She added. "...and what kinda magic is making a pipe bomb? Anypony can do that."
    Strata nodded. "They sure could. Anyone can make a splint, too."

Strata then turned to Doc. There was a odd expression on her face, as if she was considering something she hadn't before.

"Hey, you were trained by somepony and raised somewhere nice. Let me guess, two earth pony parents, both involved in medicine. You were probably part of some sort of commune or community, probably in a Ministry of Peace hub or something. There might have been unicorns around in powerful positions, but they were useful for diagnostic and medical spells, most of the time. There were unicorns doing the grunt work, but earth ponies did most of the actual heavy lifting, as far as making ponies feel better. Am I wrong?"

Moonshadow looks at the ghoul. Well it's holding a weapon. That might make it intelligent. Moreso then the last ghoul at least. That doesn't mean it's friendly though. Hmmm... Moonshadow thought, trying to see if the ghoul's current path will hit the group or not.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using the Pipbuck's radar to see where the group is if that isn't obvious. If they aren't in radar reach, Moonshadow does have Choro's tag.
    The group was currently at the very edge of Moonshadow's map radius.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2016-06-21 at 05:00 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

If the ghoul looks like it'll end up crossing the group's path, Moonshadow will follow behind it on the ceiling. Otherwise, she'll sneak past it and continue on down the hallway.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth roll (1d100)[50] vs 78
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

If the ghoul looks like it'll end up crossing the group's path, Moonshadow will follow behind it on the ceiling. Otherwise, she'll sneak past it and continue on down the hallway.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth roll [roll0] vs 78
    The ghoul was slowly traversing down the hall, and if it followed the same obvious route Moonshadow did, it would end up to where the group was. However, it was moving at a rather slow pace, and logic would dictate that following it from behind would make the most sense.

[Moonshadow's at the other end of the hallway, still on the ceiling.]

28. - Top - End - #118

"Of course it is. Statistically, a earth pony stallion will live up to a decade longer then a zebra stallion of equivalent health, and will have one eight the chance of having any serious health issues relating to the heart or liver. About fifty percent of Equestria's centenarians were earth ponies. Unicorns have the worst mental health out of any of the three major tribes, pegusi have a big slew of bone and blood related illnesses that only pop up in them, donkeys have issues with lipid distribution, and so on and so on. But hey, you're a doctor. You clearly know better then I do. Hey, has there been a earth pony case of purpura hemorrhagica, yet?"
    "So if an earth pony walked into a place where magic was inhibited, they'd get frail and weak? I don't think earth ponies work that way. Sure we're hardier, I don't disagree there, but that's not due to some kind of magical effect. It's just natural selection," Doc explains diplomatically. "And yeah, an earth pony can get complications from the Strangles. You treat it with aggressive steroids, and antibiotics if those are available."

Strata then turned to Doc. There was a odd expression on her face, as if she was considering something she hadn't before.

"Hey, you were trained by somepony and raised somewhere nice. Let me guess, two earth pony parents, both involved in medicine. You were probably part of some sort of commune or community, probably in a Ministry of Peace hub or something. There might have been unicorns around in powerful positions, but they were useful for diagnostic and medical spells, most of the time. There were unicorns doing the grunt work, but earth ponies did most of the actual heavy lifting, as far as making ponies feel better. Am I wrong?"
    Doc raises an eyebrow. There's a slight smirk on his face. "Are you asking who was better suited to be the nurses and caretakers? If so, the answer is the pegasi. The answer is always pegasi." After a beat he waves away his answer.

"Kidding obviously. Your race doesn't really factor much in being a good nurse or not."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Moonshadow waits for the ghoul to pass her, and then begins the painfully slow journey of following the damn thing as it makes her way to her friends.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

"So if an earth pony walked into a place where magic was inhibited, they'd get frail and weak? I don't think earth ponies work that way."
    Strata shook her head, and at this point had a 'oh, for cripes sake' look on her face.

"No, they would just be on the same physical level as a healthy donkey."

"Sure we're hardier, I don't disagree there, but that's not due to some kind of magical effect. It's just natural selection.[/COLOR]" Doc explains diplomatically.[/COLOR]"
    Strata stared at Doc for quite a long time.

"Ah, yes, the natural selection which allows two earth ponies to have a set of twins that are a unicorn and a pegasus." Strata replied, rather slowly and with emphasis one quite nearly every syllable. "The one where griffons can mate with equines and produce viable offspring. The one that produced breezies as a viable form of life."

Doc raises an eyebrow. There's a slight smirk on his face. "Are you asking who was better suited to be the nurses and caretakers? If so, the answer is the pegasi. The answer is always pegasi." After a beat he waves away his answer.

"Kidding obviously. Your race doesn't really factor much in being a good nurse or not."
    "Nope, except when it does." Strata replied, still frowning, "Oh, for bucks sake, let's end this. I'm not interested in arguing."

Moonshadow waits for the ghoul to pass her, and then begins the painfully slow journey of following the damn thing as it makes her way to her friends.
    The ghoul, about halfway though the trip, did something odd; it paused, and carefully leaned it's weapon up against a nearby wall, looking as if it was straining it's entire body as it did so. Then, it took out what looked like a piece of jerky that was stashed under it's clothing, and began munching on it with gusto. The happy chewing noises it made were loud and rather gross.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2016-06-21 at 06:00 PM.